[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1690640518650008.jpg (194 KB, 672x936)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
Previously: >>93435854

>OFFICIAL Commander website, where you can learn the rules, see the current banlist, and read the format philosophy, laid down by the rules committee:
https://mtgcommander.net/

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen color identity.
http://mtglands.com/

>Deck List Sites: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net
https://www.archidekt.com
https://www.moxfield.com

>CARD SEARCH
https://scryfall.com

>Proxy a deck or a cube for cheap
https://pastebin.com/9Xj1xLdM

>how to proxy using any printer
https://mtgprint.cardtrader.com/

>TQ/prompt:
Favorite utility land.
>>
Thirty (30) starting life is objectively superior to fourty (40)
>>
>TQ
Right now either Academy Ruins or Fomori Vault. I've been really enjoying how both feel to play.
>>
>TQ
Can't go wrong with good ol' Rishadan Port.
>EOT fuck your countermagic
>>
>>93445618
>TQ
I also have a lot of nostalgia for Gavony Township but that doesn't feel nearly as useful these days. Kessig still puts in work.
>>
Got home with my box and deck excited to open them with the lgf
>>
File: 9627.jpg (183 KB, 672x936)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>93445618
The COOF
>>
File: rourkesPassage.jpg (128 KB, 672x936)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>TQ
it just works and people still get surprised from time to time
>>
>>93445618
a HECKING sac outlet and a bit of a ritual on a land
>>
File: 20240726_170416.jpg (3.39 MB, 4032x3024)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB JPG
Dumb nigger taped the top loader now the card is touching the tape. Why the fuck do they do this?
>>
>>93445745
Guy packaged it wrong the sleeve should be turned upside down so the card doesn't slide out like it did there
Must have been his first time selling cards
>>
>>93445745
what a silly billy
>>
>>93445745
oh mama your 1 dollar card now depreciated 0.6% in value, i'd sue the moment you recover from this financial disaster
>>
>>93445745
Yes that's poor packaging but come on that's such a tiny bit of the tape you should be able to get it off with a little care
>>
>the seller puts your order in a booster wrapper
what are some other kino things sellers do?
also
>little handwritten thank you note
>small candies inside the envelope
thank you, seller-sama
>>
>>93445618
I'm thinking of buying my first deck and it's voltron, but I'm having second thoughts. Is voltron just lame? Does anybody play voltron decks at game stores or in the average pod? If I'm going to buy an expensive deck I'd like it to be one that won't make my opponents roll their eyes and cringe.
>>
>>93445852
>small candies
>candies
Enjoy the back of his van.
>>
>>93445860
depends, voltron is quite hard to win with. you will make an example of one piss poor soul on the table, and the others will flip their shit and move your main win condition back to the command zone. you should include alternative wincons, somehow. Also, expect your commander to get shot alot in general.
idk im not a voltron player because of this
>>
Is Bloomburrow out yet?
>>
>>93445618
Stripmine is bestmine.
>>
>>93445939
august second, this friday was prerelease
>>
File: 1414302678163.gif (298 KB, 379x329)
298 KB
298 KB GIF
>>93445618
Greetings from the beach anons. Hope you all have a great weekend!
>>
>>93445852
Don't you know not to take candy from strangers?
>>
>>93445860
>that won't make my opponents roll their eyes and cringe
Impossible, cunts will cringe at anything and everything.
>>
File: 0ad.png (257 KB, 255x255)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>93445852
>buy an expensive card ($500ish bucks)
>seller puts it in a perfect fit in a hard case with a little piece of styrofoam propping it up
>custom tokens from the seller included
>>
Gay Bolas
>>
>>93445852
Card Kingdom's custom hand drawn tokens
Free card
Coupon on next order
Packet of tea to brew with
>>
Is anyone else excited for the fact that now we have real squirrel tribal commanders? Chatterfang was never squirrel tribal
>>
>Chatterfang was never Squirrel tribal
>>
>>93446110
Fuck squirrels, I'm brewing bunnies.
>>
Which manarocks are acceptable for a power 8-9 ish deck? Signets are too slow, right? What about talismans?
>>
Is march of swirling mist my only option to save my board in mono blue against a board wipe? I could counterspell it but I'd rather everyone elses creatures die
>>
>>93446200
sol ring
mana crypt
mana vault
basalt monolith if you have an untap engine or copiers
then there's a big power gap
then there are signets
>>
>>93446250
>then there are signets
*talismans
>>
File: Change of Plans.jpg (102 KB, 488x680)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>93446247
>>
Who else is building
>>
just a PSA
If you are going to build a deck for a newbie do not build Oloro upkeeps.
I know new players are fond of pillowforts but ffs dont build triggers: the deck for someone who barely knows untap upkeep draw

