[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

old >>102694489
>>
File: 1705835447237.png (442 KB, 1124x1331)
442 KB
442 KB PNG
Should i keep learning go or switch to c#?
I havent built anything besides some simple api in go. I keep reading that either go is amazing or that's it's an absolute shit language...
I dont like c#/java because of the complex oop that takes a lot of brainpower to parse, such as the factory shit or dependency injection
I also dont like that i have to use ide's and the package managers are confusing to use...
Do i just stick to GO and make projects and hope i can find a junior go position next year? i'm in europe btw
>>
where do i get 61 cheap cherry mx red switches? or some decent knock-offs, something very similar.
>>
>>102730528
just learn js + go you faggot. stop wasting time doubting and just code. learn algorithms/datastructures
>>
when i run a live cd linux distro what eventually becomes the throttle when it comes to memory and performance, is it the computer's RAM or the flash drive's capacity? in other words, where is everything installed and kept running during the live session? i'm asking this because i have a computer at work running on windows which requires admin access to install/run anything, and i want to practice/study programming on it while i'm over there
>>
has anyone here tried to use gemini for video translation?
it works reasonably well with a whisper transcript and audio fed into the api, but gay google safety shit can not deal with japanese humor apparently
>>
Guy who knows jack shit about electricity here, so feel to correct me if I get anything wrong.

AC power gets used to transfer energy over long distances because transformers can shoot the voltage up, allowing it to travel at higher speeds, and then transformers can bring the voltage down so that it can be used in homes and businesses.
Yet, AC power goes up and down in voltage, moving from positive to negative voltage in a wave-like fashion. That's literally what separates it from DC power.

How does this even work? Wouldn't negative voltage mean that it's being pulled back in the other direction? I'd like to do more research into electricity at some point, but I have to focus on what's right in front of me for right now, and having a bit of background knowledge in my head might help me remember things.
>>
>>102730389
Does compiling programs on my computer give a speed boost for my specific CPU and hardware or no? For example if I were to compile RetroArch and all of its cores on my PC would there be a performance difference from just downloading the flatpack?
>>
>>102731220
i think it pulsates across the power lines and when it arrives to the house is turned to dc
>>
>>102731238
Again, someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Your house receives AC power. The purpose of your PC's power supply is to convert it to DC power.
>>
>>102731220
Yes negative voltage means it moves "back in the other direction".

Actually for very long distances DC is used instead of AC. DC becomes more efficient around 600-800km.
>>
>>102730791
The flash drive will slow down all I/O operations but apps will generally be cached in RAM on first launch and stay there until the space is needed by something else.
>>
>Wouldn't negative voltage mean that it's being pulled back in the other direction?
yeah but it doesn't matter
to power shit we need movement in general, not movement in a specific direction
>>
File: 1723664763825410.png (2.73 MB, 2048x1514)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB PNG
>>102730389
Is it still important (i.e. ever useful, however rare it might be) to leave the D: drive letter free/unused? e.g. for old programs? I have 3 drives, C: (NVME), D: (2.5 SSD) and E: (3.5 HDD), should I assign D: to E: and E: to F: just in case?
>>
>>102731645
Nah, even old DOS games let you specify the CD-ROM drive letter. I've never come across any programs that hard set it to D only. I'm sure there are some retards out there who did just that though.
>>
what is that song called for action or maybe they use it for the edgy fire skeleton handguns meme too sometimes? maybe its copyright free or from the YouTube music library
>>
What are some example software projects where the development team had virtually infinite resources and complete expertise over the domain they were working in, but the idea they were making sucked. For example, concord was a $400 million dollar triple A title that failed. Do you guys know any other dream projects with heavy funding that flopped?
>>
>>102731855

the song is used as generic "action/hype" if youd like to give it a purpose
its not "bad to the bone"
the song is used to cut things out and into a meme, sometimes even the black background macro or top/bottom text memes with what the person said
>>
>restart PC
>download speeds and even file transfers drop like a rock
Again I ask, why?
>>
File: Hand_Car_Animation.gif (2.98 MB, 983x824)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB GIF
>>102731220
>AC power gets used to transfer energy over long distances because transformers can shoot the voltage up
Yes.
>allowing it to travel at higher speeds
Eh, it reduces transmission losses since it lowers the current and power losses scale with current quadratically.
>Yet, AC power goes up and down in voltage, moving from positive to negative voltage in a wave-like fashion.
>How does this even work?
Yes, see pic rel. Back and forth does not matter, it can still transfer power, you just have to time the pushing and pulling correctly.
>>
whats the best price to GB ratio hard drive or other storage device? i want something for a home server that can plug into USB.
>>
in nvim / vim, how do you do this?:
Let | represent the cursor position

hehe- the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy do|g

I want this outcome:
hehe-

Since i cant place my cursor at the end of the last character in vim, i get this when i do: dT-

hehe-g

Is there a solution to this without making it possible to go past the last character? is this what a lot of people do or is it bad practice? I know it can mess up a lot of stuff if i set change the behavior of the cursor like that
>>
File: 1593295047387.png (47 KB, 661x623)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>want a mixer to combine two stereo signals into one, so I can listen to two PCs on one set of headphones
>don't know anything about mixers
Are there any particular makes/models I should be looking for, or avoiding?
>want it to have as little impact on latency/sound quality as possible
>value for money obviously ideal, but am prepared to spend a bit extra if cheaper ones output noticably worse sound quality
>it'll be sitting on my desk, so a small size would be preferred
>don't need any controls on it
>doesn't matter what connector type it takes (I'll be buying the cables alongside it anyway)
>>
>>102732075
T-d$
>>
>>102732297
Mixers add no latency, small ones usually power off usb but make sure to inform yourself if a separate power plug is a problem.
Know that you might get some hum/ground loop when one of the PCs is turned off depending on your house installations and it might piss you off to the point of manually unplugging shit. Not 100% to happen but possible.

https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=0601-AHT

This will likely work but you will need to get adequate cables or connector adapters that go from 3.5mm to 1/4 jackets and separate ones for L/R, meaning 4 cables going into the mixer in total.
>>
>>102730389
What does OIG in filenames mean? Is it a phoneposter thing or something? I'm always seeing it on here
>>
>>102732995
>1/4 jackets

