[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pepe2.jpg (12 KB, 380x243)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>be me, a very fat fellow
>start running, train hard
>6 months later finally ready for my first 5k marathon
>be in the last 10% the whole race, just drafting behind some old ladies
>old ladies start running fast so I get humiliated
>wait for last 100m and start running faster than Bolt
>a kid in front of me sees me coming so he thinks I want to beat him
>desperately accelerates too and he crosses the finish by a nose
>I dont care but he gives me dirty looks
>decide never to race in professional competitions ever again
>>
You worked hard and improved yourself, so you shouldn't feel ashamed. If anything you should feel proud for improving yourself. If you really feel that upset, then work hard so you can start doing better in future races
>>
>>144204468
I still run but not in real races, it gave me way too much anxiety. A friend of a friend passed me twice and slapped my ass as a joke
>>
>>144204370
>racing against grannys and kids
>professional

just go out and do your best lad and don't worry about the other gypsys
>>
>>144204504
Well, I only run at night so that race felt like the Olympic Games for me
>>
File: 1668260522715772.jpg (1.1 MB, 4541x2397)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
Keep going mate. We all start somewhere. Getting up and trying takes real bollocks, so keep it up son.
>>
>>144204500
Then start running for fun. You shouldn't feel obligated to compete
>>
>>144204567
That's my thought too, I don't need the stress and media pressure, I was in like 5 pictures in the album they pisted on the race website
>>
>>144204370
You ran your first 5K race and not only finished but had enough in the tank for a kick at the end? WTF are you complaining about?!? You ought to be ecstatic
>>
>>144204370
>I dont care but he gives me dirty looks
Keep training anon. You can beat him next time and make him really seethe.
>>
>>144204591
>I don't need the stress and media pressure, I was in like 5 pictures in the album they pisted on the race website
Relax bro, those pictures are just for people who ran in the race to show to their friends, remember the race, or print off and display in their house. Nobody is going through them to laugh at you.
>>
File: dogbruh.jpg (25 KB, 474x592)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>my first 5k marathon
>>
>playing soccer in gym
>ball is up in the air
>think i'm gonna be awesome and air kick it into the goal
>try
>miss ball
>kick goalie in the face
>try to ask "Are you okay?" and "I'm fucking sorry" at the same time
>instead end up screaming "ARE YOU FUCKING SORRY!?"
>goalie is choking back tears
>>
>>144204370
That is your problem my friend, the marathons are you against you, so what if a kid or an old ladies can beat you? You are not competing against them, you are competing against yourself
>>
>>144204534
I'm in this situation, if I manage to become like the right how bad does the leftover skin look?
>>
>>144204370
DFL>DNF
>>
>>144204370
>enter volleyball team in middle school because my crush was into volleyball
>things don't work out with crush but end up continuing in the sport because it's fun
>generally one of the worse players (can't spike at all because 2short and can't jump that much) but I make some good saves every now and then and I enjoy playing libero
>continue VB in HS
>senior year
>coach politely asks me to resign because I suck at the sport even after all these years and the juniors are way more talented and I'd be dragging the team down
Killed my interest in the sport forever.
>>
File: fliperama.jpg (100 KB, 554x554)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>be me at school
>PE classes, forced to play football with normies
>every time I played I was kinda good, but super aggressive and someone got hurt
>start escaping PE classes to play king of fighters 97 and cadillac and dinosaurs in a dirty bar like in picrel
>teacher didn't care because at least I was not giving him trouble anymore
>>
>>144210468
>KOF97
bro... the memories
>>
>>144210468
>>144211020
and this is why Brazil isn't winning anymore

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.