[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Danava_titan.jpg (172 KB, 698x1000)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
Cucked monks edition

>>IF YOU ARE ASKING A QUESTION, PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH GAME YOU'RE PLAYING<<<

Previous thread: >>93662897

/pfg/ (pathfinder 1e) link repository: https://pastebin.com/RSt0rF0T
/p2g/ (pathfinder 2e) link repository: https://pastebin.com/1zySxwm3
/sfg/ (starfinder) link repository: https://pastebin.com/5yp9s2U3
/3eg/ (D&D 3.X) link repository: https://pastebin.com/VMRsxB2m
/pacgg/ (pathfinder adventure card game) link repository:
https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_games_considered_the_best
The T̶r̶o̶v̶e̶ Vault (seed, please!): bit<dot>ly/2Y1w4Md

TQ: Tell me about your favourite party
>>
Anyone have experience with Kineticist tank?
Earth/Wood or Earth/Fire seems pretty good
>>
>>93682963
Earth Wind and Fire is pretty good
>>
>>93682963

Earth/Wood is about as good as it gets as a tank.
>>
>>93682949
Is this the Age of Sigmar thread? or is it the Mage: The Ascendent thread? Maybe the ACKS or Exalted thread?
>>
>>93682963
As long as your armor isn't metal impulse you are fine AC wise, you have plenty hp from your KAS being Con
Earth gives you resistance and lower dex requirements due to bulwark while Wood still wants a bit of dex but gets free shield block
Fire is good for offensive options (and lava leap i guess) but it will really want impulse junction eventually for Die Size Increase on it's impulses
Wood gives you Tree sentinel which is superb if your gm is a lazy ass who can only spam solo monsters.
Air gives you great mobility, even Four Winds by itself makes it worthy of a dip if your party tries to maximize movement speed
Works without archetyping (not to mention >kineticist taking archetypes) for defensive options to round it out.
>>
>>93683070
Cool, thanks for the info.
I'm new but it still seems pretty clear that kineticist is the most insular class, a bit like monk in 5e. It never really wants to archetype into other things because its elemental attacks are their own gimmick.
>>
>>93682949
>>IF YOU ARE MAKING A THREAD, PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH THREAD YOU'RE MAKING
>>
>>93683131
its insular because of a unique action type (impulse) that previous stuff that serves as a baseline couldn't factor in. It can struggle a bit in FA games but there are still utility archetypes that just give you extra flavour/out of combat utility. Others usually can archetype into it however if there is 1 specific utility thing that scales of level and doesn't require attacking/forcing saves.
>>
>>93683167
I'm not sure even sure what they would hold in their hands?
Is the awakened animal extra speed from having open hands very good for them as a result
>>
Anon from the last thread with the tian xia guide here.
Was there any particular lore things people might have wanted from the individual ancestries?
>>
Are there any other feats like Deadly Simplicity that increase simple weapon damage dice, not just unarmed attacks?
>>
>>93683352
Tanuki lore please, I'm making a tanuki character right now and that would be great.
>>
Why was Paizo afraid to finally introduce the tanuki with the gigantic balls? I want to play a character whose main feature is a heaving sack, and then take testicle-related ancestry feats. I want to acquire the ability to shield block with my humongous balls, and engrave sturdy runes onto my ball skin.
>>
>>93683829
Alright, you got it.
As before, in exchange gimme some Tanuki or Kitsune ladies and I'll throw that up in a bit.
>>
File: Tanukilore.png (498 KB, 715x1303)
498 KB
498 KB PNG
>>93684106
good enough for now. Here's all the non-mechanical text for Tanuki.
>>
>>93683719
Not a feat, but Champions get it at level 1. If you take Champion and take Cleric Dedication for lvl 4 and 6 which are dead levels for champion feats anyway you can get a longspear all the way to 1d12.
>>
>>93684155
you actually cannot stack dice size ups whatsoever. You only ever get one.
>>
>>93684134
ah to be hit on by a sauced tanuki woman.

You want anything else cropped out?
>>
File deleted.
If Pathfinder 2e material is allowed, the inventor archetype becomes fantastic for operatives by character level 8th. Basic Modification for complex simplicity on a laser rifle is fantastic: d8 to d10, versatile B (or P, or S, as desired). This lets a laser rifle deal something other than fire damage.

https://2e.aonprd.com/Archetypes.aspx?ID=108
https://2e.aonprd.com/Feats.aspx?ID=3117
https://2e.aonprd.com/Innovations.aspx?ID=3
>>
>>93684480
I bought Guns and Gears foolishly right as the remaster was announced and now I refuse to donate brain power on behalf of Paizo thinking about classes and books that are both yet to be released. I'm sorry.
>>
File deleted.
I just came out of an 8th-level Starfinder 2e playtest wherein the radiant solarian's solar weapon was of minimal use against a vampire's resist 10 physical (except magical silver), while the rhythm mystic simply blasted the vampire with 4th-level Holy Light ( https://2e.aonprd.com/Spells.aspx?ID=1557 ) for 14d6 damage. That did not seem quite right.

And in the combat before that, the solarian did not use their solar weapon either, because the enemies had a melee-hosing reaction. The solarian did not use their solar flare, which was bad, and instead used a backup seeker rifle.
>>
File deleted.
The Starfinder 2e disintegration chamber seems like a TPK machine. It is an 8th-level complex hazard.

The hazard locks the party inside. A reinforced wooden door ( https://2e.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=3189 ) has Hardness 10, Hit Points 40, and Break Threshold 20. A steel door is likely to be closer to an iron plate wall in terms of durability, with Hardness 18, Hit Points 72, and Break Threshold 36: difficult to bust down.

Finding the control panel takes a DC 31 Perception (Seek) check. That is a high DC. If the PCs can successfully find the control panel and land a two-action DC 24 Computers check to Disable a Device, then the hazard is disarmed: but this takes considerable dice luck. The apertures are more visible, but there are four of them, presumably spread out across the room, and closing any one of them takes a two-action DC 22 Crafting check to Disable a Device; the hazard appears to be unaffected until all four apertures are closed.

The hazard has exceptionally good offense. It starts combat by making an attack against one PC, and by subsequently rolling +18 for initiative. Each round on its turn, the disintegration chamber makes a ranged attack against the entire party. At the start of each creature's turn, the hazard makes an attack against them as a free action. Thus, the hazard has one free attack at the start of combat, and during each round, each PC suffers two attacks. These have no MAP.

These attacks have a high Strike modifier of +20 and high Strike damage of 2d10+11 acid ( https://2e.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=2895 ). Against AC 22, this lands a regular hit 50% of the time and a critical hit a staggering 45% of the time. An average of 22 damage, or 44 on a critical hit, rips away a huge chunk of a low-level PC's Hit Points.

A disintegration chamber is merely a "moderate" encounter for four 6th-level PCs or for six 5th-level PCs. Unless they are specifically min-maxed to counter a disintegration chamber, they will likely have a rough time.
>>
>>93685387
Well, it IS called "disintegration chamber", not "aroma therapy chamber".
>>
>>93685387
hazards are the least balanced encounters in 2e framework. Not only they often force skill use, if your party is impaired in particular skills needed they are fucked (but its often skill you should always have in the setting logically thinking as an adventurer, like thievery and computers respectively)
Their damage is often gruesome purely to the fact that metagamey party can likely shut it down in a turn or two.
Im never trusting the assigned level for hazards
>>
Sorta pf2e sorta sf2e
I'm trying to make a yeehaw with a chaingun using Soldier, what are some fun weapons options worth eyeballing?
>>
>>93685527
OH NOOOOOOOOOOO I DONT WANT TO ENGAGE WITH THE SKILL SYSTEMMMMMM SKILLS OTHER THAN MEDICINE AND INTIMIDATE SHOULD BE USELESSSS WAAAHHHHHHHH>>93685527
>>
>>93685891
im speaking from gm side
which likely means that im playing with absolute brainlets but in my area its kinda hard/annoying to find new group that isn't tainted by "alphabet is my personality"
>>
File: 1720913817106820.png (205 KB, 550x743)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>93685891
>mfw watching the Bard fail five mission important Occult checks in a row due to plain bad luck
I mean, yeah, kinda. PF2e's skill system doesn't feel like it has the granularity to actually reward skill investment, but if you don't have a base covered sometimes you just die/get stonewalled and it's not really fun to engage with outside of combat.
>>
>>93682949
>Cucked monks edition
You were in such a hurry to make this unfunny joke you forgot to format the anchor post correctly.
You can't CTRL+F /pgg/ oe Paizo and find the thread.
Investigators and Oracles are cuckolded, not Monks. I can take a dedication feat and become a better Investigator than an Investigator, or a better Oracle than and Oracle. I am getting access to all their desirable features, the wife in the metaphor, while they watch.
Monks are just neglected and get zero action. They want to get their dicks wet, but they can't even get in a relationship.
>>93682999
lmao nice. September is only 10 days away.
>>93685891
That's so intellectually dishonest. Either you haven't played pf2 or you haven't noticed the skill bottleneck.
It doesn't matter how many skills you start with at level 1 unless you're playing a Rogue, or some obscure explot/exception I don't know about.
Your skill increases will only ever allow you to have, at most, 3 skills at the highest proficiency you're capable of. Classes with Intelligence as a key attribute are the only reason it's not the universal best dump stat.
At level 7, +9 to a skill is not going to work. For contrast, your best skill is getting +17. It's not that anyone doesn't WAN'T to engage with the skill system, it's that they CAN'T engage with it.
>>93685938
It's not bad luck. Occult is an Intelligence check.
Even the only bad subclass, Enigma, has ways to cheat around using Intelligence.
Now, you can argue that Bardic Knowledge and Assurance (Occult) aren't useful because of how Recall Knowledge works. And you'd be right. Enigma sucks, but thankfully it doesn't turn off your Occult and Focus spells, so you're just slightly less Overpowered.
Dumping Intelligence is actually optimal, as you start with 4+INT skills but can only ever advance 3. If you're not going to be a human, Skeletons and Leshy are good choices.
Experienced Bards max Performance and 2 skills using CHA, DEX, or WIS.
>>
>>93686374
>It's not that anyone doesn't WAN'T to engage with the skill system, it's that they CAN'T engage with it.
You can take three whole skills to Legendary. You can select feats that give you Expert in skills, which does start to let you get additional Master skills. Every time you get a skill feat you can get a Lore to Legendary.

You (and the rest of your party) choose to max out Stealth, Medicine, and Intimidation because they're better in combat, and then you get pissy when you encounter something that wants Crafting or Computers. That's not the game's fault. That's yours.
>>
/r/ interesting bard spell choices per level
>>
>>93686765
My Inventor pretty regularly fails crafting checks desu. The GM doesn't even set the DCs all that high but our luck this campaign has been awful.
>>
Are the comics any good?
>>
>>93686765
As a level 10 charisma caster like a psychic or sorcerer, a master lore skill is worse than a trained diplomacy. Compared to a skill with attribute and item bonus, it's 4 to 7 bonus behind. Take off 4 more if it's a real skill and not an additional lore. My occultism will be +12, compared to my medicine of+22. The point isn't that I only have medicine. The point is that I can only have two, sometimes three skills.
>>
File: Poppet01.png (271 KB, 499x698)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
I'm interested in making a Poppet Character for PF2e can you share some tips or ideas anons?
>>
>>93686799
the DC for overdrive is so shit because it never gets easier %-wise and im pretty sure you can never assurance it till legendary with skill boost item to get a success on it when you want to be critting it
>>
>>93686765
>didn't/can't read
worthless, discarded
>>93686799
Reddit defends this class so hard idk why. It's crazy to me that Paizo can write a class that depends on Performance checks and make it overpowered, and then make a class that depends on Crafting checks but it's one of the worst.
You already solved this design problem, Paizo, why is it still an issue for you?
>>93687050
With Elemental or Demonic Sorcerer, one of those is Intimidate. You'd be stupid not to, there's no rules or roleplay justification. Your next highest stat is DEX, WIS, or CON but there are no CON skills. So you're probably taking Acrobatics, Stealth, Medicine, Religion, Nature, Thievery, or Survival.
Let's look at skill feats and see which ones are useful. Kip up, Battle Medicine... hmmm think I'll take Survival and Society.
>>
>>93687147
What book is this from? Let me look it up.
>Dexterity flaw
Ouch. You'll want Full Plate for Bulwark, then.
>Con/Cha/Free boosts
Would be a great Champion. You could have a child's toy knight come to life, and it wants to be a brave hero like in all the stories it was part of.
What do the Ancestry Feats do? Anything fun?
>>
>>93687147
while not entirelly RAW you could do a Medium size poppet bard that's a mannequin jester playing on the instrument of choice. Don't reveal that you're a poppet and refuse having treat wounds/medicine on you with shit like "dw dude, there is no blood i'm fine"
>>
>>93687174
You can assurance it at exactly level 7, but even besides that I fail crafting checks outside of combat all the damn time. I failed a check to ID a fucking emergency stop button. I came up with a decent plan for an ambush and then flubbed my bomb toss to open the fight with a nat 1. I failed every intimidation check but managed a successful Diplo check despite being only trained (was Expert in Intimidation from Marshal). My only reliable successes have been on attack rolls and skills I should have no right succeeding at. My dude had a +2 to Acrobatics (PWL) and somehow managed to succeed all his Acrobatics checks but when he was in Overdrive and getting a +1 to Athletics I flubbed those checks left and right despite being +4 STR and Expert (minus one time where I Koolaid-manned my way through a door, which was cool).

