[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1699728624453872.png (677 KB, 724x724)
677 KB
677 KB PNG
least chromed out Iterator Edition

>Previous Thread
>>93362003

>Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/WiCHizn0
>Mediafire
https://mediafire.com/folder/s9esc6u7ke8k5/CofD
>Mega I
https://mega.nz/folder/ePQ1BKhJ#RCosRCh59Ki2Mpb1M9H3Uw
>Mega II (also containing fanmade games)
https://mega.nz/folder/ZbQ2zLJA#DOT-3df6rS2lLet4_RmqJQ/folder/gfASQLSB
>WoD5 Mega
https://mega.nz/folder/7rQQ1LbQ#16_AiXVGo0P3_rVOJuoZyA
>STV content folders
https://pastebin.com/9i9zhydQ
>General Creation Kit
https://mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw
>Ideas: BJ Zanzibar's WoD
http://167.99.155.149/
>Anders Mage Page
http://mage.gearsonline.net/anders/
>White Wolf Wiki:
https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Thread Questions
do you ever have crossovers with other supernatural/sci-fi media in your games?
>>
I think WoD needs a lot MORE anime influence in the next edition. VtM, WtA, MtAs are already chunni power fantasies, might as well cash in.
>>
>>93392387
>next edition
Ever the optimist, I see.
>>
Anybody who's read Forsaken, how did they change Werewolf reproduction from Apocalypse? I assume they cut the bestiality entirely, are Werewolves still discouraged from breeding with each other and need humans/wolf-blooded? Or is there another way the Werewolf curse is spread?
>>
>>93392403

Yeah, if werewolves breed they produce a ghost-wolf-child who causes all sorts of problems. It's been a while since I played Forsaken though.
>>
File: god 45.png (240 KB, 522x490)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
>>
File: god 45 II.png (396 KB, 532x826)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
>>93392561
why his stat block is so weak? Considering he is signature character of Wayward creed, feared & loathed by other hunters in universe & later being Extremis Wayward (that means being extremely powerful Imbued) but non imbued hunters like Sullivan Dane, Capathias Smith have way more impressive stat block & random 12th gen vampire could butcher him, what gives?
>>
>>93386856
>>93388597
I see what you're going for, a sort of Vampire Hunter D or Blade.
Dhampyrs aren't good for that (or anything other than jerking off about how they're le different IMHO) and Requiem doesn't have the VtM version of Revenants.

The Revenants it does have are a little like Thin Blooded but they wake up each day starving, and don't quite get many benefits for resisting sunlight. They can be pretty cool to play but probably not what you're looking for because of the inconvenience.

I'd suggest going with anon's idea about causing agg damage to yourself to get Vitae, maybe tie it to an Ordo Dracul implant organ in yourself to signify you're bonded to someone who you hope never to meet. Or just play a regular Vampire who hunts other Vampires.
>>
>>93392352
What is Iteration X’s thing, anyway? Are they the Warframe/Terminator Convention?
>>
>>93392570
because he is described as someone who uses edges and terrorist tactics, he is not meant to fight a 12th gen in a shootout/fistfight he is meant to fire bomb them during day

of course this is kinda ignoring that other splats could also use some of their powers for terrorist tactics if they wanted to, but that's problem with htr in general
>>
>>93392690
They make tools. Engineers, builders and craftsman. Their most impressive achievement is a PC which was so lifelike it got possessed by a piece of the weaver and fooled everyone else into thinking it was sentient.

If you play as them, you are encouraged to become an inventor, but not a mad scientist.
>>
>>93392690
They do make the Hit Marks, which are the Technocrat terminators, and are also making cyborg implants and power armor. But they also make the Technocrat smartphones, taught the Void Engineers how to make their ships and other toys, and are making the timetables that try to predict sleeper humanity's technological advancement.

They are basically the actual inventors of most things hardware and mathematical in the Union... with a not uncommon hard-on for cyborg transhumanism
>>
In V:tM how does learning/teaching other disciplines work? one of my players really wants to learn a new one from a friendly NPC but I dont know how disciplines are actually taught and how long it takes to learn them
>>
>>93393253
unless it's a blood sorcery in which case it can take years. You drink the blood of your teacher and then you talk about the very basics of the discipline, there is no time given for non sorcrey disciplines so i always assumed that it's either done in a scene or between stories/chapters
>>
did the caitiff book ever get finished?
>>
Can someone explain to me Mages Avatar in Mage the Ascension? I though that the are basically very deep & primordial part of human's soul (or humanity's in general) & in theory every human can awaken to become a mage? and this similar to what wiki states but my friend from playing group said that Avatars are entirely separate entities & more akin to shards of elohim or maybe God that connect to humans as spiritual symbiote to continue exert influence over reality
>>
>>93393561
the problem is twofold first is that mage is a lot of "i think that's how the setting works so it works like this for me" so if you ask a etherite, a verbanna and a hermetic you are getting 3 answers to what avatars are. verbana to stay with the example think the ability to cast awakened magic is related to having a super ancient mage bloodline and if you don't have such a bloodline and awaken you just didn't know it

and second is that the angel shard thing is from a demon the fallen novel and demon the fallen is infamous for demonsplaining how other splats are wrong about their own cosmology and unlike changeling it's not played for laughs where it's pretty obvious that changelings are talking out of their ass, no demons are meant to be right and many fans and some writers from other game lines hated that for obvious reasons
>>
>>93393561
The ideas change on which version and splat you're looking at. From a mage's perspective, it's the bit of their soul that drives them towards ascension and allows them to exert their will on reality. It's an advanced form of willpower and the thing which makes them more than human. It is also a stranger in the mind, a foreign concept.
>>
>>93393602
so thats why True Magic & True Faith are related in Celestial Chorus splatbook, as both are basically derived by sheer belief?
>>
>>93393052
Half the shit he's credited in flavor text isn't possible with that statline. ofc, authors pulling stats outta there ass is nothing new as Imbued NPC are generally in lower tier stats wise
>>
>>93393658
please correct me if i am wrong, but isn't that his first state block? meant to be god45 at the very beginning of the splat line?

not that white wolf wasn't retarded when it came to npc stat blocks several vampires apperntly did not spend a single exp between 1145 and 1999 after all, but i was under the assumption that god45 becomes stronger over the books like you said he becomes Extremis hunter later
>>
currently translation the second nosferatu from vienna by night and is it me or does
>Then i meet ignaz, who blew the bagpipe like no one else; our captain had made the old man as piper and drummer into our sounders/group. in the evening at the campfire he taught me his art

sound a bit too much like innuendo? it's the same in german, but he is actually talking about music... i think
>>
>>93393716
I dunno. There aren't any other stat blocks of god45. What we know we survived well into apocalypse, detones stolen nuke in west bank (meteor hitting India and this kinda corresponds with fyodors prophecy that "God will smite city". But his stat block in wayward creedbook indicates that he is well on path of extremis as described in book fall from grace. There was also in time of judgment book I believe that he summons mealstorm from oblivion indicating that he has access to dot 5 deviancy edge, so he's independent extremis by the end.
I think his stat block in wayward creedbook is what he is for most timeline of hunter the reckoning. His edges would be the same as extremis locks out gaining of non primary path edges but his stats could be buffed to match other notorious mortal hunters.
>>
File: Augustin.jpg (34 KB, 313x312)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Augustin from vienna by night

So there will be no doubts: I am a Hero. My goal when I went to war - a mortal boy of not even fifteen years of age, son of a penniless small farmer - was to make a name for myself. But in actuality, I didn't want to lose my life, and most real heroes aren't known to live long. I dreamed of the renown of a warrior, but I didn't want to die for it.

In my first real battle, at sixteen, I got away by a hair's breadth, but I got a deep stab wound in the leg. We won, and suddenly I was a hero - that was what I always wished for. But the heroic existence has its dark sides - one is always sent on new dangerous missions.

For a while, I wandered around the area with my comrades as a soldier, murdered, and inflamed the surrounding area, and soon a legend formed around us. We marched from region to region, and death rode with us. But slowly I grew weary of the smell of blood and the groans of the dying.

Then I met Ignaz, who played the bagpipe like no one else; our captain had made the old man our piper and drummer. In the evening at the campfire, he taught me his art, and when I wasn't frolicking in the straw with Livia, our Lombard marketer, I was practicing music like crazy. In addition, I learned how to carouse with the mercenaries and whores - to be honest, I did it with everything that wore a skirt and drank like a hole.

Ignaz followed us into battle when we fought, a gray wolf, whose heroism was told in landsknecht tales.

Then one day, our captain told us we would reach a small village in the evening and pillage it. The next day, he sent his tattered warriors into the village to ravage it.

The village, whose name I have forgotten a long time ago, looked eerie as we reached it at the beginning of the night. But we needed supplies and pushed onward, pushing all fear to the wind as we entered the buildings.
>>
>>93394647
Everyone lay dead, men, women, and children, covered in festering and black bumps, some with eyes looking yearningly to the sky begging for salvation, while others had agonized features on their faces. I was just about to leave again in disgust when I heard a woman's voice sigh in another hut - if someone was still alive, then I couldn't just leave them behind! I would save this woman, like a hero should.

In the hut, I found a revolting figure, covered in worse festers than all the corpses in the other huts, littered with fleas, and covered in rags. She was barely recognizable as a woman.

And with her dirt-covered nails, she ripped open my throat...

From then on, the haunting song of my bagpipe only played at night. I fled to Vienna, where I was born, and the plague traveled with me. I hid myself in the graveyards, only drank from fresh corpses and the dying. Yeah, the great pandemic was terrible - and one day, three people dragged me out of the hut I was hiding in and threw me together with the dead first onto their plague carts and then into a mass grave. I only survived because the corpses they threw at me mostly shielded me from the sun.

Still, I was heavily wounded when the Trödler found me and took me in, and since then I am again someone; I am important because I sit in the secret council of the city of Vienna. I have everything under control. Just sometimes, the haunting song of my bagpipe only plays at night - and in my opinion, when someone looks like me, no one can blame me for feeding only on the blood of the drunk...
>>
>>93394654
Sire: Rabbat
Embrace: 1449
Looks like: around 50

Description: Augustin still wears the scars of his previous life as a landsknecht on his body and face. His nose is bulbous red and resembles a comic parody of a drunkard's nose. One never meets him without his bagpipe, and he often has a leather bag hanging around himself in which he stores a book of traditional folksongs. Augustin only wears black, often with a wide-brimmed floppy hat, and he owns a rapier hidden in a walking stick that he, however, does not like to use.

Roleplay advice: You walked through the well of the plague. Morbid songs and the vitae of the drunk keep your artist's soul, fueled by dreams of heroism, alive. At first, you only went to the meetings of the secret council out of loyalty for your savior, the Trödler, but now you think this activity is important. Konrad von Babenberg once called you an "old drunkard" in one of these meetings, for which you vowed revenge.