But this begs the question, what deck would you build for your friend who is super new and hates attacking?
>>
>>93446476
Unironically probably a combat deck so they get over their fear of attacking/combat phase and also get better at reading the boardstate for when you attack. Lots of players want to pillowfort or durdle when they start and it's best to give them fewer resources to do that.
>>
>>93446476
Probably Kykar? Cast a bunch of random fun instants and sorceries, have a bunch of flying creatures for blocking, then win at the very end with only one swing.

>>93446500
Otherwise I agree with this guy. Isshin maybe is a good idea. Basically force him to attack for his value
>>
>>93446386
This is basically the only new legend I am not interested in
>>
>>93446518
Sacing creatures can be a hard concept to get over
I had built a neheb deck for my sister in law that she loves but shes not exactly afraid to attack
>>
>>93446542
I don't think it is in a case like Kykar. 1 guy = 1 mana is a pretty simple introduction to the mechanic. And you get a bunch of them, so they become practically worthless to a new play scared to use them. Eventually if they don;t swing with them or sac them, they will have like, 12 spirits, and want to cast spells but not have enough mana.
>Hm.. maybe I'll sacrifice just one...
will eventually trickle into them using them more liberally
>>
>>93446573
kykar is still 3 colors, and spell slangan can get quite complicated, especially with chaining and sequencing. i think a more creature based commander might be a better idea for a newbie
>>
>>93446500
>>93446518
>>93446542
>>93446573
>>93446595
Kykar. VEHICLES. There, problem solved for both of you
>>
>>93446476
>2 color
>can play a more reactive style deck removal wise if the stack is intimidating
>only a few on death triggers to keep track of
>win without attacking
>big creatures still block well
>>
File: IMG_4466.jpg (120 KB, 488x680)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>93446642
Woops forgot image
>>
>>93445797
>>93445792
Yes it came off fine, but it's the principle of the thing. I sell cards too. You don't send people damaged merchandise. I messaged the seller on ebay. Still gave them a good rating, but they should improve their product.
>>
>>93446595
If you're building the deck for them, don't build it like that??
>Blasphemous Act
>Lightning Bolt
>Opt
>Swords/Path
Are hyper beginner cards you can put in Kykar. You don't have to build it storm or whatever, lol. Make it baby's first real deck, with simple stapes from the colors, basic mana fixing like evolving wilds effects or signets and whatnot, and then add simple X spells to close games out and to incentivize sacrificing the spirits. Also, simple tribal stuff like Coat of Arms or Shared Animosity will help them want to combat if they draw into it. Those last two are a bit mathy, but simple as a concept.

Then, as they learn, they can add more spell slangin' in the ways they find fun. Kykar can be built as hyper beginner value deck that is very forgiving and has a lot of room to improve.
>>
>>93445618
Generally speaking, are cantrips good? Do you run any?
>>
>first prerelease I ever want to go to
>can't go out all weekend because car is getting repaired
Guys... go on without me...
>>
>>93446693
walk, tubby
>>
>>93446693
Taxi
Bus
Bike
Walk
>>
>>93446634
>yeah, you tap your Creatures with that much power to crew your vehicles
>no, summoning sickness doenst apply to that, you basically just pay a cost to Crew them, you see?
>aah no, that Vehicle is a now a creature and cant attack right now, summing sickness does apply
>you can crew a Vehicle with other Vehicles, dont ask

