[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4114.jpg (51 KB, 480x360)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Now that the dust has settled, is he the Robert Frank of our lifetime bros?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HjuP527Xt2Q

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width480
Image Height360
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>4341010
Tranny
>>
>>4341010
Holy shit stop spamming this guy's videos
>>
>>4341010
It's actually way more enjoyable to watch him take photos than it is to actually see his photos. Most of his pictures are shit just by the nature of how he takes them. The fun is watching him get into arguments with random strangers who seem ready to throw their life away over trivial bullshit.
>>
>>4341010
Buy and ad trevor, you definitely have enough money after scamming people with your zine you never published
>>
>>4341010
I think it's actually the youtuber that's being spammed, I've seen more of these 'walkie talkie' links over the last few days than anything
>>
>>4341146
And I watched a bit of the one with Austin Augie and it was v. obnoxious
>>
>>4341010
This guy is a fucking parasite and it's creeps like him that make regular people suspicious of street photographers.
>>
>>4341148
He's actually kinda cute in the video, the thumbnail is v v v bad
>>
>>4341156
>He's actually kinda cute in the video
I watched the video when it came out. I would have kicked his ass if I were one of the people he ticked off.

Street photographers shouldn't be intrusive, this asshole is literally in your face.
>>
File: would.png (387 KB, 660x533)
387 KB
387 KB PNG
>>4341157

I mean, yes, but still
>>
>>4341158
you have shit taste anon
>>
>>4341159
Shrug
Nice cheekbones
>>
>>4341010
I like his enthusiasm, he's trying and also admitting that he's mostly shit, that's a great combination to improve. The photos to me just look like paparazzo junk, and monotonous, but of course he'll get two or three hits somewhere. I also liked the episode with Melissa O'Shaughnessy, on the surface she's doing teh same thing but it's insane how much better the compositions are imo.
>>
>>4341010
We run in the same circles and he's really fucking annoying. He pulls though but god is he fucking annoying. Maybe I'm a little jealous, but MAN he's fucking annoying. Annoying fucker. And short. He's probably going to be the most well-respected and revered photographer from this generation. He hits that sweet spot between being a total fucking annoying asshole prick and just a good enough artist and conversationalist. Absolutely a Picasso type.
>>
>>4341372
You mean he is annoying?

Can't stand that dudes face and attitude. Autists are supposed to be introverted and silent, but this fucker here... damn it.

You americunts can't do anything right.
>>
>>4341380
>posted on the internet, from your smartphone
>>
>>4341386
Okay except these two things, kek
>>
Would his style of photography fly outside of the Anglosphere?

I imagine some japs or slavs would beat his ass
>>
>>4341398
As an Aussie I can confirm the cunt would be bashed in 90% of places around here by either the local bogans or some fat wanker preaching "much privacy" (Australia has no right to privacy in public areas).

Fuck, I feel like I'd lamp the prick after seeing some of the invasive shit he does; I figured Americans would as well...
>>
>>4341402
Based aussies bashing limp wrist septics
>>
>>4341402
As an Aussie, yeah. There are definitely types who are just cruising looking for an altercation, and that bullshit is as good of an excuse as any for them. If you go to any of the major cities, im sure most university educated POC women would love someone to take their picture so they can make it out to be some kind of sexual assault warcrime.
>>
Is this guy a meme or something?

If he was a fat dude in cargo shorts nobody would watch that video
>>
>>4341417
He's a wiry kike, I don't think his looks are the reason he gets coverage
>>
Dude's photos aren't very interesting
>>
>>4341410
The thing is, they wouldn't though
>>
>>4341425
Meant for
>>4341402
>>
File: eggy.jpg (279 KB, 680x798)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>4341402
Lol, no. Street photographers are everywhere and I even do it myself, the only person that's got pissed with me was some mentally ill guy that I thought just looked interesting (which he was interesting, but in a more mentally ill way than I anticipated).
And who could possibly forget eggy? He's been in peoples faces in Brisbane CBD for years and gets some flak on occassion, but it's always online later and never to his face. People talk big online but do jackshit IRL.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image Width680
Image Height798
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2014:05:18 18:18:29
Image Width680
Image Height798
>>
>>4341428
Hm, I feel like Sydney might have a higher fuckwit per capita. That being said it's your own fault if you go outside anywhere west of Parramatta.

