[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: rppney.webm (3.26 MB, 960x444)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB WEBM
Ireland A beat Ireland B in the international break league
>>
File: GW4o03lWwAAiPS1.jpg (494 KB, 2048x1367)
494 KB
494 KB JPG
>>
>>144269500
damn he's so fat lmao
he was a professional athlete like 2 years ago
>>
didnt watch the game, did kane play like hes got a pair of balls or did he just sit deep and get in the midfields way?
>>
>>144269921
take a guess
>>
>>144269921
he played like current pooney
>>
File: GW5UEuqW8AAYGGP.jpg (499 KB, 1696x2048)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
>>
File: 1725728789604795.png (13 KB, 870x483)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>
>Ireland A beat Ireland B
Ireland fucking won, Bow down, Anglos
>>
based Zirkzee scored a cheeky header
need them to get working next week
>>
File: file.png (43 KB, 972x220)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>
>>144270282
And there's "people" who rate Hojlund over him. Disgusting.
>>
hmm...
>>
>>144270413
eh
as Deng Xiaoping said
white cat black cat
as long as they can score lots of goals
no need for comparison
all for the team yanno what im sayin
>>
>>144270446
>bring Danny Welbeck as England striker
kek
sometimes indians or whatever those people are become so cringe that it wraps back around to based
>>
>>144270446
proper british names
>>
File: Rooney CHAD.jpg (409 KB, 1920x1080)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWDwYSkQj5g
>>
>>144270732
corr what a long ball
>>
still a bit worried about the state of england. not sure why grealish of all people had to do a last minute block inside the england penalty box. lots of pingers miles up the pitch.
>>
>>144271003
I'm not too fussed as this was a thrown-together side and isn't the side that [manager] will be playing in a tournament. That said why shouldn't it be, if players are going to drop out then don't take them.
>>
File: the lads.png (445 KB, 621x710)
445 KB
445 KB PNG
>Mainoo being dick sucked again
>everybody just calling his yellow card 'soft'
Yeah, giving the ball away on the edge of the box and rush lunging to try to recover and taking out the opposition player is 'soft'. Why can't people be objective and see that Mainoo has played shit and has been a liability this season for both United and England? He's a kid and got time but you see people like 'StatsmanDave' (weird coinkydink innit) sucking him off.

Kane did nothing again. Please either drop him or put him in midfield. You don't have Foden or Bellingham atm and you play Finland next what the fuck do you have to lose playing this formation?
>b-b-but you NEED Mainoo!
No, you don't. Give Wharton a chance. Can put Grealish or Eze instead of Gordon and Madueke instead of Saka. But this is the team that I think should face Finland.
>>
>>144271237
Kane will never be dropped
>>
>>144271278
This. Only way he gets dropped is if he loses the captaincy.
>>
Today was definitely Kane's worst ever performance as an England player. Yes I know about the other ones, this one was worse, no reason to not be on the scoresheet.
>>
>>144271237
Madueke or Bowen I mean.

>>144271278
Right if he can't be dropped play hgim as a No.10/Shadow Striker role where he doesn't need to actually move so much and has somebody ahead of him to pass to. I just don't get it. He is a good passer, he got two goals and two assists for Bayern this season and got 12 last season. He can pass. This not only makes him not have to work so hard (because he doesn't and doesn't have the pace) but it also MAKES THE OPPOSITION CONFUSED. EVERYBODY KNOWS HOW ENGLAND WILL LINE UP AND PLAY. THEY KNOW HOW TO DEFEND AGAINST KANE. But you suddenly make it so they're facing Watkins but Kane is there who can either run onto the ball from Watkins or move into space which will free up other players... Might be difficult to 'prepare' for.
>>
I just get so fucking miserable. You could fucking TRY something in these games and instead you do the same formation with the same players and then swap out a few. It's like FM where you find a formation where you win and all you do is replace players as they leave. Except in this case, you don't even win the games regularly or consistently and they're painful and boring to watch. The first half was exactly what we wanted and then second half happened and it was exactly the same shit under Southgate. Players not caring, not trying.

Is this a case of
>We're going to try because we'll be blasted at HT so lets give it a proper go until HT and then go to sleep for the 2nd half because I don't care if I come off, I need to be fit for the PL

Just try something different. Please.
>>
>>144271590
Seemed to me like Carsley knew the match was won at 2-0 for whatever reason.
>>
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/article/2024/sep/07/helen-chamberlain-and-tim-lovejoy-look-back

>Tim Lovejoy and Helen Chamberlain look back at Soccer AM: ‘We fought like siblings. She couldn’t stand me and I couldn’t stand her’

Lovejoy looks like absolute shit now. Amazed Hells is 57.

And before you mention it, that obligatory WSC article: https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/no-love-no-joy/
>>
>>144271974
that slidey photo thing is dead cool
>>
>>144271974
chamberlain is correct hating lovejoy. mindless spastic of a man. would happily back my car over him.
>>
>>144271974
They have a new podcast together and this article mentions it purely in passing because it's produced by the Daily Mail
>>
>>144271974
>tits bigger 24 years later
the wonders of modern science, long may it continue
>>
At least Kane bothered showing up. Shant be giving him abuse.
Biggest coward in world football: Phil Foden
>>
>>144269921
You know the answer to this
Will never win a thing with Kane in the side
>>
United legends Zirkzee and Weghorst just scored for The Netherlands (or as we used to call them, Holland)
>>
>>144273061
>Holland
huh?
>>
>>144272440
Foden, Palmer and Watkins surprisingly didn't turn up. Shocker.

>>144271237
Yeah you could pick that team if Watkins even turned up you colossal melt.
>>
>>144273061
Holland is a part of the Netherlands and they weirdly made their tourism website holland.com or some shit. It's like calling all of UK 'England'. Netherlands to me, shall always be the Netherlands to me.
>>
>>144273061
The unvaxxed man marches on
>>
>>144273061
Against the mighty Bosnia & Herzegovina. Still, impressive they could score more than two goals against shitters. Haha which team and I talking about here haha what a cheeky monkey I am haha.
>>
>>144273279
>>144273328
For a very very long time we just called them Holland. I know it's incorrect but we did, I promise this is true.
>>
Yeah England could and maybe should have battered Ireland but there is something funnier in a low, winning, score after a match which was so bigged-up because losing 0-2 at home with 70 minutes to go is surmountable yet they still couldn't do it
>>
>>144271237
Wharton isn't even in the squad lmao
>>
>>144273763
Is he not? Well I've fucked up twice then as >>144273300 said. Disregard, I suck cocks.
>>
>>144273774
he got dropped to the u21s
>>
I don't think I've seen Wharton in ages, natural of England to fill the squad with every Palace shitter except the one that would be useful
>>
>>144273799
Mental. Okay, well not sure who then. Gallagher is useless there and Mainoo has been poor imo. Guess we'll stick to Mainoo then. Maybe he'll form a partnership with Rice through force.
>>
>bosnia in league a
when the fuck did that happen
>>
>>144273890
Promoted from B and England got relegated from A. Also, Scotland are in A lmao. England are a fucking joke.
>>
>>144274063
>international wins in the 2024/25 season: San Marino 1, Scotland 0
>>
>>144274086
Welcome to how shit England have to be in order to be in B League.
>>
>badshot
>dont score
What did they expect
>>
>>144274086
I wonder what the odds were for SanMar to win last night
>>
>>144269500
It's up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1q5Zs15xns
>>
>>144276524
funny how even haaland, which should be considered a cool story cause his dad played for city, feels so plastic and boring. guess that's the way it is with city
>>
i will never rate haaland, he only appeals to english cretins who wish they were watching rugby and all his goals are boring as fuck
>>
>>144277105
Football has changed. It's more about physically now and less about tiki-taka manlet footballers.
>>
>>144277187
he could at least try to score a blooter every once in a while, which even lampard managed to do despite being a nepo baby who retarded english football for decades
>>
>>144277253
His second goal from the recent game against West Ham was a blooter but you're just nitpicking now and you know it. A goal is a goal.
>>
>>144277017
City is pure soul because they're not plastic american franchise.
>>
>>144277634
>that flag
>that post
kek'd
>>
Embarrassing, coach needs to get sacked
>>
>>144277741
https://x.com/Boyler_FC

>The official X account for Boyler FC. A group of 16-17 year olds playing 5 a-side football in Gateshead.
lol
>>
https://x.com/aar0n_nt/status/1832456091973648820?t=OxIKhxkppi5_K0-fQJwmWg&s=19
Mainoo discourse has started
>>
>>144277349
i am totally prejudiced against physicality in football. i make no attempt to hide that. still if he played like he did at dortmund i would at least see the appeal. sure it's pretty funny when he runs box to box ragdolling players like it's gmod. but in england he plays for the most stacked squad on earth where he parks in the six yard box and waits for the fourth rebound so he can statpad vs shittingham athletic. if erling haaland carries norway to glory i'll recant my words but i'm not holding my breath
>>
HE NICKED THAT ONE IN JADON MALIK SANCHOOOOO
HE'S PROVING THE MANC WRONG
>>
>>144271237
> Colwill
> Stones

Clearly didn't watch the game today, did you...
>>
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED
>>
>>144272216
Meds
>>
> De Ligt: "I am happy with my move to Manchester United. Also because I stay in the picture. The Premier League has more viewers, the Bundesliga lesser."
bro got his bundes trophy and immediately fucked off
fair
>>
>Clearlake want to sell
>Boehly doesnt want to buy

how could Chelsea be so fucked within 2 years of Roman selling.. SAD
>>
>>144283676
seems like it's a hierarchical issue, with roman it was very clear, he had the final say whether his staffs liked it or not while this nu-chelsea seems like a bureaucratic nightmare with todd, eghbali, feliciano, clearlake and whatnot
>>
> Josh Brownhill is open to the idea of representing Malaysia internationally. [@frfuturetalents]
>>
>>144283676
TRUST
THE
PROCESS
>>
>>144277801
Based. That's the Pits. Used to play there every Sunday. Good laugh.
>>
File: file.png (2.15 MB, 1080x1350)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB PNG
>>
File: indog.png (247 KB, 473x527)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>
>Convicted footballer Quincy Promes has signed for United FC in Dubai while he remains in the Emirates, awaiting possible extradition to the Netherlands.

