[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

HEEEEM edition
Girls tomorrow
Boys on Friday
>>
File: 1719614123310.jpg (589 KB, 1156x1079)
589 KB
589 KB JPG
>>142943384
>>
File: 1721206271081056.jpg (86 KB, 500x625)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>142943384
>>
>>142943653
pig
>>
>Cherry-Evans
Imagine supporting a neo nazi
>>
Thread’s off to a great start lads
>>
>>142943653
fuck off normie your shitty memes dont belong here
>>
Who the fuck is that anyway? Some slag from NRLW?
>>
>>142944306
>not recognising her
Now who’s the normie
>>
>>142943826
Problem anon?
>>
>A rising star of the NRLW is facing assault charges after allegedly bashing a teenage girl following a dispute over a food delivery.
>>
>>142944765
https://www.SmH.com.au/national/nsw/nrlw-player-allegedly-assaulted-teenage-girl-20240724-p5jw29.html
>>
>Matt Arthur given permission to look for a new club

Brad, Matt and Jake gonna lead the Quokkas to a dynasty in a few years
>>
File: 1672695535025277.png (253 KB, 1271x503)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
>>
>bread audience
>>
>>142945391
Hello
>>
>>142944433
So who is it?
>>
>>142945792
she plays for the sharks, DYOR
>>
File: taneka_kate.webm (3.45 MB, 576x1024)
3.45 MB
3.45 MB WEBM
>>142945621
I knew she was rough as guts when I first saw her
>>
>The girl's father told 2GB's Ben Fordham that the alleged altercation occurred when she ordered $70 worth of UberEats and when it did not arrive, she knocked on the door of another flat in the building.
FOOD THIEVES GET WHAT'S COMING TO THEM
>>
nigger reddit league
>>
>>142945827
So who is it?
>>
baron von harkonnen
>>
>Trai Fuller upgraded to top 30, re-signs until 2026

Your inaugural Quokkas fullback lads
>>
The telly just dropped some juicy PNG propaganda

The myths, disrespect and misinformation around PNG’s NRL bid are astounding and sad.

Is it arrogance or a small mindedness from those thinking rugby league should only be played on Australia’s east coast?

PNG has social and economic challenges most Australians will, fortunately, never have to confront but that doesn’t give us the right to mock and ridicule our northern neighbours.

Australia’s high commissioner to Papua New Guinea John Feakes said PNG’s maligned international reputation was “disappointing, unfortunate and askew.”

I just spent four fascinating days in Port Moresby and Goroko among people who are united by rugby league. For some, it’s all that they have.

PNG rugby league has it all – players, passion and money. The PNG bid appears ready to be formally approved by both Governments as early as next month so it’s time to reveal the truth about PNG.

MYTH: PNG DOESN’T HAVE THE MONEY

TRUTH: It’s ill-informed bulls**t. PNG will be among the richest clubs in the NRL, alongside the Brisbane Broncos. The Australian Government’s $600m investment is only part of the financial conglomerate and business plan PNG will build. Papua New Guinea Prime Minister James Marape hosted a dinner last weekend where he asked the top-end-of-town to donate to PNG’s bid – and they will. I’m not talking peanuts here. Yes, the lower class in PNG is poor but the high-flyers are wealthy, exceptionally wealthy.

And PNG rugby league has an influential supporter in its bid chairman, Wapu Sonk, managing director of Kumul Petroleum. This isn’t a Sydney team restricted by suburban boundaries. This is an entire country.
>>
MYTH: VISITING NRL TEAMS WON’T BE SAFE.

TRUTH: Teams playing PNG will be safe. It’s not their job to worry about what happens away from footy in PNG. They are there to play football and that’s it. Teams will travel on commercial flights and stay at the five-star Stanley Hotel in Port Moresby.

I stayed a night at the Stanley and it’s as good as anything I saw in Las Vegas earlier this year.

Games are likely to be played at the all-seat 15,000 PNG National Football Stadium which is expected to be revamped to a 20,000 arena by 2028, when PNG is hoping to enter the NRL. The dressing rooms and corporate facilities are NRL standard. PNG PM James Marape said NRL players will be treated like “rock stars and royalty.” Opposition teams will be safe and secure, provided some rogue idiot doesn’t wander off into the darkness at night.

MYTH: IMPORTED PLAYERS WILL FEEL THREATENED?

TRUTH: The PNG bid has multiple site options for a village-style resort on Port Moresby Harbour. The complex will varying accommodation options along with shops and supermarkets. Prospective players will be thoroughly informed about the positives and negatives of Port Moresby before signing.

The fear mongering is unfair. Players will be paid well to play well and they’ll train at a yet-to-be-built state-of-the-art high performance centre. They will live in secure accommodation and told when and where they can go during their down time. Buses would take kids to school and Port Moresby General Hospital is the largest hospital in PNG.

