[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

old >>101882587
>>
is it possible to upgrade to windows 11 pro from windows 11 home if I am using the activation script?
>>
Am I just a retard if I use straight ahead vim and NOTHING else to create code? I've just been using vim and I know like 99% of people use either neovim or vscode with a bunch of add ons. Am I genuinely missing out on anything? Every time I look into what people are doing on neovim it either seems like a crutch or not worth the time investment to learn the plugin
>>
>>101953334
all i can think of you missing out on are the various debugging tools something like visual studio has (probably vscode too, not sure)
>>
>>101953539
Do you know if they're any better than something like gdb?
>>
>>101953582
no they're not
>>
>>101953582
i believe all major IDEs have gdb's features and make it easy to, say, add breakpoints with just a click
i used visual studio a bit and it has a lot more in it but all i've used is just gdb but shown in pretty graphs and windows
>>
i am following a guide on networking with C and getaddrinfo is a bit perplexing, it should fill an addrinfo struct with some information like which protocol to use but i have to loop through such struct to get a socket and bind/connect to it
why is it a list of structs? addrinfo just contains a bunch of information, are there "many things" that can be an addrinfo or something? what exactly am i looping on?
>>
File: 3D router icon.jpg (21 KB, 700x700)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Let's say I wanted all my devices on the same local IP net (and obviously also on the same Ethernet block) while allowing each device to host their own network.
>inb4 "why?"
One use case would be virtual machines that you don't want to let to your home net while also not NATing them out - breaking routability. Or if the device hosted a guest (wireless) network.
Example:
>10.10.0.0/16
>host 10.10.2.0 becomes an access point or a VM host
>guests get IPs from 10.10.2.1-254
Any way to establish this... dynamically?
Or if not, is this the most obvious way of setting up the network initially? All hosts being 10.10.1.0, 10.10.2.0, 10.10.3.0 and so on.
>>
How can I download a whole twitter profile? can somebody explain me or give a good guide that just works.

I tride:

gallery-dl
yt-dlp
twmd
jdownloader2
rip.me

and none properly works or I am not smart enough to make it works.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>101952914
why don't y'all gamedev niggas use unity or unreal engine instead of creating game engine from scratch. their rates are not that much. like unreal takes 5% of the revenue and unity has very flexible comission rates.
>>
>>101955580
Most people do, it's just the turboautists that want to make their own engine
>>
How do I remove emojis from being displayed on websites? I moved from windows 7 to 10 and where it just used to be an empty box is now an emoji and it makes text more annoying to read.
>>
File: 2345612345432.jpg (166 KB, 1600x1201)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
Local small business shut down, they were gonna throw these out so they gave them to me.

I have plans to run cat cables through my walls, I thought I might use one of these and save myself the cost of buying a switch, but these things are way too power hungry.

Do these have any value? I was told GBICS could, but I have no way to check their condition. I assume those components might wear out over time.
>>
>>101956358
>>101956358
2960s are great
They have all the features you need to learn everything you would want to learn
Enjoy man I hope you like making VLAN trunks, messing with rapid-pvst and watching it all work (or not sometimes).
>>
>>101956358
I'm sure the others are fine too but I am not familiar with them. best you do some searching
>>
>>101955109
gallery-dl works fine. you need an account though.
>>
>>101956433
>>101956450

are the rest worth selling? I don't think I can test them to check what condition they're in
>>
>>101952914
For some reason images wont load on 4chan if I use my router. I know it's my router because the images load on my phone if I use lte.
\ (oo)\____
(__)\ )\/\
||----w |
|| ||
>>
is the h2testw still reliable?
I bought 3 new micro sd cards from different reputable stores and all of them have errors out of the box with h2testw.
Until I do full format with sd formatters (which cards will run fine after),
software always through errors at me even though it's just few bad sectors.

Maybe it's just bad luck that bought 3 faulty cards?
>>
>>101957014
Fuck, I can't cowsay. Also, the pics will load if I open them in a new tap. I tried disabling 4chanX and add block.
>>
Running a script through the ssh works but when I run it locally it doesn't work. It's for starting a single gpu passthrough and running a command when the VM starts but it runs well on ssh but not locally. How can I fix it?
>>
>>101957195
my guess is that you're running it from a graphical terminal with no multiplexer, causing your script to be killed when it takes down the graphical session
you'll want to do it from a multiplexer such as tmux, or make a systemd one-shot service and start that
>>
File: Notion_App_Logo.png (212 KB, 4797x5000)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
What can I do with notion notes, if I want to move off the site? it can be exported into pdf or html, supposedly, but is it still somehow organized with links etc?
>>
Question regarding matrix/element.io, can I turn off the "Manage integrations" options in the Security & Privacy Settings if I don't use any bots or bridges? The description of the feature is confusing me.
>>
>>101957846
You can export them to Markdown but I don't think Notion internal links will keep working.
>>
>>101957014
Helped another Anon with this the other day. You need to change your DNS servers to Google or cloud flare and may need to flush your DNS.
>>
>>101957247
Nope didn't work. Tmux, nohup,disown even systemD (which I forgot to mention but the script detects the main display of the Linux machine and then uses the guest agent exec to run a scheduled task in windows). I put the file in the user/bin so it's at least easier to run
>>
>>101959231
Interesting, I have the same issues with webms. Ocassionally they load extremely slow, sometimes not at all. I have Quad9 as DNS. Are you saying cloudflare is blocking or throttling the requests? I thought it was because of my Firefox config (UBO in strict mode).
>>
>>101954052
A single host name can resolve to multiple IP addresses.
https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=a%3a4chan.org&run=toolpage
>>
>>101959231
does it have to be them? I can not forgive what Cloud Flare did to Kiwi Farms and I don't think I need to say why I would want to avoid Google.
>>
>be me
>get refurbed HP z440
>xeon processor, nvidia quadro k4000
>install Linux mint
>install nvidia proprietary driver
>reboot
>no video, not even bios screen
>try CMOS reset
>nothing
>replace cable
>reseat card
>try HP diagnostic USB tool
>same no video, not even bios screen
>try different HDD to see if I can cause boot issues and at least get a bios screen
>nope
I'm at a loss, it's been a while since I upgraded so UEFI is hilariously new to me but I don't know how a driver install on OS can bork video out.
Any suggestions on how to fix this anons?
>>
>>101960300
https://forums.linuxmint.com/
>>
File: Toyota_Prius_2005.jpg (318 KB, 1280x854)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
how do tile trackers work? If i hide one in my car, will it help find it in the event that it is stolen?
>No, it doesn't find your car.
from what i am understanding is that it can provide recent locations of vehicle if it gets stolen by hoodlums who joyride it around the city then ditch it in another part of the city. as long as it stays in an urban environment or another environment with foot/car traffic yea?
for the 'community track' system to work, does it require that other tile users are actively walking around with their bluetooth on? i take it most people dont walk around with their bluetooth on. what is bluetooth range for a tile tracker? 10ft? 100ft?

anyone have insight on this?
>>
>>101960363
I've had a look but all I kind find is issues after the boot loader loads
>>101960300
Forgot to add, dual booting with win10... so I could avoid issues like this until I got the install sorted
>>
>>101959876
Could setup bind and use recursive
>>
>>101960370
>>101960370
>>
Can I do something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QgXIFzQi0Y

Without ElevenLabs? (for free)