>Promes was arrested in Dubai earlier this year at the request of the Dutch while attending a training camp with Spartak Moscow.

>According to Russian media, the deal with Promes includes an option for a free return to Spartak Moscow if he is permitted to leave the Emirates.
>>
https://twitter.com/benrobinson770/status/1832480337126953184

Quite possibly the most pointless red card in history from Folkestone v Billericay in the FA Trophy yesterday. Imagine getting that wound up by piggy in the middle when a player's down injured.
>>
>>144288304
classic toxic masculinity
>>
>>144288331
>toxic masculinity
No, he was just a petty cunt.
>>
>>144288304
hahahahaha what a tit, why is he even looking for the ball the games not restarting any time soon
>>
>>144288344
yes that's toxic masculinity in action
>>
>>144288349
I think your brain's rotted if you see that and the first thing you think is "toxic masculinity".
>>
>>144288384
you really don't like people being critical of men do you
>>
>>144288448
I criticised him already for getting sent off. You're the one who twisted it because your brain has been fucked by being terminally online. But then again I shouldn't be surprised when it comes from you. You make yourself so identifiable Liversimp it's embarrassing.
>>
>>144288467
angry little man
>>
>>144288483
Nice to see you're finally talking about yourself, Liversimp. You're just as wound up as the Folkestone player.
>>
File: 51203.jpg (29 KB, 413x400)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>144270229
>Rumcajs
kek don't tell me it's a real name somewhere
>>
>Leny Yoro leaned towards Manchester United’s money, (€9.5m) over Real Madrid’s offer (€2m).

I thought competency FC were done overpaying for players?
>>
>>144275663
I mean against Lichtenstein, they can't have been *that* long.
>>
>>144270229
i have been trying to guess without googling where this guy is from since yesterday
my current working theory is central asia
>>
>Erling Haaland's new deal at Man City is expected to contain a release clause which will be within reach for Real Madrid if they want to sign him in the future.

(Source: @MailSport )
>>
File: df6480e6195.jpg (41 KB, 640x596)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>Wahhhh he's 25 percent Irish he should be playing for Ireland wahhhh. I don't care that if he's 75 percent English and born and bred there wahh it's not fair.

>Wahhhh why did the English try and take Ferguson, who is half English he's literally Irish how could they even consider the fact he'd play for England when he's Irish sure he was born and bred here

>Why yes, he qualifies for Ireland through his Irish grandmother. She was born in cork and moved to England at the age of three. This makes the lad Irish in my eyes. It's fine to take these players for our team as they are irish

>Wahhhhh those English players have Irish names wahhh why isn't Maguire and Kane playing for us he's Irish. They must be at least 50 percent Irish.

>Your black players are African but ours are Irish. Our black players are Irish sure they were born here but your mixed race ones are not English sure they are only half English
>>
>>144288854
who are you quoting?
>>
>>144288719
when will perez be stopped
>>
>>144288868
Irish people
>>
>>144288854
it's frankly over for the basedrish nation
>>
>>144288854
can't believe this little English worm is still sucking on the Irish teat, you've been here for near a decade now, go home Abdul
>>
>>144288954
he's got you boiling lad
>>
>>144288974
not really, just pointing out a fact
>>
File: irish fragility.png (455 KB, 591x891)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
Wasn't just Irish man of the match either, was out of both teams
>>
what does trent alexander-arnold offer to england? he's poor at passing, he's atrocious at defensive duties, there is no reason for this player to be on the pitch save for unimaginative cowardly managers hoping a fluke long ball will bail them out
>>
>>144288993
So was I. Absolute facts. Try and dispute any of them. Cannot believe how hypocritical Irish football fans are, it's unbelievable.
>>
>>144289051
Even if it was just Irish ones
Why him?
He wasn't even good lol
>>
>>144289060
We will be told that he's being played out of position even when he isn't because uhh he's not playing the same exact role (a luxury which isn't extended to any other player) or something?
I honestly don't know why people get so defensive over players from 'their' club not performing for England anyway. Different when others are lying about them playing poorly because they hate said club, we see plenty of that ITT, but TAA really does not seem to work for England.
>>
>>144289051
He wasn't even born in Ireland. He was born in Nigeria and moved to Ireland when he was seven. This is ok though according the the average Ireland football fan.

Raheem sterling was born in Jamaica and moved to England around the same age. However it's not fair that he plays for England according to the average Irish football fan.
>>
>Manchester United icon Matthijs de Ligt did not mince words as he admitted he was far from his best after enduring a dismal display on international duty
>>
>>144289060
>>144289088
best player on the pitch yesterday
>>
>>144289112
didn't they win 5-0?
>>
>>144289127
5-2 he was directly to blame for Bosnia getting a goal though making it 1-1
>>
>>144289074
he is the pinnacle of
>DUDE RUN FAST LMAO
>>
>>144289091
give it a rest mate
>>
>>144289088
>We will be told that he's being played out of position even when he isn't because uhh he's not playing the same exact role (a luxury which isn't extended to any other player) or something?
It always feels like Alexander-Arnold can't be criticised in any metric whatsoever.
>>
trent should be in the 1990s playing wide midfield for a team of boozy british kickers like charlton athletic. absolute step backwards for england. this trent meme is bellerin all over again and the moment england come up against solid opposition they will barrel down the left side at will
>>
>>144289072
go home you freak
>>
>>144289222
by far the most criticised player in England
>>
>>144289423
lol
>>
>>144289423
I remember he got guff for being a defensive liability after that one match at the Emirates two years ago but then everyone just sort of forgot even though he's still the exact same player
>>
Bro looks more Indonesian than other recently recruited Indonesian players. At least >we got his younger bro.
>>
>>144289051
>Guy gets a goal and assist
>Nah he isn't MotM, it's the guy who ran around a bit
What. Grealish was also pretty good. In fact, if you had to give it to an Irish player why not Kelleher? Guy prevented at least two if not three goals.
>>
Well I see the Beeb has got their narrative orders.
>>
>>144289523
Highest rated comment:

>Anyone using the word 'Carsball' should not be allowed to write anything in public.

Kek.
>>
rip speedo
wouldve been 55 today
>>
>Marca: Leny Yoro leaned towards Manchester United's contract offer of €9.5M over Real Madrid's €2M proposal
Overspend finally and inarguably confirmed
>>
>>144289532
The funny thing is if the HYS comments are just as expected, can be summed up as
>Did you watch the same game? It was awful.
Which it was. 2-0 up in 25 mins and then the brakes put on apart from the final 5 mins when Saka started to attack and Bowen and he should have scored.
>>
>>144289594
Just saw a comment on
>The England setup must have a deal with the prem clubs where they rest the players in the second half.....
It is fucking true isn't it. If England aren't in control by HT then they fall apart in the second half and it takes them either going down or luck to get them to actually win. The issue I have with England is that even under Southgate England managed to thrash several teams. Panama 6-1, Iran 6-2, San Marino 10-0 (and others but this was biggest under Southgate), North Macedonia 7-0, Hungary 4-0, Malta 4-0, Albania 5-0, Andorra 5-0 (and 4-0), Ukraine 4-0 (this was in Euro 2020* QF as well and probably England's best performance under Southgate), Iceland 4-0, Kosovo 4-0 (did beat them more but it was 5-3), Montenegro 7-0, Bulgaria 6-0, Czechia 5-0.

And yet bar the Ukraine game, it looked like a surprise England scored. It looked like they weren't meant to score or expected to score. You see England beat San Marino 10-0 and you know they could have really thrashed them but there seems to be a desire not to when the likes of Germany or Netherlands put on 12-0, 14-0 etc. Why not go for the record and make another team have their worst defeat to England? It's just so tiring that England are forever clearly able to do well (i.e, score lots of goals) but even when they do it doesn't look easy. Look at the second goal versus Ireland. Goes forward, goes to Rice, Rice to Saka, Saka to Rice, all one touch quick passing and then Rice to Grealish. Like they knew that quick FORWARD passes could potentially cause trouble and it did. But this stopped. We went back to what Southgate's reign did. Passing around the back, slow. I don't understand it. Then obviously is the issue with players not being able to score when you expect them to. Like Gordon, Bowen and Saka.
>>
File: 1714213678213248.webm (3.74 MB, 1066x600)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB WEBM
>>
>>144289670
I did think it was weird how they broke Ireland up with one touch triangles for that second one then just never did that again
>>
country full of freaks
>>
>>144289709
>talkSHITE
>>
>>144289681
Yeah I don't get it. I really don't. Glad Roy Keane said so at FT. Saying first half was good then second half was shit and the entire team looked bored and uncaring.