Haven: Augustin lives in underground Vienna.
Secrets: B+
Influence: None - at least in the secret council, as Augustin's fatherly friend, the Trödler, revealed it to be the farce that it is. But should push come to shove, he is able to use some of the less volatile secrets of the Trödler for himself.
>>
File: Augustinstats.png (65 KB, 315x487)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>93394662
Nature: Roughneck
Demeanor: Architect
Clan: Nosferatu
Generation: 8

Physical: Strength 4, Dexterity 4, Stamina 5
Social: Charisma 4, Manipulation 2, Appearance 0
Mental: Perception 2, Intelligence 4, Wits 5

Talents: Alertness 5, Dodge 4, Intimidation 4, Brawl 5, Performance 2, Athletics 1, Streetwise 3
Skills: Stealth 5, Music 3, Melee 3, Security 5, Animal Ken 5, Survival 5
Knowledges: Bureaucracy 2, Camarilla-lore 2, Catacombs-lore 4, Linguistics 2 (English, French), Investigation 4, Politics 5, Destruction 3

Disciplines: Celerity 2, Fortitude 3, Potence 4, Animalism 4, Obfuscate 3
Backgrounds: Clan-prestige 3, Retainers/Followers 2, Herd 5, Status 2
Virtues: Conscience 3, Self-Control 3, Courage 5
Humanity: 5
Willpower: 8
Blood: 15/3

Notes: there are two secret council's in vienna the secret concil that features both ventrue and now nosferatu members and the true secret council that only features tremere, page 50 states that Augustin is a member of the later while the rest of the book says he is a member of the former, also i am not sure why he thinks it's important when the trödler told him it's a farce

this text is using a lot of "-" i assume that is Augustin's speech patterns so i kept it

Rabbat is the only surriving carrier of the vampiric version of the plague and a red lister in modern nights

a bit of spoiler Konrad von Babenberg is the leader of the ventrue of the city, if only because Valerianus isn't interested, and member of the secret council who wants to take the city and surrounding country from the tremere, however his current plan involves getting outside support from Gustav Breidenstein the prince of berlin after he takes control back of his city, which most of you know probably know why this won't be happening
>>
>>93393275
NTA but does that risk blood bonding you to the teacher?
>>
>>93392570
The dude is a Wayward, not an Avenger. Avengers are the ones that fuck shit up personally, Waywards plan and lead others.
>>
File: v20 corebook page 128.png (495 KB, 419x873)
495 KB
495 KB PNG
>>93394791
yes, some teachers even tell you that you need to drink their blood every time you want to level up the discipline

it's false, but it's a good way to blood bond younger vampires who don't know better
>>
>>93394823
I always forget how much of a pyramid scheme vampire society is

I guess that's especially true for the tremere kek
>>
>>93395110
yeah not even counting the clan intern stuff if the tremere decide to teach you thaum they want you to drink from their cup of blood that is enchanted to give you a one step blood bond you to the council of 7 like a tremere neonate AND want some of your blood to store in vienna
>>
>>93393561
the avatar is one of the following
>external spirit sent too guide you
>external spirit that bestows power upon you
>the manifistation of your genius
>the manifistation of your soul
>schizofrenic delusion caused by the sheer power you possess
>your subconsciousness
>not a thing
these are all in classic mage fashion equally canon and correct

okay but actually it's just the part that let's you do magick, I don't think they ever explained why it let's you do this or what it is. could just be embodiment of your soul or something it really depends on what the ST feels like
>>
Need some meme Mages for an upcoming game
So far
>Sex wizard - all his magic is sex-related (Looks like Richard Simmons)
Was made before his death
>Bun Coven - Spirt summoners and matter warpers who only make things into bunnies or have a rabbit ascetic
> 45-year-old fat plumber magic girl - doesn't look the part but that doesn't mean his pink star wands beam is any less deadly
>His mascot buddy is a talking rat that dresses like a 20s mob boss
Rats name is Rata-tonny Carbosa
>>
>>93395314
how about a paraonid eitherite of the "there is no magic it's SCIENCE" camp who is fully convinced the other mages are hidding their high tech equipment to mess with him personally
>>
>>93395314
Marauder convinced he is Neo after watching the matrix. Has matching powers and is convinced his agent smith is his kindergarten teacher.

Awakened goldfish with insane levels of power and a evil genius mentality.

Some dude named Bob that magic and reality slides off of like water on a ducks back. He is mostly oblivious to this fact and is just living his 9 to 5. Something like him going to get a case of beer after work, doesn't notice or deterred by a hurricane, the liquor store opens when he approaches and enters, cashier manifests when he pays, street lights on as he walks and his apartment is the only one powered. Could even set this one in an abandoned town.
>>
bruh the next character in vienna by night is a 9 year old looking nosferatu domina
>>
>>93395488
>Marauder convinced he is Neo
That sounds like a really fun villain
>People who step into his bubble get turned into Agent Smith clones
>>
>>93395617
>cry emoji.png
>>
File: Spoiler Image (124 KB, 640x818)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>93395314
>>Sex wizard - all his magic is sex-related
(Looks like Richard Simmons)
oh please, I've got better idea
>>
>>93395617
Why is it always 9 year olds whenever they make an underage embraced?
>>
>>93395833
no idea, Augustin the stupid drunkard even waited for the night before the 9th birthday before embracing her

"hero" my ass
>>
File: 1721445762693227.jpg (402 KB, 2000x2000)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>93395833
>Why is it always 9 year olds
It isn't? Genina is 9, but Elaine is 10 and Cherubim 6.
>>
>>93395714
That's a Sex Nephandus though
>>
>>93392403
In 1e two werewolves mating created a Ghost Child, which was a big fucking problem.
Becoming a werewolf was at least partially genetic, since werewolves tend to emerge from lineage, but the exact circumstances are nebulous at best and there's a lot of conjecture around the topic.
The best bet you have is to mate with a wolf-blooded, which seems to tip the %s in favor of creating at least more wolf-blooded and a few werewolves along the way. On a sidenote, nuzusul (werewolves who haven't Turned yet) can emerge from both wolf-blooded and normies, further confusing the issue.

In 2e most of that still applies but they did away with the Ghost Child concept. Two werewolves mating still isn't a guarantee that the kid will become a werewolf, though it does seem to have the highest outcome (I might be misremembering that, I don't remember if it's stated anywhere specifically or just implied).

In both editions breeding with wolves is treated as a rumor. A thing you heard once about X tribe or Y lodge doing fucked up shit. Supposedly the Predator Kings are actively trying to make it work and there's at least one Hunter in Darkness NPC that's so old and mysterious that rumors of them being born of wolves fly around.
>>
>>93394803
In most cases yes, but in books he usually does killing on his own, though I'd agree that he would probably plan some kind assassination or bombing to take out enemies
>>
>>93395917
>In 2e most of that still applies but they did away with the Ghost Child concept. Two werewolves mating still isn't a guarantee that the kid will become a werewolf, though it does seem to have the highest outcome (I might be misremembering that, I don't remember if it's stated anywhere specifically or just implied).
They make wolf-blooded. No one is born a werewolf, all werewolves come from wolf-blooded.
>>
File: anette.png (104 KB, 316x316)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
Annette Moster the last nosferatu from vienna by night

Now, did you like my poetry? I am sorry, but I can't say this all in a friendlier way. Did you feel somehow unsettled? Well, it's a true story; you could say autobiographical.

Why did I want to tell you my life's story? Well, I am not the kid you're seeing, but even as a child, you could rather lure me in with a quote from a horror novel than the candies that my big sister Wanda ate in large amounts. Even back then, when I heard the laughter of the others at the playground, I felt sick. Have I told you already that we lived very close to the central graveyard and that I found a place where I could crawl past the wall?

One night, as I sneaked out of the house, I saw a man in the graveyard. He was very ugly, but this did not scare me. I was never afraid of stuff like that. Then he played and spoke to the rat that crawled out of his sleeve, then pulled out a bagpipe from the nearby bushes and sat down on a grave cross to play. I just had to get there.

I think I scared him because he nearly jumped into the bushes behind him as I appeared. But then he felt that I was just as lonely as he was, and we began to walk together through Vienna at night (THEY SAID THE TITLE WOOOOO). I learned that his name was Augustin, that he was a vampire, and even that he was a Nosferatu, and that this existence must be pretty hard.

Back then, I was still going to elementary school, but the school never interested me. Everything there was sooo boring. Soon, I avoided it, skipped class more and more often, and only lived for my nightly meetings with Augustin.
>>
>>93396347
I learned fast how to live in the lightless earth like snakes and snails. Augustin and the Trödler taught me the values of our clan and the Camarilla, but I didn't really care about that. I prefer to read melancholic poetry all night or use practical obfuscation to make myself fresh and meet my like-minded friends, the Lilin. Even more fun is it, however, in certain outfits to go to the club scene and pick up some men that like stuff like that: leather, latex, rubber, handcuffs, gags, and all that.

They look at me funny when I first turn into an innocent 9-year-old girl and then my true self... even though I nearly always have to kill them then.

Once, I sent as a symbol of sadness and the lack of communication in this city a cut-off tongue to the chantry (the German books use guild house). However, somehow that was not well received as a performance; I almost believe that the warlocks just don't like my art.

Sire: Augustin
Embrace: 1915
Looks like: 9

Description: Annette Moser often wears bright yellow latex jeans, high boots, and a "Goethe's Inheritors" t-shirt. On her shoulder is always Rosa, her black and white dotted rat ghoul. When she moves in certain circles, she wears leather fetish masks with zippers. Annette is very rarely outside without a gun.

Roleplay advice: Your greatest passion is poetry, the more melancholic the better, and the pathos of despair "tristesse oblige" could be your motto. Right now, you endure the meaninglessness of your existence just so, but your texts, which you often read out for the Lilin, are filled with death wishes - and perhaps Vienna will soon see your big Bonnie and Clyde-like ending.

Haven: Annette also lives in underground Vienna.
Secrets: B
>>
File: anettestats.png (76 KB, 316x439)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>>93396356
Influence: Annette's influence is small in comparison, given that she is still a neonate who has nothing to say in Cainite society. Through the Lilin, she has good contacts with other young Cainites, although you can't call any of them her friends. Furthermore, she knows some mortals in Vienna's S/M scene, but you can only call these fleeting acquaintances.

Nature: Child
Demeanor: Seeking praise
Clan: Nosferatu
Generation: 9

Physical: Strength 3, Dexterity 3, Stamina 3
Social: Charisma 4, Manipulation 1, Appearance 0
Mental: Perception 3, Intelligence 4, Wits 2

Talents: Expression 3, Dodge 2, Empathy 2, Leadership 1, Brawl 2, Streetwise 2
Skills: Etiquette 1, Stealth 2, Melee 2, Firearms 5
Knowledges: Bureaucracy 1, Law 1, Languages 3 (English, French, Greek), Investigation 1, Politics 2

Disciplines: Potence 2, Animalism 2, Obfuscate 3
Backgrounds: Contacts 4, Resources 1, Status 1
Virtues: Conscience 1, Self-Control 4, Courage 5
Humanity: 9
Willpower: 9
Blood: 14/2

notes: first of eww,
second etritus you fat fuck why do you have lilith worshippers in vienna? how much a failure can you be?
>>
File: 21.png (54 KB, 400x400)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>93396368
>player character with Child flaw gets their Physical capped at 2
>this mary sue NPC goes up to 3
not to mention
>Humanity: 9
>Willpower: 9
how? why?
>>
>>93396421
obviously it's #lilith_girl_boss_power
>>
>>93396421
i have no idea, i guess she technically doesn't has the child flaw in her profile? none of the characters seem to be build with merits and flaws at all

and i really hope that this is the worst character in this book
>>
File: BotW_pg109.png (327 KB, 1122x730)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
>>93396198
To clarify:
Nobody is born Uratha. True.
Wolf-Blooded can become werewolves. Also true.
But normal humans without the Wolf-Blooded subsplat can become werewolves.
Nuzusul is simply the state of a human or wolfblood with an impending first change.
>>
>>93396726
So the werewolf "gene" (for lack of a better term) does trend in bloodlines, but is not well understood enough to have a high degree of predictability?
>>
>>93396764
It's left intentionally vague. Nobody *knows* if/when/how/why a person will become a werewolf, only that if you start looking at family trees the more werewolves and wolfbloods you have in your family the higher the % seems to be.

There are also moments in history in particular places that seem to cause an explosion of First Changes, like in the Dark Eras WWI chapter - there's just something about France apparently that already made more werewolves than normal and it got way worse during the Great War for whatever reason.

