[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bro-97-gix-s-command.jpg (169 KB, 672x936)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
Previously: >>93194046

>OFFICIAL Commander website, where you can learn the rules, see the current banlist, and read the format philosophy, laid down by the rules committee:
https://mtgcommander.net/

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen color identity.
http://mtglands.com/

>Deck List Sites: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net (Dated but functional)
https://www.archidekt.com (Feature rich but poor optimization)
https://www.moxfield.com (Good balance of features + performance)

>CARD SEARCH
https://scryfall.com

>Proxy a deck or a cube for cheap
https://pastebin.com/9Xj1xLdM

>how to proxy using any printer
https://mtgprint.cardtrader.com/

>TQ/prompt:
>>
File: bow2phuvvn6d1.jpg (149 KB, 672x936)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>Just learned the wheel of potential schizo was right and WOTC said they would errata the card to how it's supposed to be played.
Bet that troll was pretty vindicated.
>>
help i need 12 more cuts

https://archidekt.com/decks/8215309/food_and_fellowship
>>
>>93205029
The current stance is the way it's meant to be IS how it functions, but as-written it's not 'right', yeah. Probably they'll just remove "may" from "you may pay X" or add an "if you do" clause.
>>
>>93205038
>UBslop
Cut the entire deck.
With scissors.
>>
Revworked version when?
>>
>TQ/prompt
Best two colors commander for each color pairing?
>>
File: file.jpg (167 KB, 672x936)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>93205056
He's a furry now
>>
>>93205029
This has been known for at least two weeks now.
>>
>>93205056
Ward - Sacrifice a nonland permanent.
Haste
Each land you control has exalted.
>>
>>93205047
based
>>93205038
fag
>>
>>93205029
What happened here?
>>
>>93205210
Three mana draw your whole deck because they forgot to put "if you do" clause when paying the energy.
>>
>>93205235
Huh? If you don't pay any energy x is 0
>>
>>93205252
This was boring last week fuckface.
>>
>>93205260
I have no idea what you're talking about but it sounds like you can't read
>>
>>93205210
>>93205252
Don't argue with autists and faggots
>>
>>93205268
>I have no idea
You just could have stopped there.
>>
>>93205276
You clearly don't understand the card or magic. Is English your second language?
>>
>>93205252
so when you cast you declare X
because it says "you may pay" X energy you don't have to pay any energy,
if it said "if you paid energy" or "if you did" on the second part then everything would be fine, but it doesn't.
>>
File: 1718762869403.jpg (532 KB, 1800x1348)
532 KB
532 KB JPG
What commander for this feels?
>>
>drink too much
>miss a bunch of triggers
>forget to attack
>still win
>>
>>93205303
Genuinely who would ever interpret it this way
>>
>>93205324
that's what the card says anon, everybody knows what they meant for it to do, but Wizards fucked up writing it.
>>
>>93205324
The judge
>>
File: 1712132687629076.png (12 KB, 225x225)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
What app or website or excel sheet do you use for managing your singles or decks?
>>
>>93205331
This reminds me of the henzie eratta where a bunch of autists thought they were so clever for pointing out it didn't actually work as intended... And then wotc just erattad it to work
>>
>>93205316
Tergrid
>>
>>93205364
which is what they're going to do now
>>
>>93205303
>so when you cast you declare X
No you don't retard
You get and pay energy as part of the resolution
>>
File: thb-254-forest.jpg (147 KB, 672x936)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>Alternative TQ
Do your decks have a theme for basic lands?
>>
>>93205303
>because it says "you may pay" X energy you don't have to pay any energy,

If you pay none then x is 0
>>
>>93205406
I always get basics from the set or plane that my commander is from. So krenko has basic lands from ravnica, xenagos from theros, etc
>>
>>93205406
If your lands aren't the same set and artist as your commander, are you even trying?
>>
>>93205363
Decks I use tappedout because I started using it 10+ years ago and never bothered switching to something else. Singles I don't bother tracking but if I had a card scanner I'd think about it.
>>
>>93205406
Yes. Usually it's whatever lands I feel capture the aesthetic/vibe of the deck. I put good amount of thought into it.
>>
>>93205363
Moxfield for decks, with MTGGoldfish for deck pricing for $100/$250 deck restrictions.
I don't manage my singles but I know for one I'm hiding an Ozolith in case Wise Mothman needs a powerspik.
>>
File: 1719678498113859.jpg (139 KB, 571x800)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
Post cute norn
>>
>>93205411
MtG rules are literal, and X is determined by payment in explicit instances. In this case, it isn't tied to a payment. You just choose X and work from there. It's poor wording for the intended effect doesn't provide an alternative effect for not paying what you declare for X.
>>
>>93205029
We weren't being schizos or trolling. We were being CORRECT.
>>
>>93205411
>107.3f Sometimes X appears in the text of a spell or ability but not in a mana cost, alternative cost, additional cost, or activation cost. If the value of X isn’t defined, the controller of the spell or ability chooses the value of X at the appropriate time (either as it’s put on the stack or as it resolves).
Wheel of Potential's X isn't any of those listed in the above rule, so you can just choose whatever the fuck you want.
THEN you decide if you want to pay it or not.
THEN you do the exile/draw of the card, regardless if you paid the energy or not.
This is how the cards works as written. It wasn't intentional, and Wizards has confirmed in was an error and will be given rewording errata to fix it.
>>
The funniest bit to me about Wheel of Potential was when MaRo was informed of the error, and instead of looking at the card, or doing even the simplest of google searches for any discussion about the error, he publicly went "duuuuurrr, what's wrong with it?"
https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/753739674337656832/if-when-errata-for-wheel-of-potential-to-work
>>
>>93205411
WOTC literally agreed the card is worded incorrectly and will errata it, Why is this even an argument? Admit the schizo was right.
>>
>>93205029
the most retarded thing is when we would point to tabak saying "yes, it will be updated" and contrarian, wotc dickriding faggots still came out in full force to say "noooo you're a schizo and wrong and illiterate!"
>>
>>93205495
>Admit the schizo was right.
If they were right then they weren't schizo.
>>
File: 1719619037009863.png (3 MB, 2482x1890)
3 MB
3 MB PNG
>>93205507
Broken clock , twice a day ect ect.
>>
>>93205364
imagine being so okay with eating lazy slop that you deride those who actually understand the game and the rules as autists or schizos just trying to ego boost themselves. no, we should really just let this game devolve even further, never complain about poor/nonsensical wording, just suck wotc cock. that's all we should do. eternal slobbing on the greasy knob of wotc.
>>
>>93205324
Me, I will shoot you in the fucking face live at PTQ if you fucking tell me otherwise you fucking cocksucker. Now X=30, I'll decline to pay energy and Draw 30 cards. What the fuck timmy gonna du?
>>
>>93205545
Timmy cc's and a 1.1 dtf . fafo over a children's card game lmao
>>
>>93205316
Numot
>>
>>93205406
why do I feel like the only person that absolutely despises the theros full arts
>>
Thirty (30) starting life is objectively superior to fourty (40)
>>
>Cast Ulamog, the Defiler, targeting the upgraded Caesar guy with the dangerous board
>Exiles the mardu ultimatum
>Annihilator 7
>All three opponents are scrambling around for answers, apparently the cat dog guy needed just 1 white to exile him (which he didn’t have)
>Comes back to me
>Cast all is dust
>Swing at Caesar guy with Ulamog
>Has basically no board state
>Other two scoop
>Can constantly WUBRG Azlask to give my 4 spawn annihilator 1
>Caesar guy scoops
Joshua, if you’re reading this, I’m sorry I targeted you down as harshly as I did :(
>>
gayDH
>>
https://edhrec.com/deckpreview/-w_c2qakj3AR54JVIZqZOw
anything i can cut or add to this budget elf deck to make it better? was thinking of cutting Staff of Domination for The One Ring but what else can I do?
>>
>>93206619
or a better decklist with those commander that wont rape my wallet
>>
>make nagas snakes
>delete viashinos, which is magic original tribe with rich history in the game but keep ,for instance kobolds which aren't really magic specific
>don't make centaurs and minotaurs their respective types
so, which mythological creatures are fine? just western ones and generic dnd ones? isn't that kinda fucking stupid?
>>
>>93204992
>Cloud Strife, Ex-SOLDIER
>Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
ugh
>>
>>93205038
See the ones that have that weird triangle mark at the bottom? Cut those.
>>
>>93206716
Nagas have been part of a type mess for a while, since before the recent type changes some humanoid snake creatures were nagas, some were lamias, and some were just snakes, depending on when the creature was printed and from what plane it was from. Giving all them a unified typing at least makes it consistent and makes it easier to build a snake-man tribal deck when you aren't forced to choose between 3 different types of snake-men.

