[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cubyals thread.png (2.2 MB, 1920x911)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB PNG
First Pitch @ 7:10pm CST
GET IN HERE
>>
File: NYNcubs.gif (255 KB, 125x125)
255 KB
255 KB GIF
ITFCB
>>
File: siko.jpg (85 KB, 894x497)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
ITFCB
>>
>>143023019
this is straight terror
>>
when the heck is Ben Brown coming back
>>
FUCK this offense
>>
File: 1719005664178691.jpg (49 KB, 640x640)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
go cubs
go royals

but more for the cubs
>>
I love sutcliffe so much
>>
cubyals
>>
>>143023357
he's such a homer its funny to listen to lol
>>
wtf hendricks did nothing wrong
leaned into it
>>
Well spotted by the ump, surprisingly
>>
ATTABOY NICO!
>>
attaboy nico
>>
>>143023377
same, he’s the biggest cubs homer in media (at least off the top of my head)
I absolutely love him, every cubs player is a hall of famer in his eyes. He used to be on the radio a lot more frequently and he’s a massive Hendricks fan, I hope Kyle has a good game tonight
>>
I’m interested to see if the cubs trade anyone beyond Leiter/Nerris/Smyly.
Tauchman feels likely, Belli and James less so
>>
redpill me on tauchman
>>
>>143023563
Very good eye at the plate, hard to strike out. Reliable batter for walks if not base hits.
Then he got injured, and hasn't bounced back quite yet.
>>
>>143023523
I would assume taillon, tauchman also came to mind.
>>
>>143023563
good lefty on base guy that can play the corner outfield position or CF in a pinch
>>
>>143023563
good playa!
>>
jesus fagsby, i get that pitches can be deceiving but holy shit you swung at that
>>
>>143023601
I think Taillon became a lot less likely after today. I guess I could see him going to the Yankees along with Tauchman but I don’t really see him going to the Astros.
I’d be totally OK with keeping him honestly, I was just hoping the cubs could be able to get someone to overpay because in all likelihood this is probably his peak value
>>
attaboy PCA!
he really makes hard plays look routine
>>
>>143023676
Paxton is not anywhere near enough for that rotation, but the red sox have also been horrendous at addressing actual issues for the last few years so who knows. I do think they still go after him
>>
the fuck was that mastro
>>
kek sutcliffe
>>
Everything is a hit nowadays
>>
>>143023801
I thought I was imagining things but it really does seem like they loosened what it means to be a "hit" because of the exit velo meme.
>>
Cubs need a philosophical change
>>
>>143023962
better do something, craig
>>
>>143024015
I meant Jed/Carter to be honest
obviously they didn’t think Morel would be this poor but I feel like they don’t emphasis power enough
>>
craig is a robot. maddon and ross both were emotionally charged unlike craig
>>
>>143024125
I think Craig has been underwhelming but do you think this team would be any better with Ross or Maddon? And if so what way? Idk if I’m coping cuz Craig is gonna be manager for the next 4 years but I’m not sure what he could have done differently
>>
>>143024153
not arguing their manager skills I am literally just stating the craig is a robot. very monotone voice and very slow body movements
>>
>>143024095
I don't really view it as a problem with management in any way. The real problem is they're just holistically bad. It's hard to really blame anyone, but aside from the pen (which was decimated by injuries) there aren't really many bad players on the team. A lot of these players would start on a good amount of teams aside from 3B and Catcher (which are young guys that are getting a chance right now)
Because of that you can't really use your farm system which is top tier. Their hands are tied in mediocrity and they didn't want to trade the farm for incremental improvements that may not even make an impact so they're just opting to either let it die and go young or hope that it comes together.
>>
get a frickin hit!
>>
>>143024230
And I do think Jed and Carter deserve a decent amount of blame for them but when I look at the team I know it shouldn't be this bad. Maybe I'm actually coping because I believed for the first time in years.
>>
perfecto over
>>
what the FUFCK!!
