[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Cruelty.jpg (104 KB, 1080x1079)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference.

>Interviewing
Neetcode 150: https://neetcode.io/practice
Tips and interview practice: https://blog.interviewing.io/

>How to write a resume
https://stackoverflow.blog/2020/11/25/how-to-write-an-effective-developer-resume-advice-from-a-hiring-manager/

>Salary Stuff
"What's your expected salary?": https://www.fearlesssalarynegotiation.com/salary-expectations-interview-question/
Negotiation advice: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/how-not-to-bomb-your-offer-negotiation-c46bb9bc7dea/
Salary data: https://levels.fyi/

Don't disclose your current salary to recruiters.

>Layoffs
https://layoffs.fyi/

Previous: >>101843235
>>
>>101859679
first for its fucking over
>>
>>101859697
Checked
Kill me
>>
>>101859679
why pray for serenity?

pray for WRATH! Ecclesiastes 63:5
>>
>>101859679
The reason God only gave you an 80k job is because if you make 150k in this period of your life you will blow it all on hookers and gambling
>>
>>101859095
Just gotta ride it out, anon. I get so nervous before interviews that I need to use Ambien to fall asleep the couple nights before and Imodium the day-of to not feel like I'm going to shit my pants during the interviews. Shit sucks, but it is what it is.
>>
>>101859626
If you're asking this question, maybe you're not ready for the CTO position. Normally, you would have a good idea of how things work before you're promoted.
>>
File: 1632935079242.jpg (50 KB, 419x491)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>stress out for weeks trying to deliver in time
>each day more and more clear it's not gonna happen
>few days left, nope, it's over
>finally tell my boss "i wanted to deliver in time but i couldn't"
>boss: "okay"
>boss: starts talking about his weekend and asking about mine
>>
>>101859858
I'm sure he realized in advance. That's the value of frequently re-aligning on dates: people with dependencies on you can update their expectations and own timelines.
>>
>>101859743
I make $50k a month and today I was too sad about not having friends to work so I just listened to 14 hours of ASOIAF lore and jerked off all day
Also no gods are real
>>
>>101859858
learning that 99% of deadlines are made up and only exist to motivate work (and therefore always flexible) is a valuable lesson
really helps with the stress and to laugh at the people who pull 12 hour days for weeks on end
>>
>>101859917
Brag. I haven't been able to jerk off for a month for medical reasons and it's been terrible for my mental health
>>
>>101859713
me too. but lets have one last glorious adventure before we die
>>
>>101859679
>neetcode faggot does it AGAIN
kys
>>
I straight up lied at work because for some reason they are now making us count literally every minute of our day (micromanaging). Because of that lie the company decided to buy a new 1500 pc as well as give me 3 days of padding to do nothing. Good job idiots. (I really dislike having to count literally every second.
>>
>>101859858
have u never had a deadline before in ur life?

>>101860114
nigger, I am the original neetcode faggot. OP is another sane person who appreciates the clarity and teaching ability of neetcode and therefore he recommends it as well. judge by skill instead of skin color u retardr
>>
>>101860040
RIP
Hope it gets better
>>
>>101860141
can you tell us what was the lie? don't doxx yourself by giving us too many details though. did you tell them your pc died or something
>>
>>101859743
Dude if I made 150k a year I would live with very few expenses. Like there's nothing I even want expect to eat out every once in a while with my girl. I'd stuff all that in investments and make even more and we just chilling.
>>
File: ay man what the fuck.jpg (93 KB, 434x464)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>101860143
i've never missed a deadline before
i was expecting something more spectacular
maybe i should miss deadlines more often
>>
>>101860167
Thanks, anon. Soon enough I will be healed to full form.
>>
File: 1710818838698208.gif (832 KB, 640x480)
832 KB
832 KB GIF
>6 recruiters have looked at your profile
For the love of god, fucking message me! I NEED A JOB! GIVE ME A JOB!
>>
File: 4q8ruj1r2gx61.jpg (59 KB, 750x755)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Anons, I need help. I've been doing all the tax advantage accounts and loopholes I possibly could since I started working as an engineer at 22 (31 now).
I've maxed by 401(k), HSA, and backdoor Roth IRA every year. I'm now sitting on close to a million bucks... that I basically cannot touch.
What was the point of saving so aggressively all this time? Am I retarded? Are there any ways that I can dip into my tax advantaged money before I'm a fossil?

>tl;dr did all the meme Boglehead tax advantaged account stuff for a decade, now a paper millionaire but only like ~$40k liquid to my name, would like to tap into tax-happy money without getting shafted
>>
>>101860397
It would be hard to call it retarded when some people don't save at all. I mean, we all joke about how we're going to be dead by 40 but statistically you'll live to see that money and you'll be glad it's there.
There's no great way for you to touch that money currently (that is to say, without just biting the bullet on taxes). Pay an actual tax consultant if you're thinking of trying anything wacky. I'd say just take it easy with the retirement accounts, keep a comfortable amount in cash, and invest the rest in more-liquid forms
>>
File: 7983478952347.gif (1.49 MB, 320x180)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB GIF
>>101860397
Let's see here.....

>Maxed out 401(k)
Yeah, that's a problem. You're not really suppose to do that unless you can benefit greatly from your employer match. Anything over the match is kinda tying your money up immediately.

>Maxed out HSA
Good one. Won't be able to touch it until you're 65. You can get around that by saving up all your medical expense receipts and you won't pay any taxes or penalties when you reimburse yourself. No idea if the feds plan to close that loophole though.

>backdoor Roth IRA
Smart. Now your money is safe from Uncle Sam's grubby little hands. Still not able to withdraw anything until you're 59.5. There is a way around this and that's withdrawing your original contribution amounts. That won't really help much if you were to retire now.

Honestly, if you're okay with paying a 10% penalty for every early withdrawal on your Roth IRA then that would be your best course of action. Wouldn't recommend right now since you don't really have enough to not worry about anything but that's my opinion.
>>
does st johns wort actually help?
>>
>>101860544
>Yeah, that's a problem. You're not really suppose to do that unless you can benefit greatly from your employer match. Anything over the match is kinda tying your money up immediately.
My employer matches 14% of my base salary (8% based on my contributions and a gratuitous 6% that requires nothing on my part), so it'd be pants-on-head retarded for me to not be taking full advantage of this. It's been an extra ~$30k/year into my 401(k) past me maxing it myself.

>Honestly, if you're okay with paying a 10% penalty for every early withdrawal on your Roth IRA then that would be your best course of action. Wouldn't recommend right now since you don't really have enough to not worry about anything but that's my opinion.

Honestly I am considering just face-tanking the earth withdrawal penalties. Would I be retarded for this? Tbh I saved so aggressively for so long because I wanted to buy fun things, not siphon off a little as possible as slowly as possible so I can stay in a lower tax bracket or whatever the fuck.

This is the thing that perplexes me majorly about the FIRE people -- you've got millions in accounts in your 30s and you can't touch it, and you're just, idk, okay with that? And even when you're 59.5 you still can't just yoink it all out and spend it, you're meant to take small chunks little by little, and what, die with multiple millions in the bank?
>>
>>101860389
Why don't you message them?
>>
>>101860559
With depression? I didn't notice a difference, but I also didn't take it on a regular basis. It's not expensive, just try it yourself.
>>
File: 1698043731173851.gif (1.36 MB, 498x277)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB GIF
>>101860634
they're all hidden views, I can't reach out to them even if I wanted to
>>
>>101860658
Do the "try LinkedIn premium for free for a month" thing and then cancel it. It'll let you retroactively see who viewed your profile.
Added benefit is after canceling the free month, they occasionally send you deals for 50% to "bring you back".
>>
>>101860151
Elixir in b2b finance
>>
>>101860619
Thats the way I see it. Also, it's kinda a scam personally. It keeps young people from building businesses. So at 60 years old, you'll likely be giving it to family or back to the health system. Im about to take all mines out too so I can pay it toward my business which is a far more beneficial use of the money I had from my last company's 401K.
>>
>>101860668
That's the thing anon, I already have it and these recruiters fully anonymized themselves from being seen at the cost of them not being able to check who seen them - while they're still in full anon mode.
>>
>>101860619
>This is the thing that perplexes me majorly about the FIRE people
Not everyone goes as hard on retirement accounts like you do. I have about 500k in my retirement accounts and 1.5m in my other investments. I can do whatever I want with that 75% at any time (well, money doesn't move instantly and I'll get taxed on gains, but you get the idea). IMO you should view your situation as having "finished" your retirement accounts and now you can do whatever you want with your ongoing income until you reach retirement. Taking that money back out of those accounts seems counter-productive unless you have an absolute dire need of more than 40k
>>
File: grubba.png (1.05 MB, 915x799)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
What is the meaning of HTTP response code 200?
>>
Have you ever been miserable at a job but then realized it was the environment and the people and not the job itself?
>>
>>101860787
it means success
>>
>>101860787
http.cat/200 ( https://http.cat/200 )
you're welcome
>>
>>101860693
I heard somebody mention Elixir here before, but never heard anybody else talk about it otherwise. You promise me it isn't a meme? I won't regret learning it and trying to get my first job with it? Pinky swear? I'm confident I can learn anything.
>>
File: 1719158776551.jpg (639 KB, 1131x638)
639 KB
639 KB JPG
How do I get one of those adult daycare dev jobs where half of the job is stuff like building a bridge out of marshmallows and toothpicks, or throwing a beach ball around and saying facts about yourself while the Scrumm master plays acoustic guitar and everyone sings the theme song to Bear and the Big Blue House?
>>
>>101860658
Cute Taiga
>>
>>101860813
Are you Indian?
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (113 KB, 900x900)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
need some interview tips? what are some REALLY good questions to ask at the end of the interview to scope out the work environment + turnover rate?

