[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

He seemed to perform pretty well in the euros but I literally can't imagine him doing anything noteworthy ever. He absolutely choked that header towards the end of the final too.
Is he the ultimate NPC player? He even looks completely forgettable
>>
>>142823492
>He seemed to perform pretty well in the euros
did he? rice was very good in that game against italy back in 2021 but all i saw this time was him passing backwards and stones barking orders at him
>>
>>142823536
idk he seemed to create some decent chances and win some balls. hard to say though because it seems like any passage of play he's involved with is completely forgettable
>>
>>142823492
Idk aren't there like fifteen other threads to ask this in?
>>
>>142823653
why? is today a huge day for college football or something?
>>
Bump
>>
Rice just isn't very good. Spain swaps out Rodri like it's nothing. Rice is doing the work of about four, five other players because England doesn't produce composed, technical midfielders who are comfortable in various places. Can't fault Rice because he did his absolute best but you're seeing the vast gulf in ability and talent and there's nothing he could've done about that.
>>
>>142823492
Mid player overhyped because he's English and because Arsenal have many online fans
>>
>>142823492
He's a centre back that got converted to a midfielder at West Ham he's very limited. John Stones plays better in midfield but that's because of Peps coaching
>>
>>142823492
>NOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T SAY THAT OR CALL HIM OVERRATED OTHERWISE YOU'RE A HECKING PLEB WITH NO DEEP UNDERSTANDING OF THE GAME OK???
>>
>>142823492
rice is a worker and not a talent, never will be, same with mainoo. both did a thankless job especially rice but i hope this might be a wakeup call to some england supporters that the talent pool really isn't there
>>
>>142823492
>He seemed to perform pretty well in the euros
He was a literal shitter and proved that he is a premier league baby like other English midfielders like Lampard or Gerrard
>>
>>142827092
Hmmm chudie Rice is better than prime Rodri, learn your factos before speaking
>>
>>142827051
>he's English
He got poached from the Irish, though.
>>
>>142823536
I thought he at least created some nice blooters for himself. I always thought he'd score and think he got very unlucky. This guy is such a great Allrounder in midfield yet in bongland Games He looks completely average most of the time...
>>
>>142829418
It's just the usual, clubs oozing with foreign talent making English players look a lot better than they are. I've never knocked Rice as he puts in a hell of a graft if he had talent around him to play off of maybe things would be different. Pfodz is a much bigger disappointment as he's clearly a fish out of water when he isn't in a city shirt.
>>
>>142823492
Side pass, side pass, side pass.
At least with Arsenal he goes forward, he is not as confident with his teammates for the national team. Maybe he knows Kane and Foden are fucking ass
>>
>>142823492
the truth is, he is too beta to be a great player, especially a great defensive midfielder
just look up his piggy gf
>>
>>142829395
Other way around, retard. The Irish FA did its usual tactic of hunting down every English footballer with an Irish grandparent and getting them to play for Ireland.
>>
>>142823492
Sometimes you get great players who look like they do nothing but really they hold the team together and make everyone else play well. Didier Deschamps was a great example of that. Rice is just mediocre.
>>
I chant spake

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.