[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault.jpg (199 KB, 1280x720)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
I own a shotgun, an AR and 2 target rifles. talk me out of pic related as a first handgun
>>
>>62121689
Be a man and get a revolver instead of that plastic toy, sonny.
>>
>>62121689
If you can't rent it, pick one up at a shop and get a feel for it first. If it feels like the one, go for it.
>>
>>62121689
What’s your use case going to be? Pretty useless to discuss unless we know what you want to do with it.
>>
>>62121689
Strikers are cheap tech and trash to use. Buy a hammer fired pistol like a gentleman.
>>
>>62121697
>ruger
here, let me fix your sentence
>Be a homosexual man and get a revolver instead of that plastic toy, sonny.
>>
>>62122260
ccw
>>
File: 1664157406966904.png (280 KB, 426x853)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
>>62121689
concealed carry is probably the most important gun youll get
bodyguard 2.0 doesnt seem bad but i would consider the following
>mp 2.0 compact
>glock 43x
>glock 48x
>glock 19
>glock 45
>ruger LCP Max
>ruger security 9
>fn reflex(hammer fired but tiny subcompact frame)
>snub nose like ruger LCR or SW airweight
>sig 365
id say there are a bunch of better alternatives to the bodyguard 2.0 already
the FN reflex is probably the best one
its really about what features you want in a gun that you will carry on you(such as safety features) that wont be a dealbreaker that makes you anxious about carrying and if you value comfort over function
for me i go for the comfort route and have guns that arent great shooters but i have to crouch and get up on ladders at my job so having something small that doesnt print easily and doesnt dig in when deep concealing is important because im not trying to stir shit up at my work by making it obvious i have a gun
some people arent in that predicament and can carry more openly so the occasional printing isnt an issue so they can carry better guns than me
>>
adding more to this post >>62122318
check ballistics as well, 9mm is what i consider the ideal carry round but barrel lengths get small in CCW pistols and it can impact the ballistics
some guns, especially on the the cheaper side, dont feed hollow points so you may think a pistol is the perfect choice but when it comes time to load the good self defense rounds, it cant feed them reliably
also think about whether you want a flashlight or not, consider the weight of the gun too
a full size, metal frame CZ is going to be awesome to shoot but trying to conceal carry that all day is terrible
on the flip side a ruger LCP is extremely easy to carry, to the point youll barely know you are carrying half the time, but it isnt exactly good to shoot
probably a controversial take here but id say go for the SW airweight or a ruger LCR in 38 because its extremely easy to conceal them, they are incredibly lightweight, and they are guns you will still be glad to have in your collection if you decide you dont like carrying them
they also do have one advantage, they cant really malfunction unlike an autoloader, if you draw and are panicking, you just point and click, it will always go bang. if it doesnt for some reason, you click again and it moves onto the next round
autoloaders require more practice on clearing malfunctions in case it ever does happen, you dont want to be panicking unable to clear a stovepiped round
autoloaders do carry significant advantages over revolvers though and are the ideal carry but if i could do things over, id probably start with a j frame revolver as my first carry
>>
File: Blocks Your Path..jpg (734 KB, 1601x2160)
734 KB
734 KB JPG
>>62122260
Rape
>>
>>62121689
Crazy how S&W has gone backwards. The feminine 10 rd of 380 vs the high test 8 rd Shield .40
>>
>>62122477
stop pretending .40sw is cool. you're being contrarian in the most predictable way.
>>
>>62122494
40 is just better
>>
File: cat_cutting_meat.webm (3.9 MB, 480x480)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB WEBM
>>62121689
It's 90% the size of a p365 at 85% the price and it doesn't even have an optics cut
>>
>>62121689
holy shit OP be careful
(You) have just summoned the ire of the psychosperg anti-S&W troll

btw here's last week's in depth thread >>62053127
>>
>>62122275
>homosexual man
What a faggot
And yea i prefer smiths.
>>
>>62121689
it's a small .380 anon.
is that what (You) seek as a handgun?
the 2.0 is suited for deep conceal or pocket carry. It's tiny and only weighs ten ounces.
Outshoots all its micro380 competition (although no one yet has done a direct 1-on-1 with the Glock 42 or P365-380 but those'll be along soon), and shoots/handles surprisingly well for such a light weight and small pistol
It's neat, and shoots well enough for its size-weight but is that what you really want a microtiny handgun?
>>
>>62121689
>a first handgun