yee Vehicles are kinda fucky
>>
File: Image.png (135 KB, 223x311)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>93446680
one of my favorite cards is a cantrip
can't say I'm a big cantrip user though
>>
>>93446680
i like overmaster a lot
>>
>>93446680
Very good
I run at least ponder preordain and semen visions in any blue deck
>>
>>93446680
No they are not good at all generally speaking. You may have synergies in your deck that care about drawing cards and they become more worthwhile there but it's still better if it's an actual draw spell or just a card with some other value
>>
Anons how do I protect myself as a spellslinger? People keep hititng my face while I don't have any creatures...
>>
What is your favorite removal spell? I am very partial to Tragic Slip. For non creature, maybe Nature's Claim.
>>
>>93446680
they are insane in Spellslinger, especially Storm. Its great to proc your Magecraft and "cast" triggers at a low rate, draw a new card and keep the chain going. Otherwise, i dont care to much about them, i run the occasional Brainstorm, Impulse and Opt, thats about it
t.Rionya player
>>
>>93446830
get yourself some tokens
>>
File: IMG_4468.jpg (225 KB, 672x936)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>93446832
RTD
>>
File: warp.jpg (140 KB, 672x936)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>93446832
the chaddest of them all. if i want to be very efficient, Soul Shatter feels great everytime
>>
File: mkc-325-serene-sleuth.jpg (139 KB, 672x936)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
Thoughts?
>>
>>93446830
Silent Arbiter and Crawlspace are both colorless, so it doesn't matter what colors you are in. I have an Eruth deck that I have Ensnaring Bridge in since I exile everything- same goes for my Krark/Kydele deck, since I run song of creation and tutor it out quick to induce fun
>>
File: IMG_4469.jpg (146 KB, 672x936)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>93446830
My friend likes to play bounce spells
Especially if they replace themselves or have other effects like cryptic command or commit//memory
As a spell caster you are playing against a clock tempo is your friend
>>
>>93446870
My initial thought was that WOTC pulled Android Netrunner's IP license a few years back and how funny it would be if they released a universes beyond: netrunner set
The salt would be unimaginable
>>
File: h1r-2-generous-gift.jpg (170 KB, 672x936)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>93446832
This. I love being able to answer anything at instant speed. I used to be a beast within chad, but I'm happy it's now in the correct color.
>>
>>93446870
Why waste perfectly good goad on yourself for some Clues? I'd rather just goad my opponents creatures, much more proactive
>>
>>93446963
What is a more classic combination than edhg and poor reading comprehension?
>>
Bloomburrow may be the most overrated set in magic history
>>
>>93446693
Must suck to live in a village with no public transportation. Score 1 for the city dwellers.
>>
>try to pillowfort
>doesn't work because who the fuck cares if it costs 7 mana to attack me? Table just kills everyone with non-combat targeted damage
Do I need to start running orbs of warding, leyline of sanctity, and witchbane orb or some shit?
>>
>>93447110
The Wanderer?
>>
>>93447132
Okay this works well.
>>
>>93447135
Glad to be of assistance.
>>
>>93445618
How useful is commander's plate for 3+ color decks?
>>
>>93446726
It's American posting hours, don't you know?
>>
>>93447081
LotR comes close
>>
>playgroup only has CEDH-tier degeneracy decks and anyone who plays control gets targeted first
>>
>>93447165
Most Americans have public transportation if they aren't hicks in the south.
No one is going to walk extreme distances. Weird to assume the guys shop is around the corner and not 10+ miles away.
>>
>>93447174
Nah not even. People whined non-stop about the race swapping and there were plenty of complaints on card designs. Most of the hype was over a 1/1 card. This shit is being called the greatest set in magic history because....it has a squirrel with a sword. Doesn't matter if the set is low power and mostly focused on themes that will never again see support. HECKIN WOODLAND CREATURES AND NO UGGOS IN MUH ART.
Personally I don't find woodland creatures with middle ages weaponry to be fantasy any more than I do cowboys with magic guns and whips.

Theme wise the set offers little if you aren't a 40+ year old who read redwall as a kid/a zoophile. Power wise it offers almost nothing at all.
>that's good
No. Sets that will never see play again and are basically garbage are BAD regardless of past FIRE mistakes.
>>
>>93447176
That should be a challenge. If you're only interested in control when it's idiot proof, you get what you deserve.
>>
>>93447233
>mostly focused on themes that will never again see support
this post's gonna age like a fine artisanal milk, anon
>>
>>93447335
To be faaaair, WotC is just making everything Kicker with a new name.l and there's no reason to think they'll stop.
>>
>>93447358
I wish wotc would just make everything kicker with the same name. Condense all fucking keywords and mechanics I can't keep track of all this bullshit anymore, ring, dungeon, monarch, radiation counters, poison counters, junk tokens, time tokens, cheese tokens
>>
>>93447369
The "everything is kicker" meme needs to die
>>
Group hug players are the most oppressed magic players
>>
>>93447233
>low power
No, it's really not. You saw this posted and never thought about it and now spout it over and over pretending it's real
>themes that will never see support again
Most of the themes and mechanics in this set are pretty easy to find support for. You're a bad player and a thoughtless critic
>>
>>93447455
>that one anon who calls you bad if you dont like something from bloomburrow and refuses to elaborate or discuss it