Eventually I just gave up and swapped to Fighter w/ Inventor archetype. Doubled my Perception, my saves are better, accuracy is better, action economy is better, more HP, and I can still help the other Inventor on crafting projects. I don't get to build my own suit but it turns out a Power Suit is just a set of fucking Gray Maiden Plate anyway so who the fuck cares I guess. I couldn't even reliably damage shit with Explode.

>>93687234
Even reddit agrees that Inventor is bad. Or at least that it's weakest among the other classes. What it needs is reliability. And the flexibility features from Fighter that Paizo halfway included but pussied out on. And an actual 19th level class feature that isn't 'you can change your innovation to something else lmao'
>>
>>93687408
I thought about champion too specially with the Quadruped feat to have the Horse already sewn as part of you, other interesting feat is the whisper that lets you talk with inanimate toys, statues etc... Could lead to funny scenarios. I'm looking for caster classes too like Summoner or Witch, specially becuase of the dexterity flaw.

>>93687515
Sounds fun anon
>>
File: backgrounds.png (790 KB, 1520x1230)
790 KB
790 KB PNG
>>93684130
I thought I forgot something yesterday. I forgot backgrounds!
>>
>>93687683
banished celestial sounds so cool
>>
I've played a Flurry Ranger and Dragon Stance Monk, and while archetyping added some variety, I found the main class chassis fairly underwhelming for both characters (in hindsight, I regret not going Precision for the Ranger to make better use of Snarecrafter)

What are the best, most effective/cool classes in PF2e that work fine out of the box without needing any archetyping? My favorite PF1e class was Alchemist but that's completely fucked, and even worse after the Remaster since I'm not really into bomb throwing shenanigans, more of a poison/mutagen kinda guy. I'm open to casters if they have a really cool theme or powerful options, but generalists like wizards aren't really my cup of tea. Kineticist seemed pretty neat (even though I wouldn't know which elements are good)

Appreciate any help!
>>
>>93687552
Damn Inventor sounds dire and is a shame because as a concept sounds even more interesting than Alchemist
>>
>>93687910
Anything other than metal on kineticist can be really strong and cool if you build around it.
>>
>>93686765
>You can take three whole skills to Legendary.
At level 19.
If you're siloing your skills properly you don't get a third skill past Expert until 11th level (and in practice DC scaling means it's not that good until 13th when it can be your third Master). That's only 8 skills in a 4-person party without a rogue, and if you're assuming characters are taking Acrobatics or Athletics, the coverage of mental skills only goes down further.
And that's if you have 4 players and not a party of 3 players you treat as one level lower for the purposes of encounter balance, as I've done in the past.
You practically need a rogue or thaumaturge if you don't want to be gangraped by haunts.
>You can select feats that give you Expert in skills, which does start to let you get additional Master skills
The feats that give buffs to Expert almost all require specific archetypes. On top of that, it doesn't kick in for Master skills until 11th level.

A major issue is that complex hazards typically require multiple skill checks, and if your party only has one guy that can even make them (which the proficiency gating throws a wrench into), the whole encounter becomes "everyone sits around and tries not to die while the rogue rolls several checks in a row." This is both not very fun and not very balanced.
Don't get me started on Perception proficiency gates and the way they kneecapped Wis classes to keep their bonuses the same.

>>93687910
>What are the best, most effective/cool classes in PF2e that work fine out of the box without needing any archetyping?
Depends what you want from them. You'll probably want a good spell guide for sorc but those are hard to fuck up. Fighter and barbarian both work pretty well out the box.
Fighter is really hard to fuck up but still has some stinkers in its feats (looking at you, Double Shot). If anything it often wants to archetype simply because it's fully functional with only one or two class feats. Just don't go Dex melee.
>>
>>93688268
It reminds me of a game I used to play on PC. They made a Netflix show based on the lore, one of the main characters is this Magitech Weapon Inventor. Show is so popular, everyone forgets all the awful PR surrounding this game and installs it.
There's now this influx of people coming from the show to the game.
The problem is, the Inventor character has always been this "cool concept, shit execution" character who is really good early on - his hammer that transforms into a cannon means he has double the abilities, but they balanced that around him not improving very much as the game progresses. They tried for a bit to hit the sweet spot between not too strong early and not too weak late game, and just gave up and left him at "this guy falls off a cliff around 18-20 minutes in, so you need to absolutely crush with him early then leverage your lead or your team is basically down a player." There's probably less than 10 players in North America who can pilot Jayce. Somewhere between Riven and Zoe on a list of the most "you think you're good, but you're not" characters.
But he's conceptually cool, and this TV show made him look like Chad, so now there's all these people trying the game out, and on top of being ridiculously difficult to learn with no tutorial and a hostile, verbally abusive community - they've picked a character that goes from being God to dogshit in 99.9% of the playerbase's hands, and having a miserable time.
Inventors can't catch a fucking break, I guess. They were the minion master/long range blaster class in Torchlight 2. Are there any other games where this character concept isn't shit?
>>
>>93688338
>Are there any other games where this character concept isn't shit?
Well, D&D 3.5 obviously because crafting rules are lmao and artificers are lmao atop that
>>
File: 1724210226318326.png (311 KB, 1215x919)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
I still can't believe Paizo nerfed archetype Flurry only to give out an (admittedly weaker) version of it at 2nd-level to an archetype.

The mid-level stuff is forgettable (and that 6th-level tax to make runes work should be lower or baked-in to the dedication) but I'm also pleasantly surprised by Transcendent Deflection letting you no-sell an attack 1/fight with no real cost or roll, and Intercepting Hand letting you do the same multiple times a fight with an Athletics check (that gets a free +2 no less).

I'm actually fairly interested in building a temple sword fighter with Heaven's Thunder added on top of the base build. Many of fighter's free-hand feats still work with the archetype.
Thaumaturge would also be interesting to look at with it, since it bypasses the "locked to a low die size" issue that the archetype forces on you, and can benefit from Flurry pretty well.
>>
File deleted.
>>93685387

Here are the 5th-level pregenerated characters:
https://paizo.com/starfinderplaytest

And how they stack up against the 8th-level hazard:

Chk Chk, 5th-level mystic:
• AC 22 (regularly hit 50% of the time, critically hit 45% of the time)
• HP 70
• Perception non-expert (can neither Search the hazard or Seek the control panel)
• Computers non-expert (cannot disable the control panel)
• Crafting trained +8 (needs a natural 14+ to close one out of four apertures)
• Thievery non-trained (cannot Pick a Lock)

Dae, 5th-level solarian:
• AC 22 (regularly hit 50% of the time, critically hit 45% of the time)
• HP 68
• Perception expert +9 (needs a natural 19+ to Search the hazard and a natural 20 to Seek the control panel)
• Crafting non-trained (cannot close an aperture)

Iseph, 5th-level operative:
• AC 23 (regularly hit 50% of the time, critically hit 40% of the time)
• HP 63
• Perception expert +11 (needs a natural 17+ to Search the hazard and a natural 20 to Seek the control panel)
• Computers expert +12 (needs a natural 12+ to disable the control panel)
• Crafting trained +9 (needs a natural 13+ to close one out of four apertures)
• Thievery trained +12

Navasi, 5th-level envoy:
• AC 21 (regularly hit 45% of the time, critically hit 50% of the time)
• HP 48
• Perception expert +11 (needs a natural 17+ to Search the hazard and a natural 20 to Seek the control panel)
• Thievery trained +10
>>
File deleted.
>>93688397

Obozaya, 5th-level soldier:
• Calculated correctly, AC 23 (regularly hit 50% of the time, critically hit 40% of the time)
• HP 85
• Perception expert +10 (needs a natural 18+ to Search the hazard and a natural 20 to Seek the control panel)

Zemir, 5th-level witchwarper:
• AC 21 (regularly hit 45% of the time, critically hit 50% of the time)
• HP 53
• Perception non-expert (can neither Search the hazard or Seek the control panel)
• Crafting Clever Improviser +8 (needs a natural 14+ to close one out of four apertures)
• Thievery Clever Improviser +7

All six of these PCs being tossed into a disintegration chamber is merely a "moderate"-difficulty encounter, yet I think that such a scenario's odds are grim. Similarly, in the event that only their melee frontliner, the solarian, gets locked in, I think that his chances of survival are likewise poor. I can see it being winnable only with great dice luck, or if the GM is highly generous and gives poor statistics to the sealed door, the lock on it, or both.
>>
>>93688320
yes, indeed, skills are a bad mechanic
>>
File: HotOC.png (391 KB, 550x653)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
>>93688100
PWL doesn't really effect our skill checks. Static DCs are adjusted downward like any other PWL thing so stuff like the standard Treat Wounds check is being rolled against a DC 8 since we're level 7. It does mean we don't AoE mooks to death because they're PL-3 or whatever but my rolls have just been awful all around. It does annoy me that the GM is running ABP without the item bonuses to skills but it's honestly been completely negligible since we only qualify for a +1 anyway. An eyepiece would not have made a difference the same way my +1 Intimidation item hasn't made a difference for Dread Marshal. There's too many rolls just to turn shit on and my luck has been awful.

GM let me reclass to Fighter last session and it came with a ground up rebuild since I've been playing a year now and fiddling with both a re-do Inventor and a backup character. I took Inventor Dedication and dumped two class feats to get Searing Restoration (the best part of the Inventor kit at this level, except maybe Visual Fidelity) and scaling Crafting. Kept the Marshal FA but dropped Cadence Call since it's never been useful. I'll spend a class feat at 14 to grab both it and Tactical Cadence so I can be hasting the party. Assurance: Intimidation means I can just turn the Dread Marshal aura on now.

>>93688268
I'd probably be somewhat happier if I'd gone Construct Inventor and focused in hard on DEX instead of trying to be the party's frontliner with 8HP and no shield. Armor Inventor getting baked in resists and being fluffed as a powered plate suit made me think I'd be tanky but that's really just not the case. As it stands I've kind of become super invested in my dude though, and Fighter made a lot more sense for how I'd been trying to play him. All I really need is a weapon with Razing so I can tell trapped doors to go fuck themselves.

>>93688338
You can just say you used to play League, bro. Jayce is a fun character even if the game is a mess.
>>
>>93688397
>>93688400

>(can neither Search the hazard or Seek the control panel)
I forgot to make that "nor."
>>
>>93688423
Basically, yeah. Their victory point subsystem tends to just boil down to a lot of sequential rolling once you know how it works, too.
I'd personally prefer a system where you pick 3 skills, then all of them increase to Expert at level 3, Master at 7, and Legendary at 15. Throw in a 4th one for free based on class (Arcana for wizard, Nature for druid, etc.). Rogue/Investigator get to pick 6 instead.
Either that or go back to +1 skill ranks but greatly increase the number of actions in the game that have flat DCs.
>>
>>93688320
OK you seem intelligent enough to have a serious conversation, I'll bite
>The feats that give buffs to Expert
What are these? I know about Rogues and that Ancient Elf Ancestry Feat chain. I searched Archives of Nethys, but it's difficult if you don't know how Paizo worded it.
>>93687910
Resentment or Wilding Steward Witch does not need an archetype. But if you take Cauldron, Double Double, and Alchemist Dedication, you can have your old character back.
>>93688424
The DC adjustment math is the issue. The book's recommendations are fucked.
I have never understood the appeal of PWL and ABP.
>I don't like the loot that the monsters are carrying
It's not hard to figure out what your players will want. Fine, let them sell it and buy their own gear.
>No one in the party took crafting
This is a free opportunity to give them an NPC crafter that they can interact with, roleplay with, and grow attached to, and make them care about the world I built.
>You can just say you used to play League, bro. Jayce is a fun character even if the game is a mess.
People have a nasty knee-jerk reaction when they find out you play, especially if you are/were Ranked only. Granted, it's usually warranted. I sold my account to make sure I quit for good, and then they added Emerald and Vanguard to make sure I never return.
>>
>>93688451
I don't get it. Who looked at 3.PF skills and said "this needs to be completely overhauled"
What was the perceived issue? Intelligence was too good of a stat? They couldn't figure out how to do away with Class Skills vs Cross-Class without tearing apart the entire system?
>>
>>93688576
>The DC adjustment math is the issue.
My average skill roll of like 7 or 8 is the issue. Inventor requiring a crafting check to use it's base feature is the other issue. Inventor having two different core features that have a 20% to turn themselves off AND damage the Inventor themselves is the third.