(continued from >>62123264) Here are some others in various calibers to consider in a carry handgun that is a compact-or-smaller size pistol
>Grand Power P11 Mk 12 9mm
>HK P2000SK 9mm
>S&W Shield 45 (also the Shield 9 Plus)

full size
>Beretta Px4 .40 S&W
>HK 45
>SIG P229 .40 S&W
>HK P30 or P30L 9mm
>>
>>62123000
Silly AI cat trips
>>
>>62123000
>doesn't even have an optics cut
checked, and it won't because the slide is too small/narrow for one.
also an optic would defeat purpose of such a small-tiny handgun that was intentionally designed and configured that size for deep conceal or pocket carry
there are other micro-380s and -9s with optics cuts that are in a slightly larger size class, it "works" for those... but the Bodyguard 2.0 is so damn tiny it'd defeat the purpose anywa
Does/has anyone put an optic on an LCP (<--any subvariant)?
>>
>>62121689
>I own a shotgun, an AR and 2 target rifles. talk me out of pic related as a first handgun
No. It's a good choice.
>>
>>62123000
Wtf how he do that
>>
>>62123877
keep seething in fact vapor lock over it sperg.
fucking retard
>>
Is bodyguard 2.0 coffee good for you?
>>
>>62123000
is this real?
>>
>>62123000
what the fuck
>>
>>62123000
What optic are you gonna put on a slide less than 0.9" in width? Even an rmsc would be too wide for it.
>>
>>62126010
saw one of the S&W guys talking about the 2.0, the design is too small for any presently offered optic

Does anyone have optics on any of the LCP models?
are those slides large enough to accomodate one
>>
>>62122318
> id say there are a bunch of better alternatives to the bodyguard 2.0 already
I’d say it depends what you want. Assuming it lives up the hype, and I don’t see why it won’t, it’s the best pocket gun out there. If you aren’t pocket carrying then a bigger gun in 9mm or up does make more sense and then pick off your list.
>>
>>62123000
with a gun that small you barely even need iron sights, their max range is like 20 feet tops
>>
>>62127100
https://ruger.com/products/lcpMax/models.html
Here's the catalog for the lcp max which I believe would be the fattest lcp. It looks like not from the factory unless someone makes a rear sight dovetail mount thing but those are usually pretty jank and ride very high.
>>
>>62123000
>sig shit
no thx
>>
File: Diamondback.jpg (574 KB, 1080x875)
574 KB
574 KB JPG
Imagine not going with the DIAMONDBACK
>both the DB9 and DB380 are tiny and easy to carry, especially the DB380
>very reliable, now being on Gen 4
>easily found for 200 dollars, even less
In a world of Smith&Wessons, Glocks, and Sigs, go with the best choice.
>>
>>62127698
who?
>>
>>62127529
yeah I was merely curious since everyone on any pistol topic even the micros now are posting "where's muh optic bro"
>>
>>62121689
I would let others test it first to see if there is anything wrong with the initial models that might be recalled/fixed later. I'm sure getting a good holster might be difficult for the next little while as well. I'd say wait a year or two. For now the Ruger LCP Max does basically the same thing at a cheap price and has been out long enough to have a decent track record.

