[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.jpg (209 KB, 672x936)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
Previous: >>93428779

>OFFICIAL Commander website, where you can learn the rules, see the current banlist, and read the format philosophy, laid down by the rules committee:
https://mtgcommander.net/

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen color identity.
http://mtglands.com/

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>CARD SEARCH
https://scryfall.com

>Proxy a deck or a cube for cheap
https://pastebin.com/9Xj1xLdM

>how to proxy using any printer
https://mtgprint.cardtrader.com/

Thread Question/Prompt: What's your favorite enchantment?
>>
>>93435854
It's just so fucking good every time it resolves
>>
File: card for thread.jpg (169 KB, 488x680)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>TQ
Unironically, I started using this as a "maybe it'll be good" in a Rakdos Baeloth deck with Agent of the Shadow Thieves (I seriously struggle to find a good black background for him for leaning into Goad/Treasure, so that's good enough). Each time it's touched the board and I explained how it was gonna go
>Each upkeep everyone gets X zombies where X is the number of creatures in their graveyard
>my Baeloth by then usually has Hexproof or Indestructible or both
>strong enough to goad them all
>when they die attacking OR blocking, I get treasures
>treasures easily pay for the upkeep cost
>all of my other death trigger cards like Blood Artist and Massacre Wurm are going to pick up on it
they just scoop. I fucking love this thing. A lot like Uba Mask, I found it by happenstance while searching for obscure/old cards for themes I like.
>>
File: 11.png (2 KB, 548x128)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
Post em.
>>
>>93435901
where the fuck even has the cards in that low of resolution
that jpg has more artifacts than esper
>>
File: file.png (1 KB, 169x38)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
>>93435909
damn, not quite up to par
>>
File: Much Obliged.jpg (1.54 MB, 10000x10000)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>cut all my 1cmc mana dorks for 2-3cmc land ramp
>a few moments later
>cut my 2cmc land ramp for 2-3cmc mana dorks
My deck is so fucking bad.
>>
>>93435915
Where do you get your card images? After wotc shoa'd all the sites I just google it and save whatever.
>>
File: 11.png (5 KB, 284x353)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>93435909
The battlecruiser is battlecruisin' for a battlebruisin'.
>>
>>93435932
I usually get them off scryfall like a normal person
>>
>>93435932
Scryfall, Archidekt, or Gatherer if you like shitty res artifacts
>>
>>93435929
why
>>
File: 9382179.png (6 KB, 758x38)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>93435909
>>
File: 1582759876.jpg (34 KB, 750x489)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>93435976
>well I'll just cut all these low cost dorks because they only give me one mana and then they die
>land ramp is way more consistent even if it costs a little more mana, almost no one I play with fucks with lands and most land destruction spells are very inefficient so I'd still maintain a lead
>well now I don't have any one-drop creatures but that's fine, I'm not making any big turn 3 plays
>but now that I look at it, cards like somberwald sage and fanatic of rhonas only cost two or three mana but they can give me three or four mana back
My deck is very mana hungry.
At this point I'd start reworking my deck so I could have Keruga as a companion, but I'm not in blue.
>>
File: 1375897549126.jpg (5 KB, 259x194)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>93436044
Disgusting.
>>
>>93435909
Demon tribal is absolutely terrible sometimes
>>
File: oooooo.png (104 KB, 435x524)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>93436068
I like castin spells
>>
>>93436060
everyone at your table is running bolt and doomblade for your llanowar elves? generally in green all you need is the 1 mana dorks and the 2 mana land ramp. everything else is just superfluous unless you really think spending 3-4 mana to make no meaningful impact on the board every turn is worth something sometimes the higher mana value super ramp spells or ones that can tutor out any land can be useful but they're more exceptions instead of the rule
>>
>>93435932
>wotc shoa'd all the sites
The fuck are you talking about lmao
>>
>>93436100
>everyone at your table is running bolt and doomblade for your llanowar elves?
Targeted damage on a stick, yeah. Plus it fucks me over when a board wipes leaves me way behind in mana when my cards are easily the most expensive at the table.
>>
>>93436125
what commander
>>
Thirty (30) starting life is objectively superior to fourty (40)
>>
>>93436100
>I love never recovering from boardwipes and never getting manafix
>>
>>93436149
Pantlaza. Love my dinos.
>>
File: AssaultSuit.jpg (132 KB, 672x936)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>93432835
>once you lose control of him the initial time, your opponents would just pass him around
thats what makes him a politics Commander, just like Ms. Bumbleflower. You have to make deals the first couple times you send him out, and people like to oblige because free card draw, he is basically a Santa Claus while actively contributing to the board.
>how the hell do you build Khârn?
later on it doenst matter so much on whose side of the table he is on, i run a lot of creature steal effects to get him back for the turn. You need those anyways just for the funny player who absolutely will attack you with "The Betrayer" each game he is in. good thing with steal is, that you can just grab any creature you like, i actually won one time by 21ing someone with his own commander. i also run a lot of goad, to make sure that buffed up Khârn wont bite my ass.
the rest is basically normal voltron stuff, with attack trigger Equips - you still controll any Equipments attached on him, so you will get a good amount of value per rotation.
With Jaxis out he becomes a 1 Mana Draw 2, probably the closest you can get to Ancestral Recall in mono Red. Picrel is probably the best equipment in the list, he obviously absolutely crumbles against heavy edict decks.
He is my favorite deck to pull out against newer Players

>my fav is henzie
i sadly slept on his precon, but a friend got him and he is very nice. He doesnt play anymore, maybe he will sell me his deck
>>
>>93435909
I have a friend who constantly complains about the format being too centered around ramp and that everyone ramps too much, meanwhile he only plays orzhov decks with an avg cmc of 2
>>
>>93436438
with jaxis he actually becomes 1 mana: discard 1, draw 3
>>
>>93436447
just like the average green haters seething about ramp, while they themselves abuse rituals and treasure generation, down to cheating costs. Suddenly they are colorblind
>>
>>93436532
They hate green for running 13 ramp cards, but then feel disgusted when you suggest they should run more than just 6 mana rocks.
>>
File: 0.png (227 KB, 587x571)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>Voltron player kills one player, maybe 2
>Never wins, ever.
Justify the existence of voltron to me, this shit is so fucking awful conceptually.
The existence of commander damage in general is fucking annoying because if your commander does a thing and incidentally pumps himself then people will just kill him simply for having a lot of power even though thats not your game plan at all.
So many commanders Ive wanted to build, but all of them had this problem where if you do your thing 2 or 3 times they get 7 power and a switch flips in your opponents heads to target that commander no matter the game state.
Having a high power commander is basically a liability.
>>
>>93435940
too fucking low of a curve, literally cEDH
>>
>>93436570
Commander damage is intended to keep people honest. With 40 life and three opponents, it's very hard to kill someone with pure combat damage but early in the format commanders like Rafiq did a lot to stop people from pillow forting because you only need to hit them two or three times. Much like how aggro often isn't the best deck in any format but its existence means every deck needs to at least be cognizant of their speed and ability to play to the board, commander damage means you can't just ignore your opponent entirely.
>>
>>93436570
i play voltron because it is not easy
>>
>super spike in limited
>will only play the most larpy Boros in EDH
>>
>>93436636
i wanted to build him after dissassembling Greasefang to house all my vehicles, but he wants anything but actual Vehicles to drive
>>
File: blc-3-ms-bumbleflower.jpg (99 KB, 488x680)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
What's a good way to keep the power level of a deck in check? I'm not used to playing Commander but my friends want me to play with them and I don't want to go balls to the wall kill you all on turn 2 but I don't want my deck to be weak either. I'm not sure how to manage the balance in a casual format, I'm too competitive normally. Maybe I'll just do something stupid like this
>>
>>93436658
What do you mean? He wants nonland permanents, not non-vehicle permanents. You can absolutely crash land a normal car.
>>
>>93435909
Yuriko 1.85 with lands and 2.82 without
Derevi 1.95 with lands and 3.06 without
Inalla 1.91 with lands and 2.82 without
Azami 2.08 with lands and 3.27 without
Breya 2.28 with lands and 3.53 without
Freyalise 2.25 with lands and 3.63 without
Adeliz 1.7 with lands and 2.55 without
>>
>>93436685
>Maybe I'll just do something stupid like this
Group hug is despised and will get you focused down and killed by most playgroups. Especially in Bloomburrow, where the gift cards are actually very strong.

