[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Connor.jpg (84 KB, 800x1002)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>Previously in the Mortal Realms:

>>93674161

10 months, edition

>Official AoS website:
https://www.ageofsigmar.com

>Downloads, Rules Errata and FAQs:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-downloads/

>Tools
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/
https://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

>Anvil of Apotheosis hero creator:
https://aosg.github.io/

>Booru:
https://ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

>Thread question:
What is the least boring faction to read about?
>>
>TQ
I am incapable of reading.
>>
>TQ
>>
>>93689865
DoT. Life with T. is exciting. Imagine that every day upon waking up you need to check what species you currently are and how many eyes too many you have.
>>
>>93689865
>TQ
That implies AoS lore would be worth reading in general
Just read the foot notes how the faction you're interested in came to be and fill the rest yourself. Probably will come up with a better read too
>>
>TQ
Didn't read the question
>>
File: 1676214763311629.jpg (1.07 MB, 1920x1080)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>93689865
>>
>>93689865
Overdetailed lore is for uncreative spergs. The most you need is the blurbs available in your battletome and then the rest of your lore should be of your own making. Makes you care about your guys for more reasons than rules and encourages creativity in modeling that otherwise is completely vacant if you're just building/painting kits as is
>>
File: 1711307958006804.png (512 KB, 480x640)
512 KB
512 KB PNG
>doesn't show up
>>
>>93690115
>write /yourdudes/ as fanfic tied in with the broader setting
>broader setting betrays you by being complete ass
>this means that you are uncreative
Well, yea, sort of. Only in the sense that a more creative person would have spent their effort on something better than a war-hams fanfic. But I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with people who write war-hams fanfics, some people are less creative than others.
>>
>>93690115
Counterpoint: Imperial Armour books and the Bligh-written (not Anuj) black books. Kinrade, Cottrell, Bligh, and even Fox did very well with fleshing out quite a lot of interesting things without really going into over detail where it was unnecessary. Aside from equipment specs or TO&E, or the Karl Kopinski illustrated singular examples of wargear and a small amount of contextual fluff about the individual portrayed.

Maybe you could count it as over detailed but the in-universe perspective of the writing is very close, if not matching, to our own world's military history publications (that are good).

To tie this to fantasy, or at least to WHFB, the book 'The Loathsome Rat-men and All Their Vile Kin' is amazing, and I wish I had gotten it as a kid (along with the Chaos libers and other books of that nature) but I'm glad they did the reprint of it. Again, it's done in-universe and packed with details and just great stuff. If they did something similar to that for AoS and it was good, I'd buy it. Written from the perspective of an Azyrite about, hell I don't know, Ghur? Maybe it's an exploration of Ghur. Or Ghyran. Or the fall of Anvilgard. Something that isn't just Black Library trash that, for some reason, people love. I read that book about the Ghyran stuff with the one guy, who wasn't a witch hunter but similar? It wasn't bad, but in the last 1/4 of the book it became absolute shit. Absolute shit. And this is coming from someone who likes continually disparaged Ian Watson.
>>
>>93690237
>Dios mios, mucho lorefag text autismo
In all seriousness, blurbs for each mortal realm in the most recent core book are pretty sick. They're all from the perspective of someone dwelling within that realm and feel pretty immersive and interesting without fleshing out details to an autistic detail. It gives just enough without writing away /yourdudes/ potential. Nothing is more frustrating to me than the whfb meme of "your lizardmen could never be fighting these guys, because lizardmen are from lustria and that's too far away from PotatoSacklandia"
>>
>>93690290
I’m sure there is a valid reason your faction could fight anything, but not having clear geography just makes the setting worse
>>
Why the hell did Pestilens and Eshin not get a refresh for at least the next 12 months?
>>
File: 1711349666186566.jpg (123 KB, 826x878)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>tq my faction is the most interesting, your faction is gay and boring.
>>
>>93690448
They've determined that the avg player will spend x amount at one time when they do these range updates. So they split them in half and stagger them so they can sell them to you twice.
>>
>>93690448
Could these clans get anything besides the range refresh ?
I suppose eshin could get a dedicated wizard
Pestilence could get their own manifestations in form of incantations
>>
>>93690448
because they're prime warsqueak material
>>
>>93690448
Because GW clearly has preferance for what they want Skaven to be and those aren't it
>>
>>93690448
Skryre and moulder got boosted in popularity by secondaries
>>
So, is Lumineth getting a nerf any time soon?
Passive -1 to hit debuff is too good
>>
>>93690677
skryre and moulder were always the most popular
>>
>>93690685
Well, they said army rule changes aren't coming till around the 6 month mark.

I dont doubt it gets some kind of nerf though, only working on a 3+ or limited to one unit per turn or something. It currently makes all of destruction and about half of death and chaos hit on 5s against potentially their whole army. Definitely too strong, only being drowned out by the nighthaunt nonsense at the moment
>>
>>93690723
People have been bitching about it since they showed indexes, you're bitching about it now, and then they've won a bunch of tournaments so its not drowned out at all. People are acting like NH is 1st battletome fec or slaanesh, its not at that level.
>https://woehammer.com/2024/08/22/top-three-aos-lists-for-border-war-2024/
there's some dumb ogre blob beating two nighthaunts every week, if you want something getting drowned out its that.
Anyway whatever, shining company isn't too strong its the stupid fucking dawnriders that's the reason its a problem, and its not even the only thing they dump more points into wind temple crap because that's broken too and it just shoots and scores for you all game while being untouchable, and stupid severith is doing 3 dam rend 3 vs your 500 point warmaster monster. Then the stupid calligrave auto summons purple sun with no roll in your turn so he's just the best wizard in the game.
>>
File: 20240822_202103.jpg (7.56 MB, 6980x3927)
7.56 MB
7.56 MB JPG
Ratz, I like the green on black, I think I'll redo to green cloth.
>>
>>93690685
Come on it's not that bad, they really need that. If you remove it they'll only have a 3+ save and mortals on crit please understand
>>
File: Spoiler Image (81 KB, 341x800)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>93690774
>>
>>93690774
What did you use fro grey fur ?
>>
>>93691015
Apothecary white over a white basecoat and then dry brush ulthuan grey
>>
>>93690774
These turned out great anon, good shit
>>
File: 1724326863297.png (431 KB, 920x950)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
>>93690772
>zooms into your foot hero
>fucking obliterates him
>zooms out
Nothing personel, kid
>>
>>93690774
I would redo the skin first it doesn't look good.
That's a scheme since you did a really good job on the metals.
>>
>>93691053
who the fuck is taking foot heroes this edition?
>>
>>93691140
NOOOO YOU NEED NAMED BEHEMOTH HEROES FOR MINIMAL DROPS!
>>
Anyone got a copy of the Spearhead rules they wouldn't mind sharing?
>>
>>93689865

>TQ

I have zero interest in lore generally, /mydudes/ are how I imagine them regardless of what any writer says.
>>
>>93691168

Just get the app bro, the rules are all in there.
>>
>>93691168
...aren't they literally free on the app?
>>
>>93691140
I dunno you might take a necromancer.
>>
File: 1721704150712.png (158 KB, 324x320)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>93691140
Me, because I'm a Fyreslayers Chad.
>>
>>93691186
>>93691188
Oops. Cheers lads!
>>
>>93691140

Soulblight.
Torgilius is an autoinclude, and the various vamps all have their uses/fun abilities.
>>
>>93691140
kruleboyz wizard
>>
>>93691140
I unironically refuse to play non-infantry heroes.
>>
>>93691223
torg is build specific and dude cost 200 points.
>>
>>93691272

If I bring lots of skellies, zombies or wolves I bring Torg, simple as.

Only case where I might not is a Blood Knight list.
>>
How could the Ogrecord get it so wrong?
I thought Ogors were less than mid
I though Irongyatt and Tyrant stonks were toxic
>>
Do cavalier heads fit on the relic envoy? He looks tiny
>>
>>93691178
based

