[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: schumann.jpg (548 KB, 2705x2658)
548 KB
548 KB JPG
Chad Schumann edition

This thread is for the discussion of music in the Western classical tradition.

>How do I get into classical?
This link has resources including audio courses, textbooks and selections of recordings to help you start to understand and appreciate classical music:
https://pastebin.com/NBEp2VFh

Previous thread: >>123977031
>>
>>123983603
based chad schumann
>>123983622
cringe tranny
>>
>>123983602
>>123983602
>>123983602

>>123983602
>>123983602
>>123983602
>>
File: based schumann.jpg (119 KB, 1024x1001)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
Schumann

https://youtu.be/6z82w0l6kwE
>>
>>123983657
cringe tranny
>>
>>123983657
Dilate
>>
>>123983657
Sorry, anon, this one was first, them the rules :/
>>
>>123983696
by 20 seconds and it's shit. OP is a fucking faggot.
>>
>>123983708
cope
>>
>>123983708
Without first come first serve, it'd be anarchy!
>>
>>123983708
still not as much of a faggot as the pedophile dogfucker kraut though
>>
>>123983603
Schumann’s piano pieces alone (to name but one work) prove that you do not need atonality to express the full range of human emotions. Any suggestion otherwise is sheer absurdity. Forms of tonality and tonal organization reign in virtually every form of music produced by every human culture prior to the cataclysm of artistic “modernism”. (Modes, raga, microtonality, etc.)

Atonality is, to me, a sign of petty angst, pretense, contempt for other human beings, and a general dearth of creativity or artistry. Good art, to me, communicates to its audience in a language they can understand; it is self-evident; I don’t believe it should require explanation or erudition to be understood and appreciated (though erudition can and should enhance the experience for those fortunate enough to have it.

Atonality is, to me, the Ivory Tower of music, a baleful snobbery that deems anyone who points out what is obvious to all—that it does not sound pleasant—as an inferior peasant. I see it as sound and fury signifying something only its composer is purview to—and hence, barely distinguishable from signifying nothing at all.

Speaking as a mathematician, it is also an technically insult to noise to compare it to atonality; statistically speaking, random sounds are more likely to have quasi-tonal, modal, or honestly tonal passages in them than, say, your average piece of serialism.

I see tonality is an abrogation of music’s inherent teleological capabilities as a narrative art (the narrative being the establishment of consonance, and the creation and resolution of dissonance); analogous to music to what, say, Finnegans Wake is to literature: interesting from a technical or theoretical perspective, and that’s about it.

I can’t stand atonality for the same reason I can’t stand alcohol: it burns going down, causing me physical (and psychological) discomfort in the process.

Listen to it if you must, but please... don’t say it is necessary.
>>
Schumann

https://youtu.be/8xFU0IJimX4
>>
>https://desuarchive.org/mu/search/image/9_hzUo2WZaBntWuM5oM-Bw/
>>
>>123983831
based chad schumann poster
>>
>>123983850
Schumann couldn't orchestrate to save his life.
>>
>>123983831
Based
>>
How do I compose like Scriabin?
>>
>>123983868
that’s ok, he’s still based
>>123983905
step 1: be a schizophrenic incel with delusions of grandeur
>>
>>123983905
>>
I personally like this thread, it has content. Op provided content, the other thread is rushed. The just said "Babbitt" and boom, left it as it is. This OP provided content, even if it was just memes, but still he provided the variety in Schumann and I enjoyed it alot. It is like tasting a different type of /classical/ all together. The other just feels robotic and typical.
>>
Now we got two, great.
>>
favorite composers before Bach?
>>
>>123983988
Ockeghem, Josquin, Monteverdi, Gesualdo, Lassus, Obrecht
>>
File: 1647233646828.png (489 KB, 1125x1161)
489 KB
489 KB PNG
>>123983868
Unfortunately, methods in music teaching, instead of making students thoroughly acquainted with the music itself, furnish a conglomerate of more or less true historical facts, sugarcoated with a great number of more or less false anecdotes about the composer, his performers, his audiences, and his critics, plus a strong dose of popularized aesthetics. Thus I once read in an examination paper of a sophomore, who had studied only a little harmony and much music appreciation, but who had certainly not heard much “live” music, that “Schumann’s orchestration is gloomy and unclear.” This wisdom was derived directly and verbally from the textbook used in class. [...]
Thus, there is not the same degree of unanimity among experts of orchestration as there is between the sophomore girl and her textbook. But irreparable damage has been done; this girl, and probably all her classmates, will never listen to the orchestra of Schumann naively, sensitively, and open-mindedly. At the end of the term she will have acquired a knowledge of music history, aesthetics, and criticism, plus a number of amusing anecdotes; but unfortunately she may not remember even one of those gloomily orchestrated Schumann themes. In a few years she will take her master’s degree in music, or will have become a teacher, or both, and will disseminate what she has been taught: ready-made judgments, wrong and superficial ideas about music, musicians, and aesthetics.
>>
>>123983452
Sure. Just the mono ones? I only did edits on 2, 4, 5, and 8, since I don't care for the other mono recordings in that cycle. It's really just small EQ tweaks, and cleaning up a few ticks and pops.
https://litter.catbox.moe/8yjjif.zip

This may be of interest to you too, btw. A performance of Beethoven's 5th at more or less the metronome markings, with a full orchestra, and no HIPisms. It's conducted by Gunther Schuller, a jazz musician, and, as such, it's a bit stiff, but hey. The orchestra is actually the New York Philharmonic basically, with a few other famous american musicians thrown in.
https://litter.catbox.moe/h2azkt.zip
>>
>>123984049
oh hey, gunther schuller did a beethoven 5? that’s funny. thanks for the links.
>>
>>123984058
Yes, the booklet is actually kind of a funny read. He throws some shade at HIPsters and interventionist performers alike.

