[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: nadu-winged-wisdom.jpg (168 KB, 672x936)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
Previous: >>93722638

>OFFICIAL Commander website, where you can learn the rules, see the current banlist, and read the format philosophy, laid down by the rules committee:
https://mtgcommander.net/

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen color identity.
http://mtglands.com/

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net
https://www.archidekt.com
https://www.moxfield.com

>CARD SEARCH
https://scryfall.com

>Proxy a deck or a cube for cheap
https://pastebin.com/9Xj1xLdM

>how to proxy using any printer
https://mtgprint.cardtrader.com/

>Thread Question/Prompt:
What do you enjoy the most about Nadu not being banned in EDH?
>>
More interesting TQ: what's a really powerful commander released in an absolute dogshit precon?
>>
Gay Bolas
>>
File: 1724650046709199.jpg (51 KB, 640x480)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Straight Bolas
>>
>>93734832
Fallout was actually super good lots of really great cards
>>
File: 1724653136741165.png (3.47 MB, 1500x1875)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB PNG
Bisexual Ugin
>>
>all cards that can be cast as creature spells are banned from the 99
>commander damage is removed and starting life becomes 21
How would this affect the format?
>>
>>93734768
Why didn't nadu get banned in edh?
>>
>>93734866
Would kill it instantly
>>
>>93734866
Reactionary price of spot removal and commanders with hard hexproof spike.
Eventually people realize your format is fucking dogshit since it's 100x more consistent to win off effect damage and the powergap between commanders with broken effects VS ones with okay effects becomes even wider. Format dies.
>>
>>93734866
would save the game because finally we'd be playing MAGIC the gathering and not creatures, the swarmening
>>
>>93734832
Is this Julius Caesar? I don't know fallout lore. He looks like the best mardu commander ever printed
>>
>>93734832
>>93734889

>Why didn't nadu get banned in edh?

Because there is nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>93734884
Because even though WotC confessed it was a design mistake, the RC has their thumbs perpetually up their ass and says problem cards always, without exception, self-select and rule 0 out of tables.
>>
>>93734918
And they are right.
>>
File: vdv2322.jpg (23 KB, 442x579)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>93734918
So what you are saying is the RC is based as fuck!
>>
>>93734912
NOOOO SOME GUY TOOK A LONG TURN IN A TOURNAMENT THAT MEANS NADU IS EVIL
the reality is nadu is only bitched about for 2 reasons
>modern
he's bitched about here because modern players are complete fucking troglodytes who don't understand magic whatsoever and is played by people who only play black, that's why simic lost its value piece nadu while black despite losing grief still has orcish bowmasters, sheoldred the apocalypse and all manner of genuine overpowered cards that go untouched
>commander
he is bitched about here because many commander players are losers who love land destruction and when nadu directly counters that it makes them have an aneurysm that their opponents can actually play the game
>>
Why does nadu cause so much controversy?
>>
>>93734918
wotc never said he was a design mistake you retarded tranny they said they simply forgot about his interaction with 0 cost artifacts but the truth is if he couldn't do that he'd be a dead card since people would just use non targeted removal. He wasn't banned because he's balanced and you're just a salty retard. Get fucking good
>>
>>93734951
>many commander players are losers who love land destruction

Ah I see we're in bizarro world today
>>
>>93734961
whenever a new ramp card comes out the anti ramp trannies scream until its banned
see: golos and primeval titan
>>
>>93734974
no we're in the real world where half the edh players are degenerates seething that their cancerous strategy had another nail in its coffin while the other half are playing with nadu :)
>>
>>93734884
because he's not good in commander?
if he was released in a commander only set instead of a modern set nobody would bat an eye at him. An actual card that should be banned is opposition agent not fucking nadu
>>
>>93734987
You are delusional or trolling. Land destruction is weirdly the biggest taboo in the format.
Nadu's not even that bad in commander it's just another simic ramp that can weirdly combo out to draw their whole deck. No worse than say Stella as an infinite in the cz
>>
You will draw and you will be happy
>>
>>93734977
Edh could use primeval titan. I really think it would see play
>>
>>93735049
sweet, I kept a two lander
>>
>>93735035
land destruction is a taboo because it's cancer, that doesn't stop a large segment of retarded contrarians from playing it because you take joy in sucking the fun out of the game for everyone
you are a very loud minority an no cope will change the fact that it is you retards crying about nadu primarily.
Even among non mld players there are plenty of retard adjacent edh players who have a bone to pick with ramp just because they're retards who think ramping into 7 mana dragons is unfair or whatever the hell random bullshit they invented to get upset about week to week
>>
how many of you fags are in line for D&D cards? Be honest
>>
>>93735095
Again?
>>
Thirty (30) starting life is objectively superior to fourty (40)
>>
They should print more cards that set life totals to 10.
>>
>>93734907
Caesar in Fallout lore is essentially a sociopathic history nerd who unites a bunch of barbarians into a new Roman empire in Nevada. Most people in the setting don't know what the actual Roman empire was so they think Caesar's ideas are original.
>>
>>93734964
>they didn't make a mistake, they just made a mistake!
This is the dumbest post I've seen in this general recently and that's saying something.
>>
File: vdv3.jpg (184 KB, 900x900)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>93734951
>>93734977
>>93735035
>>93734904

What do you enjoy the most about Nadu not being banned in EDH?
>>
>>93735260
What did my post have to do with Nadu?
>>
>>93735095
I was in line but payment was declined so fuck it.
>>
>>93735302
OP might just be baiting for epic screenshots for xirs discord friends
>>
File: m13-158-worldfire.jpg (219 KB, 672x936)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
How do you respond without sounding mad?
>>
>>93735095
Nah art sucks, cards are mid, and why are two of them dedicated to beholders?
>>
>>93735359
I wouldn't be mad at all. Would be extremely cool to see it.
>>
>>93731802
These are completely retarded and totally unclear. I just wanted to let you know what a retard you are.
>>
>>93735370
I was surprised that there wasn't a mindflayer drop instead of 2x beholders, also all the cards being mid reprints didn't help much getting me hyped. It's just all about the flashy colors and Fagtarion baiting trannies like moths to light.
>>
>>93735395
It could have been worse, they could have made a alt of Edgar Markov for Ascended Astarion
>>
File: vdv.jpg (45 KB, 450x300)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>93735302
>>93735352

Be smarter than that.

What benefits or advantages do you see in nadu not being banned in Commander?
>>
>>93735359
Tap Isochron Scepter copying Mana Drain
>>
>>93735090
You dont play magic anon
>>
File: secret lair 2.png (431 KB, 486x726)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
so much for being a secret
>>
>>93735425
A new commander that offers up the opportunity to use lesser used cards! What the format was about to begin with!
>>
>>93735474
I love how they call it a lounge
>>
>>93735474
Remember when they just printed these to demand?
>>
>>93735487
Agreed! Lightning Greaves was a very obscure card that very few people used until Nadu came out.
>>
>>93735003
>because he's not good in commander?
>nadu in the top 10 best performing cedh commanders from recent tournaments
>>
>>93735539
No but stuff like shuko and aphetto alchemist, sylvan paradise etc were! In fact most of the nadu list is very interesting old cards that never saw the light of day
>>
File: keyword counters.png (739 KB, 1701x2801)
739 KB
739 KB PNG
Designed my own keyword counters because I don't like the Ultra PRO ones.
Posting here again so anyone can do what they want with them
I don't care which ones you can/cannot intuit, use them for whatever you want
>>
>>93735555
>>93735539
>>93735487
I know you're being ironic but can you stop
We deal with enough of the people that talk like this at game stores
>>
>>93735578
How am I being ironic? The majority of the nadu list is deep cuts that were never played anywhere, maybe in Orvar. That is what commander is about
>>
>>93735557
Care to explain what you in particular use each one for?
>>
>>93735614
Sure.
Left to right, top to bottom.
Hexproof, trample, flying, lifelink, deathtouch, indestructible, menace, infect, haste, first strike, vigilance, double strike, defender, reach
>>
>>93735532
They had to remove the time limits because otherwise they have to throw out a bunch of the secret lairs that don't sell.
It's all because shareholders caught wind of bad lairs being dumpstered like the anniversary proxies
>>
File: 192222_in_800x800.jpg (102 KB, 574x800)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>93735359
This would combo well with.
>>
>>93734832
I like the deck, but it's a token deck, which is a pain in the ass for keeping track of. I'll stick to my engorging Mothman and break this dude's deck into components.
>>
File: rowancombo.png (1.34 MB, 976x679)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>93735359
>>93735380
>>93735359
>>93735380
It'll be less cool when someone cheeses it out for 3R with this
>>
>>93735359
Why would I be mad when I'm casting it?
>>93735868
Mizzix Mastery cheeses it out for the same cost and is harder to shut down than rowan
>>
>>93735883
In my experience once an enchantment is on the field most players have less enchant removal than have counterspells

Plus to players of all levels of skill "exile something from your graveyard and cast it for free" rings alarm bells
And then there's the fact it would have to be in your grave to begin with, whereas the Rowan combo essentially means if you draw it you can play it
>>
Nadu should be banned for the same reason as paradox engine; that it takes too fucking long to resolve.
>>
why live when life is pain? :(
>>
>>93735954
You're right
But the RC is more or less worthless nowadays. I just flat out refuse to play with the resident Nadu player.
>>
>>93735954
It self-selects bro.
Also we're legalizing gotcha cards.
No other changes.
>>
>>93735966
We knew this back when secret lair cards first got printed and everyone begged the RC to ban them. Instead, the RC banned anyone who wanted them banned, then used the circlejerk to justify why they shouldnt be banned in the first place.

