[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tze-kun-chin-archaon.jpg (157 KB, 800x531)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>Previously in the Mortal Realms:

>>93659737

Weathervane, edition

>Official AoS website:
https://www.ageofsigmar.com

>Downloads, Rules Errata and FAQs:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-downloads/

>Tools
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/
https://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

>Anvil of Apotheosis hero creator:
https://aosg.github.io/

>Booru:
https://ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

>Thread question:
Do you think you'll use Regiments of Renown?
>>
>TQ
Probably not. I have the maggotkin ror but I don't see myself playing any other chaos armies, maybe beasts of chaos but that's kind of dead, and the only army I really care for is my avengorii one.
>>
>>93674161
>TQ
No. Hargax's Pit-Beasts is the only one that interests me in the slightest, and it costs like a million points and does nothing.
>>
>TQ
Maybe the callis and toll one, I like the minis, rules are pretty nice and overall worth the points. I intend to get the minis anyway
>>
>>93673418
>Warcry is dead so I imagine so.
Where the fuck are you people getting this
>>
>TQ
I want to use the giant mercenaries but I can't fit them in lists due to higher points costs in 4th edition
>>
4th edition is boring
its just 3rd edition but worse
>>
>>93674431
Rulewriters should update the game to last three rounds.
I haven't seen or played a single game that lasted longer
>>
>>93674161
ushoran & mannfred seem like a straight upgrade to what I could spend with 700 points in my army.

yeah they won't benefit from my buffs but offer more scoring opportunity and fight last shenaigans with ushoran. I already collect the other two armies, I don't think I'd pick them up otherwise.

I don't think it's GW's intention that this is the way, but everything else is so damned expensive it is what it is.
>>
>>93674161
Nope, Elthwin's Thorns still uses an exclusively Kurnoth buffing hero
>>
he’s so fucking good
>>
>>93674702
The STD one with the Myrmidon is like that too. It's weird that they didn't consider giving those heroes different abilities to account for that.
>>
I like Phulgoth's but it seems kind of redundant with Gluttos and 10 twinsouls.
>>
>>93674708
That came out like 4 years ago
>>
Damn, this thread really is dead
>>
File: nighthaunt.jpg (659 KB, 840x1020)
659 KB
659 KB JPG
>>93676508
Arise!
>>
File: 12SayyiCg6xAHUgZ.png (678 KB, 1000x1000)
678 KB
678 KB PNG
Have you ever noticed how extremely dope this vexilloid Grimnir icon is?
>>
>>93676636
We're all waiting for the inevitable roadmap. Frankly the fact we don't already have a Stormcast/Skaven battletome launched is disconcerting.
>>
>>93676650
Did you forget how edition launches go? We didn’t have the SCE/KB tomes until Sept 11 for 3e.
>>
>>93676650
Its just going to be skaven and stormcast fall, mystery battletome early winter, two more books late winter etc.
>>
>>93676508
We're in the awkward phase between edition launch/battletome launch what do you want us to talk about
>>
>>93674161
>TQ
Fuck no allyfags need to kill themselves. I'm looking at you aetherwing faggots
>>
>>93676508
We’re in a chaos edition, so expect the playerbase to gradually shrink and be generally apathetic until 5e, the next death edition, is released and saves the game like 2e did
>>
>>93677003
skaven are only technically chaos, by all other accounts they count like a destruction edition.
>>
File: Thryx.jpg (417 KB, 1894x1343)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
>>93676644
>Two mohawks
Muh overcompensating?
>>93674161
>TT
Perhaps.
>>
>>93677003
Based noticer
>>
I don't understand the logic behind not giving points to manifestation lores. The fact that they come together in packs or 3 or 4 ? Great, it gives access to potentially more utility and strategy. But why not have them cost points ? That's how you'll balance them... And you could have a basic one that costs (next to) nothing so that everyone still has access to manifestations.

Unrelated but I'm still looking for battleplans and ptg rules if anyone minds to share
>>
>>93677003
>We’re in a chaos edition
That reminds me of a different thing. A little more than a year ago the C7 people said they were moving Soulbound into a "year of Chaos" as they developed new modes of play for Chaos PCs. Well, it's over a year later and there haven't been any Chaos come out of their studio. God do I hate the Irish and their false promises.
>>
>>93677124
It's a fun little list diversification, you pick a group of spells and use it. If you play with waacfags that cause issues that's your problem.
>>
>>93677003
That's a particularly schizo claim when there's only been four editions
>>
>>93677124
So you'd rather guarantee that certain spells never see use
>>
File: BySt2sg921du6vk2.png (1.62 MB, 1000x864)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
Which is more fun? 40k or AoS?
I can only do 1 for now. Don't want a big backlog. I was thinking Stormcast for AoS. Are they fun? Are they good? I never painted or played a tabletop wargame.
>>
>>93677259
Killteam
>>
>>93677124
>That's how you'll balance them
you balance them by making them the same power level brainlet.
>>
>>93677259
Of those two options, AoS. 4e is a bit controversial at the moment, but 10e 40k is basically just a hurtbox people can't leave from what I can tell. AoS would also be better for the backlog since armies tend to be smaller I think.
>>
>>93677282
killteam is dog ass as it is dude. Dont even joke about it. You got people that are willing to play the fucking mess that was 19 killteam rather than how it is now.
>>
>>93677368
If Killteam is dogass, then 40k is pulling nails for hours and AoS is feeling like you are gonna vommit but it never comes.
>>
>>93677401
Go back to your no game cave.
>>
File: 1723464346432849.png (168 KB, 540x447)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
>>93677354
>4e is a bit controversial at the moment
Why is that?

>>93677282
Maybe but no team really interests me.
In 40k I was interested in Blood Angels but after seeing the updates my interest dwindled.
>>
>>93676636
I was never really a fan of batwings on the head. I'd rather cut them off or replace them with demonic horns
>>
>>93677454
>>4e is a bit controversial at the moment
free terrain and endless spells, removal of allies outside of regiments of renown, aside from that its alright. I really love how easy it is to cite rules personally.
>>
>>93677464
Ok
>>
>>93677454
>Maybe but no team really interests me.
Sure

>>93677444
fuck off, I've played all 3 quite a bit recently.
>>
>let's keep responding to the obvious bait
>>
>>93677485
Which post is bait?
>>
>>93677495
>>93677495
>>
>>93677454
The simple answer to your question? It's a new edition. Shit changed, and we have yet to decide if more good changes were made than bad.
The one thing I will say is that people seem to really like spearhead, and if you're planning on starting small with a vanguard or combat patrol box and building from there then you absolutely want to play AoS over 40k since the Spearhead equivalent in 10e 40k is a half baked version of spearhead. Quite possibly literally as it did come out first.
>>
>>93677259
You shouldn't get into 40k just because its like 1k$ for a 2k army with no extra units.
>>
>>93674161
Going to be selling stuff and was hoping you guys could help me come up with a fair number.
1 corpse cart, 20 dire wolves, 40 deathrattle, 5 vargheist, 10 blood knights, 1 necromancer
>>
>>93677625
USD, btw
>>
>>93677625
That's basically two spearheads, 250 maybe.
>>
>>93677625
Depends on if they're assembled or painted and to what level of quality. I usually throw my painted stuff up for auction and get 1.5-2x MSRP for my old stuff and closer to 3x for my more recent paint jobs.
>>
>>93677259
2nd ed AoS and Warcry, the rest of mainline gw games are dogshit
>>
>>93677454
>BoC
>Sancrosanct
>Bonesplitterz
>Chaos Warcry Units

