[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Z Fold 6.jpg (73 KB, 1200x600)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
Folding edition

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
https://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3
https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
https://phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
https://www.gsmarena.com
https://www.phonearena.com
https://www.notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checkers
https://www.frequencycheck.com
https://kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
https://willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
https://phonesized.com/
https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
https://www.xda-developers.com/

>Debloat your stock ROM
https://github.com/0x192/universal-android-debloater

>Open source Android applications
https://f-droid.org/

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
https://plexus.techlore.tech/

>Custom ROMs suggestions, privacy guides
https://gearjail.neocities.org/

>Recommended phones
https://www.gsmarena.com/smartphone_buyers_guide-review-2036.php

>Try out Android on your iToy
https://trygalaxy.com

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Anyone aggressively promoting iPhone is an underage micropenis shill who should be ignored
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how many shekels you spent on a good/bad phone

Previous thread: >>101322143
>>
First for Pixel 8a
>>
>>101345627
I don't understand the appeal of folding phones. they're too big but also too small, the screen has a dent in it
>>
File: FwvedlFWIAEGmJ3.jpg_large.jpg (574 KB, 1978x1302)
574 KB
574 KB JPG
We are one sleep away, Samsungsisters
>>
If samshit doesn't offer free memory upgrade and a heavy discount towards buds 3 for the flop 6, I'm not buying.
>>
>>101345646
This. I think it's pretty neat technology to have a flexible display, but it's not something I would ever use.

Unpopular opinion, but I would love to see a completely port-less phone that only charged wirelessly. Especially if it was water resistant to like 20 meters like some smart watches.
>>
>>101345722
transferring data would be a pain though ig if you use clouds it wouldn't matter
>>
>>101345720
I just want Buds 3 Pro. I hope I can keep the LEDs always on :^)
>>
>>101345749
Yeah I bet you'd look real cute with Christmas lights in your ears
>>
I can't control myself.
>>
budget phone before march 2025
what should I be looking at?
>>
File: gsmarena_003.jpg (221 KB, 1200x799)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
Sexiest new phone on the block. The striped pattern reminds me of brushed aluminium on vintage tech
>>
>>101345643
Waiting for pixel 9 personally.
>>
>>101345810
Um, isn't that Chinese? Don't you know we're at war with them?
>>
>>101345810
why were aluminum backs deprecated, again?
wireless charging? that's it?
>>
>>101345832
Yes. Normans can't live without their shitty wireless charging meme.
>>
I'm the snoy retard from a couple threads ago, Sony Xperia 10 VI.
Early thoughts after 1 1/2 days.
DSEE, snoy earbuds wf-c700n, is amazing for listening to YT stuff, especially old/low quality shit. UI's great, too bad about the ugly ass gray when you bring up the "open app task manager thing" via the square-key, which is my biggest gripe. Other shortcomings: no option to wake the screen by tapping, no basic ass notes app, can't configure side-senseā„¢ position (could have been a nice alternative/addition to using the classic drop-down menu, especially while having something equiped in your off-hand) and save for some half asses manuals not even a USB cable's included.
Srsly, is including a fucking notes app too much to ask? 99 shekel redmi phone's come with a tap-waking and a notes app wtf
>>
>>101345627
Thinking about picking up a Sony Xperia 1 V, does anyone have any experience with Sony smartphones?
>>
>>101345789
Samsung A or M series
>>
is there a phone that lets me play music on two different Bluetooth speakers at the same time? my Samsung phone just updated and got that feature removed for some reason
>>
>>101345872 same fagging addendum:
You can actually configure side-sense. You can even make the little bar transparent, NICE
>>
>>101345627
pixel 8a vs s24, or should I wait for the upcoming google event

Coming from poco f3, battery life is degrading fast and I want a small phone, sick of this phablet crap. I want build quality, stability, updates, battery life and camera. The other one would be zenfone 10, but I think I like both the pixel and the samsung better. don't care about headphone jack, been using BT headphones for quite some time now. Which would be sturdier btw? I have cases and the most I put is screen protector on the front and a ''carbon'' sticker on the back if it's too slippery
>>
If I go buy a Walmart dumb phone, can I just take my old active Sim card and put it into that and have it work with the same number? Using an s20fe but sick of the smartphone bullshit. Obviously would call Verizon to downgrade my plan
>>
>>101346036
S24
>>
Mini "I set it up plus a few days" 2024 Moto G Stylus review
>It knows when you yank out the stylus
>It can also keep track of where you were the last time you took it out or warn you when it's been out too long.
>There are language options for handwriting recognition
>Already has an equation input app, and note taking (assuming it's simple notes, not onenote-tier)
Need to find something for doodling. Found a kanji dictionary but the size of the display makes it feel really weird writing something in at the bottom when input is at the top.
>can also handwrite directly in a text box
>zero correction options and it seems impatient to convert
>Dictionary app has erase button on the text box, it occasionally decides I want to text box input when I poke it with my finger with the stylus out
I'll probably stick with the jp gboard handwriting.
Have on occasion found the stylus ajar when it is living in my pocket. It seems to only be the pen top popping and still needs to be yanked out however. It is a smidge proud of the bottom of the phone and I'm not planning to get a case so I'll probably have to turn on that tracking...