1/4 jacks*. And by hum I mean the usual noise you get through your speakers after you turn your PC off.
>>
>>102731855
>>102731875
bump
>>
What's the best audio transcription software right now?
>>
File: 512521.jpg (116 KB, 512x384)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
so a few squares like pic related appeared on my screen for a few seconds then vanish, i am fucked i am ?
the entire PC is only a year and a half old
>>
Should I get an OLED laptop?
I'm kinda afraid of the burn-in
>>
>>102733254
send the video
>>
>SSD dies
>RMA it
>takes forever but they send me a replacement
>except it's the wrong model
>contact them
>they say they'll set up a new RMA process so i can get the correct model
>wait about 24 hours, hear nothing
>contact them again asking if there's anything they need from me, or something
>they say no, they're working on it
>that was 4 days ago, still no response
Should I call them or something?
>>
>>102733811
I'd call every day
>>
>>102732927
thanks bro
>>
>>102733530
update your graphics cards drivers and see if that helps
>>
>>102732995
>>102733111
Thanks for the answer! I'll give that one a look.
I've never had any humming like that before, so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem for me.
>>
>>102733811
If you can't wait, get another drive, and when they send your replacement, use it as external storage.
>>
>>102733829
they didn't pick up. i am so fucking pissed right now.
>>102734250
I don't need any extra storage, I just need one SSD that I can put my OS on. I am never buying another Western Digital device ever again.
>>
File: 1668159762018421.jpg (39 KB, 1080x961)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
just today out of nowhere my case fans starting rattling and ramping up and down spontaneously,
the fans are tied to my CPU temperature but the temps are exactly the same as they where a week ago. So i'm not sure whats causing this, anyone have any ideas?
>>
>>102733805
i dont have an example
>>
>>102731220
okay okay

but what about modular interfaces between cpu and mobo components...

why not parallel sheets of cpu?
>et gpu?
>>
>>102735690
why are we only now just moving back to car radiators for computers

>they're willing to let us oc the shit out of parts

so, the limitation is the edge and size of components
>>
Lately, I get errors when I try to buy something using my Google Play Store balance (I load it up with gift cards). The error tends to stay the same each time it comes up, and on Google support's end they get a message saying I entered an invalid gift card and need to re-enter it, when that isn't the problem. Asking them what the issue is and how to avoid this gets me no answer. I just have to message them, go back and forth repeating that this isn't the real issue, then they do *something* and the problem is fixed for a while. Then it happens again and it might be a different error, but they all lead me to the same form.
Is this a known thing? What the hell can I do?
>>
>>102732033
Used but SMART tested 2TB 3.5" SATA hard drives. Sometimes you can find them for $20-25 on ebay. But good luck finding them with ebay search, witch has turned to amazon levels of dog shit. Also make sure they're not SAS/server drives since those don't work in normal puters.
>>
File: file.png (26 KB, 863x305)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
Why is it like this
>>
>>102736174
That's a windows path issue. When you type 'pip' it checks all the folders in your %PATH% variable for the exe, but since pip.exe isn't in any of those it doesn't find it.
Windows SUCKS ASS at adding stuff to path properly.
>>
>>102736215
I mean, I just checked and it is in PATH right now. Was it something retarded like I needed to restart cmd.exe for it to look properly?
>>
>>102736174
I usually do
python -m pip install ...
>>
>>102736174
Set environment variable PATH from advanced system settings
>>
How do I post code?

`like this?`

``
like this?
``

```
like this??
```

````
at least one got to work!!!
````
>>
>>102736343
goddammit
>>
>>102736174
Pretty sure you have to restart after adding something to path in windows.
>>
>>102736343
Using the bbcode code /code bracketed.
>Check the sticky
>>
>>102736343
It's in the sticky, anon
Do it like this
>>
>>102736343
>>102736354
"
 Here you go 
"
 Here you go 

Make sure to whitespace before and after them though
>>
>>102736343
like this

ur welcome
>>
>>102736438
oh, It did it anyway, oh well I don't know how 4chan formats
>>
>>102736419
>>102736429
>>102736438
>>102736445
 thank you 
>>
>>102736560
I think code tags are only available on this board too. There might have been another board with them enabled but I think I'm misremembering
>>
>>102730389
why don't we have giant cities in international waters, doing whatever they wanted woth no laws to worry about? is is technology? if so, what tech is needed that we don't have already?
>>
>>102736879
Because they won't be anywhere near as independent as you think they would be, and no sensible state power would want to deal with them without extorting the fuck out of them.
>>
>>102736879
You have free will, do what you like, but there's always going to be someone else who doesn't approve. People are going to be people.
>>
>>102736593
I think the deleted text-only programming board had them too
>>
>>102736879
how do you supply the city?
>>
File: atri.png (201 KB, 648x731)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
>>102736879
I see you are a fellow ATRI reader. Unfortunately, the real world is not prepared for Eden yet. Let us wait a few more years.
>>
What are some good resources to read up on older computers and related technology, how it evolved and how it worked?
>>
>>102730389
I am looking to buy something to draw on. I was thinking about a phone but a tablet would work too, preferably something with a screen. What is the best value option? What kind of features should i be looking for? I am willing to go used. I am from latin america and have around 120 dollars to spare, is that enough?
>>
>>102731032
Look into gemini jailbreaks
>>102735813
Maybe your device is the problem. Try using different devices or different IP connections.
>>102736879
The real reason is that there is no need to. You already have these kind of places in land and they only exist so far as there is a need to do illegal things.
>>
>>102735813
I'm pretty sure I had the same issue on my tablet but that was ages ago, I'll try that.
>>
any of you faggits saved the winamp repo beforehand?
https://x.com/LarryBundyJr/status/1843393518414508109
>>
>>102736879
How are you going to convince enough people to extract all the resources, process them into the materials, process those into the parts, and then ship those to the site?
The usual method is money, and the usual method of getting that is investors, so how do you convince them?
>>
File: file.jpg (27 KB, 612x290)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>102730389
My uni wants me to use matlab for a semester. Do you niggers think I can get away with just using Octave? I heard they're similar. And yeah, my uni does offer me a license, but I don't want to deal with proprietary software shenanigans.
>>
>>102733530
Need more info, what are your specs? Laptop or desktop? Do you have multiple screens, are they all impacted?

If you have a AMD GPU this is expected behavior!
>>
Is there any way to complete erase search results with your name in the net, somehow? Like spamming something random so that real results are buried? I've contacted the search engines to remove some stuff but some things couldn't be removed.
>>
File: 1719830758967077.png (3 KB, 163x73)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>return youtube dislike extension is broken
fuck..
>>
>>102740138
It's not real anyways, it only monitors the dislikes from people who have the extension, it's a shit extension.
>>
>>102739017
Ask professor
>>
>>102740254
you people repost this argument are retarded.

>likes: displayed for everyone in the world
>dislikes: only the group of people who have opted to see your dislikes too
>worldwide movie trailer releases with huge disparity in like/dislike ratio
>that number isn't even real!!