>>93735969
>it self selects bro
Yet this doesnt apply to paradox engine? Either nadu should be banned or my winmore 5cmc do nothing artifact should be unbanned. Also unban sundering titan while you're at it.
>>
>>93735253
you have no reading comprehension, typical of a nadu hater
he stated he at the time didn't consider the interaction, you call this a mistake because you're a seething faggot.
If Nadu didn't have that interaction he'd be dogshit. So this little oversight is what makes him usable at all. It's only a mistake from your perspective because you're a child who can't accept that new cards will and should shake up the meta. I bet you're one of those stupid cunts who continues to cry about planeswalkers to this day
>>
>>93735958
Why are you in pain? You didn't actually WANT those, did you?
>>
>ITT fags who play cancer like paradox engine crying that RC hates their stupid artifact decks more than simic ramp
hahahaha well hey at least you dogshit retards finally stopped coping over kennan
>>
>>93736002
>useable
He enables easy turn-2 combo wins that take 15 minutes to play out. I find that to be a miserable experience, and I actually LIKE watching people run through their combos.
>>
>>93735954
>that it takes too fucking long to resolve.
that's a lie, Nadu isn't banned because he isn't ban worthy in either frustration or power
>>
>>93734847
>>93734855
>>93734861
this really what we're doing these days, huh?
>>
>>93736020
you don't play magic do you?
everything in that reply is a headline from a youtube video.
Try not to comment on things you don't know shit about
>>
File: 1718490621546614m.jpg (129 KB, 797x1024)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>93736002
>designer gives the ol' thassa's oracle "we added some dumb shit at the last minute and didnt playtest it before it shipped" excuse
>anon writes a novel because he wants to justify a broken and retarded interaction because he personally likes the card
>>
>>93736010
but dude a single guy in a single tourney took a [less than half the average combo player's turn] that clearly means he's op! 20 minute storm combos are a ok though
>>
>>93736021
Objectively wrong. He's a faggy nondeterministic combo deck that deserves the banhammer because they ban all previous nondeterministic combo decks that arent extremely esoteric or spellslinger related. You cant even scoop when nadu resolves his dumb shit because there is a good chance he doesnt hit field of the dead in time and spins his wheels for 20 minutes without actually accomplishing anything besides inventing a new form of notation to keep track of one of the most retarded triggers ever designed. And I fucking love combo decks.>>93736025
>>
>>93736031
>anon doubles down on his stupidity by comparing 2 cards that aren't even remotely similar
this is just sad, did you know every card has last minute changes made? that's why they're called prototypes and finalized versions
>>
>>93736031
>get lands and draw cards is the same as literally winning the game on the spot
I know low iq players get really tilted when they see simic value but holy shit at this point you should just go back to yugioh
>>
>>93736055
The design process and end result was identical you dip. I get that you really really like the gay bird, but that doesnt mean it's a well designed card. In fact, it might be the worst designed card since lurrus.
>>
>>93736065
if you consider all cards having finished and unfinished versions I guess you could say it's the same. But you and I both know that's a superficial similarity.
>>
>>93736035
why do combo players seethe so hard about ramp and value decks anyway?
>>
>>93736067
Ok, real talk here. There is a major trend of last-minute changes to cards completely breaking formats. This isn't new, either. It dates back all the way to fucking Memory Jar and probably even earlier. So have you considered that MAYBE this design process is actually fundamentally flawed?
>>
>>93736073
ramp means creatures and the storm player gets upset when his attempts at solitaire lose to creatures turning sideways
>>
>>93736061
>t. anon who doesnt play magic shitposting
It's worse than winning the game on the spot, because if it did that I wouldnt really care. I dont want to sit there watching some banjo lipped moron jerking off for 20 minutes only to fizzle and do the same thing again the next turn. At least when the storm player fucks up they've shot their wad and are out of the game.

>>93736067
Thank you for your concession.
>>
>>93736061
But it does win you the game
>>
>>93736076
ah good, so you now realize your lies and idiot reductions aren't fooling anybody so you've swapped to criticizing the core design philosophy of cards.
Well guess what. that core design is why the game is still alive and for every player who quits over "cancer cards" they're replaced with 5 more people.
If you have a problem with the core way wotc develop cards the problem is you. Quit right now and never buy another magic product again. Get out of the thread and fuck off so the rest of us can play without listening to you bitch
>>
>>93736090
No. it enables you by allowing you to draw and cast cards that win the game. Thoracle skips all that and just wins
>>
>>93736073
They dont. They seethe about nondeterministic uninteractible combo decks, like a normal person. At least when the thoracle player casts silence they win the game promptly and you can shuffle up for the next game, unlike the nadu faggot casting veil then giving all his permanents hexproof and going through the motions on a combo you cant shortcut.
>>
>>93735352
I LOVE how I'm living in your minds, rent free, when I've been doing what I said before when I initially revealed myself; I just lurk. You schizos do ALL the work, I don't have to say ANYTHING, just farm screencaps.
>>
>>93736084
>It's worse than winning the game on the spot
2/10 bait if you want people to read your entire post put the punchline at the end not the first line
>>
>>93736102
I'm a different anon, moron. I quit years ago, which is why I know about things like Memory Jar that were printed before you were born. I was just pointing out that you're fucking retarded and if your favorite vidya dev was pushing out updates without even running them through an errorcheck compiler and it was bricking your SSD, you'd be screaming your little heart out on social media. So why do you accept, nay encourage, this sort of treatment from cardboard and ask for more?
>>
>>93736116
so they seethe when the shoe is on the other foot for once? I can see why they hate this commander lmao I'll take nadu over izzet storm any day
>>
>>93736118
>shitposting discord tranny spends all thread baiting, pretending to be retarded, and replying to himself
>then gives himself a pat on the back for being le epic troll who actually never posts, but immediately shows up the second he's mentioned
Why are your kind always so similar?
>>
>>93736129
>I quit years ago
>I just spend every waking moment here frothing at the mouth about magic
you're mentally ill and clearly your brain has lost touch with reality I mean the fact that you outright admitted you quit "years ago" while going on this rant?
You're just insane, stop posting and see a therapist
>>
>>93736132
Izzet storm isnt even a good deck, and is incredibly vulnerable to interaction. It has nothing to do with what your talking about.

>>93736123
If they won the game you could scoop and play another game. But when their commander is designed to talk 30 minutes to potentially fizzle you need to sit there through the whole fucking ordeal.
>>
>>93734918
based, RC is just giving guiding points on what's generally fun in the format to have decent games anyway. Or are people such bootlickers they need people to tell them which cards they shouldn't play?
>>
>>93736142
Brah, my very first post in this thread was >>93736076