I want to translate to [spoiler] Spanish [/spoiler]
>>
>>101958573
wow, that's GHAAAYYY

obsidian then
>>
File: 1652908844485.jpg (50 KB, 640x547)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Are there any retard-proof guides on how to set up a printer so that I can printer from any device that has internet access?
>>
I recorded a concert with the recorder app on my pixel 7. I now have m4a audio files. Are there any basic operations I can apply to make it sound better without any knowledge of music production?
>>
>>101962186
Could take a sample of the static (if there is any) and filter it out.
>>
>>101961603
Connect it to the router and most devices will pick it up automatically. Easier to do if your router has wps capabilities
>>
I know there was a big crackdown on deepfakes and all, but is it still possible to get AI faked voices? I was just thinking about how awesome it would be to be able to create your own audio-books read by whatever casting you wanted. Say, Winnie the Pooh narrated by Jason Stratham. Or The Fountainhead narrated by Elmer Fudd.
>>
File: 1633865226172.jpg (5 KB, 176x175)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
Is only seeing four characters the secret key to telling you 4chan won't ever let you post? Anytime I've tried to post on a device where I only get 4 characters it always fails.
>>
>>101959368
i see, thank you
>>
>>101962551
No, sounds like a you problem.
>>
>>101953334
i think you're missing out on things like vim-commentary, vim-fugitive (if you're using git), vim-surround and nerdtree, but not much else.
unless you want IDE-like features as the other anon said, then you could get a lot more into that
>>
/g/entlemen, this massive retard needs some help. Some times ago youtube (on pc) got a new UI design that I absolutely hate. Is there some addons or ways to turn it back to normal?
>>
I replaced a 970 GTX with a 4060, and now VLC does not play audio in MKV files, seems to only affect DTS-HD. It worked fine before and I haven't changed anything else (unless there was some sneaky Windows update that ruined things). I am using an HDMI cable to connect the monitor. I tried disabling/enabling audio on HDMI within the Nvidia control panel--it should be disabled as the monitor doesn't have speakers. What else could cause this?
>>
I used to hide posts without images by pressing F, but after updating 4chan XT I now have to press it twice. Anyone else?
>>
Anyone know that site that teaches the alternative home rows for touch typing? The one that teaches 'asdv'+'nkl;' as the home rows?
>>
If I'm in a folder and I want to Sort By <date added to the folder>, what magical fucking arcane option am I supposed to choose? Like images for example, just want to order by date I added the image to the folder. You'd think Date Modified but nope.
>>
File: 1589691489083.png (16 KB, 493x402)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
Is it OK to pilfer from ewaste bins/receptacles, or is this considered theft
>>
>>101966645
Generally once they bring it out to the curb it's up for grabs.
>>
>>101966847
im talking more like an ewast receptacle you'd find in a mall or at a college
>>
I'm on W10, there's this one device that always shows up multiple times on bluetooth, as if it was different devices, and if I remove them they eventually show up again. What can I do?
>>
Anyone know How I can change the DPI of my gateway model MOAKUO mouse? google isn't much help
>>
>>101967338
it also happens on "devices and printers" and it doesn't matter if I remove them, they show up again
>>
Tried to flush DNS like someone suggested and images still don't load.
>>
File: 1552385273391.jpg (275 KB, 1294x1600)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
anyone here with rooted LineageOS and willing to help me go through the process?
>>
>>101967093
I assume you'd get rousted by the cops like a homeless guy fishing for aluminum cans in a Miami Starbucks.
>>
>>101966645
This could be an /int/ question, many questions here are.
It is technically theft but the people working there usually don't care or know.
t. west europe
>>
>>101967488
It's some kind of meme answer either memed purposely or just don't know networking.
>>
File: 11135.jpg (42 KB, 540x545)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
i've never done /g/ stuff before, but i found an old chromebook (asus c300) and got a live session of linux mint MATE on it. the only problem is, when i go to install it properly, it says i need 15.9 gb hard disk space, and i only have 15.8

is there a way to free up that last .1? do i try a different distro? it really chugs just opening the software manager...do i reinstall the chromeOS?
>>
>>101952914
How do you get pass the Personal Limits on a service on a website?
>>
File: ssd.png (143 KB, 673x565)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
At what point should I buy a new SSD? I bought this M2 SSD about 3 years ago and it's already at 91%.
As a reference, I bought a Crucial MX500 5 years ago and it's at 97%. Although it has the benefit of not being the main C:/ drive and used mostly for emulators and other stuff.
>>
i've been trying to create a simple 30gb torrent to send to a friend for ages now through qbittorrent. i've tried making it on a public tracker, using an embedded one with my IP and using it with a VPN IP, but no dice. im not concerned about anyone else seeing the file, i just wanna share it to him. wtf am i doing wrong?
>>
>>101968483
what program is this? looks cute and useful
>>
>>101962698
I don't really get it then. I know for sure I got the right characters, and I only ever see 4. Yet I always fail. Yet on this device, it's usually 5 I see and I usually get it right.
>>
>>101968296
it worked for me tho
>>
If I use BitLocker to encrypt a USB stick on Windows, do I need the Bitlocker service active every time I want to decrypt?
>>
>>101953334
you can create shortcuts to run bash scripts and whatnot if you want and basically use as an IDE if your bash skills are good enough. I use emacs personally for this kind of thing though because I learned it in college. I don't actually know any of the key commands in my head; it is entirely muscle memory, but it is good enough that I can format code and refactor.
>>
>>101968688
Well yeah, duh, how else could you decrypt the content.
Bitlocker-to-go recommends 2 partitions, one with bitlocker executable and the other encrypted.
>>
>>101959231
What happened? And are they safe?
>>
Would you sell/buy a semi-new Switch V2 with Smash Bros Ultimate Cartridge for 160 bucks?
>>
>>101966645
oh man, i used to raid the best buy ewaste bin everytime i visited the store, iphone and micro usb cables galore, people accumulate so many micro usb cables, dont abuse them and have too many and toss them out. android phone users will have guest leave iphone cables in their cars and at their houses, accumulate them and toss them. i found hdmi cables, i found n64 cables. i rarely even go to that store but when i did id always find a few things i needed in there. they got rid of the ewaste bin, prob cuase people like me and others throwing used needles and exploded batteries in there
>>
>>101966132
pressing once works fine for me. check your keybindings in the settings
>>
i picked up a small workstation that my job's IT was gonna throw out, and i want to use it as a seedbox so i stop clogging up my main pc with all my torrent shit
so my questions are
1) what is the preferred torrent client these days?
2) is there an easy way to just copy everything over without all my torrents getting broken
>>
>>101969119
qbittorrent although it's hard to say since /g/ only shits on software and never recommends any. there's also transmission. but if you've got one that can export all your torrents just keep using that, whatever it is.
And yeah, you can just copy over the entire directory structure without copying the files, then copying the actual files in the torrents. Using a shared folder will make this easier on you.
>>
File: 45sdfg4+.png (74 KB, 1353x710)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
What's the difference between "default track" flag and "froced track" flag? in mkvtoolnix?
>>
How come we never hear about a financial institution having a bug that results in them losing people’s money or their incorrectly updating their credit card balance or something bad like that? There was the thing with Google Cloud losing half of Australia’s pensions recently but that was Google’s fault so I’m not counting that
>>
File: 1698113138592453.jpg (230 KB, 1500x1500)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
I'm trying to set up split tunneling on my Pi so that only qbittorrent uses the VPN and jesus christ is my brain full of fuck.
No IP didn't update for some reason when my dynamic IP changed so I wasted time troubleshooting other shit before checking that (still not sure why my gateway didn't update). I run a Plex server on the same machine hence the need for split tunneling.
Thanks for reading my blog.
>mfw trying to set this shit up properly
>>
>>101967969
Just follow the guides. People use them even for things that aren't lineage,
It's scary, I know. You'll be fine.
>>
>>101952914
Has Yandex gotten shittier over the past couple years? It used to be the best reverse image search bar none, now it's like it doesn't even try to find a remotely similar image to what I put in. wtf happened?
>>
File: 135871948015.jpg (249 KB, 1500x2033)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
Anyone have preset settings for handbrake AV1 10-bit SVT encoding for anime? Planning on encoding a bunch of old webrips to save space then replacing them with bd rips when I get around hunting for them.
>>
>>101969790
>Split tunneling
The sooner you take big VPN's penis out of your mouth the best, just add the VPN to your network, ignore its routes then tell qbittorrent to use the VPN interface.
>>
>>101969452
Knight capital, also payment terminals get bugs all the time, recently there was a way to get some self checkout terminals to give you cash by just cancelling the transaction.
>>
>>101968483
When it fails, all of them, even chink ones self-lock into read only mode when they have too many bad sectors so your data is safe even if the drive goes bad.
>>
>>101969998
>just add the VPN to your network, ignore its routes then tell qbittorrent to use the VPN interface.
Would this require using a CLI version of the VPN?
I tried installing that initially but ran into an error and Proton seemed to be pushing the GUI version pretty hard so I just went with that.
>>
I believe my phone got a virus when I was rooted and now it's there forever, even after factory reset and relocking the bootloader
Some of the addresses my phone connects to, are these:
bam.nr-data.net
bam.cell.nr-data.net
bam.nr-data.net.cdn.cloudflare.net
prod-agic-bs-1.brazilsouth.cloudapp.azure.com
prod-atm-wds-apprep.trafficmanager.net
checkappexec.microsoft.com
digitalassetlinks.googleapis.com
play-fe.googleapis.com
matrix-pri-alisgp.alb.xiaomi.com

