[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: news_367093_1.jpg (256 KB, 800x600)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
I don't give a shit with what Ohtani achieves, because baseball is a meme sport, and he clearly chose the wrong one.
What’s far more valuable is that our national football team has finally reached its highest-ever FIFA ranking of 16th.
Japanese media should report on this more and help elevate our soccer culture.
It’s truly pathetic that, due to losing the war, we've been brainwashed by America and become obsessed with baseball, neglecting true sports like football.
If Ohtani had chosen football, he would have become an excellent defender or goalkeeper.
To break this situation, we must defeat our rivals, Saudi Arabia and Australia, in the next international match and secure our tickets to the World Cup, creating new history in North America WC and awakening the our people who are dominated by baseball.
Winning might be difficult, but we must at least reach the quarterfinals, if not the semifinals.
Making a football history in North America, the home of baseball, would be a truly symbolic moment for football to liberate our country from the dominance of baseball.
>>
Why not love both? In Mexico we love both baseball and footy
>>
>>144540966
>flag
ahahaahah
>>
>>144540936
Japan was obsessed with baseball before the war
>>
>>144540966
CHI
>>
>>144540936
> What’s far more valuable is that our national football team has finally reached its highest-ever FIFA ranking of 16th.

You don't want to be that guy bro.
Look at what this shit did to the Belgians.
>>
>>144541144
How did Belgia's squad flop so bad?? They got Hazard, KDB, and Courtois...
>>
File: pepe6.jpg (7 KB, 250x240)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>144540936
Hi Kim,
When do you go back to your country?
>>
>>144540936
Japanese people started playing baseball in the 19th century, and it became a popular sport.
The Japan Professional Baseball League was established before World War II.
Japanese know it well.
>>
>>144540936
Why did Konami destroy Winning Eleven? That was the GOAT series. FIFA can never compete.
>>
>>144540936
kys you fucking chon
>>
THREAD REMINDER THAT REAL NIPS DONT POST HERE
>OP IS A ENGLISH TEACHER,A YANK SOLDIER OR A NGUBU
>>
Never gonna happen fren. You guys are too obsessed with baseball.
>>
>>144540936
>le VPN Chong
Actual Nips love whatever thing other nips are good at. Ohtani is just the best export they've ever had in any sport. Dude is a machine
>>
>>144540936
Shut the fuck up traitor.
>>
>>144540936
Based
Mitoma and Kubo are bigger than Ohtani in all the relevant countries
>>
>>144540936
> due to losing the war, we've been brainwashed by America and become obsessed with baseball
Pvt Ramirez exposed by his lack of knowledge of baseball's history in Japan
>>
>>144540936
>we

>>144540966
>we
>>
>>144541329
Because having a bunch of big names for 4 years doesn't guarantee shit. It's about having a system and identity, something Belgium couldn't achieve.
You just become a version of England for a moment, a bunch of famous people who everyone expects to do well, but there's 11 guys on the field and 3 subs a match.
Beyond Hazard, De Bruyne and Courtois in their primes you had Hazard's less talented brother and some okay guys on middling Euro clubs. That'll get you far, but Spain, Germany (normally), France, Italy and Brazil (until recently), Argentina, hell even the Netherlands have real identities and deep reserves of players who can at least show up for the national team.
>>
>>144540936
very good thread
>>
OP isn’t wrong.
Since the JFA has set the goal of winning the World Cup by 2050, we don't have much time left.
It's unrealistic to dream of suddenly reaching the finals when our best result so far has been making it to the Round of 16.
Moreover, considering the declining popularity of soccer in Japan and the decrease in the number of players due to population decline, we need to achieve a significant result at this point to boost the popularity of soccer.
>>
>>144548313
>2050
Bros...I might not be around to see this happen
>>
>>144548313
I thought their plan was to get the world cup by 2090 and the plan was established in the 1990s, making it a century long plan.
>>
>>144549368
The Centennial Plan is about to the J.League, not the World Cup.
>>
>nips btfo
>>
>>144540936
I think japanese soccerfags should go after horseracing first before baseball
can't go after #1 if you aren't even #2
>>
Can't we put Ohtani on the national team as a goalkeeper just for the World Cup period?
>>
>>144540936
We use iPhones and Pixels, we eat KFC and McDonalds, our girls are obsessed with Disney, and baseball is the best sport homo
>>
>>144559581
>We use iPhones and Pixels, we eat KFC and McDonalds, our girls are obsessed with Disney
That's... pretty sad, actually.
>>
>>144540936
Japan had baseball before the war ya dumb mark
>>
>>144545832
Except Shitaly and its meme defensive system all the rest of NT lost their identities and are imitating Spaintards system
>>
>>144560072
Yes. We are on another level when it comes to NTR
>>
>>144540936
No one asked you fucking english teacher
>>
>>144540966
DAMMIT PACO
>>
>>144540936
Kill yourself. Soccer is not a sport and is only played by subhuman niggers. I hope my train is delayed Monday because you threw your faggot ass in front of it.
>>
ANIME LOL
>>
>>144540936
Do you even understand what Ohtani is doing? A 50 home run 50 stolen base season has never happened before. No player in 100+ years has ever done it. No player has ever done it efficiently, not like Rickey Henderson who spammed it all the time and got thrown out. Not like Babe Ruth who was a prolific home run hitter but never was in the shape Ohtani was in. Oh did I mention he can pitch too, and will next year? Ohtani can play any position on the field at a world-class level. That just doesn't happen in sports. He's a fucking freakazoid
>>
>>144565383
yeah but baseball is easy
i could literally bat .250 in the majors and i havent been to the gym since 2006
>>
>>144565456
You would be punching yourself in the face and scream crying if you had to hit against a single A pitcher
>>
>>144540936
If you're actually Japanese you should know your history better. Japan was obsessed with baseball way before WWII
>>
>>144540936
Baseball is the best sport retard

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.