[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: aerial shaded.png (3.93 MB, 2547x3000)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB PNG
=READ THE GUIDE=

THE GUIDE: http://gunpla.buyfags.moe/

=READ THE GUIDE=

For those new to gunpla/plamo or even just new to this thread; please read the guide. Please read it before asking questions, as there is a chance it has already been answered there.

For the unclear, "plamo" is a shortened form of "plastic model". If it's made of plastic, someone can probably help you here!
If you're new, you're gonna fuck up. Don't worry! If you're experienced, don't make the new people worry!

And don't forget to report shitposting and spam.

>Why won't anyone answer my question?
Try being specific, especially about your materials and process. Post images whenever possible; even if the kit/part looks bad, you are more likely to get help posting images.

>Why are my pictures sideways?
4chan strips EXIF data from images when they're uploaded to the site from your phone, including the orientation display tag. To fix this, save your images separately, or use an app that will rotate and save the images for you.
One commonly used app that works well on Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobilephotoresizer

Links:
>A guide to other types of plamo:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/1vf1aw7v91pz5pa/Airfix%20Model%20World%20Specia%20-By-Step
>Kawaguchi gunpla tips:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx-SoCOivVEHNDOl16VWLB3A
>Gundam lineart:
Explore our extensive lineart links collection:
https://pastebin.com/KgGJFkHa
>Funaka's gunpla guides:
Building Gunpla: https://files.catbox.moe/fj5azc.pdf
Scratchbuilding: https://files.catbox.moe/2d9ppa.pdf
>Falldog's gunpla guide:
http://otakurevolution.com/content/laymans-gunpla-guide
>Saintism's gunpla photography guide:
https://www.saint-ism.com/category/gunpla/photography/
>Dalong's gunpla reviews and kit documentation
dalong.net
>Schizophonic's gunpla and plamo reviews
https://schizophonic9-2.com

Past Groupbuilds:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/197891373@N06

Previous thread: >>22692045
>>
File: shadow falcon complete.jpg (651 KB, 4608x3456)
651 KB
651 KB JPG
==INDIRECT COMBAT ROLES GROUPBUILD==

Build a mecha or vehicle that is meant for an indirect role in combat. This can concepts such as:
>Electronic Warfare And Communications & Airborne Early Warning And Control
>Minelayers and long-range weaponry spotters
>Scouting and Surveillance
>Commanding roles
>Sub-flight units to aid MS (Base Jabbers)
>Field Repairs & Supply
Basically any kind of combat role that isn't just "Robot made to shoot/punch another robot"

Submit your entries to gunplaplamo@gmail.com , include at least 5 finished pics and any WIP pics you took while working on your entry, as well as a brief description of your build.

START: 4/24/24
END: 7/31/24
>>
File: woundwort chip.jpg (2.42 MB, 2825x2969)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB JPG
Post what you're working on!
>>
Any thoughts on hg Powered GM and GM Type C? Any other suits that use these molds? I understand GM Custom only shares a little bit.
>>
Not a single build of mine has made the OP this year ;_;
>>
>>22696611
so post it?
>>
File: GMWIP.jpg (921 KB, 1200x904)
921 KB
921 KB JPG
>>22696596
Clearance Diver GM for the group build is at the point that I feel comfortable posting my first build photo, I do need to make the right shoulder joint sit deeper (I just put the arm on temporarily to see how the scale looks overall). I am still tossing up whether I want to just do scuba tank backpack or put a torpedo launcher/minelayer backpack instead.
>>
What's in your opinion the underappreciated kits?
>>
>no MG zaku ii fz
why haven't they done this, it would be an easy way to make money
>>
>>22696651
They did the Kai in RE/100, despite never fucking reprinting those kits Bandai corporate just go "well we already did that one in 1/100" and then go off to make 30 more recolours of the Unicorn or some shit.
>>
>HLJ listed MG Perfect Gundam discontinued
Well that's fucking bullshit. Should they do HG or MG 2.0(or Ver.Ka)?
>>
>>22696663
HLJ does that to basically everything they're not in the process of getting now or haven't gotten recently. IIRC even FM Aerial was/is listed like that when it's obviously not.
Don't stress it, Bandai has discontinued only literal handful of kits in 45 years and MG Perfect Gundam ain't one of them. That being said, it hasn't been reprinted in a loooong time and there's really no predicting when it will be.
>>
>>22696656
reeeeeee
>>
File: GM Cs.png (300 KB, 460x613)
300 KB
300 KB PNG
>>22696602
Some of the best HG GMs, they're solid as fuck with really good articulation and they still hold up to this day in my opinion. The GM Striker also shares the mold to some extent, and it's another good kit. I have like 5 of the Type C since it's just that good.

I'm also using the Type C for my current group build, and I used it as the base for my Desert GM. Never had a bad experience with this kit, and the joints are really easy to modify in a way where you can just insert it into the limbs without any issues for easy seam lining and painting.

>>22696628
Looking good, GM bro.
>>
>>22696656
bandai is complete schizo troll. No logic or reason behind any of their decisions. Put out polls asking what people want and then ignore the winning vote. dump tons of money into stupid weird projects or are way late to the party with their FAG equivalent.
>>
>>22696673
Thanks fellow GM bro, I'm still not sure about the backpack plans but we'll get there. Unfortunately the visor plastic fogged when I was gluing the head halves together, so I will probably do a full spray over of the visor and camera (might as well recolour it while I'm at it).
>>22696672
Yeah it fucking sucks, RE/100 was a fun line but the kits from it are now in a hellish purgatory.
>>
>>22696673
thanks for the info, love you
>>
File: 20240625_090841.jpg (678 KB, 1612x1209)
678 KB
678 KB JPG
>>22696596
Right now its Kamen Rider W. I'm planning to candy coat the whole thing, with the less shiny parts like green having a matte topcoat. I fucked up assembly by gluing the feet while seam welding so I hope that Gaianotes chrome can make it look pretty at least.
>>
File: Minelayer Ball.png (470 KB, 800x616)
470 KB
470 KB PNG
>>22696675
>Scuba tank or torpedo launcher/minelayer
The fun option would be finding a way to do both. Maybe something like pic related Ball Minelayer, have the scuba tank backpack with "wings" attached for the mines/torpedos. Just an idea.

>>22696682
Love you bro
>>
>>22696690
My minelayer plan involves the ballden missile pods, I was considering having a horizontal air tank (or twin tank) below it near the waist. Considering that the GM currently has no "real weapons" (just a mech knife and maybe a drill with some explosive charges) I feel like the mine or torpedo rack would add some "cool features" to be advertised on the instruction booklet.
>>
>>22696690
>yo dawg i heard you like balls
>>
File: Marine Parts.png (2.34 MB, 2274x1179)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
>>22696694
That sounds like a cool idea. Mine/torpedo rack would definitely give it some personality and an interesting silhouette so it doesn't risk looking too bland. Horizontal air tank(s) would add to the silhouette as well.