He wrote a book on conducting. I haven't read it, though.
>>
>>123984074
neither have i, but i’m not sure what a third stream guy would have to say about orchestral conducting if i’m being honest.
>>
>>123984092
If you can get your hands on it, Rudolf Kolisch's "Tempo and Character in Beethoven's Music" is a great read. Goes into the MM back during a time where it was still blasphemous.
>>
>>123983746
"Atonality" is not real, anon.
>>
Both threads are at 32 replies, Christ. Tiebreaker.

start of Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 5 In E Flat Major Op. 73 -"Emperor"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpW5UP8d510&list=OLAK5uy_l1Mfttt0TfmAtTIADBkPTpeYVCPApDTcU&index=1
>>
Ives

https://youtu.be/l8jtKb2phpI?si=y475BpYbMyfe2qg6
>>
The Final Blow to this thread:

Haydn, Mozart except shit.
J.S Bach, if I wanted to listen to a good Bach, I would listen C.P Bach.
Beethoven, his music was so shit it literally turned him deaf.
Schumann, couldn't pleasure his wife and tried to kill himself. couldn't even do that lmao.
Mozart? More like Mofart.
Schubert, if I wanted to listen to incel gibberish, I'd browse /r9k/ instead.
Alkan, the definition of style over substance.
Wagner, music by a beta neckbeard for beta neckbeards.
Vivaldi, David Guetta wanna be.
Tchaikovsky, gay composer and even gayer compositions.
Cage, pretty good for an American.
Mahler, if I wanted to listen to unresolved garbage, I would listen to Lil Pump.
Stravinsky, niggers with sticks in Africa did better rythms than him.
Scriabin, "I am God", dies of a fucking pimple.
Rachmaninoff, too retarded for atonality, writes mediocre tonal works instead.
Schoenberg, he was so shit he couldn't even write proper music. Everybody calls it Atonalty.
Messiaen, le whacky Bird dude.
Brahms, over dramatic farts for plebs? I liked him more when he was called Beethoven.
Webern, a one hit wonder.
Weber, US had to invade Europe just to save us from his garbage music.
Shostakovich, more remembered as Stalin's fuckboy than as a composer.
Paganini, Vivaldi 2.0.
Chopin, too scared to perform his own works because he knows he is shit.
Rossini, known for his Operas, that's how you know a composer is shit.
Liszt, shitty composer, even worse pianist.
Berlioz, Symphonie utter dogshit.
Bruckner, some old German fart.
Strauss, no matter which one you pick, they are all shit.
Sibelius, if I wanted to listen to a good scandinavian composer, I would listen to Grieg.
Debussy, Reddit: the composer.
Berg, records his boring soldier life. Calls it "art".
Bartok, if you are too stupid to listen to Schoenberg, you listen to Bartok.
>>
File: A1FNR70BuHL._SL1500_[1].jpg (358 KB, 1500x1500)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
now playing

start of Mahler: Symphony No. 10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0XUZf-TwP0&list=OLAK5uy_nesAcRZfWBdAEvBfYVE87E8rpVML19JVs&index=1

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nesAcRZfWBdAEvBfYVE87E8rpVML19JVs

I think after this one I'll be out of new Mahler 10 recordings to try, which is kinda sad because as excellent as Dausgaard and Chailly's recordings are, along with Slatkin, Sanderling, and, yes, Rattle, I don't know, I feel like it can be better done still. Maybe someday.
>>
>>123984592
It's an incomplete work so I think there's always going to be a degree of unsatisfaction to it
>>
>>123984737
Yeah that could be it, I definitely tend to default to placing the blame at the performers feet when all the recordings seem to fall just short of capital-G Greatness when it's most likely the work itself. Still, I'll hold out some hope until a really great conductor takes on the work (sorry, Chailly) and it continues to fails to fully satisfy.
>>
OP wars are one of the worst things that can happen to a general. Hope this doesn't become a pattern.
>>
>>123985226
it’s just the pedo kraut being a spamming dogfucking pedophile as usual. always remember that duplicate threads are against the rules.
>>
File: 81atmFL9J5L._SL1300_[1].jpg (323 KB, 1300x1300)
323 KB
323 KB JPG
>According to my opinion this is "The most important publication of all time". Do I exagerate? There are no common words to describe the universe of magic sounds of Celi's Bruckner cycle with the Munich Philharmonic orchestra and the emotions they can give. Buckner is my favorite composer and I have almost all the recordings,Celi is simply unique. I hope you'll enjoy Celi's set,and the 8th in particular as much as I do! Maybe Celi's monumental view is not indicated for 'beginners' but if you like the composer and you love this music, Celi will make more beautiful your life !

Wholesome, this review brings a smile to my face. With that said, I much prefer listening to Celi's Sony 8th; 97 minutes is plenty enough, 107 is obscene.
>>
>>123985307
i detest boomers so much it’s unreal
>>
>>123985336
That review made you upset? I'm sorry to hear that. Gotta find joy in the joy of others, especially when this one is welcoming you to join his artistic, spiritual nirvana.
>>
>>123985226
Nothing like getting (You) notifications (!) in a thread one made to get hits of dopamine, I guess.
>>
>>123985379
no, i’m not going to find joy in the senile bastardization of music into a glorified buddhist chant for strings and brass. there is a reason classical music is considered “boring” to the average person today, and it’s not just because of low attention spans or a lack of a rocking beat, it’s also because the entire classical music industry is obsessed with boring fucking old man performances that smear phrases and lines across the walls and ceilings to the thunderous applause of baby boomers who require literal retarded tempi to comprehend what’s going on. i’m fucking sick of it.
>>
>>123985406
That's a valid perspective of someone who wants to become a conductor themselves, I suppose.
>>
>>123985518
it’s a valid perspective of anyone wondering why the average person doesn’t give a shit about beethoven or mozart anymore; because it sounds bad now.
>>
File: nh1FjMDKMNw.webm (1.6 MB, 1920x816)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB WEBM
>>
>>123985722
schumann did what???
>>
>>123985307
Is Celibidache a meme or should I actually listen to his Bruckner?
>>
>>123985226
>Hope this doesn't become a pattern.
nah i don't think so, this just was a one time ocurrence
>>
>>123989767
his bruckner is sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
>>
>>123989767
retarded meme
>>
Celibidache brought Zen Buddhism to the conductor’s podium along with a Japanese concept called ichigo ichie. The phrase comes from the traditional Japanese tea ceremony and was first developed as a concept in the 16th Century.

Ichigo ichie means “one opportunity, one encounter.” Each time we interact with someone it is a unique experience and should be treated as a once in a lifetime event. It will never recur in the same exact way.

Celibidache famously did not condone recordings of the concerts he conducted. If we consider his dedication to the concept of ichigo ichie then we can begin to understand his position.

Celibidache tried to create an environment of transcendence at each of his concerts. He required extra rehearsals and was mindful of the atmosphere in the physical space of the concert hall. He felt as though recordings did not support a transcendent experience.
>>
We can see and hear how Celibidache's contemplative style lined up well with the compositions of Anton Bruckner, the most contemplative of composers. The videos of Celibidache conducting Bruckner are monumental. It is as if they are carved in stone for the ages.
>>
>>123990378
>>123990396
retarded hippie babble
>>
>>123990425
>“To him, time is different than it is to other composers. To a normal man, time is what comes after the beginning. To Bruckner, time is what comes after the end. All his apotheotic finals, the hope for another world, the hope of being saved, of being again baptised in light, it exists nowhere else in the same manner”

These were Celibidache’s words when asked about Bruckner.
>>
>>123990470
in other words, he was a braindead new age hippie
>>
>>123985722
Shoe man
>>
>>123990520
Sergiu Celibidache had four doctorates in philosophy, psychology, higher mathematics, and musicology.

