[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images.png (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
News:
>The PAC-12 may be coming back from the dead. The two-team conference of Washington State and Oregon State is targeting Boise State, San Diego State, Colorado State and Fresno State as new additions in a reimagined Pac-6. Those schools are expected to soon apply or have already applied for membership into the conference — the first step in the process to complete the deal. They would join the league starting with the 2026 school year.
>UMass is rejoining the MAC.
>UConn/Big XII talks are on hold, though the door is still wide open according to both parties.

>Week Three
#20 Arizona v. #17 Kansas State (Manhattan, KS)
#7 Oregon v. Oregon State (Corvallis, OR)
#5 Notre Dame v. Purdue (West Lafayette, IN)
Tulane v. #15 Oklahoma (Norman, OK)
Washington State v. Washington (Seattle, WA)
Colorado v. Colorado State (Fort Collins, CO)
West Virginia v. Pitt (Pittsburgh, PA)

/cfb/ pick 'em: https://fantasy.espn.com/games/college-football-pickem-2024/group?id=a55c8e21-61f9-42a5-ae49-cb87e3371c2c

Password:PAC12afterdark
>>
For me, it's Realignment After Dark
>>
>>144365542
it is exciting news
>>
File: 1Auburn.jpg (60 KB, 521x613)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
For me it is the Auburn Tigers, the best college football team.
>>
Notre Dame only 5? Should be in the top 3 at least.
>>
File: mad sooners debel.png (319 KB, 487x938)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
Tulane?

You're dead.. DEAD!!
>>
>>144365529
Aztec bros we are so fucking back
>>
missouri tigers
>>
>>144365250
>>144365512
The MWC has some deadweight schools. The 4 schools targeted by Oregon State and Washington State are the most valuable. Those 6 are trying to ditch schools like Hawaii, Nevada and New Mexico. UNLV and Air Force are the next most valuable if they try to take more MWC schools. They have to reach at least 8 members to be recognized by the NCAA as a real conference, so I'm guessing they're going after a couple schools in other conferences first.
>>
>>144365529
Rebrand to WAC-12 or fuck off. Shan't be following a tranny conference
>>
>>144365631
go Green Wave
>>
EMAW, /cfb/! It seems that big news are shocking the West Coast and soon will be in the rest of the NCAA in the morning with the news of 4 mountain West schools joining the PAC 2, hope they can get a few more to get back in the game. I wished for those 2 to come to the Big 12, but hope they can be well with the others.
>>144365529
>Those schools are expected to soon apply or have already applied for membership into the conference — the first step in the process to complete the deal. They would join the league starting with the 2026 school year.
They're confirming it in the morning
>>
File: alumni-index-willie.jpg (201 KB, 1600x650)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>144365692
Forgot myself.
>>
>>144365672
>They have to reach at least 8 members to be recognized by the NCAA as a real conference
Would they poach ACU (Texas) and someone else?
>>
>pac-12 is back!
>Look inside and it's just a G5 conference wearing the pac's skinsuit
I don't know what I expected
>>
>>144365722
They will never be a real conference
>>
>>144365724
Can’t wait for the YWNBAW pasta adapted for the nu Pac-12
>>
>>144365719
I would guess UTSA and North Texas are their first targets. If they get really lucky the ACC implodes and Calford comes back.
>>
File: FV8zIPRWYAAdXGq.png (2.11 MB, 1177x1471)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB PNG
>not starting year one
>not starting year two

some team is going to take a chance on arch after he stars for one year, has a decent season, and get crushed

or in an even worse scenario, he has a bad season next year and is forced to stay in college for at least two-three more years
>>
>>144365753
Really don't see how traveling across the country every week can be sustainable
>>
>>144365793
Pullman -> San Antonio is only about 1 hour longer in a plane than Pullman -> San Diego, it's really not much farther than the conference would already be spread out. Muh comfy regional conference isn't possible west of the Mississippi because of the larger distances between schools. Even the original Pac 12 wasn't that regional. Seattle -> Boulder is almost the exact same distance in the air as Phoenix -> Lawrence.
>>
>>144365719
Just take the Dakota State schools
They have a better football pedigree than those schools
And I doubt the Nu Pac will have a better tv contract which is what expansion is really about anyways
>>
>>144365719
Wouldn’t UTEP be the logical choice? I’m from Abilene and they love football but I don’t know if they are ready for FBS they just built a new stadium and it’s capacity is small
>>
File: HUNTER BANANA.webm (2.09 MB, 1280x720)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB WEBM
>>
I can't think of one Colorado State fan who's happy with this. Their 3 biggest rivals are Colorado, Wyoming, and Air Force. None of which are in their conference now. Ain't no way is the money that good from this version of the Pac-12.
>>
>>144366379
I wonder if she peels bananas for the white players
>>
File: 1697911763324915.jpg (144 KB, 1024x1024)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>144366440
>I wonder if she peels bananas for the white players
there are white players?
>>
>Boise State
>Colorado State
>Fresno State
>Oregon State
>San Diego State
>Washington State

They thought we wouldn't notice.

I see what you're doing, Pac-12.
>>
How many college football coaches are fucking co-eds? Surely it can’t just be Bobby Petrino
>>
File: EXCITED BAND GIRL.webm (924 KB, 1280x720)
924 KB
924 KB WEBM
>>
File: satania1.png (1.05 MB, 1327x1866)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
I want to fuck satania's (and by proxy, OU's) fat tits.
Also, this weekend games are kinda lame. What are the upset games I should bet on?
>>
>>144365753
Why trade the American for this Pac-12?

Makes absolutely no sense. At least in the American you're playing in a somewhat regionally based conference. There's no way that the TV money from these 6 teams is worth traveling across 2 time zones to play games in middle of nowhere Oregon / Washington.
>>
>>144365529
PAC 12 realignment after dark
>>
>>144366724
BC over Mizzou
Tulane over Oklahoma
UNLV over Kansas
>>
>>144365719
Tulane and Memphis or a Texas school
Or they go with NDSU and SDSU
>>
File: GXP4TeJbgAA2mI-.jpg (152 KB, 1224x1629)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
I know who the last two PAC member are going to be
>>
File: primeape[1].jpg (60 KB, 535x556)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Coach Primeape
>>
>>144367153
You forgot UMass
>>
>>144367153
>Renamed the Pan-American Conference
>Has schools from Washington to California to Florida to New England
>Maybe even Hawaii
>>
Knute Rockne's legacy is 100 years in the making
>>
On this day, 5 days ago, Notre Dame lost at home to Northern Illinois
>>
On Saturday my Eagles are going to destroy Missouri :^)
>>
File: IMG_1400.jpg (294 KB, 1125x1039)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
G O L D Y
>>
PAC 2 official announcement expected in 45 minutes
The six schools are reported to be working together to decide who the final 2 schools should be for the new PAC.
>>
>>144367645
Did they actually manage to poach the MWC despite it making no sense for MWC schools or the PAC?
>>
>>144367655
They wouldn’t be doing this if the numbers didn’t make sense, they’d just join the MWC
The numbers make sense because the four they picked contribute like 75% of the total MWC deal. CW and others are likely going to give them a good tv deal they will only split among 8 schools (and maybe Gonzaga if they can poach them for hoops only) far above the other G5s
Wouldn’t be surprised if we see 15 million each given if they add Tulane this conference will run the table for the fifth CFP autobid just about every year
>>
>>144367733
I guess they could get tulane, usf, Connecticut, just go Coast to Coast
>>
>>144367655
It seems pretty natural to add SDSU, UNLV, Wyoming, and either Nevada or Air Force. The real question is do they take a chance on Hawaii or not. Not a lot to gain from adding them except for higher travel costs and more late night games
>>
>>144367763
>Adding a bunch of worthless poverty teams that suck is natural

Have you forgotten how conference merchants operate?
>>
>>144367763
The money it costs the PAC to get them is what I think was a barriwr
>>
For the MWC I think they’ll need to add 2-4, new poaching from PAC is unlikely outside maybe UNLV due to the cost of it. They’ll also be getting a lot of money from this which will sustain for awhile
>NMSU is the definite top pick as they wanted in for years
>UTEP probably joins them
>If more they likely have to look at FCS. Montana and Montana State being the top picks. If they deny maybe Idaho finds its way back in. Probably another Big Sky shitter might be considered
>Dakotas are a pipe dream. Wouldn’t be surprised if PAC tried for NDSU and SDSU if other options fail
>>
>>144367779
Who else can they add that gives them any sort of value? SDSU gives you the San Diego/so cal market, UNLV gives you the Vegas market, Air Force gives you Air Force/academyfags market, Wyoming keeps you in the mountain states along with CSU. Hawaii gives you nothing apart from some recruting, maybe. And the good Hawaii players are going to P2 schools anyways (usually Oregon, USC, or Washington).

Their only other option is to go coast to coast and pick up some rando AAC or sun belt team but those teams aren’t leaving for another poverty conference across the country
>>
>>144366476
hehe
>>
We’re officially back
https://pac-12.com/news/2024/9/12/general-ushering-in-a-new-era-the-pac-12-conference-strengthens-its-legacy-by-welcoming-four-respected-academic-and-athletic-universities
>>
>>144368085
It's a very stately conference
>>
Coach prime is gonna shock the world this week. His team is gonna rally together and smoke colorado state. We had a few minor setbacks but we are PRIME for a major comeback.

I live in colorado and paid money to watch the team play and they are BALLING this week in practice. Colorado state is gonna get destroyed

PRIME TIME
>>
i know you gents are embroiled in a very serious conference realignment discussion, but you see...nobody fucking cares about your nerd talk regarding limp dick leagues.
> THERE ARE GAMES TONIGHT
> Arizona State @ Texas State
7:30 PM
ESPN
> Northwestern State @ South Alabama
7:30 PM
ESPN+

If Deion Sanders was a gorilla, which banana would he pick?
>>
>>144368308
>>144368322
Coach Primate really about to lose to a PAC school
>>
I hate this shit, MWC was a kino basketball conference.
>>
>>144367801
They should go NDSU and SDSU as football only members. They're already in a football only league after all.
>>
My god this thread is already a mess
>>
Are they going to successfully get Gonzaga?
>>
What schools are left to take though? This is basically the MWC minus the worst couple of programs.
>>
>>144368329
the 2023 Colorado State team SHOWED how to beat Colorado last year. They gave every team in the country the blueprint on how fraudulent they were. Colorado has only won 2 game since last September against CSU and only by a margin of 8 points combined (Arizona/NDSU).

