[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: feldt.jpg (2.21 MB, 1400x1400)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
Feldt edition

>NRL
North Queensland Cowboys v Melbourne Storm
7:50pm AEST on Nine, Fox and Kayo
Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
1.25-4.00
>The Cowboys are chasing a home Finals game, while Storm have sealed the Minor Premiership. Valentine Holmes is set to play his 200th NRL game.
>>
>>
good morning /nrl/ family
>>
File: 1724882660505.png (158 KB, 324x438)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>
File: 1707432314951966.gif (98 KB, 128x128)
98 KB
98 KB GIF
hello famly whats everyone upto today?
>>
Where’s the list of tippers and their respective scores for the year?
>>
Storm are resting players against the Cowboys so they don't have to rest them against the Broncos. Tell me again how the Broncos are the main character of the NRL
>>
Feels weird like early preseason not late race to the finals
>>
Rugby league will avoid the most explosive legal battle since the Super League war with the Queensland Rugby League set to shake hands with the NRL on a $100 million bonanza - the biggest funding deal in their history.

This masthead can reveal the QRL will use part of the mega deal to ramp-up a bold plan to deliver a fifth NRL franchise in Brisbane’s western corridor as part of the code’s march towards 20 teams.

The QRL and NSWRL have been at loggerheads with the NRL for a year.

QRL boss Ben Ikin had slammed League Central over alleged “pork barrelling” and the state bodies were set for a legal showdown with the NRL in the NSW Supreme Court on Friday, September 13 - the start of the NRL finals series. That legal listing is still live, but the war could be over within days.

The state bodies have reached an agreement in principle, with the QRL poised to ink a bumper four-year deal that will inject mega millions into grassroots, development - and an expansion masterplan to bring another NRL team to Queensland.

The funding bonanza will run until the end of 2027 ahead of talks for the code’s next TV rights deal from 2028.

The Western Bears and Papua New Guinea are slated to enter the NRL as the 18th and 19th teams in 2027-28, but the QRL’s $100m war chest could see the Sunshine State blow Christchurch bids out of the water for a 20th licence.

Rugby league’s bitter civil war during the Super League ructions of 1995 almost killed the code, but QRL chairman Bruce Hatcher is determined to avoid an expensive and painful legal brouhaha.

“We’ve got an agreement in principle with the NRL so hopefully we’re close to signing a deal,” Hatcher said. “A lot of deals can fall over at the last minute, but once it’s signed, we’ve got a legally-binding contract in place and there shouldn’t be any need to have any differences of opinion anymore.
>>
That extends to the western-corridor of Brisbane’s bid to become Queensland’s fifth NRL team alongside the Broncos, Cowboys, Titans and the Dolphins.

The NRL is exploring the prospect of adding a second New Zealand team as the 20th club, but Hatcher and QRL boss Ben Ikin are adamant Brisbane’s western corridor cannot be ignored.

The AFL has identified the western corridor, encompassing Ipswich and Toowoomba, as Queensland’s next growth corridor and believes it can dethrone the NRL by winning the hearts and minds of that region.

Ikin and Hatcher are acutely aware of the AFL threat. The new funding deal will allow the QRL to allocate funds to the region, with Dolphins super coach Wayne Bennett adamant Brisbane’s western corridor is ready for an NRL team.

“That region would be an ideal area for expansion,” Bennett said.

“It’s such a rich nursery and the game is looking to build better and stronger pathways and that western corridor of Brisbane into Toowoomba is huge. “We can’t underestimate the threat of the AFL.

“There’s enough kids out there to play both sports but it’s always been a strong rugby league area and the AFL have been very aggressive in targeting that area.

“They are putting a lot of funding into that region. “We can’t ignore the western corridor.”

The new deal will tip at least $25 million annually into the QRL’s coffers, funds Hatcher says can help rugby league combat the AFL’s incursion as he called for the NRL to add a new franchise in the west.

“To create new franchises we have to get the pathways right. Funding is vital,” Hatcher said.

“I think the western corridor is a better option than a second team in New Zealand.

“The area has a great history. We took a big punt by bringing the Toowoomba Clydesdales into our (Queensland Cup) competition and it’s great to see the region being recognised by the ARL Commission as a massive growth area.”