Generally with the type changes for animal-people they seem to be going with well-known mythological creatures like minotaurs retaining their own type (centaurs and kobolds too, but they're not quite the same, since if you removed centaurs' unique type you'd probably have to make them human horse instead of just horse and that'd be weird, and kobolds aren't really based on any one animal: DnD kobolds are mostly lizard but Japanese kobolds are dog-people and Warcraft kobolds are rats. Even MtG kobolds vary between them looking more reptilian or mammalian depending on the card), while MtG-specific animal races like viashino and leonin just having the animal type (leonin were already cats before, so making viashino lizards just makes them consistent with most MtG-specific animal-people). Naga are an except to that since they are a mythological creature, but they did have the aforementioned mess with two other snake-people types which people have been complaining for years, so I assume they finally found an excuse to actually fix that.
>>
Is there a recommended article for evaluating your decks power level? I'm new to the format and need to learn your gay self-imposed house rules to not make any of the trannies at my LGS upset because my deck is too good to compete against their shitheap budget piles.
>>
File: one-268-island.jpg (212 KB, 672x936)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>93206010
I just feel its mid. For one it's not even a land. Same goes with the Phyrexian emblem fullart ones but they're better at least thematically. Like a signpost that says "This is an Island" in Phyrexian
>>
>>93205504
not me being WotCel, probably because english isnt my first language.
i still cannot grasp the problem here, for me the "pay x" is in the brackets of "may", so where does the whole "just say and never pay X" even come from?
>>
what's the best commander to fuck with blue players?
>>
>>93207153
join them. nothing more infuriating than the cold hard truth by putting a mirror in front of them
>>
>>93207153
This temur badass.
>>
File: 1535345421007.gif (1.62 MB, 320x240)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB GIF
why do all the singles shop charge a lot for sol ring or arcane signets or other normal staples? they are ripoffs.
No i wont pay you $3 AUD for a sol ring.
>>
File: clb-662-aboleth-spawn.jpg (137 KB, 672x936)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
It's OUR Dockside.
>>
>>93207462
why does blue get the most obnoxius creatures?
>>
File: legalevidence.jpg (58 KB, 1080x945)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>93207462
the most frustrating game i was ever in was against a Jacob Hauken Mono U goodstuff value deck, and a Lonis, Cryptozoologist Simic durdle shitstain with clues and some flicker.
The Hauzken player had Aboleth Spawn out and the UG crayon eater would not stop flickering his Farvhaven Elf. You can take a good guess who just ran away with the game.

never before in my life did i want a person to be castrated so bad
>>
>>93205406
I always choose a specific artists and art that fits what my deck is trying to do. For instance my Mayael deck which is basically just a pile of cards from my favorite artists and has lands specifically from those artists that are very nature centric. I even have a few bob Ross proxy forests in there too.
>>
>>93207462
It really doesn't need the ward stapled.
>>
>>93205406
My Phyrexian tribal deck uses the Phyrexian full-art land from ONE, and I kept the retro-border lands for the BRO precon. Other than that I don't really have a specific theme, other than wanting to avoid lands that clearly don't fit the theme, like using the Phyrexian lands in my other decks. I guess my Hakbal merfolk deck is sort of on theme as most of the creatures are either Ixalan or Zendicar merfolk and all the basic lands are either the LCI that came with the precon or Zendicar full art lands I had on hand.
>>
File: too-much-rain-mei.gif (270 KB, 498x295)
270 KB
270 KB GIF
>budget deck US/Europe: $50 usd / $30 bongs
>buidget deck Australia: $150 aud+
>>
File: kraken island.png (704 KB, 1039x289)
704 KB
704 KB PNG
I need replacements for pic related in my Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle deck because I'm limiting the budgets of a few of my decks. Any new interesting (budget) tech in this year's sets?
>>
>>93207889
why would you remove cards from your list, if you do already have them? the whole point of budget is to save a penny and see how far it takes you.
or do you not have it in paper yet?
>>
>>93207889
Do you really even need an amulet in the first place?
>>
Did Nadu rise high in cEDH tiers? Or are the typical powerhouses still better
>>
>>93207773
that shit makes it doubly annoying, stax pieces (i would count that) dont deserve this. imagine Thalia having an extra ward 1
>>
>>93207901
because my group doesn't play cards exceeding prices of $10 and they all play decks with less than $100 budgets. I just want to play fair.
>>93207921
probably not.
>>
>>93207970
fair enough, i'd cut great henge, Studies and Finale for them being just super staples.
but i'd say budget doenst necessarily equate to lower power
>>
>>93205406
Only white border. Everyone has full arts these days so slapping a stack of heavily played white border basics with mismatched art onto the table looks funny.
>>
>>93208007
yeah, everyone uses their own tricks and jank. I'm mostly just looking for some new interesting draw engines.
>>
>>93205513
Cope, 24/7
>>
>>93207427
Because sol ring is a valuable card we should consider ourselves lucky it's only a couple bucks if it weren't reprinted so heavily it'd be more expensive than mana crypt
>>
>>93208189
Consider some of this.
>>
>>93207946
The card is in no way a stax piece way to reveal yourself as a shitter
>>
>>93208243
juicy, thanks
>>
File: 1705017349240693.jpg (59 KB, 960x720)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Posting this again in case anyone is interested in giving it a look