aos lore is rubbish anyway, the best bit about it is how its open enough to do your own thing instead of latching onto GW's generic corporate fiction
>>
>>93691140
How many armies can currently avoid taking foot heroes and not miss out on good buffs
>>
>>93691335
>fling the reinforced stack of gluttons/ironguts at the opponent turn one, using butchers run'n'charge bonus
>opponent gets stuck in a tarpit that chips away at him and can simply counter charge if he attempts to flee
>bring the rest of the army to the opponent to finish the job, while slurping up easy battle tactics on your way to 20 - 0
>...
>profit
>>
>>93691411
I'd feel comfortable skipping them in slaanesh, skaven, nurgle, obr.
>>
>>93691411
oh sylvaneth also.
>>
>>93691411
Idoneth kind of can between Volturnos and Eidolon, but they have a couple very good foot casters that are hard to pass up on
>>
File: PSX_20230316_142711.jpg (2.98 MB, 4904x2565)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB JPG
>>93691140
Only the chads
>>
>>93689441
Never understood this critique. WFB has plenty of room for campaigns. The world history is written and detailed, but there’s so much room in the gaps to make your own stories all over the map in non canon breaking ways. I mean yes, it’s easier in AoS because the realms are nearly infinite, but at the same time the drawback of that is that nothing really matters in the AoS world. If Order faces a crushing defeat, it doesn’t really matter because it’s as if order lost a grain of sand in the sea of the realm. Whereas even a small village in WFB has more impact than a massive citadel city in AoS outside of those guarding the realm gates. But then you’d be fighting a battle that would also alter canon.
>>
>>93691546
Your last sentence is the entire problem with Fantasy.
There is no space to do anything because everything is accounted for. For fucks sake they even hard limited the number of steam tanks. You can't have your dudes when every elector count is named, every Duke is named, ever karak is named and has their own king, etc etc.Every major city is named and you know they aren't going anywhere. Campaigns were you say 'in OUR version of the Warhammer world XX happened' are cringe as fuck.
We have the writers on the record saying 'it was hard to think of reasons for factions to be at places and fighting each other' and these are the people who could just hand wave whatever they wanted and it would be canon.
>>
>>93690509
Eshin could get a stormvermin "elite infantry" equivalent, see Triads
>>
>>93691335
No one ever said Ogres were 'less than mid' after they could actually see the scrolls.
The tyrant is still terrible.
Ironguts are less efficient that gluttons but that just makes them slightly less great, not bad.
BCR is terrible, but in almost every book around 35 to 65% of the warscrolls are useless so that's kinda par for the course
>>
>>93691140
If I'm painting em I'm takin' em.
>>
>>93691695
Based and correct
>>
File: 1714140912976565.jpg (274 KB, 1000x992)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>
>>93691680
>The tyrant is still terrible.
he's does a useful thing in a winning list, so he isn't.
>>
>>93691774
Doing a whole table of derelict kharadron ships like a ship graveyard seems like it could be a kino setup
>>
>>93691667
I mean, that just isn’t the case. You don’t have to have an elector count leading your forces. Your guys can be any number of named more minor nobles troops. That’s like saying there’s no room for cities of sigmar creativity because the black ladies forces are canon. You completely ignored what I wrote about the details being left blank intentionally. I don’t know why so many of us AoS players push this logical fallacy. Someone made up an argument that everything down to the most minute detail in fantasy is written so you can’t have your own troops. Literally every single army has plenty of room for creativity and making your dudes. Be it dwarfs from a minor Karak, a band of undead led by a wandering vampire, a Bretonnian Barons forces, an Empire nobleman’s expeditionary force or local garrison etc etc etc. We all love AoS here, the models are amazing. But the lore is still pretty weak and attacking fantasy with lies doesn’t strengthen the lore. We should be demanding better of AoS writers, not coping about how we need infinite space to make our dudes. Otherwise AoS will never actually achieve mainstream interest. Notice how no AoS video game has ever garnered anything but the most minor of attention, before dying off quickly. The average person just doesn’t care about the lore and/or thinks it’s dumb.
>>
File: max-fitzgerald-goblin.jpg (559 KB, 1349x2538)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
>>93691846
KO scrapyard would be a kino setting to explore in general
>>
>>93691140
Me because CoS is practically designed for it, and I didn't trust that the Luminark would stick around. Bully for me.
>>
>>93691871
Could prolly buy the cheapest ko boats you can find on ebay and saw them in half lengthwise and throw a bunch of platforms from warcry or the old goblin town set linking them up
>>
>>93691852
>With lies
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eSgtqUCTpi0&feature=youtu.be

Fact is none of the anons here, are the average person, given that we spend copious amounts on plastic. The lore does matter, to writers and to players. Also, all the AoS games so far, sucked mechanically. They failed at being games first and foremost.

Now before this derails the thread with endless shitposting, I don't think what AoS has done is any different from 40k. Yeah a single galaxy is 'theoretically' limited, but in practice nobody is going to name every single star. The reverse is true for AoS. Nobody gave a shit about the east half of Aqshy, but everybody cared when Anvilgard fell.
>>
>>93691989
Did you really link an interview with the guy who killed fantasy and was paid to write an end to fantasy? Might as well link Hitlers speeches to justify what they did against Jews lmao. His own bio has him self described as a manager and designer rather than writer. Of course the guy who was heading the IP at the time is going to justify his action.
At the end of the day when it comes to the vidya. Most of them were poor games, but the setting itself is completely uninspired and fantastical to the point of it being fantasy dragon ball z. Mainstream just doesn’t give a shit because there’s no grounding or stakes in the setting. Might as well call most of the Gods Saiyans considering they walk around and there are so many of them. The world God in AoS has no gravitas, much like the setting, broadly speaking. AoS has a lot of potential, but they need to hire competent writers and world builders and players need to stop accepting slop and creating defense leagues to justify their purchases.
>>
>>93692114
>are you just going to directly ask the guy who did something why he did it? lmao
is this autism?
>>
>>93692114
Everything you say applies to WHFB and 40k, anon. Its all slop, its all not grounded bullshit. That's part of the charm. There are grounded elements, obviously, but WHFB had the issue of being not small while still not being grounded. Its why it had 20 years of failed vidya until Total War and Vermintide came along. There is no reason 40k or WHFB can get good vidya while AoS cannot.
>>
>>93692161
He did it because sales were poor so the company mandated it. That’s the fault of GW mishandling the IP and making the game insanely expensive to get into. That’s why Old World exists today. Because after TWW they realized that fantasy actually has mainstream appeal unlike AoS. Fantasy wasn’t killed because it constrained writers, it was killed because it wasn’t making the money they wanted. It’s a business and he’s a suit, not a writer.
>>
>>93692174
*of being small
>>
>>93692174
Fantasy is very grounded relative to 40k and AoS. Half the factions are directly analogous to human civilizations. There is one planet with defined territory. There are stakes and a reason to care. AoS should work towards actually having stakes and consequences. The abstract nature of the lore may be convenient for writing new stories, but it also means the stories lack any actual consequence to the setting. AoS has the cool models, now it just needs a good setting and we will all be set. Again I say this because I want AoS to be better, and I am echoing common complaints against. Unless you work for the AoS team there’s no reason to defend it, ask for better and even demand it. That’s the only way you’ll get a response from a corporation.
>>
>>93692177
>WHFB had mainstream appeal only after 20 years of failed games which retroactively made it slightly more mainstream
This is pure copium. Anything gets new mainstream appeal with a good game. The logic you use to justify AoS not getting a good game due to setting is easily debunked when looking at 40k, which is even more fantastical than AoS is. Its copium by "grounded" fans that ignore how most of the mainstream fantasy IPs are ungrounded slop too. People can make grounded stories out of it.
>>
>>93692203
>40k is less grounded than AoS
>
The mad cannot be reasoned with.
>>
>>93692198
And yet Fantasy was and still is a joke compared to 40k, which is not grounded at all. My point is that your metric of "more grounded = better" makes zero sense. You are giving common complaints, but they are complaints that are laughable when contrasting 40k's balls-to-the-wall insanity and raging success to Fantasy's complete failure until Vermintide and Total War.
>>
>>93692207
Dude. 40k literally has in-lore reasons as to why melee weapons are more powerful to use against Daemons than guns are to justify why swords are still used often. This despite the Imperium loving melee combat long before Daemons were an issue. 40k also still has grimderp elements like millions of serfs living inside ships for generations and using literal giant rope to push and pull heavy equipment everywhere.

It's all fantastical bullshit with rule of cool. That's the point. AoS is more grounded by comparison due to the lack of grimderp.
>>
>>93692213
40k is ( was ) relatively grounded. Before the recent 41k slop with the primaris and primarchs it was a grounded sci fi setting. In what way do you claim it wasn’t? All the races had logical reasons for existing the way they did. Unlike AoS you didn’t have 100 Gods walking around and having DBZ battles everywhere. I think you both struggle to understand what grounded means. High tech doesn’t mean fantastical, futuristic doesn’t mean fantastical. AoS lore is like a shitty fan fiction of Warhammer fantasy done in the style of a Greek epic.
>>
>>93692228
Again, it’s not ungrounded to imagine massive titanic ships housing millions upon millions. That’s a question of technology. AoS is like an anime or MMO setting, you don’t have logical or sensible in world reasons. It’s all fantastical bullshit.
>>
>>93692203
>Anything gets new mainstream appeal with a good game.
reminder whfb failed despite getting a triple A mmo and a triple A rts.
>>
>>93692236
>That’s a question of technology.
you mean magic.
>>
>>93692240
And yet despite being dead for almost a decade before returning Fantasy has far more fans worldwide as a setting. AoS just doesn’t connect. If you want to continue down the road of mainstream disinterest and eventual death, then keep defending the setting and don’t demand better from GW.
>>
>>93692230
>40k is ( was ) relatively grounded.
In what world do you live in? How is the Battle for the Abyss grounded where the captain turned down his ship's shields just to test his ship's hull in the middle of the battle? The initiations for new Space Marines where they find perfectly good aspirants only to make them do retarded tests for funsies? Manually loading space ship guns with thousands of serfs instead of a pulley system?

40k literally began as a meme by the developers. It made zero sense, and was not grounded at all.

And sure, little walking Gods, but a lot of demigods that are near Godhood and do a lot of ridiculous shit all the time. Like the time when Khorne cut the head off of every person on a planet when it declared peace for funsies. Very grounded.