Don't know what else to report on. No detailed opinion on cameras yet, just that I can use one of the volume buttons to snap the picture which I didn't realize was a thing. Underscreen fingerprint unlock seems to be working without issue. I only play JP games but all of those are on a separate account+phone that can still add region-locked games. I also don't run my life from my phone so I haven't used it for much extended normalfag shit yet. I'm closing in on a week since I last charged to full and it says I'm at 50% just on messaging and checking the weather and occasional word lookup. I'll have to test music when I'm done with this slow drain and recharge it.
>>
>>101346234
I ain't reading all that I'm very happy for you tho
>>
>>101346234
tl;dr: it sucks ass
>>
>>101346300
It's fine for $200
>>
>>101345832
>>101345849
Luckily for me I've never cared about wireless charging. Although I've never used it so it might be a case of ignorance is bliss but who cares.
>>
>>101346529
You're fine for $200
>>
Thinking of getting the iPhone 16 pro to replace my iPhone Xr. Not sure if worth $1000
>>
File: 1597558329034.jpg (33 KB, 640x592)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Android backup apps? Need to be able to do remote & differential backups.
>>
Anyone else use multiple web browsers? I rotate between kiwi, firefox, and brave for various reasons, mostly autistic.
>>
>>101345720
wait for apple to make a foldable iphone thats actually usable and not $2000 ewaste
>>
>>101347333
i used to use fennec and firefox dev, but now i just use brave. what was your reason?
>>
>>101345646
I have OnePlus 7 Pro with Android 14 (LineageOS 21). It is still one of the actual high tech phone out there. Even the next OnePlus models are just worse versions.

I will buy foldable when it
>doesn't have dent
>doesn't have camera inside the display (not even the hidden one or in a bezel)
>large inside display is 16:9
>closed phone has size and weight of a average phone

Never understood why I would want a "large screen" that shows all the content as a smaller size with large black bars and a dent while having bigger weight and thickness with spying camera recording your face.

Almost as stupid as VR headset with multiple cameras recording your face, room and everything you do while it is on. Oculus GO is best latest tech there is available. You just open Youtube VR or a VR movie, watch it without a single camera recording you and just poweroff when done. I just want someone to create LineageOS for that now that it has root access.
>>
>>101347550
firefox is my main on pc and phone, though i use a second profile on desktop which isn't available on android, so i use kiwi as a replacement since it has extension support. i use brave so i can set it as the "default browser" app so that when i open random links from apps it will redirect there instead of the other 2 'main' browsers.
>>
I can't wait for an e ink semi dumbphone .
>>
>>101347333
I use bromite and brave
brave is shit
>>
>>101348319
why would you use a 2 year out of date browser?
>>
What's the point of wireless charging if it's only as good as QC3.0 max?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzjsdYZQ7ns
>>
>>101348585
>What's the point of wireless charging if it's only as good as QC3.0 max?
Wireless charging mostly seems kinda pointless.
I can see the benefit of having a wireless charging dock in the car for app slaves so they don't have to constantly unplug and replug their phone.
But at home with a wireless charger sitting on your desk or something i don't get it.
>>
>>101348319
Cromite Browser > bromite
>>
>>101349427
>just setting your phone down on a wireless stand is not easier than laying it flat and plugging it in
Are you mentally challenged to not see how it's not just easier?
>>
Spec reader Z Fold/Flip and Galaxy Buds videos are live
>>
>galaxy apple intelligence
>>
Finally a useful outside screen
>>
>>101350030
Aspect ratio?
>>
>>101350030
Someone needs to go tell jamal to give it back
>>
>samsung brings over the orange colour from apple watch ultra
Why tho?
>>
>updated my phone from MIUI to HyperOS
>it has battery charging feature to automatically stop at 80%
Alright, what gives? I thought this overcharging problem should have gone nowadays
>>
$250
- $75 for Buds+ trade-in
- $50 for reservation
$125 seems like a great deal. Does anyone have experience trading in with Samsung?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2pL4yIK-NQ
>>
File: 1694352049114443.png (1.51 MB, 1920x1080)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>
I want it
>>
>>101350185
>software is supposed to magically fix physical chemical properties of lithium ion reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
sweeneys juicy milkers make me want to buy samsung products
>>
>>101345826
>We
Gas yourself mutt
>>
>>101350391
It's not about that. I thought nowadays when the battery was detected full charge, the circuit would automatically cut it and the power would be full AC. Also, the software would usually slow down the charge rate when it's approaching 100%
>>
File: 1696825871001355.png (1.5 MB, 1920x1080)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>
Google pixel 3, good condition, with 1 year warranty from Allstate for $90 (includes tax/shipping).

Google pixel 6a, good condition, with 1 year warranty from Allstate for $155 (includes tax/shipping).