Starting to get tired of getting hired only for people to jump ship because of RTO or Money reasons and I'm left with no documentation to my name to figure shit out.
>>
File: 1723463264943984.webm (172 KB, 586x818)
172 KB
172 KB WEBM
Is being a PL/SQL oracle database developer good experience / an a skill that will be valuable?

currently working as one entry level, not getting paid much, but learning a lot. Feel uncertain if the specialization will make me valuable in the future or if I'm wasting my time by not working and getting experience with a popular OOP langauge like Java or C#
>>
>>101860766
when the economy and the dollar tanks, everyone's retirement accounts will go bust. cant wait to see that disaster
>>
>>101860835
I picked up Elixir over nights and weekends while working in retail to migrate a local startup from PHP and jQuery. They built and hosted websites as a service but wanted to expand into offering more services around data aggregation in their industry. So I looked around for a stack that would let me, solo style, do every part of it myself, driving frontend from the backend while scaling nicely and remaining performant. Elixir on BEAM fit the bill, so after doing my research, I learned it.

And it fucking worked, and it worked good, and I talked those miserly boomer faggots into a bunch of projects that got me up to ~just below the poverty line combined with my day job in retail while I built the shit out of my resume, filling it up with these projects.

That resume, and everything I learned, is how I got my first real job. Now I do backend only and the pay is enough that I can force myself to ignore how hard the frontend faggots are fucking everything up. I could replicate our product singlehandedly with liveview in like, a month, tops. But whatever.

So, yeah, I think it's fucking amazing for actually producing results. Apple just opened a senior backend position the other day that pays more than what I make now. So iit's definitely current and growing. The Stackoverflow survey shows it growing every year.

just my experience obviously
>>
>>101860915
And you had a degree from a top uni
>>
>>101860902
Just don't devote too much of the Oracle platform specific stuff to memory. Companies are ditching Oracle if given the option. Hell even the federal govt wants to ditch them. SQL is very useful as a dev and an analyst and most of what you use in 1 database can be ported to another.
>>
>>101860928
I'm a dropout, actually
>>
>>101860902
Don't get stuck on exact technologies. SQL in general is good to understand, and if you actually understand the data processing happening underneath then even better. That is to say, don't become one of those retards who writes queries with a bunch of unnecessary joins and distinct aggs and regex functions and wonder why it's so slow.
>>
can someone post the meme of the guy standing by the stove going "I got the degree, I got the job, feeling empty"
>>
the greatest thing I learned onto the job is to withhold information. never be 100% honest and never give a definite answer if you can. nothing is your fault but you're willing to help fix "other" people's messes.
>>
>>101860915
I see! I'm still in the beginner stage so I'm trying to parse everything you're saying exactly. You're saying that for entirely self contained projects that you're doing yourself, the other programming languages weren't working for you, so you tried Elixir. By BEAM do you mean 'Apache BEAM'? That's all I could find.

Can I ask how much prior experience you had? Are there prerequisites to learning the language that you would recommend?
>>
>>101860945
>>101860932
is there anything specific I should learn on the side while I'm employed working with SQL and data so closely to be markable in like a year? I'm also getting experience with like ERP systems, ticketing systems, scheduling software, etc
>>
>>101860949
careerists sell their soul just to put one foot in front of the other for decades. they can go out at night and on weekends, they can do projects at home and work out and meet people and be with family, they can do anything with food water and shelter secured but they sold their soul
>>
>>101860997
>Elixir is a functional, concurrent, high-level general-purpose programming language that runs on the BEAM virtual machine
Work no your googling, anon
>>
>>101861010
I think you should figure out what kind of role you're aiming for. Someone who wants to invest a bunch of time into C# or Java probably isn't also investing time into ERP or ticket systems
>>
>>101860997
Elixir is a language built on the BEAM virtual machine, which was originally made by the people who made Erlang. Erlang is an older language that was designed to solve the problem of vast, concurrent, systems, that absolutely needed to be reliable and self-healing – it was made for telephone providers. It's time-proven, industrial-grade stuff underneath. Elixir just gives it a nice, Ruby-like syntax, and a very active ecosystem.

Phoenix is an Elixir webserver.

LiveView is a library for Phoenix that lets you define interactive components serverside, with a simple templating engine and message-passing. It always ships the smallest possible payload to the client and typically outcompetes by-hand optimized SPAs.

I could not have iterated as rapidly as I did, context-switching as rapidly as I did, without the incredible breadth and depth of excellence available in the BEAM ecosystem. Killer shit for solopreneurs and single dev operations.

It's also weapons grade shit for scalability which is why more big companies are picking it up for their backends.

Protip: use Ash Framework. Zach is a godsend, and domain driven design eliminates all the finicky bullshit around modifying schemas over time as the codebase grows

**Aside: I also took a small detour through Haskell and enjoyed that philosophically, although it feels a bit too autistic and fiddly to get anything real done, for me. Too many incantations to please the compiler and pretend you aren't actually causing changes in the world**
>>
Companies should invest in dialect coaches for H1B's
>>
From where I come from , "networking" is often seen as nepotism, people aren't particularly proud of getting a job just because you know someone. Not to mention cold messaging employees on LinkedIn is like worming your way in to the company. But here and North America generally, networking seems to be heavily encouraged.

I know someone who spent more time networking than studying landed an SWE internship at a big bank, who struggles on basic programming concepts like when to use return statements. Is that how it works here, hire someone you know instead of someone with the skills??
>>
>>101860397
How much weed is bro buying or how much is bro earning? 60 dollars of weed lasts me more than a month and gets me high as fuck.
>>
>>101861933
s/dialect coaches/hydraulic presses
>>
>>101860397
>>101860544
You can buy all kinds of shit with the HSA, now. Pretty much everything I eat is eligible. Preventative medicine is becoming accepted with pencil-whip mills popping up everywhere online. It's even built into Amazon.
>>
>>101860397
yeah just pay the taxes and withdraw it retard.
>>
>>101860897
>how many people have left in the past year
The literal answer doesn’t necessarily matter. If there’s a problem their body language will often be all fucked immediately when you ask.
>>
>>101861933
I was going through training as a new grad in this stupid thing once, and at one point a FOB asked the American instructor how to deal with people not understanding his (thick) accent. No idea why he thought Chaz from Michigan was the right person to ask, but the guy just basically gave generic advice on reducing an accent, e.g. using/watching English at home, reading out loud, recording and playing it back.
Then as soon as it ended all the immigrant coworkers started seething about how “racist” it was. Apparently wanting people to speak coherent English, and giving them advice on how to do so if they ask, is racist.
>>
>>101862250
These days 'native english speaker' is such a good thing to put on your resume. My name sounds ethnic even though I'm white and American, so I get worried that even though I put that people might think I'm an ESL
>>
>>101861940
The issue is that most roles don't actually need THAT good of an eng. For that kind of role most people will take someone they know who isn't a bitch even if they could get someone technically better. I've been supportive of multiple hires in my time who seemed great but quickly devolved into the "do effectively nothing until they fire me" variety. If we know each other personally you're less likely to pull that shit on me. But I wouldn't go so far as to hire a complete retard, even if they were my brother or best friend
>>
File: 1116607426.jpg (1.03 MB, 1000x1500)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
anyone paying for Copilot out of pocket to use it at work?
>>
Wait a minute I hate tech
>>
>>101862617
I pay out of pocket for Claude. But I also use it for much more than work.
>>
>>101862663
is it better than goyhub jeetpilot for code?
>>
>>101862674
In my experience, Claude Sonnet 3.5 is. It still hallucinates from time to time, like all LLMs do, but at a lower rate than GPT-4 (Which I'm pretty sure is what Github is using). Also it interprets requests nicer, a lot of times GPT starts going on irrelevant tangents or just completely ignoring what I've said, but Claude stays focused.
>>
>get engineering degree
>somehow stumble myself into a Java dev job
>8 months later and I have no idea what I’m going in a broad context because all my tickers are too specific for me to get the full picture of how full stack development works
All I know is the most basic fundamentals of the language (variables, loops, collections, objects, etc), some Swing, a bit of sql, and a little bit of MVC architecture. Basically what you learn in your first year of comp sci. I struggle with Leetcode easies and spend most of my time staring into space in the office. Are there any Java specific full stack courses I can take or something? Everything I find either teaches language features like lambdas and stuff but nothing about actually working with an app, beans, models, etc
>>
>>101862617
Anon, I've been researching this stupid AI shit for the past couple of months for work purposes. copilot is NOT good. anything pajeetsoft should be avoided.
>>
>>101862838
Don't bother with courses and shit. The vast majority of teaching content is aimed at absolute beginners and, to be frank, even as you are now you're more qualified than pretty much anyone making that kind of content anyway. Just pick something you find cool and try to build it yourself. You pretty much won't go more than 10 minutes at a time without bumping into something you realize you don't actually know (e.g. how do I create a repo, how do I set up a build system, how do I set up these package managers, what about CI, what testing frameworks, how do I need to structure this code base, what are the existing libs in this space and how can I tell if one is worth using, why do people pick the design patterns they do as codebases get more complex, do I agree with those or in hindsight do I think they actually suck, do I feel like this language and ecosystem are even a good fit for how I like to express my ideas, etc.)
>>
>The world is cruel. Therefore I won't be
I should say this more often.
>>
>>101862838
this is why I recommend everybody build some full-stack thing with real users, even if it's just your friends, so you know how to run something from top to bottom and know where you fit in as a backend guy or frontend guy or whatever. get the big picture