Not sure if it's helpful, but pic related also exists if you're in need of more "marine" parts in the form of the Portnova marine type and the Builder Parts MS Marine 01.
>>
>>22696715
I'm aware, but as a lover of both marine mechs and GMs I don't want to go too far into making it a hyper optimised marine mech. My internal fluff (will do a write up when I finish the model) is that this was a OYW small scale modification to some GMs that were too damaged to return to full service but still functional. It isn't meant to be shit like the Sloep was, but it is focused on Clearance Diver type activities like sabotage and other covert tasks over direct combat. The major changes are swapping out the foot thrusters for waterjets, the different backpack setup (the generators are downtuned, as opposed to most marine mechs that have uptuned generators due to easier cooling) and it is less focused on fighting in the water and more focused on making sure that critical piece of underwater infrastructure (like you know, communication cables, offshore mining facility foundations, "safe" harbours) just suddenly stop working. So less of an ambush predator like an Acguy or Gogg, and more like a spooky frogman putting cutter charges on your pipeline.
>>
>>22696724
That's fair. I really dig the backstory, looking forward to seeing more of your build and how it'll showcase that lore.
>>
>>22696742
Thank you. I am scared I won't make the finish (largely due to the need for appropriate weather when painting) but I will at least finish the build in time, and hopefully finish the whole thing. If not I will paint it when weather improves, even if the group build is done.
>>
>>22696746
>need for appropriate weather when painting
huh? you live in some 90% humidity SEA shithole or something?
>>
>>22696750
Nta but for the past two weeks where I'm at in Canada it's been 80-90% humility, it's fucked
>>
>>22696769
>where I'm at in Canada it's been 80-90% humility
Sounds like normal conditions for Canada desu
>>
>>22696750
Close, I'm an Aussie and we are getting wrecked by cold fronts at the moment. It isn't so much that every day is bad, it is more that for a while every free evening I have had is bad.
>>
>>22696773
It's normally pretty bad but its been especially so this past couple weeks. I hate this place, fucking sub-arctic winters and SEA rainforest summers.
>>
File: 1675792022956716.jpg (133 KB, 813x1024)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
Any upcoming announcements, releases or events to keep one's eye on?
>>
>>22696868
the pbandai aura battler dunbine ships in july so im excited for that to get delivered
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (33 KB, 560x560)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Anyone have the Zeta 3B? Is it a hand grenade like the original MG of the Zeta is?
>>
>>22696887
huh
it isn't based on the original zeta MG 1.0
it's based on the 2.0
neither of which were hand grenades
>>
>>22696674
Nah, I think this is unfair. It only appears that way to us because we have no knowledge of the decision making process or the inner workings of their company, we just see the finished product. They are a billion dollar company, I’m sure they do all kinds of market research beyond just shitty polls about the profitability of potential releases. Keep in mind the majority of people who are buying this stuff are just stupid normies who don’t get into the hobby beyond the surface level. These kinds of people aren’t going to be buying a mg g-self, they’ve never even heard of g-reco or know that its tomino’s swan song. They’ll just pick up a couple witch hgs because they heard about it on twitter and they’re easy to make with toenail clippers.
>>
>>22696892
Am I misremembering it? Or was it the RG Zeta that was the flimsy version. Well good to know this kit is based on the 2.0.
>>
>gwitch was supposed to be a turbo success
>only 1 FM kit, and most post S2 releases have been pbandai
>kyo senki
>2 FM kits, and all post OVA releases have been retail
>Sneed
>Make an extremely lazy """"recolour""" of the base Force impulse as retail
>Keep the Sword impulse behind pbandai hell for both HGUC and RG, despite it being one of hte most popular forms of the impulse with a retail MG that sees frequent reissues
>bandai makes sane decissions
lol
>>
>>22696909
>It only appears that way to us because we have no knowledge of the decision making process
You're just repeating what I'm saying but trying to spin it in some stupid way as if it's a positive aspect.
>I'm sure they do all kinds of market research
Every success that bandai has ever had they stumbled their way into. They're one of the slowest companies in existence to respond to success. For fuck's sake they have their own pre-order system in which they're capable of shipping world wide and they still have no clue what they're doing.
>>
>>22696913
They are probably making molds for FM kits on the mercury line or they are just that retarded and want to remove the MG line by not releasing anything other than rehashes of old kits so that the interest dies out and then they go all in on the FM line.
>>
>>22696913
I'm honestly surprised Destiny Spec II + Zeus Silhouette is a retail release. I know it's part of the lead trio but with Bandai's release model you never really know what to expect.
>>
>>22696769
>>22696773
>80-90% humility
>humility
What did someone forget to say "soarry" in the last hour or something?
>>
How long does it usually take for PBandai kits to be available on US PB after getting initially released on Jp PB?
>>
>>22696933
About 5 minutes
>>
>>22696933
Could be a month, could be a year, could be never. Sometimes US Pban seems like the leftovers from JP because it sells out instantly. Other times stays up forever. No rhyme or reason. Allegedly The O was on Pbandai in Japan but we didn't get it for whatever reason? And also recently the HG Ne Zeongs finally appeared on US pbandai - which were originally Japan exclusive.
>>
File: Ball Frame C 001.jpg (721 KB, 2160x1080)
721 KB
721 KB JPG
>>22696596
Finished painting one of my Balls. Still figuring out a stand for the Turn Red.
>>
>poorfags complaining about p-Bandai again
Bruh stop this retarded shit. You don’t even pay that much more getting it on surugaya with free shipping and no taxes. Come on now.
>>
File: 78968486082792.jpg (69 KB, 1000x1000)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
The Chinese is making the Sturm Und Drang add-on for the RG Epyon.
>>
>>22696959
Is this a bot?
>>
>>22696962
No dude this is just retarded. What do you hope to accomplish by complaining? It’s not like a Bandai executive is gonna read this and make everything retail. All you’re doing is just shitting up the thread.
>>
>>22696962
hopefully
>>
>Don't ask questions just consoom the pbandai bro
>>
>>22696960
Nice!
>>
If you weren’t a poorfag you could go to the Bandai shareholders meetings and ask your questions there instead of to random autists living in their mom’s basement who literally can’t afford the $5 p-bandai tax
>>
Finally, I have space to paint shit. First up a GM.
>>
imagine shilling a billion dollar company whos only interestered in fucking you over, for
f
r
e
e
>>
>>22696977
Very cool sigma male Andrew Tate Instagram grifter brainrot, buddy. Post bmi.
>>
>>22696981
You can leave /v/, but the /v/ will follow you wherever you go.
>>
>>22696960
Crab Vibes 2: Epyon Boogaloo
>>
File: mg the-o.png (114 KB, 306x599)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
MG The-O on Surugaya right now for 300 dollars if anyone here isn't a poorfag.
>>
>>22697020
wake me up when it's for a 6th of that
>>
>>22697032
How come the Luxembourg guy is the only one here with a MG The-O?
>>
>>22697035
probs a sugar daddy
>>
>>22697035
Because it's only noteworthy because it's so expensive and big for an otherwise lackluster MG.
>>
>>22696913
I'm actually mad about no new 1/100 witch kits, the MS designs were the best thing about the show. Where is my 1/100 lfrith, aerial rebuild, calibarn, pharact, darilblade, or zoworts?
>>
>>22697059
1/100 isn't profitable now prease understandu
>>
>>22697020
The irony of your post is that poorfags are the ones who pay more for the same or less and then brag about it. No, I'm not going to pay 4x MSRP for the O.
>>
>>22697071
spoken like a real poortranny lmao
>>
>>22697071
Poorfag cope
>>
File: sdsweddvwsed.png (138 KB, 324x282)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>22696913
>>22697059
the point of gwitch was to take their heads and put them on more appropriate bodies!
>>
>>22696959
Certain shitholes still have to pay more for customs and the surugay markup is still a lot compared to your mutts and your pbandai store. A 20 dollar pbandai HG is like 3-4 times the amount elsewhere even with free shipping. I will never stop this fight against you privileged fags, I wont be gaslighted or mislead, this is an injustice and I will continue to whine and complain about pbandai not seeing my shithole as worthy enough.
>>
>>22697081
The HG Psycho Doga was like 55 dollars. Still "expensive"
>>
File: 7a.jpg (492 KB, 711x1000)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
>G-Line Light Armor confirmed
P-Bandai of course
>>
>>22696611
Post them then.
>>
>>22696960
Isn't this equipment supposed to be for the EW version of the Epyon?
>>
ummmm... how important is the spring thingy in nippers?
>>
>>22697099
Take it out and find out.
>>
>>22697084
Well, now I'll wait a few months before crying for more g-line variants
>>
>>22696945
Goddamn, good thing I'm a wage slave so I can afford to just pay extra for some Jap scalper to get me PB kits rather than wait for whatever the hell US PB is doing.

>>22697084
>First the Nightseeker II
>Now a new G-Line
Feddie bros are eating good lately. Hope we get all the variants.
>>
Are these chink models recasts or do they have different engineering? I can't tell the difference between pic rel and the Bandai MG from the photos.
>>
>>22697067
>Limited release
>Jacked up price
>P Bandai preorder
>Get scalped to fuck all.

Being an MG enjoyer is pain.
>>
File: GPmrioAaIAA7yYF.jpg (502 KB, 2048x2048)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
I kneel
>>
I went on Facebook marketplace to see if I can get some model kits for cheap out of someone’s backlog… are these people retarded? All of these are like 1.5-2x more expensive than retail from an actual store. One of them is a daban that’s twice as expensive as retail price on gundammodelcenter. Some of them are already built or partially built and still more expensive than retail. Who buys this shit?
>>
>>22697207
I used to get tons of good deals on Facebook marketplace. Covid changed it, after everyone got stuck at home, every idiot got it in their head that all it takes to be a "model kit store" is to buy a shit ton of model kits then try to sell them for prices that only retards would buy.

The worst part is, there actually are retards that buy from them which just empowered them even more. I used to get cheap built kits that I'd fix up and use for kitbash fodder for like $5 per kit, now we've got people selling nubbed up built kits for above retail, and unopened kits for scalper prices even though they're not even worth scalping.
>>
File: GQ04a7uaYAAwOdr.jpg (226 KB, 626x900)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
you all ready for MG Cluster Gundam?
Also Beguir Bunny Ear Beu
>>
>finished kit
>can't decide on which kit to start next
fug :DDDD
>>
I'm sure you get bothered by this plenty, but none of the threads within the last couple days have brought this up so I guess I'll just be the current nuisance.
Moving to another town with finished models. I'm looking around on Google and finding a lot of different suggestions but pillow stuffing and cuttable foam seem to pop up the most, as well as one about manila bubble-lined envelopes. I still have the boxes of my finished models, so I reckon I can use those, set down a layer of stuffing/foam, and then add more with an opening for the model, probably partially disassembled.
But if there are better ways to do it or other input then I'm open to it.
>>
>>22697136
Likely the same. Check a review of the 3rd part kit and see if the main runners and parts are the same as Bandai’s. Some companies like Daban denote their 66xx series as pure Bandai copies while 88xx is inspired, maybe a few different things
>>
>>22697241
Post list I will decide for you
>>
File: gundams.png (31 KB, 598x352)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>22697277
>>
>>22697280
MG Hyaku Shiki 2.0. Very nice kit
>>
anyone have good recommendations for good white paint for air spray cans?
>>
File: m187_02.jpg (79 KB, 493x750)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>22697281
Sounds good. I already got waterslide decals for it from super indoors men pro. What kind of topcoat do I put over the gold to seal the decals? And for the blue part should I just do a matte finish?
>>
>>22697288
Only ever used tamiya pure white as spray can paint, it was fine

>>22697292
If you're not painting, gloss for the gold, matte for the rest
>>
https://www.gundamplanet.com/blog/bandai-hobby-q3-aug-sep-oct-reproduction-items-backorders-now-open.html
holy heck
>>
>>22697324
>MG Turn A Gundam
>>
>>22697324
>GM/GM
Time to fill my house with GMs
>>
>>22697324
>MG G04
hhnnngggg
>>
>>22697324
And here I was about to complain that the RG Unit 01 still hadn't been reprinted all year. When Unit 00?
>>
File: file.png (694 KB, 499x947)
694 KB
694 KB PNG
>>22697212
I at least like the look of this thing compared to the shitty F90.
>The best F90 is still nowhere near accurate to the line art and bandai is proud of this
>>
>>22697391
I kinda like it but the stupid decal needs to go.
>>
>>22697398
No.
>>
>>22697413
YES.
>>
>>22697391
I love how colorful the suits from that era are, so many red and yellow details
>>
I only build high grades, how do Moderoid kits compare? Real tempted to preorder the Liber Legis.
>>
>>22697425
I only build Bandai so I don’t know.
>>
File: IMG_7884.jpg (1.42 MB, 1676x3423)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
the neptune is coming along well! need to do another coat on the calf armour since it looks uneven, but i think the colour is really quite nice and complements the copper inner frame well. i'll do the panel lining and then a matte coat for the armour, i'm interested in seeing how that looks for a bit more contrast, to make sure it's not overdoing it
>>
AoZ SWEEP
>>
File: image.png (618 KB, 906x971)
618 KB
618 KB PNG
New P-Bandai drop tomorrow
>>
>>22697531
what the hell
>>
>>22697531
Aint no way thats true.
>>
>>22697531
>Its legit
What the fuck? They dropped the whole MG for the hazel line? Holy fuck and with an MG GM sniper? HOLY SHIT MG CHADS WE ARE SO BACK.
>>
>>22697531
I hate you amerimutts so much
>>
File: GQ9geb-XUAEhH-m.jpg (270 KB, 1200x1200)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>22697531
>that decal set
YES
>>
>>22697531
Alright bros what are we planning to pick up tomorrow? Can't believe they dumped like the entire MG Hazel line on us like this goddamn.
>>
>MG Line is dead
>Pbandai suddenly dropping a nuke.