yeah, dislikes are likely even HIGHER. It doesn't matter anyway, it literally beat the worldwide like button
>>
Is OLED burn-in still a problem? Will I mess up my galaxy tab 9 if I play visual novels on it?
>>
>>102740282
>Movie trailer
Movies are shit these days, what do you expect?
>>
>>102740282
Imagine wanting to see popular opinions because you can't think for yourself.
>>
File: D7BrjpkX4AENXv5.jpg (56 KB, 720x426)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Do I seriously need a third-party program to convert Adobe Illustrator files into Adobe Photoshop shapes instead of raster images?
>>
>>102740376
you're offbase, retard.
>>
Storage fails. I imagine the OS on a device is stored in some kind of storage. How viable are old tech products? Like let's say I buy an ipod from 2005, approximately how long do I have before the ipod bricks due to it's OS? Is the OS stored on some kind of different, longer lasting type of storage?
>>
Is there are regular expression able to find *booru default file names? You know, like usually it's a bunch of numbers with a few random letters thrown in. Can start with letters but rarely, but almost always contains letters.
>>
does a dying motherboard affect gpu utilization? on my current pc of 7 years ive had shit luck recently since i've had to replace the motherboard (b350 to b550) and power supply. with the b350 the pc wouldn't post 50% of the times so i would have to unplug it and plug it back in. got a new motherboard and it seemed to fix the problems until one day i when playing games i was getting constant stutters and gpu-z was showing low usage and low power draw for modern games at ultra settings. replaced power supply but that did nothing, is my new motherboard dying on me? i've reinstalled windows and ddu'd the drivers multiple times, or could it be a cpu problem (don't know if that is possible, it's a 3600x).
>>
>>102730528
>europe
I'm going to be honest: if you just want a job, learn C#. It's huge over there.
>>
File: Sudak_Genovan_Fortress.jpg (831 KB, 2479x1653)
831 KB
831 KB JPG
any good FOSS android apps to track my walks/hikes/bike rides? I set up Dawarich (https://github.com/Freika/dawarich) which is nice, but it still needs something on the phone to report coordinates, and the recommended ones were less than ideal. maybe there is something simpler that just does what I want?
>>
>>102740847
I took one apart, they had tiny disk drives, if they don't get banged around it's not out of the question that they could last for over a decade.
>>
File: file.png (36 KB, 600x272)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>102730389
I don't want to switch from Firefox, just change its default PDF viewer to the one Chrome uses, is there a way to do that? I wanted to be able to use automated PDF in the browser without having to open another Chrome-based browser.
>>
>>102741118
about:config
search "pdf"
>>
>>102741280
Lots of options, now what?
>>
>>102741445
Now you install chrome
>>
>>102741468
But I already have Chromium.
>>
>>102741503
Brave
>>
>>102730389
In NTFS/Windows Server, is it possible to allow creating files (with content) but not modify it afterwards? I don't think so but just making sure. The permission to allow file creation also comes with write data, it's in the name of the permission "Create Files/Write Data".
>>
>>102741712
Can't you just change the permissions of the files you created as read only?
>>
File: 1725091669023968.jpg (21 KB, 305x326)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
youtube deleted one of my videos but i can still watch it in the appeal form
are there any download tools or extensions i can use to get a copy of this video as i'm streaming it on the page?
>>
>>102742007
yt-dlp should do nicely. Always back up your videos.
>>
>>102742007
yt-dlp, you might need to provide your username and password or provide the web browser cookies in order to download it.
>>
>>102742042
yt-dlp cannot handle non-url requests, even if i have the URL, correct me if i am wrong.

this is simply an SD streaming copy of my video from the "appeal review" section of youtube studio, where i get to see how much of a bad boy i have been before i write my appeal. i cannot access the original youtube video URL as it has been deleted. i already tried yt-dlp on the original url, this video cannot be accessed as it has violated our bluh bluh bluh bleh

but copy pasting the streaming URL from the network panel into the download panel on firefox worked just fine. i just renamed the file to mp4, so i have a lower res copy of it now which is fine.
>>
>>102730575
temu
>>
>>102742232
are you able to change the quality from that embed?
>>
>>102742372
no, the gear icon only shows a basic speed playback menu options and right click the video won't give any standard youtube options like copy video link when it's in review process
>>
>>102742408
what if you go full screen? does it change resolution automatically?
>>
>>102742429
it does not. they already told me the original was deleted and the option to download it from youtube studio is greyed out in yt studio. i can only appeal apparently.
>>
Anyone know what happened to the hacktivist movement anonymous? Last time I heard they were super gay and bluepilled and were waging war against the Assad regime. Is it now dead? I thought it originated from 4chan. How did it become so gay and dead?
>>
>>102742474
i doubt they ever actually delete the videos, but they may have made it entirely inaccessible outside of that preview
after all, if you win the appeal, do they expect you to provide the original again? i doubt it
take this as a lesson to keep backups of your videos, especially stuff like that that is obviously at risk of being taken down
>>
Was the geforce experience issue with a bunch of rundll32 processes running and Rx Diag Window errors preventing restarting just a me thing and I can safely reinstall geforce experience or is it affecting everyone this version and I need to wait for an update?
>>
File: PCIe slots.jpg (284 KB, 1280x695)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>102740965
>does a dying motherboard affect gpu utilization?
It could just possibly drop lanes from your PCIe. Making a big slot smaller.
>>
>>102742923
but that's the weird thing, the clock speed, power usage all maxes out when i run a benchmark like furmark, but games always run like ass.
>>
>>102740847
The OS is configured to not nuke the storage with writes.
>>
am I going to blow my Blu Ray drive up if I use this? I just want to watch The Social Network
>>
File: onedrive.png (61 KB, 1920x1230)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
What are some good arguments you would give against OneDrive? If you already have a corporate fileserver setup?
>>
File: week.jpg (87 KB, 460x1342)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>get 2x8gb extra RAM in early summer, completely different sticks but same speed/timings
>seemingly no issues for a few months across quite a few different games
>today play some lightweight unity anime game
>crashes after a while
>nothing of note on the steam forums
>figure it might be the GPU UV/OC settings I've been fucking with lately
>nope
>finally get a BSOD instead
>IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
>actually got the same error early this year before I got the new sticks and couldn't figure out what it was about, so it's not necessarily related(?)
>eventually try memtest: clean
>remove old sticks: no crash (seemingly)
>remove new sticks instead: same
>put all back in: crashes
>disable XMP: still crashes
Guess I'll fucking die then. Just updated the BIOS and chipset drivers (ryzen 3600) earlier today too, so that's definitely not going to be the solution, although it may have been the cause.
I don't really have an actual question, but if someone could tell me what else I can do aside from returning the RAM (likely not possible), I'd appreciate it.
>>
My screen flickers to completely black randomly while playing some new games. Does not do this with my older PC games. Is my GPU dying?
>>
>Go on someone's twitter profile with desktop
>Shows their retweets
>Go on same profile with app
>Doesn't show those same retweets
Anyone know why this is? It does seem to show some retweets on the app, but not the latest ones.
>>
>>102742536
reddit is that way
>>
My CPU is bottlenecking my GPU, should I raise the graphics settings to ultra?