just make something, anon, it'll be fun! you can even share it here if you want, and we can all fuck around and blow it up and you'll see what to do about that with no real stakes involved. it's a good way to become more confident fast
>>
>>101863009
>even if it's just your friends
>share it here and we can all fuck around
s-so you're my friends?
>>
>>101859697
its beyond ogre
>>
File: 1704423837113084.gif (126 KB, 321x400)
126 KB
126 KB GIF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw21eJHGdpY&list=PL32130004826569B5
>>
>>101862838
how are you still working and not get shitcanned? capitalize on that skill instead of beep boop ding dong hello world
>>
File: 1721851174278212 (1).jpg (20 KB, 321x369)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
I can't ditch the sysadmin cocksucking job...
Always wanted to be a programmer, but there's simply no time or motivation to learn anything after another 10 hour day at the cocksuck factory. I don't even get to write bash scripts anymore, just emails arguing with retard niggers all day.
Has anyone managed to escape from shitadmin?
pic related is me
>>
Information technology was a mistake.
Increasing the accessibility of the worlds knowledge and distributing it to everyone on the planet reduced the value of it to near zero.
We are all over educated and over informed. We could have all just picked what we were good at or interested in, but now we are flooded with salary data, optimizing our time in a race against each other.
We didn't even have to race, we just found out that some people were running and started feeling left behind.

Why won't these recruiters get back to me, I just want to work damnit
>>
Let's say I know fuck all about SQL, Python, R, AWS, etc. but I want to become a Data Analyst or similar role.
How long would it take to get an entry level job if I decided to become proficient in these skills and earning professional certificates?
Note: I have an entire year to fuck around. Having a full time job is not important. I can devote 40+ hours a week to learning. I already have a bachelor's degree and good work history. If need be, I could create my own LLC or do freelance AI evaluation stuff, so I can take a "gap year" to upskill without my resume looking like shit.
>>
i get $100 a month from writing contests. nice amount of money for a third worlder like me while looking for a job.
>>
>>101861147
Seconding this as a solo dev writing internal tools for insurance companies. If you want to bang out a usable and stable webapp quickly without touching JavaScript, Phoenix+liveview is second to none.
>>
Just got my first ever interview. It's over the phone to "discuss my application" what should I expect? It's not a big company.
>>
>>101863542
If you have good work ethic that's more than enough time. You're going to need more time applying than actually learning, so start applying before you really feel ready
>>
>>101863900
I'm gonna start applying every Wednesday after 2 months of learning
>>
>>101863542
n=1
i did a data science internship this summer and it was a lot of python and scikit.
and even then, the actual coding was not very complex. you have this data, feed it into the algorithm. people smarter than me have done the legwork. i'm just connecting the pipes together.
>>
>>101863900
>>101863950
Thanks anons
Once I get some SQL and Python certs and know my way around relational databases, I'll start applying for jobs like a Labor Management Systems Analyst.
>>
>>101863945
If you keep to your plan then you'll be fine. I think you'll be fine even with a moderate amount of fucking around. A year's a long time.
>>
>>101863815
An offer. Most companies will not waste time after an interview calling you if they aren't interested in you. Most barely fucking send an email saying no.
>>
>>101860092
>>101860775
It's a stupid question in the context of an interview, you're going to get stupid answers and it sets the bar so low getting the correct answer does not indicate a good candidate.
>>
>>101860956
>Major issue pops up
>Git blame shows it is your code, and you know you fucked up
>Band-aid fix the issue and blame the dev that's on vacation
>"Great work anon"
>>
>>101860956
I would like to add that when you have information that is favorable or beneficial, put it on full blast. When I work with smaller companies, I always write detailed patch notes and mention every single thing I have done, and post it to the global group chat. Many higher up business people really like that since it gives them an illusion of knowing what is going on.
>>
File: 1566769762636.jpg (127 KB, 506x497)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
how do I stop caring about how incompetent my coworkers are?
>>
>>101864630
You don't. Getting mad about shit is part of life.
>>
>>101864659
time to take drugs then I guess
>>
>>101864685
Good idea. That's part of life too now that I think about it.
>>
File: 1510437164787.jpg (58 KB, 498x634)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>101859743
>80k job is because if you make 150k
quite literally happened just last December.

Makes no difference I am just recovering my savings since I burned alot of money on bullshit and I wanted to spend money at 80k. Now that i make 150k I just stack cash, pay bills and invest so not much different.
>>
File: yup.jpg (46 KB, 736x736)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>101857740
Welp turns out I was right, thanks to all the anons who wished me the best, gotta keep grinding applications guys.
>>
>>101865409
That shit's the fucking worst. Just reject me over email, you cunts. Setting up a call to reject someone can only make their experience worse.
>>
File: all stress.jpg (80 KB, 828x646)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
That's it. I'm just gonna apply to 10 jobs each month from this point. I want to let myself chill, study on my own pace, fix my sleep schedule, and do morning walks. I want to allow myself to play games on my backlogs every weekend.

I'll go back to panic mode once after my graduation in November, but I won't send out more than 20 applications each month. God be with me.
>>
File: ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.png (661 KB, 848x900)
661 KB
661 KB PNG
>get told at 9am that C-Level team will be in a different location today
>ok idc, too far above my grade to give a shit
>go to the gym at lunchtime, my one respite from ghey tech job
>teams channel starts exploding, asking why no one from our branch is on-site for this dork hobnobbing event
>end up ditching the gym and racing to site because of how retarded managers are being in Teams

Maybe I'm just jaded or burned out but I literally do not care about the presence of people who would fire 300 of us over Zoom and forget it happened in an hour.
>>
Is working part time uncommon in the tech field? I just want to work 20-25 hours a week.
>>
>>101865992
Good luck very few places or jobs aside from helpdesk even offer part time and if its part time you are working the shitty hours.
>>
File: tech tip.jpg (35 KB, 720x720)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Gonna move to the states in half a year.

How hard is it to get a web dev job with ~8 years of experience right now?
>>
>>101860787
it means all good
>>
They described it as a phone interview but then they invited me to a Google meet. Should I just call into it or are they expecting me to put clothes on and join the meet video call?
>>
>>101863568
I started learning phoenix liveview recently and I got a question.
Is there are way render markdown using phoenix liveview? I assume I'll have to use a frontend framework like svelte or vue or the elm lang to get the job done. Is there any other way straight forward way? I want to create a forum web app where users can write their posts in markdown format and those posts will be displayed as mardown.
>>
I've been tasked with hiring contractors for my team, upper management refuses to let us look for candidates outside of India, and every single one I've interviewed fucking SUCKS

I'm so tired bros, I don't want to hire more SAAAARS
>>
>get hired to fix wagies' work PC
>Trend Micro antivirus decided to rape your OS disk with log.tmp file
it could fixed by just use Windows Defender
>>
>>101863542
roadmap.sh
Enjoy
>>
File: 1723533516015993.png (384 KB, 564x564)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>>101866586
not enough experience hope you like waiting tables at Texas Roadhouse for the next 3 years.
>>
>Do 1 hour leetcode assessment
>Congratz anon you are now proceeding to screening
That's just vile.
>>
>>101867085
This is wonderful anon
Thank you
>>
Does it pay to be honest in interviews? I don't mean blatantly lying about your educational history or career experience but maybe with your knowledge level and your personality and stuff like that. I try to be honest but it's like they want to push me to just say I'm that good and yes I'm 100% a leader
>>
>>101867085
>sh
formerly chuck
>>
>>101867388
Everyone is lying, you're just cheating yourself at this point
>>
>>101867388
Depends, are you stretching the truth? Fluffing? or blatantly lying?
>>
>>101867215
Wouldn't mind working there surrounded by staceys
Last time I went to that place the jeans they were wearing looked like they'd been painted on
>>
>Interviewer asks how I am
>Say I'm feeling a bit sad because I don't have a job
>They cut the interview early
>>
File: 1721847829160391.jpg (1.25 MB, 1125x1198)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>101867714
>>
>>101867714
Bro... why would you show any signs of weakness... Do you think they actually care?
>>
>>101867388
>Does it pay to be honest in interviews?
No, at least you should be exaggerating what you have done, or if you straight up lie just get enough knowledge on the subject to pass the interview.