Are we entering the MG golden age? Like holy shit.
>>
>>22697603
these are all reprints
>>
>>22697601
the night seeker looks nice
all of the tr-1s look pretty lame honestly
>>
>>22697605
Which is really surprising to happen since its the Hazel kits. Is the whole line really that popular?
>>
File: N2536553001001_004.jpg (152 KB, 1200x1200)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>22697601
Might have to pick up the Owsla, that bulky armor is sick
>>
File: 1703291467193136.jpg (78 KB, 695x720)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>MGcels so starved for new releases they are creaming their pants over some reprints of 2017 releases
>>
>>22697609
Finally I can get one of this.
>>
>>22697610
Let us have this fleeting happiness. Its all been HG releases non stop.
>>
>>22697609
oh shit actually that does look great
>$83
ehhhh fugg that's a lot of money
>>
>>22697610
I'm just glad I don't have to scratchbuild the night seeker II
>>
I remember a few years go that there was this page called Gunstar or something where people posted their customs and stuff. Does that still exist?
>>
>>22697621
https://gumpla.jp/
>>
>>22697625
That's the one, thank you anon.
>>
>>22697531
>>22697601
>>22697609
Might get the Owsla with the Shield Booster Expansion but $110 for all of that is pricey as hell.
>>
I don't reward laziness by buying kits that don't have shows.
>>
>>22697634
>no fss kits
you're missing out
>>
File: fss movie.png (946 KB, 594x832)
946 KB
946 KB PNG
>>22697636
>>
>>22697636
I mean it has two movies...
>>
>>22697639
1 movie. The second you think of is only tangentially related.
>>
>>22697639
>>22697638
since when is a movie a show
and very few mortar heads even appear in it
>>
>>22697601
Advanced Hazel + 2 Hrududus.
I NEED the Hazel-Rah Second Form on my shelf, no matter the cost.
>>
>>22697644
since google said so you fucking esl retard
>and very few mortar heads even appear in it
just admit you were wrong and move on.
>>
It's called Advance of Zeta because it advances Zeta's kino into slop.
>>
>>22697646
>esl
the word "show" being used in that sense is the verb "to show" as in "I am showing a movie". that does not make a movie the same thing as the noun "show". colloquially, a "show" refers to a series of episodes, such as a tv show. a moving showing on a tv is never referred to as a tv show, despite also being shown on tv.
>>
>>22697651
He's probably from the midwest or some weird southern state where they unironically refer to movies as 'the show' and soda as 'pop'
>>
>>22697634
What a retarded principle to operate by. Imagine owning no kits from Crossbone, Beltorchika's Children, Astray or any video game ever.
>>
if someone said they're making a new Turn A show, you wouldn't think they meant a Turn A movie, you would think they meant a Turn A series.

>>22697654
i would kill myself if i lived near people like that, and I've never heard anyone talk like that in the part of the southern US i live in
>>
>>22697651
how do you think we started calling it "show", genius? your fat ass has never gone on a "run" or a "walk"? i bet you would rather me call it a kino too
>>
>>22697662
yea but the way language evolved is such that "show" has come to refer to episodic productions rather than movies. maybe if we were living a century ago you could argue this, but there has been a clear distinction between a "show" and a movie in the vernacular for decades now to the point that if you say you're going to see a movie at the theatre you would say you're going to see a showing of that movie in order to differentiate it from the noun show that would refer to a series of the same name, in order to remove ambiguity
>>
Can the MG Thunderbolt be posed with all is gear and no stand or is too heavy for that?
>>
>>22697662
plus by this logic any tv series might be called a movie as well, because "movie" comes from the fact that the images appear to be moving, and isn't inherently related to "movies" in particular
>>
>>22697665
It holds up just fine
>>
>>22697531
Wasn't there an anon a few threads ago bitching about how these haven't been reprinted in a while? Hope he's happy
>>
>>22697531
Woundwart doko
>>
>>22697665
Its fine, but beware of it becoming loose over time.
>>
Will they ever make a mg woundwart?
>>
>>22697680
2 weeks.
>>
>>22697634
TVslop designs are typically far more lazy
>>
File: IMG_0904.jpg (2.68 MB, 4032x3024)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB JPG
REEEEEEEE WHY DID THEY PUT SO MANY NUBS ON THE INSIDE OF CONCAVE SURFACES?!?!

MY GLASS FILE DOESNT FIT
>>
File: hbzad6axws8d1-min.jpg (1.93 MB, 5712x4284)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
>>
>>22697773
Get a smaller file or sand sponges.
>>
>>22697784
I have sponges that I used to remove the nubs on the concaves of the arms. It’s just annoying because the glass file goes so fast I just breeze through the nub in like 2 seconds.
>>
>>22697774
This seems a little excessive
>>
File: IMG_0254.jpg (220 KB, 1290x1272)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>22697788
I normally use this for those kinds of nubs.
>>
>>22697773
lmao
oversanding mongoloid
meme glass file is a technique dead end for snapshitters only
>>
>>22697774
Its just random shit on each shelf. At least have a theme to it or have them pose in cool ways.
>>
>>22697804
His theme is that he likes consooming product
>>
File: terminator.jpg (1.45 MB, 1439x2004)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>22696596
Was thinking that I may sacrifice one of my shiranui seconds for decorating the base. I'll extend the base out to be wider and will likely break down the shiranui into smaller segments than in the VN. I didn't really have any plans for this kit so it works out.
>>
>>22697774
I hate snapshitters so much it's unreal
>>
>>22697531
How does the Hazel Early Type Quel Config compare to the MG Quel? Is it the same kit with additional parts?
>>
how do we feel about robotman who isnt as big?
>>
How do we feel about polycapless technology? Is it for better or for worse?
>>
Love watching autists have meltdowns whenever snapkino is posted.
>>
It makes me smile knowing that the MG Mk-V was slated to be a retail release but they moved it to P-Bandai just to BTFO poorfags
>>
Has anyone made their own white waterslide decals? Best I can find is getting printers that can print white ink/catridges, but they're either rare or expensive.
>>
File: wemm3ntspy451.jpg (200 KB, 1200x1600)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
I'm awe at the size of this lad
>>
>>22697802
What's stopping you from painting over afterwards?
It's just another tool thats nice to have sometimes.
>>
>>22697876
Go to fedex and print your decals on their printer
>>
>>22697877
Psycho 2 soon
>>
>>22697877
One day I want to set up a diorama with the psycho and the mk2. Is the HG psycho still printed?
>>
>>22697609
>>22697531
Why is the Hazel Owsla so expensive? It's competing with a bunch of really good kits like the Nu Ver. Ka and Sinanjus at that price point. Hell, you could get a Sazabi Ver. Ka if you spent just a bit more.
>>
>>22697425
I've built a Shin Getter, and currently working on a Dragon. They're pretty good so far.
>>
>>22697891
P-Bandai has been and will always continue to be a mistake
>>
>>22697425
They vary, I think Goodsmile gets different makers working on them. Moderoid Xabungle was nice.
>>
anyone have good examples of ewac custom builds? looking for baselines for making my own
>>
File: Muramasa.jpg (661 KB, 1834x2230)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
>>22696596
Thought I finished my Moderoid Muramasa, but looking at it again I really hate how the waterslides on the shoulders came out. This is my first Moderoid, and the kit itself was great but all the decals were really hard to work with. I think I'm going to peel the shoulder ones off and hand paint the red accents.
>>
>>22697906
Jesus christ those decals all looks like shit. I didnt build mines yet but i guess i wont be using my sheet.
>>
>>22697912
The white ones for the banners are fine, but any of the ones with transparency are garbage. They're way too thick and mark softer only makes them worse.
>>
>>22697884
You just missed the Hobby Lobby restock last month.
>>
>>22697931
FUCK. Guess it might be a while then.
Maybe for the better, though. Probably better to keep learning before taking on a project like that. Haven't even painted a kit yet.
>>
>>22697891
AoZ designers get royalties and AoZ kits sell very well. It's why Dengeki keeps the series going, why they are so much more expensive than kits on the same grade, and why they are all P-Bandai.
>>
Snapchads we /smg/ now!
>>
File: HG078R_hxg_v-thor_21.jpg (146 KB, 1000x667)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
is there any other comparable swords to v-thor's odachi?
I've looked around gundams but I havent found a real match
>>
File: 10594479a.jpg (107 KB, 1200x800)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>22697943
the snap cars honestly suck
>>
>>22697948
i built a Skyline R34, it looks good when painted as if it was a proper model kit, but the undercarriage is nonexistent and the axel is too flimsy. i hope they fix it on the new 1:24 ones.
>>
>>22697951
post it and be judged
>>
>>22697951
>the undercarriage is nonexistent
I know model building is inherently an autistic ass hobby but does anyone actually care about that on a car
>>
>>22697963
what the fuck is this question?
>>
>>22697212
>>22697391
I hope Bandai was able to rework the thing and allow backpack attachments despite having a core fighter. The original Cluster Gundam had a technically limited amount of loadouts due to that. But ever since they made the N-Type which was a backpack extension maybe they could do the same here.
>>
>>22697965
Does anyone give a fuck about what the underside of a car looks like? It's very simple.
>>
>>22697968
Yeah. I also care about mechs inner frame. It feels good to know it looks good underneath
>>
>>22697969
yeah, and?
>>
File: 1629746207418.gif (1.42 MB, 640x480)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB GIF
>>22697972
>>
>>22697973
kek. i'm not that anon btw. i answered on behalf of him because i've seen this exact chain of replies played out in this thread before
>>
>>22697982
>i've seen this exact chain of replies played out in this thread before
You can say that about any discussion here that doesn't involve new announcements or someone's wips
>>
How do I open the box?
>>
>>22697642
>is only tangentially related
Still part of the story though
>>
>>22697986
like so
>>
>>22697986
You hold the top and shake it really hard until all the bags of runners go flying everywhere.
>>
>>22697618
And that's before taxes and shipping. Though there was a free shipping coupon but I lost the link.
>>
>>22697594
>GOD IT'S SO UGLY
>I WONDER WHY
I must cop this decal set.
>>
>>22698022
He may have to remove the plastic binding first
>>
wow this looks like absolute shit, thank god you get the original sleeves
>>
>>22698022
infinity million dollar interview will drive you insane
>>22698009
YEAH THIS IS AN ANTIMATTER CANNON, WILL YOU BE RESPONDING?
>>
File: gundam diorama (1).jpg (206 KB, 900x600)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
RX-78 + Psychoframe?
>>
>>22698048
probably a solar panel for ESG purposes.
>>
Snapfag here. Do I use superglue for small parts to keep them from falling off, is good enough or do I use Mr Cement ?
>>
>>22698038
yeah not really a fan of color seperating the trims. those gaps are unsightly to look at. should have let the reverse washing filter the plebs from owning the kit.
>>
>>22698057
Glue is fine.
>>
>>22698057
>>22698071
cement lets you work longer since it takes a while to dry out. super glue dries instantly, so you better be quick on it.
>>
>>22698057
if the small part is purely cosmetic you can even use acrylic paint as a weak non-destructive glue.
>>
File: GQ-0pkVaQAAJo8_.jpg (140 KB, 1200x675)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
Man they're so ugly
>>
File: 1708539637502873.jpg (160 KB, 523x700)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>22698090
>All the time and effort wasted making these fucking abominations
They need to stop fucking around and make hguc Big Zam already.
>>
>>22698094
>mgex big zam
>theme: big
>>
>>22698090
Is the left one unpainted or literally a different kit? What the fuck was that
>>
>>22698097
i think it's the figure
>>
>>22698090
They could've at least posed them properly
>>
>fix hg marchosias weak torso articulation with cement
>works nicely
>also highlights the weakness of the knees
>can't disassemble legs due to how I set up the booster
Owari da
>>
>>22697774
I thought the Nightingale was bigger than that. The 1/144 is that small still?
>>
>>22698112
in height it's about even with Sazabi or a tiny bit shorter actually. It's the length and width that make it take up more space than multiple normal MGs.
>>
>>22698113
Wish the Re/100 was a bit better proportions wise.
>>
As s beginner who only buy kit every 3 or so months, Should I get Tamiya paint or Gundam marker for panel lining?
>>
>>22698131
Tamiya panel line accent color, no brainer. Gundam Marker makes it very defined and bold and ugly looking (look at dalong pics)
>>
>>22698133
NTA and I know this question gets asked like once a week but tamiya liner is fine on assembled models if you topcoat first or does it cause cracking regardless?
>>
>>22698142
>but tamiya liner is
*Is tamiya liner fine
>>
>>22698133
Thanks! I will get the paint. Can't wait to make my Fourze and Decade FSR look even better.
>>
>>22698142
It's fine. Just avoid panel lining ABS parts, and don't let it pool too much or the liquid seeps into a crack of two parts together, some people made that mistakes, makes the plastic brittle and cracks eventually
>>
>>22698142
Topcope before using tamiya panel liner, always. Even on the runners.
>>
do you guys wear gloves when working?
>>
Do you guys does panel line on the runners or after assemble parts or after build?
>>
>>22698172
is topcoat really necessary
i've tried using the tamiya matte topcoat but it doesn't seem to do anything even with a number of coats
only spray can matte coats seem to have an effect