>ABP
The way item bonuses are done baseline, frankly, sucks ass and this way we don't have to fuck around with armor and weapon runes every time we want to try something new (which is often, because the GM came up with an entirely homebrew weapon list for the setting, and those have somewhat taken the place of vertical rune progression). It's not like loot in the base game is interesting. It's a skinner box. The GM has to hand you specific item bonuses no matter what or else you fall behind. ABP is just more honest about how shit works.

>PWL
The power ceiling the GM wants to aim for is lower, so he wants a bunch of dudes with guns to be a threat to us if we act stupid. Sure once we hit our +2 weapons we'll be able to wipe up any mangy gang of bandits like they're a grease stain, but if we get too cocky they still might surprise us instead of being unable to do anything because they're PL-8 and quite literally cannot hit us.

Should the GM have used a different system for this heavily modified game? I really think so. Would playing a normal game of PF2e fix my problems with it? Nah, mate. Certain things would be substantially less jank but my criticisms with the game at large don't really change. I'm getting more used to coloring between the lines the more I study the system but I would probably enjoy a faithfully run game less than this one.
>>
>>93688742
Again, I don't get it. I usually play Bard and I have to make Performance checks every time I spend a focus point, unless it's to Heal or keep the Dying condition from increasing. Once I have Expert Performance and a +1 item, it's usually a 75% chance to succeed, and if I was really worried I'd cast Guidance.Level 7 is Master, l 9 I get a Persona Mask, and it's an 80% chance until the theoretical apex item, when it's 90%.
I can roll 6s and 7s and pass, barely. What the hell were they doing with Inventor?
Staves are cool, Spellhearts are interesting. Even things like some of the skill bonus items are interesting. There's a lot of variety in Bard instruments to the point that your choice of Performance specialty has potential mechanical consequences. You're right that basic numeric upgrades like runes are stupid, but there are plenty of interesting options buried in the ocean of shit.
As someone who gets stuck GMing more than playing, Bandits are literally the easiest thing in the game to scale to be a threat. Just give them more class levels.
I'm not criticizing you or your GM, but I really just don't get how they run games. I like PF2 because it's one of 2 fantasy medieval systems I've tried that having forever GM duty dumped on me doesn't feel like a chore, just that I'm missing out on playing a character. No one has heard of the other and it's rules aren't free on Archive of Nethys (this is huge for PF2's success), and because Pathfinder does Character on Character combat really well, I still get to be a "player" until they kill "my characters," which means I basically get to try everything for a few rounds.
I don't see it as coloring between the lines, but digging through a landfill of bad and broken feats, classes, monsters, items, ancestries, you name it - because the underlying framework is strong enough that I know I can make do with whatever I pull out of the trash while I look for a better game.
>>
>>93689037
No class levels in PF2.
>>
>>93686989
I remember them being pretty entertaining
>>
Fun classes at lower levels or maybe some combinations that fall off past level 10 or so?
2e because my group is full of fucking career math nerds that coom to +1s
>>
>>93689556
At low level Fighter is unironically fun because my smooth brain genuinely likes being able to crit with regularity and do big damage but also get away with good AC and be able to do Athletics stuff. The new Barbarian is the same but without needing to crit. Giant Barbarian especially with it’s absurd damage bonus and a free Large weapon lets you get away with a Bastard Sword, Healer’s Kit, Breastplate, and Adventurer’s Pack.
>>
>>93682999
If you don't mind, I shall stick with Earth & Fire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQTimc3nf7g
>>
>>93689556
I think Monk's pretty front-loaded, and you can make a lot of funny builds between your first few feats. Free hands are fun to play with early on too.
>>
>>93689792
>pick two stances and swap between them when it's convenient
>pick up a ki spell and psychic archetype (if you're a human you can even pick up two ki spells and have 3 focus points at level 2)
>pick up one of the weird stances like shuriken stance
>just go for the basic-ass monk with one stance and stunning fist
It's funny how many different monk builds there are at level 2 and how ass it gets higher than that when the class totally fails to open up.
>>
File: 636272708661726603.png (252 KB, 420x509)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
How is this game supposed to be a D&D replacement when it doesn't even have Warlocks?
>>
>>93689967
Kineticist and Witch.
>>
>>93690035
How does that replicate a Hexblade Warlock of the Blade?
>>
>>93690072
You'd want Magus for that.
>>
>>93690072
You can use your Elemental Blast in melee and most of the impulses without any issues.
>>
>>93690072
PF2e is a 4e clone
>>
>>93690081
4e had Hexblade Warlocks.
>>
>>93690087
Essentials is an abomination.
>>
>>93690081
I fucking wish
>>
>>93690092
How? It just added more character options. The Slayer and Knight didn't replace the Battlemaster. Especially the later Heroes of * books supported the PHB classes as well as the essential ones.
>>
>>93690092
Essentials was good for feats and items, and how some classes made for great hybrids due to shoddy rules.
Actually playing essentials classes as-is is for fags.
>>
>>93690105
It cut support short for the classes prior to it and introduced many many poorly considered classes that sucked ass.
>>
>>93690142
The options for classes like Wizard were usable by the PHB version as well. Essential fighters worked differently, but Martials had two power books.
>>
Are Bestiary 1-3 worth it or is it better to just stick to remastered core books?
>>
>>93687147
Summoner with an eidolon that has opposable thumbs, pick Steed Form.
You're now a (magical) sword wielded by an adventurer.
>>
File: 1609956600888.png (254 KB, 800x600)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
Okay, so 1e player here. I skipped 2e and felt pretty vindicated after seeing them dump it and 'remaster' after about 2 years.

Is ther a compelling reason to try move to 2e now with the remaster?
>>
>>93690346
stick with core, look up on aon what's in b2 and b3 and if something strikes your fancy there is 95% chance it still works on remaster without adjustments so then just pull it's stats
>>
How does the bare sole of a teen monk girl feel like when she kicks you in the face
>>
>>93690853
>Is ther a compelling reason to try move to 2e now with the remaster?
Nah. New Paizo APs have been kinda boring piperuns and Paizo did not address the actual issues with the system with remaster.
Also they killed off Gorum for some feminist power fantasy.
>>
>>93690865
Will the stuff from b4, b5 and b6 work, too?
>>
>>93690853
remaster wasn't so much as "we fucked up and have to rerelease the proper one" as much as rug getting pulled due to ogl.
APs are still mid to trash
ruleset itself is largely ok, only wizards specifically are in the trash and unlikely to change even with reintroduction of runelords and more schools
you can still play it like an rpg instead of a board game but that depends largely on your gm what kind of feel the game will have. You just can't outscale enemies 5 levels ahead of you which might be a bummer for those who like and want to craft such abominations
>>
>>93690926
>you can still play it like an rpg instead of a board game
Where did this narrative even start? "Noo, the game part of my game is too game-y, how could I possibly play a role now?" is such a retarded notion, I genuinely struggle to understand it. How, exactly, does this impede your ability to get immersed and rp?
>>
>>93690959
Because the verisimilitude of the world of 3e is not only not broken by the rules, but created by them in the first place. Having a world that exists that can be experienced (by the character) is necessary for the player to pretend to be the character experiencing that world in any meaningful or coherent sense.
NTA
>>
>>93690970
>Because the verisimilitude of the world of 3e is not only not broken by the rules
Are you high? I had 3E break my suspension of disbelief all the fucking time.
>>
>>93690981
>Are you high?
No. Do you have a triple digit IQ?
>I had 3E break my suspension of disbelief all the fucking time.
Well you're a retard because you were never supposed to be suspending your disbelief, it's a different setting and a different world with it's own ruleset.
>Oh no the wizard threw a fireball that's so unrealistic I'm right and so unambiguously so that I don't feel the need to use a less disingenuous example because if you can't get the concept in itself then for all intents and purposes you don't even have a concept of 3e or it's rules.
>>
>>93690970
Why do you need gameplay rules to tell you how you're allowed to rp? What part of your ability to play a character is not adequately covered by background/setting information and your own creativity?
>Because the verisimilitude of the world of 3e is not only not broken by the rules, but created by them in the first place
This is bullshit and you know it. That 3.PFs systems (crafting, magic) break basic conceits of their own settings wide open has been established to death. If anything, the rules were often in direct conflict with the world, be it magic trivially solving supposed issues, or characters being free to dip into as many disjointed classes as they want.
>>
>>93690959
TA, what i mostly meant there is that there is a subset of players who would be better suited to be playing a wargame or a boardgame and try passing how RAW is sacred and knowingly tuning things yourself by making some things stronger or weaker (but usually stronger with paizo's default state of things) how how everything that's been designed is perfect and possibly couldn't be dogshit if it wasn't released in CRBs, till paizo themselves errata it that is. All in the name of fighting "powercreep". And that's just with tweaking pro-verbial balance sliders without changing core conceptions like action costs or shit like split movement (but that only the 5e babs want). How big is the overlap with those playing PFS is unknown to me but these "custodians" are so afraid, buckbroken by that one 5e tard vid, of people changing shit that they try to pass one true version of pf2e that the "tight" math becomes just rigid unflexible experience. Maybe im overblowing things and it's not as bad in reality but just gnawing at me.
>>
>>93691012
>If anything, the rules were often in direct conflict with the world, be it magic trivially solving supposed issues, or characters being free to dip into as many disjointed classes as they want.
Those rules are the world. You're externally trying to force your personal values on them, because you're a metagaming dweeb who can't into RP.
>Why do you need gameplay rules to tell you how you're allowed to rp?
Because they inform the scenario, dipshit. Why do you need to know you're a pirate if you're supposed to improv a pirate? Well, strictly, you don't, but it sure helps for most attempts.
>What part of your ability to play a character is not adequately covered by background/setting information and your own creativity?
None. But the rules are part of especially that character, to some extent their background, and above all else the setting. If you didn't have the rules, you wouldn't have THAT character, and especially they wouldn't be in a setting defined by those rules.

If you want freeform roleplaying without reference to a ruleset and the world it informs, do freeform roleplaying. If you want to play a boardgame and also do freeform roleplaying, play a boardgame and also do freeform roleplaying. If you want to play a TTRPG where the world is defined by it's rules, play 3e or it's children.
>>
>>93691064
Ahh. You're one of those tippyverse autists.
>>
Has paizo released spaceship combat rules for SF2e?
>>
File: 1426567774950.jpg (104 KB, 720x960)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
If I wanted to build a pf 2e character that just feels the Morkiest to play and shoot the most bullets out of the most gun, how would I do that?
A barricade buster build with a familiar/minion (grot) to cut the reload time so you never go a shootless turn?
None of that sniper bullshit. Up close and loud.
>>
>>93691012
>Why do you need gameplay rules to tell you how you're allowed to rp?
Because being untrained in CHA skills make it impossible to talk to people, which gets really fucking old, lemme tell you.
>>
>>93691337
DM issue. Cha skills should only ever be used to tip outcomes that are uncertain and could go either way. Slavish devotion to RAW is the cause here, not a lack of rules governing RP. Even the most gamist system puts some things in DM hands, the half-assed attempt of D&D, Paizo, and especially their AP design to cover everything with a rule has fostered this school of thought that things are only possible if there's a rule for it.
>>
File: cackle.png (514 KB, 846x473)
514 KB
514 KB PNG
>1e
>GM wants us to be more in character during combat
>mrw I'm (ab)using the Cackle hex
Somehow, pointing at enemies and laughing whenever they miss an attack makes everyone target you
>>
>>93691385
>play mesmerist
>just stare in silent intensity at the dm all fight long
>>
>>93691417
>Summoner gameplay
>>
File: mfw cas.png (96 KB, 335x417)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>druid gameplay
>>
Would feats to increase Save/Perception proficiency (More effectively than Canny Acumen which is barely even usable on most classes) ACTUALLY break the math that much?
>>
>>93691616
I'm sure if you could outpace classes that already get legendary saves/Perception then shit would get weird but... idk. Probably not. The bigger issue is probably that they'd become mandatory again like Canny Acumen already is for a bunch of classes.
>>
>>93691671
I feel like an Uncanny Acumen at level 11 which requires Canny Acumen that boosts it to Master immediately then Legendary at 17 would be reasonable. It's powerful, but requires 2 General Feats, which tend to be quite precious, and doesn't outdo any other class at their own game.
It'd also solve the "Well I guess I should just retrain this feat for the next 6 levels" issue Canny Acumen has.
The only real issue would be that classes that can't make use of Canny Acumen still couldn't make use of it, but I don't really see any way to solve that one.
>>
>>93691848
I'm not sure that's really a problem. If you have good saves you can just get other general feats like Fleet or Toughness or whatever. If you're already ahead you don't need catchup boosts.
>>
>>93691888
I guess not. To me it just sucks a little bit that a class with Expert at 1 or 3 and Master at 17 or never can't really improve that save at all.
>>
>>93683352
if you could post the hungerseed info, i'd be much obliged. Also interested in the spirit warrior class and aloof firmament if possible! trying to make an oni character possessed by a magic sword for a game next week
>>
>>93682949
>Cucked monks
Is Mountain Stance still a trap? (I was told by a particularly psychotic DM that it works only as long as Monk is touching the ground so jumping, climbing the wall or falling to water would instantly end it.)
>>
>>93692709
>(I was told by a particularly psychotic DM that it works only as long as Monk is touching the ground so jumping, climbing the wall or falling to water would instantly end it.)
thats how it works tho?
>>
>>93692709
Yeah, you'd do better by grabbing that draconic scales feat from that versatile heritage
>>
>>93684061
Getting images of kitsune ladies is easy, fox girls are probably the 4th or 5th most popular human-animal hybrid.