>>101867714
ngl, your mistake, to them you are nothing but a piece of meat needed to fill and empty seat.
>>
I have been hired as a programmer analyst with a salary of $77k. Now, my employer wants me to take on the role of an architect for a new project we are launching. I am capable of doing it, and I know that if they decide to allocate the budget they have planned for this role, it would be around $145k, which is within my skills and experience.
How should I approach the topic with my supervisor to discuss either a salary increase or a bonus, considering that we are in the public sector?
>>
>>101867825
Nta, but why ask if they don't care?
>>
>>101859713
checked what, newfaggot
>>
>>101868055
It's a greeting?
>>
>>101868090
>A question is a greeting
americans are so weird
>>
>>101866742
they expect the camera
>>
>>101866745
>search for "elixir/erlang markdown"
>mix install
>give converter function the user post
>give output to phoenix's "just trust me bro this is safe html" sigil
>>
>get a series of tasks
>Complete then effectively
>Even make a framework to help others complete their things effectively
>Fast forward a few days
>Others are having trouble with their tasks going through my framework
>Start feeling incompetent
>Spend a few days trying to figure out what the issue is to unstuck them because I feel responsible
>Turns out my code was perfect and they just messed up obvious details on their implementation
>Repeat this like 3 times in the last week
Fuck these people. I should go back to my junior day mindset of "everything I release is near perfect and if it's broken it's because YOU fucked up, not me". Would save me tons of headache.
>>
>>101865992
Just get a remote / hybrid job. Use your time at home just fucking around
>>
>>101868144
I literally didn't shower for the past 3 days, my beard is massive and my hair looks like a cow licked it, fucking assholes.
>>
Fresh grad here. Is being a handsome boyo an advantage?
>>
>>101868334
Can you refer me to your company? I will do a good job sir.
>>
Job posting asks for experience in Java, .NET, React, C++. I got the interview for next week, what are they actually expecting?
>>
>>101868461
One of those languages, at best.
Or a unicorn enthusiastic youngster looking to maintain fifteen years of technical debt.
>>
>>101868334
That's how you get sloppy. You will have to check shit just enough to gain real confidence in your work to be able to pass the blame that easily. In time it will become second nature.
>>
What playlist do you guys work while you're coding?
>>
Hey there, I was just wondering if anyone had insight as to whether joining the the tech field would be a viable career choice.

I am:

White male

About to finish 4 year BAH in Political Studies

Have worked the last 3 years part-time in security, but have not worked closely with police. Usually kicking homeless people out of properties.

No relevant volunteer work

Only speak English, limited German.

Vice-President of extracurricular club, model UN awards and experience.
>>
I have 2 job offers, both for the same money. Should I accept both of them?

I'm in the UK, I might get absolutely fucked by tax
>>
>>101865309
Sorry but where in gods name do you guys spend your money on besides rent?
>>
>>101868624
white people on here are the weirdest fucks i've ever seen.
every time I see some weird ass post it's always from a eurobitch
>>
>>101868624
No, you missed the gravy train, 2019 was the last year you could easily get started in tech. Go be an electrician or something.
>>
File: 1708103737414763.gif (3.75 MB, 242x294)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB GIF
>>101868624
>meme studies
>white
>male
>dumb summer jobs
LMAO
if you're in the states it's ogre for the next 10 years, if you're in Canada just suicide now you'll never enter this job market. Most people here have been programming/doing tech gigs since their early teens, and still can't find a job. Your best bet is becoming a twink for some fat Jew and pawning the nice purses he buys you
>>
>>101868683
5K$ on new computer that I will keep for 8+ years like I did my last one. 1k$ speakers, 600$ monitor, 2k$ a shitload of books half of which are work related. Tons of other crap like tools to maintain my car, furniture for my house and clothes.

Yeah at 80k that shit was primarily rent and I built up toward buying all of that in cash, fuck credit cards aside from the cash back. Then when I made more money I completely ran out of shit to buy. Having a fat savings saves you a ton of headache down the road so atleast have 6 months or ideally 18 months it gives you a ton of flexibility for shit you want to buy or shit you need to do.
>>
>>101868720
There was this image where some zoomer posts a picture of himself in bed with a fat old whtie man and captions it like "getting a new iphone"
>>
File: 1712994620565281.jpg (28 KB, 590x323)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Today it was just me and my "line manager" in the office
>>
>>101868435
none of that matters if you have enough experience
but yeah I had the same problem before, they brought 3 people on the call all with cameras but I decided to ignore the fact that it was over zoom because they never mentioned video, told my aunt later about it and she called me ignorant
>>
>>101868624
go back
>>
File: 1720969578884577.jpg (85 KB, 1024x893)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>101868620
Max comfy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NewrZ6ivFcY&list=PLD866CF320EBE7FEE
>>
>>101868828
did you kiss
>>
>>101868620
been listening to the young thug trial
>>
>>101868447
No way. No more jeets.
>>
>>101868334
Yeah, every tool I make to do my life easier stays with me, can't deal with PBKAC

>>101868681
Accept them no doubt, save one of the incomes fully, so you surely have enough cash to pay back taxes next year, still gonna make a lot more cash.
>>
File: 1721037463321178.jpg (179 KB, 2048x1448)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
God I wish these websites had a feature that would filter Indian recruiters. I dont want to work for your white collar sweat shop Ranjeesh.
>>
I hope you guys are lookmaxxing if you're white.
>>
Friend is telling me to get a referral from someone that barely got in 5 months ago. Aren't most new employees not able to give out referrals for like the first 6-12 months?
>>
>>101869259
Who told you that? My current job had 3 people join based off of referrals from a guy I got hired with and they have all stayed on and been great. He gave our boss the referrals like 3 weeks into getting this job.
>>
>>101869282
Read through some posts a while back about referrals. I guess it depends on the company? Now is to hope she would even bother or stick her neck out for someone she rarely interacted with.

Doubt it'll help at this point since I already applied over a week ago and probably already in the trash. Let's see if their HR roastie is willing to stick their hand in the bin.
>>
Should I quit my job and become a bicycle mechanic?
>>
>>101868956
No but he kinda had nothing better to do than manage me
>>
>>101869402
good luck getting paid. If you want to be a mechanic you either go into aeronautical, boats, or heavy machinery if you want to get paid.

I would've been a mechanic if it paid as well as IT does now for me. Your standard mechanic makes 30-50k at the low end and 60-80k at the high end if there lucky. In IT you make 60-80k for entry to mid range positions and sky's the limit once you specialize.
>>
>>101869040
it's PEBKAC retard
>>
>>101868624
Find local hvac apprenticeships
>>
>>101869150
Can you do regex filters for letter combinations that would only ever appear in Indian names? "Ranj" "get" "jeet" etc
>>
>>101869449
I'm not sure if I care about money anymore all I've done is hoarded and invested what I make now although I'm definitely idealizing it I have no idea how bad it must be to have none
>>
File: 8234578927890208.gif (3.91 MB, 640x360)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB GIF
>sifting through job posts
>FAGMAN post
>it's a fucking repost
>it's the same position since January
You have to be fucking kidding me. Stop posting these ghost jobs FAGMAN.
>>
>>101869570
Just give yourself 600$ a month and that is what the average person has after bills are paid for if there lucky. If not its often 200$.

But if its a change of pace you could job hop to different careers every year like a trust fund kid does until they settle with a passion.
>>
>>101869259
No. You can probably recommend immediately. Worst case they ignore you and throw it out. Best case you get like $3k for a referral bonus. Stop being a cunt and give the referral.
>>
File: dryjdkyh.png (440 KB, 1056x937)
440 KB
440 KB PNG
>>101869611
They are all doing it. I talk to guys at Microsoft frequently for my work and even they have been bitching lately about not having enough people. They cut support staff by 20% last april and their metrics have dropped so badly Microsoft is now scrambling to hire again (but you must do the needful and go to the office).
>>
>>101869332
When you get referred, that drops you to the top of the recruiters stack and the referral process asks for your resume. Doesn't matter if you applied already. There's too many jeets flooding the organic application channels so referral is the only way to stand out.
>>
>>101869663
Sucks for them I require 30k over asking for my tendie's and anime figurine purchases.
>>
>>101869663
My line of work basically forces me to be in the office from their perspective even though my whole career has been effectively remote.

Wish Microsoft could actually get back to me. 2 months and counting.
>>
Need career help here! Can any anon help me choose a tech career other than coding? I worked as a digital marketer for almost 2 years and I hate it. I need a switch. I'm pretty interested in linux and been tinkering with various linux distros for some time. What skills I need to learn in order to get a job if I'm interested in linux?
>>
How do you even look for a place to live while working?
If I spend time looking at offers and calling up landlords, I'm slacking off on my job, especially since I'm late on hundreds of different tickets.
If I don't answer to an offer the moment it's posted, it'll be taken by first comers.
This shit is really rustling my jimmies. Maybe I shouldn't have waited till I was 30 to move out
>>
>>101869968
Seems like you have a shit job. People scroll random shit during their workhours every time
>>
I'm the type of person who would energetically interact with a person during the first 1-4 months, but after seeing the same people everyday for 6-12 months, i just interact with them less and less, making conversations turn into a chore.