WHFB is a shitty fanfiction of Tolkien. And that's fine. It doesn't have to be anything more than a shitty fanfiction. My issue is you acting like that shitty fanfiction is somehow better than the shitty fanfiction of AoS. Let alone that it being more grounded is somehow a good thing when 40k is insane and has done infinitely better than Fantasy.
>>
>>93692255
zzzz I dont care, so fuck off.
>>
>>93691871
>>93691913
Theres a shit tonn of "steamounk terrian" both physical and stls, making a fallen skyport terrain board would be trivial
>>
>>93692255
Not true, actually. AoS by almost all metrics has far more interest and attention than WHFB. Especially now.
>>
>>93691989
>all the AoS games so far, sucked mechanically. They failed at being games first and foremost.
How is that even remotely true? it was a great game from firt ghb to roughly mid 3rd ed, warcry is pretty much the only fantasy skirmish game woth playing currently
>>
>>93692236
You didnt explain what the difference is?
>>
>>93692255
>despite being dead for almost a decade before returning Fantasy has far more fans worldwide
Soure: the deepest depths of anons asshole
>>
>>93691503
He died for our sins
I see no nails
>>
>>93691780
Logical fallacy
>>
>>93692532
someone who actually plays, so not you, chose to put him in because they thought he was good and then put up results that were good. The logical fallacy if you denying reality based on your own theory of what should be despite what is.
>>
>>93689865
>TQ
>>
>>93691852
> details intentionally left blank
Yes tell me about the unnamed elector counts. Or the unnamed Elf Kingdoms. Or your BS excuse as to why a lizardman player is playing a dwarf player. Or the 'copious' blank space in the Empire or Bretonnia or the World's Edge Mountains. The only blank spaces in the old world were the nation's they expressed no interest in adding armies for (Not India, Cathay, Nippon) or wasteland areas like the Chaos Wastes or Dark Lands. And once again, you can't refute that the WRITERS THEMSELVES said 'we are hemmed in by this setting.'
As for 'demanding better writers' it isn't going to happen. GW has never had good writers, and certainly never had even decent writers for Fantasy. Whether for their background or the published books. Nor should they. Just give a broad background and leave hobbyists room to do their own thing without running into walls of 'well that's not canon.'
>>
>>93692114
> no grounding or stakes
> so people don't care!!!
What the fuck does this even mean. No one has stakes in the setting anyway. Fantasy was never grounded. You could never effect the background or setting of Fantasy in literally anyway. I don't get this joke of an argument.
The only 'stakes' you could have is the models you bought.
>>
>>93692595
I dont think it matter that much, for me fantasy is ruined by the "heres some cool stuff, but we are going to ignore it" philosophy. We have steamtanks, but theres only 8 of them, we have skaven, ogres, lizardmen, but we are going to focus on fucking empire of all things, we have night goblins who have their own indentity and vibe, but will focus on wolf rider goblins who have nothing of note going on
>>
>>93692624
the stakes argument is indeed dumb, but for a different reason.
Until fairly recently neither fantasy or 40k had a "current time" as something of note.
All noticible events they made into campaigns and wrote books about were stuff that already happended some time in the past. Mordheim have been destroyed for several centuries before the "modern time", Azhag and Grom were dead for all their history as characters
>>
>>93692568
See
>>93692532
>>
>>93692675
WHFB had 'current timeline' special characters since at least 4th edition (see Teclis in the 4th edition HE book) the fuck are you talking about 'no timeline.' For thirty years there was a 'present time' in Warhammer Fantasy. In 6th edition the Storm of Chaos campaign was set in 'the current time.' While there were some 'historical' special characters they were very much in the minority compared to special characters who were explicitly alive in the current time.
>>
>>93692293
Total War Warhammer has more hits on Google by itself than Age of Sigmar. I hope the anon you're replying to is talking about Warhammer Fantasy as an IP because in that case he's right. Obviously more people are playing AoS tabletop than Fantasy.
>>
File: 8565582.jpg (1.32 MB, 1661x2240)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>In the name of the tax code, advance! Go forth and charge them the legally required rate!
>>
File: 1711293270554741.jpg (555 KB, 640x834)
555 KB
555 KB JPG
>>93692943
why are they so cool
>>
>>93692984
they're not, its an aesthetically repulsive range played by waacfags who endlessly complain every time they can't waacfag with it.
>>
>>93693039
You're a joyless faggot who only engages with this thread because the only emotion you're susceptible to anymore is ragebait, and by the pathetic circumstances of your life you now find it in getting mad over plastic toy soldiers on a Taiwanese fishing board.
>>
>>93692930
>Total War Warhammer
Sorry for an off-topic but I've read somewhere (possibly on /aosg/) that for whatever reason Games Workshop doesn't allow Tzaangors in Total War. Anyone knows more details?
>>
>>93692930
Fair point, I didn’t think of checking TWW. If you count that with WHFB searches then AoS is dwarfed. But you’re right, more people play AoS than fantasy, but more interest in fantasy.
>>
File: 1714682979476670.jpg (159 KB, 840x1020)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>93693039
they are cool and you are gay if you dont like them.
>>
>>93693077
Games workshop doesnt allow Fantasy and AoS stuff to mix, with exception for demons
>>
>>93693079
GW for the past decade has had a fetish in relation to copywrite. It’s why Ogres are Ogors and elves are Aelves. They want to own the concept for everything they sell. Tzaangors are completely unique to their IP, and so they want to keep them limited to their main games. Namely for advertising.
>>
>>93693077
No, they are in Total War, they just don't use the AoS designs. GW are just retarded and no longer allow any overlap between the Warhammer franchises for any reason, see: squatting of Beasts of Chaos just so they can use them in The Old World.
>>
>>93693058
the only emotion you're susceptible to anymore is raging humolust you giant fagoid.
>>
>>93693093
And Skaven. While Skaven aren’t a core faction, they did get a rules PDF released for free on their website.
>>
>>93693088
nagash marines are fucking dumb and they're full of random bullshit ideas mashed together that both don't work, and are horribly executed.
>>
>>93693135
thats factually incorrect. they are one of the most creative undead that i have ever seen
>>
>>93693098
Anon think of all the lost jobs if you could use one army for two games

>>93693135
Agreed, most embarrassing army by far. I don’t understand why anyone would play them if it wasn’t for WAAC faggotry.
>>
>>93693098
>>93693093
Thanks for replying. (BTW do you think AoS Tzaangors are monotremes? It would explain everything about their anatomy.)
>>
>>93693148
I could splat a bunch of paint onto a canvas and call it “ Apotheosis of the Soul “ and people like you would jerk me off for my creativity. They’re cringe. Even more so than the orange diaper dwarves.
>>
File: 1712080841713797.jpg (1.13 MB, 1574x2160)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
>>93692984
They're a novel take on the undead, by technically not even being undead.
A mortek isn't anyone revived, he's a new creature.
Using dead matter to make new body is something you do every time you eat, so if a guy made of someone else's calcium is undead so are you for reusing dead animal's proteins.
>>
>>93693148
they aren't creative, le ebinbonetithe is entirely derivative with vampirism, that the undead parasite off the living, not surprising since they stole their units off of soulblight.
>>
File: Poultry-Farming.jpg (127 KB, 1000x500)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>93693180
Parasitism requires the parasite to keep the host alive.
Killing things for their resources is either hunting or husbandry, depending on wheather you keep the thing around for a while or not
>>
File: 1715715332090729.jpg (711 KB, 912x1312)
711 KB
711 KB JPG
>>93693180
can you at least pretend you know what you are talking about?
>>
>>93692984
>why are they so cool
Because you think they're undead "chaos warriors", but they aren't, mortek are smaller than a normal skeleton and unlike in that picture they have lips and noses
>>
>>93693220
They can have whatever the fuc they want for the face, that's the whole point of boneshaping.
>>
>>93693241
Too bad the kit is rather limited to that extent!
>>
>>93693281
That's sort of how physical roducst work.
They couldn't make 200 different heads and insert 20 random ones in every box + they unit should be consistant with itself, because that's how units in organized militaries work
>>
Army that I like: Based and SOVLful
Army that you like: Cringe and soi
>>
>>93690398
GW really should map out more continents on each of the realms, maybe at huge distances from one another to increase the scale and scope of the world.

Right now EVERYTHING that happens in each realm has happened in those same teeny tiny areas we have maps for
Which is kinda retarded that everything from this gigantic half sphere the size of multiple planets in diameter has so much shit packed into the same half planet sized area.

Expand the setting, do a 200 or 300 year time skip where all order factions establish themselves in new continents and scatter all the other factions around these new places as well. They have the whole magic realm gate portal thing that allows instantaneous travel to another corner of a realm so its not impossible.
>>
>>93693307
They didn't need to make 200 different heads, just 20 good looking ones
>>
>>93693332
>Which is kinda retarded that everything from this gigantic half sphere the size of multiple planets in diameter has so much shit packed into the same half planet sized area.
The important areas of our world are a very small fraction of each continent

I cope that way
>>
File: 1677605946359058.jpg (191 KB, 635x775)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>93693332
AoS is told from the Sigmarite point of view, so Stomcast and CoS.
For all we know there's a massive centuries long war between Tzeench corrupted Fyreslayers and Mezoamerican Ogors happening in Aqshy right now and noone from team Sigmar has ever heard of it
>>
File: YHETEES.png (391 KB, 462x492)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
I choose to believe this is a sign of what's to come.
>>
>>93693664
I'm going to take the mention of mordheim as more important than a forgettable unit of a forgettable faction getting a plastic remake
>>
>>93693664
what is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>93692595
>I have to have a REALLY IMPORTANT CHARACTER FOR MY DUDES

Pretty cringe worthy.