Not everyone who disagrees with you is the same person. More at 11.
>>
nadu is just the one ring but a creature, he won't be banned because while people may not like playing against him as a commander people, timmy's especially can just thoughtlessly shove him into their decks to give them the ramp and cards they need to turn their dragon tribals into consistent threats. Nobody actually enjoys being starved of cards so things that prevent that will always be protected in the game because they cause more relief than salt as much as this thread would have you believe otherwise
>>
>>93736165
yes. both my comments were directed at those specific posts, you're an idiot and you're only revealing how stupid you are with every subsequent post. Seriously, get a therapist
>>
>>93736169
No. It's a nondeterministic combo deck first and foremost. No one outside of the teriminally retarded and hypothetical shitposters play it any other way.
>>
>>93736142
NTA, but I also quit years ago and I also come here every day. I like the design of the game, and I like some of the lore, and I hate most of the lore and hate Hasbro and hate what they've done with power levels, I come here to talk about all of these things. I especially like to respond to paypig whining, I like to remind them that they are choosing to give Hasbro their money and I like to remind them that they don't have to. I also respond to posts that criticize the game with a sense of incredulity, like "How can Hasbro possibly be this scornful of their fans??", I like to remind them that their incredulity is entirely unfounded because it is completely normal for Hasbro to abuse their fans.
Gonna cry about it?
>>
>>93736200
>writes a giant cry post
>are you gonna cry
errr...
>>
File: savor-the-moment.png (831 KB, 824x786)
831 KB
831 KB PNG
>>93736004
>You didn't actually WANT those, did you?
>Hot Foil Girl
>Magic Card
:( I mean they're not great. But I wish modern magic art was more Heavy Metal and less Heavy Homo in general though.
>>
>>93736205
lol
>>
>anons are arguing again
pls rember happy tiem
>>
>>93736193
ok but posting random buzzwords won't change the fact that his place is in the 99 as a value engine. Just like the ring. Nadu is only bitched about here because of cross posting from /mmg/ and modern is a clown format that bans things for no reason all the time
>>
>>93736136
I don't bait. I merely rise from the murk, when mentioned, laugh when people think I have done anything at all, then sink back, to allow you all to embarrass yourself again, even further. It really is the greatest entertainment. And the best part? You think I'm involved at all, when this thread a hell all of your own making.
>>
>>93736221
Who cares how he's used in the 99 when he's a tedious and horrible commander.
>>
>>93736177
Do you even actually know the history of memory jar? It's the first card in the game that received errata BEFORE IT WAS RELEASED. Do you know why that is? The answer might shock you. Due to a lack of playtesting, an actual gamebreaking card interaction was discovered that required actual last-minute errata to change because the cards were already printed and shipped.

Sound familiar?
>>
>>93736228
cuz banning a card that's perfectly fine just because you find him annoying as a commander is freaking retarded
>>
>>93736228
nta Nadu is comfy
>>
>93736233
>he's still going
guess he forgot to take his anti psychotics
>>
>>93736240
Yes, this is the only reason the RC bans anything. What are you, brand new?
>>
>>93736228
I've never had a problem with him
>I have 10 creatures, therefore I flip 20 cards with Nadu
oh noooo how time consuming, 2 whole seconds! wow!
>>
>>93736233
It's okay anon, you're absolutely right but we all know this faggot is intentionally acting retarded to farm attention among trannies. Dont take it personal.
>>
>>93736257
well if you admit most rc bans are unjustified then asking for their intervention on a card that isn't even close to broken just shows the people who shit on the RC the most. Ie: you are deep down just as stupid as they are and just as untrustworthy for balancing the game
>>
>>93736220
such whimsy how delightful
>>
>>93736265
If it was that easy I wouldnt have a problem with it, but you and I both know the cards you draw continue your chain and add extra triggers that need to be tracked in the most retarded way ever designed.
>>
>>93736164
>based, RC is just giving guiding points on what's generally fun in the format to have decent games anyway.
I know you're baiting by being overly positive, but I'm still compelled to point out that the RC just does fucking nothing
Panoptic Mirror is STILL on the ban list despite being power-crept to shit
>>
>>93736281
Just because you say a broken card isnt broken doesnt change how broken the broken card is, and if your brain is too broken to interpret brokeness then you really shouldnt be part of the discussion in the first place.
>>
>>93736290
Getting onto a banlist is way easier than getting off it. If you're the guy in charge of the list, the absolute last thing you want to happen is taking something off the list, then it totally fucks up a bunch of formats and you're forced to ban it again. You end up in the same spot as before but now you just look like an incompetent ass, because that's what you are.
>>
>>93736305
>help me sheldon's ghost! He's playing a five mana artifact that requires 5+ mana to win the game! I only have one force of vigor in my hand, whatever will I do?
>>
>>93736305
Panoptic Mirror is a nothing burger when we have a shit load of copy spells, Agatha's Soul Cauldron, Necropotence etc etc etc

It could be unbanned, and if it saw any significant play at all, people would just bring more artifact removal
>>
>rhystic study
>dockside
>smothering tithe

fucking hate these 'borderline' cards. Blatantly overpowered. What really gets me is the autistic 'just pay the 1' replies. Yes, you pay the 1, but ultimately it's a fucking hinderance setting you behind drastically, and it's a permanent with no cumulative upkeep, it's fucking busted. mystic remora is the perfect version of this card.

they either A: ban this piece of shit, or B: add more counterplay to taxes.

i.e.

Jeremy, the rapist
If an opponent has an effect that would cause a player to pay mana or life, instead that player must pay the life or mana cost, or sacrifice that many permanents.
>>
>>93736332
Oh i agree with you. It's a fun card and while I get banning it in the first place, it's criminal that it's still on the list. However, the fear of it negatively impacting the format is what informs these decisions. It's the entire reason unbans are rare even though outside a handful of older cards most of the banlist is stuff that doesn't even matter anymore because of modern design.
>>
>>93736346
>>93736346
Amazing how Game Knights always seem to have Rhystic Study, Mystic Remora or Esper Sentinel in their opening hands
>>
>>93736346
Just remove them nigga, pay the one and disenchant or whatever, or play warset/chains.
>>
>>93736378
>Game Knights
>unironically watching heavily scripted and edited tranny content
>>
File: help.png (577 KB, 800x482)
577 KB
577 KB PNG
>>93736405
I don't think they've ever had a tranny on, you're thinking of whatever the fuck """The Professor""" calls his commander show
>>
File: NoCostTooGreat.png (581 KB, 947x720)
581 KB
581 KB PNG
If you could have any hand as your opener, what would you choose?
>>
>>93736418
If I had to choose, probably my left hand
>>
File: 1528675618807.png (272 KB, 579x450)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
>>93736426
Niiiice. What would you do with two left hands?
>>
>>93736299
it's not broken, that's why it's not getting a ban in edh
>>
>>93736418
Tundra, Underground Sea, Scrubland, Mana Crypt, Sol Ring, Arcane Signet, and Force of Will in my Esper Artifacts Tivit deck. Oh and I topdeck Mental Misstep.
>>
File: F50hv9mboAAkw2.jpg (54 KB, 854x854)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>93736418
>ancient tomb
>sol ring
>trinisphere
>mana crypt
>vexing bauble
>simian spirit guide
>wheel of fortune
>>
>>93736505
>discarding your trinisphere
>>
>>93736510
>my math was off by one
Swap the sol ring for a vault. But it is very embarassing I must admit.
>>
>>93736346
Rhystic study is a bad card.
>>
>>93736418
Bayou
Tropical island
Savannah
Tagia
Underground sea
Badland
Scrubland
Bad opener for that game but now I own those
>>
>>93736618
True duals arent really that great, hate to break it to you.
>>
File: image-58.png (1.26 MB, 1080x1139)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>93736418
>Gemstone Caverns (pitch anything)
>Simian Spirit Guide
>Elvish Spirit Guide
>Manamorphose (UR, draw into any of following 3 cards)
>Borne Upon a Wind
>One With Nothing
>Chain Winds of Change
>>
>>93736418
>Mountain
>Mountain
>Powerbalance
>Mountain
>Mountain
>Mountain
>Mountain
>>
>>93736630
Didn't say it had to be cards I already owned. Ill sacrifice a game to own 7 duels
>>
>>93736544
>single handedly wins game through card advantage

>>93736379
>haha just deal with it
Yeah bro, just run 50% of your deck as removal so you can just remove all threats.

Also, every fucking deck with blue runs it because it’s a straight upgrade.

What’s that? You paid 1 and removed a rhystic but they countered it because they are blue and have a monopoly on stack interaction???

Too bad. there is a reason half of blue cards are about being intelligent and thinking deeply about novel new ideas.
>>
>>93734866
RDW is now Tier 0 with 99 burn spells and all mana acceleration cards spike in price
>>
File: ojer-ax.jpg (156 KB, 672x936)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>93734866
i win
>>
File: c21-198-krosan-grip.jpg (172 KB, 672x936)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>93736655
Just draw your silver bullet bro :^)
Honestly though I agree it should have been banned a long time ago. It's very annoying seeing Timmy make his first precon upgrade and it's a Rhystic Study because it's literally the best card for any deck.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksbl8DNpxhI

Commanders for this feel?
>>
File: Reverent-Silence.jpg (193 KB, 672x936)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>93736655
Enchantment hate is usually free, just run some.
>>
>lesser known cards that still do the trick

Post 'em
>>
File: IMG_3109.jpg (80 KB, 736x732)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Had the weirdest table last night at my lgs.