Kinda a shit start when you lose 3 armies worth of kits from the game.
>>
still flabbergasted at the darkoath ror that costs $80
>>
Do the spider riders come with solo small spiders or is it just the arachnarok that does?
>>
>>93677850
just the aracnarok
>>
>>93677795
>Bonesplitterz
>army worth of kits
>>
>>93677892
>Who are Fyreslayers
>>
>>93677892
It had enough to be it's own army for years
>>
>>93677805
That's why it's sitting on shelves
>>
Speaking of terrain, what are the dimensions of a loonshrine?
>>
File: 1724192507824.png (960 KB, 1342x1587)
960 KB
960 KB PNG
>>93677883
How big is the biggest small spider for the arachnarok
>>
>>93674406
Some youtuber probably
>>
>>93678061
Small, but not too small
>>
>>93674406
Valrak leaked into his diapey
>>
Tell me about /yourdudes/ anons. What is their mythology?
>>
>>93678189
No thank you
>>
>>93678189
Not!Chinese vampires that warp their bodies. Basically demonic cultivators.
>>
>>93678273
Where are they
>>
Hoping for some advice on how to deal with a regular at my FLGS's list. For some context I've been playing S2D, mixed arms type lists since 4th came out and I've had a generally solid level of success but there's one guy I just cannot beat. I don't necessarily want to list tailor but I can't figure out how to get around his list. His list (from him):

Disciples of Tzeentch - Arcanite Cabal - Lore of Change

Kairos Fateweaver
-6 Flamers
-3 Screamers
-Spawn

Tzaangor Shaman - Nexus of Fate, Nine Eyed Tome
-20 Tzaangors
-10 Tzaangors

Phulgoth's Shudderhood (the Nurgle RoR).

Lore of Change
Morbid Manifestations

Getting hit by Rend 3 Flamers or Tzaangors really sucks.
>>
>>93677259
age of sigmar is both more fun and much cheaper. might be a bit harder to find games for though depending on your local scene.

stormcast are good, they're an elite bruiser army with good armor that specializes in pinpoint application of high damage output units, big named heroes that pack a lot of power, durability, and damage, and a moderate amount of healing and ressurection. they can be played as slow blocks of infantry, fast cavalry, they have several monster heroes for the big heavy, long range archers, tons of support. you can also teleport half the army into battle. as far as overall competitiveness they are looking to be solid right now, probably the best internal balance between their units they've had in a long time.

the only thing they dont really have much of is disposable chaff units, they can be a little thin on the ground, and their overall total health is low so mortal damage (the type of damage from spells or poisoned weapons that ignore armor) can be a problem, but thats true of most elite armies.

they are easy to paint and cheap to collect, having many models available from starter sets and dual boxes. you can find them very cheap on sites like ebay or trolltrader.
>>
>>93678298
ghur seems to be the best place for them.
>>
>>93678189
My Kruleboyz look at order and see they rely on gold and such to function, so between a wee bit of his own greed and a cunning plan to destabilize them Swampboss Gazok is looting and pilfering every but if loot he can to hurt them there. He doesn't understand what an economy is, but he's damn sure he can merk it.

Meanwhile he's also grabbing up as much land as he can by terraforming it into swamps (the footprints of Mork, as they call them) for pretty much the same reason.
>>
>>93678328
The forces of destruction do seem to have their own economic system, but it's a barter one. And sometimes what you offer to the other party is varying levels of violence.
As an aside, I believe that the currency of a good chunk of the order parts of the realms is Aqua Ghyranis, which is water that's also a healing potion, so the swamp bit fits well to nick the economy too.
That being said, you're remiss if you don't have at least one boy who totally misses the point and just drinks copious amounts of water.
>>
>>93678306
I meant where is the photo
>>
>>93678328
>they rely on gold and such to function
>>
>>93678410
Fair enough. Though in my defense being able to trade and understanding the definition and concept of economy aren't exactly the same thing. But I probably went too goofy there.

>>93678460
It would vary depending on what seems to be valuable. He snatches relics and artifacts too because the other guys seem to want them, so ergo they must be important.
>>
>>93678523
Oh absolutely, Animals are capable of understanding a simple barter economy, but currency is surprisingly esoteric, given how the concept dates back to probably around ~2500 years ago.
And I disagree about you going too goofy, remember, I literally suggested having a dude that just totally misunderstands the entire concept and drinks a lot of water as a result.
>>
>>93678548
And I do like that idea. If I ever get around to making my miredrake counts-as-vulcha like I want to, I'll be sure to include him as one of the three dudes standing on the platform latched to its back: a killaboss, a swampcalla (probably the one drinking), and Gazok himself.
>>
>>93678415
You can't take a photo of what doesn't exist
>>
>>93678189
Sigmar found a fucked up magic sword laying around in Chamon and decided to reforge it. Except it only made it more fucked up, so he shoved it into a stormvault under Yisn. Which totally exists btw, no need to check, that stormvault is definitely down there. Keep sending us reinforcements to guard that Stormvault, who knows what'd happen if it got captured!
>>
>>93678919
Why would he do that
>>
>>93677712
In what world do you retards think your painting makes it more valuable. A painted lot should sell for less because I have to strip all the shit and clean it. You aren’t an artist. If I want to add more shit to my army am I going to call you to paint it? No. Fuck off, this really grinds my gears.
>>
>>93677259
Both games are pretty bad. 40k is worse. Also 40k has without a doubt the most hostile and competitive ( not in a good way ) player base in any tabletop game I’ve played. Im talking about people that enjoy bringing tournament net lists to casual Tuesday 40k night. AoS 4th isn’t a good game either, but the crowd isn’t made up of 90% hyper autistic metatards.
>>
>>93678948
See you are an actual hobbyist.
The painted army market is dominated by pump and dump tourney players chasing the meta. More money than sense.
>>
>>93678948
>>93678991
Stop jerking yourself off schizo, why would anyone list it for less than the untouched model when all of the work has been done already. (You) aren't an artist either
>>
>>93679008
> TWO (2) people couldn't POSSIBLY disagree with me!!!
> i-its one anon!!! ONE schizo anon!!!!
You sound extremely mentally stable anon. Good job. Keep it up.
>>
>>93679008
I literally told you, you brain damaged subhuman. If I want to add literally any unit it’s going to stand out because they weren’t painted by the same person. You painting your minis means more work for me, not less, hence it’s worth less than a clean unpainted lot.
>>
>>93678625
My Killaboss (Or rather "Finka boss", since he's dead kunnin) Just goes around stealing banners.
Also his vulcha may or may not be a gnashtoof that ate one too many tzaangors. Thing ended up killing a LOT of Tzaangors in path to glory before I upgraded him to vulcha.
>>
>>93679026
>>93679082
Lmao, I'm sure these two different people are just both equally unhinged
>>
>>93679099
>extremely unhinged
>given reason
>asks for reason again
>extremely unhinged
Why don’t you mix all your paints together and drink them you fucking retard
>>
>>93678948
Lol, lmao even. They're auctions, I don't set the prices, the market does. I understand you have a vested interest in secondhand minis being cheap but assembly and paint are added value features for those that don't want to do it themselves.
>>
And they’re value reducing features that mean more work for anyone who isn’t a soulless tourneyfag. But then again we are discussing the most corporate fantasy product on the market.
>>
>Warscroll
>Annihilators - 180 points - 3 models
>Warscroll
>Annihilators with Meteoric Grandhammers - 220 points - 3 models
>Separate Warscrolls
>Only difference is weapons (barely), abilities (barely), and 3+/2+ Save

Two. Separate. Warscrolls. On top of the 40+ (I think) that Stormcast already have. Why not just have it on the same Warscroll using the standard Annihilators with Hammer/Shield as the default and then have:

>Wargear Option: All models may replace their Meteoric Hammers with Meteoric Grandhammers for +40 points.