are any of these suspicious?
>>
>>101969916
>Planning on encoding a bunch of old webrips to save space
just delete them
>>
>open browser(1), open youtube
>watch video
>open browser(2) for work
>work for a while on (2)
>switch to 1, start video
>the whole youtube freezes, audio works but the whole page is frozen
>refresh
>same thing happens with every video
>close browser 2
>works fine now
what the fuck? how do i fix
>>
>>101952914
My asshole cousin somehow added the authenticator to my Reddit account that I made when I was bored. Normally I wouldn’t care but I hate him so how do I get it back?
>>
>>101971368
Wrench attack your cousin.
>>
is it better to have my speakers spaced far apart or close together?
>>
>>101971449
I wish
>>
File: vt904-1275419795.jpg (578 KB, 1600x1200)
578 KB
578 KB JPG
>>101960397
i'm not familiar with tile trackers, but from the stories i've heard, stolen cars tend to end up in the middle of nowhere
why not just get a normal cellular gps tracker unit? they aren't expensive. you can get "iot" simcards with just enough data for gps and similar use that cost very little, and you can have it send coordinates to a server you can run yourself such as traccar
>>
>>101970762
have more than 1gb of ram
>>
>>101971368
uh huh
sorry rajeesh but that account you used a password from a leak on is now secured, nothing you can do now
you shoulda done all you were trying to do before they saw the login from bangladesh in their history
>>
>>101971894
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>101971368
Option 1: Hang yourself you filthy NIGGER
Option 2: Make a new account you retarded monkey.
>>
>>101970165
That's just the shit your carrier pushes through the "sim app".
>>
https://github.com/tomer8007/whatsapp-web-incognito/issues/38
>Go to the developer page inside addons ff store
What is the link for this developer page inside addons ff store?
>>
How do I install a Chrome extension on Firefox and make it work?
>>
>>101969855
Yes. It's not really Russian anymore.
>>
File: 1.jpg (19 KB, 312x308)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Suppose i wanna monitor a folder for new files and process whenever a new one is added, so i need:
>program to read all files in folder
>store list of files in a file or db
>repeat the read each x minutes
>compare last read with previously read
>if last read contains more entries that prev, then send these entries to a queue
>have a subscriber for that queue that process each entry by calling another program or job
>>
File: ScreenshotTile.png (48 KB, 1080x931)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>101952914
For the last few days YouTube on Firefox Android with uBlock origin + background play fix extensions is not working anymore. Just spins loading forever. I tried clearing all app data and started Firefox fresh with just these 2 extensions + signed into YouTube to access my playlist, problem still exists with this minimal customization. I have to keep sharing the video URLs to newpipe which sucks and crashes all the time.

Fix it.
>>
>>101973186
If you on linux just use inotifywait, it can do this using the kernels built in inotify system, no need to reinvent that wheel.
>>
This is from the memory section of my motherboard.
I am currently using 1064MGz (15-15-15-36).
Is that causing problems or is it just really fucking slow RAM?
>>
>>101973230
oh my interest is in learning fundamentals rather than using a folder notification
>>
>>101973186
>>101973230
use watch or inotify
you can diff the contents or you can just look at creation/change dates and use the one since last run, so you only store a timestamp
or just run it every x minutes and only process files created in the intervall. depends how fast you need to process them.
>>
File: rockwell.jpg (184 KB, 594x768)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>101952914
my girlfriend runs photoshop and some other similar programs for her architecture work

she says her laptop ran them very slow so she now uses only her desktop

her laptop has a slightly faster cpu, a slightly worse gpu, and 16gb instead of 32gb. as far as i can tell, the two machines should be about equally powerful.

what could i be overlooking here, that makes her desktop run so much faster?
>>
>>101973305
RAM and GPU are the important factors here. the bigger the files, the more memory needed to keep it all without swapping from the SSD (I assume SSD, because otherwise there is your problem right there).
>>
>>101973268
Oh ok

Then your process can be as you described, or just keep things in memory instead of a file or database.

Just a simple array of file paths.

Every time it runs, generate a new array of paths and compare to the previous one. If a new item appears, process it. Then overwrite the array with the new one, for the next pass.

If you want to handle renamed files as "not new" track the inode number instead of just file path.
>>
File: SS4246.png (85 KB, 2219x225)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>101969821
the thing is, i found a bunch of guides and each of them is completely different but all of them say that if i mess something up, i'll brick it. i'm not sure which guide should i follow
>>
What software would you recommend to upscale videos nowadays? More specifically old grainy youtube videos.
>>
>>101973770
>upscale videos
no such thing
>>
>>101973770
something AI based for sure. waifu2x started doing videos but i never tried that
>>
How do powerbank capacities in mAh relate to typical laptop battery capacities in Wh? Seems like you'd have to divide by the voltage, but doesn't the voltage of batteries fluctuate based on charge? Is there a reliable way to compare an advertised powerbank size to my known laptop battery size?
>>
>>101973860
There is actually
>>101973770
Lanczos filter, ffmpeg
 ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -vf scale=1920:1080:flags=lanczos -c:a copy Output_Video_FHD.mp4

Works better on DVD rips, I've been upscaling my collection to UHD 4K.
>>
>>101973305
Could try manually configuring the page file to 8192MB, and disable start-up applications and services that aren't necessary.
>>
>>101970762
Make sure browsers are up to date, make sure system is up to date, reduce the video quality to 480p
>>
>>101952914

what does an NPU do in an "AI" PC? which vendor is producing the best NPUs?
>>
>>101975611
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/all-about-neural-processing-units-npus-e77a5637-7705-4915-96c8-0c6a975f9db4
>>
>>101975611
Runs neural network applications without sucking down the battery so much provided that the application was written with a computation method the OS, NPU, and it's driver all support.
>>
>>101972069
I don’t want to make an account I won’t use, I want to piss off my faggot cousin who is actually using it now.
>>
File: 1715803362569985.jpg (116 KB, 1079x1225)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
What's the /g/-approved text-to-speech solution? I want Scarlet Johansson to read me a news article. How can I make that happen?
>>
>>101973448
The one for your phone? https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/
AFAIK completely bricking your phone is not common nowadays, softbricking, yes, but all that means is you have to face the tedium of a factory reset
>>
>>101967969
>>101973448
When I last used LineageOS a few years ago, I remember Magisk was basically the end all be all solution, and all the other shit like SuperSU was obsolete. Odin, IIRC, was a samsung-specific thingy to root the stock rom or something like thuat, if you had a custom recovery already you didn't even need it.