Are either of these phones worth it? Hoping to get at least 2 years of use out of them before upgrading, if they fail in the first year it's covered.
>>
Any reason to pass on the Razr+ 2024? 1k for a Flippy phoney doesn't seem so bad
>>
>>101345627
So what's the consensus on the Fold6? I have the Fold5, and it doesn't really look like they changed anything...
>>
>>101351025
Still don't know if it's worth the price bump from the OnePlus open desu
>>
>>101350350
>>101350631
>/g/'s favourite mackem phone """reviewer""" with another incoming same-but-different-but-same review of a new phone
>"had this for a week in my pocket/pants"
>ai joke
>iPhones a shit joke
>james corden joke
>alcoholic/your mum joke
>"yes it plays genshin impact"
>filesize joke
>3 minutes of camera showcase and """review""" with the conclusion that yes it captures everyday life and closeup of toys no problem
>2 lines about battery life
>"well there you have it my lovelies that in a taste wee nutshell was the review for the new Galaxy Z4 fold flip majig"
Kino. /g/oat reviewer.
>>
>>101351121
at least he actually uses the phones for a week. unlike Linus, mkbhd, and whatever other tech tubers there are
>>
are there any reviewer that talks shit about phones
>>
>>101351184
Yes I do appreciate it but it's funny how every phone/watch/laptop gets the same conclusion from other spec readers. There's very little unique insights from actual daily use that it seems suspect whether he actually used them or not.
>reviews laptop
>says he used it for productivity
>talks about game performance on it instead even though it's not GPU equipped for that
>reviews phones
>"same (company)OS shenanigans"
>doesn't really talk about what they are
>"it plays genshit fine on medium/high/max"
>"it might be a slower print reader but fine in my case!"
Or similar shit like that. Every single poco/pixel/mi/etc phone reviews from him have been the fucking same in the last year, he's not as good anymore.
>>
File: 1718195038488592.png (690 KB, 526x526)
690 KB
690 KB PNG
>>101351121
>>101351184
For me it's white shoes.
>>
>>101350704
I wouldn't at those prices. I just picked up a really good condition Samsung S21 FE for $250 CAD.. it can compete with my iPhone 15 pro in ways. I'd look for a deal like that.
>>
>15g lighter
>FIRST LOOK: IT'S NOTICEABLY LIGHTER
What are these people on
>>
Is /spg/ always this bad when scamsung announces a new product?
>>
File: DQLAj3kUEAAHRWf.jpg (52 KB, 500x534)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
I like the Flip phones because I'm a handlet and the small cover screen is comfy
>>
>>101347444
LMAO kys. What a waste of trips.
>>
>>101351248
I mean, phone reviews can all be distilled down to
it's a slab and runs most stuff fine
there's rarely a crappy smartphone released anymore
>>
>put zflip, buds pro and the ring + phone case and charger into cart
>1900 ā‚¬
i hate being poor
>>
>>101351613
You need literally none of those
>>
>>101351818
>need
are you retarded?
>>
>>101351818
>Need
if that was the requirement, everyone would buy the literal cheapest phone on the market
>>
>>101345663
TSD
>>
I wonder if Smasnug and Google will adopt the OnePlus hinge that leaves a smaller, less noticeable crease
>>
>>101345873
I'm still pushing my 1 III until they make another pro. It's a good phone. 1 V shouldn't have any major issues unless the missing notification LED pisses you off.
>>
should I get a Samsung S24 128gb?
I can get it for 675ā‚¬ on a deal
>>
What is /spg/'s experience with GSIs on chinkphones? I bought a Xiaomi 14 because it was on sale and holy shit the stock system is awful.
Do you think its worth voiding the warranty for a GSI or do I just return it?
>>
>>101351838
>>101351895
I'm not sorry for caring about anon's mental health
>>
Are phones with headphone jack in 2024 still a thing or are Jews pushing us to use Bluetooth and open that entry point just to listen to music?
>>
>AI AI AI
>flip 6 is no different from the flip 5
>fold 6 is finally worth... something? even though other foldables have already been worth it from like 2 years ago

Bravo, samsung
>>
>>101353179
>still a thing
Hardly.
>>
File: 1717201899414967.jpg (48 KB, 736x711)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
3rd world bros, the budget from gsmarena is way higher than what i can possible buy here in my country.
The Galaxy M34 I bought heated like hell, hated the audio coming from the below part and it had no IR blaster. Is there something cheap, with good screen and those features? I dont care if its chinese or not as long as I can find it.
>>
>>101353195
>fold 6 finally worth it
it's worth it just as much as the Fold 5
>>
>>101351121
motorola budget blowers
>>
>>101353214
Yeah I don't think any of the Z 6 series is worth anything really.
>>
>>101353262
It's not if the main topic was mostly about AI snake oil bullshit
>>
>>101353195
bigger battery and muh vapor chamber makes a difference zho
>>
>>101346036
S24
>>
i got a pixel 4a, what are the best ways to maximise battery lifespan and why should i hate this phone
>>
>>101347128
Spoiler alert: it isn't.
>>
>>101353310
>blah blah blah
Holy shit I'm almost poised to buy an overinflated fairphone 5 out of spite. Except it doesn't have a bloody headphone jack. Xperia has the jack and sd card slot but no removable battery. You can never win.
>>
>>101353371
I miss the Zenphone 9 man
>>
>>101347128
You have a shitty xr
>>
>>101350015
>Apple intelligence
So down syndrome?
>>
>>101353310
>increasing the battry by 200 mAh so they can claim it's 4000 mAh, still eaten up by using bullshit AI
>vapor chamber to support all the bullshit AI it's constantly running
>>
>OH MY HECKIN AYYY EYYYYE
Who asked for this?
>>
>>101353052
How do you still end up wrong
>>
>>101351020
Z Flip 5 and 6
>More updates
>More durable and better built

Razr+ 2024
>Faster charging
>Faster wireless charging
>AOD for cover screen
>Cover screen has more customization and can do more
>>
>>101353528
The "more updates" pro of Samsung is looking to be less and less worth it. What does Android 14 get me over 13? More AI features? We get uhh... restructured Settings buttons?
>>
>>101352545
Yes.

>>101353179
Yes.
>>
>>101346189
ordered one, can't wait
>>
File: punkt-mp02.jpg (40 KB, 570x570)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Anons, my Pixel broke again. I think I want to go smartphone-less, but I talk to some people over Signal. picrel supports Signal, but I cba to shell out 320ā‚¬ for it. An e-ink phone would probably be a nice alternative, but idk where to find those or how to put a nonspyware OS on them.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>101353653
Nigga just buy a cheap flip phone, donā€™t spend all that money on meme shit
>>
>>101353653
If you really want security, youre stuck with pixels, whatever runs Calyx, or whatever runs lineage.
"Dumb security phones" are always too expensive, and flip phones have no security at all.
Just buy a used pixel for cheap and flash something on it. If you really want it to be dumb, install some custom home screen launcher with minimal features.
>>
I WILL NEVER FUCKING OWN A FOLDING PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1717974867878784.jpg (59 KB, 720x960)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>101345627
What I want in a smartphone
>Removable battery
>Fast Processor that can handle ps2 and wii emulation
>Gorilla Glass screen that can handle years of normal wear and tear
>SD CARD STORAGE and this is non negotiable