>>93204096
>>93204096
>>93204096
>>
>>93208189
you will have a hard time not finding stuff that draws in simic.
Also, does Rhystic draw you cards consistently? I've found is much much more a Stax piece
>>
>>93207930
Nadu is good but not OP. people wanting Nadu banned are complete retards.
>>
>>93208243
Keep looking at bonny pall. Maybe I'll scrap the momir list I'm working on and build a non meme list
>>93208292
You're dumb anon and just trying to go against the grain
>>
>I attack based on who has the highest life total early game
Is the tell-all sign of a shitty player.
>>
>>93208313
my only two methods for determining who to attack are
>priority 1: did they hinder me in any way first
>priority 2: are they in any way a threat to me winning this game
>>
>>93208313
>Anon is mad he got rightfully hated out of a game and comes here to cope
Classic /edhg/ move
>>
File: savage punch.jpg (98 KB, 1024x748)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>93207399
This was my first commander deck I made and it's jut cool shit I pulled over the years and yet my play group is more scared of Surrak than my decks with a real gameplan.
>>
>>93207427
Aren't sol rings only really printed in precons? That means someone has to buy a precon and take it apart for one to enter the secondary market.
>>
>play grand abolisher so the control player can't ruin my plans
>time passes
>do my thing and win the game
>control player laments saying he should have just countered me more
hehe
>>
>>93208313
If I'm at the LGS, my early game attacks are targeted towards whoever has the worst hygiene, if it's at my kitchen table groups, it's Zach. He knows why.
>>
>>93208564
>control player doesnt have ravenform/pongify/rapid hybrid
please stop mislabeling people
>>
>>93208452
>Retard just allowd Phyrexian Etali to just snowball out of control
>>
>>93208313
One of my least favourite things is people who refuse to attack, even a completely defenseless player, because "I don't want to make enemies".
>>
>>93208610
most control players do not have spot removal, that's sort of the key weakness of control, not being able to deal with things once they've actually resolved. It's why the archetype isn't used by literally everyone
>>
>>93208610
How do we feel about this versus Pongify/Rapid Hybridization?
Ravenform sucks unless you're in colors that have no other way to deal with artifacts.
>>
>"We play for fun"
>Snap concedes the microsecond things don't go their way
I'm starting to think the more competitive the pod is, the more fun they ACTUALLY have...
>>
What would be a good commander for these two fellas sitting in my binder?
Don't really want to make a mono green deck as I already have one.
>>
>>93208760
I'd rather run suspend and reality shift
>>
>>93208802
falco spara
>>
>>93208802
>Refuses to make a deck because it already shares a color with one he already has
No one cares, Anon. Stop restricting yourself to such a dumb standard and make whatever deck you think looks fun.
>>
>>93208802
>gay answer
Nadu
>straight answer
Chishiro
>meme answer
Moritte
>>
>93208785
Stop sucking your own dick, faggot
>>
New Lorwyn leak from a friend of a friend not sure if main set or commander set

Morophon, The Limitless
1/W 1/U 1/B 1/R 1/G
Legendary creature - Shapeshifter

Affinity for creatures, changeling

As this card enters, choose a creature type. If an ability of another permanent or spell with the chosen creature type would trigger, it triggers twice instead.

Ward - This card's controller creates a token copy of this card except it's not legendary

4/6
>>
>>93208785
>I'm starting to think the more competitive the pod is, the more fun they ACTUALLY have...
my pod have started an arms race and we got to this breaking point where everyone now plays with an expectation to win and honestly?
the salt is all gone now, giant fucking turn around and the games are fun
instead of someone getting upset when they lose they just think about their deck instead or how to change their strategy.
Feels way better
>>
>>93208785
>>93208848
>Self proclaimed "plays for fun" casual getting btfo by sunlight
>>
>>93208855
>Zoomers discover what the history of the world knew about games since their inception
"Muh social contract" fags can't go away fast enough. Your pod sounds fucking amazing, btw.
>>
>>93208828
>>93208819
Thanks. Some good suggestions, I'll do a little brewing and see how the lists turn out.
>>93208827
If I can't find something I like I'll probably end up using kodama as the commander. Still, I only have a few decks and would rather do something fresh.
>>
File: 1595347563938.gif (1.33 MB, 320x223)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB GIF
>It's another, "no infinites/combos/fast mana" from the G(xy) player that draws 15 cards and shits out exrtra lands with a fuckload of value engine creatutes that flood the board for doing basic game actions episode
These people literaly don't event want to play MtG at this point.
>>
File: 1719087914365366.jpg (165 KB, 539x418)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>friend built slogurk with all the new lands from MH3
>he just cycles through copy land effects and strip mines
>none of the other players packed any land hate
>finally get to a state where I can exile his graveyard and most of the problem lands by stealing his crop rotation while he's tapped out with slogurk's ability on the stack
>go to get my bojuka bog
>it's missing out of my deck
>lose to 5000 zombies and marit lage
>>
>>93208785
>>93208855
Iron sharpens iron.
>>
>>93205316
Awaken blood avatar
>>
>>93205406
Yes. Every Deck I have has a different theme.
>All basic lands are foils, each from a different set
>All BL are snow covered despite not using the mechanic
>White deck uses only pick related
>One uses BL's in the shittiest condition imaginable
>>
>>93208907
i legit hated the concept of infinites until i built my first deck without green, its just kind of a necessary evil at this point
>>
>>93209329
I like infinite as a one off way to end a game that's been going on for too long. If your deck's entire build is to get the infinite going then it's just lame.
>>
>>93208872
it's actually been fantastic, we play constantly, like multiple times a week constantly
plus, I know it's kind of cheesy to say but before magic we didn't spend nearly this much time together so I'm really happy to just be able to spend time with them all.
A few days ago I actually admitted that to one of them and I think he thought I was joking because he said something like
>I can't tell if you're laughing at me or with me
I must have giggled or something.
But yeah I've never had more fun and I truly enjoy every moment I spend with them. Honestly, it's become the thing I look forward to most in my days and I mean it
>>
>>93205029
I wasn't trolling. I just said "this doesn't work as intended within the current rules right?" and Wotc bootlickers started sperging
>>
How do you handle changing cast cards/attackers/defenders/targets/etc. after the fact in your play group?
Just had a 3 hour game where everyone tried optimizing their rounds and by the end everyone was extremely pissed off.
>>
>>93209937
What do you mean changing it after? Unless you have a card that changes your target then you cannot. Your deck winrate should rely on your own skill not takesies backsies
>>
>>93209979
>takesies backsies
That's what I'm talking about.
What's the limit? Like, if you have an exile creture card, and you cast it, but then realize there was a higher priority creature you could have exiled, is it okay to change targets?
In this game it was a constant switcheroo with "oh, I'm not attacking with these creatures if you're blocking with these" on top of the former target switcheroos.
>>
>>93205363
Cockatrice deck builder
>>
>>93210023
For me personally, as long as the next game action hasn't happened then small takebacks are fine. Once they cast another spell or blockers are declared, it's locked in. If they're ahead, I'm even more strict.
>>
>>93210023
You don't allow it.
>>
>>93205163
you are hired
>>
>>93210023
Maybe once a game is the limit for me. If you're just going to take back actions everything they could go wrong then you don't even want to play a game, not sure what they get out of it. The only kind I'm okay with is people rearranging their tapped mana, provided they haven't drawn new cards that turn yet. And for myself I allow none cause I'm a grownup and I should live with my mistakes, hate how infantilized most edh players are
>>
>>93205252
This is why we aren't yugioh. If you print shit wrong then that's what the fucking card does. We go by the wording and not "Well...CLEARLY THEY MEANT...." if it says it wrong then it's not wrong, you're wrong. The card trumps any "intentions" a designer had unless an errata is issued