But as I said I haven't used lineage in a few years and I vaguely remember something about the Magisk developer going MIA? Look around, basically keep in mind that Magisk was the main and by far the best rooting solution for a few years straight, so see if it's still updated or if there's a well trusted fork and if not then see if there's any widely used project labelled as the "successor".
>>
File: yt-dlp.png (25 KB, 536x285)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
genuinely stupid question, anyone know how these apps work? im looking to rip videos from certain sites (which they do) but for some fucking reason, both of these apps end up re-encoding my download files into formats that i didnt ask for. for example, if i pick mp4, the apps proceed to download shit just fine then all of a sudden i end up with a mkv file. i need these apps to stop encoding to diff formats because my tablet can NOT handle this process. it shows in the final product too: video "stutters" in certain spots during playback on diff devices. its not the video, its the tablet struggling to encode to a different format
>>
>>101975611
Probably Qualcomm, but they're still meme devices at this point.
>>
File: file.png (2.75 MB, 1920x1080)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB PNG
I was helping my mother set up her new computer. It's been flashing black for a brief second about every half hour so I updated the graphics card drivers, reset the computer, and yet it still continues to do this
There shouldn't be anything wrong with the graphics card and the drivers are up to date so I'm not sure what could be causing this if it's not the driver

Does anyone have any ideas? It doesn't seem like it should be a hardware issue
>>
>>101976958
did you look for a bios update
>>
I feel like web browser discussion is like ice cream flavor and everyone has their favorite, but which one is the best in the current year? I've been using Firefox for over a decade now, but a friend recommended me to switch over to Brave, and another one to Waterfox. What's up with that?
>>
>>101977024
define "best" fucking retard
>>
>>101977062
adjective: best
of the most excellent, effective, or desirable type or quality.
"the best pitcher in the league"
>>
>>101977070
gotcha. best browser then is ____
>>
I bought one of those Lenovo thinkcentre mini workstations from a buddy of mine for $100, seemed like a good deal, they usually sell for higher online
Dude's kinda shady though. I figure his department marked it as ewaste and he swiped it instead of shipping it out to wherever they send that shit
So I'm worried about this thing trying to phone home the minute I connect it to the internet. Is it enough to just completely wipe + format the hard drive and install Ubuntu to get rid of any tattletale shit
>>
>>101977099
Brave
>>
>>101977345
Might as well, I would toss lmde on it personally
>>
I bought a cheap office chair a few years ago and it was working fine until recently. It starts to sink after a few hours of use and I have to put it back up when I need to use it again.
I remember reading a story about some Chinese kid getting killed by one of those gas cylinder chairs a few years ago and now I'm a little worried. Is it safe to keep using it?
>>
bump cause i know you fuckers use ytdlp

>>101976665
>>
>>101977604
i use yt-dlp, but i don't recognise the apps in your picture
>>
File: 1608584481426.gif (1.51 MB, 320x240)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB GIF
My basement got flooded and my external hdd connected to my homelab server got completely submerged...
I gave it +2 days to dry but it doesnt spin or do anything when I connect it to a pc...
Is it fucked beyond repair?
>>
>>101977410
Why?
>>
>>101977661
did you take it apart? no way it's drying out any time soon if it's still fully assembled
not the bare hdd itself of course
>>
How do I make some apps have priority notifications? I noticed that some apps vibrate my phone and others do literally nothing. There's this specific app that I want to make it so my phone vibrates, the screen turns on, idk it screams on me, I just want to avoid missing notifications from this specific app
I'm using the latest samsung android btw, what do I do?
>>
>>101977717
Figure it out.
>>
>>101977726
Yeah I took the plastic cover apart. Didnt take apart metal casing for the actual hdd.
>>
>>101977747
Privacy, Adblocking and being open source?
>>
>>101977752
if water got into the hdd itself then it's probably over (all hdd's have a hole in the case for pressure equalisation, though there is an air filter in the way as well)
if it were me i would remove the circuit board from the hdd and clean it with alcohol since even dried water can leave behind conductive contaminants
>>
What is the best way to copy over the entire contents of a drive to a new one and maintain shortcuts/installed software in windows? If I just copy all files over, remove the original and change the drive letter on the second drive to the original letter, will that work or will windows 'helpfully' update shorcuts?
>>
Need some networking advice. I'm getting Fiber week ( 2 Gigabit Up and Down ), what are my options for routers, or a switch/access point combo. I want to be able to set up a Plex Server as well. I wired up Cat 6e into all my rooms so that's covered. Suggestions? I prefer not to do a whole bunch of configuring because I'm not going to pretend I'm T2/T3 IT but I've done some basic port forwarding and FTP server setup. Would prefer to keep the hardware under $500 if possible, but can definitely look at getting more expensive stuff to future proof if it makes sense
>>
>>101977812
Yeah i think there was water inside the actual hdd itself. I heard water slushing around when i was taking apart the plastic cover.
Ill still try to wipe the thing with alcohol but i think its over.
>>
>>101952914
How do you invite someone to a private discord server that isn't yours?
>>
>>101977839
There are lots of hidden partitions and system files that you cannot copy while the system is running, the registry is also a big pain in the ass when it comes to make programs portable.
The best way has always been to boot into a Linux livecd, use dd to clone the drive and gparted to move and grow partitions around if the new drive is bigger.
>>
>>101978012
to me his post sounds like he's talking about a non-system volume
>>
>>101978003
Check your permissions and see if you can generate an invite link.
>>
What do you use to store/organize cables? I have a bunch of HDMI cables just shoved everywhere. Some of them being extra long.
>>
>>101952914
Why aren’t the images showing?
>>
Navy shirt over olive pants: yay or nay?
>>
Is there something like Calibre but for music on my phone? Android btw.
>>
>>101978012
>>101978026
yeah, this isn't a system drive, just swapping out an old HDD. It's mostly used for storing media & downloads, but there are a few programs and games installed on the drive which I'd like to keep working without having to reinstall or manually replace shortcuts.
>>
What's the best gui for yt-dlp? I genuinely cannot and will not be bothered to learn command line shit. Pythonshitters need not reply at all, not installing your trash libraries.
>>
>>101976228
already followed their official wiki guide. it's confusing and also doesn't support my model anymore. that's part of why i'm struggling
>>101976642
from what i see here
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk
it's still being managed
>>
>>101978460
Depends on the exact combination of objects and your own appearance.
I'd tell you to go to >>>/fa/ but they'd probably just say nothing is cool and you're stupid for considering anything ever just like we do about computers.
>>
>>101978597
What's hard about adding --video-multistreams before a link?
>>
>>101978403
New server, change DNS and flush DNS cache
>>
>>101978766
Who said anything about it being hard? I said that I wasn't interested.
>>
Whats the next bistro to jump to after ubuntu? Debian? I want a distro to drive everyday but doesnt use a lot of resources.
>>
>>101968538
One of the alt editions of CrystalDiskInfo
>>
Is there a way I can create a new account on windows but have the onboard sensors disabled? Like for example, make a guest account but GPS, camera and mic are disabled.
>>
>>101971368
Get his phone and use it to remove the authenticator from the account or change it to yours
>>
>>101952914
I need help fixing my userChrome.css and userContent.css on firefox, I'm using treestyletabs and firefoxgx and one of the two, probably firefoxgx, put this menu button where the operagx game corner would go, but I removed the top tab display so that only treestyletabs shows my tabs.

also the back, forward, and refresh buttons are all black on black

I remember the absolute bare minimum about programming/web dev, was in a programming club in highschool and they taught jack shit.

