[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (505 KB, 868x868)
505 KB
505 KB PNG
Are you a fan of World Trigger?
Or are you just curious?
Regardless, let's play a World Trigger campaign.
>>
File: file.png (274 KB, 2200x2500)
274 KB
274 KB PNG
I've never run a quest before so I'm going to wing some of this, and rely on my senpais from qst for help.

someone made this partial TTRPG adaptation of World Trigger. https://worldtriggerrpg.wordpress.com/ We can play more loosely though.

For now I'm just going to paste this map and megane and hope it works out.
>>
> Mikumo wakes up in an unfamiliar area with a couple big and small buildings. He is in his trion body and has one of his normal trigger sets. What will he discover about this place he has been transported to?!
>>
>>5991934
Could use some more to go on here, OP. Is this meant to be a narrative quest? Or some sort of RP? Usually quests are structured as a story told by the QM, with occasional stopping points where the QM will offer choices for the players to vote on to see how the story will continue.
>>
>>5991934
Also, if you're looking for advice on running a quest, the Quest Thread General /qtg/ is a good resource to ask questions, in case you weren't aware of it.
>>5962533
>>
>>5991930
What is world trigger?
>>
>>5992137

its an anime
>>
>>5992023
I was thinking more like we all kind of contribute to the story and we can all play 1 or a few characters and discard and add characters as we like... is that too random?
>>5992137
>>5992767
the manga (with the viz translations) is better!! the anime was toei'd!
>>5992030
Thank you.
>>
Hit that /qtg/ up, QM.
>>
>>5992137
Anime where Humans are gifted with abilities and archetypes. These abilities are ranked in terms of strength against other humans as a meta plot hook, but the main story was about humans using these abilities to ultimately fend off an alien invasion. Then one of the human-alien hybrids (if I remember right) had an ultimate ability and this hybrid joined the average-ability MC and his rookie sniper friend to boost their team rankings.
>>
>>5993362
>I was thinking more like we all kind of contribute to the story and we can all play 1 or a few characters and discard and add characters as we like... is that too random?
Stuff like that's not unheard of on this board, but if you really want to try and do that I think you need to provide a bit more structure if you want people to join in. An explanation of the setting, rules, char gen, a narrative hook for people to start from, etc. As is, you kinda just posted three sentences that don't explain anything and asked "What do?"
>>
File: file.png (324 KB, 563x386)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
WORLD TRIGGER /QST/ TL;DR

>setting
Japan, Mikado City.
The organization Border uses the substance/energy form "trion" to create advanced technological weapons called Triggers and "trion bodies" which they fight in, so when their trion bodies are destroyed, they "bail out" back into their vulnerable bodies.
The Neighborhood, which is essentially outer space, consists of several countries which are basically like stars or planets orbiting. They all have Triggers as well.
Neighbors invade Mikado city occasionally to collect trion from humans. They sometimes take them back to the Neighborhood. We're on a mission to get our people back.

>rules
In story mode you can just roleplay in your posts and roll dice if prompted for a skill check.
In battle mode we can have a grid map and do a turn-based improv thing, some of us can play enemies as well.

>char gen
Pick a name, a character design, introduce their personality if you'd like, and pick their triggers. See https://worldtriggerwiki.com/wiki/Trigger/Border_Triggers for more.

But basically you have 2 sets of 4 slots, and you can pick sniper rifles, guns, energy cubes, swords, shields, and things like grasshopper that let you hop around etc. you can just make shit up too.

>a narrative hook for people to start from

You are a group of Border agents who are on the way to the Neighbor country, Zalgeist. It is one week before you are to travel to the Neighborhood. You are going to do one simulated battle amongst yourselves and then head out to the country where you will face a bizarre new culture and geography and the enemies that have taken your friends and family as fuel sources.

>>5994238
That's a very, very good point...
I kind of just want to say "read the manga" because the manga is so good and explains the system way better than I could...

But I'll try to answer the questions you posed above.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.