imo for your first handgun I'd get a Glock 19, S&W M&P 9 compact, or a Walther PDP. They're all small enough to be concealed and easier to shoot than a subcompact while being more versatile with wider aftermarket support. I'm sure eventually the Bodyguard 2.0 will be a great option (and I'll likely get one myself once it's been vetted) but I wouldn't want to be one of the first ones carrying it.
>>
>>62121689
was just thinking of picking this up for concealed carry in the summer. was curious to see what others think. the only thing I could think of OP is that have you want an all arounder handgun perhaps something a little larger could be better. however, if you are comfortable with your current home defense setup and just need something that you can actually shoot decent and will always carry because it is so small, then it seems like a good option.
>>
>>62123000
>no optics cut
>on a pocket gun
First, why is this all of sudden a deal breaker? Second, it’s too narrow for one to fit. You’d need an optic with new mounting points. Or nigger rig a mounting plate with new holes
>>
>>62127867
I'm in jew jersey so its not like I can ccw the gun anywhere until they sort the court shit out
>>
>>62128021
I have a mossberg 500 and an AR I'd just use for HD
>>
>>62121689
if you're dead set on something pocket carry sized, then go for it. load either FMJ or flying screwdrivers because no hollowpoint that expands out of a short barrel .380 is gonna penetrate deeply enough to bet your life on
>>
>>62128205
I figure if its pocket pistol size I'll carry it everyday
>>
>>62123426
Exactly. I don’t get why so many people keep screaming for an optics cut. It’s like asking for a hitch on a sports car. Sure you could pull something but it’s not made for that.
>>
>>62127698
>DB9
>reliable
I used to shit on some Taurus pistols and know like them so I’m willing to change my tune. But what’s different from 10 years ago?
>>
>>62128218
based. don't worry about the caliber fags, any 9mm comparable in size is gonna suck ass to learn handgun shooting on
>>
>>62128205
Is that really true? What about Hydra-Shok Deeps? Useless? No Point? I find that hard to believe.
>>
>>62128301
>Hydra-Shok Deeps
those do well out of a 3.5" or longer barrel but I haven't seen an LCP test where they expanded and I'd be nervous about penetration if they did. BG2 barrel is basically the same length, that 100fps or so you're giving up is a huge deal for a caliber already on the very margins.
>>
>>62128301
>>62128205
I've heard this too. that .380 hollow points don't hit the FBI minimum penetration standards but FMJs do
>>
File: 1649706084546.jpg (89 KB, 1280x754)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>62127698
imagine trusting your life to diamondback
i wouldnt trust that thing to go off when i pull the trigger and would constantly be worried a slight bump would set it off
>>
>>62128205
>>62128301
>>62128345
How are you guys so misinformed on carry ammo? Several HP loadings penetrate to FBI standards with decent expansion.
>https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#380ACP
>>
>>62128292
only caliber that truly isnt worth carrying is 22 and that is purely because of rimfire being unreliable in autoloaders
if its a revolver go for it(but at that point why not get 327 HR or 38) since it doesnt have the same reliability issues
>>
Well OP if it helps you I just bought one. Still have an original lcp for pocket carry that I hate. So I figured why not.
>>
>>62128513
out of what length barrel?
>>
>>62128513
3.25" polygonally rifled barrel vs 2.75" button rifled is still enough of a difference that you can't assume results automatically carry over. if you want to change my mind, show me some tests with decent expansion and 12"+ penetration from an LCP or other barrel in the BG2's ballpark
>>
>>62128281
I'm anticipating the new SFP9CC (someday...) here in the states, and the newest enforcetac show pics have it with an OR slide
not a disappointment but a reflection of how the market for subcompact/micro pistols, namely the P365 and variants, have become a standard for smaller handguns having slide mounted optics.
seems like kind of a waste for such small/light pistols but... I understand. Just not for me
I get it for the larger-subcompacts (like maybe, say, a P2000SK) and compacts
subcompact/micro handguns should have as little gunk hanging off of or attached to them as possible, in my philosophy of carry-use
>>
>>62127735
this
looks like a brick
>>
>>62129216
I put a 507k on my Hellcat and there was 0 difference in carry comfort or concealment. I AIWB carry it though, never pocket.

I am likely getting the BG2.0 for both pocket and AIWB carry so I'd never want a red dot on it. The dot would likely disrupt pocket carry. There are environments like the doc office where I'd prefer to pocket carry, or just outfits where I'd want to AIWB but with the thinnest gun possible.
>>
>>62128575
>polygonally rifled barrel
>vs 2.75" button rifled
Does the rifling type make any appreciable different in FPS?
>>
>>62129216
>I'm anticipating the new SFP9CC (someday...) here in the states, and the newest enforcetac show pics have it with an OR slide
Which is in 9mm and has a wider slide. It’s still a small gun, but it’s not the same thing. I have a dot on my hellcat. I like it. I wouldn’t want one on my LCP.
>>
>>62121689
Consider the similar Shield Plus, slightly larger but 9mm is cheaper to shoot. Unless you're really into pocket carry
>>
>>62129404
I want something so small that I never have an excuse not to carry it
>>
>>62129448
pocket guns make a great first ccw because theyre so easy to carry and conceal. i still find myself pocket carrying often and the bodyguard 2.0 seems like it could be carried iwb as well
>>
>>62129462
cool, I'm planning to IWB it
>>
>>62129482
if you arent used to carrying you may find yourself pocket carrying more than you originally thought. It looks like a great option that can be pocketed or carried iwb
>>
>>62129399
>not the same thing
as what?
the SFP9CC is a subcompact(/micro), intended to compete with the same market that the P365 has carved out over the past few years.
are you thinking that HK's SFP9CC is somehow not intended to compete directly with pistols like that and the Hellcat (<--Springfield Armory's own site calls it a 'Micro-Compact')?