There is no saving this team in 2024. The sloppy game against NDSU is as good as they are getting. They aren't a play or two away from putting things together. Their entire team sucks from offense, defense and special teams.
>>
>>144368379
There are still decent basketball programs left, but all the football product has left
>>
How good is North Texas? I would have thought Arizona State would be favored
>>
/cfb/ - these niggas talkin BASKETBALL
>>144368383
>>144368373
>>144368379
>>
We’re gonna lose to fucking new mexico
>>
File: 1529254413716.png (48 KB, 500x500)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>144368085
>Boise St
>respected academics
>>
>>144368387
Texas State I meant
>>
>>144368440
They just absolutely smoked UTSA. And I think UTSA was the AAC favorite
>>
>Washington State
>Oregon State
>Boise State
>Fresno State
>Colorado State
>San Diego State
Now to add more
>Montana State
>South Dakota State
>North Dakota State
>Idaho State
>New Mexico State
>Nevada State
>Arizona State
>>
>>144368440
they have the jmu qb and a few transfers still pretty crazy
>>
You think Pac 12 can raid the AAC? That's certainly what they're going to try to do, Memphis, Tulane, Rice, and someone else.
>>
File: IMG_8694.jpg (166 KB, 1125x1380)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
God it feels good to be a B1Gchad
>>
>>144368481
It really depends on if they want to stay a west coast conference, or go pan-america. Also, that other school? Army.
>>
>>144368502
Why the fuck would add Army? If they wanted a service academy they would add Air Force
>>
>>144368513
First east coast school that sucks and doesn't make sense that came to mind. The other option was Rutgers but there's ZERO reason for them to leave the B1G, even if they're the mid level bar there
>>
>>144368322
I don’t think either game is gonna be competitive. That Arizona State RB is gonna rack up 400 rushing yards
>>
>>144368381
>https://x.com/maxtoscano1/status/1834071512992604277
a whole thread of colorado's OL visibly fucking up their assignments. there's no way on earth this is getting fixed in a week, maybe not at all this season. they are giga fucked
>>
>>144368465
S T A T E Conference
>>
WE PAC6 NOW
>>
>>144368481
Depends if schools want to, because the exit fees for MWC will prevent further schools from leaving (because they only get negated if like 9 schools leave and and that point you’re saving basically nothing and have the same conference anyway) and AAC doesn’t. But the geographic uncertainty and the possibility ACC might backload with those schools within 2 years is a possibility
They will ask Tulane, Memphis etc but would they accept if asked
>>
>>144368532
high level OL play is deceptively technical, you can't just throw angry apes in there, that's DL
>>
>>144368617
i agree, but they're not even executing average level OL play
>>
>>144365764
Future SMU qb Arch Manning
>>
File: Aupe.png (51 KB, 208x250)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>144365578
Based Tiger bot
>>
>>144368085
Bunch of soft S T A T E S in this conference
>>
File: 05272024_Walton_140655.jpg (76 KB, 780x1074)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>144368085
>strengthens its legacy
Conference of Champions!
>>
>oregon state
>wazzu
>boise state
>fresno state
>colorado state
>san diego state
>tulane
>memepiss
>UTSA
>Smu when the (((acc))) inevitably collapses
>gonzaga
>st. mary's

WELCOME TO THE RE-PAC 12
>>
>>144368532
>>https://x.com/maxtoscano1/status/1834071512992604277
1. its slide protection all the way with both backs picking up heat from the field. I have no idea why the RT is GOING DOWNFIELD to hunt for a linebacker.

2. in most offenses, it is the QB that calls the protection. He's the one thats going to need to know where to throw hot, so he needs the tools to protect his blindside.

3. Shedeur is not a good quarterback. It is a 3-step drop and only a half-field, 2-man read. The Y choice / hook to (6) Drelon Miller is OPEN. A competent QB throws to the open grass. Shitter waits until a receiver is wide the fuck open like in high school. They will NEVER be open like that in P5 or NFL.

picrel. this is when the ball should've been thrown (on the gather of the drop). The fact that he NEVER throws on time means he's the blackest, most gorilla ape retard ever to step on the field. He has his mother's hips.
>>
>Colorado state is a pac 6 school
kek
>>
Still trying to figure out why they took Fresno over UNLV
>>
>>144368808
Fresno State has the biggest football fanbase in the G5
>>
>>144368532
>colorado's OL visibly fucking up their assignments
its everyone elses fault but uh...you know who
> fire offensive coordinator
> blame Oline
> blame Travis Hunter for sitting out injured
> get new Oline
> get new offensive coordinator
> blame receivers
> blame running backs
LMAO
typical monkey shines
>>
>>144366476
Never been to a state named Fresno nor one named Boise.
>>144366496
Women love positions of power and authority so almost all of them have much younger women making runs at them. Having sex with undergrads probably isn't very common with head coaches but many of them likely have an "understanding" with their wives that allows them to have a mistress of some sort. The main criteria is going to be someone who can keep their mouth shut and is stable enough to not go bonkers in the press if things end. Lots of people at higher levels of power have these arrangements, not just head football coaches.
The real fraternization goes on at the lower levels. Position and assistant coaches are closer in age to undergrads and aren't as experienced with the potential downsides. Plus if something goes wrong, they can silently switch jobs to another program. A S&C suddenly going from Iowa to Oregon State isn't going to raise eyebrows like a head coach doing so would.
>>
>>144366496
>How many college football coaches are fucking co-eds?
if you only had a glimmer of an idea how degenerate most coaches are. They are still 'athletes' in their mind and party like Christian Peter
>>
>>144368808
UNLV has the better location but the football program is terrible and there is little interest. Their 5 year average attendance is barely over half of Fresno State's. They have a shot to get in at 7/8 though.
>>
>>144366496
Bro, have you ever seen the fundraiser side of college sports? It's all rich people being degen as fuck. I guarantee any major program coach is blue chewing and cruising
>>
>>144368532
Anyone who knew anything about football in general could tell you this was going to happen. Deion is an absolute retard to think all he had to do was go out and grab a bunch of scrub portal dudes and throw in a true freshman 5* and assume they would be a better unit. OL requires, after QB, the highest amount of football knowledge on the field (that's why you see a lot more white players at these positions than black players...it unironically requires higher IQ...center's, the most important position on the OL, are almost exclusively white). You can't just throw a bunch of randos together on the OL and expect them to be better, especially if your OL coach is low-level NFL scrub with literally ZERO history of coaching. Good OL's are built across seasons, not a single off-season. Deion has no awareness for the complexities of Line play on both sides of the ball.

Most skill positions are relatively simple. Run X route. Go through X hole. Cover X man/zone. Sometimes skill players have options, like on route choices or route matching, but in general, those positions are a lot less mentally demanding than QB or OL.

Deion has absolutely no clue what he's doing or how to fix it. The fact that he essentially admitted it after the NU game is proof his retarded has no intention of staying at CU after this season.

>Reporter: "Why was it so difficult for the offense to respond to Nebraska's defense?"
>Deion: "I have no idea."
>An actual quote by a P5 Head Coach who the media has told us repeatedly is the second coming of Nick Saban

WEAK CUMMIN
>>
(You) T A H
T
E
S
>>
File: just.jpg (124 KB, 1280x720)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
Pic related forced the PAC's hand by prohibiting Mountain West teams from scheduling WOSU outside of September. She thought she could force the PAC02 teams to join her conference on her terms. Instead they're becoming CUSA-West. The exit fees and penalties will be nice but will eventually run out, leaving the conference struggling for survival. They probably eventually have to merge with CUSA, though I'm sure they'd rather merge with the American.
>>144368373
There were rumors earlier in the week of them merging with the West Coast Conference, keeping football separate since only one WCC school has a football team and it's not FBS. That would get them Gonzaga and St. Mary's while keeping the football revenue separate. It would be good for everyone's non-revenue scheduling but it's questionable if Gonzaga and St. Mary's would see this as making their path to the tournament more difficult, which would be their main roadblock. Much more likely is some kind of scheduling alliance with the WCC for the non-revenue sports.
>>144368379
Wonder if they can get a waiver from the NCAA since the rapid shrinking of the conference wasn't really their fault. Let them ride at six teams for a while and see how things play out with the ACC's potential implosion and/or loss of the west coast outliers.
>>144368423
I can never cheer for our Tigers to lose but if it helped de-Freeze the Plains, it would be worth the pain.
>>
File: 1698361293103470.png (528 KB, 3300x2550)
528 KB
528 KB PNG
Here's your week 3 schedule, bros
>>
>>144368773
>screenshot
it's not just the moment in time, it's the whole play. like you said, the RT inexplicably fires downfield immediately (and arguably gets himself into ineligible downfield distance), but the LT goes after the LB in front of him and the C doesnt slide with the guards. if it is a slide, 3/5 of the OL don't know it.