A comment by someone on a post about the greatest conductors of the world, mentions Celibidache and refers to him as “the best of the best” and the author replies: “Celibidache is sadly overlooked.”

The fact that he was accused of not being fond of women playing in orchestras, may be one reason. Although, women were to be seen in his orchestras.

I also came to understand that he was a perfectionist and would make any orchestra rehearse several times, leading it to exhaustion. RAI orchestra (Rome) players refused to be conducted by him because of that.
>>
During his studies in Berlin, Celibidache was introduced to Zen Buddhism and his whole life was influenced by it.

And at the end of this post I can honestly say that I won't be thinking of him as a conductor anymore, but as a philosopher of music... something I have never considered before.

Maybe the players of the orchestras he's conducted weren't very happy rehearsing to exhaustion, but he had such a deep understanding of music, he couldn't comprehend that, for some, playing was and it is just a job. He pretended perfection. That must have been terribly frustrating for both Celibidache and players.

Celibidache deserves more appreciation.

You get the message.

Namaste
>>
>>123990605
>>123990659
all that effort to be the greatest braindead hippie in the world
>>
One of these threads really ought to be the sisterpisster containment
>>
>>123990766
what about pedophile dogfucker containment?
>>
>>123990821
woof woof
>>
>>123990830
fucking dogs again, pedophile kraut?
>>
>>123990766
Shalom
>>
>>123991091
You what now?
>>
>>123989767
I remember when I first started browsing here there was one guy who used to recommend Celi till sisteranon drove them away lol. I'm going through his cycle again and honestly, I'm finding it even more extraordinary this time around, as I know what to expect. I wouldn't try his stuff before you're quite familiar with the symphonies first, but if are, couldn't hurt, you'll either love or hate them. Plus it has the added benefit of once you hear Celibidache's recordings, you'll never find another Bruckner recording ever slow again lol.
>>
>>123993592
false, i still find the vast majority of bruckner conductors too slow even after having heard celibidache. celibidache is just exaggeratedly slow.
>>
>>123994951
Well that's probably because you're familiar with actually fast recordings, whereas I still haven't delved into that stuff; Karajan, Jochum, Tintner, etc, are still the fastest I've ever heard. Obviously I know they aren't fast, but I just meant relatively.
>>
schumann 2
>>
>>123997977
wtf I literally just post that on before seeing your post
>>
cunnyboy thread
>>
File: 716QpoutUeL._SL1500_[1].jpg (190 KB, 1490x1500)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
Leinsdorf!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67V_srqs7_k&list=OLAK5uy_lWU5Ww6C7YQPC3iilhbasJAfPAdvQEBgU&index=1
>>
>>123998133
kill yourself
>>
>>123998144
Oh, you hate that recording?
>>
>>123998171
No, no, that's a fine recording. I just want you to die.
>>
>>123998180
Ah, well maybe once I finish listening to it.
>>
>>123998133
dynagroove? no thanks
>>
>>123998221
What does that mean? Sounds cool.
>>
File: 81bVkG4CnDL._SL1500_[1].jpg (177 KB, 1500x1500)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
Tchaikovsky!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmLD9RKQq2Q&list=OLAK5uy_nuKWg6uLqV3hZO68_8mE-TlicyM07fJcc&index=1
>>
Has anyone bought from prestomusic? How often they do label sales?
>just pirate bro
That's the thing. The albums I'm looking for aren't on soulseek or rutracker. On top, they aren't available in deezer in CD quality either.
>>
>>123998578
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynagroove
>>
>>123998721
>The albums I'm looking for
Example?
>>
>>123998816
stuff from naxos
>>
File: 81uCuV0HdVL._SL1500_[1].jpg (278 KB, 1500x1498)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
now playing

start of Scheherazade, Op. 35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKOAvPxpDu0&list=OLAK5uy_nipCXJnrDmfoVu_BkYGjZJswNWsQ7hsuE&index=1

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nipCXJnrDmfoVu_BkYGjZJswNWsQ7hsuE
>>
File: sleeve2(5).jpg (115 KB, 400x400)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>123998942
They are on blogspot very often, dunno about quality, I dont mind 320 mp3s
>>
>>123998721
>>123999296
>there are people here who don’t realize that every streaming service in existence is an unwitting free download platform with the right tools
crazy
>>
immensely annoyed at the fact that there are virtually no recordings of the 7th in stereo that take it at beethoven's tempo markings AND take the exposition repeat without also containing insufferable HIP-isms. i hate conductors so much it's unreal
>>
brahms
>>
>>124000632
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ilfw9ORF5Ww
>>
Schoenberg

https://youtu.be/iL1XzH6gpAY?si=ywj5x_Ii6k9o2YE2
>>
Is there any composer of baroque/early classical opera that has really long, 10+ minute arias?
>>
Vivaldi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1ORhprWFyM
>>
>>123998942
may i ask you to be more specific, senior?by the way i deleted shostakovich from my hard drive yesterday..it wasn't a very difficult decision. his treatment of jewish people ticked me off.
>>
>>124001666
you are fucking retarded. Shostakovich sucked Jewish cock, but his music is sublime.
>>
File: ac3nes.jpg (123 KB, 900x600)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
now playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jld7gud8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk5bR9wvrTA
>>
Alright guys, so get this.

Richard Wagner right? We all know who that is. Big operas, bigger forehead, you know the drill.

What if we replaced the Wag in Wagner with Vag for Vagina? Like this: Richard Vagner. Wouldn’t that be so funny? I think it’s hilarious, the greatest joke ever made. I bet /classical/ would love this idea. Thoughts?
>>
>>124001822
what if I strangled you with your own intestines and stuffed barbed wire into your eye sockets?
>>
>>124001822
Oh Brahmscuck! What a prankster, what a jokester!
>>
File: mozzart (underrated).png (77 KB, 752x612)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>Mozart was perhaps the most ambitious composer in the history of music. He produced at least one, and generally several imposing masterpieces in almost every genre of music— concerto, song, opera (serious and comic, German and Italian), string trio, string quartet, string quintet, quintet for piano and winds, trio and quartet for piano and strings, quintet for wind instrument and strings, divertimento for wind octet, double concerto for violin and viola, symphony,piano sonata, violin sonata. Although he left no completed major work of religious music, his two fragments—the C Minor Mass and the requiem— are monumental even in their unfinished state. In comparison, Haydn’s major successes were largely restricted to the two genres of symphony and string quartet; only when he was much older than Mozart ever became did he create his most impressive piano sonatas, piano trios, and the important vocal works with the late masses and the two oratorios. And only after Mozart’s Prague symphony had surpassed in size and weight any of Haydn’s orchestral works, setting an example, did he expand his symphonic style.