>>22698173
i should but i don't
>>
File: zearth.jpg (108 KB, 1171x653)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
This might be the most depressing sticker sheet ever.
>>
File: 1518512969894.jpg (28 KB, 560x476)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>MG Char's Zaku that's cheaper then a HG
I shouldn't... the backlog...
>>
>>22698090
>Realism.
>>
>>22698196
Do it fgt.
>>
How come tvslop designs are so lazy?
>>
>>22698197
It's not tho, just dumb.
>>
File: owm4dzpw196d1.jpg (166 KB, 1170x1510)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
I think the new requiem gundam looks cool.
>>
>>22698201
rub yr dick, that's how you cum
>>
I jerked off to GN Archer
>>
STOP
>>
>>22698038
Is this the new sinanju? Holy fuck.
>>
>>22697880
I'm looking forward to it. Gonna finally make that ZZZ gundam even if I have to track down old 1/60 NGs to get the heads from them.
>>
>buy char mobile suit
>get rid of the dogshit mcdonalds colors and paint it green instead
>>
>>22698038
looks good to me
>>
File: Psycho Bawoo.jpg (121 KB, 498x914)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
Psycho Bawoo when?
>>
File: file.png (794 KB, 1000x563)
794 KB
794 KB PNG
This is what I found when searching Requiem Gundam. Presume this is not it.
>>
>>22698214
>Chinese bawoo
They need to tone down some of the edge. Get rid of the clown shoes.
>>
>>22698179
damn
>>
>>22698214
They can only reuse a couple of parts from old bawoo so most likely never.
>>
>>22698220
>clown shoes
>what is Jagd Doga
>>
>>22698226
What is a goldfish?
>>
>>22698215
Well it's definitely the Requiem from Gundam Seed but it's not the Requiem Gundam
>>
>>22698238
I just did another search. Requiem gundam is that ugly new thing?
>>
>>22698247
it's called Gundam EX iirc
>>
>big AoZ restock
>no Woundwort, the most popular AoZ machine
????
>>
>>22698285
It's all MGs and there's no MG Woundwort
>>
>>22698286
why not
>>
>>22698287
Because its a lot easier to build off the existing mg gundam mk II 2.0 and keep adding bits
>>
>>22698287
The world will never know.
>>
>>22698290
>>22698292
I don't like that answer
>>
File: GQ_-_YjaIAArQ-2.jpg (448 KB, 2048x2048)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
New Beguir Beu variant in Vanadis Heart manga. Expecting another P-Bandai soon.
>>
File: IMG_3395.jpg (273 KB, 1952x1200)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>22698298
>>
>>22698298
Bnuuy
>>
>>22698296
Neither do I. I suggest becoming a board member at bandai to get answers. results not guaranteed.
>>
>>22698304
Show up in woundwort cosplay for max effectiveness
>>
>mgfags screeching over no kits again
lol. lmao. meanwhile us hgchads are eating good again tonight.
>>
File: IMG_3396.jpg (70 KB, 492x623)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
How come the mg inju is so good but the 07 strike freedom is so bad?
>>
>>22698308
>x screeching about y again post (again)
You are really desperate for attention aren't you?
>>
>>22698313
I’m just saying, you never see hgchads crying about not getting kits
>>
>>22697076
cute
still not sure why the tiny 30ms type gwitch girl kits cost as much as two(2) hgs though
>>
>>22698301
I like the legs but that's it. If the market ever gets flooded by these kits and they end up super cheap on surugaya or mandarake despite markup, I'd buy a bunch
>>
>>22697207
>Some of them are already built or partially built and still more expensive than retail
all my hard work snapping that kit added value!!
>>
>>22697520
that's some sexy bronze anon
>>
>>22697863
>single articulated toe
this is weirding me out man
looks like he'd go well with some megalomaria shit though
>>
File: Beguir Torche.png (260 KB, 586x797)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>22698327
It is confirmed to be P-Bandai
>>
>>22697774
so much SOVL and dust
>>
>>22698344
yeah no shit, why else would i mention buying from surugaya or mandarake
>we have a pbandai store now
I DON'T
>>
File: 1707896567016154.png (123 KB, 610x227)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>22698247
it's the netflix gundam.
the netflix show's title is pic related
>>
>>22698349
>If the market ever gets flooded by these kits
No it won't. You might stumble on 3 to 4 copies in your area if you are lucky.
>>
>>22698298
those chunky legs are sexy, i want one
>>22698344
FUCK
>>
>>22698349
>I DON'T
Lmao. Americhads stay winning
>>
>>22698350
>Puking anime girl.gif
>>
>>22698310
They knew they would remake the SF within a decade or two but this would likely be the only shot at the IJ.
>>
>>22698358
Makes me wonder why they didn't do a RG Infinite Justice after they did the Strike Freedom
>>
File: GQ-2v2rbwAQgxgq.jpg (237 KB, 1952x1200)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>
>>22698371
Strike Freedom is exceptionally popular in Japan + protagonist Gundam bias.
>>
>>22698389
True, but why would they do a RG Justice in the first place but not a Infinite Justice afterwards?
>>
>>22698389
you are always obliterating Strike Freedom
>>
>>22698395
I believe it is rare for secondaries to have more than 1 RG release. Unicorn had like, 10 meanwhile Banshee had only 1.
>>
>>22698399
RG Banshee has the regular release, Final Battle version and the expansion set. RG Unicorn has a few more but the Unicorn just has more variants than the Banshee in the first place.
>>
File: IMG_20180203_132957.jpg (196 KB, 1317x1600)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
Has anyone seen the bootleg RG GM Sniper Custom around recently? I know it's kinda shit and from years ago so probably hard to find now but I like the idea of what's essentially Sniper Custom based on Type C and it'd still be easier to find this than the HG Origin Sniper Custom for a decent price and kitbash it with HG Type C.
>>
>>22698428
I believe Green NTD Banshee was a P-Bandai, which shows how secondaries don't have much trust from Bandai in term of money making.
>>
>>22698298
art looks good
>>22698301
kit looks like shit