There used to be an optional Wolfblood merit in Blood of the Wolf that modified the % of passing on the wolfgenes, but 2e has altered Wolfbloods enough I don't think it's applicable so it's returned to a state of ???

It's probably multivariable with the added weirdness of an eldritch moon goddess' whim.
>>
>>93396764
What if the werewolf gene was represented by an extra chromosome and all the downies in life are just werewolves that aren't from the golden lineages where having that extra chromosome gives you super powers?
>>
>>93396726
That's 1e
>>
if some of you wonder why i didn't start with page 1 then it's because
vienna by night:

>Vienna is that city, yes the stronghold of a single clan. the most controversal of all clan founders sleep in the deepest abysses of largest Chantry (the german book use guildhouses for chantries) of the blood mages and in the halls above his resting place walks etrius, his Confidant and member of the inner circle, and forms the city in his and his clan's image, all of vienna is imbued with the essence of the thaumatugry clan. those formerly mortal mages who in their hubris stole the secret of immortality shape this city and the mental landscape of the Austria captial city unchallenged whenn the darkness falls whisper the shadows of the Danube metropolis one word and the night in vienna has a name: Tremere.

also vienna by night: things that are directly challenging the tremere RIGHT NOW
>Technocrats that in mortal influence are even above them
>verbanna mages
>a multinational Ventrue Conspiracy
things that are in the background that the tremere seemingly can't get rid of:
>the Nosferatu
>the Lilim
>a fucking Tzimisce
>disunity between their own members with two other councilors trying to get rid of etrius
and then the book ends with a insane anarch caitiff burning down part of the city

pictured: etrius in total unchallenged control and not being so angry that he throw fireballs at a fire
>>
>>93396863
There may be a spiritual factor that if an area is heavily imbalanced that it can trigger it more often, especially in people with the right sensitivity.
>>
File: etrius in controll.png (290 KB, 648x354)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
>>93396982
aaand it didn't load the picture
>>
>>93396928
If you had a quote from 2e sources saying otherwise, I'd like to see it. It'd clear things up.
>>
File: 1000005989.png (282 KB, 1201x564)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
>>93396726
1e is basically irrelevant for werewolf mating in regards to 2e. In 2e Uratha come from wolf-blooded.

>>93396764
Wolf-blooded can just happen. Some people with no trace of Uratha heritage can give birth to a wolf-blooded, or a human can be turned into one through a few means. Wolf-blooded themselves will undergo the First Change seemingly at random. Age plays no real role in it, and there doesn't seem to be a way to trigger it. It'll happen or it won't.
>>
>>93397019
Ah, there we go. Fair enough. I forgot about that line.

Okay so that does add the weirdness that *every* werewolf starts out with some otherworldly Tell. Cool.
>>
What are each of the Technocratic Conventions’ primary Spheres? I know they don’t have Sphere seats because “it’s not magic, it’s science”, but each of them should have a focus.
>Iteration X: Forces
>New World Order: Mind
>Progenitors: Life
These are obvious enough, but the last 2 are less obvious
>Syndicate: Entropy or Prime (Primal Utility)?
>Void Engineers: Correspondence or Dimensional Science?
>>
>>93397193
acording to the m20 corebook all conventions have several possible "affinity spheres" because they don't have 9 seats

iteration x is: Forces, Matter, or Time.
NWO: Mind or Correspondence/ Data
Progenitors: Life or Prime
syndicate:Entropy, Mind or Primal Utility
VE: Dimensional Science (Spirit), Correspondence, or Force
>>
>>93396421
NPC sheets' Willpower and Humanity/Path scores are often complete fucking nonsense, I've seen canonical regular murderers and diablerists hovering around 7
>>
>>93396368
>>93396421
>mass murderer loli with more humanity than our favorite kiasyd

i am not sure that's even meme worthy
>>
>>93397084
Uratha don't retain their Tell, although Wolf-Blooded do retain it for every other template.
>>
>>93397365
I'm a little weary of it because the whole 'I was just a normal Joe' type First Change is a little harder to justify, but you can have one of the less intrusive Tells, so it's mostly fine.

That said the Gangrel with Wolf Sign that just manifests piles if shit and dead animals when nobody's looking is amusing.
>>
>>93397365
Is that stated somewhere or is it by dent of how applying templates works now
>>
>>93392403
Breeding still plays a factor in it, but it's a lot more unreliable. People can also become Wolf-Blooded by crit failing a roll to resist Lunacy, presumably to tie in a bit to werewolf attacks creating werewolves by being attacked. Of course that's mostly represented by a Facet that can temporarily curse someone into turning into a death rage fueled wolfman on the full moon and werewolves biting people who are about to go through the first change so they can taste their blood to better keep tabs on them. This is all a tangent though. In 2e, werewolves can interbreed but its frowned upon because it's seen as disconnecting from humanity too much.

>>93392437
That was 1e. I would have handled it a lot differently though.

>>93395917
Well, there is actually one example of a wolf-born werewolf. The Predator Kings have a messiah named Urazakh-Angir, who's father was a low Harmony werewolf and mother was a wolf. He has the power to balance Harmony and is greatly troubled because whenever he does it, he hears Father Wolf's voice telling him to keep the two worlds separate.
>>
>>93397743
Page 300 of the 2e Forsaken corebook.
>>
>>93395902
Huh i though Cherubim was 9 yo, i know there was someone else that was embraced at 9 years but can't remember or made it up.
>>
>>93397792
>Well, there is actually one example of a wolf-born werewolf. The Predator Kings have a messiah named Urazakh-Angir, who's father was a low Harmony werewolf and mother was a wolf. He has the power to balance Harmony and is greatly troubled because whenever he does it, he hears Father Wolf's voice telling him to keep the two worlds separate.

Oh yeah, that guy. He's like the one in a million nut kid of a batshit crazy HiD and is sterile on top of his harmony thing. The Night Horror books have some good idea fodder in them.
>>
File: 5831.jpg (110 KB, 455x648)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>93398112
>i know there was someone else that was embraced at 9 years
Genina, the Red Poet, childe of Baron Samedi?
there was also 7 y/o Jimmy Holcomb, but his unlife was brief
Vasilisa the Nictuku allegedly takes child-like appearance, but that's one of those "real age indeterminable" antedeluvians
>>
>>93398112
anna from the same book is also 9
>>
>>93398230
>>93398356
Ok thank you for not letting me think i was going crazy.
Still it seems that having no "underage" kindred above the age of 10 is something made deliberately.
I guess it's harder to feel sympathy for a little shit that's 13 since those are the years people are the most insufferable and/or cringy.
>>
>>93398382
Wasn't the Chicago Tremere Primogen like 12 or something? As for teenagers, there's a decent amount of 16 year old vamps in VTDA.
>>
you all with your 9 year olds, meanwhile toy is implied to be a toddler wright

poor guy fits into both a toy box and a hand held doll
>>
>>93398787
Toy is adult midget nugget. Think evil(er) version of Verne Troyer.
>>
File: #nohomo.jpg (198 KB, 850x699)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
some curious folks in that Sabbat
>>
>>93398654
Nicolai was Embraced when he was 9yr old, same age as Anna Federowna from Vienna by Night.
Me and a friend joked around both Tremere kids have a childish pettiness against each other, just like the princess and prince from The Swan Princess movie when they were kids.
>>
>>93398899
Yeah they're pretty bad. I love to hate them, the Sabbat are generally a favorite enemy for my players to fight, even in non-vampire games.
>>
>>93398899
fun fact for 5 years till the mexico city book came out this guy and his sire been the only known city gangrel npcs

so the entire bloodline was, as far as we knew, gay
>>
>>93392387
You're in luck! Onyx Path is producing a JRPG-esque tabletop game with a storysomething system. You could probably pull in some vampires with only minimal changes.

>>93392396
They often probably aren't all that well supported. I don't have encyclopaedic memory, and I don't read game versions/lines that I don't like often enough that I remember much from them. Any time I have to give more than surface-level details of my gripes with the games/lines means I have to go do substantial research.

Ironically, I put in the smiley face to indicate the opposite- "this is a humorous, off-the-cuff statement that doesn't really need a response" (although it is still true)
>>
>>93341762
Does anybody have the source for the image in this post?
>>
>>93399271
Nta but is it Curseborne?
>>
File: Saucing Senpai.jpg (596 KB, 2811x2171)
596 KB
596 KB JPG
>>93399910
You're lucky I have the fuckinnn 4chan x extension so I got a (You), lemme see if I can pull it up on SauceNao
>>
>>93399968
So do i sauceanon. Unfortunately i wasn't able to find it as well.
>>
>>93399930
No, but they are also producing that! That is an urban horror fantasy game, same vibe as WoD but different mythos, I think. Crowdfunding later in the year iirc.
They are also producing The World Below which is... idk, post-apocalypse underground/underdark? And also At The Gates, which is the JRPG inspired one. Crowdfunding was earlier this year for both.
>>
File: lmao.png (761 KB, 1555x1857)
761 KB
761 KB PNG
>>93400001
https://x.com/SlapknuttsOpen
My most likely guess is that its this guy? I cant find this image in his gallery, however I can't find this image either in his gallery so it leads me to believe theyre two different artists. Damnit
>>
>>93398913
Damn that's a wide nine year old then.
>>
>>93396995
Anyone else think Etrius looks uncannily like Meat Loaf? I feel like it had to be intentional.
>>
In 1e nWoD, are spirits fully sapient? Or are they like true fae where theyre kinda just ai chatbots of concepts? I’ve read Mage and Werewolf 1e and the book of spirits, but i’m having a really hard time figuring out if they’re, like, people or not.
>>
>>93400121
Depends on what you want for the spirit. The book shows you many options so you can decide which spirit is sapient or not.
That bull-truck spirit seems not be sapient, while that psychotic pen seems too much sapient for our own good. It's up to you.
>>
>>93400121
My impression was most spirits range from animal to retard intelligence
>>
>>93400121
They're almost certainly sapient at Rank 3, because spirits of a lower Rank dissolve like a sugar cube if put into the Sea of Fragments. Higher then that, and they work like ghosts and the living.
>>
>>93400134
Is it a matter of age?
>>93400201
That was kind of the impression I was getting too, but it doesn’t seem right
>>93400359
Speaking of rank, what are courts actually like? I couldn’t tell if it was supposed to be like human society to some degree or just a metaphor for power structures in the ecology of a wilderness
>>
>>93400433
>I couldn’t tell if it was supposed to be like human society to some degree or just a metaphor for power structures in the ecology of a wilderness
Again, it's up to you. The book gives you options to work out. Some are complex, some aren't. You do you.
>>
>>93400433
Age does not matter.
>>
>>93400437
>>93400443
Man I would’ve expected that they would make it more narrow than that, in a sense. Is this how the spirit world in owod is too?
>>
>>93400498
Yes.
>>
>>93397193
if you want just one sphere then I would say the Syndicate is Prime (their whole thing is gathering tass and quintessence for the other conventions) while the Void Engineers are Dimensional Science (they are the only ones who really learn this in the Technocracy)
>>
>>93400498
It depends on the type of spirit and how powerful the ruler is. Social animals would likely have similar structures to the animals they're based off of. Spirits related to business might have a board of directors. I suspect oftentimes it's sort of a pyramid structure with a ruler who holds ultimate authority, with a few lieutenants who themselves have spirits of a lower Rank under them.
>>
>>93400498
>Is this how the spirit world in owod is too?
gafflings and above can be sentient but they will super-autistically attempt to do whatever they are associated with. even the most intelligent and aware murderspirit will still dedicate 100% of it's time and energy towards making people kill each other.
>>
>>93400062
Where did you get that image originally?
>>
>>93400731
Xitter.
>>
>>93400793
And you don't remember who did it...
I scrounged around and remembered this guy https://x.com/azoinab/media he does mostly fnaf and spiderman related stuff, the way the teeth are drawn and the linework remind me of him.
Do you follow him?
>>
what is your favourite technocratic convention? why do you like them so much?
>>
>>93400834
>New World Order
I like and agree with the whole subtle manipulation of the Masses they’re in charge of. And just how diverse the Convention is. I mean, you can have a Fox Mulder, James Bond, Agent J, Mr. Orange-type “Traditionalist”, a propagandist, or a terminally-online NEET, and they’re all NWO Agents. Also like the fact that we’re the ones who get shit done within the Union.
>>
File: Ghostface.png (3.45 MB, 2896x4096)
3.45 MB
3.45 MB PNG
>>93400816
uhhh used to, I think I got too frustrated with the artist being annoying over something or and dipped I believe. It might be a case of the artist deleting the art too as frustrating as that is.
>>
>>93400834
Void Engineers, exploring new realities and fighting the horrors that lurk just outside of our mundane reality.
also a real bootstrap kinda convention. They won't hide in some lab or factory but rather they charge into the unknown to protect Humanity despite them all being just a bunch of nerds.

also they invented Velcro
>>
Can a tzimisce elder use his zulo form to wield like, 12 guns at the same time?