These players won’t be the first international athletes who have shifted to another country to pursue their sporting careers. There are already around 10,000 Australians living in PNG.
>>
MYTH: IT’S A WASTE OF GOVERNMENT MONEY

TRUTH: It’s not. This is about expanding rugby league, giving PNG footballers a future of hope and warding off any possible Chinese incursion throughout the Pacific.

The Australian Government’s investment in PNG is about securing the region. PNG are loyal allies to Australia and the $60m a year in funding isn’t a lot. Imagine the money required to shore up and protect our shores if China did push closer through PNG. It would run into billions of dollars.

This is a win-win for Australian rugby league and the Australian people.

And remember half the $60m a year payment will be split among PNG and other Pacific nations to propagate rugby league development. Ever wondered how and why the Pacific nations have become such a force over the past ten years? Here’s your answer.

MYTH: A STRUGGLING ECONOMIC COUNTRY CANNOT POSSIBLY SUCCEED IN PROFESSIONAL SPORT.

TRUTH: It shouldn’t be an issue. Let the PNG Government eradicate its social issues. That’s not for a rugby league to fix. Look at some of the powerful soccer nations in Africa and South America.

Those countries have horrendous economic problems yet that doesn’t preclude them from being elite on the world football stage.

There aren’t any Wallabies or Swans jumpers in PNG. This is a pure rugby league country. There are giant photos of South Sydney’s Alex Johnston on billboards around Port Moresby and footy is played by kids on every spare patch of grass.

MYTH: PNG DOESN’T HAVE THE PLAYERS TO COMPETE

TRUTH: You bet they bloody do. I watched a 12-team, two-day NRL bid carnival in Goroka last weekend involving 240 players and the standard was unbelievably high. They just need a little more finesse and that will come with time and expert coaching.

Let’s have an open mind. This would have to be among the biggest strategic and logistic challenges ever faced in rugby league. Good on Albo and PVL. Don’t listen to the doomsayers. Let’s think big.
>>
I'm not going to read all of that but I am going to say fuck the bears
>>
>>142946711
>MYTH: PNG DOESN’T HAVE THE MONEY
Also….
>The Australian Government’s $600m investment
So which is it? Also give a TL;DR next time, I didn’t read any further
>>
The average aussie has no idea that our friendly northern neighbours are like a country sized Mount Druitt

Overall, the cumulative financial aid from Australia to PNG over the past two decades amounts to billions of dollars, reflecting a strong and enduring partnership aimed at fostering development and stability in PNG (Business Advantage PNG) (Lowy Institute).
>>
>>142945391
let's go
>>
>>142946711
>Is it arrogance or a small mindedness from those thinking rugby league should only be played on Australia’s east coast
Norf erasure tbqhwy
>>
File: GNVw_kzXEAAAYkk.jpg (86 KB, 451x628)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>Is it arrogance or a small mindedness from those thinking rugby league should only be played on Australia’s east coast?

Same fucking newspaper that puts out a two page spread every few weeks trying to pressure the NRL to force the North Sydney Bears onto one of the expansion bids btw
>>
>>142948189
Reading that drove my blood pressure up too and it's why I didn't read any further. Not sure who I hate most out of journalists, politicians and referees.
>>
Kayo fucking up again.
>>
Hey the Olympics start tonight we doing /ozlympics/ again?
>>
BASED KATE FELLON
>>
https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/07/23/nrlw-set-for-pivotal-season-amid-popularity-surge/
>>
>While further expansion is under consideration, NRLW players have called for the season to be extended to 16 or 22 rounds before more teams are added.
Hear hear
>>
How many games are they playing this season?
>>
>This year's NRLW competition will be a 10-team, nine-round season with the top four progressing to semi-finals before culminating in a decider on NRL Grand Final day.
>>
I'm not a fan of nrlw having to share the gf spotlight
>>
It gives them a great crowd that they'd never get in a standalone GF
>>
It's not their crowd though. The gf is a sellout regardless and the curtain raisers should be lower grade games only. I like the state championship (the game between the NSWcup and Qcup) but I don't think that should be on gf day either
>>
>>142948699
DELETE THIS
>>
You'd rather they play in a half full Combank?
>>
They could play it at the sfs
>>
https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/07/24/arlc-welcomes-rugby-league-world-cup-2026-hosting-rights/