>>93447335
What mechanics are going to see more support? Offspring? Random tribal support doesnt count.
>>
>>93447492
Your bad because half the mechanics are incredibly easy to find support for. Expend? Valiant? Prowess? Forage? At least half the mechanics can find plenty of support everywhere. If you can't see this you are bad at the game, if you needed this elaborated, you are bad at the game
>>
All the tribes in bloomburrow are likely to receive more support
>>
>>93446386
I want to run her because of the David Petersen art but this card is just objectively better
>>
>>93447508
>prowess
Oh what a unique and innovative bloomburrow mechanic.
>expend
Maybe.
>Valiant
You mean shitty heroic.
>forage
Definitely not. That one is for sure locked to the woodland creature plane and has very little design space.

Any other mechanics you'd like to discuss, shit-kun?
>>
>>93447513
I really doubt we'll see future badger and raccoon support.
>>
>>93447556
Actually retarded and you don't even know what support for a theme means.
>>
Does anyone feel like it's always the same dude shit posting?
>>
File: 20240527_202553.jpg (2.84 MB, 4000x3000)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB JPG
Gonna build the haymaker. I wonder if I can make due without any real creature token synergy and go all in on treasures, things like Bloodforged battle axe, roles, blood, clues and food. Maybe some of red's temporary token stuff too. Exalted is interesting as well but I don't think it's got enough support to run it beyond Sublime archangel and merchant of truth.
>>
>>93446386
>>
>>93447513
Rats and Birds are pretty much always gonna be something (I guarantee there'll be some Rats in Duskmourn and Death Race (no way is Greasefang not gonna be in that set)). I can see Mice and Bats getting some incidental support, and maybe Squirrels or Otters, but not much for those. Lizards, too, now that Viashinos are Lizards. The rest I don't think are gonna get much overt support.
>>
>>93447569
Badgers no way (they didn't even get support here), Raccoons will probably get a few things, maybe with Marvel UB.
>>
>>93447597
>Greasefang
>Mfw a new version of my waifu
Based
>>
I posted this grixis demons (Be'Lakor) deck a while ago but updated it, thoughts on the current iteration? I've been looking at this too long and need some outside eyes. There are some things like some more flicker spells, great unclean one, Vilis Broker of Blood, and a few other options for demons that I could add but I don't know.