I'm thinking of a Revolver Ocelot meets bodyhorror type of vibe
>>
>>93401726
sure but I would make the difficulty really high because how the fuck will he focus on them all?
>>
File: 1642334688552.jpg (157 KB, 700x1000)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
for me it's the syndicate. the convention for real yogurt males, the ones who can truly understand the sigma grindset, the only ones who can comprehend how the economy works.

sitting in a lab developing new technology? nah just hire a thousand scientist to do the work for you
building a brand new piece of technology? yeah I think that's a job for the engineers on floor 12
here in the Syndicate we do the hardest work in the Technocracy: paying for your shiny new toys
yeah I live in a mansion and sexually harrass the cleaning ladies as part of my daily morning alpha-male affirmation ritual instead of being stuck in the pod like the rest of you. what are you gonna do about it? complain to the people whose paycheck I sign? whose entire department is being funded solely by me?

oh you think it's unfair? well cry me a river nerd but reality itself is unfair. maybe if you could earn a profit on your own then we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place, start practicing semen retention today and doing daily delta affirmations and maybe just maybe you could be as rich and powerful as I am.
>>
File: Drider.jpg (360 KB, 1500x1071)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
in Masquerade / Requiem, can I make a character who looks like a drider? even if it's just a temporary form.

Yeah I know Werewolf has werespiders but my ST doesn't run Apocalypse
>>
File: Horrid form.png (22 KB, 500x500)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>93401767
maybe he's just really good at shooting from the hip
>>
>>93402051
"48 shots, more than enough to kill anything that moves."
>>
>>93402051
Imagine how good he must be at juggling those revolvers
>>
>>93402023
Best thing I can think of is
1. a Tzimisce who flesh crafted themselves into looking like a spider
2. slight hombrew bug Gangrel
3 .Nosfeotu that can control spiders
4 .Lasombra who has a shadow form of a drider
5 .Tremere magic bullshit
>>
File: 1000006914.jpg (474 KB, 1080x1076)
474 KB
474 KB JPG
how do i find a vtm or wod game, where do I go? I'm going to kill myself if I dont get to play one soon
>>
Just watched movie "Frailty". Damn, that movie is good way to explain hunter the reckoning to someone.
Basic plot is that FBI searches for serial killer and narrator turns himself into FBI office with wish to confess, then he recounts story that he suspects his brother is serial killer and that he and his family can see demons and angel basically instructed them to find and kill demons but other people can't see them
>>
>>93402286
Stop waiting for one to drop and run it yourself! If you need players you can post ads online, ask people around you or kidnap some from the street.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Ferrell
What clan Vasago was?
>>
>>93402023
yeah but it's a elder power: protean 7 "Shape of the Beast's Wrath" allows you to make a somewhat custom made warform

>Her overall shape flows into an unholy amalgamation of her own form and that of the animal she feels the closest kinship to (wolves, rats, and great cats are the most common manifestations, though ravens, serpents, bats, and stranger beasts have been reported
>The vampire’s new shape does bear some vague resemblance to the war-forms of the werecreatures, but the difference quickly becomes apparent
but by raw it like warforms you only get's you extra stats so no weebing or wall crawling unless you get that from somewhere else or st says it's okay
>>
File: yujiro if he real.jpg (240 KB, 1284x1872)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>93392387
OtS: Art of Ogre - The Strongest
>>
>>93402286
Go on discord or something, run a one shot and get a group going.
>>
>>93400834
Void Engineers, Progenitors and Syndicate.
>>
Lorewise, could such a party like pic related exist?
>tfw no official Creature from the Black Lagoon book
>>
I have a question about diablerie. We run V20 black hand rules for diablerie, and last session our malk diablerized a 6th gen tzimisce elder. He only got 1 generation out of it, but I'm confused on how to count the discipline dots. From the example I assumed that I need to cound the dots in disciplines that the victim and the diablerist have in common (in my case, fortitude and dominate only). However, rereading this it seems that I was wrong and he should get the benefits from all 6 dots of Vicissitude the victim posessed, in addition to Animalism, etc.
When comparing the disciplines they have in common he already gets 3 discipline dots. If we count the others he'd get about 7-8.
I'm not particularly sure how exactly this is supposed to work, so I'm asking here. Last diablerie we had the victim had only thaumaturgy and a little bit of Dominate, so there wasn't that much confusion.
>>
>>93404359
Mariner Gangrel takes care of the fishman
>>
>>93404359
>Lorewise, could such a party like pic related exist?
It could but it would be incredibly unlikely to happen. Black Lagoon guy could be ruled 5 different ways.
>>
>>93404501
Gangrels have absolutely nothing to do with freaky fish guys that have to deal with being last of their kind in a World that absolutely does not want them around. Saying Gangrel fills that niche is like saying they can substitute Werewolves, which is dumb because they're two separate fantasies.
>>
File: oj7jga5l11s71.jpg (149 KB, 566x768)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>93398899
speaking of which, why is montreal by night such an amazing book?
>>
>>93404359
Deviant (Conspicuous Appearance 5), Vampire (Player), Promethean (Frankenstein), Mummy, Werewolf, Vampire (using Primeval Miasma)
>>
File: splashbook.png (1.11 MB, 1000x1200)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>93404589
You are right. I apologize
>>
>>93404359
Deviant, Deviant, Deviant, Deviant, Deviant
>>
File: 1444496397307.jpg (39 KB, 374x347)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
So uhhh

Is there any way in OWoD to make combat rules...not...suck?
>>
>>93405636
You play CofD if you care about rules
>>
>>93405636
i've heard that switching v20 combat rules for v20DA combat rules makes things not quite as bad at least
>>
>>93405664
I have V20

Is v20DA noticeably different?
>>
>>93404589
>freaky fish guys that have to deal with being last of their kind in a World that absolutely does not want them around
That's the role of the Salubri.
>>
>>93405680
>playing as a Salubri fisherman with Animalism who wants to make their local fisherman community a safe place and try to influence some economic growth and sustainable life without affecting the sealife
That is a good concept, but too close to Werewolf.
In fact, there's a Werewolf pack in Shadows of UK (new world of darkness) that's basicaly this.
>>
>>93405676
Some Disciplines got reworked, most notably Celerity got nerfed

Also there are alternative combat rules in the Companion that simplify things, like cutting out Damage and Soak rolls and doing away with the inverted initiative order
>>
>>93405722
How do people generally feel about the inverted initiative? I thought it was kinda neat when I first read it, but I could see it slowing things down
>>
>>93405636
you can use the streetfighter and COMBAT rules to make it hillarious instead

but be warned if you do suddently all high end supernaturals also need to become martial artists and one wonder why we ever borthered to invent those useless guns
>>
>>93405759
>How do people generally feel about the inverted initiative?
Not really worth the hassle most of the time.
>>
>>93405759
the best initative rule is the first one too say what their character does goes first

and yes if you say it before the ST can say what the NPC will do then you get too go before them

no take backs btw what you blurt out will be what you do. don't like it? just wait and think instead but then you get lower into the initative order
>>
>>93405636
>>93405658
CofD has better rules, it's just a hassle to convince people to use them if they are only familiar with WoD.
>>
>>93405761
One day I'll have enough courage to ST again using WoD Combat supplement.
I did it once, but with a friend helping me out. It was real fun to play with it.
>>
>>93405831
Sure, yeah, and I have played CotD before. I'm just wondering if, specifically for combat, there is a way to make it less painful in WoD
>>
>>93405831
>CofD has better rules, it's just a hassle to convince people to use them if they are only familiar with WoD.

Which is weird, because being familiar with WoD rules should make you crave anything else, even VtM for D&D 5e
>>
>>93405869
I don't know enough about DA to recommend it but I heard good things about it.
>>
>>93405869
No. Combat in general is a huge Achille's heel for the Storytelling System no matter the edition.
>>
>>93402023
Have fun getting instantly killed by your local hunters and/or other vampires who don't want to get instantly killed by your local hunters.
>>
>>93402023
>can I make a character who looks like a drider?
You could do that with the STV Gangrel clanbook for Requiem.
>>
In nWoD 1e, is there an equivalent to the Arcane merit from Ascension? I know there's Occultation from MtAw, but that's all about hiding your spell's resonance, not yourself
>>
>>93405873
Wasn't VtM GURPS decently popular back in the day for oldfags that wanted to play VtM but wanted something crunchy and balanced?
>>
>>93406658
is it any good? honestly I avoid gurps most of the time.
>>
>>93406551
Occultation 3+ is only reserved for The Mad. IIRC the Left Hand Path supplement covers the Mad and an expansion on their Occultation ("even the reality forgets about you" sort of thing).
>>
Is "Mage is unplayable" more of a meme than the reality of the system? It looks neat and RAW I can see some definite pain points in actual play, but can anyone that actually has played it with a group comment?
>>
>>93406847
Which edition of which Mage?
>>
>>93406847
Played both Ascension and Awakening. It's playable and it's definetly more of a meme within the fandom. It is a hard game to grasp for some people. A long time friend who loves WoD plays every splat except Mage because it has too much freedom and this makes him impossible to grasp all power possibilities. Awakening 1e had a good approach by making a chunk of its corebook filled with Rotes. This helped lots of players to imagine their own spells or simply use that spell list like a Wizard player.
Paradox in both games varies in difficulties because it depends on your surroundings and what you want to do. Awakening 2e removed entirely the dangerous of Paradox and this is something I personaly don't like. Awakening 1e Paradox is less aggressive than Ascension's, making it more balanced, but it does not compare with Paradigm flavor and philosophies Ascension presents to you. It is harder to cast magic freely in Ascension, but the if you are into the game, in the end it does not matter that much.
>>
>>93406947
M20/Ascension I suppose, since 20th is all the group I am in runs. I saw earlier in the thread CofD is apparently a lot cleaner rules wise but the ST isn't a huge fan of the lore changes in CofD as-written.
>>
>>93406978
Use Translation Guide for Mage. It's in OP MEGA 1.
Sure, this Translation Guide is for CofD1e but sincerly? It does not matter that much between 1e and 2e. You can adapt easily.
>>
>>93406847
it's playable if you have the right people for it. My biggest problem with mage is that you have those white room and then you have people who only hear those arguments and think they get to play as literal gods as soon as char-gen is done and they have like one sphere at 3 dots and then throw a fit when they don't

for some reason i never meet someone like this when running other wod lines despite all the methusluah and antedluvian shit you can read online
>>
It's often said that a broken masquerade would result in some sort of human v.s. vampire war that vampires would lose, but I don't think that's terribly realistic.