Be careful with your wording.
>>
>>93210023
At our pods table accidentally targeting a hexproof/shrouded creature/permanent and switching targets is okay as long as it's not done constantly... but no casting take backs. Nor do we allow attack/block take backs after they've been declared. Missed triggers are lost if they are "may" abilities and missed that are not "may" triggers are allowed to be used only if it happens sparingly.
>>
File: itp-67-forest.jpg (214 KB, 672x936)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>93208042
That was going to be my original plan for the landfall deck, but kinda ruins my theme of "All basics are pre-portal and 6th edition, with text instead of logo with all printings are different" like pic related.
>>
>>93205324
Top level PT judges
>>
>>93210299
No they didnt? Top level PT judges said they would interpret it as intended anon. Either way WOTC is wrong and its a shock how poorly run their company is to the point they can't even decipher their own shitheap of rules anymore
>>
>>93205324
MTG rules is like constitutional law.
Everyone understand how it's supposed to go, but if it's written by a retard, someone will find a loophole and get away with it.
>>
>>93206894
Mercenary is a creature type now.
>>
>>93210339
Proofs?
>>
File: 1717049772789278.jpg (1023 KB, 1170x1912)
1023 KB
1023 KB JPG
What are some artifacts?
>>
>>93206716
The naga thing being snake would be okay if it was just rounding up types like they did with dogs.
I have no idea what was wrong with viashinos.
>>
>>93210405
Phyrexian Portal
>>
>>93207036
There are plenty of articles tackling the same power level issue. Unfortunately I'm yet to find one that ends with something solid.
There's no consensus to power level right now, and I'm sure budget isn't one as my $30 deck consistently wins games in a pod with decks above $200.
>>
File: tsp-297-mountain.jpg (225 KB, 672x936)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>93205406
The basics are always landscapes the commander is from and whatever plane most of the cards are from. In the case of my brudiclad it's mirrodin/new phyrexia, kaladesh, and time spiral because brudiclad was first mentioned in time spiral and of all the new phyrexia and mirrodin stuff
>>
>>93210405
Sol ring
>>
>>93208802
You down with the clown?
>>
>>93206716
Seems kinda racist to just call leonin a cat or a loxodon an elephant. You might as well retype humans to apes
>>
>>93205406
Not really. I just use what I have near by. I don't want to spend 5-10 bucks on basics, so, I don't usually go buy a bunch of a cool one or my deck.
My favorite basics are all super expensive, anyway.
>>
>>93206716
Why would anyone want these types to be unplayable though?
>>
File: bad mana crypt.png (7.38 MB, 3288x4488)
7.38 MB
7.38 MB PNG
>>93210405
>>
>>93206010
Probably because they look like pokemon energy cards. I genuinely think those were originally going to be enchantment basics but they pussied out and just made them full art basics
>>
>>93210023
My pod generally allows takebacks if it's a total retard play, like targeting something with ward when you don't have enough to pay it or trying to counter Dovin's Veto
>>
>>93207049
>>93210574
I don't like them either, something about the mana symbols being in the actual art is just fucked up to me. They're just represantations of the colors for us, the player, in the game. They're not in-world symbols that the characters use or whatever. Like they really didn't think about it at all. And yeah, it isn't even a land. It's kinda dumb if part of Ravnica is a plains or whatever but it's still a land and not something abstract
>>
>>93206894
A soldier of fortune is still a soldier
>>
the whole color identity thing with lands confuses me
what about the format would break if people could run lands that produce colors not in their color identity?
>>
>>93210623
I mean the theros ones are kinda make sense because it's the nyx, which is an immaterial place of concepts that are given shape by belief. So in that particular case I think it's fine. The phyrexia ones and mild west ones don't get a pass.
>>
>>93208313
>When they only attack who is open, not who is the threat, even if their creatures are bigger than the threat's
I hate people who only like to see life total go down, and know nothing of putting pressure on the threat. I've never seen the aggro player who plays like this win, they only ever let the actual threat win the game.
>>
>>93210648
Why do you need lands in your deck that produce colors you can't use?
>>
File: clouds.png (3.97 MB, 2018x938)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB PNG
>>93205406
Absolutely, every single one of my commanders has one or more lands that fit the theme.

Ardenn/Anara:
https://scryfall.com/card/jmp/43/plains
https://scryfall.com/card/jmp/77/forest

Dargo/Malcolm:
https://scryfall.com/card/isd/260/mountain
https://scryfall.com/card/afr/268/island

Feather:
https://scryfall.com/card/dom/252/plains
https://scryfall.com/card/rna/263/mountain

Karlov:
https://scryfall.com/card/gk2/50/plains
https://scryfall.com/card/gk2/51/swamp

Light-Paws:
https://scryfall.com/card/neo/294/ja/plains

Neheb:
https://scryfall.com/card/akr/317/mountain

Obyra:
https://scryfall.com/card/lrw/287/island
https://scryfall.com/card/lrw/291/swamp

Toshiro:
https://scryfall.com/card/neo/297/ja/swamp

Varina:
https://scryfall.com/card/jmp/56/swamp

Yorion:
https://scryfall.com/card/jmp/48/island
https://scryfall.com/card/m13/231/plains
>>
>>93210648
Nothing would break it would just be stupid and useless they would not function
>>
>>93210648
People can do that, a black blue deck can produce red from a mana confluence. Color identity rules for what you are describing matter more for deciding something like if kenrith is 5c or mono white. And the format is pretty broken already, the idea behind it is more about making thematic decks.
>>
>>93207111
The problem is that X can be set to any value you want, and the card doesn't actually check whether you paid energy or not. It lets you pay energy but doesn't check if you did. All other energy cards in the set are formatted differently.

It's obvious what the designers wanted the card to do, but they forgot the words "if you do". Those three words make all the difference.
>>
>>93210691
Because lands have other effects than mana production.
>>
>>93210691
Can I use a selesnya guildgate in my Omo deck so I have 10 gates that have different names and don't have to use trash like thran portal?
No?
There's your issue.
>>
>>93210023
>That's what I'm talking about.
>What's the limit?

Back in early 90's the magic rulebook said you're supposed to allow your opponent takebacks if he notices his mistake before you do another game action, and that's how we have always played it.
>>
>>93210749
Generally speaking if that's the case the land will have a colour identity and then you're not simply being a bad player but a cheater
>>
>>93209830
I don't understand why everyone is so quick to defend WOTC when they make an obvious mistake. I tried explain to one of my EDH groups I play with and they just could not wrap their heads around the very concept that WOTC could fuck up wording. When WOTC announced they'd change it they still are in denial anything is wrong. I just don't get it. It's gotta be actual brainwashing at this point. The mere concept that "big rich company " can make a mistake, as long as big rich company is "woke" of course, is unimaginable to them. Like just read the goddamn card, for real.
>>
>>93210691
Why do you need off color fetches?
Ban shit like flooded strand in a non U/W deck.
>>
>>93210754
2 things
Omo let's you have 10 differently named gates with the everything counters, you don't NEED a serpents fileshare for a mazes end win.
And not every color combo is entitled to every strategy. I'm not going to sit here and complain my mono black deck can't have biovisionary wins.
>>
>>93210793
>Serpents fileshare
Lmao i mean selesnya guildgate. I do be phoneposting.
>>
File: hazezon.jpg (91 KB, 312x445)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>93205406
Both of my Hazezon decks have these
https://scryfall.com/card/ktk/251/plains
https://scryfall.com/card/akh/266/mountain
https://scryfall.com/card/akh/269/forest
Was sorely (yet unsurprisingly) disappointed in the Outlaw basic lands
>>
>>93210791
>land that produces colours
>land that doesn't and has no identity
Not really the same there big guy!
>>
>>93210791
I run off colour fetches in my monocolour deck. It allows a few more high skill plays and the shuffles improve deck consistency so you dont have a massive clump of whatever you played last game fucking up your day.
>>
>>93210754
They just gave you a new gate to use
>>
>>93210793
You are now changing things to require an extra body on the board that is easily disruptable instead of just reshaping the earth for your 9 gates and maze's end.

>>93210823
To stay within blue/green you have to utilize every single non-UG gate regardless of how shit. This also means you produce less on color mana.
It is objectively worse than just running more off color guild gates that can still produce one of your colors. The inability to do so does have a negative impact on the deck.
>>
>>93210749
What mana producing land do you need in your deck that you can't use because of color restrictions?
>>
>>93210807
>I-it's not the same
why is the card frame U/W?