>fractured identity a smothering tithe like 3 months ago
>guy holds a grudge

>guy lost to phenax/zombie alchemist/intruder alarm/immortal elixir combo months ago
>holds a grudge

>some guy I beat last week by deflecting swatting his commander plate

>all three know my name and are pissed, pull out their highest power deck
>just play mono-red burn
>t1 ankh of mishra
>t2 blood moon
>t3 auntie blute
>ur dragon, atraxa and belakor seethe at blood moon
>tibalts trickery removal
>win

Don’t think I’ve ever seen people so unhinged irl
>>
>>93736207
>A Tiefling.
>That Tiefling.

Anon, that card with two dudes kissing is less homo that that Tiefling.
>>
>>93736693
Forgot it, like a tard
>>
File: le.png (4.02 MB, 2015x936)
4.02 MB
4.02 MB PNG
>>93736687
>just run a free enchantment removal
>blue has several free counterspells
>still have to pay 1

>>93736693
I ran these 3 the other night, killed a squirrel player
>>
File: gitrogsaddleedh.jpg (2.79 MB, 3024x3747)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
Post IRL decks, show me your cardboards
>>
>>93736696
>Highest power
>Ur-Dragon
If his best deck is Coughing Baby manifest you had no right to run Blood Moon against it.
Everything else seems a bit weird that they got mad over it.
>>
File: IMG_1552.jpg (3.33 MB, 4032x3024)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB JPG
I’m a yugiohfag who wants to get into mtg and play a deck centred around cute girls. I’ve bought 8 cards so far. The first four are the exact kind of designs I’m looking for and the bottom four look cool in the own right and are artifacts which the first cards all seem to focus on. Going to have the Etherium shaper as the commander. What exactly is a deck with her supposed to do and what other (preferably cute girl, but my only hard rule is absolutely no groids) cards should I be looking at? I did look at some of the angel archetype cards and while I like the designs, they seem to be about gaining life which I don’t think synergize with any of these cards.
>>
>>93736719
There are solutions to your problem, you just want to be mad. No sane blue player would waste their free counters protecting study instead of their combo.
>>
File: Image.png (131 KB, 265x370)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>93736418
Swiftfoot Boots
Branching Evolution
Kami of Whispered Hopes
Swamp
Island
Forest
Forest
>>
>>93736726
>new gitrog
Gross
>puppeteer clique
Neat, one of my favs.
>>
>>93736732
The pic was right side up when I took it.
>>
>>93736730
You should run bloodmoon in every deck, what are you talking about?
>>
>>93736735
>bro why would you use one card to protect one that can draw you multiple counters

I mean, are you fucking high? Blue lives and dies from draw, drawing into more counterspells is literally the colors primary identity. There's no reason NOT to protect it unless there is something imminent to stop.
>>
I’m a yugiohfag who wants to get into mtg and play a deck centred around gay dragons. I’ve bought 8 cards so far. The first four are the exact kind of designs I’m looking for and the bottom four look cool in the own right and are artifacts which the first cards all seem to focus on. Going to have Nicol Bolas as the commander. What exactly is a deck with her supposed to do and what other (preferably gay dragons, but my only hard rule is absolutely no humanoids) cards should I be looking at? I did look at some of the planeswalker archetype cards and while I like the designs, they seem to be about handlooping which I don’t think synergize with any of these cards.
>>
>>93736102
you sound toxic
>>
>>93736752
>are you fucking high
Yes. Anyways, you may be right in lower power games and other formats, but in higher power games you need to have at least two counters, preferrably three, to put through your wincon. If rhysic draws me two cards, taxes a couple, then eats removal I'm more than happy with that trade.
>>
>>93736748
FYI: 4chan wipes metadata from pics as a safety precaution. If you're just rotating a pic without actually resaving it as a new file, you're only changing the metadata, so it gets rotated back to its original config when you post it.
>>
File: 5dn-120-eon-hub.jpg (192 KB, 672x936)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>93736693
Always good to throw this curve ball in cEDH fags
>>
>>93736751
Unless everyone in your pod is running max fetches you really shouldn't.
>>
>>93736752
You are nuts if you think blue needs rhystic study to draw through their deck
>>
>>93736655
No. it enables you by allowing you to draw cards that win the game.
>>
>>93736793
>Hmm would I rather protect Impulse, or my one-sided Sphere of Resistance that draws me an obscene number of cards if anyone at the table is new to the game...
>>
>>93736740
Got a list?
>>
>>93736785
>5CMC to remove the downsides of everyone's Pact, Remora, Mana Crypt, and One Ring
?
>>
>tq
The rules committee will literally never ban a card again. It was unlikely even when Sheldon was still alive. They're married to "muh rule 0" when in reality only tight knit groups self police while anyone who has to go to an lgs or online is at the mercy of the store for bans. In my experience it's the official banlist or retarded shit like the wharf and no in brtween.
>>
>>93736732
https://edhrec.com/commanders/breya-etherium-shaper
Breya focuses on swarming the field with artifacts to proc her ability to help kill annoying enemy creatures to maintain your board advantage and then use her favorite card, Time Sieve, to create an extra turn for your artifact army to kill your opponents
Having 4 colors though means you'll need a lot of dual land cards to make sure you have her casting cost on turn 4 so it's pretty expensive for a first deck choice
Fyi Magic decks aren't as cheap as yugioh
>>
>>93736815
Seems like your mad because you're bad, especially if you think rhystic is both a one sided sphere of resistance and a card draw engine. Apply yourself, you've been given solutions and there are more available.
>>
>>93736832
>sheldon is dead now
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: mrd-36-fatespinner.jpg (225 KB, 672x936)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>93736785
Yes, however.
>>
>>93736815
you play rhystic study, you slow the table down a bit and take some swings in response, someone blows it up, and you move on having gotten 1-3 cards out of it. it's not a card draw engine it's a stax piece you gibbon
>>
>>93736831
I guess it stops them from untapping Mana Vault...?
>>
>>93736847
you been in a coma or something? they made a secret lair in memorial of him months ago
>>
>>93736873
I only came back to /edh/ like last month
>>
>>93736877
ah, then yes he's been dead almost a year now
>>
I've been playing this game on and off since 2000. I want to feel the cardboard. I want to feel soul.
I think I need black for tutors and green for ramp. I was thinking 5 colour good stuff and put atogatog in the command zone and never cast it.
>>
>>93736418
Swamp, ritual, entomb, reanimate, idc, idc, idc.
>>
>>93736913
What edition ia that hyrkyls?
>>
>>93736885
He seemed like a grumpy cunt.
>>
File: file.jpg (161 KB, 672x936)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>93736913
If you just want to feel your cardboard, I recommend muldrotha. You've got ramp, you've got tutors, you've got card draw, you've got an engine to do it all again in the command zone. It can get a little samey because you get access to all your best tools constantly but it's an absolute slobberknocker.
>>
>>93736885
>dies
>RC proceeds to rate silver border cards but doesnt make them legal
was Sheldon dare I say holding back the incompetence of the RC by enforcing a rule of doing nothing?
>>
>>93736923
He actually seemed pretty chill just a bit autistic and had a lot of controversial/bad takes but who doesn't
>>
>>93736707
>Anon, that card with two dudes kissing is less homo that that Tiefling.
lol that’s a harsh reality check. thanks anon
>>
>>93736913
Why not Cromat so you at least have access to a potential beater in the command zone? There's Karona too but the town bicycle really needs modern support to do anything.
>>
>>93736929
I want it to be all premodern frames.

>>93736922
>>
>>93736950
His main sin was only taking action based on the weirdly incestuous meta of his playgroup, and erring on the side of inaction when he felt he didn't have enough data. That's a frustrating way to proctor a format, but a very understandable way to approach being strongarmed into the face of what's increasingly Hasbro's entire business model.
>>
>>93736962
That's a good idea.

Will people get salty if I have fetches and rystic and mystic to make this pile of shit functional?
>>
>>93736984
I doubt it if you're only running premodern cards and say as much. BG actually has some other decent options in Vhati or Vaevictis.
>>
File: fallout decks.png (1.29 MB, 894x887)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
Just bought this bundle of decks, what's the cheapest way to sleeve all 4 off amazon? I don't wanna send another $60 on 400 dragon shields
>>
>>93737029
Put them in a condom and then into your ass.

Don't sleeve all of theses. There is 2 cards worth more than $10
>>
>>93736785
>anti cedh player proves yet again they know nothing of the format
>>
>>93737064
>cards are only good if they have a high price
Yeah, this poster is on the autism spectrum
>>
https://archidekt.com/decks/8679079/anarchists_cookbook
Rate my ultra shit deck building skills.
I'll take any suggestion, i just want to run a silly ass gambling fueled deck ;_;
>>
>>93737105
>They are only worth protection if they have a high price.
Are you stupid or acting like this on purpose?
>>
>>93736785
Trigger rhystic and mystic. thakss
for tapping out bro
>>
>>93737152
this retard is the one talking about card prices >>93737064
I bought these for fun, F-U-N
This apparently triggered a cedh sperg into frothing at the mouth at me for buying the Fallout decks
>>
>>93737108
Why dont you use moxfield? I like having a look at opening hands.