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/U5CvhLXFe0SV5JdgyxvkeA
>>
>>93447597
There were some rabbit cards leading up to this set. They probably just join elves, saprolings, soldiers, spirits, insects, plants, dryads and so on for when they need a WG token making card depending on flavor.
>>
>>93447513
Most already do besides bunny mouse and badger. And I don't really see that changing, maybe bunnies which would be cool i like bunnies
>>
>>93447025
Is this bait? Read the card again
>>
>>93447633
Yeah, there were a few 'seeded' cards for Bloomburrow. Eldraine had some mice, I think there was a raccoon somewhere, and Elusive Otter, etc. They'll probably try and keep BLB in mind whenever they make a creature that's 'just a normal animal' flavourfully.
>>
>>93447586
I'm pretty sure this bloomburrow guy only plays standard, oathbreaker, edh and limited so he has tremendous difficulty talking about the game.
>>
>>93447647
It's an anti-goad card, not an incentive to goad yourself.
>>
>>93447617
I genuinely can't think of any single character more likely to show up for the Death Race set. Maybe Samut, just running on foot, but who knows. I fully expect Tezzeret to be the Planeswalker for the set, because... It just kinda seems correct.
>>
>>93447656
Anon is suggesting its a silly card to play if you're not goading yourself because 99% of the time it will be useless as goad isn't super popular.
>>
>>93447670
Sure. It's a card you put into a deck when you know you're up against that asshole with a goad deck, I suppose.
>>
>>93447670
Anon is a retard
>>
>>93445618
Is naya group hug viable?
>>
My pod has been amping up from chill casual and I got sick of it. I said lemme know if/when some low power games were on. They kept saying we were and then blew through their decks to drop fucking eldeazi titans against budget decks. Was I a dickhead for making a W/B stax deck to get them to cut that shit out?
>>
>>93447709
behead those who play group hug
>>
>>93447728
Not at all. Stax is the proper way to deal with that shit. You did nothing wrong. In fact, go harder. What stax pieces are you running?
>>
Are magiccons fun? I'm thinking of going to the one in Las Vegas.
>>
>>93447728
If "w/b stax" and eldrazi titans are viable, you might be in a low powered meta.
>>
>>93447743
Is your idea of fun a bunch of overweight trannies?
>>
>>93447743
I don't know since they only seem to do events in florida, vegas, and every random country in Europe.
>>
>>93447755
That does sound funny to watch.
>>
>>93447755
If he didn't want to play with overweight mentally ill people he wouldn't be playing magic
>>
What are some good colorless utility lands?
>>
>>93447780
Look at an Omo decklist since they run like 30 utility lands
>>
>>93447621
I worry about the high cmc of your creatures. You should explore some more low toughness board wipes. Decree of Pain, Anger of the Gods etc. could really help you not get booted before your threating tribe comes online. I would skip flicker here personally if you don't go all in on the theme. Only your commander really cares about etbs so if he's not out they're really just occupying the same slot as a counterspell to protect your creatures. Put together a package of flicker spells and test with and without them.
>>
>>93447741
They're all in on storm and free spells, so I went gentle. Rule of Law, trinisphere, Drana and Linvala as the CMDR, Hokori, painful quandary. The easy stuff. No full lockouts.
>>
>>93447787
Good thoughts, thanks.
>>
>>93447780
I run this in my hazezon list and there are quite a few good deserts that tap for colorless. There's also a cycle of deserts that tap for C or one of their colour for one life. If you're in blue there's a handful of colourless mana dorks and green has one as well
>>
File: avr-111-killing-wave.jpg (162 KB, 672x936)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>93447805
On second thought, ignore nightscape familiar entirely. Your commander is the only thing that double dips with it lol.
>>
>>93447851
Interesting, I didn't know that anything could double dip with it.
>>
>>93447743
Would you like paying for a vegas vacation to play magic? Buying a badge to play edh or a different format? Buying a badge to buy entry to draft?
>>
>>93447870
I have a couple of friends who play who are interested in going and we don't live too far away from Vegas. Also, I have family there so we can stay with them for free. Yes, I would essentially be paying to play edh in Vegas. Which does sound fun. Is anybody else going?
>>
>>93447868
They actually ruled that stuff can't double dip a couple of years ago actually. Shame. I like all your 2 cost reducers better.
>>
>wort is a legendary edhg meme.

Qrd?
>>
File: wth-164-gemstone-mine.jpg (252 KB, 672x936)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>93447885
Well there you go, sounds like fun. Conventions can get pricy. I enjoy a random draft or two during gen con but they hilariously charge 12 bucks for an on demand commander pod that gives prize tickets to the winner.
>>
>>93447934
Wort is bad but people keep building her
>>
>>93447934
Hipster pick even though it's just a spell doubler with extra steps even though this general claims to hate "do thing twice" card design.
>>
File: all-1a-carrier-pigeons.jpg (137 KB, 488x680)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>white can't draw cards
>>
>>93447763
>>93447767
I'm definitely mentally ill, but I put all my points into charisma over a decade or so, and it's great fun interacting with weirdos at cons. I'll frequently invite random people out for drinks and a smoke between rounds or at the end of the day, and I've met a ton of interesting people. One of my favorite stories was from an eternal masters draft at a random store. I brought a 26 of rum in my backpack, and me and a couple of the regulars were having a few drinks and a smoke between rounds. One guy called over his buddy, a greasy emaciated horse faced edgelord we'll call Tim, and of course he wanted a drink and a smoke. And another. And another. Tim drank like 4 shots and smoked about a gram in the 15 minutes before we had to go back for the next round. The organizers were fucking around before posting the pairings and all of a sudden I hear this retching sound. Everyone turns and sees Tim chipmunk cheeked with vomit, eyes bulging out of his head, stumble to the trashcan at the front of the store and chuck his buckets. Eventually, after his friend helped him to the washroom and we played the round, Tim's parents had to be called to pick him up and take him home.
>>
>>93448001
>Tim's Saga
You should make that into a golgari saga card.
>>
File: 1526981262.jpg (100 KB, 891x595)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>when the opponent plays a turn 1 temple of the false god
>>
>>93448085
I refuse to ever use this land. Utter fucking garbage
>>
File: 1710508350210170.jpg (175 KB, 672x936)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
I really don't want to run this card over Cloud Key because I feel it misrepresents my deck too much.
The main thing I want it for is the fact that it works on instants and sorceries unlike Cloud Key which only works on 1. Building charges every turn feels like massive overkill that makes my deck appear to have more of a threat in its back pocket than it actually does (by 2 charges 70% of my deck costs 1 mana and at 3 charges that's 90%)
What should I do?
>>
File: bobbybrained.jpg (41 KB, 512x512)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
I stopped playing Temple of the False God a decade ago.
>>
REPRINT HIM
>>
>>93448101
cloudkey is a way better card a way huger threat
>>
>>93448101
Flash it in only when you're ready to utilize the cost reduction to it's fullest and/or as a red herring if it's getting removed on sight often. Aim to win before you need more than a charge. Or just stick with cloud key because it's cheaper and we know you're picking instants every time.
>>
>>93448099
I love my land ramp and I've never been unhappy to see it.
Just treat it like a ramp piece, not a land. If you see it in your opening hand, it's ramp, not a land. And never keep a hand with less than 3 lands.
>>
>>93448121
No it's not
>>
>>93447399
>deliberately make your opponents stronger
>complain that you lose too much
>>
>>93448188
Or a regular land and a karoo.
>>
It's time for Rat Colony, but I'm stuck on the Commander. Vren, the Relentless seems good and gives me blue and actual rats, but Wick has a stronger and more consistent ability (though he doesn't create rats himself).