>>144289709
Guy born in England but who had a Irish grandmother so he played for Ireland because he wouldn't have played for England.... I mean the Irish seethe over Poppy's never ceases to confuse me. Ireland fought for the UK in WW1. So why wouldn't he?
>>
>>144289670
>has never played FM
friendlies mean 45 minutes only for all my players, all the time
>>
>>144289733
>"muh poppy"

You guys are the ones who seethe about people NOT wearing them.
>>
>>144289518
Kelleher was 100% their best player, would've been 4-0 had he not pulled two worldies at the end
>>
>Romeo Beckham has made a decision to leave Brentford and retire from football
So much potential just lost
>>
>>144289523
Sounds like some shit drink you'd have in a chavvy dance club in 2006.
>>
>>144289848
Can guarantee if he is made perma manager (and why wouldn't he be, great yes man) you'll get Carsball drinks. It'll be a pint of Carling with a shot of Baileys.
>>
>>144289832
Or, just go to lower leagues?
>>
File: 2024%2f9%2fUNLB1Art.png (287 KB, 550x550)
287 KB
287 KB PNG
>>
>>144289941
>TAA
>Mavropanos
>>
>>144289941
That TAA score is dubious. This is the issue with WhoScored, he was pinging balls straight out for a goal kick over and over but it counts as an attacking pass.
>>
>>144289941
Wait how did Odegaard get on there when Norway didn't win? Was he that good?
>>
>>144289948
>>144289961
probably time to give it a rest gary
>>
>>144289963
Norwegian press said he was okay, Haaland though was apparently dreadful, one of his worst ever performances.
https://sportwitness.co.uk/erling-haaland-manchester-city-arsenal-martin-odegaard/
>>
File: lol.png (28 KB, 641x217)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>144289963
I went and answered my own question.
>>
>named Tyler Dibling
>good at dribbling
>>
>>144289051
Good to see the Irish are just like every other western country, and that decades of car bombing the English now means exactly nothing
>>
>>144289978
Nusa looked good apparently. Was linked to United iirc.
>>
I am not at all convinced by england dna. I don't see that English coaches have let go of their prejudices at all and I still see all the same double barrel shitters and unpronounceables and pacey mongs as ever. Honestly I think England just doesn't 'get' football, it's not our thing
>>
File: lolol.png (415 KB, 644x819)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
>spend all summer saying Kane shouldn't be dropping deep and should stay up top
>does so against Ireland but blows all his chances and just didn't seem to care
>now you get this
STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT.
>>
>>144290004
>for him to be better he just needs to be like what Haaland is
Cheers for that Jermaine
>>
>>144289941
>allowing americans to play in europe
>>
>Greece beat Finland 3-0
>Still not confident in beating Finland
I guess when you're Champions of Europe, you're actually a threat regardless. Haha. COULDN'T TELL YOU HOW THAT FEELS HAHA.
>>
I don't see exactly why people are saying England have only played 1 game under Carsley. There were obvious differences:

>Gordon LW to run in behind, which Gareff didn't do
>Rice b2b with Mainoo 'dictating' and Angel Gomes replacing him to do the same role, which Gareff said England didn't have the players for
>Trent at RB moving into the centre, when Gareff played him starting in midfield and would never consider him being the starter at RB and then drifting into the middle
Correct me if i'm wrong, but that was probably the best England game ever for Rice and Trent.
>>
>>144290039
>I guess when you're Champions of Europe, you're actually a threat regardless.
Ah yes, the famously threatening Greeks who shat themselves against Georgia in the play-offs.
>>
File: compariosn.jpg (42 KB, 785x259)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>144290004
But Michael Owen says that Kane is a better version of Haaland and that Haaland can't score
>>
>>144290054
And yet they are objectively more successful than England in Europe.
>>
>>144289996
didn't they just play a midfield 4 of Mainoo, Trent, Rice and Grealish? that's progressive or whatever, no
>>
>>144290068
*were
>>
>>144290056
Put somebody in front of Kane, not the other way round. Haaland should have declared for England t b h d e s u
>>
>>144290077
>Put somebody in front of Kane
he did well when he had sterling and rashford running in behind and nobody decent in the ten position. problem is now you have grealish, foden and bellingham that can play there
>>
>>144290074
Are. They have won zero trophies since 2004 and so have England. In terms of recent trophies, England are behind Greece. Two chances to fix that and both were blown because England players have a mental block and had they won the Euros they'd be expected to do better in the World Cup. But that damages their club playing time so no thanks.
>>
>>144290083
He was younger when those lot were playing. He isn't able to do it as much now. He could play the No.10 role if you had to play him and Foden and Bellingham are not in th e team. The issue is Watkins is not in the team and the only 'centre forward' is Bowen. I don't want to include Maduke or w/e his name is in that list. Play him instead of Saka if you want.
>>
>>144290090
>Two chances to fix that and both were blown because England players have a mental block and had they won the Euros they'd be expected to do better in the World Cup. But that damages their club playing time so no thanks.
That is some mighty fine schizophrenia you've got there, laddy.
>>
>>144290050
Mainoo was a complete dogshit liability that was constantly giving the ball away and whose idea of defending was to either do fuck all or god damn escort the Irish winger and let him cross unpressured.
Trent did not have his "best England game ever", in fact it was very mediocre. Far too many of those long balls just went over people's heads.
Angel was fine, I have no complaints.
My issue with this being Rice's best England game is that England (as a whole) were really shit in the second half. Like maybe it was his best 45 minutes for England.
>>
>>144290108
Firstly, stop using terms like 'schizophrenia' when you don't know what they mean. Secondly, tell me another national team other than England that consistently makes it to finals and blows them. I'm talking all sports, btw. I'll give you a quick list

>T20 Cricket
2016, lost

>Cricket World Cup
1979, lost
1987, lost
1992, lost

>Euros Finals
2020, lost
2024, lost

>Rugby World Cup
1991, lost
2007, lost
2019, lost

England clearly has a mental block or they would have more than 1 Cricket World Cup, 1 Rugby World Cup and at least one Euros.

Simping for mediocrity is fucking cringe but I guess this is what zoomers want these days, nobody is offended if you win.
>>
>>144290147
>moving the goalposts to other sports because your point was that fucking stupid

England's Euro final failures were down to Southgate's cowardly tactics.
>>
>>144290147
they don't really even have a cricket world cup, unless you count enormous asterisk world cups
>>
>>144290073
Rice doesn't have the intelligence to be in the role he's playing. He's a trier but he's just too limited. It's like with Saka who keeps getting plaudits for trying. Saka has one skill which is to run and cut inside with a decent left shot. He holds for far too long.

England would love to have a whole team of ten Bukayo Sakas. England dna is not a sincere change.
>>
>>144290227
Rice acted like a No.8 in the first half last night and showed why he is a No.8 not a No.6. Why they don't play him like that I don't know.
>b--b-but who is the No.6
I don't know. Find somebody.
>>
File: GW806vEXMAA-c_7.jpg (2.04 MB, 3097x3871)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB JPG
>>
>>144290162
I said England have a mental block. My point is that England have a mental block and it's ingrained. It objectively is. Success demands success. Lucking wins due to fine print rules (Cricket World Cup) or ET (Football and Rugby World Cup) shows 'Stiff upper lip tip tip cheerio' but it doesn't make England seem like winners. More like luckers. England women, meanwhile win Euros, then make final of World Cup and should have won it against a team made up of literal part-timers managed by a coach everybody hated, yet they lost because... as I said, mental block. If they won the World Cup they'd be expected to win more. Same reason Spurs don't win anything because fans would EXPECT more to come. If you're never successful or have limited success, then you're never expected to get more. It's why United are slated but other clubs are not.
>>
>>144290315
I genuinely wonder how you even manage to stay alive because you sound like the most depressed fucker imaginable.
>>
Morgan Rogers plays football next week
>>
File: 1563558700279.jpg (845 KB, 1357x1303)
845 KB
845 KB JPG
>>144290191
>>
>>144290191
seethe
>>
>>144290341
So you have no actual argument when I presented to you objective facts that England have a clear mental block over winning major tournaments. Would you prefer I used /epl/ friendly terms like 'bottle jobs' instead? Okay, England are bottle jobs.
>>
>>144290493
Main point was about "damaging their club playing time", as if succeeding on an international stage would be a bad thing.
>>
>>144290227
If you have been watching the English national team and premier league for the last few years and come away with the view that Saka is the problem this sport is not for you.
>>
>>144290493
objective facts lol
>>
>>144290538
I mean what else can it be? How can Haaland for example (lets just step away from England for a moment) score two hattricks in three games but not hit a barn door for Norway? Is he actually just bad?
>Well he plays with world class players with City and Norway he doesn't!
Okay but he is playing the likes of Georgia, Kazakhstan and shit like that, is he really needing Rodri, De Bruyne and so on to actually score? I don't think so. This isn't just a one off issue either. Haaland does well enough for Norway but he should be doing a lot better and the only reason can be they don't want to put in as much effort as they do for clubs. Why was Kane, when gifted the ball on the edge of the box, trotting forward with it like it was a training game? He had space, he had options. Yet he has two goals and two assists for Bayern in four games. Why did TAA start doing long balls over the top all the way out for goal kicks when we know he can 'put it on a coin' as all the pundits say. Why was Kobbie 'Future Balloon D'Or Winner' Mainoo giving away balls and sloppy passing? I refuse to believe that players put on an England shirt and suddenly go DURRRRRR.
>>
>>144290591
>I mean what else can it be?
How is succeeding on an international stage objectively a bad thing? Is this just a European mindset?
>>
>>144290564
Quite the opposite, players like Saka bowl over the credulous. Moment he faces good opposition he ceases to exist on the pitch as he's completely inflexible and has nothing in his bag save that one trick
>>
>>144290572
Objectively England have reached 9 finals and lost them. They have reached 15 in total and three of those were won by the skin of their teeth and as you can see from the NZ, they don't even count one of them (and the ICC changed the rules right after because of how 'unfair' it was). I mean I don't know what you want me to say. When you lose more than you win, you've got a problem. Or would you say Chelsea don't have a problem with finals when they've lost the last six on a trot? That's just an objective stat. They have lost them.
>>
>>144290632
Same could be said of all Arsenal-affiliated players really
>>
>>144290614
I never said it was a bad thing. But why can't Harry Kane, a player who scored 34 goals and got 12 assists for Munich last year (who weren't even the best team) put on an England shirt and look like he can barely walk? Why can Bellingham, top scorer for Madrid last year, be unable to put two passes together? Why can Foden, PFA Player of the Year, Balloon D'Or nominee (and according to City fans, a guaranteed winner) be unable to stay fucking onside? How can Kobbie Mainoo not control a 5 yard pass? Like this isn't a case of 'a bad day' this is repeated shit. This is a constant issues. Foden's best performance was against Iceland like six years ago where he scored two and assisted another two.