You're going to run out of cards real quick.
Necro or Underworld breach. Otherwise You're going to get 1 flip per turn, hope it does something and pass
>>
I have a phenax mill, mana drain, tutors etc

I hage an umbris exile mill, mostly nightmares/horrors, bo maddening cacophony and only infinite is helm of domination/leyline if the void

Thinking of making a 3rd mill deck, more lower powered and with stuff like casting mind grind and tasha’s vs combo

Too degenerate?
>>
>>93737179
You were complaining about spending more money on sleeves and I said don't sleeve them... Cry harder
>>
>>93737029
If you're intent on making a gamba deck, include topdeck manipulation because the house should always fucking win. Especially since Cruelclaw hard exiles your deck, you really would like to have some clue for what you're getting. You're in Rakdos, so Scry isn't super viable for you to grab, but I would look into Surveil cards and what Scry effects you can: Crystal Ball, Sensei's Divining Top, Hidetsugu, Devouring Chaos, Palantir
>>
>>93737240
so you play with sleeveless decks like a caveman, grug grug??
>>
>>93737262
meant for >>93737108
>>
>>93737108
You need some more ways to draw cards, cheap wheels like misfortune or maybe get anje/faithless looting stuff in there to at least filter the dead draws
Try a couple grave tutors like entomb or buried alive over some of the crappier madness/discard since youre playing reanimator already
>>
return to tradition
>>
>>93737108
Your deck is a one trick pony, cruelclaw will die.

You need to diversify your deck and build to its strength. You need card draw, you want more protection and double strike(double trigger). You need to be able to play things in the event cruelclaw gets targeted. Facebreaker would be a good add, also, if you want creatures, I’d recommend running volrath’s stronghold, it puts a creature from your graveyard ontop of your deck, allowing you to choose what will be cast. Running reanimation spells also works great.

I’d recommend rottenmouth viper
>>
>>93736418
Seven Chancellor of the dross
>>
File: purphoros, bronze.png (197 KB, 265x370)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
>>93737305
pic related is more fun, but feldon goes in the 99
>>
Anon...I've realized that in my pursuit of power all my decks win through non-combat damage or infinites...sad...what's a honest deck to reclaim the combat phase? Maybe frogs and hydras? Open to suggestions
>>
>>93737363
You know what you must do
>>
>>93737329
>pic related is more fun
but I miss my wife
>>
>>93737363
May I interest you in mono blue drake beatdown?
>>
>>93737363
Can I interest you in some extremely honest canned armies?
>>
>>93736949
The best thing a governing body can do is to do nothing.

Imagine what the Commander ban list would look like if the player base got its way. I once had someone try to ban counterspells from our group.
>>
>>93737434
Agreed bestie we should unban Time Vault.
>>
>>93737434
>I once had someone try to ban counterspells from our group.
For Fun format has a lot of people arguing bans based on fun factor. The correct answer is to throw together that $60 Talrand all counterspells and make the party pooper ragequit
>>
>>93737108
A lot of anons have already mentioned the card draw issue, so I won’t harp on it.

What I would consider is more ways for your commander to deal combat damage, since her ability won’t proc without it. Since you have a discard theme, I run the attached creature in my Voltron deck. I also run Urborg as a combo with it, but that card is expensive and swamps are common enough anyways.
>>
>>93737451
Nah, I got him to back down pretty easily. I more or less copied his exact words but replaced “counterspells” with “milling” to turn the same logic against his beloved mill deck.

He got it pretty quickly.
>>
File: en_QxHz6CCYF4.png (206 KB, 265x370)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
>>93737434
>The best thing a governing body can do is to do nothing.
They aren't doing that though, the RC recently stated their next goal is to try and legalize some silver border/acorn stuff. I know a good number of players who want some of the dice roll silver border stuff to be legalized but it seems complex to track what is and isn't legal.
>>
How crucial is running Lightning Bolt in a red deck?
>>
>>93737589
Not super crucial in EDH
>>
File: afr-66-pixie-guide.jpg (98 KB, 488x680)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>93737569
Judges? If I combine that card with pic related, what happens?
>>
>>93737589
>MonoR/Gruul
Pretty important
>Other colors
Not very important
>>
>>93737029
I'm pretty sure precons don't come with double faced cards so you don't need to sleeve them
>>
Aren’t we supposed to get spoilers today? I remember when I used to be able to wake up and look at spoilers before going to work. Why do they insist on blue balling us now?
>>
>>93737670
Replacement effects apply once per instance, you pick the order of the thumb and the guide but youll only get 3
>>
>>93737682
DFCs were a mistake.
>>
>>93737445
Sure why not? It'd pretty much only see play in cedh. Self selecting is memed on but it's true. By and large most casual tables aren't pulling out silly things because casual players have self selected. Things do slip through the cracks of course but it's not the standard.
>>
>>93737223
>>93737284
>>93737299
>>93737310
>>93737513
Much obliged for the suggestions.
>>
>>93737589
I think bolt is a lot better than people give it credit for in commander, but it's not like, mandatory.
>>
>>93737569
they aren't legalizing any silver bordered cards they are just making a retarded 3 tier list of cards you could play via talking it out :^)
>>
I had only seen Nadu in one edh game, I don't think many people even bothered playing him.
>>
>>93737589
Lightning Bolt misses a LOT of critical targets these days. 4 toughness is a really common statline among KOS commanders. Ghostfire Slice is pretty much a straight upgrade and actually nails targets you need dead. Unless you're really hurting for two bolts I would just stick with this one and drop Lightning Bolt.
>>
>>93737589
Bolt is honestly still good and don't listen to people telling you it's not edh playable. ghostfire slash is arguably better though
>>
>>93737721
Things slipping through the cracks is why a banlist needs to exist. I'm tired of "power 7 not cEDH not one of those" Niv-Mizzet, Parun dropping Curiosity. I'm tired of Timmy's first precon upgrade being Rhystic Study + One Ring and I deal with that for a month until he realizes they're problem cards. I'm tired of this shit. I do not have a stable playgroup that decides on a rule 0. I play online and at an LGS in a large city. If Rule 0 is always the answer then the RC may as well not exist because it can be applied just as easily in reverse to say "it's dumb that this card is banned, let's rule 0 to allow it". I am sick and tired of driving for 15 minutes, sitting down, seeing Kenrith, and wondering if it's a power 1 chair tribal or power 10 cEDH because everyone says their deck is a 7.
The banlist sets the baseline for the format. It's fine to lean on rule 0, but the RC seems convinced it can literally never go the other way, which leads to an absurdly permissive banlist that makes the format baseline completely miserable.
>>
>>93738011
Anon I actually believe my deck is a 7 though
>>
>>93737974
Same. Nadu self selected before he was even released
>>
>>93738011
Nah you're a fag. Things slipping through the cracks means every once in a while you play a silly game. No need for bans over what is a very small percentage of edh interactions nanny state nigger
>>
>>93738011
Sounds like a you problem. Why not build a variety of decks at a variety of power levels, you know, like a normal person?
>>
>>93738045
Go to an LGS in LA that does not have an extended banlist. Play there for one month and tell me bans are not needed. You will see shit "slipping through the cracks" every other game. The average game is playing against a power 4 deck that randomly has power 10 cards/combos crammed into it. It is not fun.
>>
>>93738052
>Sit down at table
>Enemy commander is Kenrith
>"My deck is a power 7 value pile"
Assess his power level.
>>
>>93738070
What an immense faggot you are. Custom banlists are always objectively awful. If you dont like playing commander why dont you play a different format?
>>
>>93738091
Because WotC only designs for one format. You literally can not play other formats anymore. I don't play at any LGS with a custom banlist because they're even more retarded.
>>
>>93738079
Sure.
>which combos any combos?
>do you have any fast mana?
>how do you feel about trinisphere?
>>
File: theftkino.png (3.72 MB, 2361x1286)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB PNG
>>93736726
sure
>>
>>93738070
>we need custom banlists!
>>93738099
>I dont like custom banlists!
Seems to me like you dont know what you like. Go play legacy on mtgo, it's what I do and it's fairly entertaining.
>>
>>93738100
>"I have combos but they're bad" (does not elaborate)
>I have Sol Ring
>I can answer it
>>
>>93738111
You can expand the banlist without going nuclear like these stores do.
>>
>>93737239
bump

Looking for fun mill archetypes, going to go with Talion spellslinger with mind grind and other meme spells, maybe some proliferate with rad counters and grindclock
>>
>>93738117
I'd continue to ask questions, but otherwise I'd bring out my second best deck and upgrade to my best deck if shenanagains happen.