I don't agree that the hook is open. in that screenshot, the LB splitting the RT is turning and driving the window in front of the target as Sanders is hitting his backfoot. If sanders throws there, it's picked and probably going back the other way for another pick-6. in the second or less between when he sees that, turns down the read, and tries to move on to #4 running the dagger in, the protection has already failed and sanders is fucked.
I'm not defending Sanders, I think he's a non-prospect. but there isn't even a chance for him to be shit on this play because the OL is totally uncoordinated.
>OC Pat Shurmur
WHAT DOES HE EVEN DO
>>
>>144368925
My head canon is Deion's "friend" Nick Saban told him his plan for building a team out of portal pieces was brilliant. Now Nick is sitting back and watching Deion get publicly exposed for being a moron.
>>
>>144368925
> Deion is an absolute retard
> Deion has no awareness for the complexities of Line play on both sides of the ball.
stud athlete that has been coddled his entire life to just show up and play on natural ability. Was always a mercenary not involved in building anything in his career.
49ers and Dallas teams were STACKED on both sides of the ball, but particularly on the defense. He was added as the cherry on top of the sundae, thinking he was a full course meal. At no point has this guy ever had to contend with how serious and nuanced a football PROGRAM is.
>>
>>144368853
Half the position coaches at my D3 school were fucking college girls on the weekends
>>
>>144368987
>>OC Pat Shurmur
>WHAT DOES HE EVEN DO
nothing, same as Sean Lewis.
Go look at the SDSU offense this year. It looks nothing like CU 2023.
If you know the story behind why Lewis left, you'd know why CU offense looks the same regardless of who the OC is.
>>
File: booba pepe.jpg (73 KB, 598x574)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>144369004
BOOTA
>>
>>144368987
>because the OL
how fast should the ball come out in 3-step from the gun?
You don't throw to open receivers - you throw them OPEN by putting the ball in open grass. The hook defender was running shallow. You put the ball behind him, your #3 receiver would be in that spot by the time the ball gets there.
These routes are all under 7 yards. DLine would be hard pressed to reach the QB without any blocking if the QB throws when he's supposed to. Shitter does this A LOT. He sits, hops, pats the ball on quick game. Look at his pick 6. The boundary hitch is open, but he gets to the the depth of his 3step drop...retreats more, hops, and stares down the FIELD #1 receiver like a mongoloid
>>
>>144368341
Utah State or New Mexico would win it now.
>>
Since Hawaii is only an associate member, does this put the Mountain West in danger of being dropped by the NCAA as a football conference? Excluding Hawaii, they only have seven members once the PAC defectors leave. No doubt they could simply grab some CUSA team to get to the required size but if they wanted those schools, they would have already invited them. Also wonder if this pushes Hawaii over the edge. They have a "temporary" stadium that everyone knows is never going to be replaced. Few programs find having an extra game enough of an incentive to bother scheduling Hawaii anymore. Is dropping down to FCS even an option given how much it costs to fly so many people around? Keep in mind how much larger football teams and their support staff are over non-revenue sports like volleyball.
>>
>>144368954
>Wonder if they can get a waiver
They already have a 2 year grace period. This is year 1.
>>
File: cuthrowingwindow.png (664 KB, 930x562)
664 KB
664 KB PNG
>>144369023
at worst, he commits an offense by settling at the top of his drop and not immediately pulling the trigger, but it is less than half a second between when he does that and pic becomes the throwing window
>>
>>144368038
>Wyoming keeps you in the mountain states along with CSU
wyoming adds nothing by adding them. the state has a smaller population than most cities and does most of their recruiting in Colorado anyway which is already covered by CSU
>>
>>
>>144368347
Based thread evaluator
>>
File: needed to be faster.png (1.02 MB, 1018x846)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>144369023
>>144369100
I'd add on that even committing the offense of getting to the first read slightly too slow, the 2nd read is absolutely comically open and the OL fucking up the slide or whatever it was they were supposed to do makes a viable 2nd read unviable
>>
>>144369093
Yes, that's by rule, not by waiver. If there's no immediately viable 7th and 8th team, would the NCAA allow them to go beyond the two year grace period by giving them a waiver? The NCAA is inconsistent with pretty much everything they do but generally does try to accommodate those who are impacted negatively due to the actions of other members.
>>
>>144369100
Q throws AWAY from defenders (that's "open grass"), which is throwing to where the umpire is.
>>
>>144369137
>2nd read
its 3step, its a quick bang-bang read.
On his drop he's see the #2 has anything with the vertical stem. If not , its immediate leverage read on the defender in that space vacated by #2. Is there a defender there? throw leverage on #3. Is there not a defender there? throw to #1. These are very simple decisions. The longer he waits, the cloudier the picture gets. You can't READ at the end of the drop. You read on your way to the plant step....gather and THROW.
he waits too goddamn long on every throw because he's just a Madden slop player. He's looking for guys to be wide the fuck open (thats why he only throws across the middle when its busted 2-high, shallow crossers or some sideline dropout. He cannot put the ball in tight spaces
>>
>>144369150
it's not a fucking crosser. screenshots don't capture it, the receiver is running, turning, and presenting his numbers to the QB. the read is to put it dead on the target. the LB gets into the window and the read is to move on. the QB doesn't get to decide "oh I'm going to target the grass by the umpire because NOW that's open," he has to move to 2nd read which is absolutely there but the protection is niggered and there's no time.
>>
>>144369190
>2nd read which is absolutely there
this guy says its not open. he's squatting/robbing on the inside throw
>>
>>144369186
>The longer he waits, the cloudier the picture gets. You can't READ at the end of the drop. You read on your way to the plant step....gather and THROW.
I agree BUT it is less than 1 second between when he hits the top of his drop, turns down the #1, resets to progress, and by that time there's already rushers collapsing down on him. There is maybe a half second chance for him to be on the dagger in and throw it, it should be a full second if the OL wasn't fucked and ran a protection the way any other competent P5 program does
>>
>>144369091
If you don’t have 8 members your conference won’t receive a playoff conference champ AQ, so probably. I don’t think Hawaii should drop to FCS and I don’t think it’s an option.
>>
>>144369224
>I agree
so we agree? Colorado is fucked. They are the blackest most negroed retards on the planet and will never win a game this year.
>>
>>144369198
i absolutely do not agree that he threatens the pass if Sanders pulls the trigger on it. the receiver is in breaking already, that defender is shuffling left. one guy has the existing momentum to outspeed the other if Sanders had the protection to throw it.
>>
>>144369091
>does this put the Mountain West in danger of being dropped by the NCAA as a football conference
No, because they would invite Big Sky schools before this happens. Likely UTEP and NMSU will be announced soon.
>>
>>144369295
oh yeah, Colorado's definitely fucked. Sanders isn't good, their OL is even worse. I just don't agree that Sanders is the cause of the problem on the play we're talking here. He is the problem on plenty other plays tho
>>
Geographically, which is of little consideration in these realignments but I'll consider it anyway, the Mountain West taking UTEP and New Mexico State makes sense. They're also travel outliers in CUSA, who is adding two more eastern/central teams with Missouri State and Delaware. Both conferences would be better off with those two programs going to the Mountain West.
Cal and Stanford returning to the PAC would be good but I bet Cal would rather shutdown their football program than be in a conference with Boise. Stanford is chilling in the ACC waiting for that Big Ten invite that might never come unless ND joins and brings them along.
>>144369233
Hawaii football looks less and less viable each day. They have a bunch of temporary waivers for their stadium situation. The NCAA has lots of rules exceptions for Hawaii that are permanent but the stadium stuff is temporary and there's no guarantee the NCAA will continue to extend them if there's no progress on building an actual new stadium that meets FBS requirements. They might end up as one of those "can you believe Hawaii used to have a football team and it even made it to a NY6 bowl?" bits of trivia like Detroit-Mercy once upon a time being a major program that won a natty.
>>
File: Jet.jpg (52 KB, 420x620)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>144369295
Virtue signalling should be painful and Colorado is getting what it deserves.
>>
File: 1709113984094961.webm (2.21 MB, 886x444)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB WEBM
>>144368986
>that night cap
>>
>>144369091
Mountain West is not in danger unless Air Force leaves to join the other military schools and might trigger more departures and PAC to take UNLV. Then they might not have enough
But now they are getting their own war chest and have easy expansion options who’d want to join. Even Hawaii football is going to survive this
>>
>>144369422
>Even Hawaii football is going to survive this
Keep in mind that Hawaii is a member of the Big West. That's their primary conference. Only football is in the Mountain West and that's as an affiliate. It's highly unlikely that Hawaii gets any of that PAC06 money.
>>
>>144368954
>Pic related forced the PAC's hand by prohibiting Mountain West teams from scheduling WOSU outside of September
That didn’t force the hand, the way I saw it it was actually a reaction. There would have been a lot of discussion and planning about taking schools, and even this week before there was smoke of SDSU and Boise getting announced to leave. She knew they were leaving especially when 2025 negotiations broke down, and maybe she knew more but not to what extent, and this was a final spite
We’ll hear about all this in some write up around a year from now how it went down
>>
>>144368986
>Peacock
Absolutely disgusting to put the Apple Cup on there
>>
I cannot see Air Force paying 11 million to join the AAC which is far farther away just to have the Army and Navy games they play anyway be in-conference
But if they did that’s when MWC is ogre
>>
File: 1522145424875.jpg (30 KB, 770x438)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>144365529
What the fuck?
>>
My alma mater is playing a conference game against Indiana in Indiana this weekend.

It doesn't feel right.
>>
Frontrunners for the last two PAC sports are currently considered to be Memphis, Tulane and UTSA
>>
File: lick.png (141 KB, 1494x1002)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
>>144369570
That game is at the Rose Bowl
>>
>>144369596
Memphis and Tulane are obvious. But I'm guessing they'll take two more.
>>
Memphis
Tulane
UTSA
UNLV
North Texas or Tulsa(with USF joining)
North Texas AND Tulsa(without USF joining)

If USF joins or doesn't Colorado State goes to the eastern division with the former AAC schools since it would be the closest while UNLV will stay with the coast schools.

Gonzaga and Saint Mary's for basketball.

West-Boise/Wazzu/OSU/UNLV/Fresno/SDSU

East-CSU/Tulane/Memphis/UTSA/USF/Tulsa or NT

There the Pac 12 is reborn.
>>
Surely after the AAC is raided, a better eastern G5 conference can be made.

I'm thinking JMU, App State, ECU, USF would be the anchor teams. Liberty if they're fine working with chuds. Then they invite 4-6 more teams of their choosing (whichever Central time zone teams the Pac 12 snubs) and you have a solid conference.
>>
>>144369664
PAC doesn't need shitty flyover and east coast schools.
>>
>>144369596
>>144369626
They should add 3 more. 9 schools gives you an 8 game round robin for football and a 16 game double round robin for basketball. It's smart for the Pac 12 to take some American schools. They're basically kneecapping their two biggest competitors for the G5 playoff bid. I don't see the MAC doing anything drastic, but this might cause the top AAC and Sun Belt schools to do a similar merger so they can cast off their dead weight next.
>>
>>144369694
Even numbers are better for scheduling. Though if they get Gonzaga then they would have even numbers for all non-football sports and it would be perfect.
>>
They only need two more to get to fbs conference requirements. Any more and they are diluting the upcoming tv deal payouts between the schools more then they are providing
So the best two of the AAC that makes sense for them to take. They need nothing more
>>
>>144369506
That is insane. I hate Peacock so much it's unreal.
>>
>>144369506
That’s Washington’s issue for whoring out
Next year it’s on CW :^)
>>
Its going to be Memphis, Tulane, UTSA, Gonzaga.

I don't get Rice. Rice wanted to join the MWC for years and has constantly been rejected, why would they now be invited to the even more exclusive MWC splinter conference? Especially when UTSA seems like they're on the rise and cares about their athletics more, its not like the Pac 12 is trying to be some academic conference (they already have Fresno State and Boise State lol).
>>
What incentive does Gonzaga have to go for the NuPAC outside three schools being geographically close? It’s basically the updated MWC
Will payout even be relatively worth losing St Mary’s and the nice niche they built out for themselves
>>
>>144369723
you vill watch ze androgonys kike that is noah eagle and you vill like zit
>>
File: 7.gif (529 KB, 498x374)
529 KB
529 KB GIF
>>144369829
>>
>>144369295
There is only one way to fix this: Fire Deion Sanders and rehire Mel Tucker
>>
>>144369664
There's no reason for the American schools to leave
They have the best tv contract in the G5, get on ESPN and ABC, and general going westward doesn't work well for non-Western teams
>>
If/when Deion leaves after this year, that roster is toast
Colorado will experience a worse than FCS Kansas run for a few years because they can think about stabilizing
>>
File: shut up pu tuhs.jpg (555 KB, 2800x1572)
555 KB
555 KB JPG
>>
ASU/Texas State tonight. A battle of old PAC vs NuPAC
>>
>>144370042
Texas State is not leaving the Sun Belt
>>
>>144370042
why would tstate go to the pac they just became d1 and have been udder shit their entire tenure
>>
>>144365529
>undead pac 12
Cringe. Coug and Beav should drop down to FCS and join the most kino conference in sports (Big Sky)
>>
>>144369829
Because the WCC is a shit conference and they see the writing on the wall that Gonzaga is going to leave which is why they added Seattle alongside the for profit online school they brought in.