What I get offered
>Here is a floding edition with a wonky screen
>We switched our snapdragon 800+ processors for shitty processors that have AI to make spying on youvand selling your data easier.
>We removed SD cards cause it was a security risk, and we are selling you storage space on our unsecured servers because the hacks that happen there are secure as fuck
>glorious 1080 resolution
>Removable battery? Naw, you can handle exploding batteries if you refuse to upgrade at a speed we like.
>Who needs Gorilla glass. We have FoLdAbLe ScReEnS
I hate all of you sheep who simp for stupid bullshit in your phones
>>
File: you will.gif (995 KB, 500x200)
995 KB
995 KB GIF
>>101354126
>>
File: GRUKK2fawAA5QR9.jpg (390 KB, 1436x2048)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
For anyone who lives in Japan, can you tell me how useful their NFC is?
Im moving there in 3 months and have a backup JP Xperia 5IV for when I get there, but my current phones top speaker (the earpiece when I make a call) is shot. Just died a week ago so ive gotta use Bluetooth headphones if I want to make a call.
Im on verizon, so I can't use international phones cause Verizon's banding sucks ass.
I'm gonna use my Manaca card for the trains, so I'm mostly interested in phone to phone ID transfers for stuff like Line or whoever else.
So how useful is it? What do you use it for?
>>
>>101350277
I traded buds, phones and dealt with returns, never had a problem.
>>
File: 1717714670932573.jpg (86 KB, 828x547)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>101354457
My next phones after I am finished with my samsung FE20'S (I have a spare cause I saw the SD card shit coming) will be Xperias.
The NO SD CARD bullshit is insane to me and I hate that people have willingly tolerated it.
I also want my AUX connection back. That lossless sound quality without having to charge Bluetooth devices was a great system.
>>
I love my xr and I love iOS for deciding to change their mind about ending major update support; instead going ahead and extending another year so I can enjoy the sick new overhaul update
>>
>>101354763
Great, thanks!
>>
>>101354797
you have a shitty xr
>>
>>>/wsr/1474709
What would y'all recommend as a tiny smartphone?
>>
Fuck Sony for getting rid of the notification led on the Xperias. It's just wasted space now.
>>
Where can I get a free edu email address to use on Samsung?
>>
Some of Capital One cards are offering 7% back from samsung's store. If anyone is planning on buying their new stuff.
>>
>>101353371
Xcover 5, 6 and 7.
>>
>>101353404
>AI is on 24/7 and it eats up your battery
Tell me you know nothing about AI without saying you know nothing about AI.
>>
>>101354126
No one asked. Folding phones running through your mind rent free.

You gotta admit, they do look cool.
>>
>>101354150
No one's forcing you to get one faggot. Just vote with your wallet and move on.
>>
File: 1712685682834622.png (451 KB, 958x720)
451 KB
451 KB PNG
>buy iPhone
>get best SOC
>get best OS
>werks
>>
I would rather have a double screened phone.
>>
>buy iPhone
>get last year's soc
>get a bigger hole in my screen
>get worse battery health
>>
>>101351316
I've seen them around for that price too
you can also get a S23 FE from metro by t-mobile for around $185 but you will have to shelf it for a year until you can have it unlocked unless you want to pay $75/mo for cell service
>>
>>101353653

Ok I think I've settled with not caring about sEcUrItY and will go with a Bigme Hibreak color e-ink for 230ā‚¬
>>
>>101352545
Only if it's Snapdragon
>>
motorola moto g14
motorola moto e13
motorola moto e22
motorola moto g24
motorola moto g04
Samsung Galaxy A05s
XIAOMI Redmi A3
Nokia c32
Which sub 100ā‚¬ smartphone to get? There are so many please help
>>
Did anybody else regret their purchase once they saw /spg/'s opinion?
>>
>>101355879
no but it made me buy a new phone and ditch this old xiaomi chinkshit bs
>>
I originally bought an iPhone 14 Pro Max to impress women and let normies know that I'm not poor. But iOS sucks ass. Now that I have a new gf that doesn't care about such things, I'm considering switching back to Android. But I'm locked into the ecosystem because I have an Apple watch and my ex-gf bought me Air Pods.
>>
>>101353760
Pixel? Is that the google phone? How is that secure?
>>
File: 1720645315194.jpg (167 KB, 1079x1057)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>101345627
Why, Pixelcels?
>>
>>101356045
The pixel let's you install GrapheneOS, CalyxOS, and LineageOS. All three have a focus on security. Its a google phone, which means its pretty boring, but its got a ton of custom ROM support because its a Google phone.
>>
>>101356054
Got Samsung and their dogshit foundry and cellular modem IP blocks to thank for the pixels poor battery life.
They are ditching Samsung for the pixel 10 and making their SOC on TSMC 3nm.
Hopefully they also drop the Samsung modem IP block and get that from TSMC as well.
It will be hilarious when the pixel 10 gains 5 hours of battery life over the 8.
>>
Did the flip 6 get dex?
>>
>>101350154
Because they literally copied the apple watch ultra and airpods look so why not
>>
>>101351121
You forgot his BLM kneeling
>>
File: 1720646444364.jpg (148 KB, 1079x1101)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>101356212
Good luck with 30W charger
>>
>>101356174
That sounds nice, but pixels are so expensive.
>>
>>101356034
I'm sure you'd have no problem selling the watch and phone. I have Airpod Pros that I got as a gift and I use them with my android and PC
>>
File: 1720647262398.png (169 KB, 1325x827)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
How in the fuck is the tensor g3 worse than the old node Kirin 9000s made in china chip lmao
>>
>>101356294
Im devastated that Google doesn't use a proprietary charging protocol that requires me to buy a new charger and cable.
Using an industry standard supported by all chargers made in the last 4 years is just terrible.
>>
Is this guy seething because his phone doesn't have GrapheneOS?
>>
>>101356174
Which OS is best?
>>
>>101356235
Really? kek, where
>>
does charging to 90% actually extend battery life?
>>
>>101356585
Probably also not letting it discharge below 20%
How much difference does it make over the life of a phone???
Nobody can tell you a specific number of longer lifespan in terms of charging cycles or battery capacity over time
>>
>>101356458
Is that an excuse? Don't buy a charger for a chinkphone like a retard and charge it 4x longer. Literally - 20 minutes vs 80 minutes
>>
>>101355022
You are a braindead consoomer
>>
> Pegasus is a spyware developed by the Israeli cyber-arms company NSO Group that is designed to be covertly and remotely installed on mobile phones running iOS and Android.[1] While NSO Group markets Pegasus as a product for fighting crime and terrorism, governments around the world have routinely used the spyware to surveil journalists, lawyers, political dissidents, and human rights activists.[2] The sale of Pegasus licenses to foreign governments must be approved by Israeli defense ministry.[3]

