[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: lie-setiawan-sacrosanct.jpg (260 KB, 794x1200)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>Previously in the Mortal Realms:

>>94162435

Would-Be Novel, edition

>Official AoS website:
https://www.ageofsigmar.com

>Downloads, Rules Errata and FAQs:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-downloads/

>Tools
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/
https://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

>Anvil of Apotheosis hero creator:
https://aosg.github.io/

>Booru:
https://ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

>Thread question:
Whats the most memorable game you've had?
>>
File: OrruksVsSerpahon.png (1.13 MB, 1000x511)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>savage orruks in most orruk arts
>removed from game
>>
>>94186537
I doubt it's most
>>
>>94186537
That was when they tried to push the orruk warclans big waagh meme
>>
>>94186631
And nobody ever fell for it
>>
I bought the ossiarch bonereaper spearhead, and im wondering, Is it best to leave the shields off the Mortek Guard and attach those later when im done painting the body? do I have to cover the connection points with anything so I dont cover it with basecoat paint? First time ever doing any of this kind of stuff
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

Test
>>
>>94186861

If it's going to bother you that the insides of the shields and the bones behind them will be poorly painted at best then absolutely leave them off.

I promise you no one else will notice or care.
>>
>>94186861

As for connection points, you could use some blutack but it shouldn't be a problem, plastic glue eats through paint, just make sure there isn’t much paint there.

And you can always scrape off any excess paint with a knife.
>>
Thanks for the tips, I guess if it isnt a problem I wont bother covering up the connection points. Will save me some time so I can actualy start painting
>>
>>94186897
Failed
>>
>>94186537
Post them
Battletome covers don't count because they're rarely used again, so that's just one
>>
>>94186376

>tq

One game that stands in memory was my 3rd or 4th 2k game in 2nd edition. The first one where I felt like I knew what I was doing and the plan came together.

It was my Ironjawz vs STD and I got first turn, I then did the old ironjawz thing of alpha charging 6 pigs and a maw krusha into the enemy line.

But most crucially I managed to teleport a reinforced Ardboyz unit behind enemy lines and charge them into Archaon, who they somehow managed to kill by turn 3.

Good times.
>>
File: Free October Mini.png (433 KB, 819x605)
433 KB
433 KB PNG
Looking to get into AoS from 40k where I own and main most of the Khorne Daemons range. I have a game arranged for next weekend, but realize I am severely handicapped by the lack of an altar, a Slaughterpriest, and spell models. I'm cool with that for now since it's just a casual game, but is there any way to kitbash or get the stuff I'm missing in a way that is acceptable to GW event people? Assuming I enjoy the game I'm willing to pay, but prefer to be a cheapass about it.
>The free model seems like it could make a decent Slaughterpriest with some adjustments, but I doubt that'd be acceptable to James
>>
>>94187539

Replace the head, the weapon and the shield with things appropriately Khorny, make the base a bit more impressive and fitting for a hero and then paint him all red and such.

Do all that and no one can complain.
>>
>>94187539
>>94187805
Slaughterpries is quite big, so a warior kitbash might need a new base and a stepping stool
>>
>>94187847
I'll give up on that then, I was kinda hoping to stick to models that could work with both systems but I love the Slaughterpriest model anyhow.
A bit more hesitant about the spells and altar, but I play at GW stuff sometimes and I can't really not justify not having them since they're free in points cost
>Damn you James
>>
File: IMG_20241018_135524.png (186 KB, 432x439)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>94187539
the chaos spawn kit is a treasure trove of bits which you could use in conversions

the khornate endless spells shouldn't be too difficult to scratchbuild, one of them is just a spare axe from a bloodthirster, another you could get away with one or two floating khornate banners from blood warriors, the skulls and scenery are a bit harder, but you could get away with genuine scrap in the general shape and decorated with plenty of blood paint
surely under Halloween it shouldn't be hard to find skulls of any shape and size
>>
Good point with the axe, I have quite a few floating around
The banners are a good idea, as are the skullls. Have to check if the bases are cheaper than just buying the thing outright.
Thanks, any other advice concerning AoS would be good. I'm pretty familiar with the ins and outs of hobbying with 40K but AoS is a bit new to me.
>>
File: 1719545434998807.jpg (474 KB, 1840x1900)
474 KB
474 KB JPG
What am I in for?
>>
>>94188270
A WHFB mainstay once again inserted into AoS.
>>
>>94188288
They r ally need to stop importing FB characters and start coming up with their own. I don't give a FUCK about hashut ot malerion dawg make up new characters
>>
>>94188288
Who is it this time?
>>
>>94188270
A plot that really goes nowhere. Characters who don't really grow. A story that only works if you never stop to think about what's going on or if all the characters are braindead.

Utter dogshit.
>>
>>94188557
Nobody really. Unless he's broadly alluding to background characters like Sigmar and Archaon who are mentioned but don't appear in the story. I'm not sure what anon is talking about.
>>
Are there any beasts of chaos that aren't screaming drooling retards?
>>
>>94188736
Yes.
>>
>>94188736

No.
Also come June they no longer exist.
>>
>>94188745
>>94188746
I'm getting mixed messages here...
>>
>>94188748

You're the one asking on a Nicaraguan hand modeling board so you can only blame yourself.
>>
>>
>>94188863
>>
>>94188748
Beasts of chaos as an army are removed from aos, and come next summer their rules will be considered outdated and no longer getting point updates

But there are some beastmen leftover in other chaos armies for aos, predominantly in the tzeentch army where tzaangors are more refined compared to your average screaming drooling goat
>>
>>94188872
Oh, this one’s great.
>>
>>94188879
I'm do realize that BoC gets shafted and Tzaangors are not your average brayherd. But the question persists: Are there any beasts of chaos that aren't screaming drooling retards? (Dragon Ogors perhaps)?
>>
>>94188946
At least one, the main BoC guy from Hallowed Knights: Black Pyramid was pretty smart.
>>
>>94188961
There's another from that series who was a knighted squire in the order of the fly too. The SCE who kills him regrets having to do so, wondering if his kind could have been redeemed in much the same way the protagonist of black pyramid cooperates with the beastman in that
>>
How many armies is too many armies? I want to pick one base on the popular advice - choose the army you like - but I like almost every army and think about buying... three or four?
>>
>>94188995
There's no too many, collecting and painting is a hobby in itself but most can probably only play a few
>>
>>94188995
That's not crazy and AoS is somewhat cheaper then 40k when it comes to having full armies. It was much easier for me to build SCE and ogres then it was for any 40k army outside of Custodes
>>
>>94188995
Start reading lore for each and then looking at the minis. Your imagination should narrow stuff down if you can more easily imagine some minis doing the described actions compared to others.
>>
>>94188995
its not so much a problem of too many, i've been in the hobby for 20 years and have 6 armies for aos and 6 for 40k (as well as 2 for warmachine and several boxes of dnd minis)

the issue is more 'too much at once'. if you buy 2 or 3 armies at the same time, or i'd say within the span of a year or two, you will find your self with an overwhelming backlog of unpainted grey plastic and that is often the biggest and most immediate cause of burnout.

start with one army. and im not one of those "buy one box at a time and dont buy another until you paint it" people, but i dont recommend having more than one army under construction at a time per game, you will just get buried by the sheer time requirements of painting an army.

i do think having multiple combat patrol/spearheads going at once is manageable though, if you can pick up a spearhead and then just leave it at that.
>>
>>94188995

I'm reaching the point of "too many" I think.
I have 12 armies of 2000points or more, 5 of which are over 5k and one over 10k.
I'm running out of shelf and storage space as a result.
I play four of those armies regularly.
>>
>>94188288
Oh yeh, Gunnar was my favourite character back in 1996
>>
>>94188736
Tzaangors
>>
>>94188946
dragon ogres aren't actually beastmen mutants, despite being found often in their armies

if you don't accept tzaangors as your answer then the closest things you can find to less savage beastmen are 40k's imperial beastmen or the ancestors of tzaangors in aos, you can read about them in the twistfray fluff, or some types of beastmen from fantasy, for example ind was noted for having tigermen but while brutal, they weren't quite as bestial as the conventional goatmen of the forests of the empire.
the south pole of the warhammer world was also the home of beastmen that didn't get born from mutations in a human population but purely from mutated animals and from breeding with demons, some of these accompanied archaon when he use the southern portal to reach the northern one and interestingly enough they started to mutate, but instead of mutating into more bestial forms they mutated into more human-like forms
>>
File: nekkchoppa.png (2.7 MB, 1080x1248)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB PNG
Any tips or suggestions for the base? I'm going to drybrush the rock after another black wash.