TLDR QLD is probably getting another peem
>>
File: 1724888024354.jpg (450 KB, 625x964)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
But their main city team can't even make the finals KEK
>>
>>144060405
>TLDR QLD is probably getting another peem
hmmm. don't think we have the talent pool desu
>>
Maybe the NRLW but QLD men are a flop
>>
*fires up the Australian rugby league club pyramid pro/rel masterplan*
>>
completely fucked up cooked my steaks for lunch lads
>>
Grandads going on a games gone soft rant
>>
>enters /nrl/ tipping comp once
>wins
Retired a champion.
>>
>>144058074
tonight we are all cowwies
>>
>>144060498
Phins are only one win outside the top 8 m8
>>
so is the idea to have an EPL like system where only 4 or 5 clubs ever win the prem and the rest struggle to stay off the bottom?
this constant expansion strategy is flawed and will become cancerous - killing all interest in the game long term
>>
Western corridor is a completely artificial concept. NRL has just drawn a line around Logan, Ipswich and Inala cause it is full of islanders and white trash, but otherwise there is no conection otherwise. Logan is way more connected to South Brisbane than Ipswich and Inala.
Talent pathways wise all of the Queensland teams, Storm and Roosters are already active in the area. Audience wise this fake team will never be as popular as the Broncos anyway.
Northside of the River/ Southskde of the River is the way to split Brisbane using natural existing identities.
>>
100% true and they don't care all they see is $ signs
>>
File: Val Baggy.jpg (59 KB, 768x1024)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Congrats Val, enjoy your celebrations m8
>>
>>144061064
As long as one of these clubs is the BroncGODs yes.
>>
>>144061118
this you mate?
>>
they can build the new stadium here
>>
>>144061104
>white trash
americanised faggot not reading the rest
>>
tf is up with rugby players? what's with all the gay shit and homoeroticism compared to afl?
>>
Intergalactic Fishing is a pretty addictive game. Will marathon it until my Cowwies come on
>>
First of all the EPL has been going for 32 seasons and has had 7 different champions.
The NRL has 26 seasons and 12 champions.
The NRL also uses a finals system where half the comp qualify and with a gf to decide the champion and doesn't have a balanced draw, whereas the epl is first past the post in a double round robin.
The nrl has enforced parity, the epl does not.
In conclusion it's not a fair comparison.
There's also a simple fact that the epl when all things are considered is a better and more popular sports league than the nrl
>>
>>144061131
I don't drink premixes - they're for fags and women
>>
Execute all Irishmen
>>
I am sorry for saying white trash instead of Bogan . Please still read my post.
>>144061104
>>
>>144061104
Yeah doesnt matter, you're only getting the bottom of the barrel faggots. Rugsissies who can't compete if the AFL just settle for joining the NRL and getting jerked off by kiwis and islanders
>>
>>144061234
the biggest issue here is that the nrl does not have a big enough talent pool to sustain 20 teams, because of the competition here with 4 football codes, and our shitty immigration policy focusing on asians too much the last 4 decades rather than countries that breed good football players.
And now after the last 2 or 3 olympics the AIS have identified a huge weakness in quality male athletes because too many are playing footy rather than training for other sports (that pay shit all money), so intend to implement strategies to fix this
>>
>>144061409
You're a racist and an idiot. The players are already there in the system at NSWCup and QCup and in NZ and PNG and the islands and playing union and 7s and the immigration laws into Australia have generous provision for work placement migration. Shut up and listen more
>>
There's currently an entire squad of pro level Argentine union players too but besides all that stuff the actual plan is for 12 or 14 teams in the top division so there's actually a concentration of the best quality players in the best comp
>>
>>144061461
>listen more
have you got a podcast?
>>
Division 1 is the top 12/14 teams currently in the NRL and they will play each other twice throughout the year and there'll be a proper top 5 finals where the minor premier gets an actual advantage.
It's better than the current comp, just imagine take out the 3 or 5 shittest teams now and everyone else plays each other more often
>>
Division 2 is all the expansion teams; Perth, PNG, Christchurch, etc. And the whichever teams in the NSWQCup have enough money so the likes of; Brisbane Easts, North Sydney, Newtown, Ipswich.
And the bottom teams out of the NRL
>>
After it's set up div1 wooden spoon gets relegated and the div2 gf winner gets promoted.
Below div2 we have div3 split into conferences essentially whatever is left from the NSWQcup and whatever other small expansion teams like New Caledonia, Fiji, Gippsland etc. The respective gf winners from div3 can have a playoff to get into div2
>>
Irish you're an absolute fucking retard. Stop shitting up the threads.
>>
>>144061357
bogan's another gay word
>>
Immigration has damaged the talent available in inner cities as white people have been replaced by Asians. Overall though immigration has increased the number of footy players due to Pacific islander immigration into the outter suburbs
>>
>>144061535
>>144061585
>>144061629
All true honestly, dont forget about division 3 and Adelaide though
>>
I am sorry for saying Bogan instead of Bevan or Yobbo. Please still read my posts.
>>
South Sydney Rabbitohs player Latrell Mitchell has been issued with final breach notices from both the NRL and the Club, and he has accepted the sanctions which were finalised today, following investigations into a photo circulating on social media in August.