> As of March 2023, Pegasus operators were able to remotely install the spyware on iOS versions through 16.0.3 using a zero-click exploit.[4] While the capabilities of Pegasus may vary over time due to software updates, Pegasus is generally capable of reading text messages, call snooping, collecting passwords, location tracking, accessing the target device's microphone and camera, and harvesting information from apps.[5][6] The spyware is named after Pegasus, the winged horse of Greek mythology.[7]

> Cyber watchdog Citizen Lab and Lookout Security published the first public technical analyses of Pegasus in August 2016 after they captured the spyware in a failed attempt to spy on the iPhone of a human rights activist.[8][9] Subsequent investigations into Pegasus by Amnesty International, Citizen Lab, and others have garnered significant media attention, including in July 2021 with the release of the Pegasus Project investigation, which centered on a leaked list of 50,000 phone numbers reportedly selected for targeting by Pegasus customers.[10][11]
>>
How bricked is 8sG3 compared to 8G2?
>>
>>101356619
You're right :(
>>
>>101356585
Its better for the battery, thats an absolute fact
>>
>>101356625
This is why I choose iOS because it has more protections over NSO than say shartdroid
>>
>>101356585
Keep between 20 to 80.
Keep it from getting too hot.

That's literally it. Charge cycles are a meme if you keep to these two.
>>
File: 1716483323159432.jpg (236 KB, 1440x733)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>101356575
>>
What the fuck is the point of putting the shittier low-end cameras and tiny batteries on the Samsung Fold phones? I want the big screen but I don't want a shitty camera or shitty internal specs. Fucking why?
>>
>>101356670
Apple willingly gives your data to the NSA anyway so it doesn't matter
>>
>>101356458
So why don't they at least use 45w pps like Samsung?
>>
>>101356548
I like Graphene the best. It sandboxes every app so they don't talk to one another unless you let them.
It lacks a lot of good camera features you get with the stock pixel, but I don't care, I'd rather use a camera.
Graphene also let's you install anything from the play store, so you don't have to do weird tricks.
Calyx is a close second. Lineageos doesn't always play well with the play store.
>>
>>101356714
NTA but I'm Samsung user, I trust apple way more than shartdroid . I'm switching to an iPhone next month
>>
>>101356743
You have a shitty xr
>>
>>101356709
The "point" is it'd be too bulky if they didn't because they're way behind the design of the recent vivo/Huawei/honor folds
>>
I'm highly considering just buying an iPhone this year and a Samsung Fold and just upgrading them both year-after-year, going full-blown consumer and writing it off as an expense to never think about again. Name one reason I shouldn't do this.
>>
>>101356753
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>101356765
Why not? It's fairly common for people to buy an xbox and a playstation.
>>
>>101356765
You'll be wasting your time going with the fold. Get a pixel for graphene and an iPhone you get the best of both worlds phones have to offer!
>>
>>101356756
I still don't really understand given that a foldable phone more internal real estate than their Ultra line phones, and given that a fucking iPhone is able to fit even better cameras into a thinner case but ok I guess.
>>
>>101356700
I'm not even white but I find this pathetic. Mackem cunt.
>>
>>101356786
Damn I miss using custom ROMs. I have a single S22 Ultra from 2 years ago now that runs perfectly fine though, but I might just have to boot GrapheneOS onto that if it's even possible.
>>
Why is the used one so much cheaper?
>>
>still not perfectly flat when other chink foldables have mastered it
>still lie about it in the marketing animation even with the light shining through it
How do they do it? Amazing
>>
>>101356788
Look how thick they still are. Then compare to last year's honor magic v2
>>
6 days until OnePlus event
34 days until Pixel event
>>
>>101356824
Not as big of a market, and phones are like cars, where the second the box is opened, it loses a ton of value.
I mean, who buys used pixels? I mean, besides me. They aren't iPhones
>>
Anyone else find Google Pixel phones just unbearably ugly?
>>
>>101356617
I mean, PD 3.0 is already capable up to 100W so why aren't Samsung or Google using that? I'd rather have fast charging wired only than slow charging wired & wireless.
>>
>>101356824
Racism
>>
>>101356715
>So why don't they at least use 45w pps like Samsung?
Samsung quick charge, or at least the new quick charge 2 aren't compliant with the pd pps standard. They still use some proprietary voltages or wattages.
>>
>>101356724
Which is best if I don't want any apps or even a web browser? I'm trying to disconnect from social media, youtube, and this cesspit.
>>
>>101356926
Kek
>>
>>101356919
>I mean, PD 3.0 is already capable up to 100W so why aren't Samsung or Google using that?
The voltages/ wattages are not ideal for charging phones. Would generate too much heat
>>
>bought s24 ultra
>Struggles to handle 5 chrome tabs, if I try to add an image to a post, half the time chrome has to reload after I go to the file picker thus deleting my post
>Occasionally freezes when switching out and back into games like ZZZ
>Battery life feels worse than my last phone
>Occasionally my keyboard disappears and the only solution I've found is to restart
>Camera feels grainier than my last phone
Did I get trolled into buying samsung. I want to chuck this piece of shit out of my window.