Anyway, there's no real limitation for when you make /your dudes/, so you can look at WHFB in a pseudo-historical way, kind of like TOW, but it could be even more expansive and far-reaching. As an example, the War of Vengeance could be an entire campaign of Elves vs Dwarves where /your dudes/ can partake. Sure, I'll grant there are restrictions for that, as in nothing technologically greater than a bolt thrower for dwarves, but it's the first example I could think of. Also, these are /your dudes/. You can choose Wargear for them, you can give them different weapons, mounts, magical items, magical banners, etc. These choices actually have an effect in-game, and again you choose them. No army half made out of heroes that are "auto-include" because your army won't function well without them, or because that's all they have on the roster.

Again, I reference Imperial Armour. Those conflicts meant absolutely nothing. They didn't change the setting. They didn't save or destroy Cadia. Even the Badab War was a small, isolated conflict that involved a fuck ton of stuff happening. They often were set a couple centuries in the past of 40k, but that certainly can't be done now with the focus on Primaris.

You don't need four Steam Tanks either. Steam Tanks were actually dangerous and effective (with better rules in WHFB), and were rare. I miss when vehicles (in 40k, admittedly) were vehicles and had actual, different rules and mechanics that treated them as more than just a larger infantry piece. But that's an aside.
>>
>>93693135
How would you potentially fix them? I like the pike phalanx idea, honestly. Of course, AoS doesn't take advantage of those kinds of things at all because its melee rules are simplified trash. OBR seem very Alexander/Phillip II Macedonian to me with the phalanxes and the cavalry. The artillery is nice, but I wish they'd encourage artillery in general for siege battles and the like instead of regular ones.

I think I would add bows or javelin throwers to OBR. Add in lower, generic officers that would give a bonus or something to their attached unit, maybe. Add in another cavalry type or two, with at least a lighter cavalry option.

I do think, with those additions, it would mainly be focusing on their rules to have them function as a force built around pike blocks. Of course, as rules become more streamlined and bland, it won't matter. Nothing matters.
>>
>>93693716
>You can choose Wargear for them, you can give them different weapons, mounts, magical items, magical banners, etc.
I mean, AoS artefacts were a big thing with a shit tonn of them in 2nd ed, they squatted it, together with all the fun tho
>>
Getting into FEC, painting my dudes up. Looked over the warscrolls and such, and I assume they work similar to DoK in that you have to play some buff/debuff game to get damage done? Whats the go-to units/heros for the faction?
>>
>>93693716
You type so much but what is your point? Spare me the wargear argument. If you actually played you would know war gear load outs always turned into the best options for attack/defense/suboptimal mix. And there were 100% auto includes and units you never saw. I don't know what rose tinted glasses you are staring at WHFB with. You sound like some TWW secondary who never actually played. You reference the old Imperial armor books. GW still releases campaign books (more in 40k than AoS or WHFB)
>>
>>93693708
5'o cock
>>
File: 8565649.png (1.55 MB, 715x1000)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
>>
>>93693894
Wait wtf I thought I was posting this in /mtg/
>>
>>93693894
Archaon solos
>>
>>93693875
It doesn’t really matter how many wargear options a unit has, there effective number of loadouts you can make is only ever going to be around 2 or 3, those options being “the best one”, “the cheapest one” and “the situationally good one that’s sometimes better than the best one”
>>
>>93692930
The vidya itself has way more attention than the actual IP. Total War is WHFB fanfiction, which is cool; I play it too. But it only gave a small bump to WHFB as an IP overall.
>>
>>93692277
Even if it's trivial that doesn't make it any less cool of a concept
>>
>>93692943
These look cool but the models are just a joke HAHA GRINNING SKELETON WITH A SKELETON NOSE!
>>
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/08/22/new-shows-and-more-coming-to-warhammer-this-year-plus-our-biggest-ever-giveaway-with-warhammer-40000-space-marine-2/

>Loremasters will be joined by some fresh takes on Warhammer wisdom. Adding a competitive element, new quiz shows will test our guests’ know-wotz – do they know their Rippers from their Ripperdactyls? Delivering a less frenetic but no less illuminating experience, we’ll also be sitting down with some of our most experienced scribes, in exclusive interviews with Black Library authors on the worlds and characters that their books explore.
A return of long-form author sit-downs is good. They haven't really done those since VoxCast/StormCast ended.
>>
>>93693664
>wombat patrol
Okay I'm listening gw
>>
>>93693716
Dios mios, mucho texto autismo
>>
>>93691353
yes but with some shaving down of the collar, i saw a guy at my lgs do it and it looked pretty ok
>>
>>93691335
Where are these list statistics?
>>
>>93694052
I didnt say it wasnt cool, just comment with a bit of encouragment
>>
>>93693875
>>93693926
I can honestly say I've never understood this complaint, which is the same in 40k (and Mordheim) and during 2001-2005 when I played those three, I had a good group of like-minded people who went more for interesting and fluffy choices instead of THE BEST. I guess it helped that the group also played historical wargames which has a non-existent WAAC/tourneyfag mentality (aside from Bolt Action now, which is slightly sad since it's the most widely played WW2 wargame). Inb4 rivet counters and other such nonsense, as God forbid someone want some accuracy in historical games and literally, and I repeat literally, no one here has encountered anyone who plays such games, if at all, who would say that since you didn't paint your Waffen-SS with picture-referenced camouflage down to its placement in the correct shade of Bloody, Muddy Ground that they hate you and you should never touch another historical miniature. Literally no one. I have encountered more autistic retardation over Warhammer 40k from "lore"faggots at the FLGS (who get even the most basic shit wrong or reference memetics like Kriegsmen never routing) than I ever have from the Horus Heresy players who, at most, have said that they don't want to see Primaris in 30k, as in the obvious Primaris stuff but bitz are fine as long as they make sense, and don't want something like pink Iron Hands, which is 100% reasonable.

Sometimes I think you guys never played, or just played pick-up games or something. I don't want to call anyone a secondary or anything but jeez, it's just constant repeats of the same shit over and over and over about game systems that stayed pretty consistent for over a decade when modern releases keep getting rewritten and changed every three years because, well, I don't even really fucking know. And, people still say shit about disagreements in these games when they're so disgustingly mechanically simple and written to be understood by the least mentally capable among us.
>>
>>93694233
I ain't reading all that but I'm happy for you, or sorry you went through that
>>
>>93694254
Stop. It's unfunny and retarded.
>>
>>93694094
Grungni's duardin should have giant wombats
>>
Which YouTuber has the spiciest takes on Skaventide flopping? I need something to listen to while I paint.
>>
>>93692174
WHFB was so detailed you could name specific shops on specific streets in Altdorf and had clear historical bloodlines of rulers over various provinces.

AoS has stupid shit like Steampunk dwarves in airships with guns fighting actual conan the barbarians and losing because the game forces actual floating airships to apparently fly mere feet off the ground so barbarians could fight them.

I get what your trying to say, but the level of "grounded" or at least realistic fantasy in WHFB is still worlds better then both AoS and 40k.

AoS both hasnt been around enough, and the writers dont care enough, to actually give the setting anything close to the depth of lore the other two have. Its ok to like AoS, but dont try to pretend it has anything to work with like the others.
>>
>>93693894
>Them
They made Bolas non binary now?
>>
>>93694346
Hammerhal has more lore than 99% of cities in wfb
>>
>>93694346
>AoS has stupid shit like Steampunk dwarves in airships with guns fighting actual conan the barbarians and losing because the game forces actual floating airships to apparently fly mere feet off the ground so barbarians could fight them.
How is that any different from a dragon or a gryphon being beaten by orcs?
>>
>>93693664
>mordheim
Oh no no no. That game has flourished globally with a strong community and homemade management. GW redoing mordheim is going to be potentially very very bad for them. I feel anxious for Mordheim fans. Best thing GW could do would be to bless the current die hards with some new models or terrain and leave the game alone.
>>
>>93694357
Different characters (Niko Aris, not Nicol Bolas.)
>>
>>93694622
If that's the case then it's completely irrelevant what GW does since they're already doing their own thing and GW doesn't sell any Mordheim things at all and hasn't for years so it wouldn't even affect what's available to those people currently
>>
>>93694622
Necromunda seems to be fine
>>
>>93694666
The last thing Mordheim needs is autistic 40k or AoS players showing up at their events. No insult meant ( I obviously play AoS ) but the crowd for Mordheim is 100% chill people who are there for the narrative and to have fun. I can already smell the predominantly 40k powergamers ruining those events.
>>
File: IMG_4415.png (417 KB, 828x1792)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
>>93692293
Oh no no no no. When you add searches for Warhammer fantasy it really shows how minuscule age of sigmar mainstream interest is to fantasy.
>>
File: IMG_4416.png (293 KB, 828x1792)
293 KB
293 KB PNG
Total and complete fantasy IP victory
>>
File: 1686582242468498.jpg (789 KB, 1638x2000)
789 KB
789 KB JPG
apparently we are getting blacktalon season 2. that's neat.
>>
>>93694818
>An AAA game franchise with 3 games
>60/40 with a nieche tabletop game
>>
>>93694893
>inb4 it's the same character arc all over again
>>
>>93694897
Anon that’s sorting by AoS interest. That’s the most favorable split for age of sigmar in any country. 40%. The other end is a fantasy IP blowout.
>>
>the only people who care about fantasy are nomodels nogames secondaries

Sounds about right
>>
>>93693148
Lmao
>>
>>93694910
You compared one of the biggest video games and compared it to the IP itself. The IP is "Warhammer Fantasy" or "Warhammer Fantasy Battles". Not "Total War Warhammer".
>>
File: PXL_20240822_205210592.jpg (665 KB, 2598x1890)
665 KB
665 KB JPG
Might be a dumb question but I can't find an answer anywhere, at conventions like NOVA Open or Adepticon, do they usually have a floor for open play for 40k, AoS, and other games? Looking to go to NOVA but I can't swing it till Sat/Sunday, and it seems like some games have scheduled open play times. Want just get a game or two of AoS or Warcry in (why the fuck did they do the tournament on a Thursday?)