>>93210818
uh sounds like you're just a bad deck builder bro
>>
>>93210848
The opposite, I have 10+ years experience and routinely play legacy pauper and vintage. Additional shuffles improve your deck's consistency and allow you to get rid of shitty cards on top of your library. It also lets you get mystic sanctuary.
>>
>>93210790
Beliving that a big Zaibatsu is without error is just a modern version of beliving that there is a perfect god. People need to belive in something because otherwise our modern civilisation is insufferable.
>>
>>93210839
>Ignores the party where i say not all colors should have access to every strategy
You literally CAN do it in your colours, have a commander that enables it even more, and are still complaining. It's not like it's even a good strategy you are getting your panties in a twist over. Kill yourself.
>>
>>93210790
>random politics shoved in
you had a point until your autism peaked behind the curtain
>>
>>93210839
>To stay within blue/green you have to utilize every single non-UG gate regardless of how shit.
Wrong. Even ignoring turning things into lands, everything counters and copying lands, there are 11 gates in UB.
>It is objectively worse than just running more off color guild gates that can still produce one of your colors.
Also wrong. There is only one gate in UB that can't make colored mana. Not to mention the new gate guy that makes 2 mana of any color per gate.
>The inability to do so does have a negative impact on the deck
Still wrong. You'd Build around it if you weren't a bitch who demands everything accomodate them. Chromatic lantern, prismatic omen, dryad of ilysian groves, dunechanter, omo, etc.
>>
>>93210848
>why is the card frame U/W?
Because mongs like you need easy indicators for what a card does. A sacred foundry is also a colourless permanent, even though it has a RW frame.
>>
>>93210905
It already says what it does in the text box. There shouldn't be a U/W frame. Stop doing exactly what >>93210790 said
>>
>>93210790
Point of fact, the vast majority of mtg rules do not exist, they are just oracle rulings. They literally do not need to errata anything, nor even make any new rules, they could just slap it on oracle and call it a day.
It's more so the idea that any judge would make that ruling during a tournament. We just had a huge Modern tournament and no judge upheld the apparent "correct" reading. It's such a nothing of a problem being upheld by people who genuinely feel they need to prove this point, even though they are not even 100% correct.
>>
>>93210916
That post has nothing to do with a U/W frame, retard. That post is talking about broken rules text.
>>
>>93210919
>you on the left, your daddy corporation on the right
What the fuck does any of this have to do with mtg?
>>
>>93210926
Was there any actual attempt to get the actual correct reading? No judge having done so is irrelevant if no judge was asked. The judges are also, objectively, wrong to do that. Not new from the same group to DQ people for...looking at the top of their deck post match.
>>
>>93210791
I don't and everyone that does is a faggot that goes against the spirit of the format
>>
>>93210926
Why do you live wotc cock in your mouth so much? It's wrong, been admitted to as being a mistake, tabak has even said it will be updated. Why are you still compelled to come here and say "nooooo your wrong!"
>>
>>93210972
because some judge said he would rule wrong because he himself sucks WOTC cock.
>>
>>93210926
The problem is that such a simple thing slipped by WOTC in the first goddamn place. This is just another symptom of a larger problem in the game. You can't keep forgiving every single fuck up WOTC, the money printing service owned by Hasbro, makes. Everyone keeps saying "its no big deal" to everything.
>Curled foils? don't worry bout it
>Massive price increases for less card? Not a big deal
>Frequent wording mistakes? A non issue
>Products being printed in limited batches consistently? Quit crying
>Legendary cards not in the right frame? nonissue
>Secret lairs going from good value to literal trash reprints with mostly meme art? Who cares?
The simplest fucking thing the billion dollar corporation could do is paying some nerd to read 1000k cards a month to make sure they are worded correctly with no typos and work within the rules.
>>
>>93210987
>he simplest fucking thing the billion dollar corporation could do is paying some nerd to read 1000k cards a month to make sure they are worded correctly with no typos and work within the rules.
They do that, but the old guard of actual nerds who understand the rules were all laid off for being too expensive and replaced with seattlites still in college with their first job, so that wotc only has to pay them 45k a year.
>>
>>93211020
Me when I lie
>>
>>93208802
>would be a good commander for these two fellas sitting in my binder?
>Don't really want to make a mono green deck as I already have one.

These would work well in a Animar Soul of the Elements.
>>
File: 1712672392592296.jpg (24 KB, 500x490)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>had 5 man group
>3 of them were only into it and stopped playing for various reasons (other interests, alchoholic, was only there for the other guys)
>the other guy who was into edh swapped to warhammer
wat now?
>>
File: Cedh bad play.png (178 KB, 472x648)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>Be cEDH Sperg
>say they care about "the spirit of competitive play"
>No, this isn't match fixing, I'm just being "political"
>Still want to pretend cEDH is about competitive mtg

Why are cEDH players so horrible?
>>
>>93211081
I know this feel

>group had 6 people interchanging pods
>two basically stop coming because they refuse to clear their schedule for EDH nights and just come once every other month
>another went total radio silence. No idea if they died or some shit
>just me and two others left now
Soon as they quit, I'll probably quit. I don't want to play with the randos at my shop.
>>
>>93211081
>>3 of them were only into it casually
holy fuck Im retarded
>>
>>93210790
>>93210987
I feel like wording mistakes on cards are an easy mistake to forgive compared to all the other terrible and woke shit wotc is doing, in this case it's obvious how the card was supposed to function. They should have caught it, but at the end of the day this issue doesn't matter compared to print issues, HR issues, etc
>>
>>93211024
lmao no, wotc has been devolving for quite some time from a company that lovingly crafts their products into the shape of every other zombie-hydra corp. loyalty and skill/understanding mean very little when they can get someone else to do it cheaper. massive fuckups don't matter that much, the entrenched playerbase is strong enough that they can tank a few big hits, and massive fuckups give them the excuse to can someone and replace them with someone cheaper.
>>
>>93211131
Any evidence of your claims made in that original post?
>>
>>93211091
What is his plan if they both refuse? Actually play the game?
>>
this place is high on echo chamber gas if they dont see the obvious collapse of wotc
>*sigh* but like anon *facepalms and sighss again* look at their profit margins they arent dying
meanwhile insider leaks showed that their universes beyond is just barely breaking even due to liscensing rights and they just had massive layoffs this past year and a half. It's really obvious hasbro is making wotc self immolate so they can rake in some temporary dough to offset every other hasbro product being in the red
>>
>>93211146
Trying to convince the table to all agree to a draw because he is in a losing position to give him a better record for the tournament is just "politics" to him, insufferable.

A draw should be by board state resolution naturally or by reaching time, and in both situations a judge should need to confirm that there was no slow playing or that the draw was legit resolved before accepting the results.

