[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1.45 MB, 760x960)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
*be better than Mazzola, Del Piero, Totti, Cassano, Di Natale, Balotelli on your path*
>>
>>142943139
>Totti
glorified Lampard
>di Natale
glorified vardy
only impressive one is del piero but yeah, baggio is clear
>>
>>142943156
Pretty based post
>>
you miss one kick...
>>
>>142943139
>Del Piero
UCL winner
World Cup winner
>Baggio
neither
>>
>>142943638
Team sport
>>
>>142943139
DI baggio is just the Italian recoba, played 10 games a season and the rest injured
>>
>>142943139
1. Maradona
2. Roberto Baggio
3. Anybody else
>>
none of you guys watched Baggio playing so shut up
>>
He was the definition of SOVL. But sadly in this sport 1 moment can completely fuck your entire career up. I saw an interview recently of roberto and he said the missed kick still haunts him, sometimes can't sleep at night thinking what he should have done differently.
>>
>>142943139
show benuldy
>>
>>142943731
Baggio is reddit the player
>>142945881
You didn't even watch the fucking penalti kick tandem on youtube Mr. Redditord. Italy was already losing it and even if Redditberto Baggio scored it there was a 95% chance that Brazil would have won either way. Italy in that WC also refballed Spain hard and played some of the most boring Catenaccio ever witnessed so that WC loss was well deserved
>>
File: file.png (996 KB, 810x449)
996 KB
996 KB PNG
>>142945881
>>142947908
>>142946496
>>142943509
Yeah even if he scored Bebeto would have 99% won it for Brazil anyway. 2006 Trezeguet was much worse but no one remembers cause Baggio just got that aura
>>
File: file.png (306 KB, 492x275)
306 KB
306 KB PNG
>>142943821
Based Swedebro
>>
>>142943139
nobody was better than del piero. baggio is accepted as the italian goat because he was never that affectionate to Juve, even if he played for >us and not for the inter or milan except when he was beyond finished.
if del piero played for milan he would be unanimously recognised as the greatest by far.
totti and cassano dont even deserve to be mentioned here, everyone can be great at roma, where you can play whole seasons like shit and have people remember only the good games you played. if del piero like any other Juve or milan player had 3 bad games, he would have been destroyed by the fans and replaced by another player by the coach. small clubs “legends” dont exist: the real test comes when you have to win. compared to that, all the rest are friendly matches.
>>
>>142948450
>replaced by another player
*replaced with another player
>>
>>142948450
When Del Piero got injured the team finished 7th in the league with Zidane. He is highly underrated and Baggio highly overrated
>>
>>142943156
Garbage tier post MN acaco
Totti was epic
But yeah baggie is the goat of football. The finest player ever. Only laudrup comes close
>>
>>142943638
Also
>Del Piero
Overrated shitter
>Baggio
Shitter but based
>>
>>142948461
baggio was still a phenomenon. del piero is the italian goat for sure. baggio was sold because 20ish yo del piero was better than him. tbf, pre-injury del piero was better than prime ronaldo nazario/neymar/mbappe.
>>
1. Baggio/laudrup
Everyone else
>>
>>142948481
>baggio was still a phenomenon.
You can be technically gifted but if you deliver nothing and spend half of your career injured, you can't be rated as Baggio is. It is the same case with Magico Gonzalez who was technically more gifted than Baggio but was all the time doing drugs and partying and stayed most of his career in Cadiz were the stakes were low
>>
>>142948488
well, baggio single handed took italy (if you look at the lineup, a team of shitters including the coach) to the final lost against brasil, and he won a ballon d’or back when it used to mean something.
>>
>>142948501
*single handedly
>>
File: tassoti luis enrique.jpg (174 KB, 1248x770)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>142948501
>single handed took italy
Italy needed refball and easy matches (Nigeria, Spain, Bulgaria) to even reach the final. That team just parked the bus and relied on lucky counters and blooters, it was awful to watch and I don't understand how it became so romanticized
>>
>>142948523
ok, who cares. i wont call you a schizo just because you happen to be a del piero enjoyer. maybe a based schizo.
>>
>>142948537
>ok, who cares
It is important to put things into context to actually judge things. If you put Baggio as a top Italian player because of the 1994 run you have to know that the Italian team needed refball to even pass the QFs
>>
>>142948565
Just like Spain did these euros :)
>>
>>142948680
Keep coping, it wasn't a penalti and it got preceded by an offside and a handball
>>
He is the best italian player ever but he was cancelled using the penalty as an excuse, the real reason is that he converted to buddhism
>>
>>142948794
>the real reason is that he converted to reddit the religion
>>
It does not have anything to do with how he was a good football player
>>
>>142948794
He's a Buddhist who hunt and kill animals. He's as much of a Buddhist as Netanyahu
>>
>>142948806
No one even knows roberreddit Baggio converted to Buddhism. That is just an schizo excuse to justify a very mediocre career packed with shit seasons and injuries. Literally the italian version of Magico Gonzalez
>>
>>142948818
except italian media that decide to shit on him
>>
I'm not old enough of a boomer to see him play but his career seems to have lots of instances of bad injuries followed by him getting replaced by a player that completely outshone him
>>
>>142948523
a lot of it has to do with winning two matches with 10 men. first vs norway, played almost the whole match with 10 men. then zola got sent off for absolutley nothing when they were already a goal down. that was one of the saddest moments in football, zola wanted to cry. turning that match around was really one of the best feelings ever.
>>
>>142948501
what? the team was very good, you the core of the milan team that was the best in europe. vialli was missing for some dumb reason, but the team was still very good.
>>
>>142948450
>muh giuve bias
most people consider Buffon the goat and he is associated to juventus even more than Del Piero.
>>
File: IMG_6886.jpg (144 KB, 825x604)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>142948986
anon who the fuck are these people (on top of that coached by ack riggo sacked whose career proved him to be eternal laughing stock for all following italian generations)
only baggio was good, and baresi and madini were just cbs
btw sorry for the refball in the euros croatbro we never deserved to play the ro16 the name you are looking for is beppe marmota
>>
>>142949061
almost every player on that team won european club titles.
>>
>>142949061
>who the fuck are these people
A zoomer would say the same about this team that reached a CL final and was a great team, you not knowing them doesn't mean that they were shit. Dinno Baggio had a very good WC for example
>>
>>142949061
Baggio wasnt even the best Baggio of that team
>>
>>142949102
But troubles if you say that
>>
i don't think i've ever seen a Roberto Baggio highlights reel. maybe one doesn't exist. all we see is the penalty miss; maybe he's just unlucky that his best years were before there was much TV coverage
>>
>>142945881
>still haunts him
Sacchi and Biaggio are the only people left who still think about that final i feel like. People moved on after Berlin.
>>
>>142947908
>i can't like this thing because it's reddit
what a fucking pussy lmao
>>
>>142948450
Glad to hear that, I always liked del piero for the name and cause he looked like a good person handsome instead of bad person handsome, if you know what I mean.
Didn't know he was that good.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.