>[Ability] If the Annihilators are armed with Meteoric Grandhammers, in place of 'Brace For Impact', they instead have 'Force of a Falling Star'.

Have the characteristics and weapon stats on the same Warscroll. Why the fuck is this not a thing? Why are there so many fucking Warscrolls for the most minute of changes? 90% of this shit, and not even just Stormcast, could be reduced to a few pages/cards. Hell, for the 'Knight-[Insert Name]' it could be done like Horus Heresy's Centurion Consul choices, where you choose which one, add the points, and there aren't a bunch of different profiles each requiring their own datacard/datasheet/warscroll. You get a page or two explaining the extras they get for choosing whichever one. Done. Easy.
>>
>>93679256
>Why not just have it on the same Warscroll using the standard Annihilators with Hammer/Shield as the default and then have:

because everyone has shield annihilators from dominion, and shield annihilators are available very cheaply on the secondhand market, basically pennies on the dollar.

meanwhile, grandhammer annihilators are only available in a 3/$60 box that doesnt come in any value bundle boxes and arent available on almost any secondary markets, thus they must be a separate and better warscroll, so they are the only ones you take. shield annihilators have 1 better save but do somewhere on the order of 70% less damage and have a worse ability.
>>
>>93679309
Dumpass reason. Combine the Warscrolls.
>>
>>93679157
Why are you having such a meltdown about this, who gives a fuck what YOU think about unpainted vs painted models. An assembled, painted model regardless of quality is still a finished model that doesn't require you to do the work on it. It's completely reasonable to ask more money for it since it takes time to do all of that, and there's plenty of people who don't give a shit about the hobby side of things and just like the game itself who are more than willing to pay for someone else to get the annoying part done.
>>
>>93674406
underworld is not doing so hot and while there a new season coming for it cutting the current season early there a bit uncertainty of what going to happen in the future

this has somehow rolled all AOS side games to this fate with some random 4chan post who made a bunch of "my uncle work at GW" statements a while ago that made various contradictory statements in like the same sentences and despite it getting debunked people kept parroting it

Warcry not going anywhere it doing well, there going to be a mid season setting change in the eye of chotec if rumor are to be correct and a new season next summer
>>
>>93679094
Sounds like a just as planned moment.
>>
>>93679536
I have to question why anyone would play a GW product if they don’t like the hobby aspect. The games are pretty bad purely as games.
>>
This three year life cycle of a tabletop game shit has to stop
>>
>>93674161
Considering they haven't invented a KHO one, no, I don't think I will. Who knows maybe they'll put out non-shot RoR's when the battletomes come out.
>>
Okay how do you actually make these stupid fucks good? I don't see them dropping the price low enough to entice me, even at 80/10 I still don't know if I'd take em, and the skumdrekk build just seems like throwing so many points away to make a single squad of 6+ save grots do as much damage as unbuffed gutrippaz.

They need to take this warscroll back to the shop for a tune up
>>
anyone got the most recent flesh eater and gravelords battletome? want to read up on some death lore
>>
>>93680998
>every KB player has at least 20 of these
>make them shit because skumdrekk did well last edition in the worst army
I hate this overreactive balancing
>>
File: 1650926657392.png (589 KB, 1434x1284)
589 KB
589 KB PNG
For people who have assembled the new skaven, does the push-fit work as intended or do you have to cut the pegs and use glue to avoid unsightly gaps?
>>
>>93681261
>does the push-fit work as intended ?
No. I added plastic glue into the holes where pegs go, in addition to gluing it in traditional way
>>
man im not sure if I wanna see my army on the initial roadmap.
>>
>>93681286
You mean as lubricant? Issue I had with previous push fit kits is that they'd get stuck and then it was very hard to take them apart.
>>
>>93681291
I know what you mean. Some of the older push fit kits I dealt with had pegs longer the hole and had to be trimmed a bit
Haven't encountered this issue with pegs in skaventide set
>>
>>93681290
Yeah, I plan to start a Spiderfang army so GSG will make me panic buy
>>
>>
>>93679256
are you too autistic to handle a separate warscroll, it literally doesn't matter.
>>
>>93679309
Grandhammers suck right now. They're worse than shields, and shields are overcosted so that's saying something.
>>
>>93680998
The scroll is bad yeah, there's no getting around it. The whole index is bad imo, and making it rely on you charge my gutrippaz, I make you 2+ fight last, you take 30 MWs is npe design. They should have just removed the mortals, gave gutrippaz rend, made the monster profiles actually good, and priced the run and charge troll at like 100.
>>
File: blightkingbannerbearer.png (1.25 MB, 1160x534)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
changed it from a saturated green to a dark magenta and did a wash of carroburg crimson. I think it's passable. an suggestions for the sword and tactical rock?
>>
>>93681773
The while index isn't bad, it's definitely got play, it just took a 5-0 over the weekend.

It just has some internal balance problems
>>
I wish there was a city of sigmar builder video game
>>
>>93682061
The last AoS game flopped.
>>
>>93682061
I wish there was a city builder ruleset for CoS, instead of removing the concept of cities as subfactions
>>
File: a1tr4hzjt9b81.jpg (465 KB, 1540x2000)
465 KB
465 KB JPG
>>93682061
I know. It would be so cool to build the mortuary factory or the gloom gate for real.
>>
File: 1712203467095015.png (63 KB, 500x500)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
Bros I'm gonna have my first 2k 4e game
Is this a good rat list?
Tech rats (2000 points)

ARMY

Grand Alliance Chaos
Skaven
Warpcog Convocation
2000 Points Limit
Drops: 3

Spell Lore - Lore of Ruin
Manifestation Lore - Morbid Conjuration

Regiments
General's Regiment
Thanquol on Boneripper (360)
• General
Clanrats (160)
Stormfiends (520)
• Reinforced
• 2x Ratling Cannons and Clubbing Blows
• 2x Shock Gauntlets
• 2x Warpfire Launchers and Clubbing Blows
Regiment 1
Arch-Warlock (170)
Clanrats (160)
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Regiment 2
Warlock Engineer (150)
Warplock Jezzails (300)
• Reinforced

Faction Terrain
Gnawhole
>>
File: IMG_2037.jpg (239 KB, 1280x714)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
AHHHH, Will I need this many chain rasps now I’ve started to paint my huge amount of them? I’ll have about 100 of em
>>
>>93682099
They are cheap and provide solid value for the points, and nighthaunt can do a lot even with the less competent units, so yeah you could probably make a solid horde army. Hordes in general are strong right now as well with the advent of 3" combat range and removal of battleshock. Nighthaunt hordes also ignore the biggest horde killer "anti infantry " bonus rend, making them even better
>>
File: Dragon_Ogre_Shaggoths.jpg (340 KB, 1000x556)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
Most people in my LGS play SCE. How do I build an army of Dragon Ogres to fuck with them?
>>
>>93682127
Dragon ogres are getting squatted in under a year.