It is much harder to find images of fox men(or even fox boys). Where are all the fox dudes at?
>>
>>93693121
You mean the neko types? Uh... honestly I can't recall ever seeing one. Fox guys of the furry/anthro type are not terribly hard to find if you feel like braving e621 and the like.

Ktisune in Japan were traditionally always depicted as women I'm pretty sure. I know there's also a Korean legend about a fox woman who would seduce you and eat your liver. I'm not sure there were really any male versions of the myths that got any notable traction.
>>
I had a code for Starfinder that's expiring in a week if anyone wants to redeem it E3C5S3ABFN3SMV5M
>>
>>93693499
Where do I redeem this
>>
>>93693692
Hardness is a flat damage reduction in 2e, as far as I'm aware. That's how it works on shields anyway.
>>
>>93693939
>>93693692
Derp. I should have clicked through to your link.
Uh... the rules for blocking say you reduce the damage from the triggering attack by your shield's Hardness value. I would read that to apply to the final total but blocking sorta sucks in 2e so I wouldn't begrudge a GM who wanted to apply it like resists.
>>
Starfinder 2e seems to be placing a greater emphasis on online interactions than before. You can explicitly use Deception (Impersonate), Deception (Lie), Diplomacy (Gather Information), Diplomacy (Make an Impression), Diplomacy (Request), Intimidation (Coerce), and, bizarrely, Intimidation (Demoralize) online. Yes, if you have Terrified Retreat, then your Navy SEAL, or rather, Steward Ops copypasta can potentially Demoralize someone into fleeing away from their comm unit or datapad. You can specifically use Diplomacy to "convince moderators of your innocence."

You can take the Phishing Expertise skill feat to Create Forgery with Computers rather than Society. This potentially means that even without the aforementioned skill feat, you can use Society (Create Forgery) online by default.

Management Material is an extremely broadly applicable skill feat, because nearly everyone with an occupation counts as a "professional" to some degree, from the lowliest janitor to the loftiest admiral. Management Material covers Deception (Impersonate) and Diplomacy (Make an Impression), which can both be used online. For example, Management Material could be used to Impersonate anyone from a Xenowarden biotechnician to a member of the Pact Worlds' favorite VTuber band, Strawberry Machine Cake.

Earlier, in my very first Victory Point challenge in Starfinder 2e, the PCs were chatting with and doxxing a Corpse Fleet officer over Absalom Station's equivalent of Discord.

How do you think Starfinder 2e and its Pact Worlds setting should handle more advanced forms of online jiggery-pokery? What is the state of generative AI and similar technologies in the Pact Worlds? Can a PC use Create Forgery to generate text, images, audio, and videos, such as to fabricate evidence? Can a PC use Computers, Perception, or Society to suss out such fabrications? Are image, audio, and video evidence still valid in the Pact Worlds, or has generative AI surpassed reliable methods of detecting it?
>>
>>93694249
>and then our brave heroes logged online and used Diplomacy to Make an Impression to local racist basket weaving forum
>>
Is Pathfinder community growing or shrinking?
>>
>>93694471
you tell me
>>
>>93694471
Specifically on this board? Shrinking I think, these threads aren't super lively.

Across the wider web? Growing slightly, mainly by merit of Wizards of the Coast continuously proving themselves to be anti-consumer shitheads while Paizo keeps standing still
>>
>>93694471

Im just getting into Pathfinder 2E in the last 3 months. Played 2,3.5 and 5 D&D for so long and my group just wanted to try something new. Especially after the shitshow that was the OGL scandal
>>
>>93694533
The only complaints I've seen are that you can't sell OGL content via Pathfinder Infinite anymore
>>
>>93694471
I feel that Pathfinder is becoming little by little more interesting, varied and fun than D&D
>>
>>93695145
I think Kitsune have been screwed since day 1 in first edition since their base form is ALWAYS an andromorphic fox person with the ability to transform into a humanoid(or, on some heritages, a normal fox).

In my opinion the base form being a normal fox that transforms into either a humanoid or an anthromorphic fox is far superior.
>>
File: IMG_6276.jpg (131 KB, 735x496)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
Best psychic discipline for a control/debuff role?
>>
>>93695788
Eh, they're teleported to an extradimensional space so very low on the horny scale
>>
>>93695430
>Level 5 ancestry
Yeah, should be a level 1 part of change shape like it is for beastkin.
> I think I've ran into more people that killed Nenio
Huh? I'm pretty sure swarm is the only way to actually kill her. Everyone else can only tell her to pound sand.
>fuck them for not actually modeling multiple tails if you take the feat/Nine-Tailed Sorcerer
At least they made vulpine pounce actually usable. Paizo should just implement the owlbrew version of that feat into 2e.
>>getting RPG players to use consumables
I'm just waiting for that hard boss that'll make me consider using one of my scrolls from my 600lb pile.
>>
Would Dual-Handed Assault work with a weapon implement Thaumaturge? Or would it turn off the bonus.
>>
>>93695861
> Implement's Empowerment
The power of your implement can also be turned to the more common task of combat, its power adding to and amplifying the effects of runes and other magical empowerments. When you Strike, you can trace mystic patterns with an implement you're holding to empower the Strike, causing it to deal 2 additional damage per weapon damage die. Channeling the power requires full use of your hands. You don't gain the benefit of implement's empowerment if you are holding anything in either hand other than a single one-handed weapon, other implements, or esoterica, and you must be holding at least one implement to gain the benefit.

Per its description, you can use it normally even with a bastard sword, since both hands are only holding one item, the implement. So it would still work with Dual-Handed Assault.
>>
>>93695913
No it doesn't
>other than a single one-handed weapon
Wielding a weapon with the Two-Hand trait with two hands treats it as a two-handed weapon.
>>
>>93695861
No. Full use of your hands. DHA requires that a hand be placed over your weapon momentarily.
>>
>>93695430
>>93695663
The point of language is that you have a common reference point with other people. I've never understood Paizo's use of the terms "gluttony" and "hunger" in any of their published works. Everyone at their offices clearly has the same Wittgensteinian beetle in their box, but it's not the standard-issue English beetle.
The problem with Nenio is she's someone Paizo liberal artist's self-insert. Her whole thing is pretending to be a scientist, except more accurately she's pretending to be what a UCLA English major thinks a scientist is like. Recall, you meet her and she's conducting the most uncontrolled /survey/ (polls are not science) of a bunch of cultists and pretending like this is some study she intends to publish. She's Admiral Holdo, the same way that no one who has any clue what a military officer's responsibilities are wrote her.
That, and WotR might be the worst AP Paizo has published. It's such an absolute catastrophe, one wonders why Owlcat picked it and how much they knew about or played PF. Did they not consider Rise of the Runelords, or Hell's Rebels/Vegeance? For all their issues, the plots were good, and they didn't have the horrendous Mythic system.
>>
>>93695998
The videogame massively improves on the original AP apparently(I never played the AP but I have played the vidya) storywise.

As for why they chose it, I think its because Mythic levels and crusade control.
>>
>>93696175
I was trying to play through the Defender's Heart defense without any damage. I refused to lower the difficulty for a Steam Achivement, watching the AI take forever to take their turns when it was usually
>run into a fart cloud
>fail fort
>puke
or
>still sickened
>puke
and then Owlcat doesn't make enough Rubles to release their game bug-free so the initiative bar breaks with 40 things to keep track of. I never made it past that fight. I just got frustrated and uninstalled.
>well it gets better
Not it does /NOT/.
Did Owlcat make Nocticula not someone's mary sue waifu, to the point that it'd be less cringe and better written to have Sylvanas Windrunner as a major character?
Is Mythic not a game-breaking clusterfuck mess?
Is Iomedae not a whiny envious cunt who would sabotage her own crusade rather than the PCs upstage her, to the point of TRYING TO MURDER THE PARTY WITH HER OWN BOSS MUSIC?
This is an AP full of nominally Good characters who are too petty and selfish to function, and Chaotic Evil chracters with Naruto-grade "listen to my tragic backstory, I'm not a babyfucking serial killer cannibal I just need a hug"
And you get cockblocked so hard with the cannibal serial killer romance option WHY of all the things this game is OK with WHY NOT CAMELLIA AND ME
>>
>>93696175
The fight outside defender's heart is meant to be a punishment for being slow
>>
>>93696297
>Steam Achivement
>Defender's Heart
>>
>>93696319
>Caring about achievements
>>
>>93696321
Hasbro and Paizo removing the ability to make characters with less than 10 intelligence is removing your representation from the game. If they can make battle wheelchairs but not characters like you that's a civil rights violation and you should protest.
>>
>>93696344
but anon, ancestry stat flaws still exist. Howl literally had two ancestries with -int.
>>
>>93696175
Sounds like a 1efag's wet dream.
>>
I knew nothing about Wrath when I purchased it outside of the Mythic Paths, and I knew my first playthrough was going to be Aeon. To this end, I ended up making a (wait for it) TN Female Kitsune Wizard.