I feel like a broken Masquerade would look like Devilman but an even bigger clusterfuck. Possibly avoiding the extinction of the human race though. Even just factoring in vampires and not other supernaturals (since YMMV and very few tables run a full house WoD), you only know they exist and maybe some ways to spot them which will almost immediately get disinfo'd. Paranoia would rule the day and society would break down, billions of casualties, most of them human killing human.

Now don't get me wrong this would still suck for vampires, even those Sabbat assholes (they'd probably be the first to go if they tried to fight openly), but the notion of a unified humanity purging the monsters in its midst seems like a total fantasy. A broken Masquerade would suck so much worse, for everyone.
>>
File: 1526521138812.jpg (8 KB, 259x194)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>93408017
>Open ze Black Vault.
>>
>>93408017
>Now don't get me wrong this would still suck for vampires, even those Sabbat assholes (they'd probably be the first to go if they tried to fight openly), but the notion of a unified humanity purging the monsters in its midst seems like a total fantasy. A broken Masquerade would suck so much worse, for everyone.
The point people are making most of the time is that the vast majority of vampires would lose to military hardware in an all out fight in the open.
Sure the human side would eventually get dumpstered by Methuselahs using their asses as gates to hell and other equally bullshit powers that served as ''you lose'' module conditions.
>>
>>93408017
It's a likely scenario. Gehenna 'sorta' does this well by showing that while not all humanity unites against Vampires, Vampires also don't unite with each other too much. Humans win by sheer numbers and weaponry, and even up to a few Methuselahs Vampires pretty much lose. Mere mortal Hunters are already a problem since even an illiterate farmer with a piece of rag and an alcohol can burn a whole coterie in the morning. The real problem is if Antes rise up.

Worthy of note: In books like Gehenna we treat Vampires as the sole supernatural splat, which already retcons a lot of the lore of the clans (like Setites, Lasombra/Kyasid, Ravnos, Tremere, etc), so their involvement could pretty much wipe Vampires out. I can see a lot (if not the majority) of woofs allying with humanity, plus Technocracy and all that in case Meths raise up.

tl;dr: Humanity isn't guaranteed to win, but it's a very real possibility Vampires want to avoid. That, and also such a scenario could jeopardize their own existence as well. Yeah, you can kill billions of humans and keep some cattle, but nothing guarantees you also won't get fucked in the long run.
>>
>>93408017
The important thing to remember is that vamps are inherently callous and petty creatures. Any serious human/vamp war will include vamps backstabbing each other. Add to that that most of the older vamps are insane and/or out of touch and may just stare slackjawed as an F-16 fires missiles at them.
>>
>>93408284
Oh sure. In an all-out fight in the open. But that's not even remotely realistic.

>>93408463
The issue is finding them, not killing them. That's why I brought up devilman. It's not a conventional war in the least, and you're going to kill a lot of innocent people in witch hunts. Humans in survival mode don't think very calmly or rationally, you see this all the time in history. They'd make mistakes and it's hard to organize when anyone could be "the enemy." My issue with the default assumptions about a broken masquerade is they presume mankind is acting calmly and rationally. This is what I mean for "it would suck for everyone". Will a lot of vampires be destroyed? Absolutely. So will a fuckload of humans. And the more humans are killed, mostly by other humans, the less they will be able to organize, removing their primary ability to kill vampires.

Cross-splat is it's own mess, the biggest problem with the setting is its noncommittal to crossover which creates massive internal consistency issues. More pragmatically, I have never seen a vampire table ever bring up Mage as a faction or factor in their setting. Werewolves maybe, but the idea that they could just "team up" with humans instead of being also massacred as others (Especially with the delerium and all that primordial hunter shit) is silly. So I'd rather avoid that angle since it just introduces more chaos.

>>93408508
You can't just airstrike buildings in your own cities on a "probably a vampire there". Not unless you want the fabric of society to be torn down. Again, the issue isn't killing the vampires, it's finding the vampires. I do not believe conventional warfare is even a remote possibility in a broken masquerade, outside of a few Sabbat cities being pants on head retards. Oh sure, vampires will dick each other over, but I don't see it as an "end of vampires" so much as I see it as an end of civilization.
>>
>>93408568
I think you're focusing too much on humans being a lot more retarded than Vampires. I agree humans often are indeed retarded, but the imbecilic S.I. stance of v5 material is nowhere near realistic. Bombing an entire building because a Vampire may be there is rather absurd. And yes, finding Vampires -could- be harder, but there are still ways you can detect them; supernaturally or not, hence Imbued Hunters and non-Imbued Hunters still being an issue for the leeches.

You can just make it mandatory to have a Torch in your home, or always leave spaces in it that allow sunlight to get in for daily cleansing rituals or stuff like that. It would be a hard fought battle, but Humanity does have good chances. Not saying they win every time or the vast majority of cases, but humans as a whole are a severe threat to Vampires.

>So I'd rather avoid that angle since it just introduces more chaos.
As I've said, that's a bit tough and biased towards Vampires. Vampiric existence by itself implies crossovers, and removing possible supernatural allies greatly nerf humanity unfairly in this scenario.

Still, even without crossovers my points still stands.
>>
Would you trust your Hunters to take him seriously?
>>
>>93408568
>You can't just airstrike buildings in your own cities on a "probably a vampire there".
If there are methusulahs or worse staring at fighter jets AS I SAID IN MY FUCKING POST YOU RETARDED FAGGOT then you aren't airstriking on "probably a vampire there".
Why do faggots like you even ask questions if already know what answer you want? Just blogpost your shitty ideas so we can ignore them.
>>
>>93408568
>Again, the issue isn't killing the vampires, it's finding the vampires.
Everyone must stand out in the sun and be counted on Sunday each week. Then cops with flamethrowers search house by house.

This won't get all of them but it'll winnow 95% and wreck their support networks.
>>
>>93408568
>You can't just airstrike buildings in your own cities on a "probably a vampire there
We already do that for humans who are suspected of being drug dealers, terrorists, or journalists. Of course we'd do that for vampires
>>
>>93408638
Humans are very smart, but we often do very stupid things, especially when scared, confused, and distrustful of others. Which is exactly what a sudden broken masquerade would cause. To be 100% clear, I am not, repeat, I am NOT saying humans aren't a threat to vampires, broken masquerade or no. Just that a broken masquerade is arguably as bad for humans as it is for vampires. People would not have perfect information just because the masquerade has been shattered, people would not be able to organize into these perfectly executed plans. You may kill the overwhelming majority of vampires, but you would also basically destroy the world as we know it doing so.

>>93408742
Information gets out that vampires are real. Then the government (which has already been somehow cleared of vampire influence in order to execute this sort of thing) proposes what you suggest. You and I both know that in many countries in this would be met with skepticism and defiance. People generally do not trust their government. Hell some motherfuckers might assume the whole thing is a false flag or that the government are the real vampires. Assuming it could even be passed into law, even martial law, executing it with any degree of regularity or accuracy is impossible. I'll state for the last time, I believe the flaw in the assumption is thinking that we could be this organized in the first place.

>>93408702
I reject the idea that a vampire that has survived that long would just stare at a fighter jet. Methuselah usually stay hidden even to other vampires, the issue is never fighting them, it's finding them.
>>
>>93408662
>manliest hunter
>>
Wake up, honey. Another shitty OC dropped in White Wolf Wikia:

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Nicholas_Vogel
>>
>>93409067
Wtf am I looking at? Did some rando just make that?
>>
>>93409067
>>93409105
What a fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>93409067
>Nicholas Vogel, also known as God

OH BOY THIS GUY MAKES LORD MARCOS LUNA LOOK LIKE A JOKE.

Quick, time how long he stays up.
>>
>>93409067
Why do people never add cool OCs to wikis and it's always this cringe shit
>>
>>93409067
>>93409231
bro this is like a collection of OC stereotypes. It's like I'm back in 2008. Are we sure this isn't an intentional joke?
>>
>>93409265
People with cool OCs have enough respect for the concept of fiction to not clog an official wiki with their stuff.
>>
>>93409265
To be fair, giving the Daitya Sadhana was pretty cool.
>>
File: file.png (28 KB, 322x511)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>93409067
HOLY WORDS
>>
File: file.png (245 KB, 1057x788)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
>>93409067
>guy who edited this literally has only edited his own page
what
>>
>>93409593
I'm glad they used "this man" instead of "this one" as that title belongs to Harryboy.
>>
File: file.png (362 KB, 503x568)
362 KB
362 KB PNG
>>93409593
>This man
>>
>>93409647
Take note gentlemen. This is what mental illness looks like.
>>
>>93409647
>If you're wondering why this page occasionally gets wiped and replaced with "Admins please delete this" there is a problem with certain people who want to hide god's existence on earth and are very malicious due to their own short comings.

That's some serious balls trying to poke the admins like that.
>>
>>93408508
The important thing to remember is that humans are inherently callous and petty creatures. Any serious human/vamp war will include humans backstabbing each other. Add to that that most of the older humans are insane and/or out of touch and may just stare slackjawed as an F-16 fires missiles at them.
>>
>>93410068
>Add to that that most of the older humans are insane and/or out of touch and may just stare slackjawed as an F-16 fires missiles at them.
>stare slackjawed as an F-16 fires missiles at them.
Bro, most people would freeze when something like that happens. There is a reason why military and criminal organizations train people the way they do.
>>
>>93410068
>Any serious human/vamp war will include humans backstabbing each other.
Yeah but that is just an worse version of what those organizations already deal with. It would be a whole ordeal with a lot of problems but it would not be a silver bullet.
Not everyone would kill their own for a life extension and those who do would need to find a way to get away with it.
>>
>>93410139
Well yeah. I'm not that anon, but the anon who posed the initial broken masquerade quibble. It's a situation where everyone loses, and any victory for any side would be absurdly phyrric if victory could be claimed at all. I suppose I find the default assumption uncharacteristically optimistic for WoD.
>>
>>93409593
I wish my characters were this cool...
>>
>>93410139
Who becomes "your own" when a family member gets turned? Vampires could literally just start randomly embracing people and throwing them to the wolves.
>>
>>93409067
oh my god it's so fucking big
>>
here's a new Thread Question: what is the most "mary sue" or "snowflake" character you've ever seen at the table?
>>
>>93392570
Hunters are supposed to be weak, anon. What are you, some kind of ROLL player who wants to play John Rambo who runs around with an M-60 in each hand and sex dildo in your ass to compensate for your tiny penis? You can't tell REAL stories if you're some action movie character, anon! Play a real character!
>>
>VtM, WtO
For the faggy goth kids
>MtAs, CtD
For the schizos
>WtA
For the retards

This sound about right?
>>
>>93410759
>The dead-end job wagie virgin faggot (literally me) can go toe-to-toe with the Renaissance-era Methuselah
Would you look at the time Dracula? It's schizo o' clock!
>>
>>93392352
What are the text differences between the Blood & Smoke and VtR2e Printings?
>>
>>93409067
>>93409593
based autist
>>
>>93405961
If Nosferatu, Tzimisce, Gargoyles and Sea Gangrel can get by, so too could a guy who turns into a drider every now and then. You are a serial nogamer kek
>>
>>93410759
IMO, i think you speak truly, as God45 wasnt some ex navy seal or marine badass. He was medical lab technician-studying to become a doctor turned mass murderer overnight, and his stats reflect this quite good, as he has a lot of stats you'd find in someone who is in medical field, on that of that you have semi decent combat related stats with freakin 10 in Vision indicating his extreme degree fanaticism.
and as others said, he usually gets other hunters to kill things or bomb things to hell remotely.
I really like his character portrayal when other hunters react to his posts as him being borderline insane psycho (even though he is no more bloodthirsty then crusader17 or cop90 or as insane as Fyodor)
>>
File: Anansi.jpg (123 KB, 542x903)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>93402128
>2. slight hombrew bug Gangrel
Akunanse bloodline (Laibon Gangrel) are spider-like, no homebrew necessary

>>93402023
or more extreme take - Anansi Abomination
>>
File: Hot.jpg (35 KB, 506x363)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>
File: ananasi_vampirephile.jpg (71 KB, 358x500)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>93411986
you should focus on the spider parts
>>
>>93404606
>why is montreal by night such an amazing book?
It has just enough of everything. It was also the first Black Dog book, I believe.
>>
>>93411843
>>93411986
when your human form looks THAT fine I can be convinced to a lot of things
>>
Got a question about the Strix and Forsaken specifically. Strix are kinda-sorta spirits (I think an anon in a previous thread said they may well by Humanity Spirits from long ago?), but they're inherently cruel and sadistic. As a broadstrokes rule of thumb, would a Strix be the sort of thing that Uratha may want to curb and keep in check or would cross-splat logic say "No that's not one of ours"?