>Mozart enlarged the forms of his time by combining genres. The finale of his Piano Sonata in B-flat, K. 333, is a large concerto movement, with imitations of the contrast of orchestra and soloist, and a huge cadenza like an improvisation. He introduced operatic effects in his chamber music, and symphonic and concerto passages into his opera arias. His concertos have moments of intimate and complex chamber music. The finale of the Jupiter symphony has an unprecedented display of learned counterpoint, simultaneously combining six themes. He magnified almost every genre in which he worked.
Have you properly rated Mozart today?

https://youtu.be/sotZlspv9Z4
>>
>>124002056
He also died from stress at age 35. what a role model, lol.
>>
Is there any composer of baroque/early classical opera that has really long, 10+ minute arias?
>>
>>124001533
https://youtu.be/5lYvduY4t58?si=6HHN0Q338mh75cUg
>>
someone purchase pic rel, scan it and upload thanks
>>
>>124002094
no
>>
>>124002056
>>Mozart was perhaps the most ambitious composer in the history of music. He produced at least one, and generally several imposing masterpieces in almost every genre of music
Composing the Ring Cycle is still more ambitious.
>>
>>124002068
>mozart died at 35
its over for me then
>>
>>124000046
That exposition repeat sucks tho
>>
>>
>>124002109
he didn't died he was murdered and although that may only diminish the ill feeling emulating from your carcass, it should unravel an energy of deep memory from past atrocities by the money changers behind his murder.
>>
>>124002107
So true sister
>>
>>
Sex and Wagner.
>>
File: Agent 007.jpg (36 KB, 650x839)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9FzgsF2T-s
>>
>>
File: sleeve2(6).jpg (154 KB, 900x900)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>123999841
>>123999841
Nah I know the tools. But I like my ss and blogspot for several reasons:
>I like the chats on my blogspots
>I care a lot about covers and metadata
>I like the discovery and serendipity aspects of blogs
>Several blogs do collections. For example, if disc 1 of 10 drops, they announce that all the disc are intended for release
>I can manage my downloads on third party tools
>I still use RSS to get updates, so I like my little routine of starting the day, see whats new, grab it, listen to yesterday downloads, etc.
There are obvious drawbacks as always, but I like it my way
>>
>>124002756
do any of your blogs have >>124002094 thanks sister
>>
>>
my friend is keen on finding the warner remaster (art et sons) of Victoria de los Angeles, and his friend is just as eager to find 10+ minute arias. are you willing to help?
>>
>>124002056
I’m generally not impressed with his results
>>
>>124002272
Fake and gay. The sisterposter doesn’t know how to capitalize
>>
>>
just deleted bernstein from my hard drive for obvious reasons
>>
Ignore all posts from the Sisterposer or to be safe any lowercase posts-
>>
Bach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjmYgRm7Ef0
>>
>>124003129
Probably because i'm not the sisterposter
>>
>>124003187
Lack of hard drive space?
>>
>>124001709
insufferable neurotic slave garbage
>>124002756
>I care a lot about covers and metadata
if you aren’t editing that info into your files yourself you’re goyim cattle.
>I can manage my downloads on third party tools
what does this even mean?
the rest of this stuff is just social networking features with almost nothing to do with downloading music so i don’t care.
>>124002177
sounds great to me
>>
>>124003390
Yes but you’re imitating their ways
>>
>>124003332
Crap.
>>
>>124003117
Sounds like a you problem
>>
>>124003742
Nope it’s Mozart’s fault
>>
>>124003754
I should add that it's perfectly okay not to "get" Mozart immediately. I'm not trying to shame anyone for being under informed, because nobody starts out knowing anything. My condescension is only directed at those arrogant plebs who, upon listening to and not enjoying some music by one of the most scholarly acclaimed musical geniuses of all time, immediately leap to the conclusion that _Mozart_ must be the weak link in the chain, and not their dumbass ears.
>>
>>124003722
Ruins the momentum of the music to me
>>
>>124003772
exposition repeats are about proportion, not momentum, and the intro of the 7th becomes disproportionately long when skipping the exposition repeat.
>>
>>124003883
Sure. But it's still a huge blue ball to me
>>
>>124003769
Well I’m less impressed with the idea that there’s certain artists who have to be worshipped. I don’t owe Mozart anything certainly not my admiration or unconditional worship. If he doesn’t reach me that’s his fault, I’m not going to smash my head against a wall because I think it must mean my ears are defective.
He’s a a genius because he wrote a ton of music and at a very young age- that’s undeniable. However I’m generally not a fan of the music he wrote. Perhaps its even well constructed but that doesn’t make it objectively good or enjoyable.
Scholars love Mozart and such cause it let’s them endlessly analyze and rationalize music and Mozart is good fodder for that. It appeals to a certain type of mind
>>
To me Karajan will always be 3430914
>>
>>123984592
did you check out Slatkin? It's definitely my favorite
>>
>>124002177
doesn't matter. it's in the score.
>>
>>124004170
I mentioned his! Yeah his is fantastic, definitely one I'll be revisiting often.
>>
>>123984737
I'm counting on you, sisteranon, to record the reference M10 when you become a big-name conductor.
>>
>>124004078
Mozart is more difficult to appreciate without an intermediate grounding in music theory and history, because the aesthetic conventions he perfected became templates which echoed through the centuries even to today. This is just because haters don't have an informed frame of reference. An uneducated person hears Mozart and just thinks "I don't get it... isn't this just a pretty melody?" whereas an educated person is able to appreciate the graceful organic transitions, the perfectly proportioned phrase shapes, the dense concentration of ideas, etc.
>>
Mozart raped me.
>>
>>123255430
>>123255906
Actually, I lied. I'm not sure why I forgot about this. Scherchen recorded the 8th in stereo in Lugano, with the Orchestra della Radio della Svizzera Italiana. Yes, it's a 3rd rate orchestra. Actually, it's probably a 4th rate orchestra.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJAcEczFvAU
Somewhat typical of Scherchen, he's even crazier live, and it's actually faster than his mono RPO recording. It's not well played at all, but considering the circumstances and the insane tempo that he takes it at, it's surprisingly well put together.