Just play the deck you want to play and, if you decide your deck is too powerful for the rest of the playgroup, modify it to be a bit slower (emphasis on slower, not weaker) or just build a different deck.
EDH is a game about having fun. Giving players free shit is, actually somewhat surprisingly, not fun for most people at the table. The people who aren't receiving free shit from you will feel left out and stressed because they have to play harder in order to achieve parity with the players who are getting free things from you. The players receiving free things from you will either pick up bad habits (why put card draw into my deck when the group hug player will always give me free cards when I need them?) or they'll feel like their deck is playing outside of their control (all of their optimization to keep up with the others means nothing if they're getting extra assistance from someone else on top of that.)

Strong decks are fine. Good, even. Excellent, even. They're what EDH is all about. People want to drop bombs and make their opponents gawk in awe at their win conditions. The only issue is speed: If you're winning before other players are playing their bombs, that feels bad.
Play a slow deck, but one that puts up a fight. Everyone has time to get their crazy shit on the field and everyone wants to square up their crazy shit with your crazy shit.

NOTE: This applies exclusively to casual commander. If you're doing competitive or trying to win events, focus on speed, efficiency, and interaction.
>>
>>93436438
Huh. I never actually thought about running the steal effects to take Khârn back, that's pretty clever.

I thought about building this guy, although I'm kind of annoyed that all of the "traitor" Commander archetypes are UB, I'm hoping eventually there will be one that scratches the itch for me
>>
>>93436685
The best way is to setup a budget limit to work with. Most powerful blow out unfun cards are expensive, of course there are some exceptions, some Commanders are extremely powerful and cheap but you will know just by googling them.
>>
File: chr-90-xira-arien.png (1.92 MB, 745x1040)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
Funny observation but I noticed that people ignored my field at the pod when I played with Xira. Whole deck is filled with instant buff cards that can turn enemy's unblocked creature into miscalculated finisher with three or more mana. All the power doublers and such cards just fly past their minds as they can't predict what I play.

Could older generals win simply because their aren't see as big of a threat compared to popular generals even if the 99 could be as game winning as rest?
>>
>>93436909
Flying under the radar is totally possible, but will only really work once per playgroup.
>>
>>93436909
Flying under the radar is a good strategy in general, it doesn't have to be an older Commander. Pick something that nobody has really seen before, with like a thousand or less Decks on edhrec and people won't really know what to make of it and they'll ignore you because they feel bad or something
>>
>>93436909
There's an argument to be made that it's unsportsmanlike, since people are probably assuming that you have an old and obscure commander that doesn't really do anything on its own so you're either a boomer that just wants to show off old cards or you're playing a jankpile, but you could also argue it's their fault for making assumptions.
Either way, you're winning less because of your strategy and more because you're preying on the general perception of your deck. If you're fine with that, go for it.
>>
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/AFRcqnEIv0OuaqxK7uGJQQ

How is this for baby first deck
>>
>>93436775
Soulless
>>
>>93436998
Seems fine at a glance. But personally I'd cut Arcane Bombardment (it's slow as fuck and random) and maybe one other card for one or two more lands.
>>
>>93437039
Oh, and consider Heroic Intervention and another protection spell(s) so you don't instantly crumple to a board wipe.
>>
File: 1702754297083289.png (9 KB, 548x100)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>93435909
Which site do you guys like to use to see this stuff?
>>
File: poopipeee.png (372 KB, 491x336)
372 KB
372 KB PNG
I was looking at dollhouse of horrors stuff and the internet is telling me that I can activate dollhouse to exile tree here and in response to the construct ETBing something triggers and i can respond to that trigger by tapping the construct and it will make someones life 0 is this true?
>>
>>93437055
what else is there besides heroic intervention
>>
>>93437095
nta but Wrap in Vigor is my favorite, mostly because it's a lot cheaper (money).
>>
File: cns-183-wrap-in-vigor.jpg (326 KB, 672x936)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
>>93437095
>>
>>93437101
>>93437102
what do I cut, I cut arcane bombardment for heroic intervention
>>
>>93437082
The construct tree will be a 1/1 because it counts itself.
If you somehow make it a 0/0 (or a whatever/0) it will die to state based actions before anyone gets priority to activate abilities.
>>
>>93437102
fuck yes, i forgot about regenerate. Thanks for second Heroic, anything else you like?
also, regenerate works on the stack until it would be detroyed, or until end of turn?
>>
>>93437117
also, say someone wipes, i Wrap in Vigor, and then someone Terminates my commander.
Does my commander survive?
>>
File: uds-93-mark-of-fury.jpg (303 KB, 672x936)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
>TQ
God, I love pulling those old cards most zoomzooms never seem and get their meta brain all fried
>>
File: 1697422648769086.png (108 KB, 265x370)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>93437102
*blocks your path*
>>
>>93437165
Yeah yeah, no single card does everything.
But stopping some of the wipe effects is better than losing to all of them.
>>
File: inv-54-empress-galina.jpg (141 KB, 488x680)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>93437161
the old fucking frames man, i love them.
i like the blue one alot too
>>
>>93437128
Regenerate is a one-time shield. If someone plays a murder, you play wrap in vigor, and then they play another murder, your commander will die because their regenerate-shield is gone.
Terminate will just kill them outright. They can't be regenerated so the shield does nothing.

Having said that, "can't be regenerated" isn't a phrase you see often any more.
>>
>>93437165
>Draw one card for 5
Wow amazing
>>
File: nec-29-silkguard.jpg (112 KB, 488x680)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>93437165
In response I cast Silkguard!
>>
>>93437180
ah yes, i forgot that therminate actually forbids regenerate in the textbox. But i suppose if the scenario was
Wipe - Wrap in Vigor - Murder would still kill my commander, because Murder resolves first
>>
File: image (10).png (45 KB, 768x550)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
is House right?
>>
File: black regenerate.png (2.59 MB, 1347x936)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB PNG
>the only protection black gets is regenerate, and it's a deprecated keyword.........
need to protect my guys; i don't want them to DIE!!!!! (until i want it)
>>
>>93437281
Black has a lot of stuff that brings them back from the grave if they die too which I think is underrated
>>
>>93437271
What the fuck is this? Some WotC "How to play Magic" guide?
>>
>>93437281
the "protection" in black is actual recursion, or boomerangs like picrel. they dont need protection
>>
>>93437271
What is this
>>
>>93437305
>>93437319
Undying Malice, Undying Evil, etc are good for targeted 'protection', yeah. Reanimation is also a method of bringing stuff back, but it's usually single target, and you can't bring back tokens since they fizzle after hitting the grave.
Basically, I want to keep my rats, and zombie tokens alive.
>>
>>93437351
but thats not what they are for, they are cannon fodder for the meat grinder. Better put your token producing sow in overdrive
>>
File: mmq-15-crackdown (2).jpg (250 KB, 672x936)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>93435854
>tq
And not just because of le racism memes, but it's also a pretty good stax piece that's piss easy to break the symmetry of. Also nice art that makes the overall aesthetic very tasteful.
>>
>>93437281
Yo how did they get away with so many drawings of uncensored buttcheeks back in the day I would have been way too horny to play this as a teen
>>
>>93437401
please do not coom to nim ass
>>
Am I autistic for not running dual-sided cards because I don't want to bother unsleeving them?
>>
>>93437427
if chubby chasers exist, there must also be skinny dippers
>>
>>93435909
guess the commander
>>
File: zen-81-blood-tribute.jpg (232 KB, 672x936)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>93437401
because it is back when they used to use REAL heavy metal artists. wizard of barge does not count.
>>
>>93437454
I bought 2 copies of every werewolf that way I don't have to unsleeve them
You can just do that
>>
>>93436100
Nowadays I only run dorks if they serve another purpose. Like in my golgari deck for sac fodder or my elf typonicious deck
>>
>>93437271
[smirking] now you're thinking like a planeswalker
>>
>>93436570
>>93436600
>>93436603
What is a fun+good voltron deck? I never tried the archetype. My buddy runs Feather and Rog/Ardenn so preferably not those. Also bonus if it's 2 colors with cool art
>>
>>93437564
What does that even mean? Displaying signs of severe mental retardation?
>>
>>93437271
I hate reddit so much
>>
>>93437577
fr, i'd take that as an insult
>>
File: Timin-Rhoda-1.jpg (267 KB, 1710x900)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>93437576
These two. You can even pivot to control when need be, since your entire engine exists in the zone.
>>
File: file.jpg (170 KB, 672x936)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>93437576
He's past his prime and an untimely -1/-1 counter can really fuck you, but Skullbriar hits the board quick, gets big quick, and access to green means access to a bunch of ways to send your counters to the moon. I'm personally a fan of Zurgo but that's more wrath-tribal than classic Voltron. Elenda is a cool one that can pivot to go-wide at a moment's notice. Basically you want to look for something that's fast, resilient, rewards you for committing to hitting with it, and then load up on ways to facilitate that. Voltron is a very focused and very telegraphed strategy, but when it works it works extremely well.
>>
File: 1691607738043971.jpg (123 KB, 672x936)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
How are these supposed to be good? To me they just seem really bad
>If you draw them late you can't do anything with them
>Burns you just to use
>If you want the land untapped, it will either burn you, or burn your wallet
I can't see why I'd ever want these over something like Bountiful Promenade which just comes in untapped all the time for no drawback
>>
What are some good anti planeswalker tech for gruul decks?
>>
>>93437655
>>93437656
What about Killan ink duelist? I can literally kill a nigga with hatred t3
>>
>>93437576
If you can get over it being a UB card this thing is a house. You will never run out of cards and Benton is near impossible to kill if you still have mana. Green and white are superb protection for him and offer effective removal via exile and bite/fight spells. You naturally have the two most important keywords for voltron and card draw printed onto the card so you can focus on loading the deck with pumps, double strike, answers, and protection. You're in green meaning you can use something like crop rotation to find reliquary tower to keep your 19+ card hand after combat. Feeding people a crap ton of cards is dangerous, but swinging on weakest or most behind player without too many pumps early game will earn you some favor and load your hand. Later it doesn't matter since you'll just be killing them before they draw anything.

