[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Canada’s Tokyo Olympics football gold medal stripped amid drone spying scandal

The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) have removed football manager Bev Priestman following an alleged drone spying.

>Canada's gold medal victory at the Tokyo Olympics has exposed as fraudulent by new information brought to light around the spy drone scandal which has seen head coach Bev Priestman suspended from the Paris Games, according to the country's Olympic Committee chief.

Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) CEO David Shoemaker said he has been made aware of information which he says "could tarnish that Olympic performance in Tokyo."

>"It makes me ill, it makes me sick to my stomach." he added.

Three years ago at the rearranged 2020 Olympics, Canada beat Sweden on penalties to claim their first major title. The COC believed to be two separate incidents of a drone being used to record Football Ferns training session

>However things escalated on Friday when Canada Soccer announced Priestman, who was previously England's assistant coach under manager Phil Neville, had been sent home from Paris after "additional information" came to their attention regarding previous drone use that took place before the 2024 Olympics.

The COC also now believes Priestman was "highly likely" to have been aware of two alleged incidents involving drones being used to spy on New Zealand.

>Addressing a press conference at Canada Olympic House, Shoemaker added: "One of the key pieces of information was the conclusion from Canada Soccer that she needed to be suspended based on their accumulation of facts.
>>
File: herdman.jpg (41 KB, 824x464)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
It's funny how All those drone stuff can be linked to John Herdman. He was in charge of both the men's team and women's team. The only ever accustions of drones done by the men's team came when he was in charge. Bev Presitman was the assistant coach for Herdman when he was the women's coach, he also advocated for her to get hired and they are both from the exact same town in England aand grew up knowing each other. ( Consett)
>>
>>142990108
Another gold for us? We'll take it I guess.

I didn't even feel bad losing this one though, the penalties were so embarrassing from both sides that I just checked out
>>
>>142990108
I'm thinking based. Hopefully it kills the women's side of the association.
>>
kek unless the drone took a penalty this is bollocks
>>
>>142990330
BASED
>>
patriot bros..
>>
>>142990108
Lmao
>>
Why are Canadians such cheaters
>>
Didn't they use that win to get a pay increase?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.