Don't. The only one you'll fuck with is yourself
>>
>>93682127
>>
>>93682098
im not the biggest expert on rats here, or the game, but you might want some more clan rats.
>>
>>93682130
Yeah, what will anon do when they're ILLEGAL in OFFICIAL TOURNAMENTS. I would just throw them away at that point, I don't think anyone would even buy something that'll be illegal
>>
>>93682045
so what it can win by gutripper cheesing until it runs into anything that gets off a fight last spell, its not fun to play against.
>>
>>93682098
its good if you cut the engineer for clanrats.
>>
Left spells and such blank for your own preferences.

Rat (2000 Points)

ARMY

Skaven
Claw-horde
2000 Points
Drops: 2

Regiments

General’s Regiment

Clawlord (120 Points)
• General

Clanrats (320 Points)
• Reinforced
Clanrats (160 Points)
Clanrats (160 Points)
Clanrats (160 Points)

Regiment 1

Clawlord (120 Points)

Clanrats (320 Points)
• Reinforced
Clanrats (320 Points)
• Reinforced
Clanrats (320 Points)
• Reinforced
>>
>>93682228
Can I get a legitimate Clanrat horde list?
>>
could use more rats.
>>
>>93682241
the legit version just has a grey seer and thanquol instead of claw lords.
>>
>>93678302
How is he getting 3 extra rend on 0 rend anti infantry flamers?
>>
File: darkoath.jpg (75 KB, 1000x574)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Snow Tribe army of renown or regular STD with Darkoath horde for a Darkoath army?

The Darkoath horde abillity only going off on a 3+ feels iffy.
>>
LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS
TO DEFEAT...
THE NIGHTHAUNT.
>>
>>93682362
gw made these? these actually look p good but the horses skll masks look like shit whe they paint them like that
>>
>>93682360
Nevermind. -sv has no cap so I guess you can use the -sv from kairos and the purp sun aura to stack I guess
>>
>>93682390
:LAUGHING: +upvote
reddit is so awesome dude, always makes me laugh
>>
>>93682391
The warlock witch guy looks cool. The rest look pretty ass. Modern GW has a problem with making these generic soulless designs.
>>
>>93682362
That's actually really really easy for a 'revive unit' type ability (other factions have it on a 5+, and you get to be 3" away).
I think the Darkoath roster is still too limited by just Darkoath models, even with the (very interesting) Snow Peak Oath abilities. You still need a proper damage dealer (like a unit of varanguard or knights) to really pack, or take, a punch, and the Snow Peak list keeps them out.
>>
>>93682045
If you have a flying monster the monster killing bows just fuck you over sideways with no counterplay
Have fun saving 2 flat 6d rend 3 attacks i guess
>>
>>93682391
It's made of metal, not bone
>>
>>93682401
DID THEY SEND ME (fags like (You))
WHEN I ASKED...
FOR CRIT(MORTAL)
> verification not required
>>
>>93682391
then they should either remove them, make them optional, or start painting them in a color other than runelord brass
>>
>>93682413
you say that like 2 attacks hitting and wounding and then getting through saves is somehow likely.
>>
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-downloads/#faction-packs-and-errata
Fresh errata dropped
>>
>>93682450
Where do I go to read what exactly changed
>>
>>93682467
App
>>
>>93682485
even in the app, how do you see them changes ?
>>
File: IMG_20240821_144334.jpg (336 KB, 1080x1820)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>93682640
>>
>>93682450
> Hexwraiths lose 1 Control
> that's it
LOL.
LMAO.
Ok. Great FAQ
>>
>>93682656
It's mostly a clean up of some dubious points and some abilities that had mistakes in them, it's not a balance patch. Like how the Scar Veteran on Aggradon ability didn't work RAW.
>>
>>93682450
> a few of Endless Spells got their move into combat abilities removed
> Hexwraiths lost the 2 Control they shouldn't have in the first place
Jesus what a joke.
>>
Wow, its nothing
>>
wonder when the first battlescroll is gonna drop. I wasn't playing at the start of 3rd, anyone knows how quickly it happened after launch ?
>>
>>93682767
December
>>
>>93682790
nah there has to be one in September at most
>>
>>93682809
3e's first was in December
>>
>>93682816
Didn't they had a faq that made balance changes before that?
>>
Is it worth swapping evocators for sequitors if it means getting the extra round 1 command point?

Evocators have one more wound and one more control each over Sequitors, they also have more attacks and crit mortals.
Sequitors cost 10 points less, have a fun ability to ignore weapon abilities but are otherwise massively overcosted standard Stormcast troops.
>>
>>93682408

I guess, but I'm used to Skaven which has it as an auto-succeed but from a command point, which I'd prefer.

Snow Tribe does let you have rend 2 on your units with some set-up, but it's true that it can't deal with stuff like the monster-cows, but not a lot of stuff really can.

Wounding on 2s against heroes and monsters is pretty neat, however.
>>
>>93682832
>Is it worth swapping evocators for sequitors
nah
>>
>>93682832
Depends on the role.
Sequitors sound much more defensive, particularly against cav which need their Charge +1 Damage to do work (and you ignore that), along with all the anti infantry shit.
If you want pure damage then yeah evocators all the way (a 10 point difference is nothing).
Real talk tho fuck that legends shit homie
>>
>>93682850
340 for 10 sequitors is so fucking bad dude.
>>
>>93682408
>>93682846

I did notice now, however, that like you said they get to be 3" away, that's pretty damn sweet. Might try that actually.
>>
>>93682846
It's more like that lack of high rend high damage (think rend 2 damage 3 varanguard or damage 2 knights). Also all the 'hits on 4s' stat lines are not good (you don't want to have to save the point for all out attack, and you lose eye of the gods to get +1 to hit forever).
Honestly you do you. I think by consciously focusing on Darkoath you are acknowledging that you are closed off from the best StD shit. So at that point just choose whatever you feel is most fun.
>>
>>93682829
An faq in August but it didn't touch points iirc, that was in December with the battlescroll
>>
>>93682859
Shit they are that expensive?
Lmao fuck sequitors then. Also you shouldn't make any list decision based on 'what about one free CP round one.'
>>
File: IMG_3898.jpg (2.64 MB, 4032x3024)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB JPG
>>93682674
so scar-vet adds 2 attacks now right? one from the rage token and other from the new flat buff?
>>
File: 1720829770868671.png (1.08 MB, 1313x1096)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>93682850

It ain't legends yet!
>>
>>93682903
No because the rage token only gives you an extra attack if you have it at the end of the previous turn. Previously the ability gave a rage token which had no effect in the middle of the turn. Being changed to also give a temporary +1 attack is a way to fix that.
>>
Can someone please clarify "passed over any models" abilities?

Does this mean that the unit doing the ability has to completely move to the other side of the unit it's using the ability on, or is it enough for it to have enough movement left to pass even a tiny bit over their base?
>>
>>93683339
>is it enough for it to have enough movement left to pass even a tiny bit over their base?
Yeah that's fine. It doesn't matter how much of your base passes over theirs, just that it happened.
>>
>>93683339
It says "any models". even if it passed over a single one it counts. yes you can just fky over an edge of the base
>>
>>93682170
I need a leader for regiment 2
>>
>>93683400
>>93683406

Much appreciated.
>>
File: 20240821_100346.jpg (1.58 MB, 3283x1655)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
Been working through my guys, all 40 skeletons are good enough. Got 20 direwolves and a couple other dudes to polish off but holy shit I'm gonna actually have a painted army.