>>
>cubes
>>
>>143024413
shut the FUCK up
>>
>>143024413
cocksucking faggot hiding behind anonymity. tough guy! oh veyr tough. fuck yourself
>>
>>143024413
people have feelings ya know ;-(
>>
>>143024413
this asshole born with a golden spoon,oooOOOHHH im gonna post >cubes because i never got told no in lief
go fuck yourself buddy, you aren't shit
>>
>>143024230
Ultimately PoB and GMs are judged off results. Don’t think Jed gets fired but the responsibility to improve the team next year and make the playoffs is on him
>>
Attaboy fagsby
>>
fagsby double! way to break the no no
>>
>>143024490
>Ultimately PoB and GMs are judged off results
Yes, but I know what I saw this year. I think his fate lies with the farm or what he does with it. If they pan out then they can stay otherwise it's over. There's really no other positive to this team besides the farm.
>1 out
they aren't going to score are they...
>>
>>143024593
>There's really no other positive to this team besides the farm.
Actually pitching too.
>>
pathetic fucking team , who the fuck assembled this team how are they this bad
>>
terrible send i knew he was out the moment tauchman was running, that was like 30 feet from the edge of the infield.
>>
god awful send, one of the worst I have seen this year. ****!
>>
why the fuck didn't he run on the first one?
>>
3b coach is a white sock btw
>>
im still baffled at that send.
>>
I feel like the cubs prospects aren’t even knocking on the door. Horton has been shut down since May, Alcantara Triantos and Shaw are still in AA, and Moises is 20 in AAA and needs a lot of work defensively
>>
>>143024737
they should have sent him on the grounder to the right side of the infield
>>
what the fuck was that shit
>>
Seiya is a DH, what a dogshit player defensively
>>
if he was one step in closer to the infield...
>>
lol
>>
>>143024918
or if he knew how to field his position at a big league level , that would help too
>>
fuck this crap
>>
I hope they can get Seiya to waive his NTC. Gotta move one of him or Morel, they’re both DHs
>>
this is what happens when you choke with risp
>>
gg. goodbye jed
>>
grim
>>
Typical 2024 hendricks start. defense chokes, soft hits and then eventually the big hit comes through
>>
>did you see what GAWD just did to the Cubs, man?
>>
File: IMG_2989.jpg (472 KB, 1200x795)
472 KB
472 KB JPG
Time for trades. But trade what? We don’t even play the hitters on our roster.
>>
>>143025199
The cubs have plenty of trade bait that can provide value this year since they were trying to be competitive. It isn't like 2011-13 or 21-22 even
>>
Suzuki and bad third base coach is the reason the score is 6-0 what a bad job by them. Go Royals still
>>
>>143025262
cubs
>>
>>143025262
cubs
>>
I moved furniture into Jorge Lopez's apartment when he was in KC just before the season. Nice guy, helped me move some of the stuff.
>>
Nice play mastro, you’re definitely a big leaguer!
>>
>>143025424
the sarcasm is just oozing from this post...
>>
>>143025424
sarcasm moment!!!!
>>
CUBBACK ON YO AZZ
>>
THE CUBBACK IS ON YO AZZZ IT'S CUBBIN'!
>>
CUBBACK IMMINENT!!!!!!!

I REPEAT
CUB
BACK IMMENNTNE!!!!
>>
when does Shaw get called up? Middle of 2025?
>>
cubback starting rite nao
>>
WE CUBBIN!
>>
/cubs/
>>
here we go cub back here we go...\

SWING THE FUCKING BAT!!!!!!
>>
come on tauch ya gotta swing there
>>
DANSBY TIME LETS FUH REAKIN GOOOOOOOO
>>
DIE FAGSBY DIE
>>
FAGGOTSBY WAS JOGGING FUCK YOU
>>
>>143025576
dammit I saw this post before the gidp and I thought the hit a bases clearing double :-(
>>
This is the kind of shit that makes me think craig doesn't have control of the dugout. That fucking faggot was just jogging and they were playing LAZY defensively earlier in the year with miscues that shouldn't happen. See the cubs @ brewers series when justin told them to stop being lazy faggots
>>
No leadership, ZERO leadership. FUCKING cocksucking faggots. It's only june cocksucka. Well it's july now ******!! Lead by example you piece of ****!!
what the FUCK is wrong with you youg et paid 170trillion you can sprint to first you mother****er
you should be hit in the head!!!!
