[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GaYj60lbYAAjiRW.jpg (554 KB, 1080x1350)
554 KB
554 KB JPG
>spending money is BAD
massive poorfag cope around this world series
>>
what is baseball without its soul?
>>
It's fuckin wild to me that people actually want ownership groups who don't pay their players and don't try to put together competitive teams nine times out of ten to be rewarded.
>>
>>145223790
i think the reality is that none of the markets in the middle of the country can support a top payroll aside from the cubs
>>
>>145223481
Yankees are actually the most soulful team.
>>
>>145223817
They absolutely can. Every time the ownership group makes those claims (in ever CBA negotiation), the MLBPA asks them to release financial information to prove those statements. They never do. It's a convenient excuse that permits billionaires to sit on an asset and use it to promote and endorse their other businesses rather than making it a competitive endeavor or selling to someone who would.
>>
>>145223901
i don't know. every time i turn on one of their games there is like 500 people in the stands
>>
>>145223932
and the tigers going to the playoffs with one of the lowest payrolls in baseball while the white sox, with all of their dead money, were the worst team in the game's history doesn't really help the argument. neither does tampa doing their refresh into a contender every couple of years with a new batch of cheap players after they trade the old ones. or the st. louis cardinals descent into mediocrity as spending inflated [they also had one of the richer RSN deals, which is predictably getting dropped during the bankruptcy proceedings]
>>
It is partly jealousy I'm sure but people just hate the evil empire teams and that's not going to change, it is what it is.
>>
>>145223932
Maybe they should invest in the product rather than spend nothing and make nothing as a result
>>
>>145223817
yes they can? every single mlb owner is a billionaire
>>
>>145224254
right. they are billionaires, but they aren't going to spend from their personal bank accounts to field higher payrolls.
>>
sports, especially team sports, are surrogates for patriotism, regionalism, et cetera, people will always like an underdog, and underdogs will always come from outside the capitol (big cities) region, the narratives will continue to unfold and we will continue to slurp up this goy slop, sports dynasties will be established, a small market team will come up and challenge Goliath, and the cycle will continue
>>
File: 1729442188510416.webm (2.53 MB, 720x1080)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB WEBM
>>145223479
the spending thing is just an excuse, i think its more that people just hate new yorkers and LA people, and the fans of these two teams are extremely unlikable. even if they did it with no spending people wouldnt like this matchup
>>
File: OIG1.K.jpg (187 KB, 1024x1024)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>lifelong fan of meeting in the eries 11 times, or something
Rodon will pull a Don Larsen, Manfred willing.
>>
>>145223479
yankees will win and then the liberty wnba champs will coat tail ride their parade in a desperate attempt to achieve relevance
>>
>>145223481
Your other options were
>huge payroll Mets and Phillies
>one season removed from a billion dollar offseason Padres
>cheapskate Guardians, Tigers, Royals
>Guardians even killed their historic name
If money is how you judge soul then these weren't the playoffs for you. Better hope the fucking Rockies stop sucking.
>>
>>145225920
>>145223479
it only buys you tickets into the playoffs with that structure anyway. playoffs are designed so barely above .500 shitters can win the lottery playoffs. no team has an excuse, it's not hard to go 84-78 lol
>>
>>145223817
Without a salary cap, this is true.
>>
>>145223479
The double standards between /mlb/ and /nfl/ are night and day. You're allowed to be a lovable loser in /mlb/ but you have to root for a winner in /nfl/. There's a reason why people laugh at NFL consoomers

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.