heres the current files
userChrome.css
https://pastebin.com/TVkBmtWt

userContent.css
https://pastebin.com/AsWtL8m1
>>
>>101979178
forgot pic, sleep deprived. don't care what address is being displayed, too lazy to blur
>>
>>101978597
Any of them will do
>>
>>101979178
I've decided to delete treestyletabs and the code associated with it instead

now the only issue is firefoxgx and the black on black icons, which is in ogx_root-personal.css in the mozilla/profiles/insertnameofprofile.default folder, and I'm not finished reading the guide/file
>>
Dunno where to ask this question. I've been heavily using Steelseries 310 Sensei for 6 years and even though I like it, I know its lifespan will end some day. I'm left-handed, my hands are smaller (I wear small size gloves) and I live in EU, what left-handed or ambidextrous mouse would you recommend me (for general purposes and gaming, I'm playing numerous genres from FPS to strategies)? I'm not sure about Steelseries Sensei Ten since I've seen some mixed reviews, dunno would Razer Naga left-handed edition be too large for my hand or if it's better to get Razer Viper mini/V2/V3... Any suggestion is appreciated, I'm looking for a wired mouse (or wireless if it can be connected via cable), budget is hopefully up to 130e but it can be stretched if a mouse is a long-lasting investment and worth the price.
>>
Is it better to get a monitor stand with three arms or a combination of a single + double, or even triple single arms?
>>
>>101980313
Depends on your monitors and desk situation, but if you can avoid the clutter of multiple arms, try to do so.
>>
File: 1717011074088676.webm (2.13 MB, 612x1088)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB WEBM
>>101952914
>Mega account free has 20GB
>Have torrents well over 20 GB
>I can theoretically make an infinite amount of email accounts, which by extension means I can make theoretically an infinite amount of 20GB free accounts

What's the catch? Is this feasible?
>>
>>101978597
you can write a batch file or a few and just execute it/them. or ask someone here to do it for you
>>
anons pls libgen download mirrors have been down over weekend until now in my eastern european country. I tried different ISPs and different mirrors. Pls help
>>101956358
>way too power hungry
its PoE power rating
unless you connect a 10-20W device on each port, the stuff should draw power like ordinary switch ie 5-10W per switch
>>
I installed stable diffusion, got my weights from huggingface, but getting horrible results

im not using gfpgan for face cleanup, but is it necessary? feels like im doing something very wrong here

not using lora yet either

what am i doing wrong ai wizards?
>>
>>101980487
>getting my IP banned from MEGA speedrun challenge
also micdonardu

>>101980736
zlib
>>
File: image.png (604 KB, 1410x1040)
604 KB
604 KB PNG
>>101980794
forgot to attach
>>
is mickeyd's really the only place that offers open wifi? surely other places must have it.. i know walmart does but i refuse to go any further because they require a full account setup
>>
>>101980813
>.ckpt

My good man, You have so much to learn

First of all the more you are using is old as shit. Like two or three years old come up which is ancient and both tech years but especially in the AI field. Go to a site called Civitai and download some realism SD1 models. They're typically between two and four gigs in size. Do not try to download any other kind of model, direct probably can't handle XL and especially cannot handle Flux.

Head to >>>/g/sdg or >>>/g/ldg if you have further questions.

Tldr your image looks like shit because your model is shit. It's not even in the correct file format to allow training
>>
>>101980869
im on my way there, i got stable diffusion in first place so i can put this (https://civitai.com/models/562557?modelVersionId=626703) in there, if its only the model causing this then ill figure out how to import safetensors and keep trying, thanks
>>
How does DPI work with TLS?
>>
>>101980975
.ckpt straight up will not work on most insulations. It's out of date. Obsolete. Sd 1.4 is probably the shittiest AI model You could possibly be using right now. There is no reason you should be trying to use it in the first place. V 1.5 is on Civitai so just use that one. It's the closest one to v 1.4 but actually gets kind of sorta okay ish outputs compared to 1.4

https://civitai.com/models/62437/v1-5-pruned-emaonly

This is not me saying "hur dur you must CONSOOOOM the latest tech" (You can't really consume this because it's free), I mean tomorrow you used in that picture straight up does not work as a reliable model anymore. You probably couldn't even train a good Lora off of it Even if you manage to convert it to safetensors
>>
>>101981116
and ill go from 1.4 to 1.5 by getting newer .ckpt right? im starting to get it

captcha: G0DX
>>
>>101980831
there's gated wifi at kroger
>>
My desktop connection through Mullvad has been consistently shitting itself lately, and (though probably unrelated) my mobile's one keeps disconnecting itself and not reconnecting until I tell it to as well.
Has something happened to them lately? It's been incredibly reliable up until the last couple of weeks or so
>>
>>101971368
I have a similar issue where I used a disposable email account to make an account and somebody did the exact same thing. I reset the password and found it locked through Authentication. That’s what I get for using a public service though
>>
Weirdly, Shift browser was installed automatically on a PC. Any idea where it came from?
>>
>>101981970
probably the internet bro
>>
Do I need a Crucial USB-C to USB-A Adapter for my Crucial X10 portable ssd drive.
My computer doesn't have usb-c ports
Currently using an Xiaomi usbc to usba cable
The speed shows as 38megabytes max
Is that normal
Manufacturer claims 2,100 megabytes per second (MB/s) for reading and 2,000 MB/s for writing. But that's not the same thing I reckon
>>
Whenever I play online games, after about 30 minutes, my ping would go to 300 from 100 for no fucking reason until I reset my internet connection or restart the game. Any clue why that happens?
>>
>>101982726
idk, but my ping slides around 100ms to 6000ms (6 thousand) eveery fucking day and I hate it
>>
>>101983439
wtf lmao
Also I would turn on 1.1.1.1 and it'd route me through Hongkong, which depends on the game server it would improve the ping a bit, but then it still jumps to 300 anyway????
>>
>>101981054
Dots per inch is related to physical resolutions and transport layer security is related to encryption.
How do you "work" these?
>>
>>101978958
Just go for Arch, it's what you eventually want anyway. Assumed you want to stick to the basic binary package model you already know.
(that's what most want, it's super simple concept to grasp)
>>
File: tracert-windows.png (8 KB, 589x503)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>101983530
Do a traceroute and see where it happens.
>>
>>101978923
"Bothered to learn" when talking about literal one parameter kind of makes it look like you said it's hard.
I'm fairly sure nobody's going to make that into a GUI as there's no money in that piece of software. (kinda why in the Linux world shit is like that)
>>
>>101977866
What tech does it use? If it's something you can straight up plug into a PC, I'd definitely do a router PC.
>>
File: 1661648013645625.jpg (498 KB, 1809x2048)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
>>101976665
idk who's the seal but they could be seen as scraping tools. They kind of are.
>some guys figure out the technical details on how YouTube streams video to the end user
>writes a program that taps into these Application Protocol Interfaces (API) somewhere out there on Google's servers
Sounds all technical but API in general could be simple as doing http://user:pass@address/blah where user:pass are your credentials, address is the address and blah is your request.
DynamicDNS among other things updates like that.
>Google hates this and changes the way their APIs work
>your Google-Scraping-Program has to be rewritten
Taps into something that doesn't want to be tapped. If Google wanted that they'd offer all the material in basic directory listing anyway.
>>
>>101970701
bd rips don't magical show up overnight
>>
>>101977604
yt-dlp does not reencode anything by default
>>
>>101976665
>>101977604
mkv is a container format. By default, yt-dlp will download the best quality video stream and best quality audio stream - separately. Then it just packs them into an mkv container. It doesn't re-encode anything, the original streams are right there inside the mkv.
Just explore the options (with --help); I think you can disable the mkv creation, in which case you'd end up with two files, one with video one with audio. You can also pick a different format - some of them will have both sound and video available in the same stream, it might just not necessarily be the best quality for either.
You can add a config file to set the options as default for yt-dl(p).