Wick or Vren?
>>
>>93448241
Not sure how anyone thinks wick is stronger than vren desu
>>
File: 1694097578225339.jpg (161 KB, 672x936)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>93448121
In what possible way?
>>
>>93448241
Neither. Rats are mono black if you aren't doing mono black rats you aren't a true rat enjoyed
>>
>>93448241
Marrow gnawer or bust.
>>
>>93448241
everyone who sees this is going to read
>Wick, the Whored Mind
What were they thinking?
>>
>>93448270
My sides. That's exactly what I thought. Then I started thinking about juni ito spirals, before settling on what the fuck were they thinking with the flavour. What do rats and snails have in common?
>>
>>93448241
Honestly wick seems fun, vren seems... Better.. but more of a threat. I think vren will get hated in a lot of pools while wick is a bizarre novelty. I would probably build wick
>>
File: file.jpg (163 KB, 672x936)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>93448290
Wick just sees the bigger picture
>>
>>93448121
>cloudkey
>threat
huh?
>>
>>93448222
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: blb-56-lightshell-duo.jpg (150 KB, 672x936)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>93448270
Dunno I think it's cute. A rat becomes obsessed with snails. There's also this card which has an inexplicable flavor text but hints that the snails are important to the rats somehow. I do wish we got another bloomburrow set but alas they don't do blocks anymore so this might just be a mystery for awhile
>>
>>93448305
That... a rat makes a big snail to be feasted on when his rat friends come over? Is he french? Also what the fuck is going on with that salamander boy? What's the lore on him?
>>
File: IMG_20240726_234549.jpg (399 KB, 672x936)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
>>93448338
>>
>>93448328
>we want the dark souls audience
>>
>>93448338
basically the conspiritards are right about literally everything
>>
>>93448305
I love this guy but whenever I try to play him everyone just destroys Muldrak then beats me to death with my own salamanders, or they just beat me to death with their other creatures while using my salamanders as blockers so the only juicy target is me.
>>
>>93448254
Wick gives me some guaranteed damage and card draw, and with a lot of potential single B cost RatCs, it'd be pretty easy to start flooding the board once I got UBR. Worse case scenario I'm stuck with a big chungus snail.

Vren relies on other creatures dying consistently to trigger, and he has a potentially huge pay off, but I feel like most turns he's just going to sit there doing nothing.

I play mostly kitchen table and a local normie nerd scene.
>>
>>93446634
Vehicles aren't noob friendly. But yes, kykar vehicles is sick. Love my brew, even though it's essentially a neutered artifacts deck
>>
>>93448241
You can run Vren in Wick but not the other way. Rat colony is boring though. This is a blink deck. Blink Burglar rats until no one has a hand and sac your snail when ready to kill. Blink Ichor rats a bunch and then finish everyone off.
>>
>>93448353
What does this have to do with dark souls
>>
Cuck Master
BB2
Legendary fat bastard
3/6
Creatures your opponents control are cucks, and lose all other creature types.

If a token creature with power or toughness 1 would enter the battlefield under your opponents control, instead a create a a 1/1 copy of this creature, except it isn’t legendary.
>>
File: tolsimir.jpg (1.77 MB, 3264x2222)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
>one (1) wolf in the animal focused set
>gruul

Lack of new wolves is almost as disappointing as Voja being naya
>>
>>93448347
Oh damn, never noticed that. Neat.