Also due to some deals from local folks I wound up with a fec army too. And the garden of morr terrain box from yee olden days
>>
>>93682903
>>93682919

I see it like this - you activate alpha roar and get +1 attack for this turn and a token. At the end of the turn, if you fought, you get another token by the Primal rage ability.

On your next turn you have already two tokens, which means +2 attacks.
>>
>>93683410
Arch-Warlock (170)
- 20 x Clanrats (160)
- 20 x Clanrats (160)
- 6 x Stormfiends (520)

Thanquol on Boneripper (360)
[General]
- 6 x Warplock Jezzails (300)
- 1 x Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
- 20 x Plague Monks (140)
1990/2000pts
2 drops
something like that.
>>
>>93674161
what are the odds of umbraneth teasers at the reveal show coming up? though i feel like gw would probably wait until the middle of the edition to drop a new army
>>
>>93683757
Zero. Chorfs are more likely to come before Malerion considering all the teasers in the core book. And don’t expect anything for them at this upcoming reveal. That’s gonna be SCE, and some sidegame shit.
>>
>>93683769
chorfs are so lame though. i don't understand all the hype desu... dark elves were such a big faction in wfb and it sucks that we don't have a real equivalent (DoK doesnt count)
>>
>>93683757
zero, expect only stormcasts and a roadmap of the next tomes.

warcry teaser if we're lucky.
>>
>>93683787

Have you never worn a really, really big hat?
>>
>>93683787
chaos is cool
dwarfs are cool
guns are cool
>>
>>93683836
cooler than dark elves though??? i dont think so
>>
>>93683844
Yes, easily, dark elves are not chaos but lame edgy contrarians and they don't have guns.
>>
>>93683787
>we don't have a real equivalent (DoK doesnt count)
I really don't understand. Nearly every single kit from the old DE army has been carried over to AoS. They're split across two armies and their range has been substantially added to over the years. What do you mean there's no real equivalent? All of them are right there.
>>
>>93683874
they arent together, dok doesnt play anything like old de, and delfs in cos dont have any meaningful support other than not being completely nuked from the game
>>
>>93683874
Imagine for a moment if soulblight were a misbegotten subfaction without any of the new models and thrown inside the ossiarch tome that may or may not get removed at any new update like a number of other similar factions were.

would you feel like vampire counts would be in aos just because fec were a book?
>>
>>93683757
I don't see any indication they're in any hurry to put him in. I think when they do they'll add his 11 kits or whatever to DoK and give them a new name.
>>
>>93682061
I wish CoS weren't so fucking bland in the game. What little "sovl" (unironically) that AoS had, which wasn't much, has been ripped out and tossed aside for not only the CoS but all factions. I think Lizardmen got hit the worst. I'm talking about battle formations or whatever, by the way. The AoS detachments that are incredibly boring and far too "open," I guess would be the right word? In an effort to let players do whatever they want in terms of army composition (excepting the regiment system which, while interesting in theory, could have much more done with it), pretty much, the detachments seem to have so little thought put into them aside from +X" or +1 when X.

I think I'm just bitter about wasted opportunity and "streamlining" an already retard-proof game. You could be in a coma and play GW's two main games now.
>>
>>93684127
They're taking the "simplified" approach even to Middle Earth and Kill Team now, it was definitely a corporate directive that everyone needed to make their games dumber.
>>
Like we going more gun knight with Freeguild
>>
>>93684312
Is this supposed to be a leak of the new Warhammer+ models?
>>
>>93684312
Great another fucking warhammer+ model, I'm so fucking happy.
>>
>>93684312
It's the first time they did a model of something I'm vaguely interested in, but...meh. Not really an improvement on the existing Marshall IMO.
>>
>>93684290
GW makes board games now, basically. More like bored games. Just roll dice and then reroll those dice. Here's your army. You don't have to make choices anymore, just buy the Coolest™ unit of Citadel™ Miniatures© and assemble what's in the box. Wargear? No. You will not have to think about what to equip. Why would you want to do that? The Fuckbreaker of Furious Fuckening is what you want. It's a hammer. Why would you want to give [dude] a sword? It's a hammer. Fine. I guess if you want to give him a sword then go ahead. It's still a hammer in the game. Why would you want a different weapon profile? Just hit on a 3+ and shut the fuck up. Roll the fucking dice. Take this Special™1 Character™ and shut the fuck up. Reroll the dice. Smartphone tier video game mechanics. Seasons. Updates! Three year cycle before we make the Best Warhammer® Ever!

1 Mandatory one(1) Special™ Character™ per Army™. Here are more Special™ Characters™. I hope you like Heroes© in your Army™, they're 70% of its roster. You can't make them different, either. ONE LOADOUT. ROLL THE FUCKING DICE.
>>
>>93684312

wow I don't like either of them, until now the AoS ones were always pretty decent. Those new 40k ones also look like star wars and alien cosplayers.
>>
>>93684408
this garbage is complicated, expensive, and time consuming enough without having to figure out which 3 points hat is the best to satisfy your autism.
>>
>>93684434
that's not complicated or time consuming nor makes it any more expensive
>>
>>93678919
Sneaky.
>>
>>93678919
the fuck is Yisn?
>>
>>93684312
I cant really use any of this for vampire counts.
>>
>>93684312
>Unique model without rules
For what purpose, that's no relic envoy
>>
File: underrated mini.jpg (131 KB, 1198x1237)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
Most underrated AoS sculpt in your opinion?
>>
>>93684740
trolls shouldn't have hair
>>
>>93684740

Hedonites ate great with this one. Even the Twinsouls look good.
>>
>>93684752
trolls aren't greenskins
>>
>>93684766
yes, so like every other troll they should be bald
>>
>>93684753
Looks like detail hell
>>
>>93684434
It's strangely more complicated than the older editions that actually focused on versimilitude and were wargames, although not AoS since this game was created for the mentally challenged to spend their disability money on. Somehow, in spite of the Streamlining™ and how things must be Simplified™, the post 2016 releases of AoS and 40k have been pointlessly verbose and overcomplicated due to a multitude of factors, all while removing anything that would make them not only wargames but actually good games. WS vs WS (seems mandatory for a melee focused game) was taken away in favor of a basic X+ value no matter who fights who, but don't worry Once Per Battle you can use Character's Ability® to add +1 to their WS. Universal Special Rules removed and somewhat replaced with several dozen individually named Abilities® that each unit must have, even down to the chaff, which are basically a +1 or -1 to [stat]. Nevermind the fact that they're now named like a DotA-like's hero abilities. Passive. Jesus Christ. Oh, and let's not forget that "wounds" are now "health." Thank you, video games. Morale has been removed. Just removed. No real replacement. Maybe objective control? Eh. Who cares? Certainly, nothing in AoS (or 40k) would ever break and run. Can't think of any species that may do that. I guess we do have Wargear. It's one of three items you pick for a hero with one use. Very cool.

List building is shit, and as I said the regiment system is somewhat not the worst but is so bare and boring it may as well have been left out. Units don't even have to stick around one another, and the hero choice means nothing other than a restriction on what units could be taken. Points. Fuck. The lack of PPM is such a disappointment that it blows my mind. The excess of people that are happy it's gone and will defend it are equally mind-blowing. If I play a 2,000 point game I want to play a 2,000 point game. Not 1980. Not 1890. 2,000.
>>
File: what.png (592 KB, 728x826)
592 KB
592 KB PNG
>>93684776
>>93684752
Huh? Swamp trolls having hair isn't new
>>
>>93684805

Not bad to paint at all. They're like SCE and Custodes with gold being about 80% of the model.