Can someone suggest a premium phone that isn't a complete piece of shit?
>>
>>101357090
I have an S22 Ultra and none of these problems except possibly poor battery life, but I've been using it since 2022 so I'm not surprised. Samsung's cameras are all grainy shit though, so I don't disagree there.
>>
>>101357132
I admit the disappearing keyboard is probably some bizarre software issue and I just need to factory reset or return it for a new one. But man, this has to be the most unhappy I've ever been with a phone purchase
>>
>>101357066
20V output works fine in HyperCharge
>>
>>101357090
Sounds like you bought a fake S24U or a broken one. I have an S23U and have none of those issues, I regularly have 8+ tabs open on firefox along with a game or two in the background
>>
>>101357169
Brand new sealed from a corporate Verizon store, and my benchmarks are what they should be.
>>
>>101357217
Ok but the phone should have 12 GB of RAM and you're saying it can't handle 5 Chrome tabs. I know Chrome is notoriously bad with memory but do you know what could be causing that?
>>
>>101357167
>20V output works fine in HyperCharge
Then why do they use hypercharge and not PD eh?
>>
>>101357240
I have no idea. I've checked my ram usage several times too, never seen it over 50%.
>>
>>101357265
I don't know what to say then. Do a factory reset and then if it's still broken tell Verizon you need a replacement under warranty. My phone from the same line doesn't have that problem
>>
Prime Day....please deliver killer prices on Galaxy phones....I didn't have enough for a S24+ back during Memorial Day.
>>
>>101357217
I would say use a better browser and keyboard but you shouldn't even be having those problems regardless. Maybe trying force stopping those apps and deleting cache, there's also a phone cache partition that people also wipe when they have problems but I personally have never had to go that far with anything, for me it just werks.
>>
>>101357241
Except both the phone and the charger support PD at similar protocol so what's your point?
>>
File: back_pain.jpg (6 KB, 153x179)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Seeing all the hate boner for Exynos ITT, is it worth it to import an American S24 to EU?
I'm worried of getting gypped by ebay sellers
>>
>>101357322
Sorry i don't talk to jeets and other esl trash
>>
>>101357341
Import the 0 SKU from HongKong. It's better. It has dual SIM, and an unlocled bootloader, as well as better 5G connectivity.
>>
>>101357014
>proprietary
>only up to 45W
That's just sad coming from the brand that has bad reputation with the battery
>>
whats a better phone than the 6a that I can get under $200 and can play games without draining the battery super fast?
>>
What are some cheaper foldables that will work in NA?
>>
>>101357341
It's not as bad as people make it out to be but it's still inferior to the snapdragon 8 gen 3
>>101356452
Chart by geekerwan
>>
>>101357024
A flip phone
Why tf would you buy a smartphone and not have it be smart
>>
>>101353210
The Redmi Note phones have always worked well for me. If that's too expensive, I think they have even cheaper phones, but I've never used those.
>>
>>101357402
It's not proprietary, PPS is a standard.
>>
OK bit of a long one

I just got a second phone. My first one is an iPhone which is also used a lot for work. This one has Graphene for personal use.

I cannot get enough of Graphene, love it. But, I'm sure my friends will be mad if I leave iMessage. What do you think I should do?
>>
>>101357587
have two phones
>>
>>101357537
So I can use telegram and have a keyboard for texting.
>>
>>101357547
>Samsung quick charge 25W was proprietary introduced in 2019
>PPS was introduced to PD standard in 2017
Like, why?
>>
>>101357597
Yeah. The expense is a little hard to justify but seems necessary
>>
>>101357341
Dew it. IDK why Gooksung would screw over one market with inferior specs but the same price.
>>
>>101356294
Fast charging is an anti feature.
I have never ran into a situation where I need battery and my phone can't just be plugged in or set on a wireless charger anyway. I just toss it on the charger overnight and plug into Android auto in my car, my phone is rarely below 25% battery. I don't get why companies try to sell fast charging as some sort of feature when it literally kills your battery faster.

If I can completely charge my phone in 2 hours, that's just fine. I have never needed nor can I imagine a situation where anyone that isn't a complete airhead would need to be able to go from 0 to 100 in 20 minutes.
>>
I was a Pixel 8a so fucking bad bros...

think the price will drop after the Pixel 9 release Aug 13?

