[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

These are the 20 most athletic countries in the history of the world according to this irrefutable data.
>>
>>142943562
>per capita
But how many medals in the same sport?
>>
Imagine being that one guy in Grenada.
>>
Top 20 Summer + Winter Game gold medals per capita (all-time)
>>
based Grenada
>>
Wow Germany is worthless without Soviet doping
>>
>>142943562
This doesn't take into account total the population of the country at the time of the medal being won, so it's flawed data. Global population increase for each subsequent games is also not considered.
The fact that total population has statistically zero effect on the athlete pool and the willingness of government to allocate resources to the games also makes your entire thread pointless and meaningless
>>
>>142943562
>>142943584
yeeeeeeeeee
>>
>per copeita

this is so sad
>>
File: joke.jpg (7 KB, 259x194)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>142943562
When exactly this correlation between population size and Olympic performance became the absolute test of a nation's athleticism.

Do one about the amount of money each country invests on sports and pharmaceuticals and you might get closer to an answer.
>>
>>142943627
>This doesn't take into account total the population of the country at the time of the medal being won, so it's flawed data.
Why should I care about which country was the best in the world in 1936 or whenever French Polynesia won a bronze medal? I want to know who is the best today (or as of the date of the last olympics, which is when the population snapshots were taken).
>>
>>142943627
High IQ post, the world population looked very different 100 years ago.
>>
>>142943705
I see the correlation between countries that win a lot of medal are also generally quite happy countries. Finland, Sweden, Norway are also up there with us too.
>>
>>142943710
But you are taking the medals a country won in 1932 (or whenever), and diving it by the number of inhabitants they have now.

In between, different countries grew their populations at different speeds, due to immigration, birth rates or whatever reason.
>>
>>142943719
I'm told it's impossible to suffer in New Zealand (sans Auckland)
>>
>>142943734
Don't ever come to Tauranga, it's an elderly NIMBY shithole.
>>
>>142943732
Well yes, that declining per capita rate shows that they couldn't maintain their athletic ability throughout those years.
>>
>>142943562
Most of Finland's medals came during the 1912-1956 period. Since that date they barely win a few per olympic games, and in the last three they only won bronze medals.
>>
>>142943758
You can NOT suffer in NZ
>>
>>142943792
It's a good chart, it's interesting from a historical perspective, I'm just not sure it says anything about the state of sporting abilities in each country today.
>>
>>142943732
>>142943792
Though the real high iq denominator would be to divide total golds by the total cumulative population to have ever gained nationality in the country. This would mean every person who ever lived there would represent the country in the statistics.Unfortunately that data doesn't exist, at least not for most countries.
>>
>>142943820
>Though the real high iq denominator would be to divide total golds by the total cumulative population to have ever gained nationality in the country. This would mean every person who ever lived there would represent the country in the statistics
This would be perfect. A proper all-time record of Olympic wins (per capita).
>>
File: file.png (907 KB, 951x633)
907 KB
907 KB PNG
>>142943805
Firstly, that's Mount Maunganui, not Tauranga, Tauranga would be to the right, off screen from that image.
Secondly, it's woefully overgrown out and underdeveloped all around.
We've actually been without a city council for five years because the previous council were all enriching themselves with city funds and contracts, then when one guy spoke out about it, everyone stated in-fighting with each other and the council was dissolved, replaced by a central government commission.
On a side note, the new mayor of Tauranga is actually a former Olympic double gold medalist, Mahe Drysdale. Even went to my old high school too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mah%C3%A9_Drysdale
>>
>winter sports
Lol

Hungary, Bahamas and New Zealand very impressive tho
>>
>all-time medals won
>present day populations

What did Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna Bo Besca the Third mean by this?
>>
>>142943584
What happens at Liechtenstein?
>>
>>142943562
Winter Olympics don't count.
>>
>>142943710
I thought you nips were smart lmfao
>>
>>142944812
Okay Paco
>>
>>142943796
yeah it was basically before blacks took over in running
>>
>>142943562
we will have two super ballon d or winner though

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.