Again, try to overlook the art and flavor, this thing is a monster.
>>
>>93437725
you don't need to fetch a shockland every time
>>
>>93437733
Anyone can kill one dipshit with Hatred on turn 3, it's about killing the other two dipshits afterwards
>>
File: ef.png (8 KB, 718x93)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>93435909
Land count: 29
>>
File: chrome_IkulPHntbN.png (3 KB, 636x36)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>93435909
>>
>>93437576
Varchild
>>
>>93437737
My options are:
>The $2000 old lands
>Those lands that make you pay 2 life to make them untapped
>The lands that require controlling a basic land
>Lands that always come in tapped
>Basics
I can't think of any reason I would want to run them. I could just run more lands that give the colors I want which don't reduce my health for just using them.
>>
>>93437734
Man, some of the characters that got cards are weird.
>>
>>93437812
the loss of life is somewhat not applicable for a few instances. And the fixing in multicolor decks is very neat. if you fish out a Shock it can make a difference of doing something this turn vs doing nothing.
but in casual, yes you can mostly ignore these
>>
File: 1.84.png (13 KB, 384x455)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>93435909
>>
>>93436161
>never fixing
Almost all of green's 2 mana ramp fetches basic land types, not basic lands. Farseek, Three Visits, Nature's Lore, and into the north all get lands that could be duals, or even triomes for the first 3. Dorks get you ahead early so you can play your 2 mana ramp spells (or synergistic ramp with higher cmc). Generic, more expensive ramp really isn't worth it in green unless it synergizes with your gameplan.
>>
What's a good mono black commander? I'm tired of people pissing and whining when I play Tergrid or Vito.
>>
>>93437872
marrowgnawer (:
>>
File: 1700388493416325.jpg (156 KB, 672x936)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>93437845
But there's a lot of lands that already help fix you and come in untapped for free that don't require 1 life and don't do nothing if you draw them late in the game.
>>
>>93437884
don't run fetches in 2c. they're really only for 3+ color decks because your untapped selesnya land isn't tapping for your black or red source or whatever. lategame coming in tapped isn't as big of a deal since it's 7 vs 8 mana as opposed to getting your one pip of a color you need asap
>>
>>93437913
>don't run fetches in 2c
That's retarded
>>
>>93437884
these wont fix for your 3rd or 4th colour that you might need in that moment.
But as i said already, its not super necessary outside of 1v1 and cEDH
>>
How do I get people on MTGO to stop complaining when I run a Mana Crypt in a casual deck?
>>
>>93437872
play vito anyway and tell them to get over it
>>
>>93437976
you stop caring! I have proxied mana crypt in a few of my paper decks and i simply do not care
>>
>>93437931
i mean you can, it's just another dual land for like $10-$20, but if you're debating blowing the money on it then it's not nearly as useful for fixing as in higher color commanders
>>
>>93437976
Mana Crypt is not a casual card
>>
>>93437993
but muh heckin 2 card infinite combo!
>>
>>93438002
if sol ring is casual so is mana crypt
>>
>>93437998
But it still is useful for fixing. It's a second, third, fourth copy of your best fixing lands. Money or powerlevel are the only reasons not to run them
>>
opinions on BCW Prisms?
>>
>>93438031
example?
>>
>>93435906

This is my pet card that has travelled between every Zombie deck I make. It just does so much silly shit with zombies entering and dying all over the shop, and the odd wording leads to some excellent unexpected interactions - one is to not pay the upkeep but order the creation of the tokens before the upkeep trigger so everyone has a bunch of zombos enter and die if you want a stack of death triggers, but my favourite is Eldrazi Monument because not only does it give you an excess of bodies for the sacrifice, but the old wording of the card means the end step is a Destroy trigger so you end up with a just sarcastic number of 3/3 indestructible fliers.
>>
File: bcw prism.png (360 KB, 636x454)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
>>93438091
Deez
>>
>>93438031
The Prof seems to like them.
>>
>>93438190
idk i just use old tea tins half the time anyways
>>
Commander to feel like pic related?
>>
>>93438179
I'd love one but it's such a cool card and reasonably priced that I'd like a real one. A local lgs used to have one but at a retarded markup close to like 100 CAD iirc
>>
File: 81lnf-k3R3L.jpg (274 KB, 2000x2000)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>93438031
Eh, they're just horizontal Boulders. I'd have to buy one to see what the difference is. But the colors are cool, especially the marble looking ones. Wonder how much easier/harder they are to open/close.
>>
>>93437271
He's an old school player, probably tapped his creatures for mana, didn't play any spells and got mana burned
>>
>>93438261
>100 cad
average canadian prices
>>
File: mh1-214-soulherder.jpg (153 KB, 672x936)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>93438258
Jeskai Flicker with Wild Research
>>
All reserve list cards should be banned from all formats. "promise" never mentioned the cards remaining legal or usable.
>>
>>93438392
NO
my kookus..!
>>
File: 6303.jpg (217 KB, 672x936)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>93438392
Fuck off poorfaggot I paid the $60 for Deranged Hermit for Chatterfang and I deserve to use it
>>
>>93438420
I agree. Remove the reserved list. There's no actual reason for it to exist.
>>
>>93438430
I don't care if it exists, they should just make functionally identical versions and reprint those. That way they can't be sued.
>>
>>93438442
They couldn't be sued either way. Or I mean, you CAN sue, but it wouldn't make it to court at all.
>>
>>93438392
You will have to pry my Zirilan from my cold, dead hands, MaRo gimp.
>>
>>93437872
Play K'rrik and make them realize tergrid and vito aren't that bad to play against
>>
>>93438258
Am I supposed to know what that is?
>>
File: werewolf.jpg (93 KB, 736x942)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
NOOOOO MY PORTFOLIO
YOU CAN'T REPRINT THE RESERVED LIST
I'LL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: prismatic.jpg (1.42 MB, 4656x2619)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>93438357
They're slightly larger than boulders, overall. The matte ones open very smoothly but the gloss ones can be kind of a pain in the ass until you've worn down the connection a bit.