I have agrellan earth and AK muddy earth but idk how to drybrush or undercoat/basecoat whatever basing paste I use. I'm leaning to agrellan earth with some arid sandy drybrushing. idk guys help me out here.
>>
>>94187539
the blades of khorne vanguard/spearhead is not bad if you don't mind the older models it comes with. the slaughterpriest it comes with is a different variant but I don't think anybody at any LGS will care. It's 50/50 if a GW event will permit it.

If you own enough daemons (and like the daemons part) then just get the priest, the altar and the spells. You can maybe kitbash the priest if you have similar weapons and a khorne-y helmet.

Maybe check for 40k khorne berzerker or AoS blood warrior/skullreaper bits on ebay and get some helmets and glue it to the chaos warrior if you can find them easily and then paint him red. maybe take off the shield arm and put some severed heads or another weapon to differentiate him more. Paint a gold khorne icon on his cape or something idk.
>>
>>94186376
>TQ
Ngl, meeting new people was more entertaining than the games I played in 3rd ed.
I did spot a trend among the worst of waacfags
>Getting tabled by a small piece of shit, who copied a netlist and proxied it with paper cutout bases. The kind of piece of shit who yells I glee at every 6 he rolled
>Getting tabled by waacfag, who's SoB army consisted of four empty 160mm bases. He scored second place in the tournament
>Getting tabled by stonehorn spamming ogre player, who rolled hot on charges and threw most of my army off the table with a double turn. His stonehorns were either proxies or empty bases
>>
>>94189270
I'd recommend you highlight his skin a little more. It looks flat and unfinished, compared to his armor
>>
>>94189864
...why were they allow to play with proxies in a tourney? The other two things were things you allowed unless they kept out useful info
>>
Oh boy, trading my octarius terrain and some orks for a big ol bunch of ossiarch dudes. Anyone know what the deal with ossiarch is?
>>
>>94189864
>four empty 160mm bases
What is even going through head of such people... What is the point of such game, where is the fun or having army that is just empty round circles?
>>
>>94190103
I'd have respect for even just like, a funny idea to go alongside a base with no giant. Like an overly elaborate old terrain base with just a guy with an assault rifle or something stupid.

Especially if you're gonna be that fucking guy and just netdeck your fucking list up to some meta slop.
>>
>>94189973

They used to be a recursion heavy army with complex tactics and an answer to every situation, now they are usually played as a super elite army with simple but strong battle traits.

If you don't have any Morghast or deathriders I suggest you get some.
>>
So are beasts of chaos going to be played as dark oath now? Kinda weird they don’t have a marauder chariot too…
>>
File: Untitled3232.jpg (546 KB, 910x1341)
546 KB
546 KB JPG
I'm a bit torn. Since Chaos Dwarfs are coming, I'd like to get them some slave warriors. Horns of Hashut and Hobgoblins feel natural, but what about Black Orcs? Apparently a few of them still remained, so I'm thinking a unit of five for a display board. Question is, do I opt for the old Black Orc kit or the new 'Ardboys?
>>
>>94190232

I hope not for their sake, Darkoath have terrible rules.
>>
>>94190258
I think they'll look too neat stood next to the Horns, also the sculpts are showing their age. Just go for the Ardboyz kit.
>>
>>94190258
Either proonts or the new ones. Unfortunately neither actually look like the artwork, it's either chunky-clunky or smashed-and-battered. I'd suggest putting helmets on all of them, tho.
>>
What am I in for?
>>
File: 1729209047012581.gif (829 KB, 244x264)
829 KB
829 KB GIF
>>94190194
From what I can tell the lot I'm getting has 6 morghasts and 3 of the multi head guys.
>>
>>94190783
It would actually be quite fluffy to use the new ones, runaway slaves that have been recaptured aren't exactly going to be treated well, and slapping pigshit armour on them fits.
>>
There rumors going on tgat the Gitmob army box is going to have Doomdiver catapult and wolf chariots
>>
>>94190899
Heavily chapterized adventure comedy caper story with dwarfs in flying boats.
>>
>>94191378
hell yeah
>>
Scans are dead. Nagash won.
>>
>>94187805
Slaughterpriest is legitimately huge. He's around the size of a terminator, maybe bigger. Chaos warriors are probably about chest height on him
>>
File: angron-wip-18.jpg (644 KB, 1195x709)
644 KB
644 KB JPG
>>94191527
>around the size of a terminator
bigger
>>
>>94188995
Too many is only a threshold that you can decide on your own. If you have space to store all of them, and enjoy painting lots of different stuff, there's no reason you could have one of every army. I think it's nice having multiple projects to work on because it gives you something to pivot to if you become burnt out or frustrated with one project. I think as your first army it's best to pick one that you're most excited to paint and have lots of ideas for
>>
File: angron-versions-2.jpg (691 KB, 1278x709)
691 KB
691 KB JPG
>>94191567
>>
>>94191567
I meant the new terminators not the stinky old ones from calth. But the point still stands, mf is beeg
>>
File: ylz3di2m5me31.jpg (449 KB, 3009x2257)
449 KB
449 KB JPG
>>94191574
>>
>>94191580
>>
>>94191576
>new terminators not the stinky old ones
They're not that bigger
>>
>>94188995
Hell if I know, I've got all 4 death armys and feel like that's probably my limit. But I figure they all cross polinate enough to be 1 pseudo massive fuckoff army.
>>
>>94190903

>6 Morghast

That is a lot anon, certainly playable but people usually have one reinforced unit of 4.
>>
>>94189425
GW wouldn't allow an older slaughterpriest? Why?
>If you own enough daemons (and like the daemons part) then just get the priest, the altar and the spells.
I'll probably just do this. Not too expensive by GW standards
>>
>>94191693
I'm excited, seems like some cool models too and I just finished my Nagash and have a little on foot Arkhan too.
>>
File: 20241018_230823.jpg (595 KB, 2497x2497)
595 KB
595 KB JPG
>>
>tfw made fluff for an ogre character
>tfw didn't actually get the army after all
>tfw just sad I can't make him official in the lore

Sucks.
>>
>>94192175
>homebrew character
>official in the lore
Pick one
>>
>>94192037
This meme isn't funny and the art is horrendous
>>
>>94192175
can't you still get a miniature for your ogre and play it inside whatever other army you're playing?
>>
>>94192037
Only know lore basics, but watched the 4th edition trailer and while I liked the art from what little I know the voiceover seemed stupid
>Waaah Sigmar resurrected me and promised infinite lives but it turns out it's only kind of inifinte waaaah
Am I missing something or was it unintentionally super entitled
>>
>>94192010

Nagash + 4 Morghast is a good combo, you just throw the Morghast forward to fight, kill a bunch of stuff and die, then Nagash brings the unit back at full strength.
>>
>>94192327
It was pointless. It was a marketing tactic making it seem like something big was gonna happen with Sigmar. It was a nothing burger about something everyone including people in universe already knew and they could've went with something else that would've done the job for hyping the Ruination chamber.