Unless you can gve me another reason why top quality players fall apart in an England shirt and none of them can actually, for a single game (aka a final) put on a performance like they do week in week out for their clubs. Ignoring the fact that 'good' players don't even WANT to play for England and pull out with 'illnesses' before the games just goes to show they don't fucking care and just want to concentrate on their clubs.
>>
>>144290695
>>144290639
pepe silvia tier reasoning skills
>>
>>144290227
>Saka has one skill which is to run and cut inside with a decent left shot
two skills actually, another one being really good at fishing for fouls at dangerous areas
>>
>>144290273
>Find somebody
And then you can call him a dogshit liability like Mainoo. Pirlo would be criticised if he played for England, just like Jorginho was criticised as not being able to run when he came over here.
>>
>>144290632
>Moment he faces good opposition he ceases to exist on the pitch
Saka has played Top 6 sides 9 times. He has recorded three goals and three assists. I don't think that is 'ceasing to exist' but OK.

And I agree with you about him being one note, but so was Robben.
>>
>>144290739
I'll call people a liability if they're a liability. Mainoo objectively was against Ireland and there is a reason he was pulled off. You can find meme stats like 'attacking pressing counter thirds in the 3/5th section of the pitch during a half-moon' but he did not add anything to the game and was poor. I don't see what is wrong with calling out players who perform well for their clubs but fall apart playing for England. We've tried so many different managers that the only option left is there is a mental block. England should have beaten Italy. They could have - if they performed like they can - beaten Spain. They should have beaten Croatia. They were all over France (or more specifically, France weren't all over England) and Kane fucked up his one job, OK it happens, but had England beaten France I would have expected them to beat Morocco and gotten to a Final. Sure they would have lost to Argentina (rigging claims aside) but you never know... Except I do, it's England. The media already had 'BRAVE LIONS FALL AT THE LAST HURDLE' tier articles already. No other country has gotten to two finals in a row in the Euros and lost them both.
>>
File: drippy.jpg (39 KB, 818x936)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
Just ordered myself a new QPR tracksuit. Needed a glow up for this season.
>>
>>144290642
I mean there's a reason the club is stuck under a glass ceiling. I didn't intend to rag on Arsenal in particular it was just another player who I feel gets praise for his England performances in a way that isn't healthy for the NT's prospects. It's nice that the players put in effort but effort is not enough to win against top European coaches who only have to tell their left back to watch the box to completely take Saka out of the match
>>
>>144290802
how many years?
>>
btw, does anyone seriously care about anthemgate? it makes sense that he wouldn't sing, if you have an issue don't appoint him. blame the fa or ask why there are no good english managers. that seems way more important than a little singing
>>
GOD SAVE OUR GRACIOUS QUEE-KING
>>
File: GW9CEN_WUAE-aMh.jpg (1.87 MB, 2160x2700)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
>>
>>144291001
if you care about the anthem and not the turgid and pointless football played after going 2-0 up, you aren't a proper football fan
>>
>>144291001
i don't care about it but i think it matters a little bit. there was a lot of negativity around england at the euros and it's hard to think it didn't affect the performances. or maybe ditching the anthem will get rid of some of the pressure. i dunno
>>
>>144291001
i don't think he doesn't sing because he's xyz% irish, some of us just think anthems are cringe. he didn't sing the irish one either. i'm 100% english and i've never sang the anthem. i wouldn't if it was a republican anthem either.
>>
>>144291085
Jesus Christ Martinelli, a smile wouldn't fucking kill you
>>
>>144291130
>>144291150
i agree with you guys. it's not really a big deal

what pisses me off is some cunt named steinberg writing in the guardian about it being part of the culture war

dm commentators are being a bunch of retards about it as well, tbf
>>
>>144291196
how's it not culture war?
>>
>>144291220
well, the guy just doesn't want to sing the anthem. it's not some political statement. what's the fight here? no forrens as england manager? i didn't realise we all were fiercely against that

also, it's the anthem. it's not a political thing. or not supposed to be. it's supposed to unite. even if some people try to make it political, that's not what's happening here. it's not like Carsley is anti-royal or something
>>
>>144291258
>it's not some political statement
i agree but the (right wing) papers pushing the story clearly do think it is
>>
>>144290050
Rice slotted in the back at times to cover for CBs but yeah looks like Mainoo was told to sit back more in general. For United he doesn't play that role well, personally I don't trust him to be the DM. Grealish also played his best game playing centrally. Honestly think Pep is ruining his career playing him LW. Still only one game, and Foden wasn't fit enough to play so can't really draw any conclusions about Carsley.
>>
>>144291281
do they? think they're just pissed off he's not singing the anthem. do they think he's taking a shit on the country like kaepernick when he took the knee?
>>
>>144291339
>think they're just pissed off he's not singing the anthem
and why do you think they're pissed off?
>>
>>144291323
isn't that his role going forward for Man Utd? Ugarte seems more of a b2b ballwinner a la Rice
>>
>>144291349
because he's not showing national pride. it's not like the left have been saying yeah fuck this country fuck the anthem don't sing it or have pride in your country because it's a piece of shit.

even if the left don't like the royals, right wing newspapers aren't saying that's why Carsley isn't singing
>>
make Adele the England manager because she could really belt out the anthem. she has great knockers too, an added bonus
>>
>>144291001
No, nobody cared about Capello not singing the anthem. But these days everything has to be endless, boring culture war bollocks
>>
>>144291402
corr mad how fit she is now shes not fat
>>
>>144291353
Always got the impression that Ugarte is a pure DM that will sit back most of the game. Mainoo puts in a good tackle most of the time, but he won't really track back, mark forwards or cover for CBs like a DM should.
>>
>>144291367
they're painting him Irish, talkshite on about whether or not he'll wear a poppy this morning
>>
>>144291431
just to point out, that it's the left that always start the war. they're the ones that want change. it seems like people criticising the culture war always seem to blame the right for standing up and never the never the left for attacking. I don't know if you're like this but wouldn't be surprised
>>
>>144291437
yeah, it's amazing. she's basically one of the most fuckable celebs out there now

>>144291517
nah, pretty sure Ugarte is the new Scottie Parker. and does Mainoo need to do all that defensive work? Pirlo or Jorginho didn't and they were legit. I think England fans just want destroyers in midfield and then complain they can't play football
>>
>>144291582
>and does Mainoo need to do all that defensive work?

what defensive work? watching midfielders run at the defence?
>>
>>144291621
yeah all that. he can just chill. the English don't 'get' football, that's why they would have shit on Pirlo if he was one of them or played in this country. they only suck the dick of players that can actually play if they're foreigners playing in another country
>>
>>144291582
I think United needed a DM that covers for CBs, tracks forwards aggressively to prevent counters, and sits back for most of the game because, imo, both Casemiro and Mainoo wanting to go forward at the same time has cost United a lot of goals last season, and this season so far. I think they found that player in Ugarte. Making Mainoo a DM is a bit wasteful, imo. For England maybe he will play there since the tactics are a bit different .
>>
>>144291681
what exactly does Mainoo do?
>>
>>144291690
They need to play Casemiro and Ugarte together until their defence stops getting torn apart every match
>>
>>144291692
joe allen if he wuz black
>>
>>144291692
exact same question Keane asked about Carrick. meanwhile, Pep put him on the same level as Busquets and Alsono.

the narrative in the summer was why couldn't England keep the ball and create or why Gareth didn't play that way. then Carsley comes in and plays Mainoo and Gomes and shows an intent to try to play some football. now people are talking about England need defensive destroyers basically.