The FPS go from 100 to 80-70 sometimes

Ryzen 5 26000
RTX 4060
>>
>>102730389
How do I easily clean up all the cache for programs on Arch (btw)? things like chromium or yay tend to pile up cache files after a while.
>>102736879
what do they eat?
>>
Do I need adaptive sync on my monitor turned on to use AMD freesync or can I just leave it off?
>>
Got an old Master System II. The antenna switch box - that's superfluous now, right? I can just plug it straight into a TV?
>>
>>102744049
>what do they eat
fish, seaweed
>>
Anyone else having trouble with videos loading since the new firefox update? Once they dropped the latest, it seems like they don't load properly or just have general issues.
>>
>>102740951
What's the format look like?
>>
Anyone know a counterpart of KeePassXC for iOS? Is there also a way I can transfer my files between my Windows machine and my iPhone *without* having to install the Windows "app" *and without* having to deal with my phone pictures being scattered throughout the device directory for whatever fucking reason?
>>
>>102744452
You can plug it straight to TV, you just won't have any control over the channel it displays on. Same is true of any other old consoles that don't have a channel selector on the RF cable. It will probably be channel 3 in US. And for that matter they're all mostly interchangeable. For example you can use an NES RF cable on a Sega Genesis, so you only really need one cable connected at a time.
>>
can i somehow move everything (including OS) from my default 512 gb SSD to the second 2tb SSD without breaking anything?
Or should I do full reinstall just in case
>>
File: rin.webm (553 KB, 1280x720)
553 KB
553 KB WEBM
I'm going go to buy a DAC because my on board audio is shit
What do I look for?
Currently I have a setup with my desktop near my TV so I can go Windows + P and it switches from my desktop speakers (from onboard AUX) to my TV speakers (HDMI to TV, AUX out to amp and to my speakers)
It's janky af, I don't want to wear headphones and it's awkward having audio coming from 1m to the right.
Should I get RCA splitters? Will that fuck the audio?
I guess I just compromise and get the DAC and have it output to my nicer amp and speaker setup and keep my desktop speakers in the on-board aux
>>
How can I tell if I have screen tearing?
>>
>>102745421
If Windows: Either put them in a second PC as secondary drives or boot with a Windows-based utility disk and run Partition Wizard. Do the "copy without resize" option first, then resize the main partition once that finishes. The reason you don't want to do a resize during the initial copy is because that will also expand the system volume partition, which is usually hidden and doesn't need more space. Run a "chckdsk c: /f" command after booting into it, then you're done.
>>
>>102745631
Forgot to mention this will overwrite everything on the second drive, so be aware. There's no way to just copy the files over and have it work as far as I'm aware.
>>
Are there any local webp converters that could automatically detect if the webp is an image or an animation and convert to png or gif as appropriate
>>
>>102744049
It's /tmp for most programs, which is cleared on reboot. Browsers usually keep their own cache folders, which you'll need to clear either through their menus or manually through the file browser or a script.
Common locations:
/home/owner/.config/(appname)
/home/owner/.(appname)
/home/owner/.var/app/(appname)
/home/owner/.local/share/(appname)
>>
>>102742007
Record it with OBS
>>
>>102745678
>detect if the webp is an image or an animation
that information is stored in the first 64 bytes of a webp file
you can write a short script to do that
>>
I have 7TB of files stored across 5 different HDDs, should I consolidate it all, or what do?
>>
why is there no laptop discussion general on here?

which one is the better option

Dell Vostro 3520
Intel Core i5-1235U 1.3 GHz Up to 4.4 GHz
10 (Threads: 12) L1: 928KB, L2: 6.5MB, L3: 12MB
Single Thread Rating 3217
CPU Mark 13392
15.6" IPS 120Hz(1920 x 1080) 250n WVA Anti-Glare LED Backlit
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4
1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe
Iris Xe Graphics
Realtek ALC3204, Stereo speakers, 4W

price: 530 euro

or

HP 255 G10
AMD Ryzen 7 7730U 2.0 GHz Up to 4.5 GHz
8 (Threads: 16) L1: 512KB, L2: 4.0MB, L3: 16MB
Single Thread Rating 3063
CPU Mark 18640
16 GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM (2 x 8 GB)
1 TB PCIe NVMe
AMD Radeon Graphics
IPS, narrow bezel, anti-glare, 250 nits, 45% NTSC

price: 520 euro

they are both characterized as flimsy, although i do believe the dell is probably less cheaply built
anyone had any experience
>>
>>102746194
HP is good at making cheap laptops, last cheap dell I had broke at the hinges and cracked the screen in the process.
>>
>>102746194
they both suck
save more and buy something better
>>
>>102746274
like what
>>
File: 1728143890721564.jpg (149 KB, 1280x1103)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
What happens if i delete /dev/null?
>>
>>102746714
lots of things will stop working properly
>>
>>102746781
thanks
>>
>>102746194
>VA
>IPS 45% NTSC
>fucking 45%
Where do they even dig this stuff up? See if you can get a Chromebook or something with a usable display. Like IPS 80% NTSC / 100% sRGB minimum. Most OLED are probably good enough for 10 years at this point.
>>
>>102746714
the computer runs out of zeros
>>
File: IMG_9310.jpg (171 KB, 750x528)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
This monitor won’t let me change the contrast/birghtness settings. It’s grayed out unlike the other settings. How do I fix this
>>
>>102747023
Adjust from the computer?
>>
I'm using a duplicate finding program to find duplicates in my 100k photos/images, should I use the SSIM or mean square algorithm to compare them
>>
I switch between my computers * a lot*. I do not know if it's OCD or autism or something else. How do I reach the stage of "let me guess, you "need" more".
>>
File: 1706412393237966.jpg (95 KB, 1023x680)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
For some reason, twitter is slow on my end. Like, images are taking minutes to load. When I switch to a VPN, twitter works normally.

Has anyone had this issue before?
>>
do A620 boards support PCIe4?
might cop one since I'd only be using a 7600 (for now, maybe a future 8 core x3d part if on clearance), but I'm too fucking stupid to understand the chipset allowances and specs
>>
>>102746885
what do you mean? like to replace the screen or?
>>
>>102746274
everything is just so ridiculously expensive, who has 3000k to splurge on a laptop
>>
>>102747869
No he means using a Chromebook because it'll have better displays at that price point, but I don't think you should do this. Chromebooks all have gimped keyboards and require way more work for choice in operating systems, which can often come to nothing even if it's not ARM. And I for one would find that, or having to actually use chrome OS FAR more annoying than a relatively low quality display.
>>
>>102744429
you need it enabled on the monitor and in the drivers
>>
>>102747023
You may have to set the mode to standard or srgb or whatever setting that allows it.
>>
>>102747869
I mean increase your budget, buy used, or spend a lot of time dredging through the ARM fecalsystem for a laptop that can run normal Linux distros and has decent furniture.
>>
I bought myself a new Linksys router and I have to ask is it worth the trouble to install OpenWRT?