Oh and they were cutting corners like crazy on doing the animations (as in the movements) in the trailer. You see some of this too on the other recent CGI for Gdubs.
>>
>>94192372
Yeah some of the animations looked like they were made during the turn of the millenium.
>>
>>94192327
"Sigmar lied" sounds like a cool statement at face value, but when you think about it for a moment you realize it just comes off as being entitled.
Probably just needed a catchy phrase and went with it without thinking about how it would come off
>>
>>94192327
yes you're missing that the lie is that they could win.
>>
>>94192418
>>94192327
Tbf if someone promised you eternal life via a medical procedure, but then failed to mention you would slowly turn retarded over time, you'd prolly be kinda cheesed too
>>
>>94192876
Yeah but if I was literally dying (or, in this case, dead) and they resurrected me with eternal life with that caveat, it'd seem kind of childish to whine about it when the alternative is permadeath.
>>94192576
Was that it? I guess it's a bit more understandable, though not sure what you're supposed to say as a god/general. "Oh we're definitely going to lose to this apocalyptic threat. Probably shouldn't even bother. gl tho!"
>>
>>94192933
I think I'd rather be dead then slowly lose myself to dementia/autism. Maybe its because you're already autistic and why you can't understand that concept
>>
>>94192959
But they're fine as long as they don't die, right? Is it just that they don't have the option to permanently die? Even if that is the case aren't you likely just to be a slave to Nagash upon permadeath?
Like if I'm dying but you resurrect me with the caveat that I lose 10% of my IQ points each time I die, I'm still gonna be grateful, especially if the alterative is an even worse existence. Obviously it'll suck if I die enough and am left eating crayons it'd suck
>>
Homosexual here. I... I cannot stop painting Fyreslayers. They're too perfect. Please, send help.
>>
>>94192997
Do you actually like the short naked man aesthetic? I'm glad someone does because I love dwarves, but I haven't met to many people that actually like the models themselves
>>
>>94192988
>But they're fine as long as they don't die, right?
It's warhammer anon, people die nonstop all the time, in every conflict. That's what makes grimdark what it is
>>
>>94193020
Sure, but as a lorlette your choices seem to be
>Get a second chance at life to take revenge on what killed you, protect your family/friends as a super-soldier
>End up as a slave to an undead god who may turn you into a monster forced to kill family/friends
If I'm wrong please tell me, but "Sigmar lied" gives me the same vibe as "You promised me a Lamborghini for my birthday and all I got was a Mercedes? I hate you daddy!"
>>
>>94189089
What do people do, if their army gets removed and they can't afford a new one? Do people take a 2-3year old break saving up for a new army ir do they as their opponents to play prior editions.
>>
>>94193183
I guess if it takes them 3 years to save ~$600-1k for a new 2k or ~$125 for a Spearhead and they still want to play then yeah, older editions are the best option. Not like they're doing tournaments or whatever if they're that broke, could even homebrew current edition rules if they're just playing garagehammer.
>>
They change up the skaven color schemes or are they still the same as in fantasy
>>
Why is 4th ed dying? Nobody seems excited about the new battletomes. Most people at my local store have swapped to playing 40k or card games
>>
File: awshucks.png (288 KB, 297x434)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
Kinda interested in getting into AoS but I wanna know if there's a really shooty army. I assume Skaven and CoS are the shootiest but are there any other shooty armies?
>>
>>94193846

Khadron Overlords are Shoot: The Army.

But shooting has been overall reduced in 4th.
>>
>>94193846
KO is all shooting (and garbage), all of the elves and not-elves (Sylvaneth) have shooting builds, Tzeentch and Slaanesh can do shooting as well though Tzeentch isn't very good at it compared to the spelldom or Tzangor melee options.
>>
>>94193846
Khadron is what I got suggested when I asked around myself when 4th came out both here and IRL friends and acquaintances. Steam punk dwarfs. Way too goofy looking for my tastes and this is as a person who loves the shorty and mechanical parts of WHFB dwarves. Ogres technically too but less of a selection and old models
>>
File: bone pope.png (543 KB, 1000x1000)
543 KB
543 KB PNG
>>94192331
Kewl, any heroes I should shoot for? I kinda wanna pick up katakros or the funny pope in the leg chair. I already have Kainan and I think I heard he's good? I know Kainan is fucking scuffed in underworlds at least.
>>
>>94193955
Katakros and Vokmortian are both great if you're not running Nagash
>>
>>94193977
Good to know, though I might just end up running nagash for now since I got him. And it seems like he works best with his rezzes with these dudes since they're pretty heavy elite. As cool as another big death model would be admittedly.
>>
Is there a PDF version of 4e rulebook availble.

I want to read the background for sigmar but not carry a giant book to work with me.
>>
>>94193084
You're wrong and very autistic for having the same thing explained to you across multiple posts and still not understanding
>>
>>94193977
I think the guy selling them did in fact have vokmortian. I'm not sure if he knows desu. He's showed me a weirdly organized lot. I'll take what I can get admitedly, i'm basically just dropping off my 40k stuff I had 0 intention on painting.
>>
>>94194114
The condescending attitude and use of autism as an umbrella term leads me to believe you're probably >>94192959
In which case you haven't explained anything.
>I think I'd rather be dead then slowly lose myself to dementia/autism
Sure, but those aren't the options here. The options are
>Become a sigmarine, which means you lose bits of your soul every time you die, which could potentially take several lifetimes or be avoided entirely if you are good/lucky enough. Also means you'll be able to continue defending your people for the forseeable future
or
>Go to Shyish and likely end up a slave of Nagash, which may end up with you deployed as a monster against your own people
>>
>>94194188
>he still doesn't get it
Ngmi rainman
>>
File: IMG_20241017_133451.jpg (2.28 MB, 4000x3000)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB JPG
>>94193006
Not that gay anon above, but I bought Fyreslayers because my playgroup doesn't have anyone who plays them and I found a bulk lot for an insanely cheap price, so I bought them. Absolutely fucking killed my passion and desire to paint as I was working through over 60 dwarves at a time. Yes, batch painting is for psychopaths. I had to take a couple months off but something in me went back to the Slayers and I'm about 80% through my entire 2000 point army now and I'm actually starting to enjoy painting them. I only do about 3 at a time, and mainly the characters because I enjoy painting them more than battleline. I think knowing that the project is almost done (minus basing them all) has energized me and given me a push to finish these little shits. Still think their aesthetic is a bit shit and I'm hoping they get some new models in poses and design like the warcry box has, but just gotta wait for that. Here's my Runesmiter and Auric Flame keeper I've been working on when I get spare time
>>
>>94192175
How were you planning to make him official? Get a writing job at Black Library?
>>
>>94191580
>5'11
vs
>6'0
>>
Does Brokk has authority outside of Barak Nar?
>>
Apologies if this is obvious, but can I only use this once per charge phase, regardless of how many units I've charged with?
>>
File: nekkchoppa.png (2.53 MB, 2210x548)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB PNG
I washed and drybrushe the base but I think it's missing something. Should I get some shrubs or give the drybrushing another try?