I have no idea what the apps are that you're using, but that's how yt-dlp works. And in any case, anything that creates an mkv is not going to be re-encoding anything, it's just going to be shoving the existing data into the container which is very fast and cheap.
>>
>>101952914
Any good free VPNs? Or ways to hide your ip that don't cost money?
>>
File: 1700314129055233.jpg (41 KB, 1697x348)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
I'm sure this is a more stupid question than this board usually sees but I'm technically illiterate and buying a phone for the first time in like 8 years. I'm looking at a 1TB phone from Samsung, what does pic related mean? That despite being advertised as 1TB only ~500gb are actually available for personal use with apps/files/etc. while the rest has pre-installed unremovable bloatware or what?
>>
File: 1693295206885065.jpg (26 KB, 720x716)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>101984723
*technologically illiterate
>>
how do i cool my balls off when i need to sit in front of a computer all day
>>
How can people who never turn their pc off go without ever cleaning it?
>>
File: 1537165018769.jpg (88 KB, 750x586)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>101984777
Checked. Shave + fan.
>>101984975
Air intake filters.
>>101984673
>ways to hide your ip that don't cost money?
Tor and i2p obviously.
>>
>>101984997
>Air intake filters.
but even those eventually get clogged with fine dust
>>
>>101985067
Nothing a vacuum cleaner can't fix.
>>
>>101952914
HTMLElement.prototype.scrollIntoView = function() {};
works for normal scrollintoview, but not for those coming from an extension. How prevent a extension's scrollintoview ?
>>
>>101980487
what even is the goal?
>>
>>101984565
it will only make an mkv if it has to, namely if you pick two formats which don't both fit in .mp4 nor .webm
so like vp9/av1 + opus will end up in .webm, h.264 and aac will end up in .mp4, but say, h.264 + opus or vp9 + aac will end up in .mkv, since .mkv can handle any combination, while .webm/.mp4 are more constrained
the use of .mkv won't have any playback performance impact however, since as you said, it's not a different video format, only a different container
>>
>>101952914
What are some good ways to hide your ip when you want to get more of a free service or just to be an asshole without getting doxxed?
>>
>>101985473
tor, random free socks proxies
>>
>>101971368
>>101981612
This place hates Reddit so you aren’t going to get help here
>>
Is there a way I can make a backup not of a directory but of the directories structure itself? For example
folder1 -> a.txt b.txt
folder2 -> c.txt
~create directory structure backup backup.whatever~
mv folder1/a.txt folder2/a.txt
folder1 -> b.txt
folder2 -> c.txt a.txt
~run backup.whatever~
folder1 -> a.txt b.txt
folder2 -> c.txt

All the files are unchanged, it would be like taking a picture of a library and organizing all the books but having a reference point if you needed to go back to the original organization
>>
whats the best way to batch convert a fold of png files to jpg? any command line tools i could use and make a .bat file? something i can double click
>>
File: 4chanx.jpg (29 KB, 592x240)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
4chanX breaks the captcha on firefox
any way to fix this?
>>
>>101980487
Transfer caps per IP and per account, free plan data speed limits. They already did the math in this.
>>
File: exampl.png (16 KB, 828x1063)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
I need to print a book pdf but I only have like 50 a4 papers. How can I make it so I print 4 pages at a time per a4 paper?
>>
>>101986286
>open in firefox
>Ctrl+P
>select: pages per sheet: 4
>>
What's even the goal of youtube bots? Half the comments on the website are from accounts with random fake profile names with naked/almost naked women profile pictures, and they just say stuff like
>She is so humble! She is the best creator to exist on this platform~~~!
on a video featuring zero women about a burger joint going out of business or something. No links to buy crap, no sub to my onlyfans, no "check out my channel too!", literally nothing. The only thing I see when people are discussing this is
>they're training AI models bro what are ya dumb or something?
but that makes no sense, they're not intelligent, they don't interact with anyone and their little messages are (I guess literally) NPC tier so the only stimulus they get is people calling them a bot.
>>
>>101986986
People still buy subs, views and comments, and bot farmers tend to add a lot of noise so Youtube's algorithms don't immediately single out their customers.
>>
>>101952914
I have a bunch of ebook cookbooks. Is there a way to extract individual recipes as PDFs?
>>
>>101980736
Same here in North America. All mirrors down, no matter the browser. i've also tried tor.
>>101978503
VLC media player
>>
>>101987095
print to pdf
>>
>>101986286
it's a common feature in print dialogues to have a "pages per sheet" or similar option
>>
>>101982105
bump
>>
are there any vpns that offer access to specific cities? or states perhaps?
are there any other ways of spoofing an ip to appear to be from a specific city?
>>
My phone is connecting to these websites as soon as I turn wifi on
alt7-mtalk.google.com
alt7.mobile-gtalk.l.google.com
mtalk.google.com
mtalk.google.com
mobile-gtalk.l.google.com

Should I be worried? Someone on reddit said these urls are not being used by google anymore
>>
What are some unpopular programming language that no one learns anymore these days that you can find a job for? COBOL?
>>
Does a monitor converting YCbCr to RGB cause any problems like latency or ghosting/smearing? Is it just the potential color banding issue?
What about fringing on text, since YCbCr causes that will it carry over to the converted output?
>>
Any good python library to handle network interfaces? (fetch name, set to dhcp / static IP)
>>
>>101984723
Yeah that's really weird. Normally it's exactly as you describe - the OS itself takes up space, plus yes pre-installed bloatware - but it seems inconcievable that those would take up >500GB of space, leaving you with less than half of the 1TB. So I honestly have no clue.
>>
>>101984975
My PC is full of dust and spider webs. It's never caused a problem.
>>
what is the easiest way to archive an entire youtube channel, preferably with the description but not a requirement? is there a script for yt-dlp or anything easy like that?
>>
>>101989407
yt-dlp --write-description --write-info-json --write-thumbnail --all-subs --format best -ciw -o "%(uploader)s/%(title)s.%(ext)s" https://www.youtube.com/c/CHANNEL_NAME

>--write-description: Downloads the video description.
>--write-info-json: Saves all metadata about the video in a .json file.
>--write-thumbnail: Downloads the thumbnail image of the video.
>--all-subs: Downloads all available subtitles.
>--format best: Downloads the best quality available.
>-ciw: Continues downloading if errors are encountered, ignores videos already downloaded, and writes metadata.
>-o "%(uploader)s/%(title)s.%(ext)s": Saves videos in a directory named after the channel uploader with the video title as the filename.

Replace CHANNEL_NAME with the actual name or URL of the channel.
>>
>>101989636
Don't forget to set a min and max sleep interval, otherwise youtube will ban your IP address for the obvious automated activity.
>>
>>101989764
Good catch. Maybe add:
--sleep-interval 30-60
>>
>>101989636
thank you based anon, much appreciated
>>
>>101983633
run a bit of winmtr and I /think/ it's bcs of my ISP? if I'm reading that right.
that fucking sucks lmao
>>
is there a 4chanX for the archive sites like desuarchive?
it's pretty annoying to try and follow a thread when clicking on a reply scrolls you to it
all I kinda want is the "inline replies on click"
>>
I want to build a gaming pc but don't know where to start. I have a motherboard somewhere my dad gave me
>>
I've got a nokia x100, and it's running android 11. I think android 11 has reached EOL in 2023. Should I attempt to update to android 14, or would that brick the phone? I mostly just watch youtube videos and play summoners war and browse the web with brave browser. Are custom roms still worth using in 2024? How do I know what my phone can support?
>>
>>101952914
What's the smallest monitor I can get with a 1080p resolution (US)?
>>
>>101990279
Well, start with the motherboard. First find the thing and tell us what it is so we can get an idea of what you can do with it.
>>101990492
Why don't you go on newegg and use the filters and see?
>>
>>101990492
smallest, you say?
>>
File: display for ants.jpg (23 KB, 700x700)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>101990670
>>101990492
>>
File: heh.jpg (74 KB, 1125x1047)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>101990670
Appreciate your effort,
>>101990711
but you see, i am not an ant.
I meant in terms of a proper computer monitor.
>>
>>101990670
Usecase?
>>
>>101990836
there's an application section in that picture
there's also a dual-output driver it's really intended to be used with, it's for things like head-mounted displays