Pic related my WIP Gorger I want to bring and hopefully play with
>>
>>93695121
Thats a sweet paintjob
>>
Do any kits have ogor skulls or other ogor bones
>>
>>93694803
>total war warhammer
>>
Anyone willing to share Era of the Beast for Soulbound?
>>
>>93694482
>Dragon or Gryphon actively want to fly down and use their claws and teeth to tear apart their enemy
>Kharadron have literally flying airships that have cannons and gun crew, they can hover 10 feet up and be literally untouchable while they shoot the piss out of everything.

What kind of retarded comparison is this? Why would any overlord ship fly close enough to let any infantry engage them in combat? Overlords are literally forced to be the stupidest faction in existence just to justify other factions being able to even try to fight them, its so stupid.
>>
>>93694893
>>93694903
What was the resolution of the weird chaos dopleganger plotline?
Was she chaos all along, or no?
>>
>>93695467
she was chaos and her friend and ally did actually kill her multiple times to prevent her from finding out the truth, but she realised it doesn't matter because she's got a duty to do.
>>
File: lalDS6m.jpg (106 KB, 561x800)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>93694346
WHFB had robot horses, nuclear bombs, flying ships
>>
>>93695775
that's art by blanche but not art for whfb
>>
>>93695775
>Robot horses that still actively wanted to get into combat or could be charged by other fast units
>Giant nuke spells that weren't in the mini game, just in the lore
>Flying airships that WERENT the basis of a playable faction

Which faction of Warhammer Fantasy was allowed to deplo a bunch of flying ships in the mini game, causing the stupidity we see in Overlords? I'll wait...
>>
>>93695802
Dwarves also had multiple styles
>>
>>93695840
Gyrocopters/bombers existed and the only reason you didn't get anything else was because by the time the technology was there the game was dead. A metal gyocopter is one thing they would never make a large metal ship with a flightstand
>>
>>93695403
They have to lower themselves enough for troops to descend and complete objectives. The ships are there as covering fire and to help them beat a hasty retreat if needed.
>>
>>93695857
all very exceptional
>>
File: IMG_4417.png (706 KB, 828x1792)
706 KB
706 KB PNG
>>93695094
>one of the biggest video games
>
Kek. Total war is actually a rather small game brand/IP. Right now Counter Strike has almost 800k online with a daily peak of almost 1.3 million.
>>
File: IMG_4418.png (1.23 MB, 828x1792)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>93695094
>>93695916
I guess compared to the latest AoS vidya it is insanely popular, but overall it really isn’t. As you can see from the chart average dailies over the last year went from 15k players to 25kish players. The reality is that a player base that small generates more interest on google trends than the entire AoS tabletop fanbase. Consider what that means about the popularity of AoS.
>>
>>93695916
The people that want the whole map/city management aspect are better off playing Civ or EU and the people that want better battles would rather play a "regular" rts like age of empires or StarCraft
>>
>>93695916
Total war is pretty much the only living RTS franchise tho
>>
>>93695949
I agree, it pulls lower number than the AoE 2 remake. I’m just making a comparison to show that a game with a player base that small is able to solidly generate more google interest than AoS. Which says something about how widespread the interest is in AoS. There’s nothing wrong with liking AoS, but to claim it has mainstream appeal that even approaches fantasy as an IP is deluded. The other total wars ( historical non fantasy ) struggle to get 10% of the already small TWW playerbase.
>>
>>93695968
Still coping into the stratosphere, huh? AoS is the IP. Warhammer Fantasy is the IP. Total War Warhammer is not the IP. TWW obviously is bigger than AoS as a game system, AoS still mogs on WHFB as a game system.
>>
>>93695879
>They have to lower guys, which is why they have to hover mere feet from the ground all the time

Fucking retarded and you know it, dont put a faction in a game when all you have to do is come up with stupid scenarios in your mind for why they dont just hover 10 feet off the ground until they need to drop lower.
>>
>>93696162
>the game set it in the IP isn’t the same IP as the tabletop game
Kek, yes I am the one coping. Do you feel the fear creeping up your neck?
>>
>>93696162

Dude's baiting another thread with the same shit. Save yourself the effort. Can't fix retardation and bitterness.
>>
>>93696185
Not really. I can clearly see that nobody gives a shit about "Warhammer Fantasy" by itself by looking at search history. I am scared for you though, seeing as Total War was unable to save your franchise. Do you need professional help?
>>
>>93696227
>GW destroys Fantasy before Total War even got popular
>Its now insanely popular
>They literally bring back fantasy with the flagstone two factions being the most popular factions played in total war

How fucking retarded do you have to be? They brought back the Old World primarily because of how insanely popular the Total War series was. It literally saved the franchise you stupid shit;
>>
>>93696517
>with the flagstone two factions being the most popular factions played in total war
LMAO no, Bretts and TK aren't even close to being the most popular TW factions.
>>
>>93696517
i really dont think any of that actually translates into tabletop interest though. i havent seen anyone playing it at my flgs since ToW came out, and the old world product section on the shelves look like no one has bought a box since they got their initial stock, or at the very least they are having zero trouble keeping it on the shelf unlike AoS and 40k.

most people are playing 40k and spearhead. some folks play marvel or infinity. theres a mech warrior group but they've been around forever. a couple dedicated conquest fans. those are about the only games i see and its a big store, they just had an 80 player 40k tournament in the store. still have yet to see a single game of fantasy played.
>>
>>93696517
>bring back fantasy with the flagstone two factions being the most popular factions played in total war
>Bretonnia
>Tomb kings
Huh?
>>
>>93696560
They aren't the most popular, but they were the most marketed.
>>
>>93696601
So dead that GW themselves said they are expanding the scope due to unexpected interest.
>>
>>93696775
>They aren't the most popular, but they were the most marketed.
No, no they weren't.
>>
>>93696781
So we're just believing what GW says now? You do realize that GW also said that AoS has also only rapidly expanded, right? No matter how you frame this; AoS is GW's second greatest game currently. TOW is doing well for itself, but isn't in AoS' league yet.
>>
>>93696781
>10 people bought it when GW was expecting 5
>unexpected levels of interested
It's all good though, after the initial release, they've put out, what four new models?
>>
>>93696797
I’m not saying nor did I ever say fantasy is as popular as AoS. Objectively AoS is GW’s second most popular game by a long shot. I was saying only from the beginning that fantasy has more mainstream appeal, and that I hope that AoS writing improves to bring in more people and interest by appealing to a more grounded fantasy fan.
>>
>>93696836
i think its funny how much people keep calling age of sigmars writing bad and fantasies writing good and have never actually read either.

like the guy who was in here the other day saying how dumb the mortal realms are and then when asked what he thought the mortal realms were it turns out he hadnt read it, and was making up headcanon fanfic and then hating his fanfic and calling the game dumb because of it.
>>
File: oF2fBfO.png (2.66 MB, 2160x1440)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB PNG
Daily reminder to worship the best goddess
>>
>>93696836
Didn't the other dude point out that 40k is way less grounded and yet BTFOs Fantasy out the water in every metric possible? Also, Fantasy stories isn't something more appealing to begin with. Its alright. I read that one Bretonnia story where he time travels with the Wood Elves in Athel Loren. Meh.
>>
>>93696881
You don’t need to read novels to be turned off by the wider setting. The problem isn’t the granularity and detail of age of sigmar. It’s the broad strokes that cement the world into the type of fantasy that it is. Once again, you can continue to deny and claim it’s great ( which you may even genuinely believe ) but ignoring the widespread sentiment of people who tell you why they can’t get into AoS isn’t healthy. If you want to gatekeep and keep it the way it is, fair enough. But denying there is a problem for many many people is silly.
>>
>>93696918
The other dude is retarded and his argument boiled down to high technology is magic. Therefore 40k is less grounded than AoS. It’s nonsensical and no one who isn’t blinded by their love and need to defend AoS would agree.
>>
>>93696922
> It’s the broad strokes

like what?
>>
>>93696932
Okay. But that doesn't change the fact that 40k is infinitely less grounded than Fantasy, and BTFOs Fantasy in every way. So being more grounded seems to be a detriment, not a boon here.
>>
>Total War
>A game where each new game gets progressively worse than the one before it and will never return to its glory days and actually make something good
>Releases a redone version of a previous game

>Warhammer
>Destroys its old game to make a shitty new one and each new one is worse than the previous and will no doubt be worse in the future versions too
>Releases a redone version of a previous game

Which company will break first before it realizes it needs to return to better output that isn't streamlined with nowhere near the mechanical depth older games/systems had?