>>94191880
The slaughterpriest in the Khorne Spearhead box is a different variant of the regular slaughterpriest called a "slaughterpriest with hackblade." he has the horned helmet with a ball and chain around his arm.
this guy is in the khorne spearhead
https://www.warhammer.com/en-BE/shop/Slaughterpriest-with-Hackblade-and-Wrath-hammer

this guy is the regular slaughterpriest
https://www.warhammer.com/en-BE/shop/Khorne-Bloodbound-Slaughterpriest

I meant to say that most people will probably let you proxxy that slaughterpriest with hackblade as a regular one. I've never been to an events so idk how strict GW is with proxies, even if it's just a slight variant of the same model.
>>
File: 4e.png (6 KB, 429x138)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>94194101
>>
>>94195110
I think this base could've done with some smaller rocks piled up around the tactical rock, and then a single tuft could've easily brought it back to life. Currently it's very very flat in a sortve unnatural way. If you decide to stick some rocks around the tactical rock now I'd probably build your texture paste up along where they meet the base and then hit the whole thing with some more drybrushing
>>
>>94194728
Please consult these tips when taking pictures of your stuff. Taking pics of minis in hand is one of the easiest ways to make them look like ass even if they're fairly nicely done
>>
>>94193372

I think GW fucked up hard with the squattening, it really eroded trust and interest in AoS in my area.
>>
>>94195048
Each unit can use it once. It's the unit using it, not your army (in which case you wouldn't pick a friendly target) so you can use it as many times as you have charging units.
>>
File: oh-no-anyway.gif (1.29 MB, 498x247)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB GIF
>>94195161
>people who weren't buying anything aren't buying anything anymore
>>
>>94195223

Speaking for myself, I have 13k of Stormcast and am not going to buy any ruination chamber stuff, I also skipped skaventide.

To be fair GW has made this an easy decision by giving ruination chamber bad rules, but if that changes I'll be proxying.
>>
>>94193348
They're still rats, blue furred ones aren't a thing
>>
>>94195161
That really doesn't matter much, save the few who were actively building an army (which may not matter for Bonesplitterz soon and won't for BoC). Everyone in my area has continued to play with their stuff without complaint and will do for another three years at least.
>muh tournaments don't permit...
Something like 0.0001% of players attend those lmao
The real reason the game is in a slump is because it's now a very abstract game with arbitrary points systems and heavy on feel bad attrition/regurgitation moments. It's too technical in many ways and too simplistic in others
>>
>>94195160
Nah I'll take photos of my minis however I want. Not taking them to impress you, I'm happy with how they look so far. Maybe when they're all done, based and together I'll take some "professional" shots, but as they're still WIPs, I don't care
>>
>>94195446
GW kicked off the edition with mass squatting into shitty index rules into battletomes that nobody seems interested in buying, even in hugbox forums like TGA.

It's not a great start to the edition. Not unrecoverable, probably, but there's very little right now to make anyone actually enthusiastic about 4E.
>>
I need more bits.
>>
When should we expect Slavs to Drakness
>>
>>94195828
this Sunday is UW, then kill team then StD
>>
>>94195828
After both the Skaven and the Stormcast Eternals battletomes have been fully scanned from cover to cover and linked here. Which is to say you shouldn't expect Sukablyats of Darkness soon.
>>
>>94195512
We literally cannot see your paintjob from how blurred and shit the image is, the other anon may be a bit gay sending that image to a random wip pic, but come on man
>>
>>94195512
>"professional"
Actual pissbaby, go back
>>
>>94195929
Wasn't posting a picture for the purpose of critique or showing off, just to show I'm having fun painting them, but I'll obviously take a bit more time when I want to show them off. This was just a grab and go situation
>>
>>94195828
Late 2024, early 25 if GW fucks up
>>
>>94196274
November December time i think will be left for the new release of MESBG
>>
>>94195828
Before the end of the year.
>>
File: IMG_20241019_125913.jpg (891 KB, 4000x3000)
891 KB
891 KB JPG
Quick question as i'm seeing conflicting information online

Forward to Victory, do you declare before or after you attempt the charge roll?
>>
File: $_57.png (1.34 MB, 1600x1161)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>94190258
>I'm thinking a unit of five for a display board
Perhaps see if you can get your hands on Ironskull's Boyz and the TOW Black Orc Bigboss.
>>
>>94196718
They were running ironskulls as part of the stormbringer magazine stuff weren't they.
>>
>>94196741
Yeah, issue 70.
>>
So is alarielle the only bug themed model or are there others in the green realm that are bugs?
>>
>>94197239
Sylvaneth have quite a few other buggy models, Maggotkin have fly cavalry, and Gloomspite Gitz have the Arachnarok spider and spider riders.
>>
File: IMG_20241019_191039.jpg (2.84 MB, 4096x4096)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB JPG
>>94197239
a few bugs here and there
>>
>>94196718
MEGANOBZ
>>
>>94197297
they should have made the kurnouth on beetle a generic character or have a generic character build
>>
>>94197446
tbf he was made for 4e, which has the design brief of list restriction and hero simplification
>>
>>94197297
Really wish we got some regular fairy spites too but ig that'd clash with TOW now
Should've kept the bug spites to tree folk and given noble spirits humanoid ones
>>
>>94197239
All Sylvaneth mounts are insects
>>
>>94197297
Who's the bottom right?
>>
>>94197904

Arch revenant
>>
>>94197931
Thanks. (I love when somebody is posing with a head or a skull.)
>>
>>94193372
I dunno if 4th edition is dying but my hype for it deflated pretty quickly and my LGS who were initially interested it went back to 40k (which I think is inevitable anyways).

My problem with it is they revamped a game that didn't really need it and scrapped a lot of flavorful army rules and complexity for a game that's less balanced and not really that much faster. The indexes by and large suck ass, they somehow did worse than 40k's barring Eldar bringing broke as fuck.

The worst part is there's nothing to get excited for in future tomes. They're not reintroducing complexity or meaningful flavor battle traits. AORs are more of a narrative concept and there's plenty of shitty 3+ rolls plaguing the game that either your army hinges on or just doesn't do anything at all to be worth it. Underdog is another mechanic that's funny since it kicks in at battleround 2, many times I'll end up getting the bonus cp or bonus while having or starting to have board dominance.

I know it's not going to get better because they're repeating the same mistakes they did in the past and not really learning from it. Shit like foot combat heroes being shitty and overpriced, undervaluing movement tricks and overvaluing healing, pretending the game is a lot less killy than it actually is. I'd love to see a community backed 3e ruleset that gained traction.
>>
>>94195223
>people who bought into and played the game, are doing neither
I hope you enjoy Warhammer Fantasy/4e 40K, because you clearly didn't learn the lesson from those games. It turns out when no one wants to play the game, no one buys it, and then it dies.