This could be a challenge on keeping a job. I basically have to choose whether i job hop every 2-4 years and somehow keep my social status alive in the same spot, or job hop every 1-2 years but having to deal with introductions, jobhunting, and interviews on such a short period of time
>>
>>101870071
That's not a question of the job being bad or anything, that's just me not wanting to be an ingrate and a sleaze. Posting on 4chan during bathroom breaks is as far I'm willing to go
>>
>>101861940
>From where I come from , "networking" is often seen as nepotism, people aren't particularly proud of getting a job just because you know someone
this is retarded. networking doesn't necessarily means partying or some shit. you can build a network by having a group of people with which you do stuff related to your profession.
also,
>getting a job just because you know someone
I mean, if you "know someone" and they know you are great and recommend you and act as a reference for other employers, what's the problem?
>>
>>101870123
>, that's just me not wanting to be an ingrate and a sleaze
You sound like you're still in probation
>>
>>101868446
Depends. I've done technical hiring for multiple startups in socal and the bay area, and we get all kinds of directives from above – a lot of it's a wink and a nod around "culture fit", so no papertrail. The only way to be sure is to post pics of your smooth pink butthole and slutty smirk
>>
>>101864630
Stop caring about the job then it doesn’t really matter if they are competent or not.
>how do I stop caring about the job
Just do the bare minimum, eventually you’ll realized there are more important things in your life
>>
so, this is all there is to life right? no realization, no transcendence, just menial labor siting at a desk until we die. Correct?
>>
>>101870309
you ever play card games in the park with somebody you love?
>>
>>101869892
A Microsoft recruiter reached out to me personally, setup an interview with the manager and team and we did the interview. We were joking and laughing like we were best friends and I was sure I was going to get a second interview. I have not heard back from them in 8 weeks. I fucking hate this stupid job market, I hate HR, I hate hiring managers, I hate interviewing and I hate this industry. Fuck working, I should have just went all in on Bitcoin.
>>
>>101870320
never, my dude. and I haven't loved someone romantically in a very very long while
>>
Anyone here using a TN Visa to work in the US? How fucked is the process if you want to permanently immigrate eventually?
>>
I'm trying to buy a chair for wfh right now and it's utterly infuriating how no amount of money will allow me to exist in a place without dumb bitches ruining everything. These cunts want, ostensibly, like $2K from me, and this bitch can't read a four digit number in an email. What do you do all day? What is your job? What are they paying you to sit your fat little moldering lump body behind a desk and fail to transcribe four digit numbers?

I thought I'd get away from this shit. But, no, so far, everywhere I go, the same dumb fucking little fat bitch retards have wormed their way in and are fucking everything up, every little thing. No piece of civilization may proceed unimpeded by dumb bitch brain ceaseless self-own travesties.

I guess they just get to send tons of pointless duplicate samples. I need a study on this because I bet it's noticeably affecting GDP
>>
File: 1624580321853.jpg (38 KB, 567x523)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>101869611
>be FAGMAN
>post fake job openings to make it look like you're growing when you're not
>mandate return to office to drive attrition among your most expensive employees because they wouldn't normally be threatened by 'performance based' layoffs
Our entire economy is a ponzi scheme
>>
>>101870424
You have less than six months
>>
Not necessarily tech related but I just realized I was still listed as employed at my previous company for an extra 6 months, even though they accepted my resignation. So, it looks like I was there for a year, and that's what I put on my resume because I genuinely thought that was the case. Can I get fucked over by this?
>>
>>101870553
>Can I get fucked over by this?
It rounds to "no". Not unless someone at the new company has a personal relationship with someone at the old one, and somebody in the chain is specifically interested in fucking you over.
>>
>the remote work agreement I signed technically gives the company permission to access the remote work location at any time
>be me, sleeping during work as usual
>suddenly hear a loud knocking and look up and the cops and my manager and HR is walking through my bedroom door
>i'm in bed, the laptop is open next to me with tape over the camera
>there are old plates, rotting food, and cum tissues all over the floor
>the monitors they gave me a year ago are still in the boxes
>don't even have a desk or chair
>>
>>101859769
This gets better with age anon. You really do stop giving a fuck, and once you have a certain amount of experience you start to realize they need you more than you need them. Also helps to have a few years' living expenses banked so that you never NEED the job you are interviewing for.
>>
>>101870553
The previous CTO of where I work was fired a year ago and he still lists himself as CTO.
>>
>we'll get back to you
It is so over
>>
>>101870586
Alright. Thanks bro. I was kinda worried cause the company I applied for does background checks and I don't want them to think I'm trying to lie about my experience.
>>101870637
I wish we all had that privilege.
>>
>>101860397
I felt like that at 31. I don't feel like that in my mid 40's. Future you will be happy you did that. Just keep at it. Old age isn't as far away as you think it is, and having all that money saved frees you from saving more 5 years from now.
Your income should get high enough within the next 10 years that maxing your 401k is a minor expense. Then you start just normal investing in a brokerage account and have to worry about taxes and that sucks.
To anyone reading this, save that shit. And PROTECT YOUR FUCKING HEALTH. You'll become a health nut in your 40's no matter what after your first major scare. Skip the middle man and do it now. Metabolic disease of one kind or another comes for us all.
No one will listen to this. I didn't. No one will listen to you when you're a geezer either. But you'll try, because it's too late to help younger you and you don't want others to tread the same path.
>>
How do you go about emphasizing the impact of your work projects succinctly? I'm almost done with my resume revamp. It is a lot less interesting when reading it now but it should pick up better on the ATS now. I'm having trouble with 2 bullet points regarding the impact they had. It'd take more than just the 1 bullet to explain why the project provided great value but everything else on there is 1 point. Quantifying is also somewhat hard because the software is mainly B2B, so any metrics would look small (hundreds of clients) despite each individual metric being sizable (millions of dollars).
>>
>>101870596
This is both my worst fear and my only motivation to clean my house.
>>
File: 1697436369105028.jpg (104 KB, 850x954)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
Throwing another Hail Mary. What's the point anymore? I'm fucked.
>>
>>101860648
It's basically a mild SSRI, and you can't REALLY know the concentration of the active ingredients. If it works at all for you it will take weeks and the change will be gradual.
Watch out, it makes you sensitive to sunlight.
>>
>>101869611
>post job
>sifting through resumes
>bad English, no degree, job hopper, no experience
>oh wait this one is perfect
>wants like $250k
>sigh
>repost job
>>
>>101868334
anon, they ARE making YOU feel bad and responsible for you to help them do THEIR jobs.
>>
>>101870888
I have no degree, no professional experience, perfect English. Assuming you've seen projects I've done and they look good + I've passed enough technical tests to show I know how to code, what's the max you'd pay me (if at all)
>>
We started using a ticketing system. In 2 weeks my manager has completed 5 easy ass tickets. The juniors completed 8 each and I've completed 17, of which 2 of them were multipart tickets so if we were to compare, it would be like 24 of my manager or the juniors one part tickets. This gives me even more of a reason to be an asshole to my manager. Piece of shit doesn't do anything and I can tell he doesn't understand what he is doing by what he writes when making these tickets. The day I leave is going to fuck this company so hard.
>>
>>101860544
You can also "borrow" from your 401k to do things like buy a first home. If you haven't done that yet, that is one way to get your hands on the money now. You have to pay it back with "interest", but you are paying it back to yourself.
Consider though that you don't like the thought of getting old, so you don't identify with future you, making the money and the future not seem "real". They are real.
Working sucks and you will want to stop some day. Or maybe do something different that pays less. This will entail having enough wealth to get you through your whole life. Having that very expensive post age 60 period covered means you can stop saving in your 40's or 50's, which in turn means you only need to make enough money or have enough savings to pay living expenses until then. This makes you much more free.
I never thought I would get there but personally I burned out HARD in my early 40's. Being able to just quit and take a year off, then explore working like half time as a contractor has been a game changer -- but I can only do that because I don't need to accumulate wealth right now. Believe me, that accumulation will start feeling urgent sooner than you think.
>>
>>101870911
>no degree
I can’t hire someone without a CS degree because we do shit with graphs and 3D at scale and I don’t have time to wait around for a bootcamper to learn DS&A and read DDIA.
But like $150k with experience, $100k without experience.
>>
>>101870123
>that's just me not wanting to be an ingrate and a sleaze
imagine being such an obedient slave lmao