>>93448359
Is the mcguffin a snail shell? I know nothing about the lore for this set, but heard something something goreclaw steals something.
>>
>>93448427
I HATE this. Please dont...

>>93448418
The fuck? Why would you get a copy of a token?
>>
>>93448377
>Vren relies on other creatures dying consistently to trigger, and he has a potentially huge pay off, but I feel like most turns he's just going to sit there doing nothing.

I don't understand this attitude. You are the one who can make creatures die! Vrens deck can be removal heavy and the he provides you with tokens that grow exponentially.
>>
>>93448428
He steals an egg from some elemental owl pissing off all the elemental predators or something.
>>
>>93448438
Because it’s his offspring :)
>>
>>93448446
So I read the flavor text from every card in the set, and outside of pithy one liners and weird call-to-action monologues I couldnt figure any of it out. I also found maybe the worst flavourtext ever. Worse than smash smash song. Worse than avacyn's collar.
>>
Another snail reference
>>
File: LeoninWarleader__77871.jpg (410 KB, 919x1280)
410 KB
410 KB JPG
is the new rabbits on proper token production level i feel like Leonin warleader is my standard
>>
>>93448651
There are quite a few rabbit tokens. But one set of support really isn't enough
>>
Once the set comes out i'm buying 15 copies of Fabled Passage, the price has already dropped so much
>>
>>93447905
Not entirely true. Cost reducers templated separately add up. afaik the only ones are Grand Augustin and a planechase card, so they are very much exceptions. But nothing is stopping them from printing other cards that reduce as such.
>>
>>93448109
Print him*
>>
>>93448953
He's not legal in commander anon :^)
>>
>>93448970
But he's also not banned. If printed, he would almost certainly not get banned.
>>
File: 1.jpg (977 KB, 3543x2563)
977 KB
977 KB JPG
Had some decent pulls from my box.
>>
File: 2.jpg (1.1 MB, 3786x2735)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>93449038
Lumra went into my bear deck. Built a jeskai deck with Baylen and Finneas and Mabel, working on a spellslinger deck with Alania and kitsa, and want to build a Vren rat deck.
>>
>>93448765
>$1.50 fabled passage
nice
>>
It's a fun card but 5 mana just feels like a lot. What do you guys think? Worth it just because it's fun, or should I just run a board wipe or something useful like that?
Feels like I only get a lot of use out of this card when it's lategame enough that I can cast it alongside a bomb. It feels like a wasted turn if I'm just playing this by itself.
>>
>was so starved for magic while I wait for next friday for the best magic set of all time to release I redownloaded arena
>built Phelia Exuberant Shepherd "Brawl" deck
God every time I think about Brawl just being a form of Commander with lower power levels I just get mad we never got any more budget and afforable 100 card decks like these
Imagine if MH3 had Brawl decks and you could just pick up Phelia and upgrade it to EDH standards. God that would be so much more fun than just piecing the deck together like it's a goddamn model kit. Why does Wizards HATE selling you ready to play product and put garbage precons on shelves? Where is the fun for new players gambling $150 on a play booster box for a 1/4th of a decent deck?
>>
>>93448523
wotc writers devolved into pre pubescent teenage jokes long long ago anon.
>>
>>93447780
Displacer slaps in my Rasputin deck
>>
>>93449254
You're in green. It's not like this should normally be cast on turn 5 when you should already have ramp.
>>
>>93448523
>I also found maybe the worst flavourtext ever.
Not even inn the top 100
>>
File: acr-151-shao-jun.jpg (126 KB, 672x936)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
She seems fun. I'm thinking cheerios. I guess you could go artifact tokens but that's boring as fuck.
>>
>>93448523
>avacyn's collar
that doesn't have flavor text anon
>>
>>93449362
Well it's not exactly ramp. I'm running it more for the cascade. Deck has some cascade, exile, etc. synergies.
On the other hand, I usually have to attach it to a land (only 3 artifacts outside of treasure and food tokens) so it's only netting me one mana of ramp in most cases. I can play it early(ish) if I draw it early, but it's a fast deck and a BotI into nothing on turn 4 feels like a bad loss of momentum, especially if I have creatures in hand that need to hit the field.