Australia and PNG hosting the 26 world cup. Only 10 teams now though
>>
I'm disappointed. 16 was perfect. With 10 they'll revert to that gay shit of uneven groups
>>
File: mascotes-league.jpg (311 KB, 1080x1080)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
Are they safe?
>>
business idea: the NRLW develop a similar game to the NRL but with rules and systems that compliment their unique game, that would be fresh and entice a new audience to watch
it would entail risk taking but could be extremely popular word wide instead of just being mildly popular domestically because its watching women play rugby league like the boys do
call it womens league and make it a whole new game of their own like netball but men and women actually want to watch it
>>
>>142948699
just like danny
>>
>Paddy the Heffron Park orange cutter with the small brained takes
As usual
>>
>>142948862
>>142948910
You’re not being deprived of great matches
England 94 d Greece 4
Australia 84 d Scotland 0
New Zealand 68 d Jamaica 6
Lebanon 74 d Jamaica 12
Tonga 92 d Cook Islands 10
>>
I can explain why I think 16 is better though
>>
>>142948937
Women's is 8
>>
>>142948938
This isn’t as bad an idea as it appears on first reading. Anyone remember watching the Lingerie Football League? The modified rules to suit the ladies such as the shorter field and no kicking made the game faster and more palatable than watching women play “regular” american football. The only problem was the lingerie - nobody took it serious. Had they given them regular uniforms, think the game would have gotten more traction
>>
NRLW is good though. Making the women bo beyond the ordinary limits of womanhood and throw their bodies in front of 100kg Polynesians is what makes it the greatest female sport.
>>
>>142948987
Lingerie league was not entertaining even with the lingerie. Taking it away wouldn't make it more entertaining. There's very little wrong with NRLW as it is that isn't solved just by time and more invested in player pathways/development. The only rule change I could maybe see being worthwhile would be a weight limit because I think the discrepancy between a 120kg tubby forward and a 60kg half/back is more severe in the women's game than the equivalent in the men's game. But that's something that might also solve itself in time.
>>
yeah a 120kg minimum to play NRLW
>>
The only issue with NRLW is the girthy manball versus dainty girl hands, and the best answer is more sticky spray rather than downgrading
>>
>>142949187
>sticky spray
IYKWIM
>>
https://x.com/NRLonNine/status/1130645886126551040
>>
File: thw glue on the hands.webm (3.07 MB, 1067x600)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB WEBM
>>
https://x.com/Ansonsmith6/status/1814984277630783771
>>
kek one day I'll have to watch 360 if one of you lads remind me its on
>>
Any of you play or coach u12's until about u14's? There's massive size discrepancy you've got 80kg dudes with beards running at 40kg midgets. You've got some kids still chasing butterflies, and there's usually one or two on the team who actually knows what's going on enough to organise an effective set and a decent enough kick.
That's what nrlw is like
>>
File: 1718690143649031.jpg (53 KB, 500x507)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>142949284
>That's what nrlw is like
I really didn’t want to use this pic
>>
paddy is right fuckhead
>>
Love when he gets so mad he turns his VPN off
>>
>>142943447
While he was out he had a vision. A vision of 11 games. All wins. No losses.
>>
File: ruebs.webm (3.66 MB, 576x1024)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB WEBM
love when you have schizophrenia
>>
That image works both ways if you think about it, if you can think
>>
>>142949337
Holy shit, she made this specifically for us didn't she.
>>
she was really doing a great job on him too
>>
i didn't realise the broncos had an attractive player this year, shoulda put her on the roulette
>>
nice eyes
>>
File: 36364798.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
I could fix her
>>
>>142949618
for sure
>>
>>142949632
>>142949627
>>142949592
None of them compare to NRLs hottest chick
>>
>>142949284
Just say Islander kids mate. And yes in mod footy we had a giant Islander girl who would run the length with six boys hanging off her.
>>
>>142949592
>>142949632
Jetayas hotter sister
>>
>>142949719
kek same here
>>
>>142949644
hnnnngggggggg
>>
>>142949627
From the roughest dirtiest housing estate in all of South Sydney. It's war for every KFC App order.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAkAjAL5jgA
>>
>>142949644
CLINT NEWTON TAPPED THAT
>>
>>142949644
Suss
https://archive.4plebs.org/sp/search/image/xHuNTinwULRrWs7E402tLA/
>>
>>142949719
It's not only islander kids, it's that most (could say all) the islanders play footy whereas not all the other big lads do. We had a Croatian kid at school 6'2 at 14 and built and he only played soccer, and another 6'1 not lanky Aussie who played basketball. We had a couple of big Aussies at the club who could take on islanders and a couple of others at school, and we had islanders at both.
It's bullshit to blame islanders alone on the size argument at age group. Stop being pussies, get some big fat fucks to not be lazy, and teach the small kids how to protect themselves it'll make them not only better players but better men
>>
looks like someone stumbled upon the old wardrobe malfunction meme
>>
But they don’t only post it here it seems
>>
someone probably a zoomer in aerial ping pong started posting it weeks ago
>>
the same anon trawls the archives and revives old memes all the tim, desperate to look like an oldfag
>>
>>142949644
Those were the days
>>
File: FB_IMG_1721822241830.jpg (20 KB, 405x405)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>someone probably a zoomer in aerial ping pong started posting it weeks ago

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.