Well, if you think about it, this may be the most historically accurate Beethoven we have on record, considering Beethoven famously had many horrible results from the orchestras that premiered his music.
>>
File: 71pBv3By4iL._SL1500_[1].jpg (241 KB, 1500x1500)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
let's start the day with
<------

start of Symphony No. 2 in C Minor "Resurrection"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQKFZCXyvk0&list=OLAK5uy_m-NsRrNq3qWAmuUAVsDyYvBH7gsf1G6pw&index=1

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m-NsRrNq3qWAmuUAVsDyYvBH7gsf1G6pw

On the bus ride home I was planning on listening to Eschenbach's fantastic recording of this symphony but it's always more fun trying out an unfamiliar one. Hopefully I won't regret it. I've also decided that I really detest slow tempo interpretations of this work -- Bernstein's DG recording, for example, is almost unlistenable to me now. It's funny because I enjoy the occasional slow tempo recording of just about all of the others (I'm starting to feel this way about the 5th too, again with regards to Bernstein's DG), but with this one, I don't know, turns it into a snoozefest, removes the power.
>>
>>124004356
Sometimes I wonder if Beethoven really was a rapist or maybe he had the mind of one
>>
Ten best works for solo piano?
>>
I am burning, burning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO77Z6G1V9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1BcfTdRSpE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9BZWNBFV1U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8bALSzmmLA
>>
>>123984592
>>124004261
you’re unsatisfied with mahler 10 because you’re listening to a performing edition of a sketch, not a finished piece. unless the ghost of gustav himself possesses me and tells me what i need to do to add all the missing counterpoint, restructure the last 2 movements and flesh out the orchestration as he would have, there is no making it “satisfying” like the 9th or das lied von der erde.
>>
>>124005151
>there is no making it “satisfying”
Not with that attitude there isn't
>>
>>124005186
i think the proportions of the work could be improved with slightly more intelligent tempi, but that’s really about it. for the most part, dausgaard has the right idea with how the work should be paced; if that’s not enough (and it isn’t), nothing will be.
>>
>>123984489
My music teacher called Ives an idiot

He usually has great taste and opinion, but when I showed him the concord mass sonata (a piece I’ve grown to love for its beauty and philosophy engraved within) he said “Sounds like he just hit a bunch of random notes and wrote it down”. I also showed him three places in New England (my personal favorite) and he said it didn’t sound like actual music. My music teacher has been a composer and director for more than 20 years, as well as the music director for a local parish, and I’m not sure where he got such an interesting view. Is this how a lot of musicians view Ives, or is he an odd one out?
>>
File: 41+f7Iu-QjL[1].jpg (29 KB, 500x428)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
now playing

start of Dvorak: Cello Concerto in B Minor, Op. 104, B. 191
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zihtru_IsIs&list=OLAK5uy_mJJI716isOOpkYX9qEcQkLcYtncYeCV7c&index=2

start of Tchaikovsky: Variations on a Rococo Theme for Cello and Orchestra, Op. 33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLYzhVBqVi4&list=OLAK5uy_mJJI716isOOpkYX9qEcQkLcYtncYeCV7c&index=4

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mJJI716isOOpkYX9qEcQkLcYtncYeCV7c
>>
>>124005695
your music teacher is right and you are a retard
>>
Thoughts on Clara Schuman?
>>
>>124005695
your teacher is an exception and if i were in your shoes i'd launch a campaign against him to effectively cancel his livelihood. he does not seem fit to have an opinion on compositions let alone teach students about it. i would also encourage you to open an investigation against anyone who is associated with him, who mentored him and who or what was responsible for giving him the authority of music director.
>>
File: 71syfmQF5zL._SL1400_[1].jpg (246 KB, 1400x1388)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
Favorite recording of Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 24?

>>124005924
kek
>>
>>124005830
Rude
>>
>>124005924
funny bait
>>124005934
it’s the facts, ives’ music is the work of a dilettante insurance salesman.
>>
>>124005931
Glen Gould
>>
>>124005948
Doesn't mean it's not rude, which it was.
>>
>>124005931
Haebler, London Symphony Orchestrong, and Colin Davis. I really like the way philips recordings sound.
>>
>>124005963
cry me a river
>>
>>124005812
I don't say this often, but this is so much better than Karajan's well-known recording of these. A lot of his concerti stuff is rather meh, his Dvorak I'm still mixed on, and his Tchaikovsky I go back and forth.
>>
Ives said the work was his "impression of the spirit of transcendentalism that is associated in the minds of many with Concord, Massachusetts of over a half century ago. This is undertaken in impressionistic pictures of Emerson and Thoreau, a sketch of the Alcotts, and a scherzo supposed to reflect a lighter quality which is often found in the fantastic side of Hawthorne."