I've got both in my VtR campaign as side-threats but the PCs are planning on approaching the Uratha for help and I don't know what their response would be for a starting point. As people they may have different opinions, but as Hunters where would they generally stand on such things?
>>
>>93412981
>The Uratha find themselves with strange bedfellows in their pursuits to maintain the borders of the Gauntlet. Some spirits guard powerful loci in the way Uratha might otherwise. These Tengu are birds — possibly owls — crafted of smoke and shadow, with coal-red eyes. They’re something of a variant form of Claimed, in that they possess humans. Unlike other Hosts, however, they possess only the bodies of the dead. In this part of the world, almost all corpses face cremation. Forsaken legends ascribe this practice to early Shinto reactions to the Tengu, to keep the dead from rising.
>These mysterious bird spirits make deals with diplomatic Forsaken, sometimes fight with combative Uratha, and otherwise leave them to their devices, so long as the Uratha maintain their territories. Sometimes, Tengu will join Forsaken packs in order to learn, teach, and share in the wealth of knowledge necessary to defend the barrier between the worlds.
>The Tengu have a particularly hostile relationship with local vampires, since vampire bodies are ideal shells for Tengu possession.
WtF 2e 271
>>
>>93410670
>mary sue
Guess this is the realm of NPCs, so I don't care enough. If we don't care for said NPC, then they can't go full mary sue/gary stu on us.
>snowflake
This goes more for PCs.
Aside from my own characters? Hard to say because the measurement on how "snowflake" a character can become depends on the narrative and how ST allows said character to express their snowflakeness. A character can have Fate/Destiny 5, Supernatural Companion, Appearence/Stunning Looks at max level or whatever. If ST doesn't make this the whole spotlight of the campaign, who cares? Even average and bland PCs can become snowflakes depending on the ST, but I know your question was regarding built PCs from the start having this snowflake behavour.
That said, there are some players who always wanted to do a character who's apart from current setting problems because they want to start as someone above this and as wise, when in fact they act as fence-sitter who goes to any side when it's convenient to them. These same players also want to do a character filled with traumas but already solved their issues in-background. Sure, doing someone who resolved their traumas is nice and can give a nice story, but it doesn't work when suddenly their traumas resurface when convenient.
IMHO this is the core characteristic of snowflake characters I've seen past few years. Everything surrounding it is just a shiny accessory.
>>
>>93413071
Thanks anon, so in general it's an ambivalent relationship? I can't find anything in VtR about the Strix interacting with other Spirits, but then that's not really the purview of Vampire.
>>
>>93395488
I'm working on turning bob into a major plot point in my hunter game
>Town has been abanded for 15 years
>Pentex Cem plan exploded due to a wolf attack turning it into a ghost town
>Place is full of games, wraiths, gangrel,demons, ext
>They all fear bob and his daily/weekly routes
>Any supernatural is erased from existence if they get too close
>3 hunter groups have been sent in by The order, The tecnocercy, and the Arcainum to see if they can use his ability to their benefit
>>
Which Spheres and how many dots in each for an Etherite to create a perpetual motion engine.
>>
Do sorcery & other lower scale numina show up on imbued's second sight as unnatural?
Can imbued have access to numina/true faith or is it blocked by messengers?
>>
>>93410941
Not sure. I think there is a difference, but not a huge one.

>>93413167
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Strix being former human spirits for a variety of reasons.
>>
>>93413167
Yeah, woofs probably don't have much to say on the Strix so long as they're not fucking things up. They're not quite spirits either so there isn't any sort of innate connection there.
>>
>>93414474
Sorcery shows up just like true magic on the second sight (revised tries to make that a theme for sorcery that even awakened mages don’t often know the difference) and according to the spell bound book the imbued have no avatar, can’t use linear magic and always count as sleeper witnesses for paradox regardless on how much they know about the supernatural. The reality anti bodies don’t like reality warpers

Not sure about true faith
>>
>>93414715
Thanks for info
>>
Stat him.
>>
>>93414434
Forces and/or Matter 3 sounds about right
>>93414474
>Do sorcery & other lower scale numina show up on imbued's second sight as unnatural?
I presume so but I am not exactly knowledgeable about the Imbued. I presume they get a murder boner every time they sense a supernatural creature even if it is a very minor or niche thing.
The Imbued see Thomas the Tard Wrangler, a Autumn Person working at the local psychiatric ward, and have the urge to run them over with a truck because he deviates from the human baseline.
>>
>>93415048
Rank 3 Torment Spirit.
>>
>>93415538
I think you're describing waywards. Redeemers & innocents would try to look for other ways to deal with nightfolk
>>
>>93414665
Mind if I ask what those reasons are? I saw an anon hypothesise about it a few threads ago and I thought it seemed neat, but I'm not knowledgeable about Spirits at all so I don't know if it's treading on toes or upsetting something established.
>>93414668
Thanks anon.
>>
>>93416297
NTA but it's essential canon. The dev did a book based on the VtR writer's bible which spelled it out. That book isn't strictly canon but the blurb for the Stirx Anthology pretty much says it outright despite it never making it into the books in such strong terms. IDK why that anon might not be into it but IMO it explains a gap in the setting very well and gives the Strix all the metaphysical stuff they'd need to explain their role. It's also one of the rare places you can do something like that and not step on the toes of another splat. Spirits are WtF's thing primarily but the spirits of humanity are a huge question mark while also not being important in any way. Humanity lacks a spiritual counterpart, despite the fact that everything has one, but it's not central to anything WtF is doing so any explanation for it doesn't really impact them.
>>
>>93415048
Grim Legion Centurion with
>Inhabit 3
>Pandemonium 1
>>
>>93416297
Mostly because they don't function like spirits at all besides from using the ephemeral entity setup and they take the form of owls instead of apes. They don't even react to their banes like most spirits do.
>>
>>93416608
They're not spirits anymore, and there isn't any reason for them to look like anything in particular. Spirits look like all sorts of shit and something vaguely bird shaped makes sense for their vibe. Vibe is how spirits work, water looks like snakes because vibe. It doesn't look like water because it's water.
>>
>>93416438
I think there's already an implied explanation why there are no human spirits, because they're not part of "cosmic soul". Humans and supernaturals all take damage in the Anima Mundi, except werewolves and other shifters, because they're half spirit. So that makes it sound like the spirit world is related to it.
>>
>>93416843
That sounds like stupid Mage shit to me
>>
>>93416843
That just as easily implies the opposite though. Because humans rejected their spirits they're no longer represented in Anima Mundi and thus have no protections against it, where Uratha do because they're half-spirit by nature.
>>
I think Wraiths are underestimated in power levels
>Vampires are powerless against them without Necromancy
>Garou’s Gifts explicitly don’t work on them
>Mages can’t affect them without the Spirit/Dimensional Science
>>
>>93417365
the problem is that wraith also need to have certain arcanoi to affect you and certain ones don't work against certain splats at all so the "need necromancy" argument falls flat unless we are talking about fae who are completely lacking in it because most wraiths also can't hurt you at all
>>
>>93417365
>Without spirit
IIRC ghost stuff is a Spirit plus Entropy effect
>>
Are there any example sheets for regular mortals in any of the v20 books? Not even hunters, just regular people
>>
>>93415538
imbued aren't that black and white unless they are waywards, Redeemers & innocents already been mentioned, but even guys like the avengers only go after you when they think you are a danger for the people around you, the problem with mages are; that the first contact between awakened and imbued canonical been verbana burning down churches with people in them and virtual adepts trying to hack hunter.net, they can see all alterations technomages make to themselves with the second sight (and it's implied that the second sight makes you look more monstrous than your true self even is as a supernatural) even if they are perfectly hidden otherwise, they can see when someone had their mind altered by a mage, the most common mage they meet are appernly euthanatoi serial killers who from their point of view are just randomly killing people and in the second sight a mage looks like a mage regardless of if they are sorcerer necromancer, awakened hermetic or again euthanatoi serial killer
>>
>>93417508
2s across the stats
one skill at 3 (that is their profession), several at 1 or 2
3 willpower
>>
>>93417551
Thanks anon
>>
>>93417508
v20 the others chapter has criminals and goverment agents in the hunters sections, remember there being more in older books, but it's not really needed because as >>93417551 said more people will just be be between 1 and 3 dots
>>
>>93414474
>Can imbued have access to numina/true faith or is it blocked by messengers?
True Faith is one of the few supernatural powers that the imbued can potentially have access to and the only one that doesn't innately seem "wrong."
>>
A series of back of the envelope maths tells us that the old quoted numbers in NWoD for the number of woofs and mages is right.
When the book was written, the worlds pop was still being quoted at 7.5 billion. 1 out of 15k people is half a million each.
>>
>>93417894
With the current population of 8.1 billion. An additional 40k have been added.
>>
File: GTA5_Neighborhoods.jpg (2.67 MB, 3200x3200)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB JPG
I kind of want to run a game of Vampire in Los Santos from GTA V. Is that insane?
>>
>>93418019
haven't played gta, but there is nothing wrong with using a fiction setting and a island could be interesting as a setting because as the britian book mentions: it's harder to leave when things get dicey
>>
>>93418019
>GTA V
>Not GTA SA
Cringe.
>>
Why does abel keep getting shafted?
>>
>>93418421
what are you meant to do with the guy as a writer? his entire story is about being the first guy who got killed
>>
I was re-reading the nWoD Horror Recognition Guide last night, and while I recognize a lot of what each story was based on, I'm not so sure about the 10 Photographs chapter or the Snake vs Bird chapter. Are either of these based on existing splats/stories in the WoD universe or are they just generic entities related by a Hunter's encounter?

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for books with a similar structure (Mostly excerpts about what goes on in WoD), I'd appreciate it. I still like to make my own content, but reading some of the existing media to remix as filler helps on slow nights too.
>>
>>93411836
I'm just parroting the book itself. There's a page long screed about how it is crucial to TRVE ROLEPLAYING WITH SOVL to be an inept schlub who absolutely is utter dogshit in combat.