Real head scratcher, huh?
>>
>>94197904
Hero from the Sylvaneth vs Gitz box
>>
>>
>>94198426
why give him a bitch's face?
>>
File: DedCrashBandicoot.gif (410 KB, 480x361)
410 KB
410 KB GIF
I hate the regiment system.
>>
>>94198770
Regiment system hates you more
>>
Oh Lord terminos isn't a named hero. Weird fucking title. Kinda wish he could join another hero though.
>>
>>94198850
Why the fuck would he be a named hero when he doesn't have a name?
>>
>>94198864
Lord terminos sounds like a name.
>>
So are there any words if they'll release a Skaventide-esque thing without the Stormcast half?
There's a lot of factions they could have paired them against that I'd have vibed with, but I'm just not a big Stormcast man.
>>
>>94198770
I'm torn on it. I recognize that it is currently much more cumbersome to some armies than others, and that many players may feel limited by it for no benefit. But I also think it is a cool structural feature of army building and I think it could be a lot of fun if only there were more rules interactions with it.
>>
>>94199024
Usually is quite a while before they release them separately and will always be way more expensive than picking up a starter box half on ebay or local buy/sell groups
>>
>>94199092
I appreciate that it brings something of a thematic level of army building (aside from the Heroes where their Regiments are "just take whatever lol") but, man, it gets a bit tedious after a while.
>>
>>94199118
Honestly I don't think I've ever seen anybody with Stormcast that didn't just come bundled with something else. If they're even painted more than base coat it's just the three color good nuff strat at that.
My brain had blocked out the idea somebody would be selling just the rats on eBay.
>>
I actually wish Skaventide sold badly so I could get a box for cheap as shit
>>
stormcast half is actually kinda drying up. Or at least they arent as cheap as launch anymore.
>>
>>94199193
delete this, it goes against our narrative
>>
Bought some corks for basing. I didn't want to spend money on ebay but then I realized I was trying to figure out alternative ways that included getting drunk on wine/buying it for others and keeping the corks and then I realized that would be more expensive and also retarded. Sometimes the work around is.... le bad.
>>
>>94190258
I've heard rumors regarding this, any basis? I absolutely love Dwarves, but the naked fat man and steampunk aesthetic, while cool, aren't really my jam. I'm more into the Tolkein style, though I know they're more eastern/Persian influence
>Also I do BoK, any chance they'll have renown shenanigans where I can use daemons? I know they worship a different god, so not expecting anything
>>
>>94199317
They’re plastered all over the new corebook, it’s got a bunch of “ooh…. They’re Coming!!!!!!” passages all over it and the new maps in it specifically note where their forge-cities are. It’s also a whitefang rumor, but basically no more info from them besides what you can already assume from that
>>
>>94199735
NTA, but I've personally never seen more forward teases about a potential new faction than those.
>>
>>94199254
I think everyone knows someone with an alcoholic white mother or aunt who crushes a bottle of wine every two days or less. I dunno how many you needed but wine milfs are an international phenomenon and definitely not in short supply
>>
>>94200118
They got the wine bottles with the screw on/off tops, not the corks so it's a no-go.
>>
>>94190258
>blorcs
>a few remain
Sounds more like a hook for Gorgrim Sideiron, last son of Gork, to rise up and unite all the destruction forces in a great green tide.
>>
>>94199193
>W from TOW sold badly!
>X from 40k sold badly!
>Y from AoS sold badly!
>Z from HH sold badly!
Then why can't I find a box, huh? Why can't I? Someone is holding out on me.
>>
>>94200156
You just need to hang out with richer milfs
>>
>>94200170
The only real indication of something selling poorly or selling well is whether they get removed from the model line or have more added to their model line
>>
>>94200225
Or being a GW accounts employee
>>
>>94200170
I actually said it didn't sell badly but I wish it did, so I could buy it for cheap as chips.
>>
File: IMG_3041.jpg (87 KB, 564x1002)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
I want to get into AoS and AoS lore so i can pick an army that jives with me personally but from an outsider perspective it honestly seems like to me out of all the original AoS factions, Stormcast have so much effort put into their “cool factor” nobody else hardly gets any.
>>
>>94201226
Define cool factor
>>
>>94201288
They get juicier gear, armor, lore and models than everyone else by so much more it’s ridiculous. Cities of Sigmar seem one-note next to them and every other faction is a creature-feature when I generally prefer cool gear and weapons. I like Stormcast at a glance but I don’t like feeling pigeonholed.
>>
>>94201393
If you're not into spooky ghouls, goblins, monsters, and ghosts you're looking at the wrong game. 40k is the game for people who want 30 different rules profiles for guys who look the same but are carrying different flashlights
>>
>>94201393
I guess they get the most stuff but idk I've always felt SCE stuff tends to feel a little phoned in to me.
>>
>>94201393
StD is Stormcast and CoS as 1 faction (and evil), so if your goal is variety then they easily have 1 over SCE
>>
File: horse guy 4 u.jpg (283 KB, 1284x764)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
Will river and zenith releas simultaniously?
>>
>>94201738
We've already got River scouts. We need the Aelementor and the mage for them. I'd bet that's all we get. I think they'd save Zenith for Tyrion and finishing out Vanari.
>>
>>94199254
Don't you have cork drink coasters? They're pretty cheap and should be available in any home decor store.
>>
Fellow kharadrons
how the fuck do you play this faction this edition?
I'm on my tenth game and still am not getting shit done
Can't interact with endless spells, shooting is way weaker than meleeing, and high save with no ward means nothing with having having anti-X and super high rend
Is there any secret sauce or it's just time to shelf the faction for a while
>>
>>94201738
it's hard to imagine they would release 3 centerpieces at once (river elemental, zenith elemental and tyrion)
>>
File: Spoiler Image (5.46 MB, 4798x3178)
5.46 MB
5.46 MB JPG
Stoopid question; do Mega-gargants have a secret move "drop p̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ loincloth and piss (or shit) at enemies"? (Caution: image might contain anatomically correct giants.)
>>
>>94202169
That is possible but they mostly just stomp people into dirt
>>
>>94202169
Why would they expose weak spots like that?
Gatebreaker wears a gate too resiliant for him to break down there for protection
>>
>>94202092

Shelf faction, there's a few of those in 4th.
>>
File: cado.jpg (1.49 MB, 4285x2874)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
I think this guy came out okay
>>
>>94202338
>Why would they expose weak spots like that?
>Gatebreaker wears a gate too resiliant for him to break down there for protection
Aren't Gatebreakers slowly becoming...bfrigid?
>>
>>94202611
Face seams unishinished.
>>
>>94202611
can't see shit
>>
>>94199254
You should buy it in sheets/rolls. No one is tearing apart bottle corks for basing...
>>
>>94202653
I couldn't see his eyes honestly, so I didn't do them
>>
File: 20241020_131237.jpg (1.15 MB, 3534x2106)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
I'm trying to come up with a fun Fyreslayers scheme, my working theory is that unusual skintones might make them more interesting.

Which one do you prefer /aosg/?
>>
>>94202920
Right one with stone skin. (Left one looks overcooked.)
>>
>>94202920
left looks better
lighter tones on the beards only make them look more fake and by having both the beards and the skin a darker tone you can make any sort of rune or metallic or glowing effect much more visible

a dark beard like that can also be used as a canva to add small variations between units or for heroes, like a few streaks of white for oldfags, or tips ritually drenched in blood, or fiery effect within the hair for some heroes or wizards, or blue, some cold colours always help in making a fyreslayer scheme look more complete
>>
>>94202920
right side. you would need some bright yellow shading for the left one to work to make them look molten and lava-y like a magmadroth

do right side, give them yellow eyes. Look at the Dark Iron dwarves and blackrock orcs from WoW or WFB chaos dwarves for inspo. I recommend burnt umber colors like rhinox hide, dark khaki colors, reddish browns, light greys, dark metals and charcoal colors. if you want some brightness then go for gold or bright brass
>>
>>94202920
yeah
>>
>>94202920
Left
>>
>>94202920
I like the right one, looks molten
might look even better with some dark bronze bits and a magma-y base
>>
>>94202758
Are you partially blind?
>>
>>94202758
You could probably do just some little grey or white teeny tiny brush dots then skin color over the top of any bleed through areas.
>>
>>94202920
Can I ask for the recipe for the dark jron dude?
>>
>>94202338
why don't these guys ever wear armor on their ankles and shins?
>inb4 they can just step on anyone close enough to hit those parts

alright then why don't they wear armor on their chest to deter missile fire?
>>
thoughts on statuecast?
>>
>>94203386
Not my thing.
>>
File: 1710960785121955.jpg (6.05 MB, 4096x4096)
6.05 MB
6.05 MB JPG
>>94203386
cool for a test model, not for an army
statuecasts as an army would require way more attention
I once tried to think of a way for doing it as a scheme, but it's far from practical, just a mental thing

>if I had to come up with something that's slightly at odds with what others have done while playing into the aforementioned hard lines instead of treating them as more normal warriors I'd suggest coming up with a good recipe for bronze in various stages: pristine and polished, normal, partially oxidized, very oxidized
>so that you could play around in a way that's very visible the amount of reforging and the degree of "ruin" the individual stormcast has gone through

>one suggestion to ramp up their azyr-powered nature would be to unashamedly steal mtg's direction for their not!greek gods, with stars in the shadows and recesses and/or as if the clothes and banners were pieces of the night sky itself (painted by stippling ahead of everything), similar effect could be applied to some of their beasts to give the sense they're zodiacal manifestations

>with that in mind then it's a matter of drawing attention to the key areas: heads and weapons, giving the heads a marble/porcelain look would work easily and as for the weapons it's just a matter of making them silvery and with lightning effects (perhaps running for some length through their arm and body too)

>then you can use gold inlays, more lava or blood effect, and personal engravings in their armour to remember who they were before to add extra individual touches
>>
>>94203386
Fun concept. Seen Good executions but I doubt whole army could work. Especially heroes.
>>
>>94203552
That's kinda what I came to terms with for Statuecast, I wanted to do the brass statue covered in patina but I realized it would be hard to really pull that off in a consistently good (at least by my standards) way.