I know how to install custom ROMs and custom firmware but this shit looks complicated.
>>
>>102748970
>is it worth the trouble to install OpenWRT?
Depends how shitty the stock system is. Does OpenWRT support all the hardware btw?
>I know how to install custom ROMs and custom firmware but this shit looks complicated.
Sending a file thru the browser is hard? Or what's up with the installation process? idk about Linksys routers, just Asus.
>>
>>102748970
personally, even if you don't need any of the extra features, i still would. in my experience openwrt is way more stable than any stock soho router firmware i've used
>>
Any PHP bros here? I have a question about using a PHP function "mysqli_data_seek();". Should I be using this frequently or is it a useless niche thing? In our code base we have a bunch of tables generated by php where we loop through the results and above the while loop we will have something like "mysqli_data_seek($results, 0);". From what I have read it sounds like it does the same thing as adding a "LIMIT" to the sql query but I cant get a straight answer as to whether this is necessary or not.
>>
I need a cheap laptop exclusively for work (mobile app dev). I've been told to look up some used thinkpad on ebay, but there are a lot of models and I don't know shit about laptops. What should I be looking for?
>>
>>102749221
>>102749248
Okay so installing the factory image doesn't work at all. At least I tried.
>>
>>102750029
For cheapo laptops, I would go with facebook marketplace but make sure to avoid dual-core CPUs
>>
I have a laptop with 0 working usb ports, and I need to replace the hard drive. How would I go about installing Windows on there without a bootable flash drive? Will it be compatible with my laptop if I were to install windows on there using another computer?
>>
Is it possible to install a hacked OS on a phone? If I buy a used phone how can I know the guy didn't put a fake Android OS on it that is still spying on my banking information even if I reset the OS to factory settings?
>>
>>102748876
what laptop is even worth buying that's under 2000 bucks
>>
>>102750280
Yes, that's what every custom ROM is. If your phone's bootloader can't be unlocked, you can either attempt to use security exploits to flash a new bootloader and recovery partitions, or open up the phone, and manually energize the pins on the memory chips, which won't work if the data on the storage chip was encypted using keys in its TPM (part of the CPU die on phones) since trying to decrypt plain text doesn't work. But once they do that they also need to make sure all system files are properly signed with the OEM's keys that were shared with google for play protect and they can't do that without the OEM's private keys and some other information.

Also there's no real reason the OEM can't pull something like that.
>>
If I study hard will I get as good as Linus Torvalds?
>>
>>102750029
>mobile app
M1 macbook air, because apple won't let you develop apps for iphones without a Mac.
>>
>>102730389
My computer reset when I was away.
Event viewer doesn't show any critical errors.
BlueScreenView has nothing.

Is it possible it updated while I wasn't looking or something?
>>
>>102750806
Theres a hackintosh in the office so I can access remotely to it and build the ipa's whenever I need, so there's no need to waste money on apple products. I've been reading Dell Latitudes are also a good option, but there are also a lot of models and I still have no idea of what to look for.
>>
How am I able to save a copy of an amazon prime show? I can't find any downloads and I don't know how to webrip. Is screenrecording the best idea? If so, what gives me the best compromise of image quality and file size? (it's about the german show Die Discounter btw)
>>
WHY TF IS MY INTERNET SPEED AVERAGING 95MBPS WHEN I PAID FOR FUCKING 500MBPS!!! ITS BEEN MORE THAN A WEEK NOW!!! FUCK THESE KIKESS!!!
>>
>>102751254
At that point just get a VPN and a torrent client instead of screen-recording your rented movies
>>
>>102750801
Maybe. But you probably won't come up with something as useful as linux.
>>
>>102746885
my current screen is LEN156FHD (LEN9052)
and laptopmedia says it's only 51% sRGB which is even less than 45% ntsc apparently and it's completely fine as a screen, nothing nasty apparent to someone that isnt used to high level products
>>
File: file.png (17 KB, 504x294)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>102751348
Check that your connection is not limited to 100Mbps, it's pretty common for ethernet cables with issues (like mine :p)
>>
>>102751374
There are no torrents
>>
>>102751639
Not the case since it was around 400 when I last checked. These fucking kikes are throttling my internet.
>>
Is there any way to watch age restricted youtube videos without signing in? Like some online tool where it lets me watch it or download it. Nothing that requires downloading and installing a software.
>>
Whats an unsalted md5 hash? Can't find shit on what it means.
>>
>>102751856
That's just the regular md5 hash of some input string, like a password.

Salting means you add another string to the input before hashing it. So unsalted just means you aren't doing that.
>>
File: 1702496961858343.png (2 KB, 142x138)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
How do I actually test latency on my network, reliably?

I don't mean a one off, but I mean comparing two different Router setups to see which one gives less latency, or if they're actually just the same.
So having one setup, run tests, record results and then doing another setup, running tests and comparing results and getting genuinely accurate feedback rather than results based off other factors
>>
What's the most efficient and reliable way to check for image dupes?
>>
>>102750651
Go to HP or Dell, look at business class laptops, cross reference with Canonical supported hardware. Even if you don't want to run Linux it's better because they avoid absolute cancer hardware.
>>
i saw a job posting the other day that said "content creator"
but then i looked at what they wanted and it was

>Converting content from PDF to HTML access

It just made me wonder, what the hell did those guys actually want? Surely the job wasn't going into Adobe Acrobat and exporting PDFs to HTML, but then what was it? There was no mention of code or needing to know HTML and this was specifically mentioned as the main duty of the role. I don't get it and it's still puzzling me.
>>
>>102752788
could check some options here
https://github.com/qarmin/czkawka

I used to use visipics which was good
>>
>>102752946
I tried czkawka before, sorry about not mentioning it.
While it's good enough I was just wondering if there are any better tools, my image set is reaching the 2000s so using czkawka starts getting a bit slow (as in interacting with the program)
>>
>>102752969
Have you tried the alternatives mentioned on that page?

My imageset was I think around 1000+ when I used visipics, it did help a lot but it wasn't flawless. I don't remember it being slow to interact with.
>>
>>102752969
I'm also using visipics with 80k files, and it works just fine, although at some point it started breaking if I tried going through the images before it was done scanning. So as long as you don't do that it should be fine.
>>
>>102753288
>>102753259
Yep, I've tried DupeGuru and AntiDupl.net. Never seen FSLint or tried the CLI options though, and I don't think I want to, I'm trying to check for image duplicates so having a GUI is sort of a must.
I'll check Visipics out, It's not that Czkawka is a bad software anyways so I'm not in a hurry to change. It's just that as my image set grows larger I start to wonder if there are better/faster ways to deal with the dupes.
Currently on Czkawka you need to check one picture, then go down, check the other, press space to mark it if it is indeed a dupe, and so on. I think that there should be a better way.
>>
Should I shut down or sleep my PC?
>>
File: 1711229445037776.png (50 KB, 244x207)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
Is it possible to download age restricted videos on youtube currently?
yt-dlp is failing me, I know about the bypass userscript but I want a local copy
>>
Is it possible to force a GPU into its low power state? I keep an old PC around as a server and I noticed that the idle power draw is too high because of it. I can't just take it out as the CPU doesn't have integrated graphics and I don't want to spend any money on other parts for it.
>>
>>102751254
>>102751658
same here
where the hell did all the uploaders go?
>>
>>102753660
Yes. It requires methods specific to OS and GPU.
>>
Anyone have a recommendation for some good security cameras? Hoping for four - two indoors, two outdoors.
>>102753343
I'd recommend sleep mode if you use it every day.
>>
>>102753652
update your yt dlp, it's working for me
>>
>>102753716
It's an Nvidia Pascal card and the OS is Debian. Where should I look, and do I need to install drivers?
>>
>>102753783
Consult the Arch and Debian wiki articles on nVidia
>>
>>102753832
Thanks, I guess, but I thought this was the retard spoonfeeding thread.
>>
The auto captcha solver on chance isn't working. How can I fix it?
>>
what are the chances cloudflare is faking numbers/ddosing themselves to seem like they are needed?
>>
is it possible to get an open nat on starlink?
>>
i just got a new keyboard and now my computer won't stay asleep.
i know it's the keyboard because when i unplug it before putting it to sleep the computer stays asleep.
any ideas on how to fix this or if i should give more details?
>>
>>102754236
99%
>>
Probably one of the USB wake on sleep related options in power settings. It can also be a BIOS setting, so check both.
>>
>>102754646
Meant as a reply to reply to this:
>>102754337
>>
>>102754236
It's the biggest modern day protection racket.
>>
File: IMG_0096.jpg (17 KB, 480x360)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Windows makes me wanna throw up