>>101990822
>I meant in terms of a proper computer monitor.
i know, but while that was obviously not what you intended, it does also demonstrate that you can get displays of about any size, so you have to be more specific
>>
whatever happened to the quake engine guy? He used to make daily threads about his game and his hate for blender foundation. Now I see he's gone completely.
>>
>>101990944
Need a small monitor for my computer. Regular day to day use. I was wondering how low could I go in term of size wise when it comes to a 1920x1080p monitor, as below 21.45 inch, 1080p monitors are hard to come by, all being 1366x768. So, could you help me with that?
>>
>>101990344
I tried to update using DSU loader and now my phone is bricked. How do I proceed?
>>
is there a way to sync the various cloud hosts with each other? e.g. if I want to sync dropbox with my mediafire, how do I do that?
>>
>>101991142
at the risk of sounding unhelpful again, can you describe why you want a really small monitor for a desktop?
i ask because say if your aim is something that can fit on a small desk or otherwise use little desk space, i would suggest perhaps looking for a 5:4 monitor instead. like i have a 19" 5:4 1280x1024 second monitor next to a 24" 16:9 1920x1080 monitor on my desk, there's not enough space for two 24"ers, and if i put a 16:9 monitor in its' place it would be absolutely tiny, while with this 5:4 one, the display is about the same height (300mm versus 293mm) while being 377mm wide versus 522mm wide. 1600x1200 is also a common resolution for later ones
>>
>>101991429
>1600x1200
because he's not a fucking poorfag
>>
I want to migrate my ChatGPT account data (like chats and stuff) to a new account, my initial account had my Google account tied to it so I want to change that to a throwaway email
Is there any way to do something like that?
>>
>>101952914
I'm downloading galleries on pixiv using gallery-dl and it seems like the `--write-info-json` flag is useless? It's content is similar to the output of `--write-metadata` of the latest download image and it's content always gets replaced by the metadata of the latest downloaded file since it's filename is just "info.json". Also, is there a way to download the pixiv comments?
>>
File: ZoloLogo-sweetness.jpg (136 KB, 900x641)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
Will anons watch my attempt at making /g/-related videography? https://rumble.com/v5blt8j-lets-browse-g-prologue.html
>>
File: IMG_20240820_161009.jpg (505 KB, 1440x1080)
505 KB
505 KB JPG
Is it dangerous to use a microwave in this condition?
>>
>>101992282
if there's holes or thin sections because of rusting, that could compromise the shielding the metal box provides from the microwave energy contained in it
if you don't want to replace it, i would carefully inspect the rusted surfaces for thin sections or holes, if there are none, you could sand it back. i'm not sure what you could use to seal the sanded metal that is safe from heat and microwaves
but honestly, just get a new one, or better-condition second-hand one, it's not really worth the effort
>>
>>101985536
:(
>>
>>101952914
What are some good vpns for the iPhone?
>>
My laptop has a 8850H and with max fan speed in a 28C room it's running at around 48C just browsing the web. The laptop is physically elevated so there's airflow going under it.
Does this temperature seem about right? I've repasted the CPU myself with no improvement. I don't know if I may have repasted wrong.
>>
File: 1.png (134 KB, 594x495)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
This practice question is using bad information, isn't it? 192.168.0.192 isn't a valid address in a /26 subnet, right?
>>
File: am i retarded yes.jpg (31 KB, 620x413)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>101984565
>>101985450
pretty sure it reencodes to mkv. at least the android apps do. i know this because i sat there watched both apps give me notifications that the downloads were done but when i opened up the system file manager, both apps were reencoding to a different format. there was a mp4 file listed under "temp" and then there was a mkv file

PS. actually, i think what happened is that one of the apps, ytdlnis, downloaded both tracks separately and smashed them together. that means that this process is what kills the tablet performance wise.

PSS. NOPE. okay so i got it. its not the process of reencoding or smashing both tracks together or the cheap tablet itself.. its the ACTUAL fucking video itself that stutters. i checked another video i downloaded and yep, the source video "stutters" and its awfully noticeable when the camera pans from one end to the other. especially on the vrr display but the cheapo tablet looks alright. fuck me. well, something ill have to get used to
>>
>>101993421
it doesn't "reencode" to mkv, it remuxes to mkv, all it's doing it combining the video and audio into a single mkv, this process does not change the video or audio (which is what reencoding does)
what container the streams are in has no effect on their playback performance, if a video stutters, it's for another reason, like perhaps you're downloading vp9/av1 video streams and your device isn't fast enough for that or doesn't have a hardware decoder for them
in terms of ease-of-decoding with youtube videos, it goes;
H.264/AVC - very old codec, easy to decode, i don't think there even exists an android device that doesn't support this since it predated android by several years, though higher resolutions may not be supported by very old android devices
VP8 - not sure how common hardware decoders are for this, but doesn't require a very powerful cpu otherwise
VP9 - more expensive on a cpu (i.e. no hardware decoder), i believe hardware decoders for this are more common on android devices that aren't very old
AV1 - only very recent devices have hardware decoders for this
vp9 is the most common format available right now for youtube videos. if your device consistently struggles with downloaded youtube videos, then it probably doesn't have a hardware decoder for vp9, consider downloading h.264/avc format streams instead (lower quality) or lower resolutions
>>
>>101993384
it is, /26 or 192 in mask means the top 2 bits is part of the subnet and the last 6 bits is the address
basically, this subnet starts at 192 and goes until 255
it could also be 0, 64, and 128, but nothing else because it'd use the address section
>>
>>101993572
>if a video stutters, it's for another reason, like perhaps you're downloading vp9/av1 video streams and your device isn't fast enough for that or doesn't have a hardware decoder for them
nigga i just went back and looked at the timestamps where the downloaded video stuttered and its present in the source video. i already said it in the final note that its not anything related to the apps or hardware but the actual video. quit assuming shit i already figured it out
>>
>>101993685
oh i see, i thought you meant the non-remuxed video on its' own stutters, rather than the muxed mkv
>>
>>101952914
How can I sync my firefox profile data between computer without using third-party servers? I want to self-host and I refuse to give my browsing data to Mozilla or any other company. Should also work for firefox on android.
>>
File: 56666666666666.jpg (54 KB, 546x617)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
How do I add "javax.xml.bind.Messages" to Java?

Android's sdkmanager requires it but it isn't bundled with Java any more...
>>
>>101993907
https://github.com/mozilla-services/syncstorage-rs
run your own firefox sync server
>>
>>101993685
Please be patient. My autisticbros are not capable of comprehending what they read.
>>
File: 1723586090589400.png (1.66 MB, 1758x2001)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
The retards at mozilla decided I should no longer be able to have 6 rows with slots for pinned tabs on about:newtab so I could group them to my linking. Changing
>browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.topSitesRows
to more than the default 4 does nothing. Does anyone know what to change to fix it, or have some keywords I can use for research?

I could most likely do a ghettofix by adding a bunch of ,null, entries to
>browser.newtabpage.pinned
but I'd rather have an actual fix.
>>
namespace SpaceGame;
public enum Color { Red, Green, Blue, Yellow }
public class Point { /* ... */ }

>This version comes after any using directives but before any type definitions. Unfortunately,
you cannot use this version in the file containing your main method.
namespace learn;

class Program
{
private static void Main(string[] args)
{
Console.WriteLine("Why not?");
}
}

works for me, what am i missing?
>>
Why does my internet sometimes go to shit if I connect my computer (either by wifi or ethernet)? It happens around noon, and sometimes the connection doesn't come back until 10pm. Torrents still work (kinda) but actualy browsing the web becomes impossible.
If I keep my PC completely unplugged from the internet, everything works fine.
>>
>>101994009
bump, how does java even work...
>>
>>101994735
ur isp is getting ready to fuck you in the ass
>>
>>101952914
How do IP bans work? I once got banned and all attempts on my phone were blocked, even when I went outside or was on a different Wi-Fi. But my laptop was fine when on a different WiFi. I cleared the cookies but nothing changed.
>>
I am stupid and meant to ask this for a while. I have a 1TB Kingston Fury Renegade M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 NVME (L 7300MB/s ; S 6000MB/s).
I am currently installing a video game and task manager (and steam) give me writing speeds of from 200 - 600 MB/s.
why is that? I also used benchmarking tools before and I was nowhere near 6000 MB/s.
What am I missing?
>>
putting together new rig and it won't display anything (neither on discrete nor dedicated GPU). does gigabyte b650 eagle ex need bios update to run Ryzen 7700?
>>
>>101995269
Read the CPU support sheet on their website
>>
>>101995006
>up to
Read a review of any NVMe drive and see what reasonable performance looks like.
>>
>>101994016
thanks
>>
File: 5.jpg (17 KB, 300x300)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>101994009
>>101994811
how the FUCK do you install modules in java???