I ended up getting a few because they fit more snugly than boulders in the omnihive.
>>
>>93438448
It's not a matter if they can sue. If WotC started reprinting the reserved list, nobody would buy cards anymore.
One of the main reasons people buy packs is knowing that all the cards will retain their value. Nobody would have wanted to pull the LotR set if WotC was going to reprint The One Ring afterward.
There's a reason whenever a card becomes valuable WotC stops reprinting it.
>>
File: 1694871831610884.png (1.17 MB, 834x719)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
I haven't bought any but a friend bought a bunch of these from kakapopo and I'm jealous
>>
>>93438472
>suing a company that never made the promise over a non-binding article in a defunct magazine
lol
as if any fucking American company would be prevented from utilizing its own legally owned IP because of some fucking article in a dead magazine made by the FORMER owners of a company. Holds no water anyway since the RL was changed numerous times and no one sued. You can't then choose to sue 20 years later because there was a change you disliked. You will be asked why you waited nearly a quarter of a century.
>>
>>93438490
>fetchlands mass reprinted in mh2 and mh3
>still $10 minimum for even the weakest one, windswept heath
Asinine argument, reprinting does nothing to value when the secondary market and product phaseouts eventually make those reprints inaccessible until the next one. Mox Opal was $40 for an entire year after Double Masters came out and now it's climbed back up to $90 in the years since
>>
>>93438512
Tasteful
>>
Only gamegenic sideloaders for me, thanks.
>>
File: images.jpg (46 KB, 1000x1000)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
I got one of these because I think they look pretty.
>>
>>93437819
Apparently nobody on the design team really was that big a classic Who fan, though Gavin did watch a bunch of it anyway and picked characters that felt appropriate, as I understand.
>>
>>93437819
Using the Doctor Who cards made me watch the episodes the cards came from and I was so disappointed. Dinosaurs on a Spaceship and Flaming Tyrannosaurus are so badass in card form but in the show they were supreme jobbers.
At least The War Doctor is cool in both.
>>
>>93438594
I'm still upset we got no Sutekh card.
>>
File: 1714013164831061.jpg (77 KB, 484x676)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
How's she for an izzet commander? It's one of the guilds I've struggled to get into
>>
>>93438673
>combo piece in the command zone
Stop, only villains do that
>>
>>93438673
Utterly fucking busted bullshit that just wins with one card comboing with itself out of nowhere. Only commander I really really don't want to play against.
>>
>>93436685
tapped duals no mass boardwipes and a commander with cmc of 6+ should be good
>>
>>93438673
Strong, fun to use, but everyone will just assume you're going for a combo and either kill you asap or just not want to play with you.
>>
>>93437576
OG Volrath reaninator hybrid. Can one-shot somebody pitching Shadow of Mortality of Draco.
>>
>>93438673
It's not fun to play against
>>
>>93438673
Actual cEDH material. Infinite with a dozen cards in the command zone.
>>
File: 1696308112128436.jpg (105 KB, 488x680)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>93438737
>>93438714
>>93438680
>>93438677
Would the otter be a bit more casual?
>>
>>93438490
I forgot that magic cards are an asset that has no inherent use or value and said value is solely determined by investor confidence.
They should really get around to fixing that, maybe invent some sort of game you can use them in where certain cards are better and therefore more desirable than others.
>>
>>93438490
This is such a retarded argument that ignores the existence of every other card game. Pokemon and Yugioh reprint shit constantly and they do fine.
>>
File: Image.png (131 KB, 265x370)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
How do I build him WITHOUT playing voltron
>>
>>93438892
clones and roll the dice
>>
>>93438892
dimir goodstuff?
>>
>>93438892
Build him with infect
>>
>>93438677
>>93438680
>>93438714
>>93438714
What's the combo?
>>
File: file.jpg (241 KB, 672x936)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>93438993
Cast a two spells with Stella in play. In response to the second, cast Reiterate or any of the other spell doublers. Use Stella to copy Reiterate. The copy of Reiterate copies the original Reiterate. Repeat for infinite storm/magecraft and kill at your leisure.
>>
>>93435854
>TQ
Exquisite Blood. For obvious reasons.
>>
>>93438781
Yeah, lots of fun. Bloomburrow had a great izzet subtheme of prowess and instants/sorceries leading into big combat swings. Will play a little slower but is way more fun and WAY more proactive than just turtling and collecting combo pieces.
>>
What colors would your waifu be?
Mine's esper.
>>
>>93439008
copies don't add to storm count
>>
>>93439045
yeah I realized that after I hit enter but I'm not going to delete it because replies calling me a dumbass still bump the thread
>>
>>93439049
it's okay I thought for some reason breya's ability counted as commander damage once
>>
File: card for thread.jpg (106 KB, 488x680)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>93439043
Probably Azorious

Starting to whittle down my Mono Blue Urza deck now. I really liked the Esper one but I feel myself having a little trouble getting going at times and it tends to draw some table-wide attention that I struggle to answer.
Should I use Leonardo to make tokens of some of my more expensive artifacts while looting, or just drop him? It seems cool and I pulled one, but I'm not married to the idea.
>>
>Old Obeka player bitches me out for killing him first
Well maybe if your turns didn't take 2 fucking hours I wouldn't target you.
>>
>>93439059
God. I'm genuinely fearful for the day that the RC decides commander damage is any damage that has a commander as a source. It'd clear up a lot of noob traps but it'd be complete ass
>>
>>93437733
I played Killian once. I've never had an easier game.
>>
>>93439043
Orzhov
>>
>>93439043
Mardu. Alesha Who Smiles at Death usually comes to mind. Mind you, she is just Red, but you said waifu, not commander. Plus, her activated ability requires Mardu-supported mana. Mardu Warriors in Pioneer is fun, though they're not entirely strong.
>>
>>93439043
>tfw I cant decide

A few months ago I’d say grixis, last month simic, but I’m coming around to jeskai and gruul.
>>
You DO have a Sheldor deck, right?
>>
File: 1399671805558.jpg (27 KB, 196x218)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>93439123
>her
>>
>>93439162
>(You)
>>
>>93438892
Theft deck all about casting stuff you don't own
>>
>>93438993
Copy any instant or sorcery that untaps her, like Dramatic Reversal, an extra combat spell, or a Threaten-like spell. After the copy resolves but before the original resolves, copy it again. Depending on what the spell was, you can sometimes add infinite mana or draw your deck, but at the very least you'll have an infinite storm count.
>>
>>93439229
That makes sense, I saw things like twiddle and cerulean wisps. Not my jam personally, but seems fineish, assuming you have the mana and cards to get the chain up and going.
>>
>>93439043
Probably Rakdos. Maybe an argument for Grixis based on Strixhaven making blue part of the artistic pair.
>>
>>93439123
Exquisite bait
>>
>>93439043
Bant, I guess. She's all about the protect and serve.
>>
>>93439043
Naya
>>
>>93439043
Mine's already confirmed as grixis.
>>
>>93439303
Ugin get off /edhg/
>>
>>93439043
My waifu is already monowhite. It's a shame what they did to her bros...
>>
>>93439043
Depends, her story is about averting a predetermined fate and disaster. Red, maybe blue?
>>
File: 1721933240483169.jpg (93 KB, 500x696)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (146 KB, 744x1039)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>93439043
I made a custom card for my crush a couple years ago. Still think this is better design than most of what wizards is doing these days
>>
File: 1609807288027.jpg (27 KB, 474x391)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
I just took my red and artifacts from my (proxied) cube, jammed them together, and now I'm going to roll with that to my commander game tomorrow. It has no carddraw, and the curve averages at about 6. Yes, it is a wildfire "deck."
>>
>>93439319
She's better off that way, anon. In this distorted, toxic world we live in ...She was meant to be the Mother of Machines.
>>
File: 1696039804086270.jpg (49 KB, 480x480)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>93439392
>>
File: pele.jpg (6 KB, 250x243)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>93439392
>>
Anyone have a good list for her?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (37 KB, 600x687)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>93439043
My waifu would be BLACKED of course.
>>
File: blini.png (27 KB, 128x128)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>93439392
I'm mildly fascinated by this, it's astonishing.
>>
>>93439424
Oh wow cool a group hug commander!
>>
File: IMG_20240723_120546.jpg (48 KB, 276x189)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>93439392
>>
>>93439384
Blue is the most anti-fate colour.
>>
>>93439390
roblox collab when?
>>
>>93439420
Huh. This bitch goes nuts with Humility...
>>
>>93439392
Make it 1G, and 4 damage/1 life and I'd play this
>>
>>93439406
>tfw I will never get to flay the flesh from the imperfect with my beautiful porcelain waifu
>i will never get her blood stains on my collar and lips as she passionately pulls me into her
>we will never hold hands while we watch the suns set on new phyrexia
>>
>>93439043
Her personality is 100% mono white, but what she does makes her lean azorius