Instead I went with the same Warplock brass base, brightened it with some drybrushing. And added moss and things to it and went for more magical forest cast.
>>
Is there a pdf or Imgur summarizing the updated Skaven warscrolls from the BT?
>>
>>94203234

Terrestrial titan (Dark purple)
Uniform gray main highlight
Mixture of uniform gray and mocca skin highest highlight.

All AP fanatic paints.
>>
>>94203712
https://gofile.io/d/sxpnTf
>>
>>94203746
>still no proper scans
Lord do I miss the days of 2e when it was a given that any rulebook would be published digitally.
>>
>>94203774
Yeah, the best we can hope for how is app codes for sale but that'll just be the gaymer edition with no fluff or tutorials
>>
>>94203774
That's exactly why GW stoped doing that
>>
>>94203386
Marblecasts>stonecasts>metalcasts
>>
>>94203386
I had planned on painting the Skaventide half as stone/metal statues but greenstuff and sculpt vines and plants growing out of them, making their bases all heavily jungle style, but I just don't think it'll look good. In fact, typing this has convinced me of it
>>
>>94202920
I painted mine with pixelated as inspiration but I still think I went a bit more on the traditional skin side. If I had the strength to repaint my Slayers I'd go a bit more wacky with them, so I really like your two test models and it's a shit answer, but I genuinely like both. I'd say I'm leaning more towards the dark beards though, it looks good
>>
>>94202920
Right all the way
>>
https://www.warhammer-community.com/en-gb/articles/m7kdqgje/sunday-preview-kill-teams-chaos-lords-and-audio-horror/

>Kill Team week
>no Underworlds or anything AoS
Absolute cockfucks
>>
>>94204084
Underworlds is probably next week
>>
>>94204108
Would this be the rerelease of previous warbands? I'm desperate for the Sons of Velmorn
>>
>>94204084
Underworld is the 2nd of November we were told this beforehand
>>
>>94204136
don't know but they will have a road map of upcoming releases
>>
File: x_gw60121018002.jpg (72 KB, 600x620)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>94204084
>No Aos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik240tdO-Ok
Apparently there'll be stormcast warhammer heroes, they mention it in the video? If you google it some stores have it up for pre-order already. Odd that they don't mention it in the article.
>>
>>94204212
>>
>>94204212
why would they mention a blind box that they only sell in japan to third parties?
>>
>>94204185
Ah cheers
>>
Just learned that Skragrott's Moon Onna Stikk is a pun on a phrase I've never heard before
>>
>>94203386
Can be done well.
>>
>>94204243
whats the phrase?
>>
>>94204405
>Oy luvme unn on em tick
It's North English
>>
>>94204084
I really am glad to see so many anons actually like underworlds, which is a bummer that GW continues trying to kill it.
>>
>>94204469
New edition and promising consistency with warband availability is killing it?
>>
>>94204405
"Moon on a stick" is a rare-ish American English metaphor that relates to wanting lots of things, including that which is unfeasible or impossible. Usually worded as "What more do you want, the moon on a stick?" or "[X] wants everything and the moon on a stick".
>>
>>94204469
retailers seem to be less gun-ho about though
>>
File: 1719312119097845.png (200 KB, 774x848)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>94204469
If GW actually goes on a re-rereleas spree with old bands, like some speculate, that would probably be one of the best things that could happen for the game
>>
>>94199092
It screws with matched play listbuilding based on rules drawn from narrative standpoints which is a meme design.

But to be honest I hate the current season rules more then the regiment system by itself
>>
Why did nobody tell me the model has a chudjak head option?
>>
>>94204585
We thought you knew already
>>
>>94204488
>>94204552
I'll be excited if they actually decide to make old warbands again and make them not shit. If shit like eyes of the nine, godsworn, or Khagra's come with a fresh update
>>
>>94204597
Assuming I know anything at all is a highly irresponsible thing to do.
>>
>>94204585
We sent you an email. Haven't you read it?
>>
>>94204585
>cudjak
Brainrot
>>
>>94204734
/qa/-core is /aosg/ culture though
>>
>>94204629
It's already confirmed by GW themselves
>>
>>94204769
I'd like to believe them but I am gonna hold back from high hopes. It's neat that they're going for a fresh slate, even though I'm a bit peeved that they're making every single old rivals deck meaningless (hypothetically, nothing is stopping me from just using all the old shit) but I'd find it hard to believe they'll go all out on warbands they don't have plans on re-releasing.

People have been assuming based on the card "art" the warbands that show up are the ones that will be back so we'll have: Crimson Court, Kainan's Reapers, Headsman's Curse, Blade coven, Soulraid, Arenai, Thundrik's Profiteers, Shadeborn, Brethren of the Bolt, Hexbane's Hunters, Da Kunnin Krew, Rippa’s Snarlfangs, Ephilim's Pandemonium, Gorechosen, Khagra's ravagers, and Gnarlspirit pack
>>
>>94204629

If the Skaven and Stormcast books are any indication then each army gets one underworlds unit back.
I hope it's Godsworn hunt for STD, Darkoath need them.
>>
When is stormbringer ending? I wanna see the skaven variation to come.
>>
>>94205048
No, the videos and articles have said so? 20 old warbands, keep up with the news if you're going to cry about it bitch
>>
>>94205422
Ended, but the new mag won't start until 40ks has ended next year
>>
>>94205466
no it's 16 old warbands, 2 new ones, and 2 new ones in the core box dummy.
>>
>>94189973
FOLLOWUP, holy shit I think I hit the fucking motherload. They just dumped the ossiarchs and like an entire tomb kings army and some other shit.