Its certainly not a "perk" of the system, it never was.
>>
>>93211136
no but i have evidence of your mom's pussy enveloping my cock. i can send that, if you'd like.
>>
>>93210790
A lot of people have trouble conceptualizing the difference between 0 and a nonvalue. To them, drawing a nonvalue of cards is exactly the same as drawing zero cards. And there's an exponentially larger number of people who have trouble *noticing* the distinction with it being tucked behind a "may" clause, they might understand it if it were explained in exactly the right way but they're capable of arguing for several minutes without seeing the distinction. You're turning this into a political thing in order to frame yourself as anti-corporate. I don't think you're doing it on purpose, I think you're doing it reflexively because you know you're right and you want your argument to sound stronger, but it's still a bad habit. Maybe you print all your cards and you haven't attended an official event in decades, I don't know, but for the purposes of this specific situation you're supporting the big woke corporation just as much as your friends are.
>>
>>93211091
I'd just call a judge.
>>
>>93211091
wait, what the fuck is this "i slide him my fierce and say it resolves" and "i show force?" is this retard literally just giving away the info of what is in his hand as an intimidation tactic? what the fuck? most retarded shit i seen all day.
>>
>>93211091
Did he have a game effect that allowed him to reveal his Force of Will or did he just reveal it because he felt like it?
>>
>>93211154
>meanwhile insider leaks showed that their universes beyond is just barely breaking even due to liscensing rights
This has literally never been proven, it's just retards here misunderstanding that LotR not being as profitable as sets that sold worse doesn't mean they lost money on it.
>>
>>93211154
You constantly state this and are constantly wrong. No one is going to listen to you because you have been saying this since 96
>>
Why was >>93210919 deleted? What was posted?
>>
>>93211091
This is why everyone who "politics" gets the rope. How does he even know he wont get veiled or countered? It's hubris.
>>
File: file.png (848 KB, 1525x620)
848 KB
848 KB PNG
>This is a board-state Calamity is capable of on turn 5 with no fast mana
Christ. I dont even know how to power this down without making it totally ineffectual.
>>
>>93211461
Sol ring is fast mana.
>>
>>93211401
>>93211154
They've made some noteworthy woopsies in the last year or two, but people underestimate how much this sort of company can fuck up and still make money (just like they underestimate how easy it is for a small-but-successful company to get shuttered by corporate retard politics). It's also a bit of a cry wolf scenario, especially in the last decade with all the idpol shitters saying that woke goes broke. A lot of their recent moves look like cash-out moves, but it's not like they're going to die tomorrow or even next year, it's more like they're going to prioritize short-term profits even more and pay even less attention to the health of the hobby and then they'll see how many years they can ride that out before trying something else.
>>
>>93211334
He intentionally reveals it, says "I COULD cast this, and if I do or not you dont know, so one of you COULD lose, but I wont tell you which player it will be, but if you all agree to a draw we all get at least 1 point instead of the winner getting 5 points and the rest of us getting 0."

Basically he wants the game to end in a draw, awarding himself and his opponents a more favorable score, and is intentionally trying to bluff his opponent's into going along with him, instead of playing the game out.

This guy writes cEDH articles for a site, he's such a shitter.
>>
>>93211479
Sol ring was cast on turn 5 in that goldfish.
>>
>>93211453
Use 4plebs to search for the post number.
>>
>>93211091
>I slide him my fierce and say it resolves
kek I'm doing this from now on
>>
>>93205534
Are you daft? The point is that being a rules autist is literally pointless if you know how the card is intended to function
>>
>>
>>93211489
its fast mana regardless of if you cast it on t1 or t100. it just makes a bigger impact on t1.
>>
>>93211488
Fuck I should write cedh articles as I am not a faggot. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>93211503
>bosh but strictly better
i am very bored
>>
>>93211488
>He intentionally reveals it,
What game rule allows him to do this??
>>
How is playing edh over something like tabletop simulator?
>>
>>93211516
SO WHAT HES FUN
>>
>>93211522
Cursed Scroll?
>>
>>93211495
It's just some Pokemon slut cucking some brown dude.... Some mod must have been cucked by a white guy in the past LMAO. Wow, 4chan has fallen so far that innocuous post like that are deleted but off topic threads on /v/ can get 300+ replies regularly
>>
>>93211526
TTS is excellent with friends, dunno about playing with strangers tho.
you simply download one of the mtg edh tables, import your deck via url and start playing.
>>
>>93211497
>game built on rigid, very specific words and rules
>NO! you're an AUTIST for not just, like, going off the VIBES of the card, man!
again, why do you feel so compelled to wrap your lips so tightly around wotc's shaft? at this point you are the autist, bashing his head against a wall. calling people illiterate didn't stick once wotc admitted it is worded incorrectly, now you have to call people "rules autists," despite the game functioning much better when everyone knows and understands the rules. i've had actual autists lose their shit in non-edh games because they didn't understand reflexive triggers, said i didn't understand the rules, and had to call a judge (who ruled in my favour because i actually know the rules). why can you not just admit wotc makes mistakes? i sincerely hope you are being paid to run this damage control, because it would be incredibly pathetic to still be doing this and not being on hasbro payroll.
>>
>>93211545
Delete this.
>>
>got my second warning at the LGS for refusing to play with an UBfaggot in the pod
>went home without playing a single game
I'm near my breaking point. Can I report the LGS to WotC for allowing proxies?
>>
>>93211588
Were you crying when you wrote this? Because that's how it reads
>>
File: file.png (220 KB, 857x192)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>93211526
I play exclusively on TTS, and it works great. Theres a table in the workshop with button and shortcut function for most things, but its not fully automated so you have to play it like paper for the most part.
Some things are way easier than in paper too, like counters, clones, token copies, things that would be a hassle in paper are just two click away in tts.
>>
>>93211588
>game built on rigid, very specific words and rules
That's just it, most games aren't like that, even Magic wasn't always like that. "You know what they meant so move on with the game" is a normal part of playing games. The only reason you're used to tight legalistic wording is because that's the standard that Wizards of the Coast sets for themselves.
Also most people can probably tell that you're a posturing twit (and they're right).
>>
>>93211553
>>93211606
cool
will probably swap to TTS from now on because this game is too shit and too expensive to justify putting money into it anymore
>>
Whenever X enters the battlefield or attacks is appearing more these days

With the way they’re changing the wordage to be more concise recently- what would be a good keyword for this?

All I can come up with is ‘Initiates’
>>
>>93211611
The table I recommend is made by "Oops I baked a pie", definitely the best table in the workshop.
>>
File: piracy-26070.jpg (140 KB, 298x431)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
Why have I never seen anyone use this card?
It seems like you're more likely to get value in a multiplayer format than in 1v1 formats
>>
>>93211606
being able to copypasta anything on the table is such a neat QoL feature
>>
>>93211625
this is just counterspell but at sorcery speed
>>
>>93211602
If it's an officially sanctioned commander league store you can report them for allowing non-tournament legal cards.
>>
>>93211625
because they will just tap their lands in response, this only ever sorta worked as a burn spell in manaburn times
>>
>WOTC talking heads admits it was a mistake and will be fixed
>Literal schizos scream it doesn't matter despite it obviously mattering because it's gonna be fixed.
What a strange hill to die on. Just admit you were wrong and it was an actual problem that needed to be fixed and will be fixed.
>>
>>93211619
You could write a magic-like game where creatures "initiate", with lots of simple keyworded abilities that go of when you cast them and/or when they attack, it's intuitive enough if your game doesn't have too many other keywords. But for Magic: the Gathering that's a genuinely terrible idea. There will always be some abilities that trigger only on ETB and other abilities that trigger only on attack and what you're proposing is that enter-and-attack triggers should be worded completely different from either.
>>
>>93211625
won't any opponent just tap out before you can tap them out?
>>
>>93211657
Absolutely cryposting.
>>
>>93211608
>That's just it, most games aren't like that, even Magic wasn't always like that.
"most games" are not magic, they are irrelevant to the discussion. and magic is now.
>The only reason you're used to tight legalistic wording is because that's the standard that Wizards of the Coast sets for themselves.
and there is a reason they moved to that. because the game functions better for it, and allows for more competitive gameplay. there is no "vibes" or "oh you know what they meant." everything is clear cut. it is what allowed the game to flourish for so long.

