[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>claim the item is in excellent cosmetic condition
>has scratches and dents all over the camera body

Why is the second hand market resellers so retarded?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 70D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2024:03:01 11:36:34
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length37.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>4339907
Better than buying out of Japan.
I filter my results to North America because of their bullshit.
>>
>>4339907
>Appearance: near MINT+++
>Shutter count: 267000
>There is a little haze in the viewfinder. But it totally does not affect operation.
>There is a tiny scratch on sensor. But it does not impact photos.
>The battery cover is missing.
your true ebay used camera shopping experience
>>
>>4339922
My fucking biggest gripe is these Japanese sellers' scale.
>MINT+++++
Actually Mint / practically unused
>EXCELLENT++++
Has rather clean, light marks or scuffs
>EXCELLENT+++
Dinged, scratched, marked, but works well
>EXCELLENT++
Missing a part, screen is scratched heavily, might not turn on
>VERY GOOD+
Parts only (still asks for 75% of what mint is being sold for)

It kind of mimics the shitty gatcha games my gf plays, where the only characters worth getting are SSSSR+
>>
File: Capture.png (32 KB, 528x539)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>4339939
picrel
but I've seen worse scales than this one
>>
I don't even know why I even bother. The signal to noise ratio on Facebook Marketplace is 1:25. I'm better off trying eBay. I fucking hate thirdies, he's essentially WFH scamming dumb westerners and even if he gets $20 it's enough for the day.
>>
>>4339980
Is that an original 5D?
>>
>>4339981
It's the 5D Mark III I found last night for $250, of course it's fake.

Fucking annoying lol
>>
>>4339980
had a comparable experience as a seller. was for a nikon DF
chick comes to try the camera, says nothing, leaves
a day later some guy messages me, I'm buying it, I'll hand you X amount in cash. was fine by me, met the guy, took the cash, sold the camera
two days after that the bf or something of that chick messages me to buy the camera. I said it's sold. guy asks what? why? I said there has been no reservation, no downpayment, nothing like that, what obligation did I have to hold it for the chick?
guy replies "you are just a piece of shit"
KEKW this is why I only sell to recyclers now
>>
>>4339982
Oh, it's you.
The cheapest I've seen a (probably) legitimate MkIII for is $350.
>>
>>4339922
>Appearance: near MINT+++
>Body count: 267000
>Is a little lazy in the kitchen. But it totally does not affect cooking.
>There is a tiny wart on labia. But it does not impact intercourse.
>The left ear gauge is missing.
your true photo art student dating experience
>>
>>4339982
5DMkIII for $250? Would be an absolute steal but ofc the guy is either a scammer or a fuckin clueless moron. I've walked out on motorcycles when the guy wants a deposit, why would I fuck about with a camera?
>>4339983
Guy was a retard. Item goes to whoever pays for it first. Sometimes I sell otherwise worthless shit for pennies and I'll still have people asking to reserve it. Nooooooope. Here's how you reserve an item, you give me all the money I am asking for it, and now its yours.
>>4339989
Meds.
>>
>>4339983
Honestly I wouldn't even care if it sells the problem is is every seller when I find a decent deal begging me for a deposit when I am available to come to them everyday after 4:00 p.m. Its nearly all third worlders too using white/anglo appearing Facebook profiles. I'm at the point where I'm just gonna stick to eBay.

Personally if somebody checks out a camera and they don't like it or don't immediately buy it I would assume they're not interested and leave it at that. Sounds like the girl is a flake.
>>
>>4339989
lol
>>
File: file.png (440 KB, 640x1168)
440 KB
440 KB PNG
>>4339922
>>
>>4339912
神経質な方の入札はご遠慮ください
>>
>>4340019
It's because honestly it's not worth selling my shit on ebay 95% of the time. After shipping and ebays 15% cut the price is pretty close to what KEH or MPB will pay me. Then if you put a monetary value on the risk of not being scammed, it's usually just not worth it. Only a handful of times has it been significantly profitable enough to sell my gear through ebay. Hence everything is just Japanese sellers now.
>>
>>4340434
huh so my region isn't the only one where DIY ecommerce went to shit with crazy platform cuts and scammers everywhere
it was fun while it lasted
>>
The japs known for being honorable people are surely messed up when it comes to evaluating the condition of camera gear on ebay.. they are almost as bad as American coin sellers.
>>
>>4340437
I only sell niche products and things I have gotten extremely cheap on ebay these days. It is so easy to steal on that platform it is retarded and because americans are fat fucks that never had a trust based society it has to be that way and revising anything is a big no no. Leaving negative feedback for a scamming buyer for instance? No can't have that because people who got negative feedback were less likely to buy again.. not taking into account that they were most likely scammers that dumped their accounts when called out for their criminal behavior. This was their rationale when they revised the feedback system a decade ago.
Thankfully new market places are popping up left and right causing them to be less relevant.
>>
>>4340494
>because americans are fat fucks that never had a trust based society it has to be that way
?
>>
>>4339980
>saaar please ONLY 10 dollars even 5 dollars saar
Grim
>>
>>4339907
>caring about cosmetic condition
kill yourself
>>
File: Untitled.png (263 KB, 442x473)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
>AHHHHHHHHHHHH
I don't get it. I really well and truly don't understand the rationale.

>Here's this borderline fucked item that wasn't cared for, saw heavy use / misuse, has fungus growing in it or shit affecting the glass
>Buy them up as a reseller for maybe 30-60% of the new price
>Sell at 80% of the new price
>Somebody still buys them?

I mean frankly, I'm not going to pay 70%+ the cost of a new item if the used one has anything but light issues. I thought the concept of depreciation was a thing? Yes, camera lenses generally hold value but for that fraction of a new unit, I'm going to be asking for a logbook a handjob. Not to mention if I'm only saving 25% or whatever, I'd rather buy new and get warranty. Yes, that doesn't apply to things no longer being produced, but Canon for example still sell a variant of everything they've ever made in the last 40 years.
>>
>>4341969
if it doesn't look banged-up, it likely hasn't lived a hard life. you certainly can't make a judgment about its internal condition, but at least it hasn't been handled roughly.
if it looks banged up, then you can't be sure what other hardship it's been through.
what, never looked at used cars/bikes/quads/snowmobiles?
>>
>>4341970
>$800
For an EF 100mm no-USM macro?
lol
>>
Its actually insane how difficult it is to buy used now for cameras. I'm throwing in the towel. It seems more often than not I can get better deals on manufacturer refurbs or sales from Adorama. Most of the prices of cameras I have been tracking literally sell within 20% of retail new for well used items, and are often within under $100 of just buying the equivalent from a manufacturer refurb on sale
>>
>>4342153
>Its actually insane how difficult it is to buy used now for cameras
What are you trying to get?
>>
>>4342155
I was the guy who posted earlier in this thread about dealing with scammers...throwing in the towel unironically and made a post here >>4342151

I would appreciate your input desu. Leaning towards the KF and R10. Canon Refurb has some ridiculous sales going on atm and I keep getting decision paralysis (my paycheck just hit too so I'm a little more willing too)
>>
>>4342156
Have you given up on buying used entirely?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.