>>93738127
No, you really cant.
>>
>>93738070
>go to the godless city of LA and play with a bunch of demonic possessed faggots
No thanks I play with human beings. I'd sooner nuke LA than ban a single card
>>
>>93736740
Question for anyone playing the Mothman, how much of the original precon did you keep? I'm trying to keep as many fallout cards as possible just because i'm a fan of the games, but the deck can feel kind of durdly as you only play one spell each turn and they're not particularly high-impact. I think the precon's average cmc might be a bit too high in general, so maybe adding more ramp to the deck would be good
>>
>>93737223
You can look at opening hands on archidekt by using the playtester
>>
>>93738165
You see it was a trick because I've had both power 1 and power 10 Kenrith decks described the same way. Granted Kenrith is the worst case of power variance by far, but he's the best example of why rule 0 is not effective unless you're in a group you already know.
WotC loves talking about play patterns when banning cards. What kind of play pattern do you think Rhystic Study and Dockside create? "Oops you get fucked because your ramp was the shitty precon artifacts" and "do you pay the 1? do you pay the 1?" I get that there will always be another card in-line for "most degenerate piece of shit" but these cards really feel like colossal outliers just because of how good they are in everything and how unenjoyable they are most of the time.
>>93738170
At this point I'd take it.
>>
>>93738142
This all sounds very gay, I just want to create infinite mana with pili pala and grand architect, then dump it into ambassador laquatus
>>
>>93738142
Build Syr KonCHAD monoblack mill
>>
File: Wadu Winged Wisdom.jpg (352 KB, 1080x655)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
>>93738079
Like, a 3 at best. If he doesn't have a combo piece in the command zone, he's not going to be able to keep up.
>>
>>93738294
>kenrith
>not a combo piece in the command zone
okay
>>
>>93738294
Anon, i'm pretty sure that the commander that, given infinite mana, can draw your whole deck, gain infinite life, reanimate all creatures, give them all infinite power trample and haste is quite literally one of the best definitions of a comboe piece in the command zone
>>
Im glad edhfags, sorry didnt mean to deadname like that. Im glad to see commanderfags suffer wotc raping your format
>>
>>93737422
NTA, but let's see what you got. List?
>>
>>93738346
both names are accurate and who cares? commander is a more accurate name than edh is
>>
>>93736346
>autistic people are so mentally ill that a simple tax reminder sets them into a blind rage
>>
>>93738359
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/x_CXX9U9p0qevo_dlqZwfw
>>
>>93738412
Nah autistic people fucking love retarded rules. The word literally comes from "automata" they have a very poor ability to question things. If the rules of the game permit Rhystic Study, and Rhystic Study on the field imposes a rule, then that is acceptable
>>
>>93735807
Yeah I've seen someone combo it with that before.
>>
>>93738412
I guess then there is no reason for bans, oh wise one
>>
>>93736346
Niggas need to start running some mass artifact and enchantment destruction instead of writing these posts.
>>
>>93738208
80% of all of them are playable but each has about 20 cards you could cut for better options since they have multiple clashing themes to give you wiggle room for innovating
>>
>>93738412
>tax
>have to pay 1 mana to avoid a player drawing a card forever
>cant on curve anymore
>they are blue
>have counters and other faggotry
>haha just pay the 1!

>>93738461
>gets countered
sorry dipshit, oh, and make sure you pay the 1 for the 4 cost spell.
We just need a rhystic for each color then, because apparently rhystic isn't overpowered, so we just need to print rhystic for each pie slice and then make them as busted.
>>
File: m15-169-back-to-nature.jpg (324 KB, 672x936)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
>>93738461
Randos never ever seem to pack any artifact/enchantment wipes other than maybe Farewell if they're in white.

Sure, if you don't have G or W you have some excuse. But it still blows my mind when someone plays a mana doubler or some other insane value enchantment and no one else at the table even bats an eye.
>>
>>93737589
>How crucial is running Lightning Bolt in a red deck?
Its not in the top 50 for red but thats a list including things like wheel of fortune and gauntlet. If you start intentionally looking for it youll catch lots of people playing something on theme thats just worse than lightning bolt
>goblins deck running some dumbass vanilla goblin
>Purphoros player with some combo piece that only does something when theyre already about to win
>Yidaro with bad beatsticks
You need to have a pretty good list going to have all of your nonland cards to be better than lightning bolt but its not impossible
>>
I like this bird
>>
File: 1697872558665697.jpg (160 KB, 716x1000)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>93735162
I agree
>>
>>93738486
I always keep at least one packed up if I have access to it. Red I'm at least jamming Anzrag's Rampage or Vandalblast for artifacts. People put too much stake in their utility cards sticking around and will just take huge risks for no reason to throw them out when they have a safer option. Blowing someone's knees out because they're leaning way too hard on mana rocks is an added bonus.
>>
>>93738469
>play rhystic
>it gets countered
Fuck you got some sick logic spazanon
>>
>>93737276
Literally yes.
>>
>>93738110
How does this win?
>>
>>93738558
yes, that's what happens quite often.
>>
Probably my favourite enchantment removal. The rate is decent for a single enchantment but the chance to just blow out your opponents is juicy
>>
>>93738605
I always thought this one was cool, but never found a home for it.
>>
>>93738579
casting a lot of spells from my opponents decks. every card is either ramp or basically some form of "draw/cast from opponents library." it is a meme deck, but it was also solving a couple problems i had/found with most theft decks. first, was the "unfun" aspect, opponents get more upset if you take control of a creature they have, because you are removing what they have and gaining a threat of your own, so i tried to stick to mostly letting me cast spells from their libraries, so resources they haven't even accrued yet. the other problem, is that a lot of theft decks are control decks at heart but have trouble making a wincon out of their opponents resources while also using countermagic, removal, etc. so i only used two types of cards: ramp and steal/copy. at worst, a bunch of the creatures that steal are fatties on their own and can let me just beat face in the worst case scenario. i can usually build wincons out of my opponents decks with how much theft is there, though.
>>
File: 1529804404760.jpg (104 KB, 666x636)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>really looking forward to commander night today to trry some new stuff
>pod informs they will be speaking tonight
>don't want to play with the autistic randoms because 9 times out of ten I just don't enjoy it at all and leave early
>just stay home
>>
>>93738676
>they will be speaking tonight
What?
>>
>>93738676
the only time i had a problem playing with randoms was when some fat retard was playing yuriko with a power level WAY beyond all of us and he keep calling the judge every single time because of stupid interactions with his stupid commander, he lost in the end, but fuck him, everytime i see in my lgd i just avoid him like the plague, fucking fattys i swear
>>
>>93738747
....I have no fucking clue how that word got there. I meant...not going.

I may have had a stroke.
>>
>>93737029
1k penny sleeves on Amazon is still like $10.
>>
Worth getting the festival in a box?
>>
>>93738764
For me it usually ends up

>retard who takes 15 minutes to make a turn
>cEDH type rule shark who pretty much wins before the game starts by bringing a 10 to a pod of 4's
>total assholes
>people who never played before
>>
>>93738676
Yeah after playing with randoms for like two years at my LGS i figured out that i would rather not play at all. Strangely enough being forced to stop because of covid was what made me realize iit. Nowdays i only play with a pod of friends, and if they ever stop playing i guess i'll stop too
>>
>>93738832
I just noted that when I play with randoms I often leave a good 90 minutes early and often leave in an irritated mood. Not worth driving 12 miles for that
>>
I'm actually really looking forward to duskmorne, i hope it's not bad. I like what we have seen so far.
>>
When do we get spoilers for duskmourn
>>
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/feature/on-banning-nadu-winged-wisdom-in-modern
>Ultimately, my intention was to create a build-around aimed at Commander play, which resulted in the final text.
>We didn't playtest with Nadu's final iteration, as we were too far along in the process, and it shipped as-is.
Lol
Lmao even
>>
>>93738906
>yeah we built him for commander p much
>but we put him in the base set instead of m3c because........
surely they can't be this stupid, right?
>>
>>93738906
>We didn't playtest with Nadu's final iteration, as we were too far along in the process, and it shipped as-is.

Even just reading the card though it's bonkers, who greenlit this? They should be fired. Anyone who reads the card knows it's super powerful
>>
>>93738921
you can tell they didn't playtest nadu bc they printed him as a $2 rare instead of a chase mythic :^)
>>
>>93738899
I can't wait for a full month of everyone reeeing and hating the set after a month of sucking the dick of a mediocre set because it had easter ad art
>>
>>93738921
They 100% knew that card was a value printer with Lightning Greaves, they just forgot that there's a dozen other cards that do the same thing because as it turns out "Target permanent" isn't normally a very valuable effect.
They won't admit to that though because after seeing the retarded play pattern Nadu creates even with JUST Lightning Greaves it's inexcusable.
>>
>>93738921
I think the whole narrative is bullshit. There are clearly GU biased designers at WotC and they knew how long it would take for WotC to admit a mistake and ban a powerful card that sells packs. They knew what they were doing.