>Posting on 4chan during bathroom breaks is as far I'm willing to go
how about you search for places to rent instead of wasting time here?
>>
>>101860845
You missed the boat. The boom is pretty much ending, though I am sure we will have another in another decade.
Those jobs aren't as nice as they sound though. Everyone uses all that free time to play politics and fuck with each other to compete for bonus money. It's a nasty way to spend your days.
>>
>>101870998
>$150k
That's like the lower end in mechanical and they still nickel and dime it
>>
>>101870998
Would you give me an interview at least if I had a BSc in psychology or something. And what if during the interview I said Oh I love DDIA. When I waas first studying to program I heard everybody harp on about DS&A and thought oh that could be boring, but turns out I adore it and have engrossed myself in it. And then you ask me questions and I can answer them. What then?!
>>
>>101871036
This is why remote is king, as long as you're not at a startup that overworks you.
>>
>>101859858
homie, we're still working on our "end-of-2022" project. scope creep is a hell of a drug
>>
>>101860913
It's not when. It's already happening. The dollar is tanking NOW. That's why assets are worth so much at the moment. Owning stocks is owning physical infrastructure if you are invested properly.
People still need food, energy, medicine, infrastructure. If those assets become worthless then there will be nothing to buy with any other investments either.
That's why you put a percent or two of your wealth into beanz and deanz.
>>
>>101868838
>told my aunt later about it and she called me ignorant
fucking kek
>>
Here's my story about how jobs are BS in marketing
>study for a month to learn how to market and copywrite
>land a remote job
>on call with the CEO of the startup + their hired email expert marketing strategy head analyst whatever
>I do a bunch of research, ready with many strategies and potential avenues for advertisements
>Email guy takes the lead and says the most basic possible shit, clearly did no research, says it will take another 2 weeks to produce any results
>they all nod and agree
So is it like this in tech? Can you just use basic terms on your bosses and overestimate how long things will take and do very little?
>>
>>101871046
Irrelevant degree is much, much worse than no degree, since it means not only do you not know shit, but you don’t even like programming and this is your second choice.
> I said Oh I love DDIA. When I waas first studying to program I heard everybody harp on about DS&A and thought oh that could be boring, but turns out I adore it and have engrossed myself in it.
Saying stuff doesn’t really matter, and your alleged interest is automatically debunked by the irrelevant degree. DS&A isn’t even a particularly hard or high-level class. It’s usually done freshman or sophmore year. People harping on about it would be weird. The “hard” classes for most people in cs are usually whatever the highest math their program requires, or whichever of OS and databases has the more ornery professor.
And that’s the difference really. Even if some bootcamper read EPI or a DS&A textbook and learned it, they just recently learned it. With a degree they learned it years ago and have been using it in higher level coursework and hopefully internships, so they have it down cold, like times tables. It’s something that’s the lowest bar for someone with the degree but some kind of achievement for people without it.
>>
>>101871234
I see, thanks for explaining in depth. I do disagree you on one point though, just because it would be a second choice for a degree doesn't mean they have no passion for it or don't like it.
>>
File: 1723566803498.jpg (50 KB, 655x674)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Time for a nap
>>
File: anon.jpg (71 KB, 582x634)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>101869476
Your mom is a PEBKAC
>>
>>101871274
Sure. Most places aren’t like me. I just have to be schizo because we have single-digit employees so false positives are way worse than false negatives.
>>
>>101871574
Oh yeah that makes a lot of sense. If I were an employer and the market was so saturated with graduates I'd likely have the same exact same mindset and avoid booties too.
>>
File: 78954389452723409.png (198 KB, 454x550)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
>LinkedIn notifications
>YOU SEEM TO BE A GOOD FIT FOR THESE ROLES
>all job posts I already applied to
>ghosted by all of them
please...just stop the pain
>>
>>101871164
Why do you care? It's not your company, you have absolutely zero reason to worry about how quickly anything gets done.
>>
>>101868446
Being good-looking is always an advantage.
>>
>>101871703
I was young and that was one of my first jobs, and I was frustrated this I was working harder and new more than this dude but he got paid so much
>>
Should I start with Java SE or dive right into Java EE? Is EE the standard for jobs?
>>
>>101859679
I gave up on this gay white-hating industry, and sell my own software now. Fuck every last one of these tech companies. Let’s see of they can keep their heads above water with jeets running the ship top to bottom.

If you’re white and working at any of these companies you are on borrowed time and digging your own grave.
>>
>>101871875
IDK what you're talking about brother, Indians love me. As a tall and moderately handsome white man, I go out to dinner with the indians and they stare at me like I'm a god
>>
>>101871927
Disgusting scat fetish
>>
Anyone here ever gets high while working?
>>
>>101871927
Staring is an act of aggression in their culture
They’re staring you down, not miring
>>
>>101872145
I don't think so, because there's an americanborn Indian who works with us and is very chill, and she told me they were staring like they had fallen in love
>>
>>101871875
How do I get into selling my own software?
I've considered making mobile games/apps and spamming them with ads and microtransactions, but it'd be cool to do something of actual value
>>
>>101859917
>I make $50k a month
Please help, any hints, any at all. Bless you.
>>
File: nyydta7d2j931.jpg (58 KB, 600x525)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>101870536
Happy earnings season!
>>
>>101868708
can you take that back?
>>
>5000+ applications
>8 interviews
>8 rejections
>Have interview tomorrow
>No willpower left to give a fuck knowing I will be rejected again no matter how hard I try
I'm so tired bros, got denied from the army because of ssris, don't own a car so can't do uber, if I don't get a job soon I will have to get some back breaking job, the problem is I'm so out of shape. I already applied to hundreds of tech adjacent roles, office roles, etc. I hate myself for doing CS, I would walk the uni halls and see the fellas using the trades machines and think it was cool, should have gone for it. Before anyone suggests trades, it's full here in Ontario, no apprenticeships, can't even qualify for MAID.
>>
>work at company with shitty jeet analytics tool making 50k
>did data transfer there from oracle to the platform and mantain it
>offered contract for a year for about 150k to to do the same thing

Is it worth losing benefits/401k for 3x pay
>>
>>101870962
how much do you make? I've only felt this way at shitty jobs and just got a tech job where I'm in the honeymoon phase making 10x more than i ever have before with people I actually like

>>101871164
>Can you just use basic terms on your bosses and overestimate how long things will take and do very little?
you can do this anywhere the bosses are retards, which is ~most places
>>
>>101872212
My strategy was to find a market that is small, I have experience in, and is largely non-technical, then build software that makes common tasks easier.

When you build, try to make it so that you can grow both horizontally and vertically without too much pain.

But be prepared to live for a year with no income.
>>
File: fadxghsufhAWOG16.jpg (72 KB, 750x1000)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
If I have a remote American job with an American salary, can I move to some europoor country and live like a king? All of my human connections locally have been severed by death and malady so I'm considering my options. What euro country has the pinkest, tightest little femboys while being the least overrun by turd worlders?
>>
>>101872680
obviously you math illiterate monkey
>>
>>101872937
Are you American? If so you will still have to pay taxes to the IRS.
>>
File: 1721617595766.jpg (56 KB, 775x1024)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
How bad is discrimination against white males in the industry overall?
>>
>>101872850
I dialed into an interview for logistical reasons one time and they were very aggressive about me turning my camera on. Then the panel started arguing amongst themselves about why I couldn’t because I dialed in. It was a red flag for me.
>>
>>101873066
83% of new position go to POC, of those 83% I would guess 81% are Indians, but that part isn't recorded so who knows.
>>
My manager just offered to give me the whole Friday off if I instead do a 1-2-ish hour task on Saturday. Is that normal? Wouldn't they just force me to do it or pay me the extra 1-2 hours or whatever?
>>
>>101873135
Your manager will get in trouble if he gives you OT, but not if he gives you a day off.
>>
>>101873050
Yes. I'm aware I'd still be owned by the Empire, but there's a lot of tax credits and shit you can get back if you spend the majority of your time outside the physical territory. I'm not too worried about that yet. I'll have to run the numbers once I have some options to consider, of course.

>>101873066
It's very bad because engineering at most companies is hidden behind an asteroid field of retarded useless women with make-work jobs (HR). If you want to bypass this you have to either learn to penetrate it or apply at companies that don't have it. If you pursue the latter– consider the type of company that's shed that layer. You have to be really, really good.
>>
>>101872843
I make 110k. Just enough to not quit but enough to be bitter at being the heavy lifter for people I don't get along well with.
>>
File: tray_large.png (271 KB, 512x512)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
>>101873042
now I don't feel like I'm good enough for the pay
>>
>>101873149
> If you want to bypass this you have to either learn to penetrate it or apply at companies that don't have it. If you pursue the latter– consider the type of company that's shed that layer. You have to be really, really good
I'm starting to fully realize this. With 10yoe I am getting filtered like never before with HR initial screens. I think I'm about done.
>>
>>101870865
Do it for Anis, bro
>>
>>101873169
I make barely over that and I was under the poverty line before, so you can understand why I'm a happy little fucktoy for now. my team is small and nice to me and i can finally go to the grocery store without my body being flooded with stress and hate

>>101873196
>>101872680
You're trading stability. You'll have to fight for your life every year. If you can take the resources and make it work it makes sense. I would take that trade in a heartbeat, personally.
>>
File: bezos hardworker.jpg (162 KB, 1080x1332)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>101859679
How is your day going, lazy classworking bros? Have you made millions today for your hard working CEO/business owner(s)?
>>
>>101872937
I have a family member who bought land in Greece, so for about a year I rented it for 500 and did all my work while looking at Mount Olympus. Was goated.
>>
>>101870818
>It'd take more than just the 1 bullet to explain why the project provided great value
That's a sign that you're bullshitting it. Put any numbers you got, and ideally they're monetary numbers.
>>
>>101873238
I don't get this mentality. Are you a woman or a leftist?
Being well paid doesn't or shouldn't translate into having a sane life. I myself was born in a poor family and now I get paid well because I work in tech. But I still don't have my own house, I've had to pay rent for a long time, and even if I have a lot of money saved, I still don't even feel confident to get s loan to buy a house because I could get fired tomorrow and could lose everything overnight. I've seen it happen, not to people close to me but still. I've also read many stories like this.
Sure, there are lots of nepo kids in tech and middle class people who can live with their parents or in their second home or whatever, but not all of us have had that kind of opportunities...