I do like God45. He's more fun than the other Wayward.

crusader17 is probably my favourite, if only because he shot Lucifer.
>>
World of Light with charming cute animal people like the ones in Beatrix Potter when?
>>
>>93418421
>>93418480
In my meta, he is actually Charon.
>>
>>93418507
But there’s already a World of Light IN WoD. It’s called the Dreaming.
>>
>>93410759
The thing with hunters is that they punch above their weight thanks to their power nullification bullshit.
>>
>>93418562
Fuck Dreaming.
>>
>>93418624
I don’t think you’re a good person.
>>
>>93418624
that's the entire plan with the satyr

althought i disagree about it being the world of light especially since zapathasura's death released the thallain
>>
>Etherites discovering Agartha be like
https://x.com/TheCumpound/status/1815524782060024076
>>
>>93418694
I just dislike that game line for no particular reason.
>>
>>93418946
>for no particular reason
haha sure
>>
we are getting previews for curseborne now
>https://theonyxpath.com/curseborne-the-primal-1/
but of course they have to start with the one personally i care the least about
>>
I've always been curious on how Dreaming changlings would interact with imbued, like would imbued be treated as potentially worse autumn people? of course part of the curiosity is because two lines never really interacted with each other which lends itself to speculation
>>
>>93419408
could be that imbued just don't get enchanted at all or rather so hard that it's realisticly not happening like how they also often described in mage books as being basicly immune to their mind tricks

from the channgeling side they are basicly worse versions of the hidden ones (technocrats) these people who are empowered by their believe that you.are.wrong! and that you shouldn't exist

even the redeemers imbued try in their endgame to "heal the supernatural" out of people which for a channgeling would be the same as a banality overdose
>>
>>93418714
kek
>>
Which splat is the absolute cringe kino?
>>
>>93419687
oWoD: Mage
nWoD: Changing Breeds
WoD20: M20
CofD: Beast
>>
>>93416664
Except them being vaguely bird shaped makes no sense. A water spirit that looked like a snake is symbolic of the way water flows. A not-water spirit snake still makes sense, but I could always see going an opposite route and becoming something that is the antithesis of water. But Stryx don't have that going on. This is more like a not-wolf-spirit taking the form of a seagull.
>>
File: phillygoat.jpg (35 KB, 338x350)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>93419976
>tfw this weird degenerate made the first 3 of those 4
>eeeeeeeeeeeee! show me your feet!
>dun be evil characters cuz it's irl chaos magick and will make you bad
>>
File: Spoiler Image (78 KB, 750x403)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>93420420
>>eeeeeeeeeeeee! show me your feet!
>>
>>93420071
Owls prey on bats.
Don't think so hard about this.
>>
>>93420439
I’m surprised Gaia never saw fit to create were-deer.
>>
>>93418421
>the one and only pre-flood character who did not have sex with Lilith
sounds like a win to me
>>
>>93418500
It was that corebook stated that Hunters are regular joes and hunters hunted are all highly trained badasses but iirc hunters hunted, those hunter were also just regular joes in most part.
I like the reckonings theme as a whole that The messengers aren't force of good and most of hunters are misguided shock troops. This made even stronger in fall from grace where crusader17 ultimate fate was to hollowed out from inside so that messenger could have a meatsuit (making them no better then demons in my book)
Now come to think of that. H5 has criticism that they give arbitrary reasons why you can't join orgs, but HtR gave same nonsense explanation that HH hunters were all ex navy seal badasses with tons of backing while that was not a case.
TlDr, messengers are assholes and imbued are blind pawns in grand scheme of things
>>
>>93420785
Wait Lilith and Eve had some hot & sweaty first-women action?
>>
>>93400121
true fae are fully sapient too, just usually too alien to understand

>>93400201
true, but most spirits are low rank
3+ rank spirits will usually be sapient but again really weird
>>
>no sex
>no friends
>must live in ze pod
unironically how the FUCK does the Technocracy keep it's members from going postal? is it solely NWO mind magick keeping them from Revolting?
>>
File: V W H GTA Samp Prices.png (76 KB, 823x424)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>>93418019
>we NEVER got that full GTA 5 Vampire only server because of faggots like >>93418222 who enjoyed the WoD SAMP server which was pay to win and filled with poor roleplay
>>
I know Mages are the undisputed strongest in WoD, but what about CofD? Arisen seem pretty powerful.
>>
>>93421365
Arisen have some powerful things, but they're gimped by Sekhem and don't have some of the crazy shit mages or even Vamps can do. Majesty and Dominate are OP as fuck.
>>
In VTR what happens when a Changling is embraced?
>>
>>93421528
They die if you attempt to embrace them. They've been changed by fae magic too much to become a vampire, and you can only have one template.

I wouldn't recommend trying, most changelings have at least one or two contracts that can absolutely BTFO a vamp.
>>
>>93421552
>most changelings have at least one or two contracts that can absolutely BTFO a vamp
Besides Contracts with an elemental aspect (pretty much half the Sword ones) AND the occasional Elemental whose theme is centered around fire or heat, you have the members of the Summer Court. Not only are they the designated combat beatsticks but several of their Contracts channel sunlight and it explicitly counts as such for entities for whom sunlight is a Bane.
>>
>>93421381
In Mage or Vampire terms, how strong is a 10 Sekhem Arisen then?
>>
>>93421615
And that's not counting things like Paralyzing Presence. Getting a Changeling with it alone and in touching distance? They are likely going to to make the vamp realize they're a weak little fish in an ocean bigger than they knew.
>>
>>93421677
Stronger than both and it's barely worth talking about. But they remain that way for a good while and they have to get fairly low before their abilities can be replicated by mages.

>>93421381
Have you actually read any Utterances?
>>
>>93421528
There was a mixed template in the works in the initial 2e changeling draft, but they decided against those as a concept entirely.
>>
>>93421615
>>93421759
This is a massive exaggeration. A vampire can just use Celerity to interrupt the changeling before he uses the contract or Resilience to tank the damage, and that's not getting into the other Disciplines. Also changelings are just as fragile as humans and have no protection against damage which vampires have.
>>
>>93422201
There are a lot of IFs in this example, but a changeling doesn't have to deal damage to """beat""" a nondescript vampire. It's just so that the scales are tipped heavily in the changelings favor.
>>
So how do the shadow mechanics in WtO/Wraith20th work in practice? Is it just a "I'm going to piss off my friends and be the biggest that guy the world has ever seen" or is that beyond the scope of what is expected?
>>
>>93423071
i know that was how it worked before wraith 20 at least
you been meant to play a group of characters who want to archive their goals and a set of disconnected schizo personalities out there to stop them

it was awful and a big reason why the line didn't make it to the time of judgment
>>
File: Capture.jpg (9 KB, 196x221)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Uh oh, Tremere bros, someone broke the masquerade on /int/?
>>
>>93423642
Probably just a hedge sorcerer
>>
>>93421203
Yes, at least according to OWoD
>>
>>93423642
>>93423646
If they also find a ton of synthetic drugs on him, he's probably a Solificati consor.
I don't wanna call them the ''Children of Knowledge''. That's somehow even more cringe and arrogant that the Latin pseudo-hermetic term.
>>
>>93420071
They're not not-human spirits as they're not spirits at all. What they were was human spirits, what they are now is Strix. Something that's spirit-adjacent and representative of bitter and twisted aspects of humanity that were collectively rejected. So they don't represent humanity they represent the off-casts. Traits that humans no longer have and therefor do not hew to concepts of humanity. It's a bigger clash of their identity to look like something human because their whole thing is that they're not.

For what those off-casts are their shape makes plenty of sense. They're the remnants of our predation we traded in for agriculture, the endless pursuit of the hunt for husbandry, the adrenaline of the hunt for the ease of farming, the cold of night for the warmth of a fire, and the uncertainty of everything that comes along with those traits for the order of civilisation and the doctrines of faith. So something that's mostly formless but swift and ceaseless hunter represents those things well.

Makes as much sense as plenty of actual sprits too. Basically every Conceptual works along the same lines and if a Strix were a spirit still it would be a conceptual one. They're tied to discard concepts rather than an existing thing to represent. Conceptuals look like the associations with the concepts they represent. Death spirits range from ravens and wolves to blots of darkness, gluttony can be tape worms or globs of fat, apathy look like leeches, and so one. Even other types aren't super literal. Trains oft look like horses, and playgrounds are amalgams of kids. So for something that's embodying traits of persistent predation in the dark of cold nights then something vaguely bird like is a pretty obvious pick.

That's not even getting into the Vampire side of things too. In context to that owls are about the only choice. They hunt bats, owl related myths are a precursor to a lot of vampire ones, they're associated with ill omen, etc. It just makes sense IMO.
>>
>>93421365
Mages, mummies, and demons are usually considered the most powerful.
>>
why didn't Lord Tremere just create a Phylactery and use Mind 4 too switch bodies everytime he got near death? is he stupid?
>>
>>93424155
Hermetics are retarded. Also House Tremere had a lot of sorcerers in it and supposedly Tremere himself was one too.
>>
>>93424091
But Strix were the spirits of a type of animal, which don't usually get as abstract as other spirits. I actually like the Strix, but I don't like them being former spirits, it really rubs me the wrong and none of what you said really changes that.
>>
>>93424185
Yeah, but they're not any more and aren't bound by that symbolic relationship. All they are now are representations of what humanity once was but now isn't. A human-spirit should look like some sort of exaggerated or idealised human but they're not human-spirits and they don't represent anything a current human-spirit would.
>>
>>93424155
did had sphere magic back then and their pillars didn't have mind in them. That's kinda the problem with the roman part of dead magic, the books referes to dark age mage in other parts and even stat some roots with both spheres and pillars and then gives the proto hermetics magic that the hermetics couldn't cast before 1466
>>
>>93424501
sorry 1464 was when Brucato's player/signature hermetic character came up with the idea of the 9 sphere sysem

1466 was when the other traditions agreed to use it
>>
>>93424501
one of the four Hermetic pillars was literally mind
>>
>>93424566
oh you are right i was thinking about liches for some reason and had in my head that the hermetics have spirit as a pillar because of how they claim to be masters of summoning in the modern setting (for reference they would be missing spirit, entroy and matter to become liches instead)

>>93424155
wouldn't actually need to use a phylactery for that

>To create and annihilate consciousness, to project one's mind across the world , to control utterly the will of another -- these are the powers commanded by the master of Corona. The mage can selectively manipulate any aspect of the mind that she wishes, including advancing her own intellect far beyond the capacity of ordinary men (changing Intelligence and Wits by one dot per success). She can move mind between bodies or exist long after physical death as an astral shade, moving from body to body as the mood takes her.

i guess he just believed in goratrix experiment? after all outside of one claim by him in blood treachery, which could be considered just acchil tremere wank or him talking shit, he didn't knew what would happen, Couldn't know even- after all we are told the ritual could have worked like goratrix wanted it to if not for a botch
>>
>>93424155
Because the Tremere were written well before Mage was created, let alone conceived. Any other justification is cope.
>>
How anyone can enjoy a fully cross-splated oWoD is utterly beyond me. Most gamelines are relatively fine internally but the more you start to bolt on to each other it gets very stupid very quickly.
>>
File: 1719069331840142.png (5.51 MB, 2399x5783)
5.51 MB
5.51 MB PNG
>>93419240
They started last week
https://theonyxpath.com/curseborne-what-is-curseborne/
https://theonyxpath.com/curseborne-liminal-spaces-1/
Although a lot of this isn't new stuff as it was covered in the Ashcan or the "leaks". The Primals and Get are probably the thing I'm most interested in from what we've seen in detail so far, but Sorcerers have some really interesting ideas in them and I think a lot of the families we haven't seen anything of sounds really cool. Especially in the Outcasts.
>>
>>93425000
>Our plan is to fill Curseborne with lore. I’m using lore in this case to mean deep setting story, named characters, secret motives, conspiracies, slowly revealed stories, and shocking twists.

>We do not plan to have a metaplot. I’m using metaplot in this case to mean a narrative that actively changes as real world time goes on. For example, we will not be advancing the story of a family head who wants to kill his brother, who is very much alive in the setting, to a place where she has killed said brother, removing him from the narrative.