classic bandai
>>
File: IMG_0905.jpg (1.92 MB, 4032x3024)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
Do you guys have aura battler dunbines?
>>
>>22698449
i fucking wish
>>
>>22698449
the only dunbine kits I like are the resin kits from wave but they're like $500
>>
>>22698449
I have an aura battler darilbalde
>>
File: Da4fYi4WsAEcn9x.jpg (62 KB, 650x832)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>22698451
>>
>>22698301
I am going to turn this into a Metroid themed kit, I just don't know how yet.
>>
>>22698179
I was struggling with the hiragana, and now I'm sad that I understood :(
>>
Why does banrise let other companies make kits of their IPs instead of just making it themselves? Like why doesn’t Bandai just make hg brain powerd kits themselves instead of giving it to moderoid?
>>
>>22698489
I was pretty disappointed by the moderoid brain powerd kits, does anyone else make better ones?
>>
>>22698489
Smol family company. please understand. Only a billion in profit a year. Can barely put bread on table for family.
>>
>>22698489
it's literally free money in the form of license fees, and they can double dip by then making their own kits anyway (like they did with xabungle). there's no reason to not sell licenses
>>
>>22698474
is that you, Darilbeetle anon?
>>
What paint color (I don't care about the brand, but a dropper bottle would be preferable) is the one for the dark grey used for the inner frame/metal in gunpla kits? Specifically the eg exceed galaxy (I assume it's the same color everywhere but just in case I'll say the kit I'm painting).
>>
>>22698503
Use nazca mechanical surfacer, it's the correct color but with increased scratch resistance compared to regular paint
>>
>>22698504
I'll have to varnish it, so I don't need the paint to be resistant to scratches (and it might be hard to get that paint where I live)
>>
>>22698497
I prefer to be called "16th Best Builder in gpg Anon".
>>
>>22698503
I'm not 100% sure but I think you can achieve it with 50/50 black and white mix with water based acrylics. Vallejo & AK are some reasonable water based brands and come with dropper bottles. You could also check out Vallejo's mecha paint line as the colours are supposed to be more or less a match with plamo colours. The mecha paints come pre-thinned.
>>
anyone got the bootleg psycho zaku? I don't really like thunderbolt designs but this seems like a good way to get a lot of guns for cheap
also the "legally distinct" name mental zaku cracks me up
>>
>>22698489
It's not like they were doing anything with Brain Powerd, might as well license it. Notice how you don't see GSC making Gundam Moderoids?
>>
>>22698475
Damn that's fucking hot actually
>>
File: 07-1.jpg (156 KB, 600x806)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>22698546
Busujima's kits are works of art, too bad about the absurd price
>>
File: IMG_7904.jpg (1.68 MB, 2561x2513)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
got the siren neptune finished up! i think it came out pretty nice! it's definitely significantly harder to get it into a nice pose, and i'm probably never gonna move it once it's on a shelf, but it was a good learning experience
>>
File: IMG_7912.jpg (678 KB, 1527x1669)
678 KB
678 KB JPG
>>22698559
and here it is in less harsh lighting, where the proper turquoise green colour is more visible and less washed out
>>
you didn't paint the siren emblem
>>
>>22698559
>>22698561
>didn't paint the mermaid
>didn't even at least use the decal
nigga
>>
>>22698564
nope i don't have the right paint colours and im not spending 20 dollars on paints for a tiny mermaid
>>
>>22698523
If you buy it for the delicious bazookas then go ahead. Also yes, it is quite funny how they write Psycho Zaku straight up but in Chinese instead of shit like " Psycho Fighter "
>>
>>22698090
Wow, these look so terrible unpainted, undecaled and unlined.
>>22698094
>no Big Zam MG
>>
>>22698567
;___;
i can try adding the decal but i tried that with the mirage and accidentally ripped them up and i don't want to do the same with this one

>>22698576
>Wow, these look so terrible
could've stopped there
>>
>>22698576
They look like those shitty action figures from the late 90s early 2000s that we used to get.
>>
>>22698090
Will buy these just for the memes.
>>
>>22698582
The color choices look good, though what kind of paint did you use for this? The blue looks a bit thick and uneven in places.
>>
>>22698652
I used mr colour, the blue was tough to see how much was being applied. maybe my lighting isn't the greatest, i just have a lamp sitting next to my shining into the booth, but it's hard to tell how much paint is accumulating because it's not like a bright spot light, just like a lamp bulb
i also get impatient painting larger pieces sometimes
>>
>>22698586
I feel sorry for your mother.
>>
>>22698449
I do
>>
>>22698583
>They look like those shitty action figures from the late 90s early 2000s that we used to get.
I was clearing out an old toybox to see if there was anything worth keeping and I found a bootleg looking GP-01 action figure in there that I didn't even remember having, definitely would've been from way before I watched Gundam at all really. Was missing some parts too so I just tossed it.
>>
File: 2024-06-26_152644.png (37 KB, 597x609)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>
>>22698710
I already blew up the second factory
>>
>>22698710
the second factory is STILL under construction? They gotta be finishing it up soon if it's to be opened this year. I know these kind of projects inevitably hit unforeseen delays but damn.
>>
File: 1000007730.jpg (620 KB, 2397x1816)
620 KB
620 KB JPG
finished up my MG Kyrios. very fun build, my first MG. made some mistakes with forgetting to apply decals on parts before topcoat, forgot to clean up panel lines on one of the legs, and of course, flat coated some of the transparent green pieces, but overall I'm satisfied with the build. he won't fit on any of the stands I bought so he's just balancing in the corner.
>>
>>22698726
2024/12/31
>>
File: 20240626_150857.jpg (1.92 MB, 3024x2308)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
>>22696596
Working on bootleg Psycho-Blade now.
>>
>>22698710
Are scalpers even a real problem for retail kits now? MG Zeta Ver Ka and RG Epyon were quite easily available unlike the RG Hi-Nu which was around the peak of scalping.
>>
File: 1000007731.jpg (1.38 MB, 4032x1816)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>>22698729
gettin up close and personal
>>
Which Sinanju Stein should I get? The ver ka or the Narrative?
>>
>>22698744
the new narrative ver ka is just outright superior to either and comes with all the old parts
>>
>>22698744
They look different. Why not just buying both?
>>
>>22698738
It appears their method of combating scalpers is to release nothing but shelfwarmers
>>
>>22698744
I would go with the old ver ka, but I just prefer the look of the sinanju without the sleeves emblems
>>
>>22698301
>>22698298
>bunch of interesting new or significantly new molds stuck in Pbandai jail
>meanwhile we have like 4 retail MG Sinanjus
why
>>
>>22698814
>why does Bandai...
You should know better than to ask that by now
>>
>>22698814
>>
Love watching poorfags seethe about p-bandai and stuff out of print. I just buy everything marked up on surugaya, never had any problems with it, everything ships in like 2 days with free dhl.
>>
File: GRCQEy7awAAcwFT.jpg (50 KB, 560x560)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>
>>22698710
death to bandai
>>
>>22698829
HGAC Altron finally?
>>
>>22698833
Yes
P-Bandai of course
>>
>>22698834
That was guaranteed once Deathscythe Hell was announced as P-Bandai.
>>
>>22698826
I just stopped buying gunpla, now I don't have to care about p-bandai at all
>>
>>22698836
>>22698834
p-bandai enjoyers are undefeated.
>>
P-BANDAIBROS, WE ARE SO BACK
>>
File: IMG_0906.jpg (291 KB, 1179x824)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
This is p-bandai fans 12/25. Hg mercurius and vayeate and hg leo full weapon set also going up along with hg Altron.
>>
>>22698175
Panel lining on runners
Pros: parts don’t move, easy to do all parts together and clean up
Cons: some lines can be hard to reach, sanding nubs can sand away panel ink too
Parts cut off, sanded, not assembled
Pros: easy to move part around, can ink hard-to-reach spots
Cons: a pain to hold if small parts
After assembly, whole model or by limb:
Pros: can ink only what’s visible
Cons: if not topcoated, tamiya panel liner can pool in gaps without evaporating and cause cracks

If you’re using tamiya panel liner on bare plastic, I recommend either on runner or separated parts (not assembled) so no broken parts
If pencil, sharpie, or gundam fine line, they won’t crack, do whatever’s easiest
>>
The same smoothbrains that defend and shill for pbandai are the same type of people who unironically lined up for Supreme drops. I hate snapshitters so much it's unreal.
>>
>>22698177
Gloss topcoat for panel lining, otherwise matte will make the surface rough and fuck up where the ink goes
>>
File: 1629131694810.jpg (343 KB, 1107x1200)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>22698871
>he doesn't have the MG 3.0 Supreme RX-78-2
NGMI
>>
>>22698826
>buying on surugaya because it has free shipping
lmao poorfag. buy it on a chink scalper that charges 2x SRP on shipping before i even consider you a /gpg/ chad
>>
>>22698878
I bought it and painted it normal colors but used semi-gloss topcoat so it just looks like bare plastic
>>
>>22698881
I kneel.
>>
>>22698868
So all the new kits in this crop are shipping in November? At least I won't have to feel bad about ordering the nightseeker 2 now.
>>
>>22698884
Based. Painting it so it looks exactly like bare plastic topcoated is one of the most based things you can do in this hobby
>>
Would a brass color in place of the gray look nice?
>>
>>22698559
>>22698561
Looks nice anon. Which paints did you use?
>>
File: lhhyeuqdasq91.jpg (105 KB, 960x960)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
We’ll have our day AGEchads… someday…
>>
>>22698897
alclad ii pale gold for the gold accents
alclad ii copper for the inner frame
alclad ii steel for the horns and then i ran out so i used tamiya matte black for the rest of the black accents and piping
vallejo white and vermillion for the eyes and the forehead dot
mr color c391 (interior turquiose green soviet) for the outer armour
alclad ii black base + chrome for the chromed surfaces
and tamiya black panel liner for the panel lining

the pale gold and turquoise were the only spray paints i had to order, and the vallejo model colours i picked up from a hobby shop. Otherwie I had the other paints on hand.