The NRL’s sanctions for bringing the game into disrepute included:

a one match ban;
a $20,000 fine;
a requirement to undertake appropriate remediation and attend such education and training as advised by the NRL Wellbeing and Education Department.
In addition, the Club’s sanctions included:

a $100,000 fine, $20,000 of which is payable immediately with $80,000 suspended pending any further breach of his playing contract or wellbeing program;
full commitment to a wellbeing program.
Mitchell has accepted responsibility for the actions that resulted in the NRL and the Rabbitohs serving him with breach notices under the NRL’s and the Club’s Codes of Conduct and the NRL Playing Contract.

Rabbitohs CEO, Blake Solly, said Mitchell has accepted the penalties and has committed to improve.

"This has been a very challenging time for everyone at South Sydney, including staff and management, coaches, players, Members, supporters, and Latrell himself," Mr. Solly said.

"Most importantly, it has been very difficult for his family. This is not lost on Latrell. He has shown great remorse and given us a solid commitment to improve himself, make better decisions, and to work towards becoming the best dad he can be to his children, the best partner he can be to Brielle, and the player he can be for the Rabbitohs."

"He has taken full responsibility for his decisions and his actions."

"I, along with the Board and management, are confident that this will be a turning point for Latrell and that he will make better decisions in the future. We are committed to helping him do that."
>>
Yeah Adelaide and Geelong should get teams in div3 and if they're good they'll get promoted. They will have better more realistic opportunities to develop their own juniors this way rather than just getting a free pass into the big league and having to raid juniors from everywhere else
>>
I like your your consistency on this point Irish, but your euro envy ain't it.
>>
>>144061731
Trell and Turbo will both retire with their full contribution to the NRL being the 2021 season.
For Nicho 2022, for Walsh and Mam 2023
>>
If the only reason not to do it is because it's a European concept then we shouldn't even be playing rugby league.
What we don't need to copy is a closed league with fucking franchises instead of club who do absolutely nothing for grassroots and are only relevant because they have a monopoly
>>
>$120k all up

Only $5k off Mitchell Pearce who as far as I know got the record $125k for that Dog video
>>
>>144061842
The Euro competition structure exists cause of population density.
>>
Just add as many teams as you like to NRL first grade, all it means is they play each other less often each season, which is only a problem once you get to 50+ teams when there's not enough rounds to play each other at least once.
>>
imo when we get to twenty teams the comp should be split between a top ten and a bottom ten comp, with the top of the bottom ten promoted into the top ten and the bottom of the top ten relegated to the bottom ten each year.
>>
Queenslanders are a weird bunch, most have a massive chip on their shoulder about Welshman and we live in their heads rent free, when I was at The Treasury during magic round some numptie had QUEENSLANDER tatted on his arm

kek

KEK
>>
File: 1705918610100262s.jpg (2 KB, 97x124)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>Being from Queensland forms a strong part of your identity
>Obviously this is all about another state
>>
the bulk of the fine is suspended though, only payable if he fucks up again. which in trell's case is certainly very likely. with holmes , munster etc they will probably never have to cough it up
>>
>>144062013
You will quickly get to a stage where the gap between the 2 comps is too wide. When I was a kid at the end of 9 news on a Saturday night they put up Sydney club rugby scores. Drummoyne would get beaten by 40-60 points e dry week. But at the end of the year when they played the top 2nd tier side, the lapped them
>>
>>144062043
All Western state folks are faggots anyway, if you're not from NT, or WA or SA you're a faggot
>>
>>144061640
every thread needs a sperg protagonist
>>
>>144061731
Blake be like "me so Solly"
>>
>>144062184
mb I mean eastern state folks
>>
>>144062184
>All western state residents are faggots
True
>If you are from NT or WA or SsA you are a faggot.
Not true as it contradicts the first true statement
>>
Really the best place to live is south coast NSW, truly gods country