>>
******!!!
***** I **** stand **** ***!!!
RUN, ******!!!!
*** ****!!!!
>>
you can control effort you stupid cowardly fuck. FUCK you
you ****ing faggot
piece of *****!!!!!!!
***sby!!!!!
>>
What's going on in here
>>
******!!!
>>
>>143025717
adssjfdfjiasdpfnasdpvisadnvdspifuvnpdsvpaspidngpasdaspdoga sdgpoasd
ah shit here it comes agai-
hasenfioaosidnfasindfipunsdaipdufnaspudnfaposdnfasdpfnawopnfasdfasdfansdf
>>
>>143025717
be a good boy and go back to the genny, retard! You wouldn't understand either way!
>>
ZERO EFFORT TRASH!!! MOTHER TRUCK!!!!!! WHAT THE TRUCK IS THIS!!!!!
HOW MANY YEARS OF THIS COCKSUCKER DO WE HAVE???? HOW MANY TR***ING YEARS
WINNING PLAYER MY AZZ
AH!!!
>>
>>143025736
please have some mercy,,,my head hurts...
>>
Can’t believe we’re stuck with Fagby for FIVE MORE BLEEPIN YEARS
>>
p wizzy warning track flyout incoming
>>
>>143025789
Uninspired TRASH! the defense, the positional players are low effort SCUM!
>>143025802
shut the FUCK up!!
>>
jogging piece of crap! you should be blowing out a knee cap everytime you run!!!
>>
Dumbass didn't even slide at home either when he got thrown out, don't forget about that.
>>
>>143025879
Yep. Infected, I even noticed it with nico defensively a little bit a few weeks ago and he's the last player I would have expected to play like a ******.
>>
can't even get a run
>>
>>143025262
6 runs in 9 games. That’s how you dead last.
>>
TRADE THEM ALL
>>
oh god I cant wait to watch p wizzy at 3rd
>>
>>143026010
Honestly better him than christopher FAGGOT. Morel repeatedly showed that he didn't deserve it with lazy play. He's defeated in the face. Never smiles anymore. He's mentally RAPED
>>
Fuck you and your stupid face fagsby. Fucking pussy
>>
nice play fagsby, attaboy!
fucking retard
>>
Busch is the only position player I wouldn't be OK with trading. This team is not good, I'm worried about 2025. I think 2023 was the outlier
>>
>>143026010
>>
>>143026118
The pitching is just so good, it's the only thing giving me hope right now... They gotta get a couple near ready young guys this deadline
>>
>>143026123
yeah!! lol he totally could have made that throw, fuckin dumbass. lol. stupid faggot dumbass.
>>
>>143026142
mostly referring to him hobbling like he's never played 3B before but yeah calm down
>>
>>143026157
fuck you
>>
>>143026132
Before the season started it felt like the cubs needed one of Morel or Seiya to take a step forward. Morel is worse and Seiya is about the same. Idk what to expect for next year , I feel like they have to make some drastic moves. I just don’t know what they’re gonna do
>>
my bad I was out of line... f*$*#**$!*!
desu that's on me.
>>
>>143026195
They should have plenty to trade though and should be able to get at least one near major league ready guy with taillon. I don't think the red sox did enough with just paxton, could be a leverage thing so that the cubs don't have all the bargaining power.
>>
seiya double
>>
lets get a run
>>
kek wheeze. gg royals...
>>
fuck this park is so deep
gg royals
>>
gg royliebears
>>
At least they aren't tricking me into them being competitive anymore, it hurts less when they just get btfo.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.