oh and mr surfacer 1200 for priming, tamiya matte topcoat for topcoating the outer armour. the inner frame seemed good enough without a topcoat, but if i had used one it would've mr color gx100 super clear
>>
File: IMG_0256.jpg (1.09 MB, 3024x3619)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>22696596
I just love the old Zaku so much bros.
>>
Remember to fulfil your AoZ fantasies tonight.
>>
>>22698927
finally, we can advance Zeta's slop into kino.
>>
Pre-order your Hazels!
>>
>>22698937
too expensive
>>
>>22698937
>>22698939
Gotta agree. The Owsla looks pretty great but $83 is a lot for it.
>>
File: 20240625_155913.jpg (1.95 MB, 2796x2615)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB JPG
I am not getting pbandai MG AoZ stuff (Canuckistan) but my friend did find me this locally so I'll celebrate along with you guys lol
>>
>>22696596
Birthday gift
>>
>>22698911
Godspeed zaku 1 bro
>>
>>22698957
sorry the warehouse worker kicked it on his way out the 4th story window
>>
>>22698911
Be sure to snip the snoot.
>>
How would Katoki salvage it if they make Ver.Ka, the better or worse?
>>
>>22698975
thinner waist
longer legs
more flat surfaces and less curves
god i can't standing looking at that thing for much longer, it is absolutely the ugliest mobile suit i've seen outside of seed designs
>>
Why the fuck the MSA-0011 Exs MG so expensive? Is it huge like the Sazabi?
>>
>>22698975
Throw it in the trash.
>>
The hate boner for the requiem gundam is kind of cringe. It’s literally the same guy who did the 08th ms team designs, it’s basically a more detailed ez8. Also the skeletal design is cool and especially shines in the animation. If you paint it, a little bit of shading will go a long way.
>>
>>22698980
here's a size comparison to help
>>
>>22698993
Yeah, but it’s in the air which makes it look bigger compared to the others. Also plastic is cheap as fuck, the amount of plastic in the exs is probably 5 cents more than the f91 2.0
>>
File: IMG_7645.jpg (1.24 MB, 2189x2476)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>22698992
>skeletal
that's not what a skeleton looks like
the dantalion is skeletal
the requiem is just too busy
>>
>>22698996
it's probably just the size and the appearance, plus ppl seem to be willing to pay a higher price for it so that's what bandai/resellers are going to sell it for
>>
File: file.png (3.34 MB, 1168x2483)
3.34 MB
3.34 MB PNG
>>22698975
Drastically cut down on the amount of excessive detailing+curves and lean into something like the Ez8. Because it's clear the idea behind it was something in the vein of the Ez8 to begin with as a ground type unit.
At the very least, i guess it might be cool to see someone take the kit and do an undetailing or simplification of it.
>>
>>22698997
Dantalion is somehow so much fucking worse than the reddit gundam. It looks like a bootleg bad guy from late-gen halo.
>>
>>22698993
Its a bit wide like the qubeley size.
>>
>>22698993
>Don't talk to me or my children ever again
>>
>>22698975
>>22699004
looking at the two back to back cut the new one's fins off and it would make the "helmet" look more natural
>>
>>22698997
I don't think it's busy. That's just the expo picture, and it's probably the most unflattering one you can take of the model. It looks less busy in the promotional picture. Also it looks way better properly posed than in the reddit snapfag pose. I think if you give it a proper paintjob with shading it will look really cool.
>>
This is how it will actually look like.
>>
File: 8ed.jpg (34 KB, 604x453)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>22699015
the face still reminds me of schmuserkadser
>>
>>22698968
I think they hired a bunch of new people, because all of my deliveries over the last 4 months or so have been damaged in such a way that it happening in shipping isn't a viable explanation, ie. shipping box is pristine and so are the kits on the outside of the stack, but one or two in the middle look like someone punched one of the edges.
>>
>>22699017
After building models from other brands I seriously can't go back to the gummy soft detail look of Bandai kits
>>
>>22699017
I get what irks me so much about this now. It's not just how shit the design is as a whole, it's that the arms are too long to look natural but not long enough to be fittingly exaggerated.
>>
>>22699019
I always thought it looked like the old sportsball guys helmets
>>
File: 20240618_231921.jpg (665 KB, 2000x1500)
665 KB
665 KB JPG
>>22696596
Been slowly working on this YF-29, decals add a lot of detail on top of the very smart parts layout and color separation.
>>
File: 1719454133525568.png (294 KB, 399x600)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
>>22699031
the true form of the requiem gundam
>>
>>22699050
lol. good work anon.
>>
File: 20240626_192632.jpg (311 KB, 1026x1080)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
Did a little shopping on the way home
>>
>>22698980
The Ex-S 1.5 has a ton of unused parts.
>>
File: 1704988943177335.jpg (1.52 MB, 1792x2526)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>22698503
there is a paint color guide on the last page of the manual in every single bandai model kit showing exactly which paint colors to mix in which proportions to get the results in the sample images
EG Build Strike Exceed Galaxy's grey is a mix of 3 paint colors
>65% Gray
>30% Dark gray(1)
>5% Black
they base it on the GSI Creos Mr Color paint line so it's specifically the Mr Color "Dark Gray(1)" paint
what the fuck is the difference between that and Dark Grey(2)? I dunno
>>
>>22699068
bruh why would you paint exactly according to the color guide? it just makes it look like bare plastic top coated.
>>
>>22699070
Not this shit again
>>
>>22699070
it's called longsnapping you philistine
>>
>>22698992
I don't mind the body but the head and face look ugly
>>
>>22698992
>It’s literally the same guy who did the 08th ms team designs
So?
>it's basically a more detailed ez8
And it's fucking ass.
>>
File: GRCVzUuaUAA0L1n.jpg (412 KB, 1242x1703)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>>
>>22699093
>So?
He's saying that because the guy had an okay design before we have to like his new ass ugly design.
>>
File: GRCVzX2b0AAlIsC.jpg (115 KB, 1079x977)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>22699100
>>
>>22698179
what the fuck I didn't even know there was a Zearth kit
>>
>>22699102
Now explain why that’s a bad thing to the naganofags in this general.
>>
>>22699112
>implying Nagano has had any good designs ever
>>
>>22699118
Based. I like you anon.
>>
>>22699100
Everyone at bandai needs to kill themselves.
>>
>>22699125
You will buy The Wing Gundam number 3 again and you will like it.
>>
>>22699128
Bootlegs only from now on, no longer giving bandai money. The chink slave children and their masters can have it.
>>
Sorry if this sound stupid but I want to know if I'm doing it right. When we said paint in multiple thin coats, does that mean I do a light coat first set it aside for about 15 minutes then go for another coat or do I go with the second coat right after the first one?
And how many coats do you guys usually do, I often do 3.
>>
MG G-Saviour ver Ka.

Think about it.
>>
>>22699122
The closest things to good designs he's ever produced were mostly the work of cleanup artists.
>>
File: HGUC_Schuzrum-Dias_box.png (2.33 MB, 1500x935)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB PNG
Is pic related ever gonna get a reprint, can't find any at a reasonable price
>>
>>22699145
Well why would they bring back someone who is that bad?
>>
>>22699153
They didn't, that's why Banrise kept shutting down Tomino's attempts to work with him after Zeta
>>
>>22699153
Nagano is a better designer than anyone who works for Bandon't. Can't think of a single gundumb design that I'd spend $1000 on but there's plenty of FSS kits that I would.
>>
>>22699149
You don't want to spend $90 on an ancient HG with peg joints? Racist.
>>
File: gsc18770_0.jpg (197 KB, 708x1000)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>22699166
Are you forgetting Kino Powerd
>>
>>22699170
>but there's plenty of FSS kits that I would
Like? I'm pretty sure the only kits to reach that price point are the old 1/35 anniversary kits, Twin Tower and ZAP
Maybe the LED bust? I don't remember how much that one was.
>>
>>22699136
I do a light coat and then just flash dry it with the airbrush and then proceed with a second thick coat and leave it at that usually, I don't often find I need a third coat and generally try to avoid it
>>
>>22699166
>>22699173
They also picked him as the lead mechanical designer for zz but he rage quit when they told him it had to have a gay transformation gimmick. That’s why the zz is so ugly because they made it last minute and it wasn’t their first choice for mechanical designer. And still they had to wait like 10ish episodes for it to appear in the show. Also iirc they tried to bring him back a few other times but it didn’t work out either.
>>
>>22699173
Sorry GSC but plastic can't do it justice.
>>
>>22699178
The upcoming Gatexion MK-II is around that price
>>
>>22699184
Sorry resincels but you’re gonna die of lung cancer at like 30.
>>
>>22699182
>but he rage quit when they told him it had to have a gay transformation gimmick
Why was it a problem this time?
>>
>>22699187
It's like $750, expensive but not that bad for the size and volume
>>
>>22699189
He made a transforming Gundam but Banrise told him to do it again but this time make it more retarded since his draft was too hard to make a toy out of. So he told them to kill themselves and left the project right before it started airing, taking all his mechanical designs with him and leaving them scrambling to find robots for their robot show.
>>
It's a shame because some of his designs were actually kino as fuck. But Izubuchi and Akitaka had some unique and cool designs that I'm glad we got to have also.
>Left to right: Hamma-Hamma, Emnine, Gaza-D, and unidentified "ground combat MS." The Emnine is described as "a male MS that forms a pair with the Hamma-Hamma."
>>
>>22699202
>>
Is the Nagano ZZ cooler than the one we got?
>>
File: GOHhuzIbQAEv-wQ.jpg (654 KB, 4096x2304)
654 KB
654 KB JPG
>>22699202
>The Emnine is described as "a male MS that forms a pair with the Hamma-Hamma."
How common is that kind of thing?
>>
>>22699206
A literal pile of shit would be cooler than the one we got
>>
File: Fa-010s_webp.png (255 KB, 376x476)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
>>22699219
What do you think about the Full Armor ZZ Gundam?

I always thought the regular ZZ was mid but Akitaka made it look great in the final battle with the Full Armor.
>>
>>22699226
much better
>>
>>22699198
Absolutely hideous. FSS looks good, but this looks like dog shit.
>>
>>22699243
Tastelet
>>
File: 11635399_p0.jpg (234 KB, 893x1258)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>22699142
I have, many times.
>>
>>22699037
Looks great, keep working mate.
>>
File: cannotunseeit.jpg (34 KB, 617x323)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>22699017
Friend gave this to me.
>>
>>22698826
So you enjoy being a cuckold. Got it.
>>
>>22699100
>>22699104
FUCKING
FINALLY
>>
File: IMG_20240627_163431.jpg (21 KB, 307x264)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Gundam EX? More like Gundam DI (Dead Inside)
>>
>>22699024
> I seriously can't go back to the gummy soft detail look of Bandai kits
You are that big of a snapfaggot that you don't even sand your kits?
>>
>>22699383
I will fucking sand its face to kill that bulge.
>>
>>22699331
>kills all unique and characteristic features in favor of generic gundam styling
yeah that's a ver ka
>>
>>22699364
that's exactly what i was thinking when i saw that foot design
>>
File: file.png (1.49 MB, 736x1057)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>22699396
>he doesn't know the Terrain Mode
Embarrassing!
Yeah that guy's artstyle really emulated Katoki well in sanding off unique proportions etc.
>>
>>22699389
I don't see why I should have to sharpen every single corner and every single detail on a kit for designs I don't even like that much
>>
File: kbycx-003_27.jpg (464 KB, 1426x910)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
oh no he's hot
>>
>>22699015
this is the gundam universe figure not the hg
>>
>>22699473
meant for >>22699388
but I'm sure someone's gonna say model kits being low quality is A Good Thing Actually because it means more work for the modeller
>>
>>22699491
>model kits being low quality is A Good Thing Actually because it means more work for the modeller
I believe modelkits have always been shitty. Thats what differs them from high quality action figues. It is kinda like a stockholm syndrome when you get into this hobby.