I am so sad I missed the huge Pixel sale in April
>>
>>101357848
Sorry buddy, you may have to wait until October or November. It's a good phone though. I didn't hesitate when I saw the trade-in + pre-order deal.
>>
wtf all the flip phones I see run some version of android. There are no longer any dumb phones for sale... This is so sad.
>>
>>101357847
Not everyone works in a wage cage
>>
>>101357994
Where do you work, smart guy?
>>
>>101358057
Nice try, fed
>>
>>101351121
He reviews budget phones and shows what they look like with anime girl wallpapers, which is what /g/ cares about
>>
>>101357024
None?
If you really are that hard up, then get CalyxOS, root the phone, and delete all apps through root that you don't want, like web browser or play store or whatever. You can do a lot with a rooted phone, and I don't think Graphene let's you root it(not sure) but calyx will at least.
If you want you'd dream phone, you will have to build it software wise by cutting what you don't want out. There is no prepackaged option for you.
>>
>>101357971
That or they use Kai which has google built in anyway.
>>
>>101357647
They have chamged it. For instance Note10+ supported a proprietary form of 45W chargong as well, but it's different from the implementation on S22U-S24U. It even used a bespoke charger.
>>
>>101351121
Name someone better. Hard mode: they must be white.
>MrMobile
>MKBHD
>Dave2D
>Mrwhosetheboss
>SuperSaf
>GSMArena
>MobileTechReview
>Thao
>LTT
>Tim Schofield
>XDA
>PocketNow
>HaylsWorld
>Nothing But Tech
>Flossy Carter
>>
>>101355807
All shit. Save $300 and get a Moto G Stylus 2024
>>
>>101356034
Airpods still work with Androids.
>>
>>101358437
>MKBHD
ok guys so here's the thing
anyway that's the review
peace
>>
>small form factor flagship phones will literally stop existing with the next generation of iphones and samsungs
It's unironically over. Why even live
>>
>>101358437
Ive found smaller reviewers are a lot more reliable and put out better/more in depth reviews.
The kind who review the phone because they bought it for themselves but do reviews for other things normally.
https://youtu.be/q12QD6n0ZKA like this one for the xperia 1 VI
>>
>>101350631
Almost bougth that but got the s24ultra instead.
>>
I heard HyperOS can't be debloated and it will always revert back, true?
>>
Upgrading to this cuz my old phone does not work on my network anymore. Very excited. https://www.phonearena.com/phones/ZTE-Cymbal-Z-320_id10426
>>
>>101358427
So the current 45w pps is standard? It works with 3rd party Chinese chargers for me. Apple should use it
>>
>>101358528
>bought it for themselves
This is what's missing from tech reviews
>>
>>101358467
Nah, "Small form factor" will just become 6.3
>>
Is Aurora Store private enough on grapheme? Or is it a moot point and using it as bad as Google Play
>>
>>101358655
Yes, tyhe current implementation is standard. As far as I know the Note10+ is the only Samsung phpme with a proprietary 45W charging method.
>>
>>101358626
This is worse for your privacy than a regular phone btw
>>
File: 1551912940007.jpg (50 KB, 1000x432)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>Assmung Fodlsex now officially IP48 rated
>>
>>101358437
>>101358437
J. Williams actually reviews the phones and uses them over a long period of time. He does long term reviews on 1,2, sometimes 3 year old devices all the time, as well as actually gives gripes with the software/hardware unlike these paid shills. Flossy Carter is great too; he makes sure to cover every single aspect of a device and tells you if it's worth your money. Neither are white, but they do a much better job than MrDONOTREDEEM and SuperBomb.
>>
>>101359131
that's good and all but nobody is buying 3 year old phones
>>
>>101359162
used market exists, bozo.
>>
>>101345627
5G Chads: post your mobile data speeds
>>
>>101359018
I don't care. I barely use it. I just need a phone without all the evil bullshit.
>>
File: kĆ¼nstliche_dummheit.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>101350350
>>101350631
>>
File: 1592077790286.gif (501 KB, 342x342)
501 KB
501 KB GIF
Thinking of picking up the rog phone 8 pro
Any known issues or quirks with it?
Any reason to go with something else?
$100 bucks off right now, and I'd be replacing a 6 year old samsung s9+
>>
>>101359181
>>
>>101359420
Its by Asus. Theyre doing some dumbass shit with their RMAs, so if you get it, pray you don't get anything defective or you'll be out of luck and out of a lot of money.
>>
I will not accept e-waste I do not deserve!
>>
>>101359565
Damn, I didn't hear about that at all
Just 2 seconds into looking it up and this is a lot more recent than I'd like
Back to considering other options for a year
>>
>>101359623
Yeah sorry man.
I wanted the Zenfone and I recently learned they released access to the bootloader, removed the ability to access it later on, promised to bring it back, and never did.
Asus has burned a lot of bridges.
>>
File: 48900__thumb_fb.jpg (302 KB, 2350x1175)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>>101357384
The what? What model is that
>>
>>101356898
they're not as bad as the oneplus flagships .. I decided between a pixel and a samsung-u for my second phone and I'm quite happy with my decision so far.
>>
>>101360059
iPhone 15pro is my other phone
>>
Thinking about getting a razr+ or Z Flip 6. Which one is better?
>>
>>101359742
Note there's a last character at the end of the name. For the international Ultra is 928B. For the HK version is 9280. US is 928U and so on.
>>
>>101358389
Graphene makes you relock the bootloader, which is why it's only available on pixel phones. You can still use it with root but it will bitch about it nonstop apparently.

>>101357090
Maybe the battery settings are being too aggressive? Though not sure how unloading ram constantly is supposed to help that.
>>
File: 1703170252368256.png (3.88 MB, 1920x1080)
3.88 MB
3.88 MB PNG
The squad
>>
>>101357024
Get a pixel, flash grapheneOS from the web using another phone or pc, disable apps you don't want. You can also install a minimalist launcher. I have close to that and it is by far the easiest and just werks solution. Plus google maps works without signing in. It's debloated and feels robust. You can enable the apps you need when you need them. Like the browser.
>>
Anyone have a zenfone 11U? How is it? It looks like it might be my only option given that the xperia 1 vi isn't coming to the US.
>>
>>101360852
lmao this advertising is awful
>>
>>101345627
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1wVtOVBtu4
>>
>>101357970
you drilled a hole in the ssd, right?
>>
>>101358688
That's not small form factor brainlet
>>
>>101361505
I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm kinda retarded, but even I know he was making the point that "small form factor" is getting progressively larger.
>>
>>101361570
What's the point of making that point when my original point was literally about small form factor about not existing soon?
>>
>>101360105
zflip 6 is undoubtedly better. better specs, longer support
>>
iPhones = No Freedom
>>
i have a folding phone and i want to make an app for folding phones... what do i make

will make it 100% free and open source. no ads no charge
>>
>>101362459
make a killer app with all the features
>>
>>101356824
the 6 line has a ton of issues, many people's 6's have become bricked...
https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/1du8ee7/google_has_acknowledged_the_pixel_6_6_pro_6a/
>>
>>101345627
I'm tempted to get a Z Fold5 512GB for 1070 GBP. Never had a folding phone.
>>
The Samsung website doesn't detect that I have the ATT NextUp early upgrade bullshit and is asking me to pay off the full $900 balance on my 4 first.

The ATT website of course does show rhat I can NextUp and trade the 4 in early, but it doesn't offer $1000 off the price of the new one, just $400 instead.

fml
>>
>>101362947
idk, the thiccness in pocket is what stops me
>>
>>101345627
What is the best smartphone for < 150 euro? I don't really care about camera, so raw performance is my priority. Also I wanna flash a custom ROM.