Why don’t people just switch to Apple, or Linux? People need to stop buying this crap
>>
>>102754668
Thanks
>>
>>102754719
They don't, it just comes on their computer and they're often non-the-wiser.
>>
>>102754719
I like windows. It's quite nice
>>
What card tier do I need to be able to lock 144 FPS on 1080p max settings? The 6700 XT I have now doesn't cut it for newer games, should I get a 7800 XT, 7900 XT, or switch to nvidia?
>>
File: 20241009_204406.jpg (3.26 MB, 4032x3024)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB JPG
First time trying to build a pc. When I press the power nothing happens but a couple lights turn on. Fans nor GPU fans turn on. After pressing the power button the EZ Debug LED lights up on CPU for a few seconds then lights off. Afterword the EZ Debug LED lights on VGA and stays on. Does this mean both the CPU and graphics card are messed up? I already checked the power cables for both.

Motherboard- MSI MAG B550 WiFi Gaming
GPU- GIGABYTE Radeon RX 7700 XT Gaming
CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-core
>>
>>102730389
I recently bought a msi 4070ti super and I can't get it to work at all on my PC, after installing it I made it to desktop and a few seconds later the screen went black and made a windows disconnect noise. upon restarting theres no boot screen or anything except for a white light on the vga debug board on my am4 x570s msi motherboard. I've tried bios updating, removing all old gpu drivers, reseating all cables, changing the psu in case it was a voltage issue, I'm worried that I either bought a dud gpu, or my motherboard or some other part is fried and that means buying a whole new PC. The problem went away when I put the old gpu back in so I have no idea what to think
>>
>>102752308
What technology do the routers use? Are they plain Ethernet Wi-Fi router things? Or cable/fibre/3G/4G/5G/ADSL/VDSL/xDSL-routers perhaps?
What I'm after here is you could simply put the thing in the middle two test boxes case it's just Ethernet.
>>102751856
Means a normal MD5.
>>102751639
>>102751348
It gets to 100 when one pair is missing from the cable.
>>
>>102756135
Whichever light stays on is generally the issue. Try reseating the GPU and its cable.
>>
>>102756135
>>102756411
Wait, do none of the fans turn on? The board might be fucked then, not sure.
Also >>102750100
>>
>>102756135
Nice Linux rig homeboy. It'll run Fedora or Linux mint really nicely.
>>
>>102756443
None of the fans turn on yes. I had trouble installing the cpu and mounting the motherboard so both may be broken yeah.
>>
just booted up old laptop running Arch, should I bother running a pacman -Syu, or is the chance of recent spyware too high?

already updated the keyring
>>
File: violent.jpg (72 KB, 311x584)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
help
4chanX no longer working
>>
File: winscp.png (18 KB, 256x256)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>102730389
How do I set up a local SFTP server on Linux? I want to disable password login and ssh, but I couldn't find a good guide for this.
>>
>>102756764
You get SFTP over SSH, go uncomment a line from the config. Or did you mean FTPS perhaps?
>>
>>102756715
It somehow worked if I just installed 4chanX, but it doesn't work when I load the zip from my scripts
>>
>>102756820
No I'm talking about SFTP.
I want to disable password login and remote connection, that's what I meant
>>
>>102756900
>I want to disable password login
PasswordAuthentication no

>and remote connection
Didn't get this one.
>>
>>102756900
>>102756947
presumably he means he only wants LAN connections to be accepted
this can be done a few ways, one being like;
# disable auth entirely by default
PasswordAuthentication no
PubkeyAuthentication no

# enable pubkey auth for lan connections
Match Address 10.1.1.*
PubkeyAuthentication yes

or you could set the servers' listenaddress to your LAN ip
ListenAddress 10.1.1.2

or just don't port forward port 22 in the first place
>>
>>102756947
>>102757048
Thank you anons
>https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-setup-passwordless-ssh-login/
Is this a good guide?
>>
>>102757122
skimming through it it looks fine
>>
How to auto click the popup notification when a youtube channel is live to open it in a new tab?
>>
Should I bother trying to cram an OS (any that fits) onto an 8gb USB stick if I just want to make sure an old PC works, or would that not be much more useful than just checking the BIOS menu?
>>
>>102757861
you can live boot most linux distros with 4gb
>>
>>102730389
ideal home
>>
>>102757918
It's not that I think there aren't any options but rather that it will ultimately be running Win10x64 which definitely won't fit. And I'm not sure if there's anything I'd need an OS for that'd help more than booting straight into memtest or something.
>>
Where are people pirating ebooks from in 2024?
>>
>>102758185
anna
>>
>>102758197
God bless. Also forgot I'm in what I believe is *the* telegram channel. Thank you!
>>
>>102751745
try piped or invidious
>>
>>102753652
yt-dlp should work fine. it also has a plugin you could try https://github.com/pukkandan/yt-dlp-YTAgeGateBypass
>>
Alright anons I'm losing my shit troubleshooting a PC issue. Don't know what to try now.

Z390 Taichi Ultimate w 9900k
GSkill Ripjaw 4x 32 GB RAM
970 EVO 1tb NVME 1TB OS drive
2x 7200 RPM drives (WD)
Windows 10
3080 TI (5 months old. Old one died and I RMAed)
1200W PSU (Corsair I think)

The issue is that for weeks, my PC would have Windows Taskbar freeze and several programs. Usually Slack, Discord and sometimes Chrome.
Its impossible to force close them. I can't open task manager, can't ctrl alt delete. Can move my mouse around and interact with any program left open that hasn't frozen.
I'm forced to hard shut diwn.
Happens several times a day. Used to only happen if left idle for a while. Now it happens during active use too.

So far I've tried:
1. Reinstall Windows
2. Update bios
3. Try all RAM one by one (issue got less frequent for a while but then came back)
4. Try using different RAM slots.
5. Disable background services I'm not using
6.DISM /RestoreHealth and sfc /scannow
7. Samsung SMART my NVME drive (it's all healthy)
8. Monitor temps (nothing is abnormally high. 50c tops for anything)
9. Reinstall GPU drivers

I don't know what the fuck to do. I'm out of ideas. I'm almost to the point I want to say fuck it, throw my hands up, and build a new one.
>>
>>102736879
If you have the money to build a floating city to do crime it's almost always cheaper to just bribe/pay your way to the end you want.

Bar that, just buy an island, no need to build a city.