The piece demonstrates Ives' experimental tendencies: much of it is written without barlines, the harmonies are advanced, and in the second movement, there are cluster chords created by depressing the piano's keys with a 14+3⁄4-inch (37 cm) piece of wood, as well as clusters marked "Better played by using the palm of the hand or the clenched fist." The piece also amply demonstrates Ives' fondness for musical quotation: the opening bars of Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 are quoted in each movement. James B. Sinclair's catalogue of Ives's works also notes less obvious quotations of Beethoven's Hammerklavier Sonata as well as quotations from Debussy and Wagner.
>>
>>124005984
Thanks, added! Might listen to her Mozart violin (with Szeryng) and piano sonatas later today too.
>>
>>124005987
No
>>
>>124005993
too bad the end result sounds like dogshit
>>124006011
it’s ok, charles isn’t around to call you a sissy for crying. you can yet those tears flow.
>>
Ives wrote: "I find that I do not play or feel like playing this music even now in the same way each time... Some of the passages now played have not been written out, and I do not know as I ever shall write them out as it may take away the daily pleasure of playing this music and seeing it grow and feeling that it is not finished and the hope that it never will be – I may always have the pleasure of not finishing it."
>>
wtf i love Mozart now
>>
>>124006025
>How to stop your dog from shitposting
>>
Anything else like Beethoven's "Choral Fantasy?" I know it's a little kitsch but goddamn do I love it, it's so life-affirming, beautiful, and glorious. Doesn't even have to be for piano, I'd love to hear something like it for violin or cello or orchestral (I guess Brahms' orchestral chorus stuff is kinda like it), but if piano then I'll gladly take it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN1R6T7m6NE
>>
File: cover.png (383 KB, 900x780)
383 KB
383 KB PNG
>>124006005
decca released a complete package of her works in 2021, including the violin sonatas for mozart and the beets. but her solo piano work of mozart is where it's at—nothing compares.
>>
>>124006062
what about how to stop your pedophile kraut from fucking dogs?
>>
Any good instrumental Renaissance music?
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 275x183)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>what about how to stop your pedophile kraut from fucking dogs?
>>
>>124006143
you never get tired of dumping pics from your fap folder huh, pedo kraut?
>>
>>124006158
An excellent question
>>
>>124004223
oh I didn't notice it. I mentioned it because I felt just like you untill I heard that one
>>
>>124006200
It has a lot more emotion and warmth than Dausgaard's and Chailly's, which is my primarily (and possibly only) issue with theirs, so I'll revisit it on my next listen of the 10th, and who knows, maybe it'll click that it's my ideal, as I've only heard it once but I loved it.
>>
>>124005151
So you don't think you'd be able to improve on Dausgaard's? Out of curiosity, what is the first work you're looking to record once you get to that position?
>>
>>124004170
>>124004223
>>124006200
>>124006229
slatkin's mahler 10 is a waste of time because it uses the mazzetti completion which is awful. not even worth considering when the score itself is dogshit.
>>124006312
i can imagine how i could improve on dausgaard, just not by a huge margin.
>what is the first work you're looking to record once you get to that position?
whatever is programmed.
>>
>>124005931
The Tim Burton Batman Concerto
>>
pieces about mental illness?
>>
>>124006490
https://youtu.be/zpMdr9nBJc0?si=mP1fBWzVK9nPxjP0
>>
>>124006490
whatever the sisterposter likes
>>
>>124006490
Anything by Stockhausen
>>
>>124006534
And Schoenberg

>>124006364
Will you still say "thank you wagnersister" and such when you get this position. Will you call your player's sisters? How will you post on 4chan 24 hours a day?
>>
>>124006581
Schoenberg is pretty sane
>>
>>124006581
He'll have someone in the orchestra whose position is posting on /classical/ and he'll conduct the posts.
>>
I've decided to get back into the recorder
I hope I can find a teacher who is capable of teaching me the fundamentals instead of just dicking around on the recorder
>>
>>124006625
LOL
>>
>>124006657
it wasn't that funny
>>
File: mens_en_melodie_abb.jpg (46 KB, 400x361)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Kek
>>
>>124005931
Haskil/Markevitch, Schnabel/Susskind, Casadesus/Monteux, Casadesus/Mitropoulos, Curzon/Kubelik
>>
>>124006650
I might do too with my Soprano recorder, although I only intend to play very basic stuff-probably no classical stuff

>>124006693
I thought it was funny. I didn't actually laugh out loud though
>>
>>124006773
Damn, thanks.
>>
File: punch_1.jpg (30 KB, 500x329)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
I don't get it
>>
Scriabin

https://youtu.be/b3hXACyw1mc?si=Jokc6HyegLvs-wZ4
>>
Vaughan Williams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k16m1A2KkoY&list=OLAK5uy_mRmfHnr27s16lFuybgeL9skKYEKv_Qc0A
>>
File: 61OGeNigmDL._SL1200_[1].jpg (96 KB, 1200x1200)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
now playing

start of Mozart: Violin Sonata No. 26 in B-Flat Major, K. 378
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7XfQ1L8Gew&list=OLAK5uy_kAtvzV9njf36_XhsF7Gopwv7OlP_ltEwk&index=1

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kAtvzV9njf36_XhsF7Gopwv7OlP_ltEwk
>>
>>123999841
I use deemix, retard. That is why I mentioned deezer.
>>
Scriabin

https://youtu.be/0Oq96xFxsRc?si=d5nbrjmJqXhCeLNM
>>
>>124006903
deemix is literal plebeian bottomfeeder shit, cannot believe people use it.
>>
>>124006842
Scriabin's 5th is one of the greatest piano sonatas ever written, and one of the perfect pieces of music.
>>
>>124006923
comically embarrassing
>>
>>124006920
Why? It just works.
>>
>>124006923
cosmically based
>>
>>124006935
cry
>>
>>124006940
because there are a zillion services out there that provide the same thing but for literally every streaming service you can think of, including the ones that specialize in hi-res formats and provide digital booklets. why on earth anyone would stick to deezer in light of that is beyond me.
>>
Scriabin

https://youtu.be/_a-F2YCqzb4?si=xiMfvpLf3bxz3b_0
>>
>>124006961
based on inceldom maybe
>>124006963
about bad music?
>>
Scriabin

https://youtu.be/oFn6202nrqk?si=7szKZBKKPLBTWCaR
>>
File: 61BLXV9ziXL._SL1200_[1].jpg (91 KB, 1200x1200)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
now playing (Symphony No. 4)

start of Prokofiev: Symphony No. 4 in C, Op. 112 - Revised version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4jK8dfsPz4&list=OLAK5uy_l9ilgDRHA0K8S_weeFAabivqh9UKhIx4s&index=5

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l9ilgDRHA0K8S_weeFAabivqh9UKhIx4s

I gotta admit, when it comes to Russian music, Gergiev is impressive.
>>
>>124006977
crybaby
>>
>>124007013
you mean scriabin? yes, he was an incel crybaby
>>
Scriabin

https://youtu.be/kegxB1aBllM?si=juK1RBq7AnMfSpZ4
>>
>Great. Imagine Beethoven's Ninth twice as long and seven times as freaky.

a review on Bernstein's Sony Mahler 3, lol
>>
File: g74smn.jpg (5 KB, 168x300)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>124006977
>based on inceldom maybe
>>
>>124006965
I said Deemix, not Deezer itself. Deemix is a defunct tool used to download from Deezer in either mp3 or flac. You don't even need an account, only an api. There are similar tools for Quboz and Tidal.
>>
>>124007027
crying
>>
>>124007041
You just reminded me I still have to listen to Wim's Double Tone Pathetique(the first part should be 10bpm)
>>
>>124007052
stop dumping your wank stash and put your trip back on, pedophile kraut
>>124007053
yeah, i'm talking about tools for ripping from streaming services. deemix sucks because deezer itself sucks.
>>
>>124007005
Hmm, y'know what, I think my love for Prokofiev has dimmed considerably. Sad. Hopefully it eventually comes back around.
>>
>>124007074
i'm sure scriabin is.
>>
>>124007086
Let's hope not!
>>
File: mo.jpg (5 KB, 245x206)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>124007053
What about Deeznuts?
>>
>>124007088
baby don't cry
>>
>>124007078
nvm,s he says 16=92.