Needless to say I was simultaneously extremely embarrassed and also unbelievably thrilled at Nenio's reveal, but it also made it an unfortunate reality that I had to bench her for most of the game in that first playthrough due to skill overlap, though the few times I did bring her out I got to see gems like pic related. I was also just as depressed to find out that not only was she NOT a romanceable character, but outside of the Iconics who all exist in a weird "he said/she said" limbo of being unable to romance, her writer apparently SPECIFICALLY had it written into her contract that Nenio would never get a romance, even in DLC. I suppose I could download a mod but I fear it won't feel the same...
>>
>>93696510
As I said, if I hadn't played the AP I would be sure this was revenge. Stinking Cloud is MY trick, that's what I do to cut the number of enemies the party has to fight in half. ME.
But on top of having my own dirty tricks used against me, I only get one per day at 5th level, and it's either that or Haste. I don't even have the ability to drop two in the same fight until 6th level, and at 8th I unlock a third slot. Why are my level 2-4 characters having to deal with multiple giant AoEs of a 3rd level spell? THAT's the issue.
Oh and my party doesn't have Spell Resistance, which is really fun let me tell you.
>>93696535
>writer apparently SPECIFICALLY had it written into her contract
Interesting.
>>
Is a flexible spellcasting witch worth playing as a first timer or should I go with normal witch
>>
>>93696573
No, this is a crutch to accomodate 5e players.
There aren't enough spells worth taking in any tradition except maybe Arcane that you're going to find yourself wishing you'd prepared different ones.
Occult your biggest issue is preparing spells that target Will or have Mental/Emotion and your targets have good Will saves or are Immune that day, and you'll wish you took buffs instead.
Primal you will occasionally run into elemental resistance issues, or you're just up against good Reflex saves all day, and you'll wish you'd taken more spell attack rolls or heals.
Arcane is a bit trickier because you DO have enough variety that you'll want to swap spells, but for all of these the solution is the same anyway.
Scouting using Recall Knowledge and roleplaying will help alleviate prepared caster issues, as well as taking spells that do things on a failed save.
Rites of Convocation is a really good level 4 feat that can also help, at lower levels. Swapping out spells you won't see yourself using to summon low level Fey that have different spells available, or low-level Undead that can flank and target Reflex (something occult can't really do) with Athletics checks that are high enough to threaten PL+2 and lower enemies, while also flanking for your melee characters. Cackle will fix the action inefficiency, and proc your familiar's ability.
Remember that buffs are evergreen, and as long as you can target 2 different saves between your two highest spell ranks and do something on a successful save, you are probably doing well on spell prep.
Which Patron is your Witch, and what level? Who else is in the party? I might offer more help with more information.
>>
>>93696573
Nah, rawdog playing a full prepared caster. It'll be informative.
>>
>>93696701
I mean, Flexible Casting was more added so players could just play Arcanist without needing to make an entire new class, as far as I can tell.
>>
Which is your favourite spell tradition and why?
>>
>>93696655
For all of Wizard's myriad issues, you have Spell Substitution, and if you prepared too few instances of a particular spell (i.e. you only prepared Grease once, and took too many Force Barrage and Fear) as long as you cast it at least once already you can Drain Bonded Item, so Wizard benefits from it the least.
>>93696755
>>93696756
>>93696573
Flexible Spellcasting is more punishing the more you need it. Not counting the feat, you have to waste 2 spells per rank, 1 of your highest rank at odd levels, every day to break even in value. And, if you ever get the hang of prepared casting from practice and playing the game, it's lost all value.
>>
>>93696764
Occult, because I'm a horrid gishpilled swordcel and I love stacking as many different number adjustments on my strikes as possible instead of doing damage. Don't need fireball when I've got a sure strike heroism'd jezail shot against a sickened offguard creature.
>>
Why hasn't AoN updated with the PC2 yet?
>>
>>93696764
>>93696794
What they said, but because "good luck I'm behind 3 fighters" is hilarious to me. I don't want to get my hands dirty, I want to cripple my foe until my weakest minions can bully him to death.
>>
>>93696811
Because they're busy doing more important things like their theme contest.
>>
>>93696764
Primal after I homebrew sure strike onto it.
Particularly after rage of elements.
Very versatile.
>>
>>93696862
Trade you for Grease?
>>
>>93696792
Wizard benefits the most. They only lose 1 spell slot per rank and a spell blending wizard still basically has more slots than anyone else.
>>
>>93696764
If I had to pick one, probably Primal because lightning is cool and also it's got all the lunar spells, which are also cool.
>>
>>93696764
Primal. I like to summon stuff.
>>
>>93690959
>How, exactly, does this impede your ability to get immersed and rp?
When somebody being grappled, flanked, paralyzed, feinted, prone, and restrained is exactly as hard to hit as somebody who's simply flanked, and has identical odds of resisting a fireball as if he was fully upright and mobile, it's hard not to get taken out of immersion and feel like Jason Bulmahn's fat, sweaty neck beard isn't dangling in your ear shouting "IT WOULD BE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! THINK OF THE BALANCE! WEAPON CORDS ARE FORBIDDEN TECHNOLOGY!"

Or playing a low level Sprite Druid and realizing you need to cast Summon Fey to pull an actual Sprite out of the monster manual to fly up and grab something for you and be painfully confronted with how videogamey the distinction between PC and NPCs is (this legitimately happened in my Hell's Rebels 2e conversion game, bonus points for Strix NPCs with permanent flight showing up in that AP since they're native to Cheliax as well and making things even more absurd)
>>
>>93696535
There's some fun dialogue with her when you're also a Kitsune for sure. The idea that my Lich Kitsune who commands hordes of undead and can summon mouths from the pits of hell sleeps curled up with her tail was great to know.
>>
The way imperial sorcerer interacts with blood magic makes them actually fucking busted. Picture a level 15 guy.

So it's already arguably the best bloodline on the strength of its everything - Good granted spells for the first half of the experience, a great initial bloodline spell and a strong greater one but it's when you start getting to higher levels that it really starts to kick off. Anoint ally into explosion of power when combined with two focus spells that are one action and interact with other spells mean that I can casually throw out extend blood magic and then a 7th level haste and the fighter on the frontlines is exploding for 15d6 force damage on everything within 5ft of him with a couple of basic reflex saves on top of the spells' regular effects. Throw in blood sovereignty and I can also drop a reflect harm on them or myself.

Now reflect harm is some real bullshit, I don't think anyone proofread this feat. It's not a reaction, you just reflect whatever damage you took from a spell with a spell attack roll automatically but this means that you can crit fail a save and then crit the attack roll so the enemy takes 4x what they rolled against you. This is an edge case but it brings a feat into the territory of potentially oneshotting a boss. This is also sort of tempered by it being situational and requiring setup and while it always will rely on an enemy casting damaging spells in order to be effective, imperial sorcs get to skip the setup as arcane countermeasure is a reaction. One that triggers their blood magic before the foe's spell resolves. You can just see someone starting to cast disintegrate at you, weaken it and then reflect whatever damage it does do back to them. The lack of action cost even sort of implies this will work even if the spell downs or kills you but I'm not 100% confident on that.
>>
>>93697939
there is absolutely no reason to ever play wizard in 2e, yes. if you want to be occult you either go bard or resentment witch. if you want to be arcane or primal play a sorcerer. if you want to be divine play a cleric.

this is what happens when there are only 4 spell lists and you intentionally make 99% of caster feats AND class features garbage, there's no reason to not just pick the strongest chassis or one of the few options that slip through the cracks and are allowed to be good (like Resentment Witch permanently extending Slow, Synaesthesia, and that stupid fucking doorknob without a save)
>>
Which one of you degenerates asked for this?
>>93622827
>>
>>93698340
You play it if you want to just blast shitloads of spells. You have 6 top-level and 5 second-best level spells per day. Between that and scrolls you can be dumping unholy numbers of blasts, like we're talking 2-3 top-level and 2-3 second-best level spells per fight. The Sorcerer's jaw is on the floor while you throw out your third Fireball of the battle. You're so fucking rich on spells you can afford to cast things like 1A Force Barrage and Brine Dragon Bile just to dump even more fucking damage.

But yeah otherwise it's not particularly impressive.
>>
>>93696297
I'm pretty sure that fight is mandatory. I went to the market square first. Cleared that in one day, then returned to the tavern and it was time for the fight already.
>>93695547
I figured out Nenio's true form because she had the wrong racial features to be human. Then she tried to bite a mook after shooting a crossbow in melee range, so if I hadn't noticed something already, well.
>>
>>93698542
All casters can blast top level spells all day if they get their fair share of loot rather than most of it going to martials.
>>
>>93696268
>Is Iomedae not a whiny envious cunt who would sabotage her own crusade rather than the PCs upstage her, to the point of TRYING TO MURDER THE PARTY WITH HER OWN BOSS MUSIC?
They actually fixed that one, Iomedae doesn't smite you for being disrespectful. She only smites you for one particular mythic path and it's really understandable at that point.
>>
>>93696175
WotR before hitting mythic is one of the most miserable cRPG experiences I've ever had. The constant immunities, the ubiquitous DR, the garbage gear, the stinking cloud spam, the narrow hallways where half the fights start with your party compressed into one square next to the door you just opened. Playing any sort of blaster, or god forbid kineticist, before getting ascended element is like shoving thumbtacks into your balls. Why did they make it like this?
>>
>>93698567
Any caster is going to run out of slots and scrolls if they're trying to go off with Fireball, Magic Missile, and Brine Dragon Bile every turn. You can always nova harder with more resources.
>>
>>93698757
Nah. It is simple math, casters are shit because official Paizo APs and GMs undercut them when it comes to loot
>>
>>93698833
It's true, but no amount of scrolls is going to let you sustainably cast 3 high-slotted spells per turn, even if the DM gives you appropriate loot (AND doesn't make you sell that loot to buy the scrolls, just gives you the scrolls straight-up, meaning the DM also knows what scrolls to give you).

More spells is always better.
>>
>>93698881
sorcerers are 4-slot casters by default and have 10x better feats than wizard. even if you're just a spell blending cuck trying to spam the 5 decent spells in the game you should still go sorc.
brine dragon's bile also is only heighten +2, so it doesn't need to be max level a lot of the time, and is non-stacking persistent damage so you aren't casting it every turn. it's decent as a way to dump slots when you need to nova but isn't that spectacular all things considered, especially since spell attacks suck so much cock
>>
2e.
okay scenario
Im fighting underwater and lets say I have a trident weapon with a greater flaming rune. I am also a cleric and have emblazon armament and emblazon energy (fire) on my trident. now, due to underwater combat everyone gets 5 resistance to fire AND things with the fire trait dont quite work. the wording of the rule being
"You can't cast fire spells or use actions with the fire trait underwater. As normal for how traits work, any part of the effect that's unrelated to fire still works."

So my question is, because emblazon energy damage has no fire trait attached to it (at least not that I can see or find) Its damage should function and because of the greater flaming rune effect (but not the rune itself's damage (that doesnt function)) should ignore the underwater fire resistance?
>>
Our group just hit level 3 in Abomination Vaults, after getting low we’ve decided to return to town. Is there anything you guys’d recommend we shop for? Cleric, Champion, Barbarian, Monk, and Ranger.
>>
>>93699514
>Is there anything you guys’d recommend we shop for
A fighter
>>
>>93698549
Nope, you get to skip the fight and get a nice chunk of XP if you get everything done in 3 days
>>
>>93699514
Blood boosters and antiplagues.

Everyone should carry blood boosters in every game, bleeds can fuck you up and these make them so much easier to deal with.
>>
I'm having a hard time figuring out what ancestry feats are any good.
I'm looking at awakened animal and flight is clearly good but I get it from a class anyway. The animal summoner one looks pretty okay, but things like Wild stride are impossible to evaluate without having played yet.
Are any of these particularly worthwhile?
Burrow speed surely is later, because it always is.
>>
2e
How many hero points should each party member have over the course of a session?
>>
>>93700048
One at the start of each session
One for each hour played
Maximum of three
Unused Hero points are lost at the end of the session
>>
>>93700056
Ok, thought my group was stingy with hero points since we start with one and one given to random players each hour so it ends with everyone getting one extra for a total of two.
>>
>>93699282
No fire trait means the damage effect is applied to the weapon but you're still having to hit through the 5 fire resist, since you're dealing fire damage.
>>
>>93698598
Well, just plainly, that's just the scenario. PF1e Demons are just flat immune to a bunch of bullshit and 90% of the enemies are demons because the scenario is "Demons are invading the world".
>>
Someone added the new Tian Xia book in the usual place.
>>
>>93700584
Yeah, and it fucking sucks. Resistances were always a dogshit mechanic in TTRPGs that should've been entirely removed and replaced by something that doesn't blow, and these types of APs really showcase why. "Oh, you didn't metagame/spoil yourself, and accidentally made a 'wrong' build choice, time to go fuck yourself in every fight until you unlock the silver bullet!".
They also could've solved it by making less obnoxious encounters, like focus more on cultists and such, and have demons be the lone heavy hitter per encounter, at least until players could reasonably have acquired some kind of counterplay.
>>
I'm surprised the Tian Xia book doesn't have anything for Thaumaturges. Banishing demons and interacting with spirits is basically their thing after all.
>>
>>93701329
sounds lame anyway here's magical girl, cultivator, and furries
>>
>>93699282
None of the things you're describing are actions with the fire trait, so they all work.
It specifically says actions with the trait.
Strikes typically don't inherit the traits of their damage or weapons.
The flaming rune isn't an action.
>>
>>93700685
Nice, needs an annotated pages/toc though (not a unique problem among the pdfs).
>>
>>93701282
PF2e has for the most part replaced "Resistant to All Damage except for X" with "Weak to X"
>>
>>93701282
>>93700584
I would simply not make a character ill-suited to fighting demons if I'm going to play a campaign about fighting demons.
>>
DM wants me to start at level 9 with a duel class caster/martial class which seems kind of overpowered to me
anyone ever run something similar? does it get boring?
>>
>SF1e session
>get dropped 2x Mk 5 Frag Grenades (lvl 14 items, we are lvl 8 at moment so far above our level)
>soon after we get attacked by swarm
>decide to use frags because we are kinda low on other kind ways to deal with swarms
>2x 10d6 and half more due swarm vulnerability to aoe
>swarm easily succeeds at its reflex saves against grenades so half damage
>total damage dealt to swarm: 32
>it has over 90hp
So we ended up having to flee against that swarm, and in practice spend 16800 credits in grenades. Fun. Next time we are selling that sort of shit and buying fucking fiery ammunition.
>>
>>93701584
There are exceptions though. Quite a few monsters have resistance to everything and an exception is provided. The most common cause for this is incorporeal monsters.