she could be either
>>
>>93439456
Anon think real hard about that one for a second.
>>
File: F9ySkH6a0AA9qY6.jpg (434 KB, 1536x2048)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
>>93439043
My body belongs to Jund cock
>>
>>93439390
Please don't ever post this again
>>
File: 1712673340328929.gif (1.43 MB, 200x200)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB GIF
>>93439392
>target player with the most life
>>
>>93439392
>with the most life
You mean highest life total right?
>>
File: Image.jpg (30 KB, 223x310)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
My instincts are telling me 5 mana is too much for this effect but the fat cat tits are calling my name...
>>
>>93439548
That's the same thing!!!!
>>
>>93439633
Lots of rocks and removal and you're good to go. It's pretty much asking to be a removal tribal commander with some built in shitty wincon
>>
>>93439646
lol
i'll run her with vorpal sword or something, that'll work
>>
>>93439633
miaou
>>
>>93439633
I'm glad to see that there are still men of culture here on this board
>>
File: elugetheshorelesssea.jpg (44 KB, 265x370)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>offspring precon
>eluge
>maha
>inkeeper class
>mockingbird
>echoing assault
What are you guys planning on picking up from Bloomburrow?
>>
>>93439633
>>93439701
I hope one day we get a tribal set with cats in black. Feels like it has enough precedent and flavor to not seem unusual while still being a twist on how Magic usually handles them.
>>
>>93439633
What cards have the best tits? Asking for a friend
>>
>>93439633
Yeah it's hot garbage
>>
File: SphinxAmbassador__30258.jpg (580 KB, 919x1280)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
>>93439760
behold
>>
>>93439740
Eluge and cards for Eluge
Also glarb and the group hug precon
>>
>>93439771
Hell yeah fishfren
>>
>>93439779
Fish 4 ever
>>
File: 20240726_011546.jpg (3.16 MB, 4000x3000)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB JPG
Rate my decks /EDHG/
>>
Does anyone have that drawfriend's picture of Urza's head blasting off and saying "Fuck Mishra/Yawg, Fuck WOTC, and fuck (you)"
I had it but my harddrive died and I wanted to make it into a playmat.
>>
>>93439805
Based but new
>>
>>93439760
Honestly, I think it's this.
>>
>>93439831
back when magic was respectable
>>
>>93439831
I don't like this art. Her body lacks definition and detail, making her look like a lump of flesh/fat
>>
>>93439805
Ser Timothy of Clan Bigguns
>>
File: gyome.jpg (101 KB, 488x680)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
Who is a good FOOD commander
>>
File: coomercube.png (1.46 MB, 1570x377)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>93439760
I should have completed this cube.
>>
>>93439873
unironically the hobbits precon commanders.
>>
>>93439843
You may be surprised to read that most people are lumps of flesh and fat.
>>
>>93439740
Animated Army and Squirrel precons
Play Booster Box + Collector Box when I get my wagie funds
>>
>>93439760
>>
>>93439805
Post your shilgengar list I need to tune mine a bit. Heliod too I might scrap tamesh
>>
>>93439882
No anon, that's you, because you never work out.
>>
>>93439873
Ygra seems interesting. Lets you combine food payoff with typical golgari creature death and sac payoff. Incidental buffing can't hurt either.
>>
>>93439973
Is there any card that's like 'all foods do x' or 'become x' or something like that?
>>
File: 1710338430616906.jpg (245 KB, 680x1434)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
I lost friends that day
>>
>>93439988
https://deckbox.org/mtg/Hazel%E2%80%99s%20Brewmaster
>>
>>93439988
>>
>going through cards for blue Urza
>decide to include Forensic Gadgeteer because I pulled one and it basically doubles my artifact casts
>look at her second ability
>goes infinite with Basalt Monolith in a 2 card combo
welp, I have infinite mana in here now
>>
File: image-58.png (1.26 MB, 1080x1139)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>Izzet player with 4 cards sitting in Foretell at my table
>>
>>93440030
There's even a bunch of proxies for common tokens that turns them into dinosaurs for this effect.
Sounds cool but the art is all AI shit.
>>
>>93440133
>babby blue player discovers his first infinite mana
>>
>>93440133
You must be new to the game.
>>
Marwyn and Staff of domination
Draw my deck, cast Craterhoof, smash my elves
Simple as
>>
>>93435854
The worst thing that ever happened to Commander was it becoming "Official"
>>
File: card for thread.jpg (141 KB, 488x680)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>93440267
funnily enough, I've just never built for any combo that's ever gone infinite before. It's kinda embarrassing to admit I've been playing since OG Mirrodin and this is among the first times I've stumbled into an infinite. The only other time I can recall offhand was this janky thing I drew into with KCI, Prince of Kroog, Worldwalker Helm, and Simulacrum Synthesizer.
>>93440242
Now just to figure out what to do with it. I still have no idea how monoblue wins, in high school my method of winning in 60 card was just making a Platinum Angel basically impossible to remove for my friends and our meager collections at the time.

Unrelated, but is 38 lands too many for a mono-color deck? I'm going with 29 Islands and 9 Nonbasics. I intend to use Winter Orb, Winter Moon, and Harbinger of the Seas. Gives me an excuse to break out the one Beta Island I've been sitting on for god knows how long.
>>
>>93440312
post the nonbasics if you're gonna ask that kind of question
>>
>>93440319
Oh right uh
>Seat of the Synod
>Darksteel Citadel
>Rivendell
>Urza's Saga
>Reliquary Tower
>Otawara, Soaring City
>Inventors' Fair
>Fomori Vault
>Academy Ruins
>>
>>93440334
>meta
>meta
>garbage
>meta
>garbage
>meta
>garbage
>garbage
>meta
wow
>>
>>93440312
>Beta Island
post?
>>
File: cards for thread-min.png (6.24 MB, 3024x4032)
6.24 MB
6.24 MB PNG
>>93440347
had to compress the image, but here's some of the islands going into the deck
got an old 7th edition foil and a foil one from Onslaught. Also got the Bob Ross ones as a gift from a friend I think.
>>93440344
I'd hardly call Rivendell garbage, let alone Reliquary Tower and Fomori Vault.
>>
>>93440364
>that last island
what the fuck did you do to it
>>
>>93440364
>That absolutely steamrolled island
S O U L
O
U
L
>>
I love this absolute unit. Didn't anticipate he'd be so fun
>>
File: my fucking eyes.png (2.36 MB, 1369x921)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB PNG
>>93440364
>>
>>93440364
>that fucked up foil island
S O U L
>>
>>93440364
>hol' up lemme hit my island with a fucking belt sander
>>
>>93440364
>scraped off art
>foil through the patches
>those fucking creases
>dented in corners
people are gonna make fun of you but that card was loved
>>
>>93440406
Loved in a S&M club?
>>
>>93440390
>>93440397
>>93440406
>encouraging others not to take care of their shit
>>
>>93440364
i seriously want to know how people react to that when you play it at your lgs
>>
>>93440411
>lacking soul
>>
>>93440426
>treating your stuff bad is SOVL
>>
>>93440431
yes
>>
>>93440364
>>93440394
>running over your island before you play
>>
>>93440375
>>93440394
>>93440399
>>93440406
>>93440455
Been like that for as long as I can remember, and I've had it since I was a kid
>>93440390
>>93440397
based
>>93440418
once I run this deck there, I'll report back

Gotta make about 50 more cuts, have no idea what I'm doing but focusing as best I can on combat winning with Karnstructs.
>>
Do we hate these?
>>
>>93440491
Yes they suck ass. They should be {1} instead of the hybrid cost and they would be playable
>>
>>93440483
>50 cuts
post list
>>
>>93440518
https://www.archidekt.com/decks/8532878/blurza