I'll be at Diceys tonight to see a band and get maggoted
>>
>>144062230
Ok faggot, hope you enjoy living with 17 Sudanese refugees
>>
>>144062190
M8 we have at least 3. Maybe 5
>>
>>144062230
Anything west of Broken Hill is a western state
>>
File: Battle of the Inner West.jpg (1.12 MB, 2095x1321)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
Business idea, demerge Balmain and have them play out of Leichardt Oval, reintroduce the Glebe Dirty Reds playing out of Wentworth Park, introduce a Drummoyne team playing out of Drummoyne Oval. Government spends a $3billion to build 30,000 seat modern boutique stadiums at each venue. Battle of the inner-west.

>b-but there's not enough people to support three teams!
That's the genius of it, we demolish all the homes in the area and build high rise apartments housing a million people right next to the city.
>>
>>144062043
Queenslanders think being from Queensland is a personality trait
>>
>>144062184
>lives in western australia
>cant even work out which side of the country is west
fkn hell mate get it together
>>
>>144061731
why is no one talking about him being in a hotel room with 2 women when he's married with kids
>>
>>144062741
Don't think I've ever seen his missus tbqh
>>
Never has he LOL
>>
>>144062741
exactly. was the first post i made m8.
>>
>>144062491
It is, a very attractive one
>>
>>144062741
Is that a "you" problem?
>>
>>144063206
Don't want to say mean things I just hope she's a good mum
>>
File: 1724903244478.jpg (2.74 MB, 3403x4598)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB JPG
>>
>>144062184
There's only one state - NSW, the rest are illegitimate seditionists.
>>
File: cunt.png (1.47 MB, 1624x1420)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>>
Where is the capital of Australia located?

In NSW

Case closed
>>
get a grip roaches
>>
>>144063951
that's not a real measure
>>
File: nsw.png (1.84 MB, 951x1269)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
>>144063951
>>
>>144063930
he's right but I still prefer league
>>
>>144063951
> it's liveable because it's cheap (shit)
epic
>>
>>144063951
Brisbane literally gets marked down compared to Melbourne for weather in this measure. Literally run by poms.
>>
>>144064009
Eh Melbourne definitely has the nicest weather in the daylight savings months
>>
sydney is the best weather you spastics
all year round its the best in the country
>>
>>144064097
duh, that's why its location was specifically selected as the first city.
>>
bit of talk about QUEEEEEEEEEEENNSSSSLLAAAANNNDDDD ITT lads
>>
spring in sydney it absolute kino
>>
File: 15536ce.jpg (451 KB, 1600x1200)
451 KB
451 KB JPG
>>144064120
>>
Hogs Breath Cafe locations

QLD - 14
NSW - 5
VIC - 2

I see a clear winner here
>>
+1 point for victoria
>>
hogs breath pretty based
>>
File: 1664173835891509.webm (2.78 MB, 720x404)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
>only state with consistent net positive internal migration
>The State people CHOOSE to live in when they have agency
>>
>>144064261
50% of immigrants land in Sydney. Some chink moving from China to Sydney to Brisbane counts as internal migration
>>
Judging from my time in Sydney, the Chinks seem to be the ones staying put.
>>
NSW premiers from Bob Carr onward, whether labor or liberal, have been the only prominent politicians in this country calling to cut immigration, but the hillbillies in brisbane and melbourne are obsessed with immigration because they think having a bigger indian population than Sydney will make them relevant, so here we are.
>>
>>
Queensland is more than anything the white man's choice
>>
>>144063951
Adelaide is the most beautiful city on earth, cope melbourne fag.
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/gallery/the-most-beautiful-cities-in-the-world
>>
File: adelaide.jpg (214 KB, 977x1024)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>144064397
>>
My Wife Quincy Dodd
>>
bincy plodd
>>
Rising Rabbitohs star Tyrone Munro has made the courageous decision to play against Penrith this weekend following the shock loss of his mother
>>
>>144064390
there are 100,000 illegal visa overstayers from the uk in the Sydney eastern suburbs they're way more prominent than chinese
>>
Tyrone Mumno

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.