I'll see if I can get this organized with some pics.
>>
File: 20241020_155238.jpg (3.18 MB, 4032x2074)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB JPG
>>94205554
So inside the bags of stuff he gave me I just have all this tomb kings stuff, metal characters I think these are old wight kings in metal and Kemmler and Krell.
>>
File: 20241020_155251.jpg (2.62 MB, 4032x1931)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB JPG
>>94205554
And then also the ossiarchs, I think they fucked up the big dudes though since they're only in groups of 2... but whatever this is nuts.
>>
>>94205583
Tomb king stuff looks printed
>>
>>94205624
It's either Metal or GW plastic, no resin except Kemmler and Krell are finecast.
>>
>>94205637
Maybe the lighting is just giving it the resin watery effect I suppose.
>>
>>94204585
>Eightpoints has fallen
>>
>>94205590
Was that a Battleforce? Seams like a lot of fucking Morghasts
>>
>>94205684
Maybe? The dude who was trading me said he just got a random bigass AoS lot. I checked for battleforces or army boxes and bare minimum they'd have at least 20 mortek minimum.
>>
>>94205710
did he explain the TK?
>>
>>94205716
I don't think he has any clue on Age of Sigmar, he was a big 40k player. I just happened to have like 3 killa kans, a warboss in mega armor, and the octarius terrain box. I think he just thought all the skeletons and undead guys were the same thing so he lotted them all together.
>>
>>94205724
but there on square bases
>>
File: iunno.png (196 KB, 500x396)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
>>94205758
Man I got no clue, but I'll take what I can get I guess.
>>
>>94204552
If they do that I'll forgive them. okay I won't but I really want the models.
>>
>>94205710
>>94205684
I know what that is, Feats of Bones (morteks+Vokmortian+Stalkers+2 Morghasts) and some extra Morghasts
>>
File: file.png (531 KB, 600x620)
531 KB
531 KB PNG
>>94206114
Oh shit, so it is. Nice catch anon. I'm still wondering why he made 3 of each morghast though since they only go in groups of 2.
>>
>>94204552
I want to see this happen, if only to fuck over those piece-of-shit price gougers on eBay.
>>
File: 20220525_074257.jpg (1.61 MB, 3993x2395)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>94206163
Glad i got mine a long time ago.
Inspired rule for the 2 non-bosses is their boss being killed, which i find quite funny
>>
How much of a leap is it to bash Stormcast as S2D? Sigmarines are cheaper plastic, but I probably only want them as Warrior conversions. Do I just need enough spiky bits to make it convincing?
>>
>>94203386
always have and will hate super gimmicky army themes like that, unless they are MAJORLY converted to fit the theme better, and have some reasoning behind why they fit in AoS (or whfb or 40k)
And even when done really well i still question it
>>
>>94204212
>>94204219
still hate that they basically did nothing interesting with the poses or anything with the sculpts for them being new models
The only upsides is maybe the new knight arcanum sculpt and thats like it
To be fair the primaris versions of these were JUST about as bad, but thats a given for primaris. This definitely could and should have been more unique sculpts and should fit together more like a warband for warcry (i know you can just play all those models in warcry, but its not the same as like "the blacktalons" with new rules and some unique stuff)
>>
>>94206465
biggest issue is that SCE always have that distinct chestplate with sculpted in abs and pecs and that would absolutely stand out on a chaos warrior
>>
>>94206524
Blegh. Figures. Maybe I'll pick up a sprue and see if I can file it off without it looking like shit.

Any other Kitbash tricks for Slaves?
>>
>>94206465
Paint the armor black with a gold trim and nobody will notice.
Biggest question is are the standard sce on the same bases as warriors
>>
>>94206505
>them being new models
I thought they're just regualr models cut out as 1-offs, like they do with model of the month
>>
>>94192959
>I think I'd rather be dead then slowly lose myself to autism

true but still rude.
>>
File: PSX_20241020_194107.jpg (4.7 MB, 2985x4214)
4.7 MB
4.7 MB JPG
Got my old boners from 2ed in the lightbox today. One of these days I'll have to start my skeletons from cursed city.
>>
>>94206698
I don't think it's rude to acknowledge how difficult it would be to live with a limited understanding of emotions
>>
>>94206978
Lookin good though your executioner is missing his noose!
>>
File: PSX_20241020_194405.jpg (4.82 MB, 2893x4084)
4.82 MB
4.82 MB JPG
>>94206995
Ye it snapped off ages ago and at one point I had it on hand to glue back on, but it disappeared into the ether at some point. Also got some pics of some other ancient projects I hadn't got pics of while I was at it
>>
>>94207019
Lookin good anon, I gotta get a lightbox to do some mini photographs one of these days.
>>
File: PSX_20230316_142711.jpg (2.98 MB, 4904x2565)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB JPG
>>94207035
Honestly I dunno if you need one if you've got a good backdrop and some lamps. It's just nice having an area to contain the light and reflect it back on your subject. That's how I did a lot of my stuff for a while
>>
>>94207035
I just use a black tshirt and my lamp(s) for most shots. Lightbox can sometimes be hell to get good shots on.
>>
>>94207082
>>94207072
I figure if I can get a good enough shot with some decent lighting to show the bits I wanna show it should be fine I spose. Still would be nice having a dedicated spot for it haha
>>
>>94199193
What would be considered cheap? I've seen 180.
>>
File: 1701809101608145.jpg (111 KB, 920x950)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
I think the main problems with the Ironjawz is that their armor is yellow. Armor is supposed to be metallic, not fucking yellow.
>>
>>94207552
can't take them seriously because of their baby booties
orks look better in 40k
>>
>>94207583
>No ass no pass
>>
>>94207552
>Armor is supposed to be metallic, not fucking yellow.
This is the worst kind of autism
>>
File: IMG_20241021_052636.png (547 KB, 864x892)
547 KB
547 KB PNG
>>94207552
>I think the main problems with the Ironjawz is that their armor is yellow
correct

should have remained black with red accents
>>
>>94207991
Pretty boring
>>
>>94207991
Here actually good version of what you tried to doodle.
Together with non-green skin for better effect
>>
>>94208376
Picking a white skin tone makes this even more boring
>>
>>94206132
You yourself said he was a 40K player. He probably built everything without reading the rules and assumed that you could buy individual models and not full units. That used to be an extremely common misconception.
>>
File: Chaoscast.jpg (229 KB, 1344x1008)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>94206465
Pick up some of the old (now Old World) Knight weapons and heads, and some 40K pauldrons.
>>
File: Chosen and Warriors.jpg (203 KB, 1344x1008)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>94206465
>>94208398
>>
>>94208398
>>94208406
These look not very good
>>
>>94208499
Honestly, they're not too shabby! They could stand to be a bit spikier and maybe add a bit more evil bits but they got the look down.
>>
>>94208398
What kind of plastic is this? Are they 3D printed or is GW making some weird shit overseas?
>>
I don't play AOS but the models are amazing to look at. Is there a market for people buying assembled and painted armies like in 40k? I'd love to buy and paint some but I'd need to resell them because I'm a poorfag.
>>
>>94208843
I saw people selling painted stuff, but mostly in those "pro painted" memes.
>>
>>94208843
Yeah people will buy fully painted armies off ebay, but the market is a decent bit smaller so you'd be waiting longer for a sale
>>
>>94206163
recasts
>>
File: Settra_Rules.jpg (371 KB, 1000x1283)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
>>94186376
Soon
>>
>>
>>94209221
Novellas or the whole novels?
>>
>>94208843

Just find yourself one kit you really like and paint that for your shelf, I'm sure even a poor can do that.

The sort of midsized 200-300 point heroes are perfect for this, I'm talking stuff like Yndrasta, Radukar the beast, Treesong Revenant, Eternus and the Mangler squigs.

These aren't too expensive, costing usually about as much as a box of basic troops but are wonderful for painting.
>>
>>94209383
Pretty sure it's Ghoulslayer, Gitslayer and Soulslayer + some short stories or novellas. Nothing is confirmed so far, but judging by authors on the cover and how BL releases its stuff.
>>
File: 1728145495310882.png (748 KB, 727x728)
748 KB
748 KB PNG
Is there a pic that compiles every chaos sorcerer lord model? I want to collect them all and I know I'm missing at least two.
>>
File: orc-warboss-kdhkb.jpg (20 KB, 400x420)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>94207552
The main problem with Ironjawz is that they all look like the same model in different sizes. They are missing less armoured boyz/boarboyz, armoured goblins and other miscelaneous monstrous units that aren't BRUTES BUT BIGGER or brutes but smaller.