Oh, almost forgot.
>Both companies produce literal DLC and physical "DLC"
>>
>>93696949
The mortal realms fundamentally. I’ve already explained yesterday and today. I’m not rewriting this shit again. The infinite ( not actually infinite but effectively infinite ) planes with an effectively infinite amount of settlements and points of interest combined with the dragon ball z power levels of everything/everyone combined with the shit load of Gods walking around doing shit to the point of making the term God lose all meaning in context of the setting. It’s too abstract, and too much like an anime that’s on its 800th episode. No stakes, no consequence, and too open for the sake of selling new models and writing stories around the models they want to sell and not the other way around. Also the worst naming schemes in any fantasy setting ever, that reek of 2010’s marketing being at the forefront.
Now that I’ve said the negative. Let me put out the positive. They can use the lack of detail and openness to good use and actually ground the stories, characters and stakes. AoS is set up to be whatever the company needs it to be to sell models, so they have the freedom to ground it and make the stories something that people can relate to, even broadly speaking.
>>
>>93696967
40k is also sci fi. Which is a much more mainstream genre than fantasy. Look at the most popular fantasy setting of all time, Middle Earth. More grounded than ever Warhammer fantasy by far.
>>
>>93697001
ahhhhhhhhhh

it makes sense now. you ARE that guy from the other day.

hahahahaha. schizo railing at his own headcanon is back for round 2.

lol
>>
>>93697001
I'd say do something with Anvilgard and its fall. Something pretty minor, really, but could shake up quite a bit. Everything GW does with AoS has no impact on anything at all, which can be good if they want it to be a setting, but it's suffering the same problem as modern 40k is where they want it to be a narrative and progressing story. Now, I'm definitely not saying to have something like Cadia's destruction (which didn't really do much at all except bring about a ton of shit so the company could make more money with more boring shit like Primaris). Everything ends pretty much the way it begins, but each new thing is hyped up (of course) to be [SYSTEM] CHANGING and then nothing happens.

Anvilgard was betrayed and then claimed by the traitorous snake (haha) Morathi, but did that change anything? Morathi, who was "with" Order has zero consequences for this. Anvilgard is no longer Anvilgard, but whatever the new name is. Humans were sacrificed and enslaved by the traitor. This should have pretty far-reaching consequences from the betrayal alone. Crusades should be raised in vengeance. Sigmar should be pissed. The Stormcast of the city should be pissed. Yet. Whoops. It's rat time.
>>
>>93697014
In terms of a critically-acclaimed book series? Yes, grounded fantasy tends to be waaaay better than high fantasy. WHFB is nowhere near that. Its just slop, like AoS and 40k. Its junk food. And that's alright.

In terms of everything else? High fantasy BTFOs stuff like Lord of the Rings. Forgotten Realms rakes in way more cash than any Lord of the Ring franchise. Same with Warcraft, Harry Potter, and all "sci-fi" that are just science-fantasy like 40k or Star Wars. And its the latter that AoS wants, as it will never be the former.
>>
>>93697014
Hell, I'd argue that TOW should be less grounded if it wants to survive. People want to go balls-to-the-wall in their games. But not in their extremely well thought out book series. WHFB never had something like that, and never tried to have that.
>>
>>93697080
I agree with you whole heartedly. The rest of the people replying seem to think I’m some raving anti AoS grug. AoS has so much potential, but it’s being wasted by modern GW. As you said, it’s their desire to have a progressing narrative, driven by their desire to sell new shit constantly and increase revenue as much as possible. It works out for 40k because there is an endless legion ready to buy the next marine. I’m worried that it won’t work out for AoS if they don’t actually, as you said, introduce consequences and cause and effect that go beyond selling a new miniature.
Imagine if instead of rats they released both novels and a campaign book about those crusades against Morathi.
>>
>>93697133
Idk about a grog, but they clearly are pretty anti-AoS considering their language earlier. Also, what they consider "potential" is Fantasy's "grounded" setting...which is the worst of both worlds. Nowhere grounded enough to matter at all, and nowhere ungrounded enough to allow for new factions to show up or for the intersection of factions.

There is nothing in Fantasy that I can think of that AoS should emulate. Let alone it being more "grounded".
>>
File: 1720354893323351.gif (88 KB, 107x107)
88 KB
88 KB GIF
Anyone play Path to Glory yet?

Thinking of getting into the stuff the LGS is starting. Can do either Hedonites or Cities, but leaning toward CoS as I'm still learning Hedonites.
>>
I she good on the table this edition?
>>
>>93697464
yes
>>
File: Great_Parch_Map_06.jpg (2.03 MB, 4764x3246)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
>>93696881
What plot? Half the game's "plot" is pointless battles in a meaningless endless array of infinite space.

Who the fuck cares about "random city #87" when its not relevant at all in any capacity.

At least in 40k there are specific worlds that actually matter, and in Fantasy everything was on a fucking map, so you could literally make out what was where and see how armies would best move.

Look how needlessly busy this map is, that they will NEVER go into, explore and just replace with a newer map later, its so fucking souless, like they have no idea what they are doing and think just throwing shit at a map makes it look good.
>>
>>93697527
>At least in 40k there are specific worlds that actually matter
ah, yes, remember when cadia was important because without it the forces of chaos could attack terra directly? and then cadia was destroyed and... the forces of chaos still couldn't attack terra directly?
or when the nachmund gauntlet was important because it's the only safe route for imperials and without it chaos would have free reign? and then the gauntlet fell and... chaos didn't have free reign?
remember when the astronomicon was astronomically important for warp travel to the point that without it everything is lost? and then literally half the galaxy was separated from it and... nothing in particular actually happened beyond vague 'things got worse here fr fr'?
>>
>>93697527

>40k
>anything but the Primarchs mattering

Even the big ol' Ynnari got sideplotted. Nothing happens in 40k.
>>
>>93697563
Oh yeah, when they decided to copy the shitty story elements of "lets blow up everything and start a new plot line" of AoS, chickened out at the end when they saw the massive backlash over how terrible AoS 1st edition was, and had to brute force everything back into a stale mate.

The same fucks that thought AoS's lore was a good idea moved the gameplay system and the lore style to 40k and its been crashing down and getting worse every edition.
>>
>>93697601
>when they decided to copy the shitty story elements of "lets blow up everything and start a new plot line" of AoS, chickened out at the end
You have a fundamental lack of understanding of the time necessary between the making of a product and the release of the product.
>>
>>93697464
She's the second-most auto-pick unit in Sylvaneth behind Belthanos
>>
>>93697601
>only aos is like this!
>actually 40k too but only because of aos I swear!
aos is what it is exclusively because it copied 40k down to the marines
>>
>>93697527
>that they will NEVER go into, explore

if you are looking for examples of age of sigmar content not being fleshed out, you may not want to use the great parch map from soulbound, which spent an entire book detailing the lifestyle and locations of aqshy and the great parch and based a whole campaign on it.

again you make up headcanon about the game and setting and get angry at it. you are an actual crazy person who does not know what they're talking about
>>
>>93697615
Dude, they planned to remove Slannesh from the game, starting in AoS and having Yneed kill her, that was set in stone until people revolted over the idea in AoS and in just a year or so they turned face on the idea entirely and they had to quickly turn face.

Its why the whole Ynnari sideplot got ignored like >>93697584 said.

The models can take a long time to develop, but the lore and presentation, that shit was changing on a dime before it finally launched.
>>
>>93697624
AoS came out before 40k 8th edition dumbass. It was the prototype for the changes they wanted to make in 40k, not the otherway around.
>>
>>93697627

Yes, the best of the maps is a needlessly over designed mess of random interest points just thrown around willy nilly, its a great example dipshit, thats the point.

A 12 year old could come up with a map less forced then this.
>>
>>93695916
>The 2 and a half year old game still gets roughly 20k average players a month
>implying thats bad

Boy you have no idea about the genra do you?
>>
File: aos the great parch lore.jpg (3.1 MB, 2079x4013)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB JPG
>>93697527
they spent many many pages detailing that map. each peninsula and region is explored, every dot on that map has several paragraphs.

just because you haven't read it doesnt mean they didnt do it. fuck off schizo
>>
>>93697651
>implying the changes to 40k haven't been planned for longer
>implying 40k didn't have marines to copy before
>implying 40k didn't have a pointlessly huge, nebulous and underdetailed map to copy before
>implying shit mattered in 40k before when there were 12 black crusades with no consequences, multiple wars for armageddon without consequences and marine chapters suffered 99% casualties in a space hulk without consequences
>>
>>93697685
I’m not saying it’s bad. I’m saying that playerbase generates more internet traffic globally than the age of sigmar fanbase. I was responding to a post that called it one of the most popular vidya franchises.
>>
>>93697687
>Oh man, a single paragraph or two of each random point they threw on the map.

And non of them matter at all, because they are just noise thrown together. Literally when does "Aspiria" fucking matter?

Its like they all thought they needed to be like GRRM and throw random cities like his far eastern lovecraft references.

"Oh man, this place has pyromancers called the scion of flame" and that is all the lore they will ever get.