It's a fun card to use but it sits around in my hand if I have anything better to play, which I usually do. Some extra spot removal would at least benefit from sitting in my hand until I need it.
>>
File: file.jpg (161 KB, 672x936)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>93449383
They're referring to this
>>
>>93448523
This flavor text is great.
I bet you don't even like Rakdos.
>>
How was your pre release
I went 3-1 with gruul raccoons and ended up pulling 2 lumras and the green and back seasons, and a borderless sword of fire and ice
Raccoons were actually really fucking fun to play
>>
>>93449543
I haven't been to a pre-release since corona
>>
>>93449543
Zero interest in the set.
>>
>>93449543
This is the first time in 10 years that I've been tempted to attend a prerelease, but then I thought about recent events and decided that I'd rather see Hasbro die sooner rather than later, it will be better for everyone.
>>
how is your current build going? either constructing a new deck or how is your main playing?
>>
>>93449758
>how is your main playing?
My group has started targeting my main deck like I am the biggest threat to ever exist, which might kill me playing it anymore. It's not fun to have people hitting me for 20 on turn 3 when I have 3 lands and nothing on the board.
Might just try making it the least fun deck ever and overloading with the most obnoxious stax, since it would work with the deck and I want to punish everyone.
>>
>>93449543
I never go to a pre release. I only play commander.
>>
File: i28GzxV.png (9 KB, 677x93)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
Post em
>>
>>93449847
What does this represent how much fast mana all your artifacts and other sources can pump out cards without lands? Or is this just the average curve of a card's cost?
>>
>>93448328
>had space but they didn't make it a rat otter wizard
booooo
>>
File: 130653398.jpg (264 KB, 664x1280)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
Would you ?

Gerrard didn't
>>
>>93448407
Post list?
>>
File: IMG_2056.jpg (153 KB, 672x936)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
thoughts? seems kinda fun but idk if I can make it work it a high power pod
>>
>>93449922
gerrard was gay then
>>
File: 634262.jpg (220 KB, 1213x871)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>93449970
pretty much anon
>>
File: captain-sisay.jpg (122 KB, 464x664)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>93449970
is it gay to like tomboys?
>>
>>93449380
She's good. I just crammed rocks and shit like howling mine in her. She's surprisingly fast
>>
>>93446651
>ebay
you deserved it
>>
Post legends with incompatible strategies. I'll start.
>flicker + counters
>>
File: 1615.jpg (158 KB, 703x1000)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>93449922
>get friendzoned by your capachen childhood friend heartthrob
>agree to join his adventure voyage anyway
>turns out he shacked up with the capation of the ship
>with your acute feline senses you can't not overhear every time they go at it
>also the ship is alive
>comfort yourself this isn't the worst possible timeline, at least you're not a vampire
>>
I'm thinking of including Mirrorpool, Vesuva, Thespian's Stage, and Petrified Field in mono-G as a land package to make token copies of a specific permanent. All my other lands would be Forests except for one Command Beacon.
How many other ways to make the one colourless needed for Mirrorpool do you think would be necessary for this to be realistic?
>>
File: swifspear.jpg (14 KB, 190x265)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>93450096
>creature + noncreature
>>
>>93450131
Depends, how many ways do you have of tutoring any of those particular lands? If it's less than 10, than try to add enough sources to create Colorless to make it so that, including tutors, you have 10 different ways of making that 1 colorless you need.
>>
>>93450153
>Implying a deck with creatures wouldn't run noncreature spells, nor want to gain benefit from them.
>>
>>93449847
>with lands
I keep seeing this posted. What site is this that thinks lands are at all relevant to avg cmc? Idiocy.
>>
>>93450188
Moxfield, which most people use. Tappedout is for boomers too lazy to move from a site more out of date than MTGO. And architekt is hipster shit
>>
>>93450174
That's my point. I was hoping that anon would discuss the difference between design tension and "incompatible strategies".
>>
>>93450195
As if it matters at all what site someone decides to put their decklists on. Stop caring about such things.
>>
>>93445618
it's been a while since Secret Lair put out a decent product, what the hell is going on? Last time I bought something was the mystery box with several booster packs and mana rocks.
>>
>>93450165
Hmm yeah not many nonbasic tutors. I have other ways to make the token I want, so it might not be worth cutting more e.g. some of my Regrowth effects just to have these. Thanks
>>
Anyone building or looking at Bello, got some lesser known enchantment/artifacts they think would work well in the deck?
>>
File: file.png (1.39 MB, 672x936)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>93450270
enjoy your opponents having little to no creatures to block with
>>
>>93447705
>asks what others think about card
>"kinda usesless"
>"you are a retard"
this fucking board, eh?
>>
>>93450275
this is incredible
>>
>>93450153
Dumbass

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.