[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Quest OP.png (242 KB, 578x578)
242 KB
242 KB PNG
INSERT DISK

LOADING––

LOADING––

LOADING––

>New Game

Please select difficulty:
>E̶a̶s̶y̶
>N̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶
>Hard
>Nightmare
>True Reincarnation

Please Select Route-
>L̶a̶w̶ ̶H̶e̶r̶o̶
>Neutral Hero
>Chaos Hero
>>
>>5955408
>Voting will be open Until I Say So. Rules will follow difficulty and character select.

Take your time...
>>
>>5955408
>Nightmare
>Chaos Hero
>>
>>5955408
>Nightmare
>Neutral Hero
>>
>>5955410
>Nightmare
>Chaos Hero
>>
>>5955408
>>Chaos Hero
>Nightmare
>>
>>5955408
>True Reincarnation
>Neutral Hero
Go big, or go home.
>>
>>5955408
>>Nightmare
>>Chaos Hero
>>
>Nightmare- 5
>Chaos Hero- 4

Well then, almost what I expected of you anons. Voting closed. Writing.
>>
>>5955408
>>Nightmare
>Neutral Hero

>>5955500
Go to sleep.
>>
File: The Fool.png (154 KB, 256x512)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
…This has to be one of the strangest dreams you’ve had since you first started working in the cognitive world.

Rather than being somewhere like you’re used to, you’ve found yourself sitting on a pew in a gloomy church, rubbing at your eyes after a swarm of black butterflies engulfed you. You’re even in your normal, everyday cloths, the tan jacket covering your suit, gloves still on as you take in the surroundings.

Where the podium would sit, instead rests a grey stone gargoyle, blank eyed and unmoving. On the altar, a rotary telephone that appears made of bones themselves. A truly macabre sight, but not an unwelcome one, given your hidden job as an enforcer.

“Excellent. I was finally able to pull you away while that damnable thing was preoccupied.” A deep voice rings through the room, and when you locate the source, it’s… Not as expected.

A black haired man, dressed entirely in black, has somehow
appeared behind the altar, smiling uncomfortably widely at you. Pants, jacket, turtleneck, even glasses all the same, sinister tone.

Who I appear to be is not important.” His smile grows wider, and he beckons you over. A red flame burns on the surface, like something is materializing…

…Your own body betrays you, and you feel yourself standing up and walking up to inspect what’s appeared. A glance shows a… Contract.

“Before our time is cut short, boy, be aware that the fetters of your sire are not the only ones on your soul. My… Rival and I have had a long running game, and that interloper has meddled.” The man removes his glasses, revealing bright, almost shining, yellow eyes that pierce right through you. The strange smile turns to a grimace, and he waves to the altar. “Much as I hate to admit it, my powers have waned over the years, and I am being forced to use my rival’s system of empowering my champion of destruction to end this farce of a round. And a farce it is, since neither you nor my rival’s choice will be able to actually enact either of our victory conditions as it stands.

“What you do once I’ve freed you is, ultimately, your choice. If you wish to spread misery and madness like you have been doing as your sire’s crony, of course, I would be appreciative, but the consequences of your actions are yours to live with.” He continues, gesturing to the paper between you. A pen appears in another burst of red flames, and he offers it to you. “All I request is that you prioritize ending the interloper’s attempts at depriving humanity the opportunity to destroy itself. Nothing more, nothing less. Agree, and your yoke will be broken, and you can run loose as you so wish to be.”

(1/2)
>>
>>5955967
(2/3)

It takes but a single moment for you to confirm the deal written out, and you sign without even a second thought. To hell with being an attack dog on a chain!

Your signature- Goro Akechi- pulses, and you feel lighter in your very soul.

Watching the crimson characters burn through the contract, the man(?) in front of you lets out a laugh.

“Enjoy your rest, then, boy. The fetters of that control freak shall be removed, and your freedom to run rampant granted as best I can.” He says with a smile, far more normal looking now. “Be aware, though. You will have to play by my rival’s rules to reach your full potential. Do keep your eye out for others you can cooperate with, aside from myself and the attendant here.”

With a final, maddening laugh, the man claps his hands, and you can feel a dreamless sleep taking you again…

---Take—Your—Time---

Sunday, May 15, 20XX- Early Morning
Your alarm blares rudely, dragging you from your slumber. The headache this morning is by far the worst one in recent days, and you feel like something is off, but can’t place what. The last few months have been… Rough, between both your face job and the off the records one.

That bastard of a father of yours had been running you ragged with jobs lately, even ones that were downright… Petty. Including one in some coastal city, where the target wasn’t even a political one for one of his ‘allies’, just a teenager who had gotten in his way. It’s been a month and a half since taking on that Shadow and you’re still aching from it, though you’re certain it was properly dispatched.

Even with your curse resistance, the damn thing was hurting you with the Eigaons it was throwing around…

Glancing to your phone, you repress a groan. One target, likely hiding somewhere in that damn subway system, and orders to check in on several of his financers who had formed their own Palaces, just to gather more blackmail material. The deadline is the same day as the interview you’re giving that TV station next month, June 10th. More than enough time, even with your Detective Prince role taking up several days…

Fortunately, today is relatively free. Prosecutor Nijima hasn’t requested any of your services, nor have you received any other jobs that require you to present yourself as a detective. Watching the news as you get ready, you take in some of the recent events. That high school gym coach scandal seems to be losing steam with the new Madarame art exhibit starting today. Come to think of it, you did receive a ticket to that from a fan, for some reason..
>>
>>5955969
(3/3, pardon the bad breaking)

How do you spend your day?

>Business first. Clean up the target immediately.
>Spend some time relaxing. There is that lounge in Kichijoji you enjoy visiting… Perhaps darts or billiards would be a nice way to spend a free day.
>Visit the exhibit. A free pass is a free pass, and it doesn’t hurt your image to be seen as sophisticated…
>Write in

>But yes, Akechi Quest time, Chaos Bois
>>
>>5955970
>isit the exhibit. A free pass is a free pass, and it doesn’t hurt your image to be seen as sophisticated…
>>
>>5955970
>Visit the exhibit. A free pass is a free pass, and it doesn’t hurt your image to be seen as sophisticated…
>>
>>5955970
>Business first. Clean up the target immediately.
>>
>5984258
>>5984258
>>>5984258
>>
Dead quest?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.