This post caught my attention because my ex gf used to complain to me about our wage gap and about how stingy I was even though I made good money. What she didn't understand, even though I explained to her multiple times, is that buying my own house (or at least land to build on) was my priority, and that I needed to save as much as possible for as long as I could. Sadly, she kept complaining even after breaking up... I guess I should have taught her about money, but she didn't even seem to care about my ideas, so it seemed impossible for me to help her understand me.
>>
>>101873363
I'm not sure what "mentality" you're referring to, sorry. Can you elaborate?
>>
>tfw one of my posts becomes copypasta
feels weird, but it's ok I guess
>>
File: 1723572800296.jpg (33 KB, 400x533)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Why won't they let me be a slave...
>>
>>101873469
You made it, anon. Congratulations.
>>
File: IMG_5635.jpg (582 KB, 1125x1163)
582 KB
582 KB JPG
>>101872290
Have type 2 bipolar and get lucky enough to find out about an emerging tech fad at the same time a manic episode starts.
>>
>>101873501
t-thanks
>>
>>101873346
I did that for the other bullet points where it was obvious. The issue with these last few is that there is a step or two in between the feature I did and the money. I tried phrasing it in terms of lead generation but it sounded even more BS when phrased that way. The features weren't BS as our clients' existing solutions were very clunky and our replacement ones are very fast and organized. It is just very hard to quantize that in a way the ATS will find valuable.
>>
File: F_cZTtWbcAAn9n4.jpg (321 KB, 1294x1618)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
Hey techies, quick question for you. What's the fastest way to land an easy job at one of those unicorn startups? I've been grinding Codecademy for like 2 weeks now and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to ace the technical interviews. Also trying to decide between AI/ML and blockchain - which one's gonna make me more bank? Thinking I can master either in a couple months max. What kind of $$$ should I be expecting for my first gig? 200k base + equity sound about right for entry? BTW do you know what the deal with visas are? They companies will handle the paperwork shit all I have to do is land the job yeah?

Bonus question: any of you guys want to network with me? Personal brand is important I've heard and I'd like to maybe do a meetup or something. I also hear it's hard for girls in tech and there's still a lot of stigma, so connections and a bit of protection would be super appreciated. Thanks in advance for the replies. I attatched a little image as an early reward for your answers :p
>>
>>101873636
Lead generation doesn't sound like BS. It might sound that way to most devs but it's a very legitimate issue for the other side of every business.
>>
>>101873559
Based fellow bipolar 2 bro, harnessing mental illness as a superpower Are you on meds
>>
File: 168923765982365932.jpg (34 KB, 400x400)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Going back to work after 2 and a half weeks of relaxing and traveling on the coast and abroad with friends.
Holy fucking shit I can't go from this to codemonkeying, dealing with retarded girlboss project and product managers, designers that don't care, outdated technologies, daily meetings and office small talk.
>>
>>101873497
Because you are here to suffer, if you don't suffer how will the CEO's know they are superior?
>>
>>101873704
Bahahahaha, great meme lad.
>>
>>101873807
At least you have a job, I hate you.
>>
What's the difference between neetcode and leetcode? Is one 4chan coded or something
>>
>>101873755
Taking meds just makes me feel like shit, I would rather feel good 50% of the time.
>>
File: 16347852387562395.jpg (160 KB, 1080x873)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>101873839
>>
>>101873841
It's NETCode.
>>
>>101873704
this. but me saying it.
>>
>>101873320
i don't go to any meetings but if i was CEO i probably would have to.
>>
File: file.png (167 KB, 744x667)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>
>>101873946
I posted a job just to an hn who’s hiring, a week+ after it was posted, expecting maybe a dozen resumes and to interview one person.
I’ve gotten about a hundred resumes in a few days.
It’s fucked out there.
>>
>>101873755
Not any stabilizers because >>101873847. When a depressive episode gets bad enough I take an antidepressant for a bit, and I take armodafinil to work more.
>>
how do you deal with taking notes while working?
when i have ideas, or commands i'll need again, or tasks i need to complete, etc. i just open a new notepad++ tab.
but then i accumulate them. i've got fuckloads of tabs. and if i want to save them out, now i've got a folder full of text files, which is really annoying to look through.

what's your method for keeping this stuff organized?
>>
>>101873755
NEVER meds, doctors are STUPID motherfuckers
Everyone who cried and bitched and tried to zombify me was a turbonormie niggerfaggot fatbitch blob and they have nothing to say now that I got a job and left and won't give them any more money
>>
File: file.png (13 KB, 668x206)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
Nice tech assesment.
>>
>>101874194
I was slamming my head into walls during depressive episodes without meds
>>
>>101874036
How many did you interview?
>>
>>101874188
>notepad++
>winblows
ngmi

use whatever notetaking app you prefer that lets you build structure – you want a wiki, you want to be able to follow links and see how things are connected

god i love databases

>>101874204
it's an IQ test and you failed. sorry kek
>>
File: 1693588618023324.jpg (133 KB, 800x525)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>101874094
I have been taking amphetamines to browse 4chan more efficiently while "working" from home
>>
>>101874036
If somebody went and found your email and messaged you directly saying they're interested in the job, would you consider them, would they stand out, or would that be boring. Do the indians already do that?
>>
>>101874206
Try shock therapy, the body is smart enough to understand that behaving crazy equals electric pain. I use a pavlok, one time payment, much cheaper than monthly meds, and I got to join the army unlike the other anon.
>>
>>101874228
English isn't my first language, I speak marathi. I didn't think of empty as the verb, rather the adjective.
>>
>>101874206
I was writing manifestos and engaging in antisocial sexual behavior and building weapons
all cured by a job and happy remote workplace! yay :) i was reacting rationally to my conditions, dont let them gaslight you
>>
>>101874234
How do you deal with eyelid muscle spams? I have been having them for more than a week, and they are visible to others, makes me look crazy.
>>
>>101874256
This makes even less sense. You were correctly filtered. Trust the process
>>
File: file.png (84 KB, 275x180)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>>101874258
>antisocial sexual behavior
>>
>>101874228
>use whatever notetaking app you prefer that lets you build structure

example?

i do this because it's easy. it takes two keys to open a new tab and then i can just jot down whatever i need. but then i'm piling up debt because i've like, pasted a public key or something in a document with no context, and i have no clue what the purpose was when i look back weeks later.

i'm not opposed to learning some new tool, because i have this same problem on my personal PC. loads of links, and shopping lists, etc. all over the place.
>>
>>101874282
How so? The box is empty isn't the same as "Go empty the box".
>>
>>101874240
I was already in the army prior to my illness developing
>>101874258
Bruh I had a happy relationship with a supportive girl and a good job. Did not stop me from losing control of my body and hurting myself. Sometimes there is just something defective and we need medication to cure it. Of course it takes much more than medication, I was doing all sorts of healthy things to help myself, but those didn't bear any fruits without the small boost the medication gave.
>>
>>101874302
replenish = restore. make whole. rejuvenate.
empty = to make empty. dispose of. remove.

they are opposites.
condemn and sentence are synonyms.
condemn and praise are opposites.
>>
>>101874237
My email is literally in the post.
If it was a link to an ATS form and they emailed me personally I would kill their family. And then delete it.
>>
>>101874297
Freetard: Obsidian
gigafreetard: emacs org mode
normie/azngrl/dont care: Notion
true autist: Airtable, or like... postgres + webshit of your choice

>>101874302
this has nothing to do with language dude your brain just doesn't fucking work
you're asserting that your answer was correct based on empty-as-an-adjective
which makes zero sense
enjoy mcdonalds

>>101874303
I'm happy you're happy, anon. I'm glad you found something that worked.

I will never give a fuck about any thought a shrink or gp has had about anything. Deeply pathetic people, tiny, stupid golems ruled entirely by petty fears and social tyranny, wreaking incalculable havoc across generations. anybody who isn't a surgeon or specialist does literally nothing all day long. woman fakework papershuffle people

They tried to delete me
>>
File: 1654896669071.jpg (35 KB, 442x482)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
how long do you stay in a company before job hoppong?
i managed to land a FAGMAN job somehow but the pay is shit. i know i could effortlessly 2x my salary with such a name in my CV, but i dont my permanence to seem too short since maybe HR demons would assume i got filtered and sent away.
>>
>>101868683
>where in gods name do you guys spend your money on besides rent
Are you people 12 or something? I never understood this dumb ass question.
Do you know how much a house costs? Do you know how much it costs to MAINTAIN a house? Do you know how many people own a house in this era?

Are you retards actually this clueless? Life is way more than just your funkos and your Netflix subscriptions.
>>
>>101874474
dont be discouraged at these descriptions btw, i literally use notion because it was easy and i didnt care
i might move to obsidian tho because notion has gotten slow as fuck lately and I'm starting to want more access to the flat files to be able to do silly bullshit with them

>>101874502
youre overleveraged, fell for memes, condolences
hope this shit hell market collapses soon so we can start over and the zooms and alphas have a chance
>>
I hurt my lower left part of my back when going to pick up my laptop bag off the ground. It's been over 24 hours now and whenever I lean or bend or whatever to that side it still kind of hurts.... is this what being old is like?
>>
>>101868683
When I spent a lot of money it was basically all electronics and nice clothes.
It stops being fun after a few years and I went back to wearing cheap gym clothes 24/7 and am still using an iPhone 11
>>
>>101874500
Less than 2.5-3 years I assume you got filtered
>>
>>101874532
>youre overleveraged, fell for memes, condolences
What? I don't even own a house, that's exactly why I am posting that.