Also it's Hedonites. Everything is detail hell.
>>
>>93684805
Blissbarbs were worse. Probably would’ve enjoyed painting mine if my dumb ass didn’t simultaneously paint Blissbarbs alongside them.
>>
>>93684826
is that an AoS model?
>>
>>93684862
Are YOU an AoS model?
>>
>>93684776
but river trolls always had hair on their models
>>
File: 01-01.jpg (51 KB, 920x920)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>93684860
Fuck me you're not joking

>>93684842
Thank god I'm playing Tzeentch. Daemons are piss easy to paint.
>>
>>93684805
I think that is the core difference between AoS designs and Warhammer Fantasy designs.
Fantasy was designed as a game first and project second, not to say hobbying wasn't a huge part of Fantasy but it was a wargame first and foremost.
AoS is project first and game second, it has decent rules but the models are designed to be detailed canvasses. It's a change in model designer philosophy.
>>
>>93684885
I like hobbying but there needs to be a balance
Painting 10 details on a 1w mook x10 is soulcrushing.
>>
>>93684860

I've procrastinated on my Barbs so much. I ended up buying a 40k model and painting it instead. Slickblades are kind of a pain to paint, but fun overall.

Also holy fuck I need the riders to stay on their mounts and the Archers to stop losing fucking arms every time I sneeze near them.
>>
File: 214aCJ31yIO3yfXC.jpg (234 KB, 1000x1176)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
I like them.
>>
>>93684885
> fantasy was game first
Lmao this is a fucking lie
>>
>>93684815
> screeching PPM autist
Maybe start you rant posts with that si the non retarded can immediately stop reading.
Also, have you considered using a trip so others can filter you?
>>
Are the mortals/goats in tzeentch any good? I only have the daemons and they seem decent enough to have a list with just daemons.
>>
>>93684885
>fantasy was designed as a game first
What crack you smokin?
Fantasy literally started out as a way to use Minis GW was already producing for D&D and shit. The only reason older minis are less detailed than newer ones is because of technological limitations.
>>
>>93684955
Unironically binning PPM in both their important game systems is one of the most consumer friendly things GW has done in recent years.
>>
>>93684937
Potion seller, I require your strongest potions
>>
I'm thankful they didn't lock any new skaven models behind WH+
>inb4 skaven store anniversary model announced
>>
>>93684937

I can see these becoming Necromunda kitbashes. Dude on the left is like 90% of the way there already.
>>
>>93684975
>>93684940
I don't mean 1-3e when I speak about Fantasy because even then GW didn't know what they wanted Fantasy to be
>>
>>93684992
that's a weird way to say gw hasn't done any customer friendly thing in years.
>>
>>93684740
Fact that Skumdrek's face plate fits perfectly on him is alos great for further customization
>>
>>93684937
I saw people shitposting on X about them and thought its a 40k model
>>
File: jY65VJWaD9oGWhHJ.jpg (191 KB, 1000x1144)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>93685062
These are the 40k models. For once the WH+ AoS models don't outright mog their 40k counterparts. For once both are good.
>>
>>93685107
This seems like a throwback to the old metal carapace armor inquisitor.
>>
>>93685107
Speaker Gimp is cool
>>
File: 1462412860496.jpg (40 KB, 400x402)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>93684842
>gold
>>
>>93684860
blissbarbs aren't even fun to assemble.
>>
>>93684958
tzaangors are borderline busted.
>>
>>93685155
God forbid you wanted to do subassemblies on them. Fuck, they had to be designed during GW’s peak monopose era.
>>
>>93685020
I'll be real, I saw them and first thought was "oh boy another forgeworld resin character"
>>
>>93685155

I had fun watching the fucking headdress plumes fall off because they're on the shoulder with a micron of plastic combining them.

>>93685182
Pretty much. You could swap the heads and guns and you have some new Hanger Ons or whatever they're called.
>>
>>93685175
Assembling them after myrmidesh was weird, like here's one kit you have to cut apart to do a headswap and one you can make 40 different variants out of without too much hassle.
>>
>>93685190
I'd be more tempted if I didn't have a gorillion CoS characters already. (No army just characters)
>>
>>93685155
Doing 30 of them was such a pain in the fucking ass.
>>
>>93684955
Why would I do that? I want the game to improve and even, dare I say, become a wargame. I have more, if you're interested.

>>93684992
How? By making everything free, it completely throws everything off in a crunch way. 40k definitely suffers for it, and I guess the only thing that can be said for it in AoS was that it was there from the beginning so at least it wasn't removed, I suppose. Absolute SHIT for any sort of hero conversion/kitbashing since what you get in the box is what you must take for the unit, or multiples of what's in the box. The lack of generic and customizable heroes also fucks it up too, though. Maybe I want to, let's say, make a Stormcast hero for /my dudes/. (I am aware of the Anvil of Apotheosis, but it is quite lame and half-assed too)

Ok, so I want my hero to be a mid-rank Stormcast officer. Basically a lieutenant or centurion type. We'll say he begins at 85 points default and he has the normal Stormcast armor, a shield, and a warblade. Okay. Now let's put him in the Annihilator armor. I don't remember what it's called. I want him to have the warblade and shield still. Let's say the armor upgrade is +20 points and gains whatever USR comes with it. Also, using the (improved) Regiment system, I want him to be the officer for two units of Vindictors and one unit of Vigilors. But, I'd also like him to, using the Regiment system add-on hero, have his own lesser banner bearer who, I guess, extends his Command Aura (or whatever) beyond 6" (to his Regiment) to 12", which gives some kind of meaningful buff or something to the units under his command. This is basically like an older edition IG Platoon.

I can't. Because one, it'd be a little bit too hard for the current, single-digit IQ players to comprehend, and because I can ONLY take a pre-made character created by GW, using GW's boring and simplistic rules. I can't really upgrade anything or give anyone a different weapon. Too long. More coming.
>>
>>93685107
I was realy confused why impire has a xenomorph, but apparently that's jsut a guy in a suit
>>
>>93685239
Most weapons are now just "[Trademark™ Weapon(s)]" which do absolutely nothing different from anything. Maybe a sword has -1 Rend. Maybe. Or, although I don't think so from memory, the option to hit multiple opponent models in an arc around the model like a greatsword wielded by a superhuman being might. There is nothing to the combat. Nothing. Everything has the same reach, everything has the same flat fighting ability. No comparison between a Stormcast and a Clanrat, for example. Just a flat X+ to hit no matter what. Unless an Ability™ is used. Maybe? In a game based around melee? Come on.
>>
>>93674161
I've finally got around to painting some clanrats
Any idea on what type of base I should do? I'm really stuck
>>
>>93685720
mud texture paint or just glue some sand
extra is rolling some epoxy sausages and spreading them on the bases at random for uneven surfaces
>>
>>93684312
If you had told me the guys on the left were 40k I would have believed you.
>>
File: Sylvaneth.jpg (1.47 MB, 1536x2048)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
Did Alarielle's ritual "kill" most of the undead that were popping up all over the realms or did it just stop more from showing up?
>>
>>93685986
You're a retard tbf
>>
>>93684730
Do you really want them to start locking warscrolls behind a subscription? Before some retard chimes in, I'm aware that you could just proxy the model, but the official way to run the guy would be to sub
>>
>>93685720
Something neutral like what tutorials show looks great and is fairly scalable once you've done a few. A common trap is to go for something complex that becomes a chore because it takes too long.
https://youtu.be/xXmvQS50Z8w?feature=shared
https://youtu.be/oizcY6B6mvU?si=kvLRxnIyY1noM5rD

