[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 4kuhd1.jpg (38 KB, 1200x750)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Why did it never take off for live sports? I actually think there were more 4k broadcasts in the past than there is now.
>>
>>142960366
My country (and I think every other one) still broadcast live tv only on 1080i, not even "p"
>>
turd world couldn't afford it
>>
>>142960366
broadcasters are cheap jew fucks, simple as. and actually, maybe its because im getting older but i swear video quality is worse than it was years ago.
>>
>>142960426
I swear 720p looks dogshit now and it didn't some years ago.
>>
>>142960366
And the best use for 4K is sports...
It makes a huge difference, in movies/tv shows it doesn't really change that much from 1080p
the elites pay guys like this to shill that "4K is not the answer" so they dont have to spend more money https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UX75uEq9IdU&pp
>>
he is right. 4k in american sport should come as standard. American sport teams and tv channels dont want to play it in 4k. They can do it easily but they dont want to just because they have nothing from it(money wise) and they dont give a damn about their fans/customers. American sport/tv market is the biggest one and only you dont have 4k broadcast or at least good FULL HD. Tour de France was recorded with hundreds of cameras and was broadcasted in 4k. No one can tell me that cycling is making more money than nfl, nhl, nba or nba. In Canada Toronto Raptors home games are in 4k. In many countries English Premier League and German Bundesliga are broadcasted in 4k, Formula 1 as well(and who knows how many cameras they need to record formula 1). All 4 grandslams are in 4k. In Australia AFL league is in 4k and it is funny to compare how big is for example nba market and AFL(sport popular in just one country with just 25 million people). So it is possible, especially for such a big market like USA but they dont want to cause they are pure capitalists.
>>
I have it here through youtubetv but it seems to only be used on a weekly or bimonthly basis, and mostly for big events. Let me assure you that boxing is amazing at high res + framerate through Amazon, I wish every boxing promo broadcasted through them

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.