Rich people already do this.
>>
>>102740376
People who cannot think for themselves already exist and use the internet, why should we not consider their user experience and ends as well?
>>
>>102758886
it could be an attached device. Even a fucky USB keyboard can cause freezes in some cases. Remove/replace them one at a time to see if there's any difference. And next time it freezes just try unplugging everything and see if it unfreezes (this only works sometimes). If it is USB related, it can also be caused by a bad voltage regulator on the USB circuit rather than the devices themselves, and is triggered by your devices trying to draw more power than it can handle in its faulty state.
Also make sure to run an actual memory test on your RAM. I think modern Windows has one you can boot to iirc.
And besides the sfc /scannow, which you've already done, run a "chkdsk c: /f" command, and press y to run on next reboot. Even if the drive is physically ok, there can still be filesystem errors which chkdsk can repair.
>>
>>102756225
I want to test the WiFi really
The two routers wouldn't be on at the same time.
The test device is just a laptop.
>>
>>102758886
Open up your power supply and check for bulgy/leaking caps.
>>
File: IMG_0098.jpg (121 KB, 1200x600)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
Why have Indians ruined Android?
>>
File: 1705487722506798.png (21 KB, 600x329)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
Does /g/ uses this?
>>
>>102760128
No, I don't have a Reddit account.
>>
>>102760128
no, i don't use reddit
>>
>>102760132
I believe you don't need a Reddit account. You only need some random Reddit username.
>>
>stick with my B550M Tuf
>upgrade CPU from 3300X to 5600
>use stock cooler (my retarded ass is using a cooler that covers it barely enough) so I can use the top PCIe x1 slot for wireless card
or
>sell current cpu/mobo/ram
>buy a620m ayw wifi with a 7600
>don't worry about wireless addin card
which option would be less headache for a moron (me)?
>>
>>102757938
I think it belongs to the military
>>
if I'm encoding a video with video card acceleration, for example would a newer gen card with a newer gen encode/decode system (assuming the same wrapper/codec/bitrate/settings) would there be any difference aside from encode time? or would it be higher quality?
>>
>>102759747
>enable IPv6 on both wired and wireless
>plug laptop into wired Ethernet *LAN port* of a Wi-Fi box (could be in routing or access point mode, no matter)
Routing etc. doesn't matter as we don't even ask the thing for an IP. And that we stick to the LAN side of things. And we are sticking to IPv6 link-locals as it makes this whole thing so much easier.
>power on Wi-Fi box
>connect to Wi-Fi
>start an iperf3 server on one interface
Could be wired or wireless.
>connect to that iperf3 server using a client on the other interface
So if the server listens at fe80::aaaa%wired you'd connect to it using an address of fe80::aaaa%wireless.
See, the address itself tells the OS to use specific links. Literal link local.
>>
>>102760701
no
hardware encoding is for streaming, not storing
>>
>>102760701
The quality of the encode is usually dependent on the version of the encoder and the encoding settings, the hardware just reduces time.
>>
>>102730575
Get some Gateron off your chink bazaar of choice. Cherry pulls a lot of faggotry with binning where the switches Leopold or TG3 gets are several degrees of tool wear worse than the ones you get from rando Chinese sellers. Maybe buy from an authorized reseller like Mouser if you insist on genuine, but don't try to get them cheap whatever you do.
>>
>>102761371
*several degrees better
>>
>>102759747
>one client
Just buy a openwrt router and turn off the hardware accelerated wifi bs when you want good latency.
>>
jewtube is giving me errors on every video now
what do I do?
>>
>>102730389
When I open the catalog on Chrome, is this URL accessed directly by the browser?

https://a.4cdn.org/g/catalog.json
>>
>>102761969
It is HXR
>>
>>102761837
fixed it by updating ublock and disabling 4chanx
>>
How do Yubikeys work? My workplace uses Duo for 2FA and they're phasing out the phonecall/text options. A dongle beats installing the Duo app, so I'd like to switch to a Yubikey, but all this stuff about slots and OTPs goes over my head.
>>
>>102762440
Yubikey proves it has a private key by signing arbitrary messages. The Yubikey is a dedicated computer whose only job is to hold a key and sign message when you hit button, so it's considered most secure against remote threats. OTP records a password on your phone and proves it has the password through time dependent codes. It can be compromised if the device storing the OTP is compromised, so if you're using the same device to store the OTP and access your secure service, it's kind of snakeoil. Text / call authentication has huge risk from the phone company being idiots or having compromised low level managers.

Slots are just different private keys / passwords.
>>
>>102762525
So the ideal way to use it, if I do get one, is to put one slot towards Duo and one towards a password manager? Since it sounds like a Yubikey can only work with two services at a time.
>>
What is the best software for upscaling videos? I see topaz and and avc mentioned alot as i'm researching this.
>>
>>102758185
bookz on undernet
>>
I got a meebook pro e reader a few months ago. On Sunday it suffered water damage so I thought it was broke but it's turning on just fine. The power button won't lock the screen but it will allow me to turn it on. The screen still works but I can't turn on wifi. Every time I turn it on in given the message "you don't have permission to change wifi." Anyone know what to do?
>>
if i record some shit via obs do i need to do any video editing, extra encoding or any other shit or can i just use that file and upload straight to youtube?
>>
>>102762989
Youtube recommends uploading files as close as possible to the format they will output later on their website. For videos it recommends:
>MPEG-4
> Video codec: H.264
> Audio codec: AAC
> Audio bitrate: 128 kbps or better
> Aspect Ratio: 16:9
> Minimum resolution of 1920x1080 with a 16:9 aspect ratio
>>
>>102763049
>Youtube recommends uploading files as close as possible to the format they will output later on their website.
that doesn't really make sense, they reencode it themselves regardless
following that up with h.264 just exemplifies this, considering this is not what most videos on youtube are
>>102762989
the only reason to reencode video you have for uploading is if you want to make it smaller to reduce the time and/or bandwidth needed to upload it, but whether you need to or what settings to use depends on several factors, such as whether the video is already relatively small, how fast you can encode it, and how fast your upload speed is
>>
>>102762989
>>102763202
tl;dr, if it's small enough as it is that you don't mind waiting for it to upload, then just upload it as-is
>>
>>102763202
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/4603579?hl=en
>>
I rent a dinky little VPS thats allegedly in New York but has a Turkish IP for a dollar a month, and its only got a paltry 10 gigs of storage total. Think its possible for me to make something to use that as a go-between to one of the fat cloud storage services I've picked up? I only got the thing because its always on and has a static IP, which my home internet provider doesn't do, and I use it to send fat files to friends who don't do computer shit and stream movies straight to MPC, but its getting a little annoying having to constantly swap out files over scp.
>>
>>102763249
they're just guidelines to help noobs configure their software if they don't know wtf a codec is