Definitely seen blokes punch on over someone with their phone out recording or taking photos. Idk man people get aggressive here for fuck all reasons, and I've seen some smashed DSLRs over the years.
>>
My name is trevor smartglass and this guy is a hack. My gorilla street snaps with be supreme in comparison and my zine wont be a scam.
>>
I'm not going to deny that street photography is technically art. Taking a shit on a canvas and letting the turds slide off before spraying laquer on it is also technically art.

it's just never produced anything good. ever.
>>
File: 17187335301166612.jpg (54 KB, 587x669)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>4341574
I'll deny it.

Street photography isn't, and never will be art.

>>
>>4341122
>It's actually way more enjoyable to watch him take photos than it is to actually see his photos

true. he can become more successful if he making such videos taking street photos not making street photos lol.
i'm not disregarding street photo but it's just simply much more better content to people enjoy.
Afterall, what street photos can give us?
>ohhhh look at that 60 yo granny in very old school fashion oooohhhh that's so sick bro
>ohhhhh look at the well suited up guy walking in the manhattan street with a take out coffee he must makes 7 figures bro oooohoohhhhh
huh?

t. another street fag
>>
>>4341585
it sounds like you lack the capacity to understand aesthetics. there's a little more to it than just the subject matter of the photo, but i'm wasting my time here. let's be honest, you're a lost cause and should consider another hobby since you lack an understanding of art
>>
File: 2024-07-25-0016.jpg (2.46 MB, 3665x2383)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB JPG
>>4341585
For me, its taking photos of vehicles coming at me

Equipment MakeMinolta
Camera ModelScan Dual II
Camera Softwaredarktable 4.8.0
Image Created2024:07:25 13:54:12
Image Width3665
Image Height2383
>>
>>4341576
Based
>>
>>4341622
Subject is king and only a special, different perspective can succeed in making a great photo of a shitty subject. Eye level 28mm is not that perspective.
>>
>>4341653
that's a retarded primitive dogma to live by. imagine limiting yourself to rules made by other people. cuck detected. like i said, you're a lost cause and wasting your time
>>
>>4341624
Kineaux
>>
>>4341671
>rules made by other people
Sounds like street "photography".
What I stated are just the facts.
>>
File: IMG_0081.jpg (927 KB, 2100x1400)
927 KB
927 KB JPG
>>4341624
>For me, its taking photos of vehicles coming at me
Hell yes

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon PowerShot S95
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2023:10:30 01:33:50
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length6.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width2100
Image Height1400
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>4341790
mmm yeah I am thinking kino
>>
>>4341010
>pretends to delete
lmfao what a scummy freak
>>
>>4341624
squid exploitation
nice genre of streetsnappery
>>
>>4341797
>squids
>helmets
Pick one
>>
>>4341806
stfu dumb tripfag
>>
>>4341807
seething cager
>>
>>4341806
not what that means
>>
>>4341010
Watch this video again and listen to the way this guy speaks, he's a maverick like Joker

He doesn't care about gear, he doesn't care about rules, Tommy wisecup is the kind of pioneer that pushes art forward, I look at this guy's self portrait of him smoking a cig while sitting in a new York bin and I see a statement and rebellion not seen since early punk in the 1980s, think sex pistols in photography form. He doesn't care about digital clean photography, he cares about the moment and a simple film camera

Anyone know if this guy has any socials I can follow?
>>
>>4341893
He's got an Instagram. Just Google his name.
>>
>>4341893
top kek
>>
>>4341893
this pic? blokes a bloody legend
>>
>>4341965
fack
this one
>>4341535
>>
>>4341463
Sydney people are just pissed off in general, which I can't really blame them for I guess. Expensive as shit to live there and traffic is a pain in the ass, so people are pretty stressed I imagine.

Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide don't give a shit in my experience. People in Melbourne and Brisbane in particular are very open to street photography and like being in photos, I've met quite a few nice people in both cities and got some good opportunities from it.
>>
>>4341893
so gay lmao
>bro he doesnt like the snoy, he le... leicasnaps!

these are just snapshits, typical street "photography"

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.