Going for mono blue Urza obviously, want to try to win in combat with Karnstructs. Make tokens, etc. There was an anon I was gonna discuss it with more in depth who posted his list the other day, but it's quite hard to pick out an anon among anons.
>>
>>93440491
Not the preferred lands, but usable until just below competitive playing.
Autists and spikes will angry reply, but any land that makes two or more colors and enters untapped is playable. The filter lands and the OG filters are great budget choices for decks.
>>
>>93440525
immediate thoughts are cutting Jace Reawakened, Fading Hope, Insidious Will, Tidespout Tyrant, Akroma's Memorial, Lorien Revealed, Winter Moon, Loyal Inventor, Archaeomancer, and Deadeye Navigator
>>
>>93440546
>nothing but shit takes
>>
>>93440604
>defending fotm jace bad counters shitty overpriced combat monument flickershit and UBtrash
>>
>>93440616
>an artifact is expensive
>in an artifact deck
>with a mana generator in the command zone
anon are you okay?
>>
>>93440525
Court of Vantress doesn't do anything here
>>
>>93440683
It helps me scry you dumb nigger
>>
>>93440755
that...
what
>>
>>93440546
I can see about Jace, and maybe Inventor and Archeaomancer, but I'm not 100% sold on removing the others. Tidespout goes infinite (i think) with Urza and some 0 cost artifacts, or is Hullbreaker Horror better for that since it does very similar things?
>>93440683
I was hoping to use it for both more draw and copying Simulacrum Synthesizer or any of my other key pieces. Though at that point I could run a spell that does it and not have the variance/dependency on people not attacking me.
>>
>>93440787
Nice ellipses faggot, when you stop pretending life is an anime come back to the convo.
>>
>>93439740
Nothing I really want but I won a free prerelease entry at my LGS so I'm just hoping to open some expensive stuff to sell. A sword of ice & fire would be neat though.
>>
>>93440344
>Fomori Vault
>garbage
That card is insanely strong what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: journal.jpg (29 KB, 448x419)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
How does Foundations look for enthusiastic goblin deck builders?
>>
any notable mono-red cards released in the last six months that trigger of other creatures' ETB? looking to upgrade my norin deck.
>>
File: 1713625350171092.jpg (601 KB, 2048x1536)
601 KB
601 KB JPG
The mailman brought me 5 new foil toys.
>>
>>93441021
>Mites
Post deck, Mites are kino
>>
>>93441034
https://archidekt.com/decks/8488125/copy_of_corrupted_influence_precon
Uhh.. I never built a deck before. I used a precon and replaced like 30 cards. It hasn't arrived yet, card keep trickling in.
No idea if it's even gonna work or be any good but I chose the cards that seemed fun. I specifically tried to take all proliferate out and make as much token nonsense as possible.
>>
File: onc-62-court-of-grace.png (1.32 MB, 745x1040)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
Need some help, first of all pic related. Decent for an angels deck? Ive never had any experience with Monarch so Im wondering if the pay up is enough, sure I would play it when I have a couple of angels to protect me but still curious how the dynamic around Monarch affects a pod.

Second and this is more of a ruling/timing question, Faldorn does her trigger happen when you cast something aka cascade so the wolf comes first of is it one the spell resolves that she summons the wolf?
>>
File: 1710074097167174.png (499 KB, 548x467)
499 KB
499 KB PNG
>>93441034
I should probably use him as commander instead but I wanna try ixhel first. She seems fun
>>
File: lcc-284-rakdos-charm.jpg (93 KB, 488x680)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
post your ol' reliable
>>
File: 1694111999876406.png (136 KB, 265x370)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>93441086
>>
>>93440411
You're the kind of guy who stores his motorcycle in a trailer hitch on his way to bike week, aren't you?
>>
>>93440411
You're Jewish lol
>>
>>93441021
OG defense is objectively 100x nicer you have dogshit taste
>>
>>93441128
I'm a weeb. Cope
>>
>>93441143
You can be a weeb and still have good taste retarded zoomie!!!!@
>>
>>93441166
The card has 2 artworks. 1 is weeb, one isn't. Obviously I take weeb. l2p noob git gud
>>
>>93441171
Defense of the Heart has 5 arts.
>>
>>93441195
1 is weeb
>>
>>93441200
With white mythic artwork, sure.
>>
>>93441207
weeb is weeb
>>
>>93441171
>>93441200
You're not a real weeb anon. Anime is a costume to you so you can fit in. A real, genuine weeb, would recognize the art and design as dogshit and not run it cause it's offensive to any true anime enjoyer.
>>
>>93441213
Oh ofc not, I think japan is a shithole. I just love anime girls. They make my pp go WHOOOOOOOOM
>>
>>93441219
You're not even straight because AGAIN AS AN ACTUAL STRAIGHT MAN I CAN SEE THAT THESE ARE DOGSHIT TIER ANIME GIRLS. YOU HAVE NO POWERS OF DISCERNMENT YOU ARE AN AUTOMATON AND SHOULD BE PUT DOWN FOR THE THOUGHTLESS CUR YOU ARE
>>
>>93441219
You're a braindead slop consoomer that takes anything you get instead of wanting quality shit.
>>
File: 1696730471020752.png (361 KB, 429x442)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>>93441233
Anon, I posses a 600 dollar SEX MACHINE, BAD DRAGON toys worth 700 bucks and bodypillows worth 400 bucks. I never claimed to be straight. I only claimed to be a pervert.
>>
>>93439760
>>
>>93441052
Court of Grace is kind of a decent card in general. I've seen some games where someone powers it out turn 2 off of a Sol Ring and that player gets a near insurmountable lead by the time anyone else can kill court or maintain monarch.Angels are probably going to be a reasonable deck for it since many angels have flying and/or vigilance, which are the best keywords for taking and keeping monarch.
>>
>>93439760
What cards are the most penile? Asking for my boyfriend
>>
>>93439474
kek
>>
>>93440393
back when i got him and my deckbuilding sucked i thought he was more of a slow moving train of a value engine. But after a proper upgrade years later, i played him one time and he absolutely popped, got 8 sol ring copies and flew to the moon
>>
>>93439420
i thought she was a neat controll commander, until i realised you can snipe your own shit down for maximum value. not sure if i wanna build a spellslinger deck around Goblin tokesn around her
>>
>>93441715
>snipe opponents stuff
>draw a card and they lose a creature
>snipe your own stuff
>draw a card and you lose a creature
Does not seem like maximum value at all
>>
>>93441736
you cant really expect your opponents to have the fitting toughness around all the time, so what are you going to do then? try to buff your burn with her ability? this will probably only net you a few cards per any given boardstate with multiple creatures with different toughness around. i figure the best course for her are 1/1 token spam and then pinging them with stuff like pyrohemia. that way you can guarantee your going to get your card advantage and draw obscene amounts of cards in big bursts and dig for your wincon (which i dont have atm)
>>
>>93435909
All without lands. Guess the Commanders if you'd like, I'll give color hints

UW: 3.48
WB: 2.76
UR: 2.68
WRG: 4.19
URG: 1.80
R: 2.36
B and R: 3.00
WUBRG: 5.64
UR: 2.58
>>
>>93440491
Depends on the Deck (TM). I use them in three color decks to fix my pips, but if you have a ton of single mana stuff then they might burn you. Also I started right around Lorwyn/Shadowmoor so for me they have SOVL.
>>
>>93440491
I like them but autists dont
>>
>>93440502
if that was the case they would be hecking based
>>
>>93441052
Her trigger go on the stack.above the cascade spell and thus will resolve first. So, wolf will etb before the spell resolves.
>>
File: Screenshot (579).png (9 KB, 611x65)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>93435909
>>93436044
rookie numbers
>>
File: tsb-47-soul-collector.jpg (550 KB, 672x936)
550 KB
550 KB JPG
re: booba
>>
File: IMG_4461.jpg (257 KB, 672x936)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>93435854
>fav enchantment
I dont have to choose, I can get whatever I want... most of the time...
>>
>>93440491
Super good in 2c decks
>>
So are there more secret lair drops from the Inside the elevator superdrop that are not spoiled? So far 7 drops in this.
>>
Best mother of machines art?
>>
File: file.png (219 KB, 265x370)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
Just got back into mtg and played against this commander a couple of times. Literally no on else as the table except me was playing interaction so it basically won the game on the spot after the second cast. Next game I just won before it could be cast with deadeye navigator/peregrine drake combo. One guy was ridiculously salty about Etali, and perhaps even saltier when I won by using tutors and a combo. Etali seems ridiculous against most commander players who hate the idea of putting counters or removal in their deck
>>
>>93442526
He gets better the more battle cruiser your pod is and worse the more synergistic it is