i again ask: why can you not just admit wotc makes mistakes?
>>
>>93211645
Oh I see.
So the best current use is to give it flash and cast it at the start of a turn to force someone to immediately tap out?
>>
>>93211657
nobody besides rules lawyers ever misread it, but it's nice that it will get fixed either way
>>
>>93211481
I would genuinely bet my life magic will not die anytime this decade.
>>
>>93211694
>Misread it
>Despite the crux of the argument being you cannot play the card as intended if you play it as read in the first place .
>>
>>93211660
I don’t really see the issue with key wording entering or attacking when they’re paired together in order to open up design space for more lines of text. I kind of think they’ll do it eventually despite your counterpoints.
>>
>>93211488
>raise hand and yell "JUDGE"
I am assuming this was a tournament.
>>
>>93211694
>rules lawyers
>rules autists
honestly, it sounds to me like you played a card wrong once and someone pointed it out and now just have an axe to grind.
>>
File: Wakame_Ambassador.png (217 KB, 710x461)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>93211588
>despite the game functioning much better when everyone knows and understands the rules
But again, that's the point. The game does NOT function better when you play with an autist who goes UHM ACTUALLY wheel of potential doesn't work! UMN ACTUALLY henzie doesn't work as written! Your pre-con is TRASH
Anyone with a brain can see how these cards are intended to work and it's only a matter of time before they receive errata.
Wotc should of course strive to have have no typos or rules errors on the cards, and no errata needed, but this is not a realistic expectation. It's not excusing wotc but this is a simple acceptance of what happens in card games
>>
>>93211522
>>93211334
Aren;t you just allowed to give private info if you want?
>>
>>93211729
Yep, and his entire response to a judge call is "the rules say players can draw" as if he doesn't know what he is doing.
>>
>>93211693
pretty much
>>
>>93211516
Can't win off him and infinite mana, so not strictly
>>
>>93211625
I actually use it in my Blind Seer deck as a pseudo-Silence effect. Sure, they can still tap artifacts and dorks, but 2 mana to shut off lands is pretty nice.
>>
>>93211602
WOTC won't care and honestly you should probably stop before you get arrested for trespassing.
>>
>>93211779
Also not you or him but to play the devils advocate Bosh is an artifact which opens up some synergies albeit adding some weaknesses
>>
>>93211681
>i again ask: why can you not just admit wotc makes mistakes?
See >>93211195, that was my first post on the subject, you ignored it because it was reasonable and you were too busy cryposting.
Perhaps it would have made you feel better if I had explicitly "admitted" that Wizards of the Coast can make mistakes, but that's very silly, everyone knows that Wizards of the Coast can make mistakes.
>>
>>93211759
Stalling the game to force players to listen to your monologue while forcing them to verbally deny your offer for match fixing is the real problem here. People can draw in games because Wizard's would have tournament players intentionally slow play to time to force draws, because players are such gamey cheats.

Its stupid because he writes articles about the format and thinks this behavior is acceptable.
>>
>>93211767
My favorite mono blue commander besides Arcanis
>>
>be me
>nadu chad
>ignore the rule 0 conversation until a find a group that will play
>take 10 minute turns ramping and drawling like no one has ever seen before
>win every game
Bird Wizard chads we just keep winning! Thanks wotc for the new simic toy, so based.
>>
>>93211727
It's an issue because it makes the game harder to learn. New players will be inclined to think that initiate works differently from normal enter/attack triggers because, and there's no counterpoint in terms of simplifying the game or making it more elegant, the only upside is making more room for more words. Which, yea, is the direction that they're generally moving in.
>>
>>93211844
The game is already unreasonably difficult to learn so I’m not sure this is really relevant
>>
>>93211741
it literally never came up in a real world scenario up until all the youtube videos. Why would casuals assume that you could just not pay an X cost and still get an effect?
>>
>>93210963
>>93210972
God damn ESLs. Learn how to type before trying to argue.
>>93210987
That is quite a slippery slope.
The point is that the card literally works. THAT is the point. That has nothing to do with any other part here. If you want to say WotC is slipping, that's fine this is one of your bullet points for that. But standalone, this IS nothing.
>>
>>93211763
Judges don't need to make calls based off the actual rules as seen with the whole wheel debacle being discussed in this thread. If he wanted to DQ him for "unsportsman like conduct" there's little he could do, especially if the head judge agrees. At that point he can just write angry tweets.
>>
>>93211377
UB sets do need to clear a somewhat higher bar to be able to be profitable, though. I would not be surprised if ACR has some problems there. The most this really argues for, though, is that they WILL still keep making non-UB sets because they're just cheaper.
>>
>>93211840
I'm actually a fan of the rise of turbo cancer decks because I get to play my cancer deck without feeling bad
>>
>>93211602
>refusing to crush a UBfaggot without mercy so that they may reconsider their faggotry
I’d kick your weak ass out of the LGS too.
>>
>>93211872
>play the game
>against my nadu deck
That’s funny
>>
>>93211715
I'd give it like a 7% chance of "dying" in the next decade. I'd give it a 35% chance of being viewed as an unsuccessful game for a brief period of time and needing some sort of hype-reset maneuver (not an actual new edition, just a bunch of nothingburger stylistic changes which are discussed as if they were a new edition) in order to "save" it. They're in a position where they can fuck up catastrophically several times in a row and still make money, but they're also leaning into it pretty hard, trying consistently to spend less and make more and I think there's going to be some sort of minor crash when people get tired of commander.
>>
Got called a sweaty tryhard..

Upgraded my deck from:
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/Qxgg3t-xPk2981lz6IxJdw

To
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/aJibmJBVFEu2jmVRAfK8vw
>>
>>93211759
I haven't read the comprehensive rules in like 10 years but I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", I think there's a specific rule saying that you can't reveal a card unless something lets you.
>>
File: 1719473046408629.gif (438 KB, 280x280)
438 KB
438 KB GIF
>>93211602
>people actually exist who are this autistic and get tossed out of their LGS because of it
You need genuine help and honestly should just stop playing if you hate the game so much. I'd be shocked to see someone do shit like this and not realize how pathetic they are and how much the room is cringing at them.
>>
>>93211871
Assassin's Creed is going to flat out flop though.
That license isn't expensive, but it's an IP that has spent more time dead than alive.
It's going to be like Dr. Who where basically no one in the community gave a shit and the products rot on shelves.
>>
>>93211861
It's not a slope though. Everything in that post has happened. I thought WOTC fixed the curled foils for lairs at least but my fucking Sheldon lair was curled when I opened it.
>>
>>93211924
timey wimey is still selling for over 80 which makes it one of the priciest precons in the past year.
>>
>>93211890
>play the game
>against my Teferi Counterspell deck
Loving Every Laugh
>>
>>93211927
even non foils curl now
>>
>>93211938
Great what about the other three?
>>
>>93211924
I'm not convinced, I think there's a significant overlap between people who played the shit out of Assassins Creed games and people who started playing Magic in the last 10 years, but my reasons are purely anecdotal.
>>
>>93211754
yeah, so i am right. >>93211741 if everyone understood the rules everyone would understand why those cards don't work and the game functions better for it. previously you fags who said there is nothing wrong with the card came out and said anyone who reads it the way it is written is illiterate, now you're just upset at "rules lawyers" because wotc has said it is worded wrong.
>>93211815
that post is not reasonable. nowhere is X defined. the rules text must define X. even if you think any reasonable person understands the intent, that doesn't matter. a few threads ago i even gave a potential correct wording (there are several ways you could do it), and you fags still cried that i was wrong and illiterate and that wotc was right. wotc has already admitted it is wrong. so now all you have is complaining about "rules lawyers," people who are actually doing good work by making sure someone is doing the job wotc isn't, for the betterment of the playerbase as a whole.
>>93211861
>The point is that the card literally works. THAT is the point.
it does not, wotc even admitted it does not work (except in digital, because it was coded correctly). even if a judge is expected to rule in favour of intent, that does not matter. that is not what this whole discussion is about, or what pointing out the flaw is about. you being so upset that anyone would ever even point out their mistake is insane.
>>
>>93211924
It's an ad from ubsoft to remind people asscreed exists. Destiny 2 also just got an asscreed cross over and an ass effect cross over. It wouldn't surprise me if these were actually some sort of commission I can really think of any other reason these dead franchises would randomly get cross overs
>>
>>93211938
Timey Wimey is inflated by like three cards, and the rest of the precons flopped. Even the collector boosters flopped.