>I have a dot on my hellcat
>I like it
>wouldn't want one on my LCP
we agree.
>>
>>62129325
>0 difference in carry comfort or concealment
sounds nice.
as mentioned it looks like HK would bring the SFP9CC to the U.S. with the OR slide option.
Not sure I'd buy one with it until having the gun in hand to decide/consider
>>
>>62128205
>>62128301
>>62128344
>>62128345
>>62128513
>>62128575
I forgot, since I live in NJistan hollow points are banned* anyway
*banned** in the 90s because they are "cop killer" bullets even though they would do worse against police vests than FMJs
**you can still have them at home, at the range, at the store, while hunting or when transporting between one of those places, you just can't carry them because its like 5 years in jail per bullet or something retarded
***holotip that have those polymer ballistic tips are explicitly legal and endorsed on the state police's FAQ because we live in a retard state
>>
>>62129980
It's controversial to say out loud but there's nothing wrong with using FMJ as your self defense load. You're guaranteed to have deep enough penetration and shot placement is what really matters anyway for stopping someone with a pistol caliber.

Also the benefit of carrying the same ammo you train with. If you ever are in a life or death situation your firearm will have the same characteristics it does when you're shooting at the range when you pull the trigger.
>>
>>62129991
you don't understand anon, over-penetration is a serious issue and I NEED the extra .5" diameter
>>
>>62130097
wrong decimal point. a .5" diameter would be 50 cal. it would mean the 9mm would be .88 cal or whatever 9mm actually is +50
>>
>>62130106
>.355 (bullet diameter) +.5 (expansion) = .855"
eh? am i retarded or is it you? yea, I was exaggerating a little for comedic effect but I don't think I got it wrong
>>
>>62130097
>you don't understand anon, over-penetration is a serious issue
I know you're being sarcastic but many anons believe this. As far as I'm aware, there has never been an over penetration in a civilian self defense incident where the bullet over penetrated the bad guy and hit someone else after.

I imagine .380 would have lost much of its power after penetrating through a human anyway. Still lethal? Most likely, but if it has to penetrate additional walls or objects after hitting a human it's probably going to get stopped at that point.
>>
>>62129340
Not an appreciable difference. Maybe 20fps. The 1/2” of barrels sure does though
>>
>>62129898
> as what?
As the bodyguard. The topic in this thread. And what me and the other guy were talking about optics cuts on.

If it’s not clear: Micro pocket pistol like the LCP, Bodyguard 2.0, P32, etc = no optic. Micro 9s which are small but meant for IWB = optic if you want one
>>
>>62130106
It’s not quite .5” but HSTs and gold dots and copper DPXs get to .7” or more expanded. So it’s a .4” diameter increase.
Which is roughly a 288% increase in surface area. That is significant.

I also think you are perfectly fine with FMJ. I use FMJs in my .380 and 68gr Lehigh XDs in my 9mm. I don’t think JHPs will make or break you.
>>
>>62121689
First handgun is always a DYOR decision. The only person who can decide what you like is you. Try everything that interests you and decide off that experience.
>>
>another bodyguard 2.0 thread
i'm becoming suspicious.
>>
>>62131386
>why is a weapons board talking about a new weapon that by all accounts is the best in class
Wow. Such a mystery
>>
>>62131509
This lol. I've been observing pocket pistols for years but all of them looked trash so I never bought one and just sticked to my micro nine AIWB. This is the first one that looks like a functional handgun at actual pocket size so I'm excited to discuss it.

I am also expecting competitors to come out over the next few years resulting in a popularity surge for .380 ammo.
>>
>>62130956
>>62131558
>topic in this thread
it's the topic of OP picrel, yes
>excited to discuss it
I was assailed as a "S&W advertising employee" here for posting this thread >>62053127 (<--which you'll want to consult as it has a bunch of reviews and discussion on it) last week
>>
>>62130174
.74=/=.855, faggot
>>
>>62131386
hop made a vid and said the gun was pleasant to shoot
>>
>>62132108
>wrong decimal point
>I was exaggerating a little for comedic effect
>.74=/=.855, faggot
ok, so we've confirmed it's you who's retarded
>>
>>62132822
nah, that's you, tranny
>>
>>62132139
ah, that tracks. ty anon.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.