i'm sure if Carsley doesn't get the job, people will do a 180 on the things they criticise the manager for. it literally always happens
>>
>>144291745
Casemiro is honestly dog shit in the midfield. He has fuck ups like the two mistakes causing the goal vs. Liverpool regularly. I wish he were better, but I'd prefer him to be dropped.
>>
>This is something that I always struggled with when I was playing for Ireland,” Carsley said. “The gap between your warm-up, your coming on to the pitch and the delay with the anthems. So it’s something that I have never done. I was always really focused on the game and my first actions of the game. I really found that in that period I was wary about my mind wandering off. I was really focused on the football and I have taken that in to coaching. We had the national anthem with the under-21s also and I am in a zone at that point. I am thinking about how the opposition are gonna set up and our first actions within the game. I fully respect both anthems and understand how much they mean to both countries. It’s something I am really respectful of.
disgrace
>>
>>144291779
He's past his best, but he has been asked to do ALL the defensive work for man utd's midfield by himself. It's too much for anyone, and I get the impression they intend to burden Ugarte with that responsibility next.
>>
>>144291799
Totally agree, both teams should run out the tunnel to Republica's 'Ready To Go', and the match should start at most 10 seconds later.
>>
>>144291815
this but unironically
>>
>this is how it feels to be city
>this is how it feels to be small
>this is how it feels when your team wins nothing at all
do man utd fans still sing this?
>>
>>144291802
>he has been asked to do ALL the defensive work for man utd's midfield by himself.
Personally, I think he cannot cope with even being tasked with sticking to his marker. He's not disciplined in any of his defensive roles and just goes forward whenever he wants. I think Ugarte can cope better with doing all the defensive work in midfield, because that's what he's done at PSG and Uruguay. How much better is the real question. Imo, Mainoo has shown that he deserves to start, but I just can't bring myself to say the same for Casemiro. There has been too many mistakes by him costing United goals.
>>
>>144291849
Mainoo will get starts because man utd don't want to break their streak of starting academy players. That's why Rashford got so many starts even when it was clear he was finished.
>>
>>144291876
Players like Mainoo, Rashford, McT, Garnacho and even Lingard got so many games because they play better than the players United buy for £50m+. Even vs. Liverpool I thought Rashford played better than Garnacho, despite the boos when he got subbed off. Not that Rashford is a better player than Garnacho, but Rashford got more rest in the summer and it shows. Every fucking player right now is tired and it shows. Not just at United, mind you.
>>
File: file.png (43 KB, 756x267)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>According to Capology, that would make Yoro the second lowest earner at Madrid behind Lunin & on less than half of Garcia.
now why a would Madrid-based journo tell a lie about Yoro to United?
>>
I worry about Mainoo, he was a starter in Euro until the final, then got just a couple of weeks to rest, and suddenly had to play games again week in week out, both for club and country, and he's still 19yo.
Collyer and Ugarte need to share his burden ASAP.
>>
>>144291085
Trossard looks like he's on the codeine or subutex
>>
>>144269500
No attacking player in the premier league right now could have hit that better.
>>
>>144291157
hes on the crack, just look at those eyes
>>
I want to sex choli
>>
>>144292675
The fire crackles as the children gasp in awe. Snow begins to fall outside the window and your tale comes to end, but the youngsters are thirsty for more 'Tell us about the two one win against Sheffield Wednesday again Grandpapa!' one child begs. 'No, no! The legendary three all draw versus Plymouth Argle!' implores another. The oldest boy pipes up 'Be quiet you two. Grandad tells those ones all the time. Go on, tell us the one you promised us last time - the three nil versus FC Cincinnati ...Grandad...G-Grandad?'.
The rocking chair creaks to a halt. A serene expression on your face and all of Rooney’s wins flash before your eyes in your final moments as the children embraces you. His eight six First Round EFL Cup victory against Salford City. The legendary back to back wins versus Blackpool and West Bromwich Albion in the league over Christmas. The hard fought nil nil draw against Rotherham United. They know what is happening. They are scared, but calm.
The last thing you hear as you slide into the black warmth of death is the youngest boy - old beyond his years, and a football fanatic who spends every free moment in his room playing Football Manager on his PC. 'Don't be sad. He lived a hell of a life. In the age of Rooney.'
>>
>>144291764
you didn't tell me what he does?
>>
>>144292675
Makes you wonder how many more goals he could have had if not for a certain Portuguese homosexual hogging the frees.
>>
https://x.com/yelittlejedi/status/1832505672560198065?s=19

Lol remember the biggest Manc podcast outright saying that Woodward was worse than Munich
>>
>>144292856
United fans should be thanking their lucky stars that the Munich disaster happened. Without it they are a completely personality devoid club.
>>
>>144292805
he's far from being a finished product (19yo btw) but so far I really think he's good at driving the ball up the pitch and has shown more eagerness to do more interception and tackling. and he's currently stuck in a team where his pivot partner is a heavily declining Casemiro and being coached by a manager who seems to have no clue how to set up his team without being countered 4v2 all the damn time.
dunno why you insist that Mainoo is a flop already, going by the harsh tone you keep bringing into the discussion whenever Mainoo is being brought up.
>>
>>144289675
Keeper should have done better. Ba telegraphed exactly what he was going to do. Shocking Stevie gets all the blame.
>>
>>144292805
he's good on the ball, see the FA Cup final last season. it's not difficult to work out what I think he does when i've talked about Carsley playing him and Gomes and wanting to play football and create instead of just defend or keep sterile possession like Gareth
>>
>>144292902
oh so you're a Liverpool fan and that's why you hate Mainoo, kk
>>
>>144292902
Same can go for Liverpool with both Heysel & Hillsborough.
>>
>>144292963
>dunno why you insist that Mainoo is a flop already, going by the harsh tone you keep bringing into the discussion whenever Mainoo is being brought up.
>>144293249
>oh so you're a Liverpool fan and that's why you hate Mainoo, kk

Is the ultra reactionary defensiveness really necessary? He asked "what does he do?" and didn't get an answer the first time. Like can we not just knee jerk to some agenda off such a basic question please?
>>
>>144293455
To be fair if someone brings up a club-related disaster then any semblance of a discussion is null and void.
>>
>>144293455
Whenever irishposter is in /epl/, he/she/they usually post the most ABU shit so the response just kinda rolled off the tongue.
>>
>>144293434
liverpoo are wankers but you cant deny that club has sovl
>>
>>144293988
To claim a club only has a personality due to a disaster is the most braindead claim imaginable.
>>
>>144293988
>>144294010
Different fat anon here but I would say Livershart have the most soul of the slop 6.
>>
>>144269870
English genes innit
>>
>>144294072
>Livershart have the most soul of the slop 6.
That isn't really an achievement.
>>
>>144294113
Yer clubs like Spuds and Citeh have 0 soul and Manure and Arse have like 5% of a soul.
>>
>>144293209
>he's good on the ball, see the FA Cup final last season

when City had all the ball? and Mainoo had 36 touches in an hour of football?
>>
File: Anfield.jpg (291 KB, 922x1722)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>144294113
It is when it directly influences results via intimidation.
>>
>>144295761
clearly the premier league paid all of them to say that
>>
>>144295761
Again, not really an achievement given half the Sky Six have had new stadia in the past 25 years.
>>
>>144294646
clearly more efficient with those 36 touches than the City players lmao
>>
Anyone else unironically think Grealingz is one of the best players for England?

Gives us penetration as he actually tries going forwards
>>
>>144296260
Yes.
Pisses over Sir Marcus Rashid but I felt Southgate had a diversity quota to fill to keep the ones pulling the strings happy. See also: Mainoo and Eze
>>
>>144291764
i've said this before, if you look at the players who get praise abroad it's never any of england's favourites, then everyone just brushes it off as foreigners taking the piss even though they have basically no reason to do so
>>
>>144296828
are you implying Mainoo isn't a favourite? people haven't shut up about him for a year
>>
>>144296828
like Scholes that Guardiola loved. this potato will probably seethe about that and argue that Lampard and Gerrard were better. but their goals he will cry to the sky and ask what, what did Scholes do?
>>
potatoes will try to pretend that Scholes wasn't the one that Guardiola loved and that all the quotes are made up but why don't they just read this article?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1355726/Xavi-interview-Paul-Scholes-best-midfielder-20-years.html

both Xavi and Xabi were down for dickriding Scholes and Ireland is just some rock off the coast of Wales
>>
>>144298435
sorry I don't rate Scholes.
>>
>>144298601
yeah well Sturm Graz a shit
>>
>>144298633
wew, you take that BACK.
>>
>>144298435
>Xabi
Mad how quickly this managerial genius has been forgotten.
>>
Reminder that Giggs and Scholes were both omitted from Roy Keane's best Man United 11. I'm pretty sure he knows more about talented footballers than anonymous mong Manure fan on /sp/.
>>
>>144299528
>I'm pretty sure he knows more about talented footballers than anonymous mong Manure fan on /sp/.
if he did he would still be managing instead of taking the easy pundit route
>>
McTominay just scored a great goal vs Portugal. You let him leave for peanuts lol!
>>
>>144300147
What I love about McT is that now that he's on form, people like you who used to call him shit now has deep respect for him. So much so that you can't help but hype him up when he scores.
>>
Manchester United aren't a competitive team any more.
>>
>>144300147
Gilmour scored last week, don't think he ever scored a goal for Brighton
>>
>>144300480
Nope, he's still a cunt.
>>
>>144300683
correct
in fact he has never scored a club goal in his senior career
>>
>>144300491
haven't been for a couple of years now but a few top 4 finishes and the FA Cups papered over the cracks pretty hard (for their fans) but if you just take a few steps back and look at the bigger picture the are were fortunate, and have been, to finish anywhere near the top 6.
>>
>>144301007
>look at the bigger picture the are were fortunate, and have been, to finish anywhere near the top 6.

This is the biggest thing for me, if you watch them regularly you see how ridiculously far off the top clubs they are
>>
call me mad but diversity quotas don't belong in football
>>
>>144301071
yeah and they haven't done a single thing to fix their squad, no players to improve them despite spending hundreds of millions. As long as they won't sack Ten Hag they will continue to suck.
>>
>>144301071
When a top club fail to beat a shitter people take notice. When United fail to beat a shitter it should be treated as nothing different.
>>
>>144301281
I fucked that up. I meant to say it should be treated as nothing special. There's even an argument that some of said perceived shitters have surpassed United.
>>
>>144301417
true, still funny how pundits and friends pretend to act shocked whenever United lose against the likes of Brighton and co. - that is the new standard and to be expected.
>>
>>144301717
>still funny how pundits and friends pretend to act shocked whenever United lose against the likes of Brighton and co. - that is the new standard and to be expected
It should be, but there's a certain denial about how fucking terrible United are. The fact their cup win last season was treated as if they were Watford winning in the 2019 final should say everything.
>>
Why are all the youtube highlights for the nations league from tudn? have i missed some licensing rights fuckery?
>>
>>144296260
Doesn't really matter cos he'll be benched the minute Bellingham is fit
>>
>>144301717
It's like that article a couple weeks back calling Brighton a "bogey team" for United. The reality is they're just 2 teams on a similar level
>>
>Marine finally get promoted against all odds, even beating Robbie Savage's club in the final
>Half of the squad immediately signed by clubs with more money
>Don't even get money for them
>Now barely able to score a goal and will almost certainly get instantly relegated back down