On a completely different note. Tian Xia Player Guide has the Kotodama Bells. They are an uncommon magical item, but they aren't referenced anywhere else in the book and there is no price provided. I assume this means the only way of getting this is the DM giving them to you (but then wouldn't the DM need the price for WBL estimations?) or is there a rule about items missing their listed prices, or is this something that needs to get errataed?
>>
>>93701799
I never fully understood what the fuck the idea was behind swarms. Making an enemy type that barely any characters can do anything about? You can kind of crutch on alchemist's fire at low levels, but eventually those swarms get real HP amounts, and a couple particularly awful ones have resistances and DR as well.
>>
>>93701839
it makes sense to me.
imagining a fighter going 1 v 1 with an enemy is simple, but what if he's just hacking away with a sword at a swarm of stinging wasps getting in his armor and shit it would be annoying and hard to defeat
>>
Thoughts on the Wildfire druid focus mechanically (PF2E)? Seems like very very good crowd control at low levels but scales poorly. I do find it funny that the flame fluff has their anithima as >Allowing unnatural fires to spread
and the special ability is to spread unnatural fires.
>>
>>93701859
I was mostly talking from a gameplay perspective. I've been playing 3.5 and PF for actual decades, and I can confidently say I've not once had fun fighting a swarm. The swarm encounter is always either completely irrelevant, because you RNG'd into having a blaster in your party, or it's the most joyless, frustrating, and obnoxious encounter of the campaign so far.
>>
>sometimes there are threats that you are not equipped to deal with
this is RUINING fantasy RPGs!!!
>>
pf2e
I'm cooking up a noblewoman as a boss fight and her retinue of retainers (read: simps, pic related is a loot item off the goon squad) and I'm considering giving her a combat pet, but unsure what to give her. She's level 8 but the rest of her cronies are level 5. No dogs or my players would never let me hear the end of it.
>>
>>93701954
snake or spider if she's a manipulative she-cunt
raven if she's cool and mysterious and the figurine is overwhelmingly off model
a boar or bear could be funny if the figurine is not super off-model
everybody likes crocodiles
>>
>>93701954
>I'm considering giving her a combat pet, but unsure what to give her
The one in the gimp suit
>>
>>93701933
I get the theory of "this enemy is not for you, escape", but have you ever tried getting the average party to run from a fight? First, the core conceit of the system is that if it's on the map, you're supposed to be able to beat it. Second, even once things start looking poorly, most players I've met in my many years of playing will all but fight each other for the opportunity to be the hero staying behind and covering everyone else's retreat, which means eventually everyone stays behind. Third, most parties are actually also not equipped to run away from anything. The odds of every monster in a given encounter being of a speed the party can escape from, and of an encounter that inspires flight not already having downed or CC'd one or more characters are fairly low, and in many cases monsters will just outspeed you, so back we are to standing your ground.

But more than anything, the gameplay of an RPG should be fun, the challenges should be fun, fights should be fun, and swarms just aren't. For all the pain in the ass of dealing with them, they don't even offer any engaging or fresh gameplay, they're just a blob that moves into you and cripples your character with instant CC. They have no value.
>>
>>93701954
For a Magical Girl? A cute kitty.
>>
File: kanzaki-kaori.gif (2.13 MB, 498x280)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB GIF
>>93701997
She's not a magical girl, the intent was more like pic related. Utterly mortified that the figurine exists.
Snobby princess type who, due to overwhelming traumatic experience from the first act in the campaign, finds herself in a situation where she has massive responsibility thrust onto her but nobody listens to her anyway and in a fit of jealousy and despair challenges the party to a fight. She's generally a pretty alright and responsible person but the party's gotta slap her tits around until she calms the fuck down.

>>93701983
I mean, if you're offering anon.

>>93701973
As above, not really a she-cunt, but ideally she's pretty elegant with a quick temper and watched her mom get splattered by a Pelegox Cube at the start of the campaign
>>
>>93702057
Give her a white tiger pet
>>
>>93702057
from that it doesn't sound like she's really the type to have a combat pet honestly. at least something long-term
I like the other guy's gimpsuit guy idea if you just want to introduce enemy variety to the fight. this already sounds goofy as hell, just make him a blind charging guy that gets bonuses when he or his boss take damage and runs around on all fours
if you're strictly opposed to that or it's too goofy, just give her something completely left-field or catered specifically to counter one of the PCs. presumably she's aware of them and their tactics and she's level 8 so she's not an idiot. if there's a caster she bought a big constrictor snake for the purpose of unleashing it on him and preventing him from casting, or whatever
>>
File: 1717683579364656.gif (947 KB, 600x509)
947 KB
947 KB GIF
>>93701984
For 'run away' fights, I've found that you essentially need to tell the players point blank that they shouldn't be standing around. The way shit tends to work in TTRPGs, by the time the party gathers enough info to figure out the fight is beyond them, someone is either downed or doomed and then you have the rest of the players playing the game of 'who wants to be the first shitter to cut and run and leave X to their fate?' And what did X do to deserve being left behind to die? Probably the same damn thing they've done in every other fight because what else would they even be doing if you haven't told them to run away?

So just make a chase scenario and tell the players that if they get caught it's joever for real for them. My group usually plays along with that sorta thing.
>>
>PF2E
My friends are looking at Foundry VTT to run Abomination Vaults. Is the module in Foundry updated to the remaster rules? Will there be a lot of weirdness if the players are using options from the Remastered Core books playing in Abomination Vaults?
Also just in general anyone here have experience with Foundry and can say whether or not it's worth it? $50 per person is a big ask when we could split $50 to have the content on D20
>>
>>93702519
This isn't as applicable to 2e, but I let my players make Knowledge checks at the start of a fight and if they're too intimidated by what they see I'll let them book it so long as they're not getting jumped by something with overwhelming killing intent.
>>
>>93702613
Only one person needs to buy Foundry, they then host it on their computer(or on Forge) and the players join for free.

(also if your group of friends is close you can just share the purchased foundry key)
>>
I think that the Religion skill and divine magic are reasonably clear-cut in Starfinder 2e. The primary gods of the Pact Worlds are listed down, Religion covers knowledge of them and their faiths, and divine magic originates from these deities. Occultism and occult magic are also easy to understand; they cover everything with an "eldritch" or pseudo-Lovecraftian flavor. There is some Religion and Occultism overlap with Mythos and Mythos-adjacent gods like the Newborn.

Arcana and arcane magic, and Nature and primal magic, however, seem blurry to me. For one, what even counts as "arcane theory" in this setting? My best rationalization is that Arcana and arcane magic represent the great majority of mainstream magic, found everywhere in the Pact Worlds, especially in mass-produced magic items. However, this view of Arcana and arcane magic does not quite cover analyst and anomaly witchwarpers, who are supposed to be unusual.

Nature, which is still Wisdom-based, covers knowedge of "fauna, flora, geography, weather, the environment, natural creatures (like animals, beasts, fey, and plants), the Universe, the First World, and the Elemental Planes." Does this not encompass virtually everything under the natural sciences, everything from biology to physics? Life Science and Physical Science are listed as valid Lore skills, and are presumably entitled to lower DCs, but what is stopping Nature from covering such topics as well? What does this make primal magic?
>>
A friend isn't sure what to choose for free archetype, he's playing a monk using a bo staff, high strength, no free hands for athletics stuff or a shield, has long range trip and his ability scores are all in str, dex, con, wis, with the main focus being on something to fill out his other actions before or after flurry without making the MAP problem worse than it is.
>>
>>93702729
Nature may cover Life Science but if you have Lore it means you have even more knowledge in this particular area.
Same way as Crafting covers Cooking Lore or Religion covers Undead Lore.
>>
Need opinions on a free archetype lads.
Character is a Spinner of Threads Witch (Occult spell list) and I'm sort of focusing on the niche of support and fudging numbers in the party's favor (manipulating fate, etc). The ideas I had so far were Wizard, which kinda seems to be a standout option since it gives access to the Arcane spell list and just more spells in general, which no one else in the party has access to. Other options would be either Rogue for just light armor and the pile of skill feats, Familiar Master for more familiar goodness, or Ritualist since it fits the AP well (Season of Ghosts) and also has really good flavor on its own for a Witch.
>>
>>93702945
Familiar master got an upgrade with the familiar sage dedication in the new tian book, it looks pretty fun and is very weeb flavoured.
>>
>>93702945
Up to what level is the campaign going?

In terms of power between the ones you mentioned it's probably wizard, as you said with the extra spell list. Changes to spell archetyping makes it also a lot better.

I don't think rogue is worth it if you mainly want the light armor. If you're getting hit as a back line mage then there's already been a major mistake by either you or your party. Skill feats are also only good if you already know what you're planning to get.

Familiar Master and Ritualist would be very thematic, which is what I personally enjoy in free archetype games, but that's a taste thing.
>>
>>93702973
I'll take a look at that.

>>93702981
>Up to what level is the campaign going?
By book ranges I believe 12, maybe 13 at absolute most. There is the chance the characters might get re-used after this but I'm not holding my breath.
Fair on Rogue, if I *really* want the armor I can always grab that with a general feat too if I don't just grab tough, fleet, improved initiative, or something. Wizard seems "strong" but given how a lot of the rest of the party are pretty combat optimized having niches outside of the usual library skills an INT character brings seems cool, and familiar master/sage would let me flex into scouting while Ritualist would open a lot of doors (while also being heavily recommended by the AP's Player Guide, for what that is worth).
>>
>>93703006
if you don't have a scout and want to fill that role, then familiar master is a fine choice (witches arent completely screwed if their familiar dies.... right?)

Otherwise I think Ritualist would be my personal choice for both flavor and options
>>
>>93703024
>(witches arent completely screwed if their familiar dies.... right?)
You lose out on the familiar actions from your hexes for the rest of the day, and anything else that requires you to commune with the familiar. But after a long rest the familiar comes back. That is kinda the big reason I went with nu-fates and not resentment; the familiar is a much less obvious target with that patron at least in theme imo.
>>
>>93700685
is the usual place not /nv or /...23 because I am not seein it
>>
>>93703214
Check the Lost Omens folder
>>
>>93685387
Just a stupid wooden door! Good thing I have this missile l...
>FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
>>93688100
I do not understand the "needs to start using shampoo" part, and I desperately desire to.
Is that an insult that's translated from something else? Or is it a saying from a particular region of the world?
I've just never heard it used in the context of incompetence, malice or stupidity.
>>
>>93688338
The Akashics (whether cyber or magic flavored) in PF1e are fucking excellent. A Vizier or Helmsman can even make the godawful PF1 Technology Guide equipment actually usable.
One of my favorites though is... in 5e. The Inventor's a 3rd party with better balance than anything in the core book (a common trait of third party stuff in PF1 too as we well know), where each subclass is its own fucking set of pages and special abilities.
>I just want one big gun? or those Cygnar lightning weapons from Warmachine? Pick Thundersmith. It won't be the top of the DPR chart, BUT I can do those AoEs and status effects all fucking day long.
>Curses? Why the fuck not. Cursesmith. Branch into curse eating, or into maximizing that cursed weapon of yours, or make cursed items.
>Divinity shit? Sure, you can be the guy who makes magic religion items at the temple, or the primal fetishes, or just some random wanker who realized this mystic conduit or shard of divine power or nascent deity or bit of his soul he found or picked up or whateverthefuck would do fun things in this here crossbow or lantern or a giant sword (or whip). Because nothing is holier than a hand grenade.
Seriously, despite it being 5e, I cannot stress enough how fun that class has been.
>>
>>93703396
most of 5e official content is pretty bad, but the base system isn't THAT terrible, it's easy to make a class that gets lots of special selectable abilities a la kineticist and have it be fun and balanced. in fact transposing a pf2 kineticist into 5e would probably be easy. it gets worse the more you rely on the basic combat/spellcasting mechanics
>>
How you can make the most out of Animal Companion? I'm considering build a Druid but i'm afraid of the heavy investment and little reward also is Order Explorer worth?
>>
2e
what's the best way to get fireball on an occult-list witch
I must have it. I can't live without it. it's my favorite move
>>
>>93702945
Wizard is good just because you get to pick up a bunch more spells to use in terms of scrolls and staves. My witch just recently picked up rogue dedication and I can say it's payed off really well so far, the armor especially. Psychic sounds it might fit you flavor wise, since you can pick up the ability to use Guidance as a reaction to change outcomes, or even just spam it more often to nudge the odds.