>But but they look dull and gummy
Are you sure that's not your fucked up paintjob?
>>
File: 2-o.jpg (60 KB, 448x510)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Surprised that Hrairoo gets a toothpick for a beam saber
>>
>>22699494
he old old
>>
>>22699494
it's reusing the Gaplant mold and tootpicks would still be the go-to for most HGs for another year or two
>>
>>22699473
>sharpen every single corner and every single detail on a kit for designs I don't even like that much
So it is because Bandai bad or Bandai kits have many ugly designs? I don't get what you are trying to say.
>>
>>22699493
>Are you sure that's not your fucked up paintjob?
No, Bandai chamfers every corner and edge on their kits so children don't hurt themselves. As a result you usually have to sand every surface to restore the edges. It's a completely unnecessary pain in the ass.
>>22699498
I'm just saying I hate sanding more than I like most mobile suits.
>>
>>22699504
holy schizo
>>
>>22699484
holy sex i want him to step on me
>>
>>22699504
>Bandai chamfers every corner and edge on their kits so children don't hurt themselves.
Then go play with a cactus if you like sharp edges that much.
>>
>>22699511
It's not about me liking sharp edges, it's about most Bandai kits failing to sell any sense of scale because of their generally "soft" look and overscale detail.
>>
File: ban975707_0.jpg (113 KB, 600x450)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Bandai will never reprint this, aren't they?
>>
File: 71ByS8gs9CL.jpg (148 KB, 1425x1188)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>no sharp edges
>on designs that are mostly curved
hm interesting
>>
>>22699512
I'm having several Kotobukiya kits right here and none of them have harsh spiky looks. It is just a common sense to design something meant to be touched at alot with safety ensurrance. I bought several Chinese kits and you know what? I threw in in garbage bin, because due to the sharp edges, it is hard to work with them afterwards.
>>
>>22699512
anon they're chamfered because that looks good
if everything had straight 90 degree edges it'd look like shit, not to mention unfinished and like a stack of boxes.
No chamfering is the easiest tell for amateurish models and scratchbuilds.
>>
File: GNQFweZWEAAV2Yn.jpg (226 KB, 2048x1458)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>22699516
>Kotobukiya kit
>It doesn't have spikes and hard edges all over the place
Nooooo you are supposed to be the chosen one!
>>
>>22699518
I remember several people bitched about Mighty Strike Freedom due to its spiky wings. I guess people nowadays will find anything to be outraged, huh
>>
>>22699518
>anon they're chamfered because that looks good
On their larger scale kits it does, my issue is mostly with 1/144 scale.
>>
>>22699521
Also it depends on the kit of course. Simpler designs are usually fine, but the HGGTO line for example damn near universally looks like ass. Same with RGs. Usually, the higher the detail concentration and the smaller the parts, the worse the kits look.
>>
>>22699525
trash taste
>>
>>22699525
rg crossbone looks great though and that has tiny parts
>>
Apparently, there’s gonna be a bootleg HG xi coming soon.
>>
>>22699535
Huh, pretty neat. Dunno if I'll go for it myself but if it comes with the funnel missile effect parts I'll be very tempted.
>>
File: IMG_5583.jpg (719 KB, 1242x1302)
719 KB
719 KB JPG
>>22699539
Your chink overlord got your back.
>>
>>22699543
Nice, now I am very tempted. Always cool when they throw in some extra bit like that.
Any idea who's making it?
>>
>>22699515
best hope is a pbandai hg in a few years
>>
File: daccas_main.jpg (151 KB, 1166x1200)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>on display at various events for a year and a half now
>still no release date
>>
File: G Savior.png (1.11 MB, 700x1000)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>22699331
Get this shit out of my face what the hell is that.
>>
How many Bandai model kits factories are there?
>>
>>22699561
1, which is 1 more than virtually all other model companies and they are opening the second one supposedly this year
>>
>>22699521
Let me guess, you never sand, never paneline, never even topcoat your kit and most of all, never cut away nubs.
>>
The sand man doesn't even paint btw
>>
>>22699521
Post your snapbuild and let's see whats your issues with HG/EG
>>
>>22699556
>what if i take a robot
>and attach ornate railing and chair arms everywhere
>>
File: N4HhLGx7zYh9oREnYwa3jD.jpg (956 KB, 3200x1800)
956 KB
956 KB JPG
>>22699570
You have to sand the surface before painting. That's fundamental in construction and industrial works.
>>
File: Jotoku-ji_roof_ac_(5).jpg (182 KB, 1200x900)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>22699573
It's supposed to be based on onigawara roof tiles apparently
>>
>>22699560
I've come to realize that I almost always prefer gundam designs that don't use the standard red/yellow/blue/white colors
>>
File: 20240627_200939.jpg (800 KB, 2915x4080)
800 KB
800 KB JPG
Anons, my backlog í becoming a mountain in my room. What should i do?
>>
File: ezgif-3-e040b56250.gif (1.05 MB, 360x203)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB GIF
>>22699595
Regular reprint Grimoire when? Also my backlog is organized chaos around my room. I usually play autismo tetris with the boxes when the top of the stack is uneven.
>>
>>22699607
I believe you can recreate original Grimoire from Red Beret. Then give it a paintjob.
Personally i love Red Beret due to its military colorscheme + Votoms homage.
>>
>>22699615
red beret has all the grimoire parts except the gun and effect parts
>>
>>22699595
Learn how to stack your boxes better and then buy some shelving.
>>
File: IMG_0908.jpg (40 KB, 960x255)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Babe wake up, new mobile fighters are gonna drop

P-Bandai exclusive of course, prease understandu
>>
File: PXL_20240625_224151069.jpg (454 KB, 3072x4080)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
Any suggestions on what color I should paint her hair?
>>
>>22699660
No, the Bandai logic will dictate that Spiegel, Tequila, and Nether will be retail; but Dragon, Bolt, and Devil will be P-Bandai.
>>
File: EX-Argama.jpg (154 KB, 1000x632)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
reprint doko
>>
>>22699660
Bandai please, the 2.0s.
>>
>>22699677
>retail Tequila
Please, I can only be so erect
>>
>>22699677
They're more than likely only going to make the Shuffle Alliance and the Devil Gundam.
>>
>>22699696
sorry anon this is verka era
>>
>>22699703
I would buy a Devil Gundam.
>>
>>22699704
>Gunpla is becoming early 20th century politics
The key to all this is the assassination of Archduke Hajime Katoki.
>>
>>22699703
I still holding my hopes for RG Master to round off this G Gundam line
>>
>>22699709
first new mold RG that's p-bandai exclusive ;3
>>
>>22699713
Don't you fucking give them any ideas
>>
>>22699715
you know it's gonna happen at some point, new mold HGs are the standard at this point and MGs are also not unheard of
P-bandai original mold Real Grade kit is inevitable, the only question is what exactly is gonna get fucked over
>>
give me 1 reason why bandai shouldn't make all of their new releases that aren't new series/movie tie in HGs p-bandai
>>
>>22699725
give me one reason why your mother shouldn't bend over for me tonight
>>
>>22699713
>>
>>22699728
this one is only like half new innit?
>>
>>22699722
RG Hazel. Or RG MP Nu so no one immediately notices it a completely new mold
>>22699728
May as well count Zaku minelayer and shit
>>
PG Gogg.
Think about it.
>>
>>22699725
I can’t. It actually makes a ton of sense. That way, they can make them to order since they can only print so much stuff at the factory.
>>
File: 1718621489672658.jpg (52 KB, 500x442)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>22699734
He's already perfect though
>>
>>22699734
p-bandai
>>
>>22699729
I believe it is just modification of Strike Freedom mold. However, if you talk about new mold for RG that is P-Bandai, this one.
>>
>>22699734
reddit
>>
File: file.jpg (278 KB, 1200x691)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>>22699729
It's like 80% of the way there.
https://schizophonic9.com/re7/rg_freedomgcp.html
>>
File: Nahel Argama.png (504 KB, 457x611)
504 KB
504 KB PNG
>>22699683
I'm also waiting for it. I have the Salamis/Magellan, I wish they made the scale larger. 1/1700 felt damn small once I put it together.

A guy in some 3d modeling/printing group printed a 1/400 Nahel Argama that looks really damn good too. I was thinking of commissioning someone to do a print for me too since I don't have my own printer, but I can imagine how expensive it'd be.
>>
>>22699757
Honestly they both look bad
Does the Freedom actually have a single good kit?
>>
>>22699760
Mg 2.0