Do you know how long it's gonna take me to buy my own place, no matter what trading/hustling/cocksucking cope I pull? If you understand that, why the fuck is it that hard to understand that earning $5000 a month is basically fucking nothing at all? A basic place costs like 300K for fuck's sake.
>>
>>101874619
you are NOT an HR demon.
>>
>>101874747
I play one on tv
>>
>>101873708
That's good to know. I had done some other work related to lead generation in the past and none of it went anywhere. I figured it was just another made up marketing role to make do nothing jobs. Thanks, that solves both bullet points effectively.
>>
>>101873946
>16% senior level

why tho
>>
>>101874500
3 years unless they're consistently pushing you up the ladder. I used to have a goal to stay at the same company for 5 years because I despised job hoppers. Most of the way into year 6 now and I should have been following them. Too bad my 3 year marker happened right in the middle of the pandemic. It was too obvious all those mania jobs in '21 would get cut.
>>
>>101874743
ah, then we're in the same boat in this cursed shithole boomer-ravaged world
it was insanely demoralizing to see what my actual take-home was after the government rape, after nearly destroying myself to finally get a "real" job. it;s a fucking good job and i'm lucky but it's just... new game plus ig. prestiged

>>101874812
those are the ones that are real bad, when you see seniors applying to entry
because there's nothing out there, anon
>>
>>101874890
Yeah, it's insane, you get one of the supposedly best paid jobs in the fucking world and you still can't afford your own place even if you live like a quasihobo for 10 years.
That's why the "what do with money???" question is so weird, it's like those people have never paid a fucking bill or browsed Zillow in their entire lives.
>>
>>101873066
It's nuts, nigga
>>
how do i become the ultimate tech warrior
>>
File: 1714923619510304.jpg (19 KB, 217x320)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>started working as a programmer a bit over two months ago
>never had stress or insomnia issues before
>now I get sporadic episodes of both
>slept 5 hours yesterday, 3-4 hours tonight, 4 hours of tossing and turning in bed with my heart thumping
Is this normal? Last job (not tech related) I'd just leave the office and that was that, here I can't seem to disconnect. The fact that projects are weeks or months in length doesn't help, not like I can finish my work for the day and then go home, there's always more to be done.
>>
>>101875453
I used to have that constant stress when I only started too.
Now I'm 5+ years exp in and I don't even think about work outside of hours
>>
>>101875480
Being on 6 months evaluation before I get to seal the deal doesn't help either.

Can't wait to stop giving a shit so I can just disconnect on the dot when my day ends.
>>
>>101863526
Literally bots. It's kind of pathetic actually that we're trying to get jobs from people who so easily fooled and can't be assed to code such simple safeguards to prevent it.
>>
>>101875453
I just started beginning of last month as a backend dev. I've never done backend in my life and I haven't programmed in maybe 4 years since college. I'm stressed constantly. I was already burnt out from my previous job. Last night I stayed up working until 2am. Usually I work until around 10pm.
Everyone else on my team finishes their shit so fast. I don't know how everyone does it. I think I might quit if I don't get fired.
>>
>>101875662
>Just started back end
>Never done it before
>Last time I programmed was 4 years ago in college
... ... how.
>>
>>101868683
I need to maintain the house so I need tools and groceries to eat
>>
>>101868683
Guns and my sex doll.
>>
>>101875662
>I'm stressed constantly.
This is the worst, I can literally feel it even when I'm "relaxed".
>random slightly upsetting things now cause me way more emotional upset than before
>feeling random bouts of nostalgia or longing for shit I never felt nostalgia or longing for before
>Last night I stayed up working until 2am.
I stop working more or less when my shift ends (give or take 30 minutes) but doing so means I drag the feeling of not having done enough with me. Which leads to more stress.
>I think I might quit if I don't get fired.
Thought of this too but then what? Work at McDonalds? I mean rather that than this stressful shit, but at the same time we'll both most likely hit the "ok I don't give a shit anymore" point pretty quick and then you don't really feel stress. You're only really stressed about a job as long as you want to keep it, once you can think "who cares if I get fired" you're good.
>>
>>101875662
>I'm stressed constantly. I was already burnt out from my previous job.
>Usually I work until around 10pm
no wonder you are burned out, retard. why are you giving your employer so much time? are they paying the extra hours of work?
>>
>>101875453
yeah that's p much the norm
welcome
>>
>>101875801
Dude, either get a grip and realize you've done your work for the day and just fucking relax, or if you just can't get a grip then learn to compartmentalize.
>>
>>101875854
Because I can't concentrate during the day and feel like I'm not getting anything done. We have a system that tracks work time and shows that on the ticket so if you spend a lot of time on something that's visible to anyone who looks. I have to get shit done.
>>
File: 1722693810394808.png (98 KB, 600x500)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>101875953
Not him but it passes, right?

Right?
>>
File: file.jpg (459 KB, 828x1060)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
You think I can lie my way into pic related job?
Being software QA sucks
>>
>>101876002
>We have a system that tracks work time
find a job that doesn't do that shit?
>>
>>101876010
Yes, once you train your brain that it's getting paid to work and not just solving complex puzzles for fun.
>>
>>101876031
Did you post the right pic? You're asking if you can lie your way into flying a fighter jet? Or am I misunderstanding the proposition?
>>
>>101876044
>>101876002
yeah this is maximum boomer micromanagement power trip faggotry
I had issues retraining myself to focus during working hours instead of, like, 2200-0400, but thankfully i have full remote no fixed hours and unlimited pto, etc. I still try to adjust to their time because i want to hang out with everybody
>>
>>101876031
In Ukraine? 100%, they'll pull disabled grandpas out of their homes to fight, they'll certainly hire an hot shot American to fly a jet. Tell em you're part of Top Gun.
>>
Are self taught devs less qualified/less skilled than degree havers? Yes. Do thousands of people land jobs they're not qualified for every day? Also yes.
>>
>>101876031
On one hand you're basically guaranteed to just run safe missions in the western part of the country far outside of any AA range.

On the other your base will be prime target for strikes. Ironically you'll be safer while flying than while sleeping.
>>
>>101875710
I don't know. I just took the opportunity. I was QA previously. They offered me a business analyst or the engineering position. I took the engineering one because it was a good opportunity to get experience. Now I'm lost as fuck.
>>101875854
I'm an actual wage slave and I care way too much. I need to make boundaries. Also I'm still learning and I feel like I need a ton of time just to learn to do shit and work on my tickets.
>>
>>101876115
In my experience, degree-havers are typically – not always, of course – but typically, far less creative, agentic, and useful. I have to hold their hands.

>>101876200
It's tough that you joined while still in your Spongebob phase. I had years of retail to burn that out of me. Your boss doesn't care. The product doesn't matter. They will stop you from making it better. They value process over outcome. It's just a paycheck.

There are companies where this isn't the case, and everyone is mission-driven and engaged, but your hours will be even more insane. This can be great, though! This can be super fun! Or too much work. Depends on you.

You just have to make sure your attitude is properly calibrated for the company you're at.
>>
Pajeet memes aside, is Spring worth learning?
>>
>>101876530
No.
>>
>>101873346
where did this numbers meme come from? where are you getting the numbers from? why is your company allowing you to publish them on your resume?
>>
>>101873559
hey I have BPD 2 and experience extremely strong symptoms and also refuse to take medication
I've been trying to get a startup going for a while now, as a side job. In my main job I don't really put any effort (still more productive than most normies so it's fine)
I wanted to ask what field did you get rich in, I know it won't work for me but I still want to know
>>
>>101876530
just learn to code and make shit. I only knew python when I started at my job and now I can't even remember what they forced me to learn. It's just a giant schizo tech stack and you have a week to learn everything related to the projects you work on.
>>
>>101870890
Shit you're right. Pretty sure whenever I run into these issues I just figure it out myself. Instead they git blame on any line of code they don't understand and ask the person why it's "broken".
Fuck these people
>>
About 2 months ago my personal laptop broke and I dont know why but it just cant connect to any wifi network. So I started using using the company laptop to watch movies after work hours or on the weekends. I did not realized that but management has been watching me be online on teams after work hours and on weekends and assumed that I have been working. Yesterday my manager called me in his office and said I will be getting 5% raise because I have been working ver hard lately lol. I cannot stop lauging
>>
>>101876946
>I work harder not smarter
retard
>>
>>101876692
Times have changed grandpa, if you don't know the stack they use they won't hire you.
>>
>>101876657
You need some way to get numbers to demonstrate impact. If your business isn't making these available to you at all (e.g. if you just get fed tickets with vague prios and have no way to estimate anything but how long it will take you) then the only way for you to get promoted is abusive metrics like how long you've worked there. (And in that case you should try to find a better job - but you probably already know this.)
As far as what you put on your resume, you obfuscate it. Don't name precise entities, round numbers, aggregate whatever you can, state it in terms of %s if you can, etc. I mean, this is really the only way representing impact can work. Otherwise everyone's resumes would just say "Yeah, I made BIG impact" and resumes would be even more worthless
>>
50 MORE MINS TILL FREEDOM AHHHHHH
>>
>>101877032
im a FAGMAN. my manager does the promo docs. it's all politics anyway

i have no idea where to even begin searching for numbers, let alone before and afters for a particular project. and even if i have them, are people just taking credit for the whole thing? i wrote half of this new feature for this subset of the fart app therefore i personally increased number by one billion percent?

do the retards reading resumes actually believe these numbers? or is this just more leetcode style hoops that everyone understands is bullshit but cargo cults anyway?

if you're obfuscating it anyway and taking credit for other people's work, why not just make numbers up entirely
>>
>>101877578
>i wrote half of this new feature for this subset of the fart app therefore i personally increased number by one billion percent?
Your contribution was critical, so yes.
>>
>>101877603
i fucking hate tech so goddamn much. when they lay me off in round six or whenever i'll just burn through my savings and then eat a bullet

fuck normalfaggots for making these rules. i just wanted to touch computers
>>
>>101859679
Got a preliminary phone call with a capitol one recruiter for an associate developer role at the aforementioned. What should I expect? I have enterprise tier spring experience and sql esrver experience and mean stack experience. It's like 30 mins

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.