>This doesn’t mean we won’t reveal more information about a narrative or story as we release new products. We may reveal that the same family head who wants to kill her brother has a secret love affair with his wife

sounds like the best of both worlds

do we have anything on the hungry already beside what's in the ashtray?
>>
File: GH0zXbsWAAAqq_Z.jpg (975 KB, 3000x4000)
975 KB
975 KB JPG
>>93425130
Green text is from the quiz, other text is stuff they talked about in livestreams

>Ascetics: You're adept at searching out forbidden knowledge while protecting your own dark secrets. You may be adept with magic or science, or you might just be very good at getting people to talk
Pyramid scheme for knowledge, which is what they eat

>The Black Hearts: You're adept at searching out forbidden knowledge while protecting your own dark secrets. You may be adept with magic or science, or you might just be very good at getting people to talk
Also called Dhampirs they're a found family made up of those who broke away from their original family's feeding restrictions. They eat emotions

>Gaki: You consort with and partake in ghostly essence. You can see into the spirit world and recruit allies from across that ephemeral border. Few trust you, but you see the big picture and do what you must, even if that includes grave robbing.

>Heirs: You know you're royalty. You are part of some mortal institution, whether a shadowy bankers or social-media influencer. You work hard and you play hard, and have earned a just reputation for hedonism. You can solve just about anything with money.

>House Bathory: You're sure of your place in the world, and will crush any who doubt it with a predator's smile on your lips. You use our powers to enhance your already-majestic presence and sway creatures to your side.
They eat blood, and sometimes bathe in it

>Iscariots: You're a revolutionary firebrand, willing to sacrifice even those you love for the good of all. You're violent, but to oppose those who oppress others. Some wonder how you sleep at night. Well...you don't have to

>Vorare: You are who everyone fears. You're the snake in the garden, spreading discontent. You change things. Sometimes that’s good — sometimes it’s bad. Either way, you make things happen.
Pacts with Demons. Eat Souls. Driven to make the world a better place (for the most part.) Desire to break their Curse
>>
>>93425295
nice nice nice i saw the Bathory in the ashcan pdf, but rest are new to me and i really like what i am seeing

so if i am being annoying with questions, but do the dead also have familles? the ashcan made it sound like they are pretty much ghosts
>>
>>93425324
All the Lineages have Families in them. It changes their template a bit and gives them some new stuff on top.

>Furies: You are full of rage and out for vengeance. You help others get back at those who have wronged them, and revel in a good fight.
"The 'fuck around and find out' group." Their urge is vengeance. Ghost Rider.

>Mavens: You are a thrill seeker and adventurer. You’re looking for a good time, and will accept no substitutes when it comes to getting your fix.
Can be pleasant and joyful, but can be dangerous and escalating "thrill seeking." Pushing someone out of a window and basking in the "rush" of free falling (to their death) would count.

>Poltergeists: You thrive on fear and terror. You spend your time haunting people and terrorizing them for your own pleasure.
All about fear. Not just jump scares; they want dread. Will often try to use their powers to teach valuable lessons but that's basically cope.

>Shades: You are full of regrets and bring misery to those who deserve it. You find no better past-time than to set someone powerful up for a fall, and make them regret every wrong thing they’ve ever done.
They are about sadness and misery. omens of ill fortune. They seek out the guilty and "deserving" of misery and give it to them

>Wardens: You protect those who cannot protect themselves. You’re drawn to helpless people, finding ways to make them more helpless so they will always need you.
Cult mentality around their Family. Consider themselves protectors, so they seek out desperation. They just might cause problems in order to fix them.

>Zeds: You are a consummate professional. You know your place in the world, and do your job with zeal. After all, who else will kill the way you do?
A bit different. They yearn less for an emotion than for "endings." Closure and finality. Easiest way to do this? Kill people! Literally a company of assassins.
>>
>>93425324
>>93425614
Oh, actually, on the note about PCs. Storypath Ultra PCs are made up of three Paths and while what these Paths represent might differ from game to game they're all the same basic building blocks. In Curseborn you get a Lineage Path, a Family Path, and then a Role Path. Major Paths grant you 6 dots between 3 Skills, 10 dots of Attributes divided between the 3 arenas for you to spend as you wish, three dots of contacts, and then a unique ability. Minors are similar but it's 3 dots of Skills, 4 dots of attributes, a single dot of contacts, and no special ability. You get to choose either you Lineage or Family as your Major Path so you can be a Primal Lykan and be more about the Lykan part or more about the Primal part. So it's pretty much about deciding which Path is your most defining feature. Family Paths also grant Motifs which are special abilities that effect how your spells function, you start with one of three and can pick up the rest later IIRC.

From the Ashcan pregens Sam has Dead as a Minor and Maven as a Major but they could've chosen to have Dead as the Major and they'd have a different set of starting stats and a different Inheritance (Special ability for a Major Path). It's also possible Paths grant Edges too, which are like CofD Merits.
>>
>>93425000
>liminal spaces
They're not trying to latch onto the coattails of a pretty much DOA meme that got co-opted by ledditors and turned into a complete mockery of itself in record time, are they?
>>
>>93425738
Reddit is like a plague of locusts when it comes to anything spooky. So many good ideas ruined by redditors.
>>
>>93425738
they say it's them ripping off stephen king and david lynch more than anything

> I mentioned that Stephen King is an excellent writer of liminal spaces. A city like Derry (from IT) is like a cross between an interstitial zone and a Shattered Space, as its very wrongness traps its inhabitants while simultaneously corrupting them.

> Stephen King’s work, another master of liminal spaces is David Lynch. Lynch plays heavily with locations that exist outside space and time in Twin Peaks (the original TV show, Fire Walk With Me, and The Return) from the out-of-this-world red room (Black Lodge) to the more emotion-bending Band Bang Bar Roadhouse, going all the way to the warped reality scenes of Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, and Inland Empire, though his exploration of spaces altering people (and people’s minds altering spaces) is in no way limited to those suggestions.

which props to them for being honest i guess
>>
>>93425659
so the path system is a evolution of how scion 2e works it seem, which is nice as i liked that game, but i prefer wod/cofd like themes and felt like that game could have needed a just bit more mechanical depth
>>
>>93422201
Most contracts are an Instant or Contested action, Celerity can't counteract that.
>>
>>93426454
Celerity can be used to act primitively
>>
>>93425738
Not really. They're not even called Liminal Spaces in the game, they're Liminalities. They're liminal in the sense that they're the boundary between one reality and another. It's more akin to the Hedge or something of that nature than it is bland endless corridors. The "Outside", which are the realities Earth is bleeding into in Curseborne, are basically infinite AFAIK and cover about every flavour of other world you could want. Paradise, hell, cosmic dreamlands, faerie realms, etc.

So these liminalities are similarly diverse. They're not limited to places either as people and sensations can also be an effect of a liminality. There are a few different types too, interstitial zones that display cunning to trap victims, battlegrounds where the Outside bleeds into Earth and are as such much more alien and hazardous, as well as shattered space that are the result of massive magical fallout and are deeply predatory. Shattered spaces also function as adversaries with their own template and so can be enemies all on their own which is pretty neat.

The meme sort of liminal spaces will be covered for sure, the game is pulling from creepy pasta political, but it's also pulling from all sorts of folk lore, urban legends, and the rest of it.
>>
>>93426035
Yeah, Storypath Ultra is a revised version of Storypath. Which is what what Scion 2e, Trinity Continuum, and They Came From... uses. I'm not the biggest fan of Storypath it's full of stuff I'm into but has a few major problems that suck the joy out of it for me. Storypath Ultra mostly fixes my issues with it more or less. I like a lot of what Storypath does for core resolution and character creation but things like health being tied up in nebulous conditions, movement bands that are very loose, lots of ways to stack Enhancements/Complications, and a few other bits like that are really not my thing. SPU changes Health to be more of a linear track and gets rid the Complication stacking from it, movement is still range bands but it maps to grids better so it's more coherent, it trims down a lot of how things stack, and generally just cleans up the rules a good bit. So Curseborne is likely to be very solid on a basic mechanical level. It's probably not going to be as crunch as CofD is but the mechanics are going to be nicer to interact with.
>>
>>93423071
It's *meant* to be a game for mature individuals who understand what they're getting into.
There's an excellent actual play series here if you want to see what it looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1eahGwOQvM
>>
Looks like VtR chronicle is finally going to happen in the near future

Premise: neonates illegally embraced during the COVID pandemic having to compete in an abandoned asylum-turned-maze for the amusement of the Prince and Harpies to earn a place in the city

Cast so far:
>Gangrel bodybuilder
>Mekhet college professor
>Gangrel mute girl
>Mekhet journalist (me)

All of them having been embraced for days, maybe one or two weeks at most, before having been found out and staked
>>
>>93426545
I imagine you meant "preemptively", but now can't but imagine a youtube channel called "Primitive Celerity".
>>
>>93397019
So, werewolves are basically like haemmorhoids.
>>
>>93426693
Are you competing against each other or against NPCs?
>>
>>93423071
To offer a counterpoint: the original Shadow mechanic in WtO, when it works, is what makes the game work in my experience. Trouble is, when it doesn't, it has the potential to kill the game outright.
Personally, WtO is a game I find pretty heavy, one I can only run rarely, and only in one-shots. A game for which you really need players that are on the same wave-length, and can trust one another with shared narration.
It's a a very niche game.

>>93400919
Thanks for the smile.
>>
>>93426765
We can try to compete against each other, but it's not advisable. >>93369611 talked a bit about the whole premise and his character too. What we basicaly gonna do is to become our little group and maybe try to save one or two NPC with us. The Gangrel himbo player loves this "collecting NPC" sort of play.
>>
>>93426454
Have you not read VtR? Of course Celerity can be used for that. Interrupting actions is literally an effect of Celerity and it's obviously reflexive. So is moving to the top of initiative.
>>
>>93426922
You're arguing with a Changeling 2e wanker. Of course he hasn't read what celerity does.
>>
>>93426812
>It's a a very niche game.
Definitely seems that way, possibly even more niche to play than Mage.
>>
Tell me about Nosferatu in Requiem 2e. IIRC, in 1e, they were off-putting or terrifying, but not necessarily monstrous in appearance. What's it like in 2e?
>>
>>93428290
The same but more supernatural
>>
NEW THREAD
>>93428677
>>93428677
>>93428677
>>
>>93420949
>most of hunters are misguided

Eh, I think that for the most part if the Hunters were to wipe out all of the splats the world would be better off. The Technocracy are the only ones I know that really deserve to continue to exist but their paradigm would persist if they perished, I think.

>crusader17 ultimate fate was to hollowed out from inside so that messenger could have a meatsuit

That was his choice. He understood what the Messengers were asking and told them to "take it all."

All of the Imbued made a choice. It wasn't an educated choice, sure, but the Messengers only Imbued them because they chose to act. And the Messengers don't demand any specific action, only that those who have the scales lifted off their eyes act. Avenger and Innocent, Judge and Martyr, Wayward and Redeemer . . . they all choose to act and they all get Imbued.

>(making them no better then demons in my book)

I don't really remember the Demon lore, but do they ask before they hollow out people and meat suit them? I remember vaguely that Demons tend to hollow out people who are junkies and people who are already spiritually bankrupt, so even if it's consensual with Demons I think they're still worse because Wendell is of sound mind - all of the fiction just depicts him as person with strong conviction and anger issues - and not someone as easily exploited as the typical Demon choice.

>blind pawns in grand scheme of things

Blind? I can agree. Pawns? That implies the Messengers have a plan and agenda - and I don't think you can convince me that they do. Having Wendell confront Lucifer is the closest we ever see to them actually trying to make a play and make things happen. Fyodr's Apocypha is just a bunch of jacking off, and as you say, most Imbued are just like blind-fired weapons with the other splats as a target.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.