>>93738926
This is the only compelling evidence that it was a genuine unintentional mistake. WotC ALWAYS uses that mythic slot for milking as much money out of selling boxes.
>>
File: 1713293713288864.png (1.24 MB, 3000x1680)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>93736025
>>
>>93738967
i guess to be fair hogaak was also a $2 rare lmao
>>
File: 1665523437532052.webm (1.41 MB, 1280x720)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB WEBM
>>93738913
>even having commander precon decks
>for a MODERN Horizons set
>>
>>93736826
>>93738208
I'm pretty sure I've replaced over half this deck. I think. But I've won more than once with it.
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/9xvX2HsbQEWvEokSz3iTrA
>>
>>93739005
Everyone knows that Modern Horizons is the place where WotC now prints their best EDH product.
>>
>>93739005
Commander horizons
>>
File: file.jpg (154 KB, 672x936)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>93739033
Ironically Commander-focused sets are mostly Vintage staples
>>
>>93739091
Legacy staples anon. Initiative is pretty meh in vintage, like it's used, but it isnt spectacular. I'm interested to see how the urzas saga ban shakes things up.
>>
>>93739005
It's always retarded that this bothered retards
>>
>>93739112
Yeah man it's perfectly normal to have modern decks for Commander Legends
>>
>>93738906
I don't fucking GET IT. ITS FUCKING SIMPLE! HOLY FUCK

Ever since skullclamp, they know that putting shit in no one play tested is fucking dumb.

make a list. put a check mark over 'done' and 'playtested' then, when you go to print, you EXCLUDE ANYTHING THAT ISNT PLAYTESTED OR MAYBE JUST FUCKING CHECK

GOD

WHY DOES THIS MAKE ME SO ANGRY I DONT EVEN GIVE A SHIT ABOUT NADU
>>
>>93739139
Would it have bothered you if those decks were released at the exact same date they were released but had been called "COMMANDER STARTER DECKS" instead of Modern Horizons?
>>
>>93739170
Would it bother you if there was a set called Commander Legends that had no cards for Commander or Legendary cards
>>
>>93739190
Yeah. But that isn't what happened here so it seems pretty irrelevant.
>>
>>93739211
And yet what did happen here is upsetting people because it's an obvious parallel
>>
>>93739267
It isn't at all and you are genuinely retarded if you cannot see the difference between commander decks and "an entire set that has nothing for commander."
Yeah man, MH3 was totally a commander set. That's why Nadu was banned and half of modern is energy cards from MH3.
>>
>>93738906
Giving your creatures flash in Simic colors isn't even that exciting
Go fuck yourself, Majors. You don't know shit about Commander--let alone were even around when Prophet of Kruphix was shitting up the place.
>>
God I hate Cao Cao so much. I'm glad mtg knew he was an evil self serving fucker. Liu Bei is a close second.
>>
>>93739274
The only genuine retard here is you when you made this post>>93739112
>>
>>93739286
Who?
>>
File: 1387856824320.png (6 KB, 256x224)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>93739286
t. baby footballer
>>
File: 1698106141210914.png (1.09 MB, 899x907)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>93734768
>TQ
that people might get sick of powercreep and finally try PreDH
>>
>>93739315
No thanks. It's set too far back.
>>
>>93739274
t. Slop consumer
>>
>>93739320
Whats wrong with 2011 era EDH? its the glory days of flickering Avenger of Zendikar, of unironically casting plague wind and kicking rite of Replication to make 5 Stormtide Leviathans. Its when people played Xiahou dun and Rafiq of the many. The only issues are the lack of Enemy duo and tri color commanders in specific combinations
>>
>>93739356
Too far back. Go to 2014 and I'd join you. Innistrad and RTR are very fun sets and shouldn't be cut out because you hated some ass precons that came out a year prior or whatever
>>
>>93739356
Dragon tribal sucks.
>>
>>93739289
Step it up senpai.

>>93739295
Hey he's second worst boy. He's no Zhang Liao or Lu Bu. Not even Xiahou Dun.
>>
>>93739360
i joined when m14 came out and while that does sound extremely fun it would have to be another era format. Yugioh of all games has cataloguing of specific eras and decks played at those times, why doesnt MTG do this? 2014 era commander would be dope.
>>
>>93739320
This. No Blasphemous Act, Lab Man, Avacyn, Craterhoof, Blood Artist, or Deadeye Navigator is just fucking weird in a format trying to relive the glory days.
>>
>>93739369
No one on Earth plays anything but the one standard format Yugioh has had for 25 years.
>>
>>93739377
no there's been a small older format that's been having niche amounts of popularity recently
>>
File: 1690941780008685.jpg (135 KB, 975x1024)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>93739286
>>
>>93739376
Innistrad/RTR Standard was also a very popular time for the game that saw a lot of new players get into the game. A lot of people have fond memories of those times and would be far more likely to give the format a chance if it allowed them to use cards from that time. I also don't feel RTR or Innistrad has horibly over powered commander cards.
Making it before Innistrad/RTR shoots the format in the foot.
>>
>>93738802
bump about to buy, anything good in it?
>>
>>93738802
Don't feed the Jews more money. Give it to Chinaman and get real good looking fakes.
>>
File: 1724214666833589.jpg (185 KB, 1024x1024)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>93739416
I have $250 to spend on paper but don't know how to use scryfall
>>
>>93739376
What would the cutoff point be for 2014 era EDH? id argue no cards from m15 and onwards, keep it all modern cardframes before the updated black and stamped ones. The more i think about this the more fun this sounds.
>>
>>93739377
Nobthere are niche communities online that play older formats like Goat. point being theres an audience for Throwback formats ala Premodern.
>>
File: 1724569325138012m.jpg (155 KB, 1024x1024)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>93739393
I will rather I wronged all the people under the heavens than for all the people under the heavens to wrong me."
>Cao Cao the backstabbing fag boy

God I hate him so fucking much.
>>
>>93739369
Yugioh manages have interest in historical formats because if you want to make a different YGO format that's kinda your only option. A Modern/Pioneer/Standard equivalent in YGO would just be the exact same thing as the normal game.
>>
>look up talion decks
>see this
>discard/mill deck

is it worth making this? I know no one will ever want to play it, so I'm pondering why bother
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/P_cXz0G0YUC6wjoAYDs_KQ
>>
Should I do it?
>>
>>93739416
>>93738802
Yes. Buy the max amount of copies, you'll definitely be able to flip it and the cards in it will retain value for sure.
>>
>>93738927
I'm as excited for horror movie set as I was for bloomburrow, they both feel fun, I'm honestly only mad that Duskmourn has to waste a fifth of the cards on the literal-whos WoTC is trying to cram into Jacetice League 2.0
>>
>>93739620
I'll never understand this sheer fucking aversion Magic fans seem to have to recurring characters existing.
>>
>>93739640
Because most of them are boring. They then take up card designs that could have been used for other characters. It's not hard to understand. Nobody is excited by Jace
>>
>>93739651
>Nobody is excited by Jace
I am, actually.
>>
>>93739655
Sorry idk how to tell you this anon but you might be gay
>>
>>93739651
I'd take 100 jaces over a single vivian, kaito, saheeli, basri, teyo, animatou, oko, kasmina, kaya, quintorious, or niko.
>>
>>93739598
Do it for PreDH. as good taste a choice he isnt dont expect to win many games.
>>
>>93739693
as much a good taste choice he is***
tard moment lmao
>>
>>93739686
Well, we disagree then. 100 jaces sounds like the most boring thing in the world
>>
>>93739651
Chandra has more cards than Jace btw
>>
>>93739708
I dont care what you think is boring, I think 10 million useless planeswalkers no one gives a shit about is boring. They're all over designed market research driven generic garbage. Jace at least has some plot development, kind of, and a consistent design beyond gay ass elphant, faggot with crystals, lady jace, ultimate power child, gay shield boy or gay elf without a shirt.
>>
>>93739734
Yeah I didn't mention her in the example because I want to fuck her
>>
>>93739739
I don't care what you think either and it's clear you have some of the worst taste ever displayed on this board by that post
>>
>>93739740
better transition into a woman elf.
>>
>>93738011
>Rhystic Study
>Problem card
el em eh oh
It's only a problem card if you play with retards, much like Tempt with Discovery.
>>
>>93739744
Tell me one redeeming thing about a single planeswalker I mentioned. One interesting lore tidbit without going to mtgwiki. I bet my left nut you know nothing about that forgettable blur of corporate garbage, other than maybe oko, but he had one of the most pushed cards ever so it's understandable.
>>
>>93739774
I like kaito because of his romance and childhood with wandering emps.
I like quintorious because of his backstory being s nerd and getting rejected.
I like saheeli because she is a lesbian.