Lower league is fucked by money even worse than the PL/Championship is
>>
>>144304052
Don't forget the transfer window doesn't close in non-league until the penultimate week of March meaning you can have star players taken at any time
>>
mad how arsenal has the worst youth program in england

still remember when they were selling nketiah as england's great hope loool
>>
>>144305629
wasn't he like record goalscorer for the U21 NT or something like that? Not that it means much but still. Also most academies suck, at least they have Saka who is world class.
>>
>>144269500
reeling at how obese this man is
>>
Guys it only took 2 years but Darwin Nunez is finally able to speak a bit of English
>>
>>144292785
corr BRAT
>>
>>144296260
Yes, he's still willing to actually try shit for England more like when he played for Villa.
>>
>>144304052
>>144304270
that shit has ruined so many lower league saves for me on FM (with the modded database that goes down to level 10 of the pyramid)
no loyalty
>>
>>144309076
That's just the nature of non-league unfortunately. You'll see players join and leave clubs all the time. Some are even on dual registration.
>>
>>144309276
yeah. obviously it gets fine once you can offer actual contracts but the non-contract grind below national league north/south sucks ass
>>
never managed to get out of non-league without going into massive debt, though it didn't seem to matter much i never got the sack or anything at least in earlier fms
>>
>>144292785
ჰაჰაჰ
>>
>>144269921
i've been wondering if kane is naturally a midfielder who is unnaturally good in front of goal and it might be the reason his teams always seem to underperform despite his staggering numbers
>>
>>144309642
maybe he's too retarded to realise it
>>
>>144269921
>>144309642
Kane played most of his youth football career as a all round midfielder, gradually becomes a striker by the time he breaks into first team football . this is uncontested fact.
>>
>>144312288
i mean basically every player who's ever lived wants to play further forward
this is a bold claim on my part but i think it's his managers who see kane as "a centre forward who can also pick a pass" and get googly eyed when it's reading him totally in reverse
it's very interesting that he started as a holding midfielder at spuds and you can still see it in his body language when he's on the ball from deep
>>
>>144312678
so yes then
>>
>>
File: 1711033165270845.png (590 KB, 976x549)
590 KB
590 KB PNG
>>
>>144314386
Looks like that one Ant and Dec made of Beckham
>>
File: happy pepe.png (528 KB, 3168x3080)
528 KB
528 KB PNG
Liverpool football club will win the league
>>
>>144315138
good post but the Uruguayan Primera División is a challenging league
>>
File: 20240909_122845.jpg (490 KB, 1080x1350)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
I'll never forget you
>>
The fact is cristiano ronaldo is a rapist
>>
>>144319350
Arse rapist
>>
>>144308894
forgot he still existed lol, the evolution meme is dead
>>
Who is that fat guy? It kind of looks like Wayne Rooney.
>>
>>144315138
>relying on your 30+ years core to win the season
always works, just like last season!
>>
https://twitter.com/HugoNM31/status/1832757107386441843

>It doesn’t get spoken about enough how awful Barclays attendances used to be

Interesting use of the title sponsor as a substitute for the actual name of the league.
>>
File: 5409-jpg.jpg (505 KB, 1280x1280)
505 KB
505 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/markfefc/status/1832733394003697671

>footy in general is just shite now isn’t it compared to them early 2000/2010s years
>>
>>144320110
This is the thing some do now where they refer to that era to the Barclays era + yes I know Barclays are still a sponsor but that was when they were the titular sponsor
I suppose the PL has been around long enough to be split into eras though I wouldn't personally use terms such as that
>>
there were never any 'soulful' eras of the premier league, it was the super league of its time
>>
File: gibraltar cucked.png (24 KB, 1241x247)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
Everybody talking about the Scotland Portugal game but we should be talking about this.
>>
>>144320110
the average attendances in these seasons were 35k and 36k. last season it was 38k. I don't know what this guy was talking about

>>144320458
no, the super league of its time was the CL. it was literally created in response to big boys who didn't want to lose out of revenue by being knocked out early. sound familiar to clubs today who always want to be in Europe?

shows stupid and unprincipled fans are. the pl and cl are fine because they are the status quo but any new change is not. the lesson to learn here is that the fans are fickle idiots and just to push changes through because a few years down the road those same fans will try to defend the new status quo
>>
>Enzo Maresca: “I’m very happy to have Sancho at Chelsea, he’s here because we like that kind of player who can help in 1vs1”.

>“He’s key - especially against a low block, we need him”.
Did he even watch him play?
>>
>>144320577
Maresca has the definite air of a fraud about him, willing to say anything in pressers with no substance to any of it. I'm sure the last time he saw Sancho was when he was still at City.
>>
https://x.com/England/status/1833082923773227261
England directly announcing that Kane will be starting tomorrow
This was the direction the FA leaks were always going, a full XI announcement 24 hours before the match
>>
>>144320577
Maresca doesn't sign or sell players lad, he just says whoever they signed is great or whoever they sold is shit
>>
>>144320742
We already knew he was because it's his 100th cap.
>>
>>144320772
This. I'm guessing Anon has brainrot if they thought any other player would be starting in that position.
>>
>>144320742
Big chance for Carsley to gain my respect by dropping Kane
>>
>hmm let's drop the striker that's running riot in the bundesliga and has been the top scorer at virtually every international tournament he's been in
i'm so glad managers don't consult 4chan lol
>>
>>144320848
Or: It was an obvious joke
>>
>>144320885
Yid Army go protest
>>
>>144320914
great post
sucking off Kane is all they have!
>>
>>144320914
i am literally from tyneside. please take your meds.
>>
>>144320910
Pretty shit attempt at a joke then pal.
>>
File: fight song.png (7 KB, 415x323)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
wtf
>>
What was the last good game Kane played for England?
>>
>>144320942
Define good and I can give you a response.
>>
>>144320934
>Fight songs

"In March 2014, a re-recorded version of the song—featuring vocals from Barlow and other pop singers such as Eliza Doolittle, Katy B and Spice Girls members Melanie C and Emma Bunton, and former footballers such as Gary Lineker and Michael Owen – was announced as the official song for the England football team at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil."
>>
>>144320950
The song is so bad too I'd only be fighting Gary Barlow if it was played
>>
>>144320948
I'll let you decide what it means
>>
Southgate you're the one
You still turn me on
You can bring it home again
>>
>>144320942
the one where he played really well...you know the one...that game
>>
>>144320965
Probably versus Ukraine in the Euros. Scored two goals, was knock-out football in a major tournament.

But he scored a hattrick against Montenegro, Bulgaria, Panama (World Cup game), Albania and scored four against San Marino.
>>
Southgate you're a mong
You still rub me wrong
I'd to smash your dome, my fren
>>
Harry Kane's best opponents
>San Marino: 5 goals
>Albania: 4 goals
>Bulgaria: 4 goals
>Germany: 4 goals
>Malta: 4 goals
>Montenegro: 4 goals
>France: 3 goals
>Italy: 3 goals
>Panama: 3 goals
>Ukraine: 3 goals
>>
>Rodrygo 'upset' by Ballon d'Or shortlist omission
RM players are such entitled dogs
>>
>>144320989
>>144321006
san marino are objectively a rising power in world football tbf
>>
Harry Kane's goals per competition
>World Cup
>Apps: 11
>Goals: 8

>World Cup Qualification
>Apps: 14
>Goals: 17

>Euros
>Apps: 17
>Goals: 7

>Euros Qualification
>Apps: 21
>Goals: 23

>Nations League
>Apps: 19
>Goals: 3

>Friendlies
>Apps: 16
>Goals: 8

How is he so shit in Nations League.
>>
>>144320989
He got 2 against Italy last year, surely better than 3 against Ukraine in 2021
>>
Think if Haaland signs the contract he's going to demand a £120m release clause is put in, something he knows Madrid will pay.
>>
what do you guys think about giving Lee and extension till the end of the NL group games if he does well against Finland?
>>
>>144321026
He's worse in the tournaments, 3 last Euros and 2 in the prior World Cup. It's simply not a decent return for his talent (which is riddled with asterisks).
>>
>>144321038
Suppose, but it was Italy, wasn't it. They hadn't even gotten to the World Cup.
>>
>>144321020
I'm so tired of the discrimination that we have to face in this world
>>
>>144321057
Whatever you do, do NOT look up the major tournament records of previous English strikers (LEGENDS)
>>
>>144321163
To be fair, if Lineker, Shearer, Wright played Panama, you'd expect a fair few goals.
>>
>>144321176
I might have included Owen in that list, but only prime Owen, not 'his leg fell off' Owen.
>>
>>144321204
I think even that Owen would've picked up more goals in tournaments than Kane. People forget this because he's a boring cunt of a snake but he was a great goalscorer.
>>
>>144321163
>rppney's first ever world cup goal was in 2014
baffling how shit he was for england outside of the 2004 euro
>>
>>144321258
Kane gets an entire article dedicated to his international goals. Owen's are just slapped onto his page. Also I chuckle when typing in 'Owen international goals' I got Owen International Airport first.

However Owen DID single-handedly beat the Columbians in a friendly 3-2. Scored a hattrick.

But he was cursed with injuries. Broke his foot in 2005, then tore his ACL against Sweden (I remember that match and going 'Well, that's us fucked then') and was never the same player. Scored against Jamaica, Estonia, Israel and his last England game got two against Russia.
>>
>>144321300
Yeah that's fair, once Owen was crocked he was clearly finished.
>>
Thought on Wrexham potentially getting promoted to 2nd tier? They're doing well in L1 so far.
>>
File: GXCBqWTXYAAo7Bx.jpg (185 KB, 1080x1080)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
What a surprise
>>
>>144321341
Well no knighthood for you Gary ol' bean.
>>
My midfielder
>>
>>144321425
>I'm a heckin tuff guy, dis is my gwumpy face, grrr
>>
>>144321425
He bothered to turn up so he is now the player we associate with the term 'cold'
Rentboys, direct any complaints to your lone good player
>>
>>144321341
Looking forward to
>the anthem doesn’t really represent modern Britain
>do we need such forced displays of nationalism?
>the Americans have it right and we should have a Black (capital B) national anthem
And other such classics
>>
>>144321444
Mad how Foden, Watkins and Palmer didn't turn up. Three best players from three teams in Top 4. Weird coincidence, isn't it. Shocked to see Saka and Rice didn't bail.
>>
>>144321462
Sorry, two players from Top 4, and one from Big 6.
>>
>>144321462
Wasn't Watkins playing with an injury before the break? But yeah, you would think they would at least force Saka to sit him considering that he's going to be playing like 60 games.
>>
still cannot believe trent alexander arnold is getting call ups for england lol, its like the FA are admitting they give up
>>
>>144321334
Would be a laugh, media would love it.
>>
>>144321270
Not baffling at all. England were stitched up by the eternal Scot menace, Alex Ferguson
>>
>>144321496
Who should've been called up instead?
>>
>>144321564
a defender
>>
>>144321564
My boy KTripz hehe
>>
>>144321564
Talk Ben White round.
Failing that either Livramento or Jack Hinshelwood
>>
erik's at the wheel
>>
File: united.png (42 KB, 847x867)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>144269500
>>
>>144321527
at the WC, rooney couldn't score against international behemoths such as
>paraguay
>trip advisor and trivago
>ecuador
>USA
>slovenia
>algeria
and blaming it on ferguson is weird considering that these tournaments were play during off-season
>>
What's with the floods of 'le good ol' Barclays' era' posts in x?
>>
>>144321564
Livramento, assuming you cannot convince White to join. Best alternative is James but the guy is always dead. Walker is good but old.