>>93211927
>People still buying foil secret lairs
Uhhh bro? Always go non-foil

>>93211969
You can look at the engagement on social media, YouTube, and web postings to get an idea. It is currently performing worse than Dr. Who, which itself was the worst set in 2023 in terms of general engagement.
>>
>>93211951
Are we really back to kaladesh-amonkhet quality cards again? I haven't been buying cards other than a few singles since March of the machine
>>
>>93212016
>that post is not reasonable.
lol
>even if you think any reasonable person understands the intent, that doesn't matter.
lmao
You posturing twit.
>>
>>93212040
Quality control is also awful in all ways. Every precon I have ordered comes with cards damage inside the box and shrinkwrap. I also frequently get cards with white ink dots splattered on them.
>>
>>93212017
Mass Effect makes sense since that franchise does well with actual merch sales.
No idea how Assassin's Creed got there
>>
I only go by the intent of cards which is why I tell people to suck my dick if the card was errata'd. The designer didn't intend the change so I will play as intended.
>>
>>93211951
Do you live in a place like Florida with crazy humidity? I live in an arid climate and I've never seen a nonfoil curl, and I open a lot of packs (drafting).
>>
>>93212125
So Cal. It's only cards from certain sets as well.
>>
>>93212172
Which ones? MH3 and OTJ were definitely typical in my experience.
>>
>>93212047
yeah, like i said. you made a rules infraction once, and now have an axe to grind against anyone who actually understand the rules or how they work. the fact that you are so intent on deriding anyone who points out a mistake is proof of that. this is not a game for "vibes." wotc should not be printing cards and expecting people to play it based off of "vibes." errata is best, but it is still worth complaining about, hopefully it is a signal to wotc they are fucking up. it's happened multiple times in the past few years, to the point we can expect at least 1-2 cards a year that require mechanical errata. this used to be a very rare occurance. the people who point out the mistakes and get wotc to errata/course correct are doing a service.
>>93212094
based mox diamond enjoyer.
>>
>>93212016
>yeah, so i am right.
Lol you fucking autist
>even if you think any reasonable person understands the intent, that doesn't matter.
Posturing twit. It's pointless to talk to you
>>
>>93212225
I was wrong to think that your anti-corporate posturing was an accident, I apologize, I hadn't yet read your other posts.
>>
>>93212205
Usually SLD's. I think they just use the worst possible quality shit for them. Could also be how they sometimes pack those.
>>
>>93212047
>>93212256
>making the same post twice
jesus, wotc shills. get your shit together.
>>
>>93211154
What a retarded post you don't understand finances anon
>>
Is the non-Outlaw clause better or worse than the 2 life loss from Infernal Grasp?
>>
>>93212276
I'm in the same area and my non-foil Secret Lairs never curl. I'd even say all the Secret Lairs I've bought over the last year and a half are far better quality than the cards from actual sets.
>>
>>93211516
>wtf my 20 year old car got powercrept
>>
>>93211602
The fact that this post might be true ans you came here to boast about it is truly embarrassing
>>
>>93212016
>it does not, wotc even admitted it does not work
Wrong. They said they would update it for clarity. It literally does work. No judge at any event has ruled otherwise.
This is such a waste of argument. It literally works. Why do you need this so bad?
>>
>>93212398
tabak has outright stated "it is an error and will be updated accordingly." it does not work within the confines of the rules, even if the judges are expected to rule in favour of intent.
>Why do you need this so bad?
why do you need wotc to be correct so bad, even when they've admitted it is wrong? or why do you need the "rules lawyers" to be wrong so bad? you are the one so intent on calling people illiterate rules lawyers even after wotc themselves have admitted it needs to be changed. where did the rules lawyer touch you?
>>
>>93211910
They were right
>>
>>93211924
I have never played an assassin's creed game in my life and I am very excited for the set. It's likely going to be the first time I buy sealed in years
>>
>>93212323
One is a condition the other isn't. Use your head.
>>
>>93211910
>liberty prime in the 99
I will now copy your deck
>>
>>93212642
Why?
>>
>>93212642
bait used to be believable
>>
File: 94328794.png (2.26 MB, 1920x1080)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB PNG
>>93212651
>>
>>93208650
best way to deal with that is to openly declare that you are now their enemy, preciscley because of this and hit them in the face. Teach them that nothing is sacred, and that you all are enemies the second you all sit down to play.
then you may attack them too
>>
>>93212323
2 life is literally nothing
>>
>>93212669
>>93212677
The cards look cool and the art isn't jarring in the slightest. The real world people is kinda silly but meh I like the rest
>>93212696
I'd rather lose 2 life than. Not being able to hit something.
>>
>>93212651
Both have conditions.
>>
>>93208785
Always has been.
Like the other anon said "build for fun, play to win". My favorite is still playing fringe cEDH, to try out commanders that aren't that common in the format but stand their ground.
>>
>>93212809
No?
>>
I really wanna make a 5c tazri activated "tribal" deck but there's so many fucking cards to look through
>>
Huh in 12/36 packs of my box I've already pulled every single card I wanted including volatile stormdrake, nadu, flare of duplication and bloodstained mire + windswept heath. Sorin, kozilek and emerald medallion were some nice little extras
>>
I really wanna make a 5c Tazri magic: the gathering card "tribal" deck but there's so many fucking cards to look through
>>
File: 1713105383344042.gif (1.39 MB, 500x376)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB GIF
Only been playing precons, pretty new.

Making my own deck is intimidating
>>
What's a good RBx Artifact and/or Treasure deck that isn't Imskir?

I found out I like Marionette Master more than Imskir himself and want her to be my main squeeze.
>>
>>93213306
Promise
House
>>
new
>>93213333
>>93213333
>>93213333
>>
File: 6[1].png (105 KB, 378x635)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>93213251
precons are the most fun you will ever have before you learn about the most disgusting combos known to man.
making your own decks will soon be the only joy this game will give you.
I recommend to try building something very simple first, like mono red burn with a commander like Ojer Axonil. Can't get much more simple and straightforward than burn. If you prefer creatures, token creature decks are always braindead easy to build and pilot.
>>
>>93205056
Hes too cool to hsave a rework.

They'd just make him a nigger anyway
>>
>>93210805
The Tarkir one made me think about the plains now. Was going to find the Amonkhet ones but will definitely take time.
>>
>>93211602
If it was Warhammer/DND/Baldur's Gate UBfaggotry man why you have to cry?
If it was Doctor Who/Fallout/LOTR/Asscreed/Transformers you should have chosen to join and try to put all resources in beating up on the guy. Counterspell everything he uses and stax accordingly.
>>
File: 40887845.jpg (76 KB, 510x510)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>93211526
There's big discord servers where you can find a game any time of day.

As for TTS, it's about on par with playing in paper, in terms of convenience.
single button to untap everything, tutor basics easily, easily make copies of cards.
but harder to communicate big numbers of attackers and blockers.
Not as convenient as something that handles all the rules and doesn't let you make illegal plays like arena.

As for the people, it's hit and miss. A lot of over powered fags but the good games make up for it and you can make friends and only play with them.
>>
>>93213251
You don't have to nail it first go, iterating and refining is just as fun.
combos are gay, it's okay to have standards and stick to them.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.