7 mana to find a Talisman, a Llanowar Elves, a Blood Artist, and a Mystic Remora is never going to be as good as 7 mana to find The Great Henge, Elesh Norn Grand Cenobite, Nyxbloom Ancient, and Genesis Ultimatum
>>
Will the black food support this set put Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar on the map?
>>
File: broke ass.png (66 KB, 1289x435)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
WHAT THE FUCK is THIS SHIT!!!
>>
File: file.png (9 KB, 580x236)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>93435909
Avg. CMC: 1.67
Sweaty, but has to be under $100.
>>
>>93437271
I wish I could think like a planeswalker
>>
>>93442482
Ito
>>
I feel like I'm going crazy. Everyone around me is hyped for Bloomburrow in EDH, but there's absolutely fucking nothing in the set.
>>
>>93442961
They're printing a lot of good wizards so I'm happy
>>
>>93442961
Yup, they're furries dazzled by the art. This set is very low powered with next to no playable cards in it.
>>
>>93443003
Yeah there's a couple of decent cards in there but overall it's a low power set not only for commander but also for 60c formats. Which is only natural since we're just getting off from MH3 and going into a period where they expect a lot of new players.
>>
File: mouse.png (1.56 MB, 1169x592)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>93442961
im so disappointed, none of the legends seem intriguing to me they are either way too strong or total trash, im so mad the only mouse knight legend we got is total garbage
>>
>>93442961
I like the fish
I like 1 toughness bird
I like otter looter
I like the hungry cat
>>
>>93439156
>the guy who was constantly criticised for managing the format based on his extremely casual pod
>they made him the creature that attacks randomly

They had to know what they were doing right?

>surrounding myself with excellent people
>voltron commander
>>
>>93438470
I'm in the process of building him because I'm working on mono colored decks, what's the best way to play him? Cheat out huge shit, have some lifelink to offset the life loss? Must run cards?
>>
>>93443108
Also
Ya know
That was one of his favorite decks
Sheldont may have had his faults but his hands off approach to the format more than makes up for it
>>
>>93442961
I like one of the precons and maybe 5 cards in the main set. It's kind of underwhelming, but I think that might be due to how overwhelming and powerful MH3 and Thunder Junction were
>>
>>93443058
Im just glad my playgroup plays both hot garbage decks and high power decks
This set was basically made for us
>>
>>93443058
>way too strong
>press X to Doubt
Which ones? If they were strong I'd forgivr a lot of the shitty theming, but mechanically speaking a lot of commanders are an absolute mess.
>>
>>93440869
Man, Swordbro is a dick.
>>
>need like 60 cards
>every seller has like max 7-8 cards
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>93443128
Yes that's a very good point however unban biorythm you salty dead bitch
>>
>>93442961
The set looks fun, and I'm actually hyped to go to a prerelease tomorrow for the first time in 4 years, but it doesn't look like a set with a huge amount of good edh stuff. I've got 13 decks and there's less than 1 card a deck I want right now.
>>
>>93439717
Zoophilia isn't culture, it's mental illness.
>>
>>93438420
I played a squirrel meme deck 10 years ago and I bought a playset of this guy in foils and it today paid for quite many dual lands lmao
>>
why is it so hard to play your stupid ass game
either u get some shit pre cons or spend a month trying to get all the cards you need from different sellers
>>
>>93443194
>run want list through cardmarket shopping wizard
>it's just a bunch of cheap cards I need, shouldn't be anything crazy
>total card cost: 15€
>total shipping cost: 30€
>>
>>93443206
>unban biorhythm
Based
>>
>>93443238
I don't get why they ruined the shopping wizard. It used to show the price of that seller now you have to randomly add the whole thing to the cart to see the cards and prices. I love pressing the guy who has most cards I want and there is some random fucking card at 500+ euros because its graded when any other copy would be like 5 bucks and then I have to manually empty the cart to check out the next guy
>>
>>93443237
>buying cards all at once
>not shopping around till you find copies in person over the course of weeks/ months
>>
>>93443237
>months
Lol. It took me YEARS to build my deck, slowly one card at a time. Like ten years. At least 5 years to get my cardfu. It's part of the fun of the format.
>>
>>93443237
It's a format made by established players who already had thousands of cards in their collection that they could build decks out of.
Despite being marketed towards new players as the casual format, it is really not a format meant for new players because there's no reasonable way to build a brand new deck without a pre-established collection.

If you're brand new to magic, consider buying some of the older precons. They're bad on their own but will have a bunch of commander staples which you can put towards other decks over time. Older precons can drop as low as $20 and while most of the deck will be chaff, it gives you a wide variety of cards you can use that easily justifies the price. From there, find colours or a commander you actually like, put together the framework of a deck out of what you have, and then buy or proxy what few cards you still need.

EDH is a very proxy-friendly format, if you aren't proxying cards worth $50 or more. Don't be afraid to print a card out on printer paper or order them from MPC if you can't fully invest into the deck you want to play. I have several decks that are entirely proxied just for convenience and have never had issues playing them casually with friends or strangers.
>>
>>93443313
>Older precons can drop as low as $20
What do you mean by older? Pre-covid precons are rather hard/expensive to find, the most of the ones close to the $20 mark are some of the less popular ones from ZNR, KHM, SNC, VOW, etc and the "starter" commander decks from 2022-23.
>>
File: commander.png (1.19 MB, 1154x708)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
Which one do you guys more approve of?
>>
>>93443385
Both are fine, but wort is a legendary edhg meme.
>>
>>93443392
>legendary edhg meme.
qrd?
>>
>>93443237
you could just print the cards while you get them
>>
>>93443359
ZNR precons drop to rock bottom and I've also seen the starter commander decks drop that low.
>but they aren't good
If the original anon was complaining about building a GOOD deck instead of just building A deck, then he should look into proxying. I'm suggesting cheap precons as a way to get some bulk for his collection so he has cards he can use when he finds a commander he likes. The two ZNR starter decks are bad, but he'll have a lot of usable cards for all five colours that will make things a little less daunting when he does decide to build something.
He didn't seem interested in just buying and playing a precon out of the box.
>>
File: 38026-1532336922.jpg (39 KB, 640x360)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
We should have kitchen nightmares, but for edh decks. I'd love to yell at some combative morons and show them the true path to deck building.
>>
>>93443183
How are they a mess?
>>
>>93443512
It's a case by case basis, but outside of the mediocre storm prowess otter and cruelclaw it's like every commander has an extra couple of words on it that makes it worse than an existing card, low powered, or just weird to work with. I had a much longer post written up, but in the end it's just tremendously disappointing.
>>
>>93443440
My point was more along the lines that ZNR is hardly an "older" set even if it was 4 years ago
>>
>>93443601
Both the prowess legendaries are unreal cards not "mediocre"
>>
>>93442961
There's a good amount of in-the-99 niche cards for my decks. Like the 1 cmc frog that bounces every upkeep is great for my aeve mono g storm deck
>>
File: 1721580537719173.jpg (163 KB, 672x936)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>93442961
2-mana rhystic study with no option to pay the 1 seems pretty good. It gets better as your opponents' removal gets more efficient. If anyone tries to respond to it with vendetta, bolt, or slice, you get a draw.
>>
>>93443739
>If anyone tries to respond to it with vendetta, bolt, or slice, you get a draw.
Not if they drop it immediately, its only mana value less than the power, meaning a raw Pollywog only draws on 0 mana noncreature spells
>>
>>93443773
Aw fuck didn't realize it was "less than" not "less than or equal to"
>>
File: 1721441556811164.gif (3.89 MB, 287x270)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB GIF
>>93443645
Here we go again. The izzet one is much better than the monoblue but it suffers from the deck being pulled in too many directions at once. If you're going to be alpha striking with just the otter you could easily aetherflux instead for half the headache, and it only hits one player at a time. If you're playing a bunch of smaller creatures and hoping to hit your opponents, you either need to deal 120ish damage across multiple creatures, which works out to six creatures getting 20-ought prowess triggers/buffs each, which is a huge ask even of they're unblockable, or you need to combo out which the commander doesnt help with in the first place, which means your likely to run out of gas. And worst of all, all this depends heavily on the commander. Yes yes spirit of the format play whatever you want at a casual table, but it's nowhere near as great as it looks at a glance.
>>
>>93442961
The precons are incredibly solid as far as precons go. Good engines, good lands, all available at MSRP. That's worth something if your LGS does precon events like mine.
I'm primarily a Standardfag and this set looks pretty good there.
>>
>Mh3 everyone whines about power creep
>bloomburrow apparently everything is too low powered