That aside, I get that they wanted to make black orcs: the faction, but why change the look of the armour so radically? And why does it look so weird compared to literally every depiction of a heavily armoured orc?
>>
>>94209578
They just give a completely different vibe.
>>
>>94209578
>>94209585
so play TOW instead pissbaby
>>
40k refugee here, is 2k the standard in aos? i put a list together with the small amount ive got and was shocked to find that i already had a lot of points from nothing

a friend wants to learn the game and was interested in having 1k battles but i argued that its going to be skewed heavily towards certain armies. is it even worth having 1k battles?
>>
>>94209878

Yeah 2k is a standard game, and yes getting to 2k is generally a lot cheaper than in 40k.
>>
>>94209878

As for 1k games they are fun but indeed very swingy and some armies barely function at that size.
>>
>>94209895
well im liking it so far, means i dont have to fork out a fortune for another army at least

>>94209899
thought that might be the case. it was going to be skaven vs ironjaws or stormcast
>>
>>94209578
Stfu, they added a single squig model to the army and it's a fucking eyesore that ruins the vibe
>>
>>94209556
how far back do you want to go?
>>
>>94209865
>hey this orcs have a different vibe I wonder what they did to their design that makes it feel so different
>go play a different game with 10% of the support
Why are you like this.
>>
>>94209951
6th I suppose. I know there's a few metal ones they just re-released for TOW.
>>
>>94209972
WAAAAH why is AoS not like Total War! I hate Ironjawz, why can't they look like Total War!
>>
So old warbands will return in big boxes of 4. Cards for all sixteen warbands are bundled and sold separately from the models.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/en-gb/articles/bftjprgq/warhammer-underworlds-roadmap-get-set-for-a-year-of-releases/
>>
>>94210296
What is Flex (in context of warband}? Army that sucks at everything?
>>
>>94210296
Nurglebors...
>>
>>94210296
>Ylthari's Guardians returning
>Skaeth's Wild Hunt canned
Good riddance. Rest in piss, furshits.
>>
>>94210296
These jews are completely allergic to anything that cost less than 150$. What a god awful product.
>>
>>94209986
You might want to stop projecting.
>>
>>94210296
>maneater instead of icebrow hunter
Fug
>>
>>94210296
>Idoneth Underworlds team canned without getting an individual release
>I'll never get that big squid.
I'm actually very mad about this
>>
>>94210454
They might get rereleased for the wargame without getting rules in Underworlds. Like the Stormcoven and Plaguepack.
>>
Where are they running?
>>
>>94210503
Probably to >>94204208
>>
>>94210503
Get your AI slop out of here.
>>
Btw, wtf is this?
"new warband" x3
Yeah, sure great map.
Gw kick the fag from current PR department please
>>
>>94210516
How can you tell Games Workshop doesn't use AI art in their books? I recall GW distinctly not revealing names of artists (even cover artists) working for them.
>>
>>94210540
The concept of a roadmap.
>>
>>94210540
They get worst every time
>>
>>94210540
What I'm getting from that is that before 2025 GW will be releasing a new core set, sixteen reboxed old warbands, two new warbands, and two new rivals decks. So that's what I can expect to see within the next couple months. With that in mind I feel decently informed on what the schedule for the new edition will look like at launch.
>>
File: IMG_20241021_154523.jpg (1.45 MB, 3276x3276)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>94209976
These aren't all of them, but a few you might want to catch
>>
File: 20241020_171904.jpg (1.14 MB, 1816x2969)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
Testing a scheme for my LumiElves. Still got work to go but I think I'm a Pro Acryl shill now
>>
>>94210540
GW turning all their efforts to creating worse roadmaps each time.
>>
>>94210604
Why is Horny Wizard of Tzeentch (bottom left corner) so muscular? (Anyone's got a back side view? Seems there's something very wrong with his anatomy.)
>>
File: vqty9tww9ild1.jpg (439 KB, 1920x1080)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
>>94210661
I disagree with that it's better than the AoS one they showed last month it's readable at least
>>
>>94210667
chaos sorcerers are allowed to get swole on chaos
and it's far easier to draw and sculpt a muscular human figure than a non-muscular one, unless you're allowed to make something grotesque or uncanny or covered up
>>
File: 168459.jpg (521 KB, 3932x1871)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
>>94210703
games day 2010 limited model, btw
>>
File: ironjaws-color-2.jpg (39 KB, 700x257)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
Any recommendations for a good orange paint? GWs are chalky af
>>94210644
Is that their paint for the orange/tan?
>>
>>94209135
Recasts don't directly fuck over these evil retards.
>>
>>94210296
Woof no sons. I guess it's nice they're finally just selling the cards seperate for this update.
>>
>>94210716
gw magmadroth flame if youre looking for contrast, vallejo clear orange is also decent enough
>>
>>94210750
Fingers crossed that Sons of Velmorn are rereleased outside WU. They could call it a Wight Court or some shit. Everyone would love it.
>>
File: 1651840031021.png (1.93 MB, 3700x2000)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>94210750
True, but given hw insanly popular those vampires were i woulnd't call their inclussionin the Soulblight slot a miss
>>
>>94206163
>OOP item
3-4* RRP is fine given it's still under $100
Fuck scalpers and all but these aren't so bad imo
>>
>>94210296

I wonder if those featured in these boxes are the ones definitely *not* getting rereleased for AoS?

It's a shame if the Vampires don't return for Soulblight.
>>
>>94210296
God, that's awful. It was bad enough that certain warbands were never sold separately, you had to buy a box shared with another warband. Now you have to buy 4 of them...
>>
>>94210940
Everytime you purchase something from GW for less than $150 they weep bloody tears and promise themselves "never again"
>>
>>94210540
I feel like it's better than the previous batch roadmaps.
>>
>>94210940
Makes sense in some fucked up kind of way, I kept wondering if they were gonna have em all in single boxes again. Kind of a bummer, would have been funny if they just released a box of every single stormcast warband though.
>>
>>94210769
Tbf soulblight is seemingly getting some shit soon, new graveguard, possible new zombie dragon, etc.

>>94210802
I do like the crimson court, fantastic models. So fantastic I think they came with a warcry set recently.
>>
>>94210953
The last roadmap was shit in an entirely different way, but it at least provided some actual workable information, if you managed to decode the nausea inducing formatting. (next 3-4 battletomes, new spearheads, army boxes, narrative book, etc)

This is an entire placeholder image that just tells us they will release three standalone warbands (no hints) sometime over the course of the entire next year. It's like 6 words of actual new info set over a copy-paste background.
>>
>>94210953
Nah, those were more specific. This is basically just "things will release in 2025"
>>
Holy shit Ossiarch points are fucking great. Thanks to Nagash I nearly got a whole 2k point list, just need 10 more mortek and the little bone pope in leg chair. This feels fucking great.
>>
>>94211232

That's great anon, I hope you have fun.
>>
>>94211232
dude how many times are you going to post about this?
>>
>>94210296
Brutes and Bandits seams interesting.
death one would have been kino if i didn't already have most of the bands
>>
>>94211333
Sorry I'm just really excited. Getting to learn and read into a new army is fun! Also having an actual gameplan from step 1 feels fantastic! I can shut up for a bit though!
>>
So this card box is basically just the character cards and warband scroll right? Since we have to use rivals for the 1 of 4 and no more faction decks. Neat, I guess. Hipefully they don't shaft the guys who didn't get physically re-released.
>>
>>94211361
It says 16 warbands on the box. 16 is also how many of the bands are getting repackaged. The 2 main box ones already have their cards.
>>
>>94211361
It annoys me.
>You want this one warband? You just have to buy another three warbands in addition to the one you actually want.
>You want the deck of cards to be able to play that warband? Well, if you want it you have to buy the cards for another fifteen warbands, twelve of which you don't have.
>>
>Warbands coming back
>Stormcoven are now generic
>Stormcoven are not for sale and not coming back and were only available in a dual box
Oh okay
>>
>>94211492
>>Stormcoven are not for sale and not coming back
Bro just hold it for another five days it's not that long
>>
>>94211430
I feel worse for anyone who got rivals of shadespire and got absolutely fucked.
>>
>>94211684
>>94211684
>>94211684

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.