[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: kante.png (1.22 MB, 745x820)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
What other Defensive Midfielders play like Kante? IMO, he's what DM's should play like, running down and ripping niggas. Not that lame "marking space" "press resistant' "keep ball at all cost" style like Rodri and Busquets.

A True DM.
>>
>>142985728
>I need a Ngubu running around like a headless chicken for 90 minutes instead of a player that allows me to play a more effective and powerful system that allows me to win a lot more
>>
>>142985728
Kante's not a defensive midfielder. He's great at winning the ball back tho
>>
>>142985749
when you lose the ball your bum busquets and rodri get left in the dust and have to resort to shhirt pulling like pussies
>>
>>142985728
We don't use that n-word here, chud.
>>
>>142985764
Rodri just BTFOed France's midfield and made them look like amateurs that couldn't even get the ball back like 2 weeks ago anon, just let it go he is simply the superior player to Ngubu who is a decent tool for most teams but is nowhere near the quality or impact that higher IQ players have
>>
>>142985796
frances midfield is shit, they tchoumeni whose just a CB out there
>>
Makelele was better
>>
>>142985806
>frances midfield is shit
All the players are starters in top 10 clubs (except Kante who was in Arabia) Rodri just BTFOed them with great ball recovery, ball distribution and winning a bunch of aerial duels and allowing Spain to press high (something that literally makes Kante useless offensively)
>>
>>142985728
He isn't a defensive midfielders, in that Chelsea team Jorginho was the DM. Kante is a box to box midfielders. There are many midfielder who play like him but obviously nowhere as good as him. Matuidi was similar to him back then but even more versatile because he can play as a midfielder and a left winger at the same time.
>>
>>142985809
/thread.
>>
>>142985843
>who play like him but obviously nowhere as good as him
Valverde is him but beefier, faster and with a higher IQ
>>
>>142985843
so defensive midfielders dont actually defend?
>>
Rodri is a moroccan rape baby btw
>>
>>142985853
In a high press system ball winning is usually done further up the pitch in the opponent half. The DM in that system defend the space in the midfield so the opponent can't just hoof it into the poacher. What you think as a DM is the old school classic one like Makalele and Vieira.
>>
>>142985853
depends. "Defensive midfielder" can mean several different things depending on the context.
Let's say you're playing a 433. And in the midfield 3, you have two ball winners in central midfield - and behind them you have a playmaker, who is in the team due to his exceptional passing range and ability to control tempo. Even though he is in the DM position, the two players in the CM positions perform more defensive duties. The deepest lying midfielder of the 3 is actually the most "attacking", despite playing in the "defensive midfielder" slot.
That's just one example, but it serves as a good example of why people argue when they talk about football. Because there are so many variables and variations at play all the time, even when it comes to something as simple as "where does this guy play on the pitch".
>tldr
>positions are different to roles
although usually the DM is the most defensive midfielder, to be clear. But there are so many instances where the position of DM is filled by a player whose role isn't to act as a DM, that you can't apply it as a blanket rule
>>
>>142985853
I always thought he was a dm.
>>
File: getalifeloserss.jpg (1018 KB, 2895x3073)
1018 KB
1018 KB JPG
>>142985929
press that indog
>>
For me, it's Gilberto Silva
>>
>>142985929
>Vieira
>old school DM like Makelele

Found the FIFA player. Vieira was a box to box midfielder, not a pure DM.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.