Now I wanna buy google pixel 4 xl. Is it a good option?
>>
>>101358437
>MrMobile
>GSMarena
>Reviews by Ella
All the best.
>>
>>101356625
>>101356670
>Pegasus was used to hack Jeff Bezo's iPhone
>"Which is why I use iPhone!"
Retard.
>>
Xperia 1 V or S23 Ultra if they are the same price? Coming from an iPhone
>>
>>101364983
Do you like tall, narrow screens?
>>
File: 1701130391938178.png (2.35 MB, 1277x2103)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB PNG
its happening
>>
We need new thread soon
>>
>>101365122
I don't mind the 21:9 at all. More concerned about cameras, battery life, thermals, build quality, screen etc. And I'll probably root the Sony since I hate the stock Android look
>>
is $200 cad for a used pixel 6 a decent deal? it has 2 more years of support
>>
>>101365309
Everyone on plebbit keeps bitching about software updates and how there won't be any.

I'm on the fence whether I consider that a downside.
>>
>>101365309
There was previous model
>>
>>101358817
What do you mean by private? Read the Aurora FAQ and come back.

>>101357024
Graphene. It's as minimal as it can get.

>>101356724
>It sandboxes every app so they don't talk to one another unless you let them.

It doesn't lol

>>101356724
>It lacks a lot of good camera features you get with the stock pixel, but I don't care, I'd rather use a camera.

It has Pixel Services preinstalled since 2022. You can install Pixel Camera and it'll work just fine without the network permissions.

>>101356724
>Calyx is a close second

DivestOS is a close second, but the dev recommends people to install Graphene if they can.

>>101358389
>If you really are that hard up, then get CalyxOS, root the phone, and delete all apps through root that you don't want, like web browser or play store or whatever. You can do a lot with a rooted phone, and I don't think Graphene let's you root it(not sure) but calyx will at least.

Worst take possible
>>
>>101365392
no its not
>>101365377
who cares about updates when you can change your $200 phone 2 years later
>>
>>101365363
Well, it's not made to last (like 99% of smurtfones), but if you like 'jacks and 'slots, then go ahead.
>>
>>101365417
Truthfully I've never needed an SD card and I have that Apple USB dongle for the headphones jack, so I kind of just want someone to tell me which phone is better overall.
I'll never use the stylus on the Ultra. I'll never use the 4K on the Sony.
>>
>>101365372
>is $200 cad for a used pixel 6 a decent deal? it has 2 more years of support

No. 2 years is very little. Amazon will offer a good deal for P8 once the p9 gets released, go get it.
>>
How does stock android compare to oneui? Are they very different and will I encounter compatability issues or annoying roadblocks like I would with miui? Potentially looking at getting a Pixel 9 when it comes out, but if it isn't much better than S24 ultra I might just pick that one up instead since it seems to just be better overall.
>>
>>101365446
Samshit is better overall
>>
>>101365377
I'm sorry your opinions depend on reddit. Try thinking rationally next time.
>>
>>101364889
>>Reviews by Ella
I wish she would review more than Samsung and Apple
>>
>>101365448
olay, thanks consultant anon
>>
>>101365485
Rate the thread 5 retards thank you sar
>>
>>101365468
Cheers decided to get the Sony
>>
>>101365521
>and another one bites the dust
I'm glad social engineering works on your retards
>>
>>101355807
a05s
>>
>>101365528
>and another one bites the dust
What did you mean by this?
>on your retards
>>
>>101365627
You fell for the snoymeme congrats
>>
>>101365632
>snoy
>samshit
Can you transfer me to someone who isn't a retard in India?
>>
>>101365649
I present to you jewgle pooxel SAAAAAR
>>
>>101365632
The Sony is just better if you aren't using the pen.
>10 bit screen
>natural looking photography
Everything else is pretty much the same, unless you care about some obscure OneUI stuff like Dex or Secure Folder
>>
>>101365363
>cameras, battery life, thermals, build quality, screen etc
Everything but the screen is better on the S23U. Even then, the screen is not even LTPO which contributes to the worse battery life compared to the Ultra
>>
>>101365706
>no ltpo
Inferior hardware
>>
>>101365666
>GrapheneOS
>best camera
>no bloat or ads
>no proprietary or ecosystem manipulation
Feels so good bros
>>
>>101365789
I'll get the S23U. Do you know if there's an app that can fix Samsung's oversaturated and oversharpened photos? Expert Raw/ Lightroom?
>>
>>101365808
Hardware malware
>>
>>101365836
Yeah I'm pretty sure shooting in Expert Raw or Pro mode removes or at least lessens the over saturated look. Somewhat related but you'll also want to go into settings and change the display mode from 'Vivid' to 'Normal', its on vivid by default which is that blown up samsung oversaturated look.
>>
>>101365413
This is a good point, I am holding out for a pixel 10 pro non XL but I am really interested in the Jelly and will probably end up liking it a lot.
>>101365470
Not so much depend on but you can see people bitching about something so there is obviously some sort of record they have that caused this thinking.

I personally fucking hate update culture which is why I said I'm not sure I consider lack of updates a downside. I mean yeah feature updates are nice to get and security updates can be important but I also almost never connect my phone to wifi except my home network and I don't do much besides browse a small handful of websites that are trusted so not sure what exactly the vulnerability patches I would be benefitting from would actually be.
>>
>>101365458
Basically the same if you don't install modification apps on good lock.
>>
>>101366053
You are mentally ill
>>
New
>>101366281
>>
>>101356765
Don't get the iPhone. There's nothing you can do on an iPhone that you can't do on an Android. Tons of things you can do on a foldable, let alone Android that you can't do on an iPhone.

You'll learn that soon enough though.
>>
>>101356054
I don't waste my whole life playing genshit so it doesn't matter much

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.