[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy Birthday 4chan!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: real.png (38 KB, 338x316)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
there is nothing wrong with being weird. but you should learn to hide your power level. in general, the more openly weird and abnormal you are, the more talented, skilled, or otherwise valued you need to be in order to be tolerated by humans. I think there's probably even an exact equation to describe this, its a ratio essentially where we would take a measure of how closely your behaviors align with others to how skilled/otherwise valued you are.

An easy pop culture example is quentin tarentino, who is renown for being strange and having a foot fetish (which isnt really THAT abnormal), but he is also known for making great films. It also makes sense as a ratio because certain traits would be seen as so far away as to always be repulsive and no amount of social value could justify it in the eyes of the masses. Like extreme fetishes, or very extreme beliefs, etc. The best thing to do if you are neurotypical (and unable to isolate or find a group of like minded or at least tolerable outsiders) is to sublimate those desires.

The problem I see in zoomers is they fail to understand this, they see being abnormal as a virute in and of itself and wear it with pride, then demand to be accepted.

Another fun way to consider it is calling it the anime effect. The main characters in anime have really absurd ridiculous hairstyles and personalities but thats because they're exceptional in other ways, extremely powerful etc. If you arent exceptional in other ways, and you wear your oddness on your sleeve, dont be surprised when people mistreat you.

it isnt fair, but it is the way things are.
>>
File: j.png (19 KB, 385x384)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>
>>144794974
why is he so smug?
>>
>>144794508
Ratio
>>
>>144795102
Cute question from cute Jamaican boy
>>
>>144794508
this the new meme?
>>
>>144795285
You're cuter
>>
I use my humor to mask my power level.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.