Its time for Gonzaga to leave, essentially. They need to set themselves up for the future after Mark Few retires. Not just for their athletic program, but for their University in general. Non-academically small private schools like Gonzaga are struggling for enrollment, they need a premium basketball team to help drive admissions.
>>
File: kr elite qb.jpg (611 KB, 2665x1500)
611 KB
611 KB JPG
>>144369570
... and you will lose (it's a home game, btw)
>>
>>144368578
The United States conference
>>
>>144369664
This conference isn't better than the American there's no point for them to join.
Honestly don't see the point of this sidegrade conference when the best they can grab to improve are basketball schools.
>>
Prediction: Cal, Stanford, Arizona, and Arizona State will return to the PAC.
>>
>>144370332
Why would they?
>>
Pick'em games this week are a crapshoot
>>
>>144370341
Because being in a midwest/east coast conference is fucking stupid.
>>
Washington State’s president just confirmed on a recent interview they are looking at it being an 8 school conference
Which confirms they are only looking for two more schools for conference requirement reasons and likely have the two targets in mind
>>
>>144370362
Nobody who's making these kinds of decisions cares about that shit.
>>
>>144370332
Why would they downgrade from a power conference and better media deal to Mountain West 2?
>>
>>144370384
They'll be a power conference when they get two more teams.
>>
>>144365529
Outside of Col St those were all basically honorary PAC anyway. Throw San Jose St in there too
>>
>>144370362
Are you trying to tell me California is not on the Atlantic coast? Nice try I'm not buying it
>>
>>144370362
Going from a full Big 12 share to whatever poverty deal the Nu Pac 12 gets is pants on head retarded. Arizona especially won't go for this since they're a basketball school and they are finally in a conference with other basketball schools. I know Calford is on partial ACC shares but those grow over time and for them being with acceptable academic peers on the other side of the country is preferable to being with the Nu Pac 12's schools.
>>
File: 1725039679243.jpg (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>144370423
>>
>>144370444
Big 12 is a joke now, c'mon.
>>
>>144370464
Arizona is getting 30 million a year in tv money
The Nu Pac won't touch those numbers
>>
>>144370214
I’ve been reading teams are jumping to the PAC-12 because there is a $400+ million sack of cash that’s leftover from the old conference. Plus some predictions that a new tv deal could pay equal to or more than the AAC per team.
>>
>>144370464
If anyone who left the Pac 12 wanted to rebuild with Oregon State, Washington State and some MWC schools they would have done that instead of signing a GOR with a new conference. Nu Pac 12 would consider it a home run if they sign a media deal that is half what the Big 12 is getting.
>>
>>144370459
That's what I'm hearing. If the PAC-12 rebuilds by 2026, they get their auto bid back.
>>
>>144370384
Because bottom feeding in the ACC or BXIIIG isn't worth the marginal increase in money
>>
>>144370482
No fucking way does the CW pay out more than what the American is already getting
>>
>>144370484
Those teams panicked and left.
>>
>>144370500
B1G and SEC aren't giving up another potential at large bid for the Pac 12. It's more likely autobids go away altogether than they increase from 5 to 6.
>>
>>144370504
There's no chance the Big 12 teams are leaving. Calford would maybe have a chance but they're also the last two schools who care about academics and the academic might of Boise State is not very strong.
>>
>>144370528
>B1G and SEC aren't giving up another potential at large bid for the Pac 12.
It's not their decision.
>>
>>144370332
I figure the AZs will stay because even though it's totally irrelevant and an eternal joke conference, the Big 24 or whatever number they're up to now will somehow always exist to be the seething jealous little brother in both the BIG AND the redneck departments behind the SEC.
Stanford/Cal I could feasibly see going back. The ACC just feels like a sinking ship already, and if FSU/Clemson bail like they've been crying about for years (good luck now that they're both garbage) that will be the USC/UCLA first domino and it'll be gutted in 4 years
>>
File: UCLA_Sad_Pepe.png (93 KB, 327x367)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>144370181
Probably, we suck and have a
>black coach
>>
Air Force doesn't want to move conferences, Hawaii is too far and has problems with their stadium, and the rest of the schools in the Mountain West have historically sucked ass
Just get the Dakota States and be done with it
>>
>>144370528
Iirc, the Pac-12 had a two year grace period to get back into shape
>>
>>144370528
B12 and ACC also wouldn't give up a less likely at-large. American would probably have a problem with it too because they wouldn't see the Nu-PAC as better than them.
>>144370540
Then they'll split off lol. They didn't form mega-conferences just for a playoff spot to be taken by a G5.
>>
>>144370332
I know the pac-12 was run by a literal braindead retard grifter, but the core issue of the time zone can't be solved with more Pacific teams. Games starting at 10pm EST on a Saturday night will always have a smaller audience.

Pac-12 can be reformed but it's going to be a permanent lower tier conference.
>>
>>144370556
>They didn't form mega-conferences just for a playoff spot to be taken by a G5.
It would be a P5, not G5.
>>
>>144370556
Then they can split from the ncaa and have to go against nfl directly which will rape them, including potentially not being able to play Saturdays or nfl playing Saturdays
Their choice. NFL will win that battle if they so choose
>>
File: Untitled.png (255 KB, 1024x1094)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
THE PAC IS BACK
>>
>>144370567
I don't even know the guy's name but I just think of him as Jay Monahan because it was his exact type of ineptitude. For years it was just
>I have a biiiiiig deal set up I promise
>trust me guys I got this
>I have no facts for you just take my word for it major things are happening and our TV deal will be the amazingest
And then there was some report of lolappletv and USC immediately pulled the trigger that ended it all
>>
>>144370601
>Then they can split from the ncaa and have to go against nfl directly which will rape them, including potentially not being able to play Saturdays or nfl playing Saturdays
You don't understand what the Sports Broadcasting Act is. Its an anti-trust exemption written for the NFL. It doesn't state that pro leagues can't play on Saturdays, it states that they aren't anti-trust exempt if they do. College leagues don't need anti-trust exemptions.
>>
>>144370540
The conferences vote on it, but the ACC and the Big 12 aren't voting for more autobids either. Collectively the P4 aren't letting the midmajor conferences dictate the CFP's structure. A compromise might be going from 5 to 6 autobids and 12 to 14 or 16 teams total. 12, 14 and 16 team brackets all have the same number of rounds so you aren't adding any extra weeks.
>>144370552
That was from the NCAA to recognize the Pac 12 as a conference. They (and any other conference) has 2 years to get back to 8 members if they fall below that. It doesn't mean other conferences have to pretend the 2027 Pac 12 is just as strong and worthy of an autobid as the 2017 Pac 12 would have been.
>>144370567
The late night Pacific games are good for games between smaller schools. Arizona/Washington State at 10:30 EST will have more viewers than it would get at 3:30 EST because nobody is watching that game when it's up against bigger matchups earlier in the day but at least you'll get gamblers and CFB addicts tuning in to whatever is on late.

The Pac 12's time zone problem is the conference was entirely PST or MST. The best way to utilize that late night window is with just a handful of PST/MST teams. That way it's drawing in more fans from CST/EST staying up to watch their team/their conference plus the entire conference isn't written off as the late night meme game conference. Also when the PST/MST teams go play CST/EST road games that guarantees they won't be stuck in the late night window that week. This is why the ACC, B1G and Big 12 all have a handful of late night window teams now.
>>
>>144370601
>>144370625
This being said, P2 or P4 splitting off is still unlikely because of political reasons.

The presidents of universities don't want to give a reason for a Senator from Idaho to be unhappy with them, no benefits of splitting off are worth that.
>>
snoozer of a game slate this week. i think im gonna get drunk and go tubing down a river instead of watching these shit games
>>
>>144370620
USC and UCLA already left for the B1G long before the Apple TV shit happened. Oregon and Washington are the ones who peaced out when that deal was presented.
>>
What happens for the remainder of the Mountain West implosion?

UNLV and New Mexico also join 6Pac
Air Force to the AAC seems inevitable now
Hawaii to Independent
Nevada, Utah State, Wyoming???
Who gives a fuck tier: San Jose State
>>
Merge the PAC & Big 12, bring Stanford/Cal back. Get new name so we don't have two fucking Bigs with numbers that don't match
End the ACC and split the teams between the SEC and Big 18
3 super conferences of 24+ teams
Just fucking do it already
>>
>>144370670
> Hawaii to Independent
lol, lmao even
just kill the dying program
>>
>>144370648
Arizona-KSU, LSU-South Carolina, Tulane-OU, A&M-Florida, Apple Cup, and UCF-TCU should all be good games.
>>
>>144370648
Those kinds of weeks always have the most upsets and wildest finishes
>>
>tstate now favored by 1.5
wtf is going on bobcat bros?
>>
I, for one, am excited for the mini slate of rivalry games
>utah vs Utah state
>colorado vs Colorado state
>washington vs Washington state
>oregon vs Oregon state
>>
>>144370670
Air Force to AAC is obvious, but the rest will probably try to salvage the conference. Could try to bring up NMSU or UTEP from CUSA purgatory, or poach from the Big West and Big Sky.
>>
>>144370670
They won't take New Mexico
>>
>>144370670
MWC isn't going to implode.

Nobody else leaves and they add NMSU, UTEP and potentially Big Sky schools. You seem to think this is some video game where because Fresno State, Boise State, San Diego State, Colorado State leave that means everyone else has to leave because of some unknown reason.