Hearing this -I am starting to have my doubts though that's what Beethoven really intended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzx-bw6nBqo&ab_channel=AuthenticSound
>>
>>124007126
it may be too late for that for scriabin, the incel’s already dead after all
>>
Favorite piano Art of Fugue?
>>
File: 71PnpKUouEL._SL1500_[1].jpg (174 KB, 1500x1125)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
now playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEFxjWyARC0&list=OLAK5uy_kYGtWVJgTna6wZKb8p1z6LSY64c3ZHEbo&index=1

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kYGtWVJgTna6wZKb8p1z6LSY64c3ZHEbo
>>
>>124007275
Koroliov
>>
>>124007399
ty
>>
and he cried
>>
File: EMS2-083.jpg (59 KB, 1000x667)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Imagine making a guitar with 16 strings and 9 frets rather than the other way around! LMAO what were these dumbasses thinking?!
>>
>>124007428
rest in piss, scriabin the incel, rest in piss.
>>
>>124005931
Pollini by a lot
>>124005949
kek
>>
>>124007088
he can't he's dead
>>
>>124007562
good riddance
>>
great music in this video for lovers of good music only
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emYTG80B2vU
>>
>>124007604
Have you heard Sultanov's 5th? Best I've ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugd8WvlwS2c
>>
>>124007543
>scriabin the incel
He had 2 children
>>
Would Karajan be in the same league as Taylor Swift for album sales?
>>
>>124007645
He had 7 children.
>>
>>124007645
>>124007723
and yet he was still an incel, how strange
>>
File: 81GVQ3XZWDL._SL1500_[1].jpg (499 KB, 1500x1496)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
now playing

start of The Art of the Fugue, BWV 1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVUBS9VA6bg&list=OLAK5uy_lz5OUPKcPsKBqy5yNjhYAqz_AcF9eExcI&index=1

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lz5OUPKcPsKBqy5yNjhYAqz_AcF9eExcI
>>
>>124007825
And yet the Sp will still keep calling them an incel even though they know for a fact this is wrong
>>
File: 1725515638104040.jpg (22 KB, 828x328)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>her face when she comes over and hears me playing Scriabin
>>
>>124007881
looks like an incel, walks like an incel, talks like an incel… yep, he’s a scriabincel
>>
>>124007891
You sure never get tired of talking nonsense
>>
>>124007975
i never get tired of calling incels what they are, yes.
>>
>>124007850
I don't like that, it sounds too disjointed and slow. I'd prefer it smoother and at least twice as fast-
>>
>>124008021
You never get tired of lying
>>
>>124008032
maybe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=165xh-jZLx4&list=OLAK5uy_k0e5ZYFpn5nMzyi8CM8L5vJcA3T60Zb7s&index=1
>>
>>124008042
indeed, i find it hard to be tired of something i've never done.
>>
>>124008042
accusing anon of lying when he is not lying might be construed as a lie in certain circumstances. although you had no intention of doing so, by projecting your own vices and ill feeling onto anon, a confession had been made. still waiting for my victoria de los angeles remaster by the way.
>>
>>124008115
When you're older I'll tell you where babies come from and how Scriabin having 7 children means he can't have been an incel
>>
Would you hug the sisterposter?
>>
>>124008247
inceldom is a state of mind, scriabincel. if nick fuentes impregnated a woman tomorrow he’d still be a homosexual incel.
>>
>>124008298
only if it killed it
>>
Scriabincels, Lisztcels, Chopincels, we won and wagmi
>>
>>124008335
quite unlikely, scriabincel
>>
Incel composers:

Bruckner
Scriabin
Bartok
Schubert
Bartok
Sibelius
Mussorgsky
Satie
Mahler
Beethoven
>>
>>124008344
I'm more of a Lisztcel myself
>>
>>124008373
a liszter sister, sister
>>
>>124006789
I'm considering getting a traverso to play very basic stuff as well
>>
>>124008366
the word you're looking for is introvert.
>>
Scriabin, the only composer who gave "sound" a "Phallus".
>>
anything else like this?

>>124001780
>>
>>124008495
because he couldn’t stop jerking off?
>>
https://youtu.be/tOjQ4j9bLvg?si=4a9NICjCDJA0h3UM

This is not music.

This is "Sex".

This is "Sex" transformed into music.
>>
Scriabin, the inventor of penis music
>>
Scriabin, Beethoven, Chopin
>>
File: 10847525212.gif (3.33 MB, 340x200)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB GIF
>>124008547
>26/48 time
>>
>>124008547
Also this is sex transformed into music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5favl2Qtx0&ab_channel=smalin
>>
Ciii13b5+#3
>>
>>124008547
solo sex maybe
>>124008599
but beethoven wasn’t a talentless hack
>>
There will never be another composer like Scriabin, the man who combined sex and music into a beautiful concoction.
>>
>>124008715
mostly because no one else could ever be as addicted to jacking off
>>
>>124008795
are you challenging me?
>>
>>124008795
He raped you.
>>
>>124006364
what's so bad about Mazzetti?
>>
>>124008468
I'm interested in early music instruments. A lute is expensive, difficult and hard maintenance. Maybe a wind instrument, not sure yet.
>>
>>124007437
I wanted one of these beasts, but the tuning alone will consume all my time. Also, there are no cheap versions. Yes Im poor.
>>
FIV11b7
>>
>>124003722
>>I care a lot about covers and metadata
>if you aren’t editing that info into your files yourself you’re goyim cattle.
I do. I curate my collection. And the rest of the stuff that you dismiss is important to me. I dont carr about socialization at all, but some communities are better than others and gain yout trust. I dont even comment there, but I know the posters that share high quality uploads, complete metadata, good cover scans, etc.
>>
>>124008938
the incel to tranny rapist pipeline in action
>>124008961
for one, he thinks he’s smart enough to pretend to be mahler, which is always bad news, and also precisely the reason cooke’s edition is indubitably the best: he makes the least modifications and additions to mahler’s short score.
>>124009171
if you want community, join a private tracker. anywhere else is still subject to a nonexistent quality control policy, no matter how good your “community” is.
>>
File: 71DpEpny+3L._SL1200_[1].jpg (146 KB, 1200x1189)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
now playing, Schumann's piano works are sounding so good to me right now

start of Schumann: Kinderszenen, Op. 15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T34Wxq0SLNA&list=OLAK5uy_mB7g0D7FUpMuli5D_dOc_XMzuGFyJThmo&index=2

start of Schumann: Kreisleriana, Op. 16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_cKFmT9nzM&list=OLAK5uy_mB7g0D7FUpMuli5D_dOc_XMzuGFyJThmo&index=14

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mB7g0D7FUpMuli5D_dOc_XMzuGFyJThmo
>>
>>124009257
>for one, he thinks he’s smart enough to pretend to be mahler, which is always bad news, and also precisely the reason cooke’s edition is indubitably the best: he makes the least modifications and additions to mahler’s short score.
just sounds like Cooke didn't even try to make it not sound like a sketch while Mazetti gave it a shot
>>
>>124009257
>for one, he thinks he’s smart enough to pretend to be mahler, which is always bad news, and also precisely the reason cooke’s edition is indubitably the best: he makes the least modifications and additions to mahler’s short score.