(in your link)
>If you are unable to encode your videos using the preferred specifications, you can still submit your video in .WMV, .AVI, .MOV and .FLV formats. In this case, we recommend that you upload the highest quality video possible. YouTube will still accept your video content and then re-encode your video files as necessary.
>>
>>102763261
yea, i've seen tools you can use to mount various cloud storage stuff to a folder in linux, which can then be served from your vps as if they were local files
>>
>>102763320
>I know better than the guideline
>>
>>102763389
there's nothing wrong with the guideline, all i'm saying is that if his video is something else, he shouldn't feel pressured to convert it just to match the guideline format, it will work as it is, the guideline is just a minimum recommendation for making new video files
>>
>>102763389
take it elsewhere tranny
>>
Is there something like Veracrypt for Android? I'd like to be able to use an encrypted flash drive.
>>
>>102761837
>>102762104
the issue reappeared anyway
anyone help
>>
>>102763576
Break your conditioning
t. Alex Jones
>>
How do Russian and Turkey anons post on 4chan? Isn't 4chan blocked in their countries?
>>
>>102764909
Most of them are living in germany and are mentally challenged.
>>
>>102764909
>just get a vps bro
>>
>>102764921
kek, but they have their generals on /int/

>>102764931
impossible to post with a vpn. 4chan blocks all vpn ips and tor nodes.
>>
>>102764909
main page of 4chan is blocked not the whole site, you can still access to individual boards
>>
>>102764909
goodbyedpi
>>
>>102764976
Same here

>>102765006
Thanks anon
>>
>>102761800
I don't think 1 router would cover my house
>>102761120
wew, I've not done a lot of this before
So I'd need 2 devices.
One on device I start a iperf3 server (willl have to look up how)
then on the laptop, I connect to that iperf3 server?

is that right, and that will show my latency?
>>
File: 1728522865553476.jpg (224 KB, 635x900)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
What's an easy way to tell if my USB ports are 2.0 or 3.0?
>>
>>102765353
If they're blue or not
>>
File: usb_pinout.jpg (181 KB, 851x604)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>102765353
3.0 has 8 pins, 2.0 only has 4
>>
I have an IoT device that needs to perform NTP syncs. I can open a UDP socket and tx/rx data reliably with and directly to a host machine. I am manually constructing NTP packets and transmitting them to ntp.airvantage.net:123 but get nothing back on the socket. Firewalls are not at play on the device's side. I can construct the same packet on a linux machine and transmit to the NTP server and sync successfully. The same thing does not work on the IoT device and I can't figure out why (maximum effort for 4 days now, hemorrhaging time). Tcpdumps of the functioning communication look fine. I can't snoop the packets coming to the remote machine due to permissions issues but I don't know how useful that would be in this case anyway. Everything I send from the IoT device to the NTP server basically goes into a black hole and my socket reads time out due to the nature of UDP. Nothing looks suspicious in firmware - fairly convinced it's a network problem
>>
>>102765401
9*
>>
Is there a way to block ads on an LG smart TV?
>>
>>102766387
Depends on the app, but you could try your luck with pihole; Might have to find a block-list though if the default one doesn't do the job.
>>
Is there any danger to using an external HDD for the boot drive? Aside from making sure it doesn't accidentally get unplugged.
>>
>>102766548
Should be fine, but it could be a bottle-neck, depends on the connection. Just don't knock the drive around, impacts could destroy the drive/data.
>>
What desktop resolution should I be using with a 28 inch 4k monitor?
Setting it to 3840 x 2160 pixels makes it slow to respond sometimes. I don't have issues running that resolution in games. Just the desktop when I have multiple videos up.
>>
>>102766715
What resolution/bitrate is the video(s)?
>>
>>102766872
Usually YouTube vids at 720p so 1280 x 720 5 Mbps. Might be them disliking Adblock.
>>
>>102751745
I use this script with Violentmonkey
https://github.com/zerodytrash/Simple-YouTube-Age-Restriction-Bypass
>>
what's the go-to cheap keyboard these days? I need a new one soon to hold me over until i figure out what I want long term because this current one is driving me crazy
>>
>>102765401
>>102765369
I meant the ports in my desktop, not in the cable. I've heard that you need to connect 3.0 cables into the right desktop ports for it to work
>>
3 days i had black screens. First day was figuring out it had to do with the driver, second day continiously reinstalling different operation systems, reinstalling drivers, changing monitors, cables etc. third day i see a guy mentioning switching his cable ends from monitor to gpu and vice-versa after having tried so many things i think.. ehh, why not. and it worked?? I don't understand computers. what the hell is this shit that swapping the ends of a cable fixes a gpu?
>>
>>102767810
really cheap? that would be whatever they're selling on craigslist, because there's always someone with a keyboard or ten that outlasted multiple computers and now they just want it gone.
Generally speaking these will be Dell, Lenovo, or HP branded keyboards intended for office use that came with computers they used to have.
>>
>>102768575
Same deal. Come on they're obviously going to have the same number of electrical contacts on both the male and female connectors.
>>
>>102762689
No, you get a lot more than 2. There's 4 slots in the PIV smartcard functionality, but many more for FIDO/U2F/PGP/TOTP.
>>
>>102758886
That sounds a lot like a problem I've been having lately, where after starting up, the computer would work for a while and then everything would freeze up, and all you could do was click and drag windows around and in some cases interact with some that hadn't frozen.

The solution I found was to reinstall windows BUT it had to be a clean install AND I had to re-create the installation media.
>>
>>102769145
Oh, thank goodness. Thanks Anon
>>
>>102769228
I think that's what I'm going to have to do. I'm ordering a 2tb drive now..
>>
File: USB ethernet adapter.jpg (83 KB, 1500x1500)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>102765311
>So I'd need 2 devices.
Yeah, your laptop has those two devices. It has wired and wireless. Right?
If you don't have wired, use picrel. But bare in mind the cheap ones are 100Mbit/s - or 400-something case they are "gigabit" but use USB2.
(but if you do have multiple PCs/laptops/raspberries, you can use both too)
>>102762689
>sounds like a Yubikey can only work with two services at a time.
The key is just a device that decrypts data, not sure what you mean by working in this context. The key doesn't run servers inside it if that's what you are thinking.
Does the same thing as a chip card when you buy groceries. Or when the SIM of your phone authenticates to cell tower.
>>102763261
>I rent a dinky little VPS thats allegedly in New York but has a Turkish IP for a dollar a mont
Do a simple traceroute and whois and what have you. And do it for IPv4 and IPv6 obviously, could be your whatever IP locator service is giving you false info.
>but has a Turkish IP
Says who?
>its always on and has a static IP, which my home internet provider doesn't do
How often you do experience IP changes? Are you on 4G or other mobile technology? Those mobile things lose consciousness for a second every time you look at them or couch or whatever.
And if you are on mobile, can you even receive connections? As in are you CGNAT'ed or not.
>its getting a little annoying having to constantly swap out files over scp
Isn't it just as annoying to do the exact same thing with a VPS? Or did you plan on moving to more convenient solutions?
>>
>>102770143
>not sure what you mean by working in this context.
Basically, the information that I stumbled upon https://support.yubico.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013790319-How-many-accounts-can-I-register-my-YubiKey-with
>Does the same thing as a chip card when you buy groceries
Yeah, but all of the chip readers are using one service, more or less. It's not like I can use my bank card as the key to enter a hotel room, for example, whereas the Yubikey would be for more than one service
>>
>>102769228
Fuck. What I was trying to avoid. I may not have a choice though. I'm going to just buy a 2tb, stick it in second NVME, and change boot order and bounce around until shit is working again I guess.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.