This shit has already happened before. Its just the WAC to MWC transition happening all over again.
>>
>>144370760
>MWC isn't going to implode

it's imploding right now you retard
>>
>>144370758
Every MWC school they want has already announced they were leaving. Only way any other MWC schools join the Pac 12 is if they miss on AAC schools, which is unlikely.
>>
Honestly UTEP and NMSU are the biggest winners of the PAC coming back since they're the most obvious choices for the MWC and AAC to restock. Which also means CUSA will want to bring up a couple more schools you've never heard of.
>>
>>144370625
See that’s the kicker
With the way things are going one of two things that can occur
1. Sec and Big 10 can no longer classify as college leagues. They classify as corporations and competitors. As such they are not exempt and can’t play on Fridays or Saturdays
2. The NFL can lobby to get rid of this act, in which nfl can play Saturdays
Sec and B1G can’t just split from the CFP and NCAA to host their own while keeping the status quo
>>
>>144370772
No its not. It'll worse since they're losing all their top brands, but the conference will still exist.

UNLV, Nevada, NM, Air Force, Wyoming, San Jose State have no reason to leave unless they have a Pac 12 invite, which they don't, and the MWC has plenty of schools to backfill with, most notably two FBS schools in their region who have been begging to join for years and have been rejected and are currently in a southeastern based conference.
>>
>>144370670
They aren’t splitting
They will take NMSU, UTEP and maybe some FCS shitters and continue on
>>
>>144370806
>1. Sec and Big 10 can no longer classify as college leagues. They classify as corporations and competitors. As such they are not exempt and can’t play on Fridays or Saturdays
That's not how this law works.
>The NFL can lobby to get rid of this act, in which nfl can play Saturdays
They can lobby all they want, they won't be successful. The universities have too much influence over congress.
>>
Skattebo gonna run it down their throat for 3 hours
>>
>>144368481
I think they're going to try this option first before ultimately adding UNLV and 1 other West Coast school.

MWC will eventually either merge with C-USA or add UTEP + New Mexico State.
>>
>>144365753
If the PAC-12 can “survive” that mass exodus, so can the ACC if their premier schools bolt (in watered down form)
>>
File: mwc.png (261 KB, 1000x620)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
>>144370760
It's over bro
>>
>>144370827
I don't see Tulane and Memphis turning them down. I think they're pretty unhappy with the new additions that ESPN basically forced.
>>
>>144370833
The AAC, which has lost its best brands and will likely lose more in the future, isn't really a better option than the rump MWC that is at least geographical.
>>
>>144370057
Sounds like they'd fit in the PAC
>>
>>144370833
Who the fuck is this guy
>>
>>144370828
This, conferences don't dissolve.

Don't people understand this? The remaining members just add more teams, until it basically becomes a different conference but keeps the same name. CUSA has went through complete transformations like 3 times already.
>>
>>144370808
We've seen this before with the WAC
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (3.59 MB, 430x215)
3.59 MB
3.59 MB GIF
>>144370423
>>
>>144370867
Yes exactly, this has already happened before.
>>
>>144370833
Air Force isn't moving conferences without being forced
>>
>>144370482
If there are 8 teams AND they all get an equal share, that's a 1 time payout of $50 million. Nobody is giving up $20-30 million annually for that.
>>
>>144370833
I don't think they go to AAC.
AAC is unstable. Even if AAC only loses Memphis and Tulane this time, its only a matter time before it splits. The top schools of the AAC aren't really happy sharing a conference with UAB. USF doesn't like sharing a conference with FAU, ECU doesn't like sharing a conference with Charlotte. An AAC split is inevitable, with the top teams forming a new conference with the top Sun Belt teams.

The rump MWC is still a decent basketball conference also. UNLV, Nevada, Utah State, New Mexico are all solid basketball programs.
>>
>>144370507
Think about it this way. 8 team PAC and 14 team AAC. If you wanted every team to get $10 million how much would you have to pay?
AAC: $140 million
PAC: $80 million
You don’t have to pay out more in total, just more per team.
>>
>>144370851
Dennis Dodd
>>
>>144370507
>>144370949
You have to think of these payouts as representing "average media value".

In Pac 12, the average media value is higher since it only will include G5 teams with the highest value, while the AAC includes teams like Charlotte whose media value is basically 0.
>>
>>144370823
Based skibidi Skattebo
>>
>>144370932
>An AAC split is inevitable, with the top teams forming a new conference with the top Sun Belt teams

i'm tired
>>
>Deion Sanders said they're looking into the possibility of filing a lawsuit against Nebraska RB Dante Dowdell. Commenting on the play, Dowdell said he could have gone around Shilo and scored a touchdown but he ran over him instead because he was angry that Shilo told him "We're about to roll your asses" at the pre-game coin toss. Coach Sanders also hinted that they might ask for criminal charges for assault, as by Dowdell's own admission, the injury could have been avoided and his actions were personal instead of in the best interest of winning the game.
How did a "Public Ivy" so quickly turn into a clown college?
>>
>>144370860
>This, conferences don't dissolve.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_college_football_conferences
>>
>>144370833
I doubt anyone the Mountain West just gives up
I mean where would the rest go?
Air Force isn't leaving for the American. That would leave the rest of their sports in peril
The only one that's in an attractive market is UNLV
>>
>>144371005
>dumbfuck son talks shit pregame
>gets truck sticked by an RB in the field of play
>WAAAAAA HE HURTED ME
bunch of soft N I G G E R S
>>
>>144370838
Everyone in the AAC is unhappy with the new additions
>>
>>144370986
How much media value is Colorado State pulling?
>>
>>144370838
Tulane and Memphis aren't leaving for another non-power conference
>>
>>144371022
Lets see what we have here on the D1 level
>WAC
Continued existence as a non-football conference, recently kind of restarted football
>Big East
Rebranded as AAC, didn't actually dissolve it just sold its branding to teams who left
>A10
The conference still exists, Its football league just rebranded as CAA Football, it included both CAA and A10 schools they just changed which all-sports conference the football league branded as
>Big West
Still exists, just non-football

SWC is the last real example.
>>
>>144371048
More than UAB
>>
>>144371005
S O F T
>>
>>144370821
Ignore him. He's been pushing that angle all off-season. I suspect he's EEC poster because their word choice and grammar are very similar. No matter how many times other posters patiently explain to him the realities of the size and power of the alumni and fan bases for college teams, he ignores those efforts and gets more and more trollish with each post. He comes off as some kid that's a fan of some random CUSA and is endlessly angry that they don't get elevated into the P2 for no reason other than he really REALLY wants them to be a P2. If someone drops out of Middle Tennessee State and have not much going on in their life, posting troll shit here is better than too much self-reflection and introspection about one's life choices.
>>
>>144370821
That is how it works. It prevents football corporation like nfl playing on Saturday if colleges are playing nearby or Fridays if near high schools by making the broadcast impossible
As the Supreme Court has indicated, the top college programs do not count as student athletes providers but employers. As such, without the ncaa they will be considered a corporation fully, and as such at the same tier as nfl as not being a college or high school
>The universities have too much influence over congress
They can’t even fight against House and literal student athletes and you think they can take on a 100 billion dollar corporation lmao
>>
File: GXS6dvCbgAA1M7s.jpg (249 KB, 2014x1276)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
Honestly the Mountain West would do better to get the Montana schools rather than UTEP/NM State
>>
>>144370833
Air Force has already rejected the American once before
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/air-force-colorado-state-join-boise-state-san-diego-state-in-sticking-with-mountain-west-over-aac/
>>
>>144371005
No fucking way, is this real?
>>
so the PAC wants to add 2 more teams and return to being the PAC-8, who will they be?
>UNLV
>Nevada
>Utah State
>Wyoming
>San Jose State
>Memphis
>Tulane

what is the Mountain West going to do, raid FCS? Idaho/Montana/Montana State?
>>
A player for D2 West Virginia State was fatally shot last night in a home invasion
>>
>>144371124
The situation is different now
>>
>>144371098
I don't think you understand how congress works.

Each state gets two senators and a certain amount of representatives for each state based on population. These congressmen are in regular communication with the top university presidents of the state they represent. The same people who donate to college athletics are probably also donating to political campaigns. They're not going to do anything that will sabotage the athletic media value of the universities from their state. The NFL doesn't have this kind of influence over congress.

As for the student athletes, people were simply tired of the NCAA's amateurism argument and political opinion kind of turned onto them. Its also much easier to prevent something from being done than to actually get something done in congress, and the NFL would have to get congress to change a law which is not an easy task, university presidents would just need to defeat this which can be accomplished with a phone call to their states' congressmen. The student athletes example, the NCAA was the one trying to get a law passed, which is a very difficult task. The roles are reversed.
>>
>>144371109
Who decided to place Washington State and University of Idaho so close together?

Neither of them are anywhere close to the state capital, they're rural and far removed even from the smallest population centers in the farthest parts of their respective states
>>
>>144371131
If won’t be any MWC schools unless they can’t get two suitable AAC or similar schools. They took every school they care to take from the MWC
>>
>>144371139
>fatally
Vax status?
>>
>Cal vs. SDSU
>ACC vs. PAC-12
what the fuck
>>
>>144371146
Yeah, it's worse
>>
>>144371109
Do the Montanas and Dakotas even want to jump up? Is being decent in the Mountain West better than being top dogs in the FCS?
>>
>>144371153
>The choice of location for the University of Idaho was an "Olive Branch of Peace" by Gov. Stevenson for his actions in styming the nearly successful effort to detach the north Idaho Panhandle and join the state of Washington.

Wazzu started as a farmer school and was started where the farmers are
>>
>>144371216
University of Montana heavily implied that NDSU (and probably SDSU) wants to jump
>>
>>144371216
North Dakota State is looking to jump up
They're stuck in a place where they can't really grow from where they were and starting to regress
This happened to App State and Georgia Southern too
>>
File: LandGrantMap.png (1.37 MB, 3061x2370)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
Division 1 should be land-grant universities only. It's what George Washington would have wanted
>>
>>144371218
Wazzu makes sense, interesting that Idaho were the retards
>>
>>144371245
It's time for divisions based on grants. Culminating with the grant bowl at the end of the season.
>>
>people will STILL sleep on Boston College
Don't be shocked if the game gets uncomfortably close. Missouri better have a QB spy on every single play and set the edge to keep him in the pocket.
>>
File: IMG_3370.jpg (132 KB, 1657x924)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
PLEASE
they would be a perfect addition to the mwc
>>
>>144371245
The Indian res colleges all having teams would be based
>>
>>144371230
>They're stuck in a place where they can't really grow from where they were and starting to regress
That makes sense. Wonder if SDSU will go along or if they want to spend a few years as number 1 first.
>>
>>144371274
boston college has a win against a winless fsu team that’s also 0-2 in conference play and a win against a winless FCS team
say it with me now,
OVERRATED
>>
>>144371247
In 1890 both Boise and Moscow had about 2,000 people
>>
>>144371294
Well the advantage for SDSU is that they will get a TV contract, instead of having to rely on local broadcasts that probably pay like 5 figures
>>
>>144371298
By all means, take Missouri and the points. It's a terrible bet.
>>
If Canada was annexed and all the provinces all became US states, how long would it take for the university football teams there to become somewhat competitive
>>
>>144371245
Pac 12 has to add America Samoa Landcrabs
>>
Call Paul
>>
>Alabama vs Wisconsin
>LSU vs South Carolina
>Boston College vs Missouri
>Memphis vs Florida State
Why is the Pre-1pm schedule so awesome?
>>
>>144371320
Indians don't play American football
>>
>>144371340
If they joined the US they could her out-of-state students from Texas
>>
>>144370714
I’m not buying it. I think Arizona State wins it comfortably.
>>
>>144371320
I don't think an annexation by USA would magically make their university athletic programs well funded. Though I have heard that Carleton would be competitive in basketball.