Imagine if instead of throwing out all these fucking points to shoehorn every faction they can into the region, they just gave us a quarter of this messy map, focused on just a few areas, and actually go deep into them?
>>
>>93697740
actual schizo ramblings
>>
>>93697740
>focused on just a few areas, and actually go deep into them?

they do that. those are the cities, which have whole books dedicated to them. hell lethis had an entire campaign about it which culminated in a showdown between olynder and the celestant prime, unleashing katakross from his ancient prison sealed beneath the city.
>>
>>93697740

>I hate having material for making /mydudes/

You can just say you're uncreative. Even my dry ass brain can make some shit up for an army.
>>
>>93697780
That’s not what he’s saying. Considering the creativity AoS fans constantly tout they seem to be lacking any when it comes to making arguments and instead resort to the same tired few.
>>
>>93691546
>Never understood this critique
>reply in a manner that makes it blatantly obvious you did not actually read the critique
Checks out. Let me reiterate that post: you can't carve out entirely new continents in WHF without breaking canon. You can't make entirely new nations outside of specific areas without breaking canon. Nobody gives a fuck about the stakes of AoS campaigns not mattering at a macro scale because the things they do and play out in their own campaigns matter contextually to the /yourdudes/ factions participating in said campaigns. It's like you retards act wilfully obtuse every time this topic comes up. It's really not that hard to understand.
>>
>>93697959

It's almost like seeing every faction being put all over the map is to facilitate homebrewing. AoS is pretty big on just giving us shit to build upon outside of the big cities and names.
>>
>>93697740
"Matter" is a buzzword bereft of meaning.
>>
>>93697970
>I-its to enable "your dudes"
>AoS has literally nothing worth making your dudes over

People made their own cities within the empire with their own colors and history, they made their own duchys for Bretonnians, they made their own Aztech temple cities for their off colored lizardmen, it all worked fine without needing to have basically no framework to use.
>>
>>93697970
>Checks out. Let me reiterate that post: you can't carve out entirely new continents in WHF without breaking canon.

Why the fuck would you want to carve out new continents just to explain why your dudes are a slightly different color? Just how needy do you need for your army to be a special snowflake?

The absurd part is thinking GW is doing this for some grand purpose to let your creativity flow and not for the obvious reason that they put the bare minimum into it.

The lore they put in their books sound like ai prompts these days.
>>
>>93698175
>bare minimum effort

Rigger they spent an entire 300 page tabletop rpg fleshing out just one of the realms. They spent an entire edition on the realm of beasts and each of its regions was a different season

I'll reiterate, fuck off. You don't know shit about age of sigmar and every one of your posts is full of lies and strawmen
>>
you stupid fucks have ruined like 3 days of threads with your arguing. Grow up and have fun in your lives.
>>
I feel like a fool, I've spent time working on all my hero characters before starting the actual rank and file troops in my army.
>>
>>93695121
Very nice paintjob man! I'm gonna be nabbing a few gorgers to convert into crypt horrors / flayers and i'm pretty excited since they look like fun models.

(the only downside is I haven't nailed the green ghoul skin so they're gonna be nowhere near as well done as yours)
>>
>>93698633
Unless you changed your mind about the colour sheme then the order doesn't realy metter
>>
>>93698646
I got my general idea for things, it's mostly just to kinda nail it down on the faceless mooks before I slap some paint on the play makers. Though I guess if I really care that much I could just strip 'em but I'm not feeling that insane yet.
>>
Fantasy-grogs are having a seizure again, I see.
>>
fucking spearhead actually making me paint my murknob shaman i've had for 3 years.
>>
>>93698146
>People made their own cities within the empire with their own colors and history, they made their own duchys for Bretonnians, they made their own Aztech temple cities for their off colored lizardmen
Again, it's like you retards can't read. Nobody is saying WHF has no /yourdudes/ potential, that's insane. But if you seriously don't understand the difference between
>I can plop my own little city here on the existing map
VS
>me and my friends can collaboratively make an entirely new region to place /ourdudes/ in for our custom narrative campaign
Then there's no helping you.

>>93698175
>The absurd part is thinking GW is doing this for some grand purpose
Nobody is claiming there's some grand reason for it. GW very obviously did it simply to catch their fantasy setting up to what 40k offers in terms of /yourdudes/ potential.
>>
>>93697970
Hey man, can you tell me what you get out of doing AoS campaigns and how /your dudes/ are /your dudes/ when the only thing you can really do anything relatively creative with them is via some conversion and the painting? Campaigns matter, okay. So /your dudes/ are in a campaign in I guess I'll say at the Fjord of the Frozen Gargants which is an area in Ghur I guess that serves as the crossing point for all the Sigmar-aligned settlers going north to Eiskalt I guess but a WAAAGH! has been spotted. Actually, why the fuck does that matter. Let's say you're playing a map game and you've already conquered three territories and driven out the enemy from them. Now, using the current rules from current GW, what do you actually get for a victory? A new weapon? A talisman for your general? A new mount? An increase in a characteristic? I'm genuinely asking because I've never seen or took part in an AoS campaign. Knowing that AoS has models/units with singular loadouts that can't change. So there's no progress to /you dudes. There's just may be nothing. Maybe.
>>
>>93698806
isn't "the reason" just IP protection? That is why they do stupid looking stuff lik Aelfs and calling dwarf odd sounding names? GW doesn't care how fun or unfun the setting is, as the end goal is sells. And they have two groups of buyers. Both groups are in their 30-40s, and one is the thrill "got to get them all" seaker, to whom buying is the hobby and the other is gaming crew. Those are the two pillars of GW sells and GW build their whole sells strategy about pleasing both. One group gets a constant stream of models, FOMO etc The other gets to rebuy their army on a quarterly basis, because first they "need" the 10 dragons, then they need the 18 rat ogers, then it is 200 skellis etc.

If someone is in neither of two main groups GW tells them to join eitnytdher of them, to have fun.

also getting banned, while being arrested and going out , when the ban runs out is comedic peak. Thanks mods, I needeed this.
>>
I have a question about stormcast army building, being new to the hobby and AoS in particular. I bought two halfs of the newest starter set and the spearhead box with the angle lady. Now for some time I have been checking internet for lists to build, but either I am looking in the wrong places (reddit and forums) or it seems like almost non of the units out of those boxes get used. Some people run some of the leaders, but in general the lists of SCE seem to be centered around very expensive dragon kits, and not much in light or heavy infantry. The bow man seem to be run a lot, but no one uses the dudes with the hammers. Which are kind of a the models I like the most. Both the ones with small hammers and the large dudes with the large two handed ones.
Is there a fun army to be build for SCE without those dragons or archer units?
>>
>>93689865
What are the horde armies here?
>>
>>93698806
What is Oldhammer lacking that you are forced to add a whole new continent into it?
>>
>>93691140
me
>>
>>93693370
>massive centuries long war between Tzeench corrupted Fyreslayers and Mezoamerican Ogors happening in Aqshy right now
S-s-sauce?
>>
>>93698917
i wouldnt go reading tournament lists for stormcast. they tend to be pretty technical and janky. what you have is a fine basis for a beginner friendly 2000pt army that should be able to hold its own at a local club.

your yndrasta and prosecutors are fast precision damage units with long charges and flying and high damage.

annihilators, vanquishers, and reclusians are your sort of brawlers that can take a punch and swing back hard

liberators are cheap, and while they are bit pillowfisted they have good armor and a scoring bonus so they are good at holding objectives

the chariot is good at disrupting enemy infantry lines, muscling past them, and then harassing a backline.

i would play what you have for a while and get a feel for what you want more of. after you get some games under your belt, you'll be able to better pick and choose and evaluate what kind of units you want to build around. vanquishers, prosecutors, and reclusians are all looking very tempting right now

stormcast are also getting a reveal of new units in the next reveal show, so im sure there will also be some new powerful units to collect in there that arent dragons or archers, might be worth holding onto your cash until that reveal show to see if there's anything you want
>>
>>93698953
skaven, gloomspite gitz, soulblight gravelords, nighthaunt, flesh eater courts kind of, disciples of tzeentch kind of, slaves to darkness kind of, fyreslayers,
>>
>>93699050
He made it up.
>>
>>93699066
Okey thanks. I did play a few 1750pts games against friends who started too, and got decimated by a combination of mage god+bowman+heavy mounted knights.

Against the Zlanash player I didn't even know what was going on. He kept procing abilities, geting multiple turns with same units, then when I moved he moved to had his turns of fighting again, having dead units just come back for free etc. The dude technicaly read out the rules to me, but I am not going to lie, I think I am too stupid to understand them. I don't want to be a total asshole, but I am trying to avoid playing against him, if it is possible.

The most fun playing, altough with not much more success, I have playing the mongolian gigants and their pets. A fair and straight up game.

The least fun, even less then the Zlanash guy is the ghost players. His army is the only one for which I read the rules outside of playing the game. And they feel like those invented by the local rich kid does in a game of Attila, when he is not a warrior or shaman, but rather a robot from the future with lasers, super speed, revive on death and a scroll of your ability doesn't work. The biggest problem with those is that the armis players make up like half the , 6 out of 13, over all player base. While the Zlanash stuff is powerful and confusing, I have no confusion in the ghost rules, as they break all the rules, take no damage and do gigantic damage themselfs, while having magic and coming back from the dead, which I don't even know how it works as banished dead stuff just gets aten by the god of death normaly.
>>
>>93699074
Fyreslayers are a horde army? I heard they where character focused
>>
>>93689865
Fyreslayers. So many hot shortstack husbandos. (BTW I am woman.)
>>
>>93699163
they're horde just by merit of the fact that the armies only units are infantry hordes. almost no matter how you build them, you will have a horde of infantry at the end of the day unless you are doing some magmadroth meme list.