What's your stat spread look like? Wood kineticist is another option if you have the con. You can either go protector tree for one of the best support abilities in the game, or pick up the wood armor with free wooden shields and the ability to shield block. You get access to vitality damage elemental blasts too.
>>
>>93703575
Different anon, but I have to ask, is tempest surge actually a good spell? It doesn't seem that impressive to me at a glance.
>>
>>93703592
It's a solid focus spell, 1d12 per level is fine and clumsy is a strong condition thanks to it fucking up enemy AC in a way that stacks with off-guard.
>>
>>93703575
You are right is another body i'm just afraid the minion dying and i can't recover till 1 week later, still the idea of a buddy that's not an eidolon but still good is nice, you have any suggestion for animal? From what i saw Capibara, Pangolin and Bird seems good
>>
>>93701984
The d20 system was the source of much of this.
>AD&D: Avoiding a problem may get you as much or more XP than fighting it even, especially at low levels with some classes.
3.X onwards though? Movement, skills and senses were all based on hit dice same as combat capabilities.
>If you can't out-fight it, you're likely also less mobile than it. Maybe not ALL of you, but then you're abandoning the party to their doom.
>If you can't out-fight it, chances are it either at least beats the stealth checks of most of the party, or may simply have senses that negate what you thought you even have - something you may learn too late.
>If you can't out-fight it, you may still get lucky if you DO fight it. You can't run, you can't hide, but you MAY be able to hit it in the face until it fucking stops.

Now a BIT of that can be blamed on both DMs and adventure paths: So many encounters don't exist until you're VERY close to each-other, like shit had just popped up in old NES games.
>Speaking of which, remember how whenever the fight matters in old videogames, those can't be run from either?
But when running risked being a waste of actions while you all get pounced and full-attacked one at a time, when sneaking wasn't a sure thing that you may only learn too late and wasn't working equally for everyone at all...
The party's BEST chance of survival against greater threats from 3.0 to the ends of Pathfinder, was to stand and fight with all they had.
Never running is a behavior learned by what natural selection did to everyone who tried.
>>
>>93703627
It is kind of stupid that the classic trope of "sneal by the sleeping dragon to steal its treasure" just doesn't really exist in games like this.
>>
>>93703658
yep they're pretty bad games
too bad they're the only ones current year dwellers enjoy
>>
>>93703627
It really wasn't all that different in AD&D either.
>>
Been cooking a new dragon for 2e for my cringe-ass homebrew setting due to the new design style the core dragons are going for, with the concept being "swamp dwelling fire primal dragon"

The current big design concept is that it revolves around leaving a bunch of poison aoes with breath weapons and other abilities it gets as it ages, then has a reaction to detonate the poison aoes as fire damage.
The issue is trying to cover a good design for it and naming it.
>>
Any good archetypes for social stuff? I feel like what I want is something similar to Dandy, but the flavour and style for that doesn't really fit, but something in that sort of vein.
>>
>>93704009
It's basically Dandy and Celebrity. Unironically check through firebrands and see what archetypes got new feats and you'll find about two thirds of them there.

Except firebrand braggart for some reason.
>>
>>93704009
Twilight speaker is cool if you can get a GM to just ignore the requirement of being an elf from a tiny niche ethnicity
>>
Warpriest is so feat hungry, I feel like I'm choosing which feats I could live without rather than what feats I want
>>
>>93703528
We just hit 2 and are using the gradual ability boost rule so
10 STR 14 CON 12 WIS 16 DEX 18 INT 10 CHA
Its not all locked in yet though so I might pivot the +1 to WIS instead of DEX and grab the other at 3.

I was considering Psychic since I can make that INT, but I know Nudge Fate and Guidance don't really stack as they are both status benefits and Nudge Fate just feels like better Guidance outside of the chance to make a crit happen.
>>
>>93704225
That's a way better problem to have than what most casters have to put up with.

>you don't need good feats because spells are your feats
>>
>>93683719
Inventors also get this as an initial modification; anyone else can take the multiclass archetype to get it as an 8th level feat.
>>
>>93704386
The good thing is you can use both on different targets, and the Psychic guidance gives you a focus point, range increased to 120, and makes it a reaction, something you probably aren't using right now as a caster. The focus point is important because it lets you refocus as a psychic, so if your familiar does die, you don't lose access to using focus points. You could also have nudge fate on the wrong person, which isn't a problem with the Psychic cantrip. Now, how often this will actually come up for you to have both is dubious, but it seems like it fits the theme along with being a strong option.
>>
File: gauntlet.png (182 KB, 770x514)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>93688378
If you'd be using a single one-handed weapon anyway, Transcendent Deflection justifies taking the archetype by itself. Negating one hit per encounter, no questions asked, just for the price of breaking your gauntlet? Sign me up.
>>
File: sword beam.png (1.66 MB, 2049x972)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
>>93688378
In any game I run, Sword-Light Wave will cost only one action, but require you to be at full hit points.
>>
>>93704578
Make it one action at full health and two actions otherwise.
>>
>>93703834
it breathes out a gas that's highly combustible. its teeth are made of metal (or a similar substance) and when it snaps them together it sparks and detonates the gas with a chomp
players can harvest its gas sack and use it to create the gas and if they're feeling ballsy they can ignite it with either a spark or just chucking a torch in it
I haven't actually seen how to train your dragon so I don't know if that's already in that movie
>>
>>93704894
no, we don't need variety
kitsune are female-only and rely on human males to reproduce
>>
>>93704909
Only in your head.
>>
Is just me or the Tanuki Ancestry looks really fun and good? I really look forward to play one
>>
>>93704922
no it's canon
>>
>>93704894
>Its weird to compare the Lightsword Wave with the Magical Girl's sword beams.
Starlit Sentinel's bolts may be pretty fucked in terms of coherent writing, but the fact that they are in the same book with "Level 6 feat for 2 actions for 60ft of spirit damage on an archetype with no sanctification" really shows how they do not organize their teams at all...
>Also need fox boys
Sorry, anon. I may be a 2efag but I'm not that gay. I can really only provide twinks or fembois on that end and even then in super short supply. Even Corruption of Champions 2 only have two of those fucks, which says something.
i will never not be mad at how much they fucked over Berwyn. i will be that gay over that.

>>93704901
>spoiler
Do have those, even if a lot of it would be Tiki Fire Emblem, Illulu Dragon Maid, or downright >>/trash/ content!

>>93704928
Yeah, they went above and beyond on Tanuki! In terms of the Furry Race War, seems like Paizo put their money on the big ball squad over mofus.
I do find it funny they can become ammunition, and you can just perma-kill your own ally by firing them at a foe by RAW standards.
>>
>>93705069
I'm actually a huge fan of how dragoblood came out, though I'm not too terribly torn up about Dragon Disciple biting the bullet for it. Especially because my current kineticist is half dragon for a mummy's mask port.

honestly I was kinda aiming for a redhead look, like fairy knight tristan from fgo or ERB from hololive, but I'm open for more visual suggestions and refs you might have on hand.
>>
>>93704962
Then I'm sure you can cite it.
>>
>>93705223
don't make me do your homework for you
>>
File: 1647905279940.png (6.53 MB, 2786x2834)
6.53 MB
6.53 MB PNG
>>93704976
I'd be happy with twink or femboy kitsune if that's all you got, I've got a few of my own in the folder.

But yeah it's kinda fucked how unbalanced shit is. Also unbalanced is the amount of art for different races, I think there's only like 3 or 4 kitsune depicted in the book(and oddly like half of them have human faces but fox ears? Did they forget that Kitsune are anthros or fully human looking under their own stupid canon?)
>>
>>93705238
I already know it's wrong, so why pretend?
>>
>>93705313
>6.53 MB
how the fuck did you upload an image larger than 4MB
>>
>>93705480
As a thaumaturge I just wanted more foxfire feats and equipment.
>>
What the fuck
Stop erping
>>
>>93706045
rip. was fun while it lasted I guess.
I've been trying to make guns work but the weapons desperately need that crit chance.
>>
>>93705528
/tg/ has a higher limit than most other boards to facilitate art threads.
>>
For the Yaoguai, one of the pictures is labeled as a "Born of Nature" Yaoguai. There is no Born of Nature heritage for the ancestry. My guess is that originally "Born of Elements" was called that and they forgot to change the pictures label.
>>
>>93705528
You just do, /tg/ size limit is 4MB for some file types (such as webm) and 8MB for others (such as png).
Don't try to deduce why, it's completely arbitrary, just like autosage limit of 310.
>>
File: TanukiCute.png (300 KB, 467x616)
300 KB
300 KB PNG
This Tanuki is wife
>>
My Human Cloistered Cleric of Sarenrae just hit level 3, should I take light armor training or is there any other feat I should look at? My dude has the Medic archetype too right now.
>>
Do any leakfriends have their hands on the second book of Curtain Call yet? In particular I'm hoping someone could post the article about Arshea they promised.
>>
>>93706416
I can do the crop thing I've been doing, but according to >>93706045, the only guy willing to post content got reported and banned. So I'm not exactly willing to take my chances tonight. I'll see how things are going in the morning.
>>
File: Arshea stats.png (600 KB, 939x1325)
600 KB
600 KB PNG
>>93706416
>>93706443
Alright I can give you the crunch part of the article tonight and I'll compile the fluff stuff in the morning.
In exchange, post cute girls that won't get the thread nuked.
>>
>>93706506
and yes, I'm fully aware there are literal transchaser items in this. I am at least 90% sure that wasn't the intent. It's still really fucking weird.
>>
>>93706521
Given paizo's history of weird fetish shit I wouldn't be so quick to call in unintentional.
>>
>>93706551
I think after four completely different trans-affirming items in the span of two months, someone's dick is getting hard at gender-bend fetishism.
>>
>>93706392
Nothing else is going to have the immediate effect that +2 passive AV will. The only thing that maybe competes is Fleet.
>>
>>93706521
>extremely sweet, delicious cake that slowly transforms you while you eat it
No this is 100% someone's fetish. It even comes with masturbation breaks built in, and a "corruption" mechanic where the changes come back more easily the next time you try it.

If Serum of Sex Shift is the "actual trans person" potion, and Elixir of Gender Transformation is the "no imagination self-insert" potion, Euphorium is the autogynephile potion.
>>
>>93706551
>>93706559
as a gender bender brained individual, for me, the fetish is mostly loss of control and humiliation so the "yeah I'll willingly do this" combined with nothing bad coming of it like -4 str or anything of the sort just does nothing for me. it only works if it's the result of a curse or punishment or mistake or something and thus not desired by the character
I really don't get the point of these items besides a weird transexual angle that I just don't jam with and seems like it has no meaningful place in a rpg. if you're a weirdo that would be more comfortable as the opposite sex I don't know why you wouldn't just play one from the jump instead of making it a cHaRaCtEr ArC or whatever. I don't think it's a normal gender bender fetish-centric inclusion. the HRT potions are definitely not
then again I also do not engage my fetishes at the table and hate it when people do
>>
>>93706632
Calling it euphorium is a bit on the nose.
Might as well call it goon juice.
I get to tap my x card regardless.
>>
>>93706506

I was actually hoping more for the fluff, but thank you for this as well, I'm glad I could start more pointless discourse.
>>
>Free archetype (your first archetype doesn't lock your free archetype feats)
>Dual class
>Ancestry paragon (can use one of the two starting ancestry feats to get a versatile heritage IN ADDITION to the normal ancestry heritage)
>Gain a general feat every odd level
>Gain a class feat each level (for each class, so 2 each level)
>Relics
>Classes that normally don't get one gain a 1st level feat
>Gradual ability boosts
>Free background creation: choose between: 3 skill feats, 1 skill feat and one general feat, 1 class feat from any class. get 3 free ability boosts. get two skills and a lore
>Old voluntary flaw rule
>Spell potency runes
I'm putting together a maximum FUN campaign, is there anything I'm missing
>>
>>93707076
Spell points
and throwing out the
>NOOOO YOU NEED TO LET US HEAL YOU CANT JUST ROLL RANDOM ENCOUNTERS EVERY 10 MINUTES
nonsense.
>>
>>93707076
>Dual class
You know I've never actually thought to try doing gestalt in 2E. How does that stack up power wise compared to 1E? And to answer your question the only thing I can think of is ABP.
>>
>>93707105
>spell points
never looked into it but from a quick search I didn't find anything impressive
>throwing out the
>>NOOOO YOU NEED TO LET US HEAL YOU CANT JUST ROLL RANDOM ENCOUNTERS EVERY 10 MINUTES
>nonsense.
that's already my gming style
>>93707114
>ABP
I don't think I'll do it, but I'll definitely give out more treasure. Not sure how much but it's one of the easier things to adjust as you go
>>
>>93707226
If you're gonna do it you gotta diy it.
Toxic positivity and jerking off over being a strategic genius with vancian is gonna suppress anything so revolutionary or bold as allowing caster players to slowly convert their daily powers (spells) to encounter or at-will powers, as they did in the game that forms the blueprint for this one.
>>
>>93707293
i have no interest in d&d 4e. i dont see how having a spell point system achieves what you describe, but having some sort of spell recovery is a good idea, like a refocus also giving back slots.
>>
>>93707415
That's more or less what I did.
I saw two problems.
The first was that focus points are a great idea, but they're vestigial and underutilized. The hard cap of 3 seems remarkably stingy.
The second is that without quadratic advancement, a casters low level slots quickly become pointless housekeeping because the action value proposition quickly becomes awful.