There's just no pleasing you idiots
>>
>>93443835
>everyone is the same person
I never complain about high power cards unless they're outright broken, but that has only happened maybe a couple of times in the past decade.
>>
>want to buy uniform lands
>sellers have no more than one of a single basic
>>
>>93443121
He's a combo deck, with how fast he burns through life you'll never get a chance to swing a battle cruiser.
You want tutors out the ass, even the mediocre ones like final parting or Diabolic Tutor. Chainer Gary combo, aetherflux bolas, ooze asmodeus, vilis sheoldred. Get heartless summoning, feed the swarm and removal with only black pips, blood celebrant, necropotence, as much card draw as you can fit since krrik can be played as a storm commander, every ritual you can play, peer into the abyss, imps mischief, protection spells like malakir rebirth or supernatural stamina. Krrik is a boogeyman up there with kaalia so if you want something more casual rather than cedh go fast don't bother since anyone with half a brain will remove him the second they can resolve a removal spell.
>>
>>93443835
What are the MH3 heavy hitters? Also I think BBW is perfect for edh and limited, I don’t give a shit about other formats and the mental midgets within.
>>
How well do precons work for duel?
>>
File: IMG_1973.jpg (82 KB, 728x971)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>93443985
I seriously doubt limited is going to be good with all these multicoloured and expensive cards with no fixing or ramp. Every set in like the past few years is pray for a bomb or you might as well scoop right after cracking packs.
>>
>>93435906
It does so much work in my wilhelt deck. Each turn I get zombies, each end step I trade them for decayed zombies
>>
>>93443785
>if I write a lot I'm right
Nope! The mono blue one is better too. Your opinions on cards is really bad lol
>>
>>93444047
As expected. Go on, how does the otter win the game? What does the deck look like?
>>
>>93444066
Probably looks like your average prowess deck and wins the same way. It's funny you call the blue one worse and then all your complaints about the izzet one the monoU answers. You're bad at the game work on typing less and thinking more
>>
>>93444091
A "prowess deck" isnt a thing. It's just a storm deck with a wincon that needs to swing, and it's either nondeterministic or not. If the deck is nondeterministic you're going to have a bad time storming off multiple times over multiple turns. If it's deterministic, you can win the game without the otter. If it's neither and your hoping to build value and swing multiple times over multiple turns with multiple boys, you're going to have a bad time.
>>
>>93444066
The mono blue otter is an isochron scepter in the command zone you can use dramatic reversal or turnabout for infinite mana and prowess triggers and swing for lethal, or blue suns zenith forcing your opponents to draw their deck or draw your deck and thoracle.
>>
>>93444091
How does the blue otter generate 20 prowess triggers with 6 creatures? How does it make the izzet otter hit multiple opponents?
>>
>>93444140
Eh, I guess. I run dramatic reversal and it's good in the sense that it's card selection and a cheap enabler in the commandzone that digs for your wincon. But needing to cast spells to buff it before you combo off and needing to have the spell on the stack before you activate it makes me a bit nervous.
>>
File: 1694842761229313.jpg (146 KB, 672x936)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>93444140
>>93444191
>They printed this bitch AGAIN
>>
>>93444013
Shut up queermo lmao
Removal won MH3 limited play most of the time, that's the fun of sealed different sets can mean different strats
>>
File: 720_887.jpg (65 KB, 689x400)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>93443237
Anon for over an entire year the only EDH deck I had was Lord Windgrace while I bought Standard booster boxes for Shocklands and Checklands and slowly built new decks 1 card at a time
It's a pet project, pick 1 deck as your goal and slowly work towards it. Sure you can just keep ripping open precons and taking cards from it, but for me personally half the fun is collecting like it's a puzzle. The very first EDH deck I bought myself, Athreos, God of Passage, was $400 and I still have proxies in that thing. I've since moved on to other decks and I don't play it as much because it wasn't as satisfying just bulk buying the entire deck
>>
>>93444013
You haven't drafted in years anon
>>
File: 1651619648525.png (2.46 MB, 1200x900)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB PNG
>>93439760
>so stacked, her cousin has seething breast envy
>>
Izzet prowess is actually really good
>>
File: 1636522244668.jpg (28 KB, 327x400)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>93444013
>no fixing or ramp
>Three nonrare colorless cards color fix you
>Green has three cheap mana dorks with another one in Gruul
>Green has land ramp at common
Niggas will freak out about mana when every card in the set doesn't poop out a free treasure token on etb, huh?
>>
>>93444581
The person you are replying to has likely not played a game of magic in years and has definitely not been to a draft since well before covid.
>>
>>93442526
RG Etali is literally a cEDH deck, Anon.
>>
^retard^
>>
>>93440411
oy vey how will it be gem mint 10 now goyim?!?!
>>
>>93444675
It's true though lmao. Rg etali puts up decent numbers at events
>>
>>93442526
Wait what the fuck this card is Gruul? How? Phyrexian Pips don't count as colors do they??? I thought it was exclusively the green tree mana symbol that indicated green color identity
>>
>>93444723
muh tier list
>>
>>93444744
Huh? Actual tournament data has nothing to do with your memery
>>
>>93444751
muh actual tournament data
>>
>>93444768
It's sad I know that this guy is a proud larping right winger
>>
>>93444773
Swing and a miss bucko. Care to be wrong a third time?
>>
>>93444731
any colored pip thats not in reminder text contributes to color identity, anon
>>
>>93443981
Thanks anon, sounds fun
>>
>>93444632
List?
>>
File: 1722017286591444.gif (1.04 MB, 498x498)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB GIF
>opponents start gaslighting me as the threat and make alliances with each other
>>
>>93444848
wheel and deal next time bro
>>
>>93444848
Because you are dumb and act like a threat. I am consistently a threat but I don't telegraph it so I get left alone a lot
>>
>>93444853
>>93444867
>>93444848
Politics is how bad players cope. You should know what every deck is capable of when you sit down. I just get drunk and banter while playing like it's mtgo.
>>
>>93442526
>wahh this card is too stronggg
>anyways then i tutored my infinite and won
Riveting.
>>
>>93444848
>attack burn player
>"hurr durr I just lost 7 life after I dealt 25 to everyone, I'm gonna team up with the guy who has 5 dragons out and convince him to kill you"
>scoop because I was on 4 life anyways
>dragon guy kills burn player
>burn player goes "heh, my plan worked" without any hint of irony while scooping
>>
I am kind of sold on making a Rustein + Umori deck next, it looks super cheap but still fun to build
>>
File: snc-463-rumor-gatherer.jpg (194 KB, 672x936)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
Thoughts?
>>
>>93445165
>Just more card draw in W
What's to think about? W's only weakness has ever been lack of decent Legendary Creatures.
>>
>>93444908
Politics is part of any Free for All multiplayer game
>>
>>93444848
>interact with nerds, socially
Id also rather lose
Based
>>
If I use Ilharg to put Ball Lighting on the field I can returned it to hand before the sacrifice requiment is triggered, no?
>>
>>93444848
Lmao. Retarded Voltron player thinking setting up his 20 enchantments and equipments won't make him the main target.
>>
new

>>93445618
>>93445618
>>93445618
>>
>>93443238
cardmarket wizard is rigged, either by accident or on purpose. always check your wizard results of the bigger sellers and look if the others have listings. last time i went down from a 65€ order to 52€
>>
>>93443805
not at all. shit manabase, bad reprints. expect to replace at least 30 cards before they become good
>>
>>93445681
this guy looked at the group hug and said all of them were bad I'm laughing
>>
>>93445562
He made it too obvious. This is why you play hidden voltron, like using Orvar to create 10 copies of staff of titania and make him unlockable suddenly.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.