The only thing that matters is how it looks and it looks good.
>>
>>22699017
The body is looks good, the shoulder armor needs to go and that kill me now face really needs to be changed. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>22699760
>>22699763
The MG 2.0 looks bad and can't actually do the full burst pose properly, the 1.0 is far better
>>
File: 01 (2) (1).jpg (131 KB, 800x600)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>22699768
In my opinion, the HG Revive version is the best rendition of Freedom as a kit. The superhero proportion and simple design give it a special charm. RG and MG make it look too complex.
>>
>>22699683
Ex model Ra Cailum fucking when
>>
File: GRE0XYrakAA5XCO.jpg (176 KB, 1062x906)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
Does Bandai hate Shining Gundam that much? Beside an old HG and an even older MG, it has nothing else.
>>
>>22699776
Anon, please. We're currently in the middle of HGFC line, can't you wait a year or so before doomposting?
>>
>>22699142
cringe
g-3 saviour ver ka on the other hand
>>
File: Many Ship Models.jpg (808 KB, 699x1150)
808 KB
808 KB JPG
>>22699683
Got mine a few months ago, along with some others.
>>
>>22699778
when is the HGCC line coming
>>
>>22699782
Absolutely based. When you build the Salamis and Magellans, can you post pictures of the 1/1200 scales next to the 1/1700 scales? I've been wondering how big the difference in scale is.
>>
>>22699783
Wait for the 30th anniversary of Turn A in 5 years
>>
File: ex23_88.jpg (100 KB, 900x483)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>22699785
Dalong got you covered.
>>
>>22699788
but i'll be 35 years old then i don't want to wait half a fucking decade
>>
>>22699790
why doesn't Dalong put ads on his site?
>>
File: dalong.png (217 KB, 867x627)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>22699796
>>
>>22699188
but im already 30
>>
>hobby-genki asks like 4k yen to ship MG Sahlenthropus via DHL
>Volks store asked me 7k to ship that massive KOG with the massive fuck off cannon via DHL
>Surugaya asks me 500 yen commision fee to ship via DHL for 0 yen
>HLJ is asking 10k to ship the same kit via DHL
>Mandarake is asking 13k via DHL
Why IS HLJ and madarake so jewish?
>>
>>22699790
I need to stop forgetting that Dalong exists. Thanks anon. I like how much bigger the 1/1200 are but I can tell it doesn't have anywhere near as much detail. Sucks.
>>
>>22699803
You can try scribing some 1700 details on 1200 but it's gonna be a lengthy project.
>>
>>22699802
Newfags don't remember the golden age of HLJ shipping. I got this haul the summer of '18. VGH, take me back...
>>
>>22699758
Just get a printer, FDM has come a long way. A1 mini is like 200$ and can get you real close to SLA.
>>
>>22699017
The face looks like a fat kid stuffed into a football helmet
>>
>>22699811
>30 dollars on amazon
>5-10 dollar shipping at most
better times.
>>
Are we actually gonna get a RG Master Gundam? It seems like a lot of people are saying we will since they're making more G Gundam kits. It already has a HGFC kit and it doesn't seem that popular.
>>
>>22699830
Bandai is all about low effort easy money remakes, so I would guess yes.
>>
>>22699830
Unfortunately our timeline shifted at some point and we got RG Epyon instead of RG Master
>>
>>22699782
>stack of gunpla in the dark woods
Fuck you skinwalker you'll never take me alive
>>
Why do all his Gundams look the same?
>>
>>22699849
I like how they just removed the commander antenna and gave the IJ2 another beam saber on the head. The Justice went from a gimmicky commander unit to having a million beam sabers.
>>
>>22699849
>Why do Justice Gundam's upgrades look similar to Justice Gundam itself?
>>
>>22699853
Did Okawara just run out of ideas having to make so many Gundams for SEED that he just had to use the same justice design 3 times and copy all the old zeon suits for the zaft monoeyes? Seriously why didn't they bring on more mechanical designers for the show? At least have one other guy to do the baddies suits. All the 90s shows had multiple designers.
>>
>>22699758
>>22699816
Some 1/1700 WIPs.
>>
>>22699859
Junichi Akutsu did some designs for SEED but all of the MS in Destiny were designed by Okawara.
>>
>>22699773
The original design of the freedom (as with most okawara designs) looks best in motion, the mg 2.0 is the only version of the freedom I like looking at standing still due to its proportions and detail, though I totally understand people who want to avoid excess detail and I can be like that for some designs I just think the freedom uses it well
>>
>>22699849
No need to change peak
But the type II is a downgrade sadly, why did they get rid of the head camera :((((
>>
File: Spooky Demi Forest.jpg (1.39 MB, 1250x938)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>22699847
>>
>>22699877
You’re going to need some better bait than that
>>
>>22699868
Why didn’t they bring on some other guys for Destiny? I mean I bet they were just rolling in money after the commercial success that SEED was.

Fuck man. Makes me think we were just spoiled silly in the older shows. I mean we had a show with both Okawara and Nagano as designers. Then right after Izubuchi and Akitaka. Then through the whole 90s we got Okawara, Ishigaki, and Hajime fucking Katoki. Destiny is poverty tier compared to that lineup.
>>
>>22699878
>>22699877
Note to sell. When coming upon gunpla in the woods, be low ready.
>>
File: Bigfoot Sighting.jpg (1.04 MB, 1000x778)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>22699878
>>
>>22699849
Wow thanks for reminding how great the Justice gundam is.
>>
>>22699859
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. As if the outrage on Aerial Rebuild still hasn't diedown yet.
>>
>>22699890
Mmmm, fuck it’s close
>>
>>22699890
Fine, I'll go innawoods now.
>>
>>22699898
What were people mad about? The design change is a perfect way to show how aerial has gone from a companion at school to a killing machine
>>
>>22699898
I actually like rebuild better
>>
>>22699904
It looks stupid rather than menacing.
>>
>>22699904
Maybe the giant blue tumors need some color separation in them.
>>
>>22699758
Oh shit do you have any more pics of this or a link to an album? I've always dreamed of seeing this in a larger scale.
>>
>>22699910
military hardware rarely comes with "color separation"
>>
>>22699778
HGFC is a fuckin scam because it's all P Bandai. Also I just want a fucking 1/100 scale Bolt and Rose for fuck's sake I can't handle it anymore it's not fair.
>>
File: floor pie.gif (1.77 MB, 300x225)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB GIF
>>22699890
ooh- floorpla
>>
File: file.png (1.18 MB, 1200x1200)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>22699913
>Military hardware
Right. I'll keep that argument in mind for literally everything else in Witch or any other Gundam related design that has color separation.
>>
>>22699913
>military hardware rarely comes with "color separation"
>>
>>22699910
Also, the face needs additional vent so it won't look like a weird looking mouth
>>
>>22699923
>camouflage slapped across the entire thing
color separation is meant to highlight the suit's shape and features, not obscure them
>>
>>22699910
What? The backpack has plenty with the grey veins and yellow fins and monochrome shoulder armor is hardly out of the ordinary
>>
>>22699924
It's the Minami-ke mouth. :<
>>
>>22699904
Gundam niggas point at silly giant cartoon robot then claim it is the scariest cosmic horror ever existed.
>>
>>22699919
The Dilanza and most WFM designs in general really don't really have that much more color separation than the Aerial Rebuild. Most of the designs are fairly clean and simple, probably so they wouldn't need many color correcting stickers.
>>
>>22699929
The back pack, the shoulders, and then finally the chest are all blue. It needs something to break it up.
>>
>>22699933
*Darrilbalde, got the names mixed up.
>>
>>22699926
In-universe, it is just a paintjob and nothing more. No different than you slapping decals on your kit to give it some details.
>>
>>22699933
I kind of fucked up on using that example without contextualizing it. Considering that the retard started going on about military hardware and there are giant red, white/purple, white/red/blue/yellow war robots flying around. I meant to point out how dumbshit retarded it is to cite military hardware as any sort of excuse. TL;DR anon is a prancing lala faggot.
>>
>>22699931
It’s simply a more militaristic and aggressive design in contrast to the original aerial
>>
File: IMG_3154-800x600.jpg (56 KB, 800x600)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>
>>22699934
The chest and backpack arent all blue though, only the shoulders are all blue
>>
>>22699933
Dilanza is more colorful than you remember. They have 2 purple greebles, 2 white greebles, along with grey torso to contrast with the cadet blue head and limps. Aerial Rebuild's problem is that her shoulders, wings and part of the chest are all blue, making them too bland and bleed into each other.
>>
>>22699943
Why does the type 2 look so squat and tiny, the og inju looks so much better
>>
I like predominantly one color designs
>>
>>22699953
Except it looks quite colorful
>>
File: file.png (154 KB, 396x252)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>>22699944
Side chest, shoulder, backpack which blends in too much altogether. It needs something to break it up.
>>
Which kit has the coolest expansion set?
>>
>>22699958
HWS Nu
>>
>>22699957
Middle chest, desperately needs that yellow colour and the shoulder armor too.
>>
>>22699953
Why are the spikes painted in solid colors? I thought those were supposed to be beam spikes?
>>
>>22699962
In that image the left shoulder and left backpack actually blend together to resemble one big blob lol.
>>
>>22699958
HG Scopedog. Just pure manliness.
>>
>>22699960
>Still have that fatty on my backlog.

I will build it soon.
>>
>>22699965
Yeah, this is one of the off putting part of the rebuild. It's so out of place and ruins Aerial.
>>
Why isn't there an entry grade zaku?
>>
>>22699898
I fucking love rebuild so much. Haven't even watched the show, I just love the design. Blue feet? Sick as fuck.
>>
>>22699972
I believe EG is for Gundam only. Beginners to the hobby won't know what the fuck is a Zaku.
>>
>>22699965
Thats only because the example is an unpainted model that doesnt even have any panel lining
>>
>>22699966
As based as it gets. I'm excited for the new expansions.
>>
>>22699975
>I believe EG is for Gundam only.
aren't there entry grade pokemon and naruto and goku
>>
>>22699976
No. It should have something in there to add color separation.
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/gundam/images/f/f0/Gundam_Aerial_Rebuild_Front.png/revision/latest?cb=20230108103719
>>
>snapshitter can't panel line or paint
>bitches about something that needs paint and panel lines
>muh color separation!!!
Massive snapshitter tastelet skill issue
>>
>>22699975
i guess that's kinda fair
i just think an entry grade zaku 1 would be fantastic
>>
>>22699981
u mean like shading/highlighting/color modulation/weathering/etc
>>
>>22699981
Even just putting the bits on adds white to the shoulders
>>
>>22699987
No. A yellow, red, or white to break up all that blue.
>>
>colourblind snappy complaining about some valid points on the Aerial rebuild.

NOOOOO, it's finerinos, there's no probleeem with the blue blob on the Rebuild. Except it killed the identity of Aerial and just flat out killed the charm that the original had.
>>
>>22699992
Bruh, the whole point is to show how aerial has gone from a companion at school to a killing machine. It’s supposed to have a more aggressive and militaristic feel.
>>
>>22699992
Use your fucking brain anon it killed the charm and identity of the aerial because it represents suletta submitting to her mothers will and using aerial as a weapon as it was originally intended, the charm of the original was always a cover, its fine if you dont like the design but at least understand why it is what it is
>>
>>22699987
painting a gundam like a fantasy miniature or a ww2 diorama is never not going to look stupid
>>
>>22699995
If that was the whole intention of upgrading Aerial, they would have just gone full on Grey+Black like with the Schwarzette which actually looks more menacing except they slapped on the blue colour to it.
>>
>>22698891
One anon recently said he liked my semi gloss white
>>
>>22700000
It needs to still recognisably be aerial because eri’s humanity still remains
>>
>>22698878
I hate these clear colour kits so much and I hope that if anyone has it in this thread, I hope that it melts.
>>
>>22699760
HG SEED and NG 1/100
>>
>>22699773
That kit's only flaw is the wing pieces. It's one solid block instead of having the separations that the MG 2.0 has.
>>
One moment, I just woke up.
>>
>>22700024
take your time sweetie
>>
We are only on page 6 you fucking dunce
>>
>>22700024
I would post Fred Durst but I can't
>>
>>22700030
>image limit
>>
>>22700036
None of you paint to actually need to post your work. You just use images for shitposting
>>
>>22700030
Who cares faggot, why does that even bother you? Oh no is it gonna bump a dead retarded thread off the board? Kill yourself.
>>
Image limit, so new thread.

>>22700049
>>22700049
>>22700049
>>
>>22700060
thanks babe
>>
>>22700051
>>22700062
Hope he sees this bro
>>
>>22697773
Is that supposed to be mecha Bondrewd??
>>
>>22699076
nobody cares about your retarded word anon.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.