So what I did was fold everything beneath the top two ranks of spells into the focus pool. Rank 2 heal costs two points etc.
And then refocus restores half a casters level rounded up number of points.
So a level 7 cleric can cast (prepared) rank 2 heal five times with their ten points, then refocus, then cast it twice more.
Which frees them from the tedium of treat wounds, but they'd likely still use higher rank slots in fights because actions are precious.

I am half way through a kingmaker game with this system and It's been great.
Will it still be great when the players have access to unlimited uses of rank 6 and 7 spells?
Probably, because at that point they'll be fighting ancient dragons, and casters with freeze time and quandary.
>>
>go on the pf2e subreddit
>find an innocent post asking something about the game
>reply answering their question while also slightly criticizing the game
>get 40 downvotes and two replies calling me an idiot
who else here /devious/
>>
>>93708185
I habitually downvote every topic unless they're actually creating something good or raise a good point. The usual Paizo dicksuckers and shit opinion havers also get a downvote no matter what they say.
>You're not one of them, are you?
>>
>>93708185
is /pf2e/ that bad?
>>
>>93708185
on a good day you can get the same experience here
>>
File: GRGxk3UW4AAEqPY.jpg (62 KB, 600x844)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>93706506
Euphorium is just the serum of sex shifting but a cake instead.

Potion of Passing Fancy could actually be pretty useful for an instant disguise since the whole point of it is not being recognized(frankly its bizarre it doesn't give a disguise DC).

Reflected Beauty seems ripe for fucking with people(and given that it lasts an hour but only while within 30ft of the target and its a spell from the Orgy God, probably LITERALLY fucking them).
>>
We are currently playing a custom Starfinder 2e adventure, testing out the zero-g and magboots rules. "Fight an asteray flying around the ship while walking around the top, sides, and bottom of the ship using magboots!" sounds very cool, and something similar is brought up as a possibility in one playtest scenario. Unfortunately, the zero-g and magboots rules are unclear in many fields, and we are finding it extremely cumbersome to try to keep track of such a three-dimensional space (with a top, bottom, sides, and even indoors) on a two-dimensional battle map. It is highly awkward and bringing the game to a halt.
>>
>>93708230
Reddit in general is the cloaca of the internet.
>>93708477
I've found that three dimensional combat really only works in systems that are designed around it from the ground up. Trying to retrofit it into a game where the default is to be fighting on a flat plane and maybe going up or down stairs during combat just becomes a mess.
>>
>>93708530
>three dimensional combat really only works in systems that are designed around it from the ground up
It works when things like distance are abstracted. PF handles distances and diagonals awkwardly, what with everything happening on a grid, but you use feet instead of squares, and then diagonals count double for every other square. This is already a pain in the ass to do without digital tools once you get past the distances you can just eyeball, e.g. using a large burst spell and having to calculate where to place the center for maximum enemy coverage. Having to do this in 3D space without a grid reference, on a flat plane, like most maps are, can't work. At least not well.
In systems like 4e, where everything is abstractly measured in squares, and diagonals are ignored, it's much easier. PF2e probably could've dropped the feet system entirely. It's already going full gamist, why not streamline distance as well while you're at it?
>>
>>93708862
Gotta use second diagonals if you don't want to end up with the abhorrent radial cube.
>>
>>93708886
I love the radial cube!
>>
>>93708477

Well, that took a while. My main takeaway is this: The best-case scenario when encountering the zero-g rules is for the PCs to do everything in their power to avoid using them, such as by using jetpacks or magboots.
>>
File: Arshea fluff.png (2.96 MB, 2148x2652)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB PNG
>>93708446
>>93706764
Here's the Arshea fluff. The cropping got a little goofy so this abomination of a crop job is what I've got.
>>
>>93709617
>arshean priest
>fully clothed with not a slut window in sight
Man they're out of touch
>>
>>93709714
I just keep looking at the Dogma and Worshippers section and seeing the May I bit and asking myself if this is some kind of elaborate parody, though I know it isn't. I'm honestly kind of surprised the priest doesn't have a manbun.
>>
>>93709714
implying that people obsessed with sex are sluts is mean and bigoted
>>
>>93709617
Much appreciated!
>>93709728
It tested better than, "Fuck you, take it you little bitch-slut!"
>>
>>93709617
Alright look, I know this term gets thrown around a lot here, and not always justified, but you can't tell me this isn't supposed to explicitly be a tranny god. The opening fucking sentence contains the phrase "imprisoned by their own bodies", I mean come on.

>>93709714
Hey, only "many" of Arshea's faithful dress provocatively. Maybe this guy just happens to be the rare prude.
>>
>>93709806
I don't *mind* tranny god, especially when it's tucked away in its own little article like this. It's not like paizo didn't make the nightmare child rapist god in 1e and give them stats too. In fact I think the fluff parts of the article are fairly tasteful and reasonably written while still trying to describe what is effectively a sex cult. What I do mind is the weird trans-fetishism that comes across from the crunch parts, especially the cake and the fact that the 4-dose sex shift potion are passed around at what is very clearly orgies.
There's "God who supports trans people" and then there's "sex god who goes uncomfortably into detail about the euphoric high of transitioning and fronting as a different gender" and that second one is far less palatable.
>>
>>93709617
>>93709840
I feel like its if you hit Slaanesh with an alignment reversal and then dialed up the hermaphroditism parts
>>
>>93709735
>>93709806
I expect the priest of a sex empyrean laced with author fetish to look as slutty as a twink from a hoyoverse gacha game, whether they actually are sluts is irrelevant.

Arshea was always pro transitions and "finding your true self" or whatever, but I don't know if they ever got this much text dedicated to detailing them.
>>
gorum OU T arshea IN
I love pathfinder and paizo!
>>
>>93709886
now, be reasonable anon. This was in the back matter of the literal theater AP. We know damn well Mary Sue herself Arazni is taking Gorum's spot anyway.
>>
>>93709886
"Problematic" gods who glorify things like violence and murder get kicked out or defanged (Zon-Kuthon, Lamashtu), and replaced by soft boy hugfest y'all are valid gods like Arshea.
>>
>>93709866
Please understand you can't just slap a Slaanesh cultist image with little cloth and suggerent pose in the book, in this year and age, that would be bad for the customers LUL
>>
>>93709908
Wait, I know Asmodeus got slavery scrubbed out of his portfolio but how was Zonny boy re-educated?
>>
>>93710154
Merged with Shelyn so now it is tranny god of art and redemption or some gay ass shit like that.
>>
File: zonshelyn.png (67 KB, 650x769)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>93710221
in starfinder, Zon Shelyn is a fusion dance of Zonny and Shelyn after Shelyn nearly died fistfighting an outer god. Actually more like a god of grunge art and punk rock more than anything now.
>>
File: drow lady.jpg (208 KB, 1473x2121)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
So what's the opinion on a lot of starfinder just reintroducing a lot of things that got scrubbed out of pathfinder in the remaster? Caustic Conversion just being acid arrow, Void Elves just being Drow (but their own ancestry again), etc.?
>>
am I missing something or is 1e solarion kind of a shitty class
>>
Unironic fixes to the game

>Wizard
Just give them expert casting at 1, master casting at 7, legend at 15, there you go thats wizards gimmick now

>Fighter Dedication
Grants instant access to expert weapons at level 2, 12th level feat gives access to master

>Summon X shit
progression is now
-1, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17
but the creature also gains the elite template on top of that
>>
>>93709840
It really depends on the presence of other gods. There's no god - to my knowledge - of BBC, or hypermuscle, or big tiddy goths, or latex, or transforming into a diaper, or yaoi. No god throwing orgies where it's revealed that your true self is actually an anthropomorphic wolf with neon blue skin. But there is the gender bender/trans fetish god, randomly thrown in.
>>
>>93710495
>summons
The real fix is to just use templates, but the fix I've been using is pl-3 instead of pl-4 at the first level you could cast that rank of spell, so it has some access to use in any combat ever beyond just being a giant wad of hp. Still not great against bosses.
I frankly don't feel particularly great about bumping summons up to pl-2, because that's roughly where animal companions are, statistically speaking.
>>
>>93710495
>fighter dedication
proficiency fuckery on archetypes outside of "weapon familiarity" has been straight up phased out so I don't think feating into master weapons is gonna fly, fighter either needs to be "treat martial as simple or pick one advanced to treat as martial" or else just straight up give you a level 1 fighter feat. I'd comment on wizard but "just bake spell blending and spell sub into the base class instead" is the only suggestion I can make because I memory holed the rest of that class.
>>
>>93710597
I think Spell Sub would work great as a class feature, the issue is that you're then removing one fourth of the wizard's thesis options.
My current running homebrew idea is to make a few more theses and THEN make Spell Sub a core class feature.
>>
>>93710610
I'mma be real homie I do not respect most of the way subclasses work in the system so that's not really a downside to me. I still look at alchemist and wonder why the fuck bomber isn't just core functionality
>>
>>93710585
Summons are already fine with Ostentatious / Explosive Arrival. At level 20 we're talking 20-25 AoE no-save damage you can control the element of. Is it worth it to burn a 9th-level slot to summon a Melomach who effectively does a Whirlwind Strike's worth of damage with Explosive Arrival when it lands, then hastes an ally, then fishes for a grapple or 60-damage crit every turn? Yeah probably, it seems fine.
>>
>>93710655
level 20 does not matter and using it as an excuse for 95% of the other levels feeling like absolute shit is not intellectually honest
hell levels beyond 10 barely matter to the vast majority of players
>>
>>93710652
with remaster its a lot less horrid on alchemist, having infinite acid bombs now. But I'm more concerned about removing options if I cram spell sub into the base classs.

>>93710655
Yeah sure a melomach for Haste, but my bigger issue is players bestiary trawling while looking for designer mistakes makes my fucking hair hurt as a gm, or the infinite "I know it's uncommon but-" isms of particular and flavorful summons. (sidenote god fucking dammit whoever wrote the elemental dragons and weeb noodles as uncommon). Additionally, there's 19 other levels it'll take like a year plus of gameplay to get through. "But level 20 tho" doesn't excuse 1-18 being dogshit.
>>
>>93710221
>>93710240
Oh the space expansion book, don't care lmao
>>
>>93710668
Okay but they're even stronger before 20
>>
>>93710532
It's not like its unique in ttrpg settings, pretty sure Forgotten Realms has at least one god who's worshippers get up to gender bending stuff(I think the main elf god generally shifts their gender/sex constantly and there's at least one goddess who's clergy is female only and they'll genderbend any male who wants to join?).

Also wouldn't Urgathoa be a goddess of big tiddy goths? Isn't her thing undeath + hedonism for the most part or am I remembering that wrong?
>>
>>93708477
>>93709584

What is the clumsy value, are the clumsy and off-guard conditions directly attached to untethered or a direct result of being in zero-g, how long is the untethering from a critical success on Trip, are Leaps considered horizontal or vertical, do magboots remove untethered even while not on a metal surface, are magboots actually enough to keep a character walking on a starship in motion (It Came from the Vast seems to think so), etc.
>>
>>93710597
>I memory holed the rest of that class.
but you didn't memory hole anything? the class is literally the arcane spell list and you can blend slots
>>
>>93710873

>how long is the untethering from a critical success on Trip
In particular, consider a critical success on a Trip against, say, an asteray flying under their own power. How long are they untethered for?
>>
File: occultist.png (363 KB, 793x769)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
if you were to make an Occult Researcher wizard would you make it a thesis or a school? or would you skip the entire fucking-with-it process and just make it a class archetype that lets you swap in the occult list as a wizard with normal wizard features otherwise
>>
Any advice for a Conrasu Wood/Earth Kinetecist? Thinking Beastmaster archetype for a like a worldturtle mount and Elemental Familiar for a squirrel and just being like a small ecosystem. Shame of it is the Earth aura difficult terrain would fuck up the mount's movement without Safe Aura.
>>
>>93710897

New thread btw
>>
>>93710154
People complain about that but Asmodeus and Cheliax switching from regular slavery to indentured servitude and sharecropping is more thematic.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.