>>144321571
Trippier has retired.
>>
>>144321583
I understand wanting a better defender in Ben White, who probably isn't called up for disciplinary reasons, >>144321800 but do you really believe Livramento is a better option than TAA right now?
>>
>>144321840
TAA works against shitters because Rice and Mainoo (or Henderson, Phillips, Gallagher whomever is with Rice) deal with the vast majority of the issues before they become such and therefore TAA's suspect (at best) defending is never exposed. There is a reason Southgate didn't play him there in tournament football. Ignoring the fact TAA has his dick sucked for 'his passing' when he booted at least half a dozen balls out for goalkicks against Ireland, he just doesn't have the defensive chops. Livramento isn't perfect but I am a big advocate for getting them settled in early and what better opponents than League B tier ones? If England lose/fail to get promoted because of mistakes the RB makes then there are much bigger issues than the RB.

Watching the highlights of the Ireland game, Saka and Rice did fantastic passing triangles, one touch, forward passing and lead to a goal. I believe - personally - that White at RB would make the right side much better for England simply because White and Saka play week in week out together. Who to play if Saka isn't there? Well in a perfect world, you'd play Palmer and James on the right. But James is injured and Palmer can't be bothered to turn up. I think that is the best option England can do assuming White doesn't come around or isn't picked. James and Palmer. But this is so reliant on Palmer not being dead and that isn't possible so, yeah, get Livramento building a partnership with Saka (only because Saka turns up, he could try and build one with Palmer or Madueke).

I've also long championed trying TAA as a RW instead of Saka as well.
>>
>>144321895
I'll also add I'm not sure actually if Madueke is bought in to be a RW or not. I assume so. But Bowen is also there and he is clearly the CF back up. It is really quite grim how we've gotten to the stage where there are no good strikers for England* and we're forced to use fucking wingers as make-shifts.

*that bother to turn up
>>
File: khazar.webm (3.72 MB, 720x1280)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB WEBM
why so few openly Jewish players in the Barclays Premier League?
>>
actually pathetic England players don't even turn up to represent their countries and certain fans and fanbases advocate for it. can't imagine feeling that way about my national team. Although I suppose a lot of the fans on social media are Nigerians who don't care about England.
>>
quite grim that we have to specify "players that can actually be arsed to play for their country" every time we talk about england. are we the most depressing nation in international football right now?
>>
>>144321953
They don't play sports. They're more into ownership and being agents. Less work for money.
I also have a jewish gf with massive tits not unlike the demons in that video, although mine has a prettier face. So appreciate them being open about their use.
>>
>>144322009
>are we the most depressing nation in international football right now?
it's a strange thing
if we'd kicked on as we should have done after that 73 minute equaliser in the Euros final, and taken advantage of that 5 minute spell where Spain looked a little shellshocked, then we'd all be sitting on cloud 9 talking about a potential World Cup victory in 2 years

fine margins
>>
>Guardiola wants to manage England on the condition he doesn't have to sing the anthem
does /epl/ accept this or nah?
>>
>>144322040
wouldnt happen lol, hes such an attention whore that hed probably sing it louder than he sung the spanish one in his playing days. he'll do anything for clicks
>>
>Kelleher: “I’ve made it clear in the last few years that I want to leave to be a number one”.

>“Sometimes from the outside looking in, it looks like maybe that’s 100% my decision but maybe at times it's not always in my hands as well”.
>>
>>144322072
He wants to be a 1 but Liverpool treat him like he's a 2
>>
>>144322040
he could take a shit on the flag every match and people would still have him
>>
>>144322054
not really about if it would or wouldn't happen, m8. it's a hypothetical to see if /epl/ values singing ability over coaching ability for the NT manager
>>
>>144322099
do the English just hate bald Irish then?
>>
>>144322127
No.
Jewish newspapers looking to create division don't speak for the populace.
>>
File: irish.png (129 KB, 667x731)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>Declan Rice and Jack Grealish have been blasted by Liverpool legend John Aldridge for deciding to play for England, despite previously representing the Republic of Ireland
>>
>>144322157
They may as well ask Berbatov what he has to say about it
'Scouse Not English' so fuck off Scouse rat
>>
we're all in here lads

>>144321028

>>144321028

>>144321028
>>
What's set him off now?
>>
Cataclysmic disaster of a thread
>>
>>144322025
it wasn't fine margins. you were nowhere near winning that final.
>>
England's new formation/XI:

Pickford
Guehi Stones Colwill
TAA Mainoo
Rice Bellingham
Saka Foden Gordon
>>
>>144322285
bellingham will never play that far back even though he should
>>
>>144322285
Alri Pep.
>>
>>144322295
he's playing as a ten in that formation but really it's very fluid

>>144322373
Carsley can do it. his teams are very much all over the place according to that bloke off fourfourtwo on YT
>>
>>144322448
I find that bloke's analyses deeply suspect desu
>>
>>144321895
>Livramento isn't perfect but I am a big advocate for getting them settled in early and what better opponents than League B tier ones?
Right, but is he actually better? Spain probably have the best side now, and Lamal plays for the direct rivals of Carvajal's team, and they get on fine.
Since England would prefer to be the team on the front foot (and realistically, there are only a handful of European teams England are worse than) then shouldn't they use the RB who is best in attack, since they would be attacking for most of the game anyway?
I guess this all comes down to my opinion that Trent is arguably the best RB in England currently. As much as it pains me to say, his crossing is simply superb. Who's better than him in picking out a player when running down the line? I understand your point on promoting depth, but that's just international football. You get shut out for players who simply have tenure, or who are just simply better than you, all the time. There are countless examples.
>>
>>144322022
>They're more into ownership and being agents. Less work for money

Henry Ford did an excellent piece on this btw
>>
>>144321953
Aren't Jews supposed to be funny?
>>
>>144322221
>What's set him off now?
United lost to Liverpool just before the international break and it's driving him insane.
I understand forgetting this because the media saw fit to bury any talk about it straight after it happened, meanwhile if United had beaten any top 12 side we'd still see DM articles about it.
>>
>>144322793
As did Oswald Mosley, especially when he linked it to globalisation and international business.
>>
>>144322892
Is that when he's talking about the poor foreign devils and the coolies catching tuberculosis and the financiers? It's a good one.
>>
>>144321689
>Ole memoryholed
Club legend btw
>>
>Manchester United sensation Ralf Rangnick has claimed he was right about Manchester United, doubling down on the 'open heart surgery' remarks he made on his departure and sending out a fresh warning to manager Erik ten Hag.
>He said: 'I probably made that statement when the season was almost over about two years ago.
>'It is probably only two or three weeks since Erik ten Hag was asked the same thing. Then he said that I was right in my analysis. I don't know how many players they have signed since, but it looks like I was right.'
>>
Why won't the Yid Army protest?
>>
File: 1541117448471.png (196 KB, 431x492)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
>Manchester United sensation Ralf Rangnick
>>
>>144322801
they're not. that's why everyone is waking up to the fact that Frasier>Seinfeld
>>
>>144322972
awful post
>>
>>144323002
>fat American defending Shitfeld
you're the only country that actually likes it. everyone else sees it for how awful it is
>>
>>144323002
In the confines of his smelly bedroom it's completely true so there's no point debating it
>>
>>144323002
Full support to Jerry Seinfeld sirs
>>
>Lee Carsley on what he wants his team to bring to this game: "It's important that we are exciting to watch. I think when fans come and watch England play at home, they expect attacking football, they expect chances to be created and to play with a tempo."
>>
>>144323002
>How dare you insult our Jews?!?!
>>
>Manchester United have formed a new strategic partnership with the city’s authorities to maximise wider growth and regeneration opportunities as part of their ambitious stadium plans.
>United, Trafford Council and the Greater Manchester Combined Authority are creating an advisory team, led by an independent director, to oversee a joined-up vision for plans to transform the Old Trafford area with a new stadium as its centrepiece.
>The group will ensure the work of the Old Trafford Regeneration Task Force established by United co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe in March to explore options to build a new stadium or redevelop the club’s existing home is closely aligned with the current Trafford Wharfside redevelopment project.
Get ready to fund United's return to the top, lads.
>>
>>144323025
awful post
>>144323033
good post
>>144323086
/pol/ schizo awful post
>>
>>144323002
Idiot. Frasier is the best US comedy show.
>>
>>144323394
its good but seinfeld is better
>>
>>144323394
>show
FOY
>n-n-no I-
FOYHY
>>
>>144321895
>There is a reason Southgate didn't play him there
He's a clueless manager?
>>
>Aston Villa legend Gary Shaw is reportedly in hospital in a serious condition after suffering a head injury following a fall.
>Shaw, 63, is an figure at Villa Park after he helped the club to win the First Division in 1981, while he was also a crucial part of the winning team for Villa's 1982 European Cup, a now-dead competition.
>Wife-beating icon Stan Collymore, who also played for the club, posted on X: 'Villans, Gary Shaw is very poorly in hospital after a fall. I'm sure the Villa family will rally round and give one of our greatest our love and support at this incredibly difficult time.'
>>
>>144323613
lmfao your best yet
>>
We at /epl/ say 'Get Better Soon' to Gary Shaw
Though as we all know, once an old person has a fall they never really get back up
>>
>>144322489
As I said, you can get away with TAA as a RB against smaller teams but he still ends up being a liability against stronger ones and I would rather a better all-rounder was there than TAA. As I said, I've long thought TAA was a winger just forced to play RB. Why he isn't tried instead of Saka/Palmer, I don't know. Try him against Finland.
>>
>>144323613
joey bartons silence on the matter is simply deafening
>>
>>144323394
no, that's married with children.
>>
>>144322906
That's the one.
Poor devils dying in squalor in workhouses with no hope of escape to find Wall Street. Do we not owe it to them to hope they have better.
>>
>>144323687
TAA had played against pretty much every world class left winger in the world and been basically brilliant
>>
>>144323002
>Muh genius and hilarious jewish overlords
>>
>>144323414
it's not. I barely ever laughed at that show and couldn't even tell what the humour was supposed to be. americans can never explain why it's funny either because they know it's mediocre
>>
File: blehm.png (366 KB, 864x853)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
>>144323835
>>
>>144323724
no thats an oasis song
>>
> Frasier > Seinfeld