Otherwise, you could go for something that suggests a rocky tunnel with shards or warpstone, or the dirty cobblestones of a sewer but the latter is going to be more complex. You could also paint your bases bright green and add black crackle paint on top like pic related. Finally, toxic swamp is another classic but it's a bit overdone.
>>
>>93684312
I just wish they used the WH+ models as an opportunity to do more interesting shit. It's not worth paying $60 for an alt sculpt
>>
>>93686006
no u
>>
>>93685720
Mud texture is fitting and really easy. Vallejo makes big containers of all of those pastes that are a much better deal than the GW ones
>>
>>93686003
It bascially dead stop the constant wave of death magic drowning the realms

Meaning the undead are juice up, nighthaunt not needing a prerequisite to invade the living and summoning forces in the millions from an inexperienced necromancer

Children of teclis novel mention how there some pockets of the realm where the necroquake is still generating death magic

There still undead romaing around and still causing problems and since the Necroquake nighthaunt are no longer chained to the location of their haunting
>>
>>93686038
Sure, legends exist. I just don't understand why they made a model so deviant from the basis
>>
The fact that WH+ even still exists is shocking to me, I can't believe it's making enough money to keep around. Who the fuck is paying for these subs?
>>
>>93682674
did they actually change the slann star masters points? he's got a * next to his profile but his points look the same
>>
Will soulblight never get werewolf units now that warriors of chaos are getting skin wolves.
>>
File: Vyrkos_Blood-born_M01.jpg (84 KB, 1000x1000)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>93686120
Vyrkos were never fullblown werewolves they're just kemonomimi. Even Radukar's "beast form" is just him with dog legs and bigger
>>
>>93686111
It's content that was otherwise free, by employees who do other things. They don't need much to justify things but I bet it's hundreds minimum just for the model
>>
>>93686111
I wonder how many people subbed for the first year and forgot to turn off auto-renew
>>
>>93682903
>>93682919
>>93683558

did the FAQ get rid of the once per battle (army) timing on the alpha roar? i dont see it in the updated version
>>
>>93686111
100k+
>>
>>93686055
All of these are tacky af
>>
Has enough time passed where I can do vampire coast without being called a secondary
>>
>>93686171
This isn’t the fantasy gen
>>
>>93686171
no
>>
>>93686171
You're tertiary
>>
>>93686171
If you 3d print total war files you're a giganigger. If you make something that actually looks good and is at least somewhat interesting no one will care
>>
I am the king of Age of Sigmar. My sea elves destroy all, I cannot be stopped.
>>
File: chalmers-simpsons.gif (1.26 MB, 498x354)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB GIF
>>93686478
>>
>>93686171
only if it is

1: done well. do a good job on the models, painted and based.

2: you arent spending your breath trying to shill the world that was and shit talk age of sigmar.

follow those 2 guidelines and you'll be fine. violate either of them and we will personally sear the word secondary into your flesh with a hot iron brand
>>
>>93686478
My only hope is that the rest of the armies get buffed so hard the one trick pony that is the playstyle of IDK doesn't require a hyper silver bullet list to deal with.
Otherwise the faction will remain the tedious slog to play against, it was in 3rd and still is
>>
>>93686171
For pirates you have leftovers of dark elves, IDK and Kharadron
If you want something different, try ogre pirates
>>
>>93686709
i dont think any of the data coming out suggests that deepkin are a problem at the moment.

the current standouts are nighthaunt, lumineth, and tzeentch.
>>
>>93686761
It's funny you mention that because I'm looking for pirates to pair against ogor pirates. I bounced back and forth on what to do with my ogors and settled on mercenaries/pirates
>>
>>93686812
i dont know if you are still looking for any models to supplement that but titan-forge over on myminifactory has a pretty good range of ogre pirates and conquistadors
>>
>>93686171
if you 3d print total war files you're gigabased. more words not needed
>>
>>93686796
I can understand the first two, but tzeentch?
With their current army and unit balancing, I can't see how it can play well.
Debuffs and tricks it definitely has, but ranged got worse melee units can't last longer than a turn
>>
File: Girth.jpg (19 KB, 893x713)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Tryin' to find that PDF scan of the FHB 2024-25 to supplement the one I already bought, those available anywhere?
>>
>>93686878
>>FHB
FGeneral's Handbook, of course.
>>
>>93686459
>>93686857
I'll take people printing models, ripped out of games with no cleanup, over faggots with armies consisting empty bases and proxies. Specifically the kind of faggots to copy netlists and brings these to tournaments to be obnoxious and squeel about every single fucking unit killed
>>
>>93686889
You'd be proxying 3d prints schizo, especially for an army that doesn't exist
>>
>>93686889
>this guy again
>>
>>93686873
yeah i dont know what exactly is going with tzeentch. could be kairos hard carrying? could be that the army is just very good at casting manifestations?

honest wargamer interviewed some event regular tzeentch player and apparently tzaangor spam is actually a thing?

im not sure. lumineth is cooked in a couple ways. the stone shit is just downright invincible, the wind and river shit is so mobile nobody else can keep with it and it basically auto wins on tactics, and the vanari shit automatically makes 80% of the game hit on 5s. lumineth is a real problem i think only hemmed in by the fact that nighthaunt is so dominant.
>>
>>93686478
IDKanon let's calm down. I don't think the tranny mods on Heywoah discord would appreciate knowing you post here.
>>
>>93686889
>I'd rather see an unfinished 3d printed proxy army than a boring official proxy army
>also waacfags
What did he mean by this
>>
>>93686873
horrors are hard to grind through while they kill you with flamers, tzaangors blobs are cheap and fast and do a ton of damage, and they can spam manifestations and spawn cheese.
There are other armies beating everyone, soulblight, std, ogres, trolls. Seraphon, cities, skaven, slaanesh can do very strong list. There are more armies that are good than bad atm.
>>
>>93687020
the one that most people agree seems to be consistently eating shit is ironjawz, and im gonna be honest im not sure it can be fixed on points. maybe they can but it would have to be quite a bit
>>
>>93686709
I don't think you have ever played them in 4th.
They don't have numbers and outside 2 units they die quick. They can't play the objective game and have to engage before turn 3 so you get to kill them before turn 3.
They are incredibly hard to play well and they get punished when they make mistakes. Unless you only play 160+ IQ IDK players (you don't) playing them is fine.
>>
File: 400px-Gork_And_Mork.jpg (67 KB, 400x290)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>93687020
How can everybody beat everybody
>>
>>93687020
What Soulblight list is doing well?
>>93687040
> just drop the points
Shit take that allows for horrible shot tier rules writing
>>
>>93686709
Deepkin are trapped until they get at least two more "regular" units, aka not heroes, characters or underworlds warbands. They have too little to play around with so the only way to spice them up is to make the subfactions basically just change what specific units are
>>
>>93687145
>Shit take that allows for horrible shot tier rules writing
wow, you managed to somehow get the exact opposite of the point i was making with my post. how? esl?
>>
>>93687145
Soulblight Gravelords

Belladamma Volga, First of the Vyrkos (230)
- 10 x Dire Wolves (140)
- 10 x Dire Wolves (140)
- 1 x Torgillius the Chamberlain (180)

Necromancer (140)
- 20 x Grave Guard (300)
- 10 x Dire Wolves (140)

Mannfred von Carstein, Mortarch of Night (410)
- 10 x Black Knights (320)