Kaya can suck a dick.
>>
>>93739787
Are you gay? Not like meme gay for being a fag, but actually gay?
>>
>>93739802
You're the one who Simps for Jace lmao
>>
>>93739787
>he unironically likes romance but doesnt like castaway jace seducing the hot goron pussy
Come on, step it up.
>likes the big gay elphant for being a fucking loser
>likes saheeli "I'm a better artificer than the best artificer in magic but I dont do anything with it because I have no character development" Rai because she's a lesbian even though it literally never matters and is incredibly superficial
Sasuga fag-kun. I hope you're this way because you dont know any better and not by choice.

>>93739811
I dont even like jace, but at least I can tell you relevant plot details concerning him that add to his character. We need more Grist and Ajani and less assorted pandering mess.
>>
>>93739843
>Grist
When the fuck did Grist ever do anything relevant

>he unironically likes romance but doesnt like castaway jace seducing the hot goron pussy
Jace has done ONE based thing in over 20 years of magic it doesn't allow me to forgive the other faggotry

Also if you dislike loxodons you literally have no taste and are probably a zoomer who doesn't remember them from mirrodin and og ravnica
>>
>>93739640
Jace is a good character and fine on his own, the Jacetice League was a horrible arc that did everything it could to ruin everything interesting about him. Everything involving him before it, and after it ended, has been fine. There's nothing wrong with recurring characters, but when every set becomes "Wow, look where {cardname} is going now!" and is just about the superfriends doing gay superfriend shit no one cares about, instead of being about exploring cool and unique settings and the stories of those worlds, it's easy to get burned out on those characters and want to see something else. I don't want to see Jace go to 20 worlds and just do Jace stuff there, I want to see 20 worlds and what happens on them, and if Jace happens to show up in a few of them that's fine too.
>>
I hate planeswalkers because they're Mary Sues
>>
Planeswalkers were supposed to be the face of the game and excite players but commander actually killed that too, players don't care about planeswalkers they instead care about legendary creatures, part of what they did with MOM aftermath was testing the waters for de-sparking planeswalkers
>>
>>93739866
Grist is mechanically neat, has good art, and the concept of a hive mind insect planeswalker is also neat. It's pretty much the exact opposite of the big gay elephant. Just look at what the wiki says about him:
>Quint is a positive, upbeat, nerdy guy who is easily excitable and much more likely to talk your ears off than use a sword. He has a big, imposing body, but also a high-pitched voice and a dweeby, boyish charm. Quint can be quite nervous and sometimes be kind of a mess.
Holy fucking shit it's so bad. Who could like something like that? That has nothing to do with loxodons and everything to do with a horribly designed character.
>>
File: Bro what the fuck.jpg (949 KB, 1080x1847)
949 KB
949 KB JPG
>>93739866
>When the fuck did Grist ever do anything relevant
She stole anon's heart that one time
>>
>>93739903
>Who could like something like that?
You're probably just mad because his description hits too close to home for you irl. Sorry that every character isint some retarded fucking edgelord
>>
File: IMG_4851.jpg (349 KB, 672x936)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
>>93736972
if money’s no object, I recommend honesf muldrotha
>>
File: ThinkingMeme.png (39 KB, 957x957)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>93739903
Is this real? It cant possibly be real.
>>
>>93739915
What the fuck is this
>>
>>93739598
He will be reprinted soon enough. Wotc has been trickling in the portal cards the past few years
>>
>>93739916
Y-you're actually mad because you like that character? You read that paragraph and said "you know what this guy is neat and I'd like to show him to my friends." Anon I could design a better character in 30 seconds. Anyone could.
>>
>>93739962
Mad? I'm not mad at all. Why don't you design a better character for us anon, you have a full minute which is double 30 seconds.
>>
>>93739523
It would arguably be the same game but worse because it would lack a large number of responsive options turning the game into "go first and win". AKA Legacy/Vintage without the threat of Force.
>>
>>93739998
Sure heres like 3:
>living suit of armor who used to be an artificer's apprentice but accidentally stepped inside the armor to try and defend his castle from invasion. He's now on a never ending quest to be the most chivalrous knight though he doesnt know what that exactly it means.
>mr bones, the skeleton planeswalker who was left in an oubliette but the magic radiation from some mcguffin kept him alive. He was imprisoned for so long he finds all nature fascinating and speaks like an old timey gentleman. He has his own vehicle and goes on a ride across the planeswalker multiverse that never ends.
>Someguy McDickface, the thuggish brute who wound up becoming a big mob boss when the previous head honcho got poisoned by an enemy and had to sell all his incredible riches to try and help him find a cure, but he's too late and in his despair drinks the potion and becomes a planeswalker. He doesnt say very much but he weilds punch themed magic and wears a suit with no sleeves to show off his four arms. He also has an eyepatch for mysterious lore reasons with a secret hidden underneath.
>>
File: yeah-excellent.gif (218 KB, 220x224)
218 KB
218 KB GIF
>>93740050
You took longer than 30 seconds but not bad. Not bad at all.
>>
>>93739866
NTA. Grist has a lot of potential for a cool story. She hasn't really done much yet, but the character concept is pretty novel in the MtG universe.

Quint is the best thing that came out of Strixhaven IMO. Didn't really care for the twins or Incognito Liliana, but Quint trying to uncover his race's lost history is fucking awesome.
>>
>You're not allowed to like thing because i don't like thing!
Internet discourse continues to reach all time lows
>>
File: 1722655413118800.png (537 KB, 720x719)
537 KB
537 KB PNG
>>93740050
>chivalrous but retarded suit of armor knight
>skeleton botanist who drives a cool car
>goro the brooding punch wizard
You know what, I'd play them. I'm surprised mtg doesnt have more punch wizards to tell you the truth.
>>
>>93740050
pretty cool
what are their colors
>>
Here's my original character for Magic:
>He's a gay dude
>He does a lot of stuff trying to impress his love interest (he doesn't want anyone to know this though)
>A lot of it is powergrab stuff though and his gay love interest isn't evil, so love interest shuns him and talks down to him a lot, doesn't even realize he is actually romantically interested. Just sees him as an asshole trying to flex.
>This makes him feel really sad and insecure so he doubles down on being evil because he feels his love interest won't ever see him as anything else
>Keeps trying to amass more power to prove himself to his love interest, tragically not realizing that's only alienating him more from everyone else, especially his love interest.
>Culminates in him privately having a "what have I done" moment and letting himself lose a big battle to his love interest, sacrificing himself so he can make the person he always loved look like a hero
>Goes sideways when love interest notices superintelligent mastermind was suddenly struck by profound mental retardation, realizes it's part of another part of a master plan, but doesn't realize he was genuinely just an heroing rather than a buildup to something else
>Instead of killing him, locks them both in a dimensional superprison where they're completely isolated
>Frustration and pent-up feelings abound
>Also his name is Nicolas Balls
>>
>>93740050
>living suit of armor who used to be an artificer's apprentice
Fundamentally incoherent unless you mean there's a dead guy inside it and his mind is still alive like soma
>>
>>93739940
People will fetishize literally anything
>>
>>93740058
>>93740163
>>93740202
Thanks anons, I just spewed out the first thoughts I had out of spite to be honest.
>what are their colors?
Uhhh didnt think that fair ahead. The armor could be azorious, mr bones could be golgari, and Someguy Mcdickface seems pretty monored to me. I bet they could have a pretty good dynamic as a party, but I'd have to put way more thought into why and how they got together.
>>
>>93740235
Yeah something like that. Or whats his face from full metal alchemist, though I never really watched it. Like the guy inside is definitely dead, but he's animating the armor?
>>
>>93734768

>>93740273
>>93740273
>>93740273
>>
>>93736240
If only there was some way to allow him in the 99 but not the command zone.
>>
>>93739640
because the new ones are tokens
>>
>>93741221
They should have kept that.
>>
>>93739640
>new set with new lore and characters and storylines
>but wait now we have to read about how Niko is heckin enby again.
I don't care about characters with no connection to the plane I care about the settings and the cards they produce, especially since they axed the block format so every card wasted on some literal Who like Kaya is one less card for what I do care about.
If we go back to Ravnica yeah, I'd love to see more ravnica characters, that's when you recur a character.

I do not give two fucks about Nashi or how he's mad his Mom is a ghost or whatever now.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.