their troops are also all 2 wounds a piece, so those hordes are denser than they look, each guy is worth twice as much as most other horde armies, so if you see a brick of 20 vulkite berzerkers, that has the same health as 40 clanrats. so they are a weird psuedo elite horde

they do like to field a lot of characters, but those characters also tend to be cheap infantry leading support characters and even cheaper berzerker heroes. most fyreslayer players bring 1 magmadroth, usually a runefather, and then 2-4 foot heroes, and then depending on the build a horde of 40-60 dwarfs on foot. there is basically no way to play them that doesnt look like a swarm of orange dwarfs
>>
File: fyreslayers runedad.jpg (50 KB, 427x604)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>93699167
>>
File: 1724403914169.gif (637 KB, 400x169)
637 KB
637 KB GIF
>>93699167
>>
Is there anything going on with the FEC? Who are the main players and what are they doing in the lore?
>>
>>93699350
It's a wargame, nothing happens. The main players are showing up in your games including duplicating themselves in mirror matches
>>
>>93699167
>Fyreslayers
Don't do it to yourself, darling. He'll leave you and your children for some stupid war or worse, he'll become Doomseeker because he "shamed" himself (you know, what is a shame, you fucking piece of trash? Leaving your entire family!) Find yourself some honest, hard-working miner or quarryman.
>>
>>93699350

Ushoran is bullying Gorymane because he knows that The Grand Delusion is flickering on and off for his judge who's pretending it's still working to avoid being killed as a traitor.
>>
>want to collect Snarlfang
>pity hero teaser probably suggests a discounted box with riders and whatever is to come
I'm gonna scream if the roadmap doesn't show GSG in the first five
>>
File: 1701504065234378.jpg (121 KB, 1024x1024)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
I do acknowledge Warhammer Orcs are Greenskins but would it cause much seething on tournament if I brought Orcs painted WoW orange?
>>
>>93699525
ai slop
>>
>>93699537
I know. But I insist on reply on my question.
>>
>>93699525

>ai slop

Also:

>caring what some stinky manchild cares about your metalist's (nonexistent) paintjob
>>
>>93699525
It's called your dudes for a reason. Paint them however the fuck you want
>>
>>93699525
No, it's fine, lots of people do warcraft reds, browns, orange, etc. Some people have even done ice blue
>>
>>93699525
>tournament
Most would play with cardboard chits if they could, models don't matter beyond the WYSIWYG autists
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (554 KB, 1266x726)
554 KB
554 KB JPG
I don't really understand how FEC work from an "audio" standpoint. I understand the visual aspect of the illusion but not the "sound".

Can a Crypt Horror speak English?
Can a Crypt Ghoul or a Ghast?
Can a Crypt Flayer? Can a Varghulf?
Do they only grunt and snarl? (...can they write?)

Also what about the names?
"Marquis Gruelslop", "Marquis Retchbile"?
When these names are spoken (...by whom?) Do they sound like "Marquis Goldslate" and "Marquis Rightguile" to the FEC?
Or do they just think "Bloodsuck McGore" is an acceptable name for a noble knight?
>>
>>93699589
The delusion impacts others but mostly they're incomprehensible with only the suggestion of intent. That said, others can momentarily fall to the delusion and hear the eloquent speech or whatever
>>
Is the Luminark/Hurricanum any good this edition?
>>
>>93699611
yeah but occasionally they need to speak to someone who's not within the delusion... reasonably a Ghoul would be capable of yelling "GO AWAYYYY" or something like that, I'm pretty sure that a Strigoi or a Ghast in Warhammer Fantasy could put together a sentence or two.

And when a Varghulf Courtier is holding a long speech towards his troops I can't imagine what's happening outside the delusion.
Is it just a circle of Ghouls sitting around a barking beast?
Are any words at all being actually uttered?
>>
>>93699639
>headcanon
No. Why even ask if you're just going to make shit up? Actual vampires and Gormayne can talk, that's it.
>>
File: OG04.jpg (948 KB, 2560x1652)
948 KB
948 KB JPG
>>93699555
>Some people have even done ice blue
Nice trips.
>>
>>93699350
They were major players in the Ghyran side of the Dawnbringer storyline.
Other than that they sort of just fuck around with their personal sidequests
>>
>>93699350
ushoran broke containment and took control of the wine smuggling operation neferata had.
the wine turns people into ghouls within the cities of sigmar.
>>
>>93699770
Wine turns people into ghouls in my country too. They tend to haunt parks. Although they are stronger because they don’t fear the light.
>>
>>93698917
You can run without dragons but stormcast list are simply bad without vanguard raptors. They're balanced around that unit, usually 6 or 9 of them. Without it they're std but much worse.
>>
>>93699616
its ok if you have multiple cavaliers or fusiliers.
>>
Why did Idoneth never take off as a faction? They're my favourite aesthetically, especially the Eidolon and the eel cavalry.
>>
>>93699525
AoS is wishy washy with its lore by design.
Subfaction color schemes are merely suggestions/references.
>>
>>93699926
yeah, but kingsblood is actually good wine
>>
>>93699998
what does take off mean, its as popular as you expect for a fringe aesthetic in a 24 army game.
>>
>>93699998
One note lore, kind of similar to Fyreslayers
What can they do besides stealing souls? Find a permanent solution but still raid for the fun of it ?
>>
>>93700022
>what does take off mean

be popular enough that GW invests in more miniatures.
>>
>>93698917
If you are brand you you shouldn't net list as you have no idea how to even play the game. You wouldn't know how to even use the tools they are using.
Second Stormcast are a horrible 'first player' army because the starter set units are usually trash and you just end up never using them. Also too many trap units that a terrible that you need knowledge of the game to REALIZE they are terrible.
>>
>>93700041
they'll get shit eventually.
>>
Finally starting my holidays. Should I paint a Maggotkin Spearhead box or a Mawtribes Spearhead?
I'm almost done with assembling Ogors (only Mournfangs and an Ironblaster left to assemble) but I know Nurgle will be much quicker to paint and I want to be done within a week.
>>
>>93700089
I'd argue ogres are faster to paint
>>
>>93699167
> woman (male)
>>
>>93700000
> shit post
> those digits
Why does Allah mock us so
>>
File: 594.png (272 KB, 600x600)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
>>93700306
What if we don't live in the brightest timeline or darkest timeline, but DANKEST timeline?
>>
>93700327
lmao that's so reddit
>>
>>93689865
>Tq

OBR lore is fun to read, the siege of eightpoints is my favorite piece of AoS lore so far. The army is so conceptually cool and love the models, but they still haven't hit home with how I picture the army playing, it feels like it's waiting for a range expansion.
>>
>>93700585
Man, OBR are so close to being my favorite faction too from the lore but I just don't jive with half the model aesthetics myself which makes me not want to pick them up. Conceptually I like what they are but something in the execution falls just a little flat for me that I can't fully articulate.
So for now, I stick to me Orks
>>
>>93700605
To me they sell them as a military machine, super coordinated, tight formations, phalanxes with hammer and anvil tactics.

In game they were kinda like that in 2e, 3e was way too elite for my tastes and focused on construct, 4e is just boring and mortek don't work, they need some resource management for their healing and their commands instead of auras.

Aesthetic wise they should just make mortek dirt cheap & not elite for a tarpit you stuff in your lists, and then introduce some 32 or 40mm infantry in 5's.
>>
File: 1713211650293878.gif (16 KB, 500x386)
16 KB
16 KB GIF
could someone post that chart of all the different cities of sigmar schemes in lore? looking to potentially start a cos army
>>
File: cos2.jpg (392 KB, 1000x1537)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>>93701346
>>
File: cos schemes.png (5.16 MB, 1541x2744)
5.16 MB
5.16 MB PNG
>>93701346
?
>>
File: cos3.jpg (161 KB, 1000x650)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>93701346
>>93701433

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/25/cities-of-sigmar-round-table-part-four-painting-the-miniatures/
>>
>>93700713
Mortek Guard cost too much for 1w dudes that do no damage since norend lol
>>
>>93701433
>>93701437

thx m8
>>
>>93701437
Their miniatures are so weird, the fat wide ones look fine, but the skinny ones look so bad
>>
>>93701449
I like how the Lethis one is painted like she's seen some shit.
>>
Nagash is ready for the weekend.
>>
>>93701450
you are not supposed to charge them.
>>
>>93701480
>>93701480
>>93701480
>>
>>93701483
Yeah, they're supposed to be OBR's anvil but even when they get charged they dont do a lot and can't hold back dudes because they have zero reliable recursion from support units.
>>
has gw nuked all pdf uploads, I can't seem to find them anymore.
>>
Kruleboyz and Ironjawz have been folded together?
>>
>>93699219
>they do like to field a lot of characters

That's called Age of Sigmar, not just Fyreslayers. Stormcast and Lumineth probably have the most actual units, but still have an equal amount of characters. Maybe Ogres have more units than characters, now that I think about it. I'd say StD have more characters than units, though it's pretty close. Soulblight is 93% characters, which is actually annoying because they look nice as pseudo-Ottomans but the injection of everything from the Warhammer Quest Ulfenkarn thing was overload.

AoS really just seems to be Character-hammer, which really sucks because units are cool as hell. Again, I'd love to see generic characters that can have different loadouts, especially for generals. A man can dream, though.
>>
>>93701483
desu I'm not sure what your'e suppose to do with them. They suck as an anvil because they're too expensive per wound and 4+ ethereal isn't actually much better than a 4+ with another +1 from kat, that can all out defense as well if needed.

Even if they were an anvil, many things can just power through. If things don't do that, they can just out trade them since they have -1 rend at best and like no healing.

At the end of the day you may as well just bring the warcry band or kavalos because they'll actually hit harder and have more wounds, as well as utility.
>>
File: Settra_Rules.jpg (333 KB, 1000x1283)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>93689865
Soon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.