UMass and SUNY Buffalo are major schools of big population states and neither are good at football. Wouldn't bet on UBC to start being good either
>>144371340
Dot or feather? Or both?
>>
Big 12 has made it clear rejecting WOSU and UConn:
They are only out for acc blood
>>
>>144371358
>Dot or feather? Or both?
Dot, I didn't think Canada had redskins. If they do, they can't play anyway, would be far too drunk off the fire water.
>>
>>144370833
What about Hawai'i bros
>>
>>144371376
>I didn't think Canada had redskins.
They have way more (per capita) than we do.
>>
>>144371397
They're a charity case.
>>
>>144371397
PAC-12 only needs eight teams. From that will come their conference champion, and they will have the spot in the playoffs. It's top 5 conference champions. Any champion from the PAC will be better than any G5 champion because of the quality of the teams. So they get the bid. No reason to add more teams because easier path to playoffs and less programs to split money with.
>>
>Nu Pac hopes to get to $10 million a school
Yeah no way UTSA and Memphis leave for that
>>
>>144371469
Unless the Nu-PAC crab buckets itself and struggles to produce an undefeated champion
>>
File: Dairy-Queen.jpg (456 KB, 2040x1266)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
>>144371245
>DQ University?
>>
>>144371488
PAC champion doesn't need to be undefeated. No undefeated G5 champion will be ranked ahead of it because the PAC will have the superior schedule.
>>
This week pickem is though, I'm not sure in any positive outcome
>>
>>144371059
Anon, the NuPAC is a power conference. It’s the conference of champions. You can tell because they have 0 cfb championships.
>>
File: Aloha Stadium.jpg (2.21 MB, 5472x3648)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
>>144371397
Why should anyone care about Hawaii and invest in them when Hawaii won't even invest in itself? Hawaii has been doing the absolute minimum required for a long time, even before they let their stadium decay into a pile of rust and decayed concrete.
When June Jones and Timmy Chang made Hawaii relevant, instead of building on that, the AD refused to meet with June Jones to extend his contract, instead saying "we can do that sometime this summer". It wasn't until the media started reporting that Jones was being pursued by SMU that the administration reluctantly started to move on making promises to improve things.
By then it was too late and SMU poached Jones. It's just another way in which Hawaii is too passive and waits for shit to happen before thinking about the future.
>Frustrated with what he viewed as a lack of support from the university, Jones opted to leave Hawaii at the end of the 2007 season. After initial reports had him interviewing at SMU, Hawaii officials had offers to raise his salary from $800,000 a year to $1.7 million a year and offered a commitment to improve its facilities; in addition there was an outpouring of support from Hawaii fans, including Gov. Linda Lingle. However, Jones contacted Hawaii on January 7, 2008, and let them know he had decided to accept an offer from SMU. Jones said the work that needed to be done to improve the football facilities and the campus in general would never get done with him still there. He said after all of the broken promises, leaving was the only way to send a message. Jones went 76–41 at Hawaii, including 4–2 in bowls. His teams finished first in the WAC twice and second two other times.
Note that after Jones left, very few of the promised improvements actually happened. Hawaii kept doing the minimum amount required and continued to benefit from the goodwill of the NCAA and conferences on the mainland when it came to meeting Division I standards.
>>
>>144371516
One loss maybe. But a 2 loss Boise won't get in over an undefeated UTSA.
>>
In 1999, Utah, BYU, Colorado State, Wyoming, San Diego State, New Mexico, Air Force, UNLV leaves behind Hawaii, UTEP, TCU, Fresno State, Rice, SMU, San Jose State, Tulsa.

The remainder of the WAC responded over the next few years by adding Boise State, Nevada, Louisiana Tech in 2000-2001.

Now, Colorado State, Boise State, San Diego State, Fresno State have left behind San Jose State, Utah State, Wyoming, Air Force, New Mexico, and Hawaii*
>>
>>144371320
Chinese and Indians don't play football.
>>
>>144371576
Kind of sad too because a good Hawaii makes cfb fun. I’ve always enjoyed their program and watching Colt Brennan light up teams.
>>
>>144371245
>>144371493
DQ is a tribal college.

This map shows 3 different types of land grant schools. Red circle means the land grants to create agriculture and mechanical colleges. These universities were either created as an A&M college (in the late 19th century usually), or new departments were created on the existing school. White stars are HBCUs. Blue squares are tribal colleges
>>
>>144371320
if there were scholarships, the Ontario schools could be MAC-tier within two decades
>>
Would you rather watch UTSA at Oregon State or North Dakota State at Oregon State on the CW at 10pm?
>>
>>144371320
Simon Fraser couldn't even reach D2 competitively
>>
>>144371585
You're smokin' crack, anon.
>>
>>144371585
UTSA is coming with them
It would take an absolute stellar season from another G5 to take the autobid given all the best G5s will soon be either here or going to ACC
>>
>>144371619
They're still able to bring in gunslingers but the rest of the team isn't great, and the last good coach they had got poached (and is still available)
>>
>>144371469
Still better for them to join the Pac, good academics and also less of a travel cost

>>144371576
>Hawaii has been doing the absolute minimum required for a long time, even before they let their stadium decay into a pile of rust and decayed concrete.
I think Hawai'i will invest in itself, especially with the new Aloha Stadium being constructed and the shakeup of the MWC
>Timmy Chang and June Jones
True, but I think with investment and a shot at getting in a power league, even if it has been depleted, Hawai'i will wake up and smell the hibiscus and realise if they want success and more money, football's the way to go. UConn realised such so it's never too late
>>
Threadly reminder:
The MWC is NOT dying
The remaining 8 schools have nowhere to go. They don’t provide the PAC any benefits to their contract besides maybe UNLV. Only Air Force would legitimately consider the AAC but there’s no need to with travel. They have a number of suitable refuel options asking for admission right now
This conference is diminished but not gone
>>
>>144371787
I am rooting for them to take Idaho and NMSU back
What ultimate vindication from them
>>
File: 20240912_160154.png (57 KB, 1512x610)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
Apparently UNLV didn't go because they would have to take their retarded brother in Reno with them
>>
>>144369506
>le networks

Who is actually paying for football in 2024
>>
>>144368085
>Colorado State
Kino
>boise state
Boo
>>
>>144368986
>Army & Navy on bye weeks
>UK is getting obliterated by Georgia
>Air Force probably getting BTFO by Baylor
Absolute shit-tier Saturday for me. Sunday won't get much better, either.
>>
>>144371654
> UTSA at Oregon State or North Dakota State at Oregon State on the CW at 10pm
PLEASE
>>
File: pac 12 portrait.png (1.25 MB, 860x647)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
Found the update Pac 12 family photo
>>
>>144371820
don't think Idaho wants to

I think attendance and overall interest is actually higher for them now than when they were in the FBS.
>>
>>144371842
>Can we have Arizona and Arizona St?
>We have Arizona and Arizona St at home
>>
>>144370932

ecu isn't leaving the aac for the Sunbelt. they hate those schools far more than the aac schools and dropping down to that would be them admitting they will never get into the acc. this post just shows how retarded /cfb/ fans are sometimes.
>>
>>144371572
The nuPAC is more exciting than the Big XII.
>>
>>144371710
>with the new Aloha Stadium being constructed
They haven't even figured out financing yet. It's just a bunch of renderings and vague statements about how it will fund itself by being an "entertainment destination". It's been several years now and they have dick to show for it. The state threw the ball back in the university's court, saying it's not the state's responsibility to bail UH out and the university needs to figure out funding. Just like opportunities in the past, the university will sit around and hope someone else fixes their problems for them while they sit around doing nothing.
Given a decade, they still won't have broken ground on the new stadium but they'll have plenty of excuses why it hasn't happened yet but will happen "soon". They rely on everyone feeling sorry for them and giving them handouts and exceptions. If those run out, they're fucked.
>>
>>144372057
lol lmao
>>
>>144371399
Canacuck redskins aren’t the same redskins as what are down in Texas and whatnot. Them plains types are tall, canajun injuns are tiny little malnourished things.
>>
>>144372055
>ecu isn't leaving the aac for the Sunbelt
Didn't say that.

What I do think is going to happen is that App State, JMU will leave the Sun Belt, and ECU, USF and a few others will leave the AAC, and together they will form a new conference.
>>
After booty blasting Colorado, we're definitely back to being bluebloods.
>>
Who wins the PAC-2 northern division this year?
>>
>>144372086
WSU as OSU is in the south division now.
>>
>>144372086
For me, it's west coast Cougar Beaver
>>
>>144372086
lmfao
>>
>>144372086
WSU already won the north, OSU won the south. But who wins the championship?
>>
>>144372079

again unless its the acc ecu isn't going anywhere. same with usf. and as an app state student I can tell you the school doesn't have enough financial pull to help launch a brand new conference. they are staying sunbelt until the division forms. and ecu wants even less to do with us than charlotte
>>
>>144372073
>t. Left Behind
nuPAC is a predator. Taking schools from larger conferences based on brand name alone.
>>
>>144371005
Kid had it coming
>The bankruptcy proceeding itself stems from Sanders losing a judgement in 2022 after allegedly assaulting a security guard as a high schooler in 2015.
>A suit filed in Dallas District Court in 2016 alleged the security guard, John Darjean, had “sustained severe and permanent injuries including a broken neck, damage to his cervical spine, permanent neurological injuries and irreversible incontinence,” according to a 2024 filing in the bankruptcy proceed. These injuries were allegedly caused when Sanders elbowed and continued to hit Darjean during an altercation.
>>
>>144370542
>somehow always exist to be the seething jealous little brother in both the BIG AND the redneck departments behind the SEC