Don't care, sounds good to me :^)

No but seriously, both sound good, I'm happy listening to either, I just see it as two versions of the same work, as in why not enjoy both?
>>
>>124009257
>join a private tracker.
I'm fine, thanks
>>
>>124009486
>just sounds like Cooke didn't even try to make it not sound like a sketch
because he knows he's not mahler. mazetti is delusional enough to think he is, and the results are obviously subpar because he isn't.
>>124009495
>I just see it as two versions of the same work, as in why not enjoy both?
because mazetti sounds bad and is therefore unenjoyable.
>>124009502
then don't pretend you care about any pretenses of quality control, because it's obvious you don't.
>>
>>124009539
>because mazetti sounds bad and is therefore unenjoyable.

The Slatkin recording is great and the Lopez-Cobos one is neat; idk I like both.
>>
File: Glenn_Gould.jpg (11 KB, 220x403)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
based

https://youtu.be/I_2gGXv3Wss?si=hGzKaW1lxXPNwHxn
>>
>>124009539
>don't pretend
Read what you wrote. Your conclusion is that ONLY people on private trackers can say they like quality on their downloads. I care about good covers and good metadata. I download from various sites and platforms. I check my downloads. I use picard and mp3tag to fix them if necesary. I create custom covers for unofficial releases like live recordings. In short, I like to spend time curating my collection. Maybe I do it all wrong, but I do care.
>>
>>124009573

C - GIV11 - - - Cvi7 - BV7b13 - E7b5
>>
>>124009573
>Perhaps the most discussed and most controversial issue relating to Gould’s health and personality is the claim that he had Asperger syndrome (now included within autism spectrum disorder). This claim has been passionately accepted, tentatively considered, or flatly denied by people who knew Gould personally and by doctors and scholars who have studied his life.
>>
Guridi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI3gBxUqzqk&list=OLAK5uy_mGJjJAzXVTcviNplNw8zs1Ojq2h8TAZLU
>>
>>124009569
they’re not great because they use mazetti’s edition (and also because slatkin is a subpar mahlerian, but that’s a different story). you’re free to like it, but don’t pretend that they’re good recordings.
>>124009613
if you cared about good metadata, you’d join private trackers that enforce tagging rules instead of relying on the good will of randos on a blogspot with a 3 digit monthly visitor count. also, i have no idea why you worry so much about the tags on the files you download when it literally takes 5 minutes to correct them. cover art and liner note scans are a different story (assuming the release is so obscure that the cover art can’t be ripped from online webstores and the scans aren’t available on discogs or musicbrainz), but tags are literally the most inconsequential part of downloaded files, because literally nothing is stopping you from changing them yourself.
>In short, I like to spend time curating my collection.
i do too. the difference is i’m better at sourcing my files than you are.
>>
>>124009818
Oh, I'll pretend alright!
>>
>>124009881
you’re only deluding yourself, quite frankly
>>
[traditional]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZKD8wZZarw&list=OLAK5uy_moGru-IiWF7CMbFUZkNru_U2wA3FqudIk
>>
>>124009818
sir redacted relies on the good will of its users to report torrents and to upload replacements. the latter may be incentivized but as far as classical music is concerned good metadata is clearly not a primary goal for its users.
>>
Binchois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ_RHeisoKM&list=OLAK5uy_kj-TMfmq3YgBlpC_KC7Lw6XiQ78rEwuJ0
>>
>>124009973
>sir redacted relies on the good will of its users to report torrents
not really, anything with bad tags is automatically marked trumpable, even if the argument for the tags being bad is extremely spurious, which is usually the case.
>good metadata is clearly not a primary goal for its users.
yeah, because metadata is literally the easiest thing in the world to fix. again, what a weird thing to complain about while also claiming that you like to spend time curating your collection.
>>
>>124010004
sir torrents uploaded with bad tags must first be reported as having bad tags. put another way, a user must first download a torrent, recognize the tags are either missing or wrong, and then only if he feels like it, report the torrent for it to then be marked as trumpable. for instance, i never report torrents with bad tags.
>>
NEW
>>124010149
>>124010149
>>124010149
>>124010149
>>
>>124010055
as opposed to a blogspot or soulseek which has no function for reporting and replacing uploads with bad tags.
>>
>>124010157
>if you cared about good metadata, you’d join private trackers that enforce tagging rules instead of relying on the good will of randos on a blogspot
sir redacted has really poor metadata for classical music which relies on the good will of its users to report and upload a replacement to trumpable torrents.
>>
>>124010179
as opposed to a blogspot or soulseek which has no rules for metadata and no option for users to report and upload a replacement to badly tagged uploads. what is your point here again?
>>
>>124010188
my point is that you shouldn't lambast anon for not being on private trackers when they are notoriously known for having the very characteristics of which had been applied to anon's means of gathering music
>>
>>124010205
i will lambast him because soulseek is literally no better on the best of days and a million times worse on average.
>>
>>124010210
maybe it just depends on how you use the service. soulseek has groups committed to certain genres whose files aren't shared publicly, for instance. and i'm sure not all blogspots, of which there are many, have as bad of tagging as you suggest.
>>
>>124010268
i wouldn’t trust the provenance of the rip or tag quality on either of those services regardless, and rip quality matters far, far more than something you can fix yourself like tags.
>>
>>124009818
>you’d join private trackers
Again, no, thanks.
Mate I care about my collection AND I like to visit my blogs. Those two are not opposed. Im not even preaching about them, I just talk about my personal interest. You reasons for joining a PT are valid and all that, but its not my cup of tea. I have my files, my cover and my tags.
>>
>>124010004
>what a weird thing to complain
Nah mate, you are reading all wrong. Im not complaing about tags, I stated what things are important in my collection (all equally important), including covers and metadata.
>>
>>124010438
i fail to see how covers and metadata being important to you has any relevance to blogs whatsoever, but sure, if you say so.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.