jdk-22.0.2\lib\modules (a file not a folder) seems to contain "javax.xml.bind" so how do i extract/install/use it? been searching forever now and finding no explanation
>>
>>101995598
ngmi
>>
My audio just randomly stops working sometimes. It happens like once a week. Only a restart will fix it. Ideas? I thought about updating my drivers, can I just use these even though they don't mention Win11: https://www.realtek.com/Download/List?cate_id=593&menu_id=298

The ones from my mainboard manufacturer's page produced a weird issue with loud cracking noises.
>>
>>101990077
I remember spookyx, not sure if still works.
>>
>>101995611
twat
>>
>>101996256
Retard, he isn't wrong. Ngmi desu
>>
>>101994164
On further investigation, it turns out fiddling with topSitesRows does work. But some braindead idiot decided tiles should no longer be visible unless there's something pinned to them, so empty tiles can no longer be used as separators. How do I get the empty tiles back.

pls respond
>>
>>101996198
holy shit, many many thanks
works super well, just what I needed
>>
how to set up a printer on mac?
is it like windows where you'd want to go to the manufacturer's website and download 200mb of bloatware, OR, can you just add the pritner's IP in settings and it finds a driver and just werks?
>>
Did a clean wipe of my SSD and reinstalled Windows. Are they any /g/ endorsed guides out there that makes the Windows experience less aids and bloated?
>>
What the fuck is this "t" program I keep seeing for a few seconds that prevents my computer from shutting down???
>>
File: 1391805704496.jpg (619 KB, 1280x1707)
619 KB
619 KB JPG
In theory (or practice) would a nintendo switch emulator run extra well on a macbook because they're both ARM-based? Compared to an x86 machine which would require extra steps. or am I not thinking about this correctly
>>
I'm looking for a way to automate the cropping of a batch of images. Each image contains a grey rectangle whose position and size vary, but the upper left corner of the rectangle inside is consistent across all images (and unique).

It's impossible to automate that, isn't it?
>>
>>101996283
samefagging twat
>>
when and how did 1tb usb drives become as small as 2gb usb thumb drives?
>>
>>101997428
you can write custom software to crop it but i doubt there's an easy-to-find and already-made program to do that
>>
I just got my hands on an old celeron laptop and I'd like to turn it into some sort of always-on host, I'd like to run PiHole, a search engine (searx or 4get i dunno), Invidious and anything else I can think of.
What is the best way to approach this? Installing something like Debian then setting up each service using Docker? I've heard about Docker many many times but never looked into it, sounds pretty annoying to setup. Any (written) resources on that would be appreciated.
>>
>>101997428
My non-exhaustive 5 second research doesn't suggest it supports automation, but Imagemagick might be what you're looking for. A lot of comicbook rippers use it for various purposes, so I'd be surprised if there isn't a way to automate things.
There's a fork called Graphicmagick too, but I never see that mentioned so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>101997887
I did find ImageMagick but my search indirectly said that the coordonnates where necessary, but it seems that I might be wrong if it's used for comics

I will check that and the fork, thanks
>>
>>101997613
Didn't find a straightforward library to do it and I would rather avoid to use several of them
>>
>>101952914
I want to use umami to track website traffic, how many users can a small hetzner vserver take? if that one is only for umami? I guess it's all about Postgres injection but let's say my site goes viral on hackernews how many clicks can it handle? like a rough number? I have no idea how taxing a lot of traffic actually is and want to size the server for that
>>
ok i have a windows PC at my parents house that has decent specs (64gb ram + 3080)

and i want to deploy a GO application to it

I want to deploy it using linux with an identical environment to what i can run on my macbook pro, and my nvidia jetson nano, and the cloud.

Ideally i would use a SSH client like tailscale to network with it.

should i use a VM and a hypervisor like proxmox?

That way if things break i can just rollback to a different VM

This looks pretty cool - https://tailscale.com/blog/remote-gpus-docker-wsl2-immich

I've been using linux for about 20 years, not really used to windows but i figure if i keep a windows host and the computer goes down, i can ask my mom to reboot the server and maybe double click proxmox and click run or something or remote desktop in.
>>
>>101998694
To elaborate: Been doing WebGL and robotics for 15 years, and i want to write some educational materials for hobbyist/homebrew robotics people because i think in the next 3-4 years you can build something really great for under $1000 that can like clean your house and keep your cat entertained or even feed a stray cat.

kinda like https://setosa.io/#/ or https://distill.pub/
but using observableHQ and has connections to real hardware like https://webviz.io/
>>
Anyone familiar with mp4box and ffmpeg? I'm trying to figure out why two files produced from identical ffmpeg invocations (with different input files) wouldn't be able to be concatenated by mp4box without it also creating a separate audio track?
>>
Any interesting PCI/e cards to add to my computer? I like embedded systems development, so I was thinking of trying to invest in a nicer FPGA card that could be flashed remotely over PCIe (or just powered via PCIe and flashed over USB). But generally speaking, aside from a GPU and USB port expander, what do you guys do with extra PCIe slots?
>>
Anyone familiar with Newtab Override?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/new-tab-override/

Can I organize pinned bookmarks like pic related?

inb4
>try it
I have fucked around with about:config extensively, and I don't want to risk fucking that up if I can avoid it. Mainly because I never wrote down half of the shit I've changed over the years.
>>
>>101986044
imagemagick and a for loop
>>
I posted this in /pcbg/ before realizing it may be a better fit here:

I bought a refurbished GPU to replace my old one and while it seems to work fine (everything that is supposed to light up lights up and fans are spinning) when I installed it I couldn't get my monitor to work.
I tried plugging the monitor in to my motherboard's HDMI slot and it still didn't work. This remained true when I removed the card entirely so the only display option would have been the integrated GPU. Monitor runs fine on the old GPU when I switched it back in.

I'm prepared to contact the seller and raise a stink but I wanted to confirm that it's not a problem on my end/with my monitor first. What should I be doing to troubleshoot?
>>
so i have this depleted, now unsealed lead-acid battery that barely accepts any current (few microamps) and i had this idea to plug it to my lab PSU but with reverse polarity to shake things inside a bit. i'd assume that since PSU applies more voltage than the battery can ever deliver, it will force its power into battery, whether battery likes it or not, and should be fine but maybe i'm wrong. how safe is my PSU?
>>
>>101952914
>terabytes of video and audio i need to verify completion of
>don't know which are 100% and which are not
>vlc/mpc will play some that aren't 100% with points of freezing/stopping
>chatgpt/claude suggest import hashlib
>totally useless if you have 0 clue what expected filesize is

i'm thinking I'm SOL. I just need to scrub anything that isn't a 100% valid file, but how tf am i supposed to do that with 10+ TB of data
>>
>>101999451
i don't know, but you could install a fork of firefox, like librewolf, then try the addon there without affecting your about:config in firefox
>>
>>101998794
I figured it out, I needed to add -ac 2 to convert some mono files to stereo, otherwise they couldn't be concatenated into the same audio track
>>
File: 20240820_163814.jpg (121 KB, 2560x1440)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
there is a red spot in the cable for my IEMs
its inside the plastic housing, so not on the gold prongs, and the sound works fine

but it doesn look burnt just a metallic red spot for some reason
what could have possibly happened?
>>
>>102000849
It's trying to produce mustard gas to kill you, because you're a fruity lala homo man. Cut your nails, you faggot.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.