this post written by a graduate of a big 10 shitter program/walmart wolverine
>>
Speaking of the Pac-12, College Gameday has to be going to the championship, right?
Or will ESPN be lame and pick Alabama at Oklahoma even though Oklahoma will probably be 6-4 at that point?
>>
>>144372165
It won’t go anywhere, anyway. There’s case law that deals with this shit specifically. There’s only two instances I know of where a player was found liable or caught a criminal charge: that Bruins guy who started smacking a guy with his stick and a football player ages ago who plowed into a guy on his knees and like 25 yards away from the ball and paralyzed him.
>>
>>144372192
>>144372205
>all this cope from someone left behind
>>
>>144370833
THE PIECES OF THE MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE JUST FLEW OVER MY HOUSE
>>
>>144371820
NMSU is one of the top contenders along UTEP. Both showed interest before. They geographically fit and would be be stable enough while getting the MWC to a level it can't really die, while both finally can get out of the CUSA hell and upgrade. It benefits everyone.
Idaho is probably done, they moved down so the interest wouldn't be to anyone. If they stayed up like NMSU they likely would be in now. Montanas would be taken if they chose to though
>>
>>144372318
>Both showed interest before.
That's underselling it. They've both begged at the doorsteps
>>
File: IMG_1758.jpg (113 KB, 960x1792)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>144371919
I thought the same thing when it was first announced USC and UCLA were running bc the pac12 said they’d stream games on Apple. Who the fuck under the age of 40 is still stupid enough to pay for cable to watch this shit. At this point I’m just letting the chips fall where they may.
>>
>>144372318
The university president who made that decision is no longer there
I wouldn't say it's out of the question
If the Nu Pac takes 2 more schools, the Mountain West will need to take at least one FCS team just to survive
>>
>>144372264
I don't see any degree in this post Mr. Sharty BA
>>
File: shilo btfo.png (790 KB, 1070x778)
790 KB
790 KB PNG
>>144371005
>>144371031
>we finna roll your as-ACK
dude got his arm snapped on the first series, Nebraska with the pure rivalry revenge kino that Colorado won't get a chance to avenge for years. Would have won by 40-50 if the reffies hadn't stepped in and called back 3 huge plays to try and save Prime in the 2nd half
>>
>>144372429
I would think if they are expanding north, they would go with Montana/Montana State rather than taking Idaho.
>>
File: AAC Year 1.jpg (396 KB, 1537x1537)
396 KB
396 KB JPG
They're almost all gone (assuming Memphis really is gone)
>>
>>144371005
>Boulder
>public ivy
Not even the best academic school in Colorado. Mines trounces it in any meaningful stat (so not newspaper rankings, but things like alumni salaries, patents per capita, etc.)
>>
>>144372438
lol
lmao even
>verification not required
>>
I just want to see the meltdown if Colorado actually loses to CSU, wouldn't be surprised if Hunter stops playing and starts preparing for the draft if it happens. No point playing 130+ snaps per game to carry scrubs and a retarded coach. He was pissed last week during the game and was giving props to Nebraska after the game, inb4 Hunter mid-season transfer. Some dude from LSU just went to Nebraska in late August, with the new NCAA rules you can enroll like a regular student and play on the team as a walk-on with NIL covering the bill
>>
>>144372553
School of Mines for SEC-West soon™
>>
>>144372553
Boulder gets good goy points and flies up rankings due to their contributions to the lgbtq circlejerk
>>
>>144365529
PAC to MAC
>>
>>144372555
>haha my team is an SEC bottom feeder not a big dump bottom feeder!
>Gotcha!

What is a faggie anyway?
>>
>>144372570
It would be kino given that Mines and A&M go back and forth each year for best petroleum engineering program.
>>
>>144372579
Post the copypasta, I forgot.
>>144372583
I’m down. >We hire a ton of them every year and it would be nice if their games would be televised, but they need to move up to FCS.
>>
File: aggiemeat.png (1.19 MB, 1080x2106)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>tfw perpetually basking in national championship glory
>>
>>144372607
>shitting on the Meat King
Reddit is that way.
>>
>>144372607
Soul
>>
>>144372579
I think anon’s gotcha was being a PhD student.
>>
>>144372555
>wasting time on a phd
I literally can't think of a single field where the ROI is worth it
>>
After inevitably losing NMSU/UTEP, which two FCS schools is CUSA going to add now?

My money is on Eastern Kentucky and Tarleton State.
>>
So what's the 400iq strat here?

>pay 100 gorillion dollars (probably on the hook for 80 if the leaving schools help out)
>somehow convince AAC schools to jump for a very similar volume of cash
>only aim for an eight team conference to fuck over your media gains
>hope things happen the way you want them to

What am I not seeing here? Is the PAC being retarded or hypervisionary?
>>
>>144372607
I didn't realize Martin Shkreli went into a new line of work.
>>
>>144372662
It was.
>>144372685
I’m not paying for it.
>>
>>144372707
8 team conference is good since its splits the pie less ways.

It also means more better matchups. You get each possible matchup every year, and its easier to promote Fresno State vs Boise State than Fresno State vs Nevada (1-11)
>>
>>144372692
Tarleton just made the jump from D2 plus they have Sam Houston

The two off of the top of my head are William & Mary and Central Arkansas
>>
In 2026 majority of the CUSA will have been FCS members in 2022
>>
>>144371576
Hawaiian identity is based around victimhood
>>
>>144372707
Disney, Fox, NBC, and CBS aren't exactly running out of content so having 12 plus members doesn't exactly help your media value per school
>>
>>144372771
8 teams might be perfect for them

Can fill up some late night slots with a slightly interesting matchup without splitting it between tons of teams.
>>
>>144372768
Truly, the tar babies of the ring of fire.
>>
>>144372079
>abandon existing media deals and NCAA tournament access to tie yourself to App State and JMU
you're retarded
>>
File: E__vPXJVcAQm8qp.jpg (117 KB, 1024x574)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>144372747
>Central Arkansas
No more meme fields
>>
>>144372719
>It was
How does this change the fact that Ass to Mouth is a big 12 school in disguise?
>>
>>144372476
This shit is straight out of a Hollywood inspirational sports movie. Deion and CU are real-life cartoon villains who's own hubris is their downfall. There's even a heavy dose of situational irony thrown in for good measure, as the play he broke his arm on, he was literally rolled onto his ass. Absolutely kino.
>>
>>144372786
>abandon existing media deals
I was thinking more like 2030 when they expire
>>
>>144372864
Only people who think that are Left Behind and suddenly pissy about Anime & Manga not playing them anymore after this new round of realignment. In years past, the Big 12 types were glad to be rid of >us. Dunno why they’re just now complaining as much as they do now. At least Baylor sued.
>>
>>144372662
Faglosophy
>>
>faglosophy
>>
>>144372912
>>144372921
Sorry, I’m not devout enough for a DDiv and not dumb enough for a DEd.
>>
>>144372692
Missouri State is already in the process of becoming a member. Southern Illinois might also be a good shout.
>>
>>144372692
They already have Delaware and Missouri state joining next year so they'll be stay at 10 for next year. Really they should grab two of UAC Schools. That conference is eventually going to finangle it's way to fbs, but there will be schools there who will want the express route. C-USA has proven itself impossible to kill.

>>144372692
Ideally, 9 members is the way to go. Gives teams 8 conference games 4 out of conference, which is that goldilocks zone. 7+5 is a way uglier scheduling situation. Everyone gets a championship game nowadays, so there is never a reason to go higher than 10 unless you're getting major money from adding someone
The top AAC schools (Memphis & Tulane) have never been more done with the league then they are now after watching Cincy, UCF, Houston, and SMU leave in the last two years. If you can poach them, do. However have a plan B, because if your TV deal isn't enough to justify the travel, then the AAC schools will do what Boise and San Diego State did to the AAC when the big east collapsed, and go no thanks.
>>
>>144372607
Look at the absolute smugness on the center guy. He knows he’s better than you. You probably can’t judge meat for shit.
>>
>>
>>144373119
The face of a man has watched his school become a circus act
>>
File: Meat Judges.jpg (212 KB, 1920x1292)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>144372607
Dare I dream that I could be as based as the Meat King?
>>
>>144365529
>#7 Oregon v. Oregon State (Corvallis, OR)
>not the final game of the season for both teams
Sovl status: gone.
>>
File: 1692388332350788.jpg (68 KB, 680x665)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>
>>144373154
oh god oh god
>>
>>144373154
I’ll take Arizona State ML and whatever else I can get
>>
i literally flipped a coin for 6 or 7 of the pickems this week
why is nd purdoodoo not on there
>>
>>144373154
Really no great options in the Meat King’s harem. He deserves better. Rolling for… 9, I guess?
>>
>>144373190
>>144373210
fuck off faggot i got her first
>>
>>144367603
left mogs them all desu
>>
>>144373154
rolling
>>
>>144373052
He’s the Meat King. You’d be smug also if you were in His shoes.
>>
>>144373226
i can live with that I guess
>>
>>144373154
Rolling for token twink.
>>
>>144373252
>Norwood’s daughter
Great
>>
>>144373154
rolan
>>
>>144373154
I didn't know this was a female dominated activity.
I feel mogged by the Meat King just by looking at that photo
>>
>>144373269
women love judging meat
>>
>>144373210
Some men value quantity and variety.
>>
>>144368085
Lmao
>>
>fox big noon game is an 11am local time shitfest this week

please god fucking tell me they aren't gonna start doing 9am local time games on the west coast. I know joel faggot klatt already let slip that fox didn't get the Ohio State @ Oregon game so that's a blessing at least
>>
>>144373269
The entire existence of a female revolves around judging meat.
>>
>>144369968
Given the way he left, doesn't Mel owe CU a refund?
>>
>>
>>144373154
Kek rolling for trips
>>
File: 1000004065.jpg (79 KB, 852x762)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>144372318
I'm not sold on NMSU and UTEP being easy adds. Yes, they wanted in, but were snubbed repeatedly despite having previously shared conferences with most of the schools. They will get invites, but what kind of money will a depleted MW generate vs CUSA? If they can, say double, the CUSA payout of $800k then that might be enough. Otherwise, I don't think the easier geography and history will overcome the instability of joining schools that don't consider you peers and will still be looking for an exit
>>
>>144373411
oh dear
>>
File: AUBURN HEADACHE.webm (400 KB, 1280x720)
400 KB
400 KB WEBM
>>
>>144373414
The benefit is not having to play conference games in Delaware and Florida
>>
>Coach Primape
>>
>>144373540
>COLORado
>>
File: SMITH POINT.webm (798 KB, 1280x720)
798 KB
798 KB WEBM
>>144373540
and there it is
>>
tfw bye week already
>>
>>144373154
Rolling, not expecting much
>>
>>144373540
OK there's some matrix fuckery going on. I never come to this general, but I saw a post on Facebook about coach primate telling the team's band not to play thier fight song over QB primate's rap.
So I come to this thread to post "coach primate" but at the last second I decide to change it to "primeape" (something the archive says has only been posted 23 times ever)
Then I scroll down and see this >>144367333
Sometimes I think we're living in a simulation and I'm the main test subject
>>
File: 1706392202363954.webm (2.77 MB, 960x540)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB WEBM
why does no one name their teams after bats?
>>
File: week3thu.jpg (666 KB, 1920x2160)
666 KB
666 KB JPG
>>
>>144373595
Welcome to the mysterious world of meme. Praise kek
>>
>>144372719
>not paying for it
you are still wasting your time, the fact you don't recognize that is just more proof academia has become the path for midwits