Wow, didn't think this general could actually have good taste in anything.

>>144323687
Not an opinion I can agree with, honestly. Maybe in the Beckham/4-4-2 era Trent at RW would make sense, but it doesn't really anymore when wingers are more versatile these days.
>>
File: GXC_LQgWoAAsWdl.jpg (700 KB, 2300x1591)
700 KB
700 KB JPG
>>
>>144324219
I mean it doesn't make that much sense anyway because England wingers are designed to cut inside. There is no big tall lad to cross the ball too (I think England should be trying to develop one, however) either way, I'd still think TAA would be better as a winger than a RB. But whatever. We'll see how he does against Finland. A game England really really REALLY needs to win big by because Greece beat them 3-0. It's a fucking joke that England cannot thrash teams or go for the throat. 25 mins they tried, scored two goals (second one was great) and then stopped trying until final 5 mins when Saka actually got the ball and should have scored and Bowen should have tapped in Saka's cross. Kelleher is just a good GK and saved them but it should have been 4-0 easily.
>>
File: Inbetweeners.jpg (47 KB, 475x679)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>
>>
>>144324517
we remade inbetweeners? doubt that lasted long on air
>>
File: GXDNzCVW0AAkxep.jpg (587 KB, 2250x2813)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
>>
>>144321270
he wasn't good enough to play up front in club football so not really surprising
>>
for me, its always sunny
(dont have an opinion on wrexham or non league in general desu)
>>
>>144324554
>Iling Jr
racist
>>
>>144323002
at least have the decency to die on the curb your enthusiasm hill, seinfeld was nothing more than a short practice run
>>
>>144325234
no
>>
>>144324554
England might not even qualify. Ukraine will get the auto spot.
>>
>Wales scoring after 30-odd seconds because Montenegro can't kick a ball properly
Kek.
>>
>>144325561
Now 2-0 after 3 minutes
>>
File: GXDltDqXcAAxK7N.jpg (130 KB, 820x1023)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
Jerk chicken at Croydon FC

£10
>>
>England U21 still drawing with Austria U21
Not even going to get a chance to defend the title lmao.
>>
>>144325844
Oh silly me it's just a friendly.
>>
>>144325844
Maybe they could play more pacey blacks from london and the midlands
>>
>>144325844
Rodgers just scored a penalty. 1-0.
>>
>>144269500
is that Alex Jones taking the free kick?
>>
>>144324335
>England wingers are designed to cut inside.
All modern wingers in the top flight*

>There is no big tall lad to cross the ball too
Kane is big, and around 1.9m.

Also, despite how shit I felt England played under Southgate in the pre-tournament games, he's managed to do well with England in the big tournamens. That era where England had the wingers and forwards you described, were a disgrace frankly by comparison. Honestly, I think there is always unnecessary doom and gloom surrounding England in the press. There's really nothing to discuss untill Carsley has 5 games or so.
>>
HT England U21 1-1 Austria U21.
>>
>>144323831
I like the
>Is that worthy of Britain?
part when he's talking about the flag flying over these third worlders who are being exploited.
>>
File: GXDuso1XAAAMVVv.jpg (190 KB, 1080x1350)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>144326155
Looks like he copied the celebration of that player, you know the one who used to play for England?
>>
>>144326125
1.88 isn't really big these days. I'm talking about 190+. Andy Carroll (193cm), Peter Crouch (201cm). Hell I'm 194cm. So what was once tall is no longer really. Even then, being tall doesn't mean you're great in the air. The best aerial striker England probably have available now (aside from Kane but we know Kane has major issues in getting into the box for a cross) is DCL. After that Tammy Abraham. Then Toney.

In terms of 'upcoming' you've got Mason Burstow and Zak Lovelace. Nobody who's great in the air, but based on my youth games, those two were alright off the top of my head.
>>
>>144326318
those tattoos are terrible
>>
>>144326342
Right but what was the goal scoring record of those players vs. Rooney and Kane, for example? That era of football is dead, and good riddance.
>>
>>144326407
Except having the OPTION on the bench allows you to do something else when your current tactic is failing. Southgate could do nothing but like for likes. If it was 70 mins and a draw was looming, taking off a guy to put somebody big up front who is good in the air allows an alternative (and Pickford hoofing the ball isn't a problem). When Toney came on, things changed. Kane is no longer a lone striker.
>>
>>144326516
Toney is shorter than Kane. Also, like you said, being tall in the air doesn't really mean you can convert crosses to goals. Watkins is also still an option, just not in this camp because of injuries.
>>
>Manchester City are reportedly set to hand Pep Guardiola a £100m transfer budget in January to help bolster his attacking options
Cor they might win 114pts then instead of 112pts!
>>
>Manchester United have reportedly made an approach for 21-year-old Sevilla winger Juanlu Sanchez but face competition from Real Madrid
Where's the Indonesian United Fan (we need to give him a gimmick name t b h) as I want to know his views on this.
>>
>>144326699
sounds like the hispanic jadon sancho
>>
>>144326735
(exactly)
>>
File: 2014 rooney.png (648 KB, 724x543)
648 KB
648 KB PNG
Just went to show a Yank friend of mine Rooney through the ages and I took a pic from 2014 and he actually looks alright here. Like not a goblin, not what he is now.
>>
File: wayne-rooney-man-utd.jpg (182 KB, 1600x900)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>144326816
Beware the pie pipeline.
>>
>Odegaard broke his foot
Well that's Arsenal's season over lol. United fans will talk about 'injuries' yet Arsenal have now three players out for months.
>>
>>144326892
Odekwaab
>>
>>144326318
>Joker tattoo
Fucking hell he would've been 6 when that film came out
>>
File: file.png (63 KB, 1304x356)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
arsebros...
>>
>>144326936
There is a song from a band I like that I think has disbanded called "Hero One" and it has that line in it. I heard that song before I saw the film.

>>144326953
See >>144326892 slowpoke.
>>
>>144326974
the fact is everyone prefers twitter screenshots to greentext
>>
>>144326953
genius idea to send Vieira out on loan when you've now got old man Partey and Jorginho as your two senior midfielders.
>>
Turkey just scored (no I won't use their tranny name).
>>
>>144327019
Turkey? What am I on about. I mean Montenegro.
>>
any arsewog fc man in
>>
>>144326953
>>144326991
I appreciate the variety
>>
Arsenal have been blessed for the past 3 seasons with a lack of injuries. This is karmic justice. Losing Odegaard alone makes them a doubt to finish top 4.
>>
>>144326953
Arteta OUT
>>
>>144326953
maybe i shouldnt have shat on certain players for staying at home as much as i did
>>
>>144327338
Hardly, wasn't Saliba out for ages as well 2 seasons ago
You're so weird
>>
>>144325582
>Now 2-0 after 3 minutes
>Wales have beaten Montenegro 2-1 in their Nations League match in Niksic
Fucking hell how shit are Wales?
>>
>>144326953
>city liverpool title race
KINO
>>
>>144326953
Arsenal have no CF and now no ten. They really are an average team/squad. Arteta out when?
>>
>>144327677
City wins lol
>>
>oh no now City will win the league by 20pts instead of 19pts
who the fuck cares.
>>
>>144327338
>with a lack of injuries
They lost Timber for 11 months last season.
>>
I already made that comment. Get your own ideas, cunt.
>>
Arsenal
>>
I suspect a certain somebody will cry about United's injuries but coinkydinky ignores every other team's injuries. Purely by accident, of course.
>>
>bringing up United when it's all about United
we see what you're doing
>>
>LADS IM SURE OUR MERRY BAND OF OVERRATED SHITTERS WILL WIN THE THIRD PLACE TROPHY THIS YEAR IF WE MOVE BRAPTHWAITE ILLINGS-NKONTO TO A HOLDING MIDFIELD AND PUT DAN WANKERTON ON THE WINGS HE'S GOT LOTS OF PACE AND POWER
>>
>I told the players everything that needed to be said. I can't repeat it for the media. If you can't handle the top level, the least you can do is give it 100%, and some of the players didn't even do that. Enough said.

What did Belgium captain Kevin de Bruyne mean by this?
>>
Make the new thread before I shit
>>
>>144328994
KDB has impostor syndrome. It's Gerrard all over again.
>>
new

>>144329182
>>144329182
>>144329182
>>144329182
>>
>>144269921
No

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.