[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Played my first game of 11-a-side in like 12 years on Saturday

bloody hell the pros, even the lads playing in the 8th tier, make it look easy

The pitch is so big and as an individual you have so little control of the game, like you can't be everywhere. I was playing CM and the ball was just going over the top most of the time. Completed basically all of my passes and nearly set a goal up but it's different to 5-a-side were you score and assist every minute or three,
>>
File: e.jpg (483 KB, 2048x1153)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
Bamburgh Castle in the OP btw, what a special place in the Norf
>>
Good for you, op. Playing full field is definitely a workout and requires decent fitness levels just to keep up. As for the plays, they require the abilities to pass at a greater distance with accuracy, receive the ball while maintaining control, and still have the creativity to make plays... all while expecting the same of your teammates. Of course fitness levels decline with age, so finding a group of 30+ office managers and armchair punters who have both the ability and desire to stay in shape dwindles with time.

Nice pitch btw.
>>
>>144525631
It’s because amateur football is more chaotic hoof balls headless chicken pressing all that makes it feel like you have no control that and the lack of tactics

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.