[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 07-45-620x372.jpg (35 KB, 620x372)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Which Olympic "sport" do you think you'd be in medal contention for if you had 4 years to practice every day, you get paid a decent salary and you're training instead of work?
So basically instead of working you just train in that one specific sport all kit is provided to you.
I reckon most of them would be pretty easy to get to the required level to qualify within that time maybe just the running, boxing and gymnastics would be harder.
Shit like diving and kayaking I think I'd win a medal easily.
>>
>>142967569
Shooting
>>
Archery
>>
>>142967569
Haven't had to use it much, but I think I used to have decent acceleration, so maybe something with that. Maybe I wouldn't be in medal contention, but maybe I'd get on our rugby team
>>
>>142967569
3x3 basketball
>>
>>142967569
javelin throw
>>
The manlet in the rowing competition
>>
>>142967569
>Shit like diving and kayaking I think I'd win a medal easily.
You really have absolutely no clue about sports, do you?
>>
>>142967582
same, I'm already decent at the clay targets
>>
>>142967569
Probably most likely shooting or archery, but I'd like to see how high my ceiling in chong pong would be.
>>
Modern pentathlon
>>
Wasn't the Olympics supposed to be for amateurs? Why is Olympic Golf just pros?
>>
>>142968628
Football and ice hockey are virtually the only olympic sports where the elite athletes are not allowed to play
>>
>>142968509
Start paying me now and supply all the kit.
You can have the medal when I win it in 2028. Just want to prove what a joke the whole thing is.
>>
>>142967569
I think I could do 3x3 basketball
>>
>>142967569
Besides the obvious shooting sports, shotput/javelin/discus seem to just be functions of how massive you can get.
>>
>>142967569
Surfing
>>
>>142968628
>Wasn't the Olympics supposed to be for amateurs?
They're not, that's just FIFA shilling
>>
>>142967569
With 9hrs a day 5 days a week:
Climbing would be easy
Shooting obviously
Any of the horsey shit
Handball, volleyball, field hockey any of that stuff nobody actually plays irl
Taekwondo easy enough
All the sailing ones
Surfing
Skating
Any cycling
Javelin
Long jump and stuff like that, easy enough
Kayak so easy
The multiple event ones easy
Why don't governments fund this?
>>
50m freestyle. I would be absolutely wrecked but it’s short enough of a distance that it wouldn’t be completely humiliating
>>
>>142967569
Most delusional post I've seen all time on this board.
The only sport where it's possible is curling.
>>
>>142967569
None, are you kidding me. Those athletes already do that except they’re naturally talented at it and have been doing it since they were kids.
>>
>>142967569
Archery and air rifle. NOT clay shooting, i know how hard that shit is and how good those guys are. Archery because I already have some comp experience. Medal contention? No but it's the closest sport i could get.
>>
we have these threads every 4 years. have any of you tried since the last one?
>>
>>142978383
These Olympic "athletes" aren't doing 45hrs a week training. They're doing 10 absolutely maximum.
That's 18yrs worth of intense training over 4yrs.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.