2000/2000pts
3 drops
Any variant based on bella, torg, wolves as the base. Nef, Prince, Blood Knights is doing ok as well.
>>
what exactly is wrong with ironjawz?

good saves, out of phase movement, cheap strikes first unit, monsters that provide some speed, ardboyz are a tough anvil, brutes have good damage and objective denial. at will deepstrike with hand of gork, access to +1 damage, 3d6 charge, and d6 heal prayers, cheap 2 cast wizards, combat characters that can actually fight.

im struggling to see where all the doom is coming from. is it just because the army hits on 4s? i guess gore gruntas are kinda pillow fisted
>>
File: Orruk_Warclans_01.jpg (847 KB, 1920x2609)
847 KB
847 KB JPG
>>93687372
Not enough friends
>>
File: 3e6.png (413 KB, 435x728)
413 KB
413 KB PNG
>>93687372

needs more big pig
>>
>>93687372
3+ saves are overrated, its only a 33% effective health increase vs rend 1, then they make your units expensive as fuck because you have it.
>>
Can you buy my sharks please I don't want them no more
>>
File: 20240718_141742.jpg (640 KB, 1445x1696)
640 KB
640 KB JPG
>>93678189
In order to cure the SCE curse, several unnamed sons of Dracothion resorted upon mixing stormcast and storm dragon souls in the reforge process... It didn't work as good as intended. And the new stormcasts emerged as (mortal) dragonborns, unable to be reforged.

Seeing these new dragonborns as an abomination, Sigmar exiled those dragons to the oblivion and left for dead most of the dragonborns.

Those dragonborns that survived, think that they must recover Sigmar's favour by being the exemplars they are expected to do... even when they are just mortals now.
>>
>>93684702
The name of the city, the eponymous City of Sigmar my dudes reside in.

>>93678937
If he reforged it and it didn't fuck up, he'd have got a sick new tool.
>>
are obr meta yet
>>
>>93687372
>i guess gore gruntas are kinda pillow fisted

actually gore gruntas have the best damage to points ratio of all the non monster units in ironjawz, though all the units are within about 5% of each other
>>
My brother and I decided to get into AoS with the Skaventide box, I'm currently assembling clanrats. I'm a super casual, I've been painting for a few years now and only been able to play one actual tabletop game.

Are the armies balanced against itself in this box or should we play Spearhead?
>>
>>93688143

The armies in that box are meant to be played in Spearhead or added onto for an actual army.
>>
>>93688125
brutes are the highest, and unbuffed ardboy damage is pathetic.
>>
>>93688143
I'd predict the skaven would rinse the sce based on the unit selection using aos rules.
>>
>>93688182
>unbuffed ardboy damage
yeah, your anvil battlenie troops arent murdreing anything by themselves, thats how it should be
>>
>>93678189
They just so happen to be right outside of the boundary of the great parch map so I don't have to worry about what's established nearby
>>
>>93688300
Why are chaos warriors twice as durable and dealing literally the damage then fag, and people ask why the army sucks.
>>
>>93688486
*twice the damage
>>
Is AoS doing well where you live. My LGS ( not GW ) put up the schedule for October and they’ve canned AoS scrim night. Has me worried.
>>
>>93688516

Slowing down a bit in favor of the new Necromunda stuff, but getting a game of Spearhead in isn't hard. Saturday turned into PtG, but the turn out on the starting day was a bit meh.
>>
>>93687530
Haha when are IDK Fyreslayers KO CoS OBR Sylvaneth SoB actually fuck naming nearly all the factions going to get more fucking units instead of heroes released piecemeal what the fuck is wrong with GW and their fucking retard releases it's so slow and shitty for anything not Stormcast Eternals and now Skaven and then LRL it's seriously frustrating for some factions to have one or two actual units like infantry or cavalry or bowfolk and then 90% of the roster is fucking heroes fucking shit
>>
>>93688541
The old Path to Glory was much better and I remember wanting to do something like it a few years ago thinking it was the same thing from WHFB with the booklet which was amazing and I was immediately turned off by the fact that it was just a shitty escalation league basically so I said fuck it and never did anything

I still want to do the old PtG thing and I sometimes look at my old booklet and remember the good times
>>
So is Tzeentch actually good against Troggs
>>
>>93688556
When you can figure out how GW is going to make more selling units vs insanely overpriced single minis. Don’t give me the detail bullshit, all the AOS minis are insanely detailed.
>>
Why aren't you playing Warhammer Fantasy(any edition)? It is superior to AoS in every aspect.
>>
>>93678189
Do theoretical, potentiallyworkedoninthefuturedudes count
>>
>>93688182
so thats actually not true

points per damage, it breaks down as follows

ardboyz no shieldbash 31
ardboyz 24
goregruntas 22
brutes 24
ragerz 25

ardboyz fall off without their shield bash a bit, about 15-20% less damage, but with shield bash they are comperable to the rest of the pack. gore grunta damage here assumes a charge, but anti-X bonus rend has not been added to any of the profiles since the comparison is target agnostic (though most of them have it so into their preferred targets the ratio should stay similar between them)

also attached is a breakdown of damage per MSU for each unit, without any external buffs.
>>
>>93688685
I'm too busy playing Warhamer Age of Sigmar(2nd Edition)
>>
>>93688516
You can find people to play a game but getting enough people for a tournament is imposible.
>>
>>93688685
I dont wanna memorize 100 pages worth of rules. Also vampire lords are a fucking joke.
>>
>>93688690
slight correction, ardboyz without shield bash should be at 39

also fixed the damage profile here on this chart, so ignore the previous one.

mistyped a point of rend on the no shield bash ardboyz
>>
>>93688685
bawkses are dumb
>>
>>93688685
why dont you wheeeeeeel on back to your containment thread, assuming you dont get stuck on a small shrub or a fence
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>93688685

Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong /g/. The /towg/ is two blocks down.
>>
File: IMG_4413.jpg (1.01 MB, 828x1048)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>93688685
But I am anon. I am. The models are inferior, AoS will always have that. I shouldn’t have read that fantasy novel. Lead to another $1000 out of my bank account and now I’m sitting on 2.5k of Bretonnians. That being said they are two distinct setting. AoS is more fantastical, while WHFB is more grounded. I really like those aspects of both. Sometimes AoS lore can really miss for me.
>>
File: 1325906792878.jpg (267 KB, 1000x731)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
I 3D printed my entire army and then went to a hobby shop and wrecked the dorks that actually paid for their toys. I'm the winner in more ways than one.
>>
>>93688685
>in every aspect
Does the world of Warhammer Fantasy have enough empty room for me and my friends to make up our own continents for our nations to fight over in our narrative campaigns without breaking the existing canon? I agree that WHFB is better in most respects but AoS is very obviously the better /yourdudes/ playground at any scale beyond the micro.
>>
So doing some conversions for my FEC shit, I' caught between making 6 crypt flayers or 6 crypt horrors. Is there really any reason to take the flayers? The flying and ranged attack seems neat but wouldn't it be smarter to double down on melee?
>>
>>93688685
I am, and you're right.
>>
>>93689491
I use 3 of the flayer to protect my arch-regent, since they can fly him around but damage-wise the horrors seem better.
>>
Totally new to AoS, is there a skaven spearhead box coming out?

I'm really only interested in the Skaven and the tree guys
>>
>>93689865

>>93689865

>>93689865

New morning thread, fresh baked.
>>
>>93688745
Ok now add the anti rend and brutes jump ahead easily. So it is true.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.