>>144372875
it's kino on so many levels, from specific player storylines to program level. it even BTFO out Deion's entire idea of using the transfer portal to rebuild faster. Rhule at Nebraska barely uses the portal, didn't process anybody out of the program, and did it old school and they are already better after 1 year
>>
File: PAC8.jpg (691 KB, 557x900)
691 KB
691 KB JPG
As far as I can tell, the Pacific-8 Conference, or PAC-8, never had a conference logo. It wasn't until they added the Arizona teams and became the PAC10 that they made a logo. Which is too bad, it would be fun if the PAC06 were able to use a historic logo whenever they find their other two invitees.
>>
File: Nagatoro Sleepy 2.png (1.04 MB, 1366x768)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>Texas State currently favored by 3 over Arizona State
Not sure i buy that
>>
File: decide.jpg (41 KB, 474x279)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>144373718
How different would the college conference landscape be today had the Arizona schools stayed in the WAC instead of joining the PAC?
>>
>>144373718
>USC is the only one actually rowing while everyone else is fucking around and mooching off them
This is why they left
>>
https://pac-6.com/

FUCK
It's already taken
>>
>>144373719
bet texas state +2.5
ASU is a bad team and thee bobcats have a well run program
they play well at home too
>>
>>144372894
It's no wonder you're a PhD candidate because this post is textual sewage that makes zero fucking sense.
>>
Jesus Matich is a fat ass
>>
>>144373644
> digits confirms
>>
ASU @ Texas State kicks off in 15 minutes
>>
>>144373804
>Jesus Matich is a fat ass
he's not only a lardass
> he's old too
>>
>>144373718
>Athletic association of Western Universities
>>
>>144373634
There's probably some DIII school somewhere named after bats. But usually things associated with being creepy aren't made mascots. Richmond are the only spiders I'm aware of and I'm not sure there are any Vampires around.
>>
File: THE BIG 5.jpg (76 KB, 1000x1294)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>144373885
They don't want you to remember the big 5
>>
File: Pioneers.png (125 KB, 600x320)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>144373634
>>144373891
Transylvania University in Kentucky does
>>
File: OIG4.jpg (175 KB, 1024x1024)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>144367600
true
>>
>>144373925
based bats
>>
> "WE KNOW SHEDEUR IS ELITE"
> blame '23 OC
> blame '23 Oline
> blame '24 OC
> blame '24 Oline
> blame '24 RBs
> blame '24 young receivers
blame everyone but the turd
>>
thursday night football :)
>>
File: 1700567814862065.webm (1.89 MB, 480x480)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB WEBM
>>144373979
think the problem with their approach they are taking is they are just buying players and not devolping shit. they just turnover a roster
wonder how long until he blows up the program for good when he leaves
>>
File: Louisville_Bats_logo.svg.png (253 KB, 1280x1278)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
>>144373634
More of a baseball thing
>>
sam acho is one of the few ESPN guys thats worth a shit in the booth
>>
>>144374026
He's gone after this year.
>>
skattebo is gonna rush for 300 yds
>>
Damn Texas State crowd 90% Mexicans. Where is Texas st?
>>
>>144374079
i just bet his under 102.5 yards rushing
texas state has a good program and no one has seen how bad asu really is
dont think asu wins 5 games this year
>>
>>144374026
He said like last October that the fix to their offensive line problems was to get new offensive lineman
He clearly had no desire to build anything

I finally saw people note that their offensive line coach had never coached a line before
>>
>>144373910
>>144373885
>>144373718
This shit is why I hated the PAC
>WE'RE A HUNDRED YEAR CONFERENCE BRO
>muh pacific coast conference
>Real PCC collapsed in 1959 because of Cal, USC, UCLA, and Washington paying players
>Those 4 schools who literally caused the collapse of the PCC immediately form a new league without the other 5 PCC Members Washington state, stanford, oregon, oregon state, and Idaho
>Stanford Joins in the first real month to make AAWU the "big 5"
>Washington State joins in '62 to make a "big 6"
>Oregon and ORegon State Join in 64 to make pac 8
>Idaho whose conference Died is left eternally fucked
>Every other school larps that the PAC is literally the PCC in spite of the fact 4 of them 4 of them not being there when the league was created and 3 of them spending years outside the league after previously being PCC members
Biggest lie in college football.
>>
>>144374108
Anywhere in Texas is like that now
>>
>>144374108
San Marcos. its close to Austin
>>
>>144374108
San Marcos, almost got some pussy from a cute latina but her fat friend cockblocked me
>>
Texas State boutta punch their ticket to the playoff
>>
>Didn't go to a college full of sexy Latinas
How much did I fuck up?
>>
Yes sun devils got this. This not Boise
>>
texas playing stinky
>>
What the fuck is this camera angle?
Not full all-22
>>
>Hobert
wonder if theyre gonna show this catch from the bobcats win over baylor last year
>>
Big Sky collapse might begin
FCS' Sacramento State wants to move from FCS to the new Mountain West (and also saying PAC-12 but you miss 100% of the shots you don't make and all). Who knows which other Big Sky teams are interested
https://frontofficesports.com/the-next-steps-in-the-unexpected-pac-12-rebuild/
>>
lmao
>>
I think he was down, but it was funny to soo
>>
File: 1693675783700988.jpg (18 KB, 375x375)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>
>>144374227
>expand playoff
>fbs becomes even more bloated and full of shitters

please god make it stop
>>
>>144374122
Longevity doesn't really mean anything either. Southern Conference has been around 100 years too and they are basically just a trivia question now
>>
File: pac 8.jpg (92 KB, 934x1216)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>144373718
I found this, it's kind of cool
>>
trouble with the ball again!
>>
File: Nako Yell.png (90 KB, 300x268)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
hold onto the ball
>>
Put glue on the gloves
>>
>>144374270
>This league spawned the ACC and SEC
>What i SoCon
>>
>>144374227
The problem with Sacramento State is that San Jose State is already there
>>
>>144374227
>Sacramento State wants to move from FCS to the new Mountain West
Good riddance
t. Big Sky
>>
>shitaboo
>>
THESE WHITE MEN ARE DANGEROUS!
>>
Boobcat bros
>>
File: 3f2.jpg (161 KB, 341x354)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>144374227
>Sacramento State
...but why?
>>
File: Gabriel Huh 2.png (458 KB, 1280x720)
458 KB
458 KB PNG
wtf i thought you said texas state was good!?
>>
It really sucks when the visiting team has a strong presence in your house
>>
>>144374336
they are a good program
its 5 minutes into the game anon
>>
>>144374227
>Sacramento State is a Hispanic-serving institution (HSI) and is eligible to be designated as an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander serving institution (AANAPISI).
There have been a few Asian and Pacific Islander players who were quite good but in general, that's not a good base upon which to build. Better get good at recruiting outside of their area.
>>
>>144374345
its already over...
>>
>>144374345
G5 teams cannot stop white physical p5 runners. This is well known
>>
File: 1712864056532045.jpg (59 KB, 750x734)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>144374367
texas state has a better d line than asu
>>
Is anyone gonna tell ESPN that their SEC music is fucking ass?
>>
File: 1671385305566446.gif (172 KB, 326x326)
172 KB
172 KB GIF
WHAT A HIT LOL
>>
>>144371109
Everyone is better than UTEP and New Mexico State.

There's a reason these two schools kill every conference they join.
>>
That wr player is crying rn
>>
whoever runs the gamecasts on espn's website is a DEI hire that doen't know how to undo a play when it gets reviewed and overturned
it's been constant this year where the cast just gets stuck for like 20 on a turnover or catch
>>
File: Geography Bad.jpg (80 KB, 680x521)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>Cal beats Auburn, puts up brag billboards in the States of Georgia and North Carolina.
Guess once they joined the Atlantic Coast Conference, they gave up on understanding geography.
>>
>>144374328
They had one good coach and now they think they're real.
>>
>>144371654
I would rather go to bed than watch any of those schools play football.
>>
>>144374400
That's based. Rival teams should do this for maximum seethe.
Auburn or sharty doing this in state would be unbelievably based
>>
>>144374400
Probably put there by enrollment or admission marketing without the athletics department knowing (or caring)
>>
File: coach prime and banan.jpg (359 KB, 1796x883)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
>>
>>144374400
What’s the point of this?
>>
>>144374328
>>144374419
Sac State was considered for WAC back when they were still in FBS
>>
new
>>144374479
>>144374479
>>144374479
>>
>>144374431
Auburn is located in Alabama, not Georgia or North Carolina, right. At most they could claim it was aimed at recruits but Cal really isn't going to pull from either of those states very much.
>>
>>144374328
They're blessed with a great location between 2 MWC schools with nowhere to go, in a conference begging for California schools to join.

If they want to move up, the MWC will accommodate them.
>>
>>144373154
Don't mind if I do.
>>
>>144368925
>Deion has absolutely no clue what he's doing or how to fix it.

Yall really gonna let this dumbass slide?
You do know Coach prime is a hall of famer? you do know that right? you do know he's considered a GOAT in the eyes of millions. but you gonna claims he doesn't know shit about football? you are legit a fucking retard and need to sit the fuck down and be humble.

they have one bad fucking game against Nebraska and you gonna talk shit. I trust Coach prime and i respect the coaching staff he has.

Just because you lose one game doen'st mean the season is over. I'm gonan laugh at your faggot ass when Colorado is in the playoffs and ball out of control

go fuck yourself you seaudo intellectial dunning krugar pussy
>>
>144375627
low energy
>>
>>144375627
>he's considered a GOAT in the eyes of millions
millions of retards
>>
>>144374182
Latinas go to CNA school and then go work in nursing homes. Universities are for cute white girls from middle class families. If you want the easiest pussy in the world, go to an HBCU house party.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.