[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Nine-Lives Edition

>Bans
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/announcements/august-26-2024-banned-and-restricted-announcement

>News
The 2025 MagicCon and Pro Tour Schedule:
https://www.magic.gg/news/the-2025-magiccon-and-pro-tour-schedule

Metagame Mentor: The Scariest Standard Strategies in Duskmourn:
https://www.magic.gg/news/metagame-mentor-the-scariest-standard-strategies-in-duskmourn

>Spoilers
http://www.magicspoiler.com/
https://mythicspoiler.com/

CONSTRUCTED RESOURCES
>Current meta, complete with deck lists
https://www.mtgtop8.com/
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/
>Build and share casual decks
https://deckstats.net/
https://tappedout.net/

CUBE RESOURCES
>Build and share Cubes
https://cubecobra.com/landing

CARD RESOURCES
>Search engines
https://scryfall.com/
https://mtg.wtf/
>Proxy a deck or a cube for cheap
https://www.makeplayingcards.com/
https://pastebin.com/9Xj1xLdM
>Play online for free
https://untap.in/
https://dr4ft.info/

>What is EDH?
https://vocaroo.com/1ihc21gJLBh1

>Previously:
>>94195197

>TQ
With Foundation hints coming out tomorrow, what are you hoping to see in the set?
>>
>>94203879
>tq
print him into standard, modern and pioqueer because it would be really funny
>>
I HATE MAGIC
I HATE THE STUPID FUCKING BULLSHIT THIS GAME HAS DEVOLVED INTO
I HATE THAT YUGIOH BEING A TURN 1 ROCK PAPER SCISSORS MATCH IS MORE INTERESTING THAN THIS SOLITAIRE DOGSHIT
I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME UNLESS MY TABLETOP BUDDIES FORCE HOUSE RULES TO NOT MAKE IT DOGSHIT
I HATE THAT PEOPLE ARE GETTING PAID TO RUIN THIS GAME
I AM SO ANGRY OVER A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME AND ALL I HAVE IS USELESS, IMPOTENT RAGE
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHLSNDAKNDFD
>>
>TQ
I hope for some cool old reprints for Pioneer.
>>
>>94203901
If he would be printed today he would be a 3/4 with ward 2
>>
File: Griselbrand.jpg (80 KB, 1200x1200)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Griselbrand looks like Mark Cuban
>>
>>94203879
>With Foundation hints coming out tomorrow, what are you hoping to see in the set?

tropical islands
>>
>>94203972
Are you stupid?
>>
>>94203908
the most sane edhg poster
>>
File: MTG-Helpful-Hunter_FDN.jpg (130 KB, 773x1080)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>94203879
>tq
More cats and more white cantrip creatures
>>
File: 1727712972937650.png (409 KB, 780x691)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
Unban Mana Crypt
>>
>bland horror setting that gets less shocking and more boring
>uses references from movies and media so it feels more like a collaboration than original
>bunch of cards are useless if you aren't playing rooms which will probably be reduced in future sets
Am I missing something or does Duskmourn seem like a dumb set?
>>
>>94203908
Become Poker pilled, card games become a lot better once everyone is sharing the same deck
>>
>>94204030
>dragon stompy with 4x mana crypt
I AM CUM
>>
>>94204055
I'll play dandan then
>>
>>94203992

reprint duals or fuck off maro, we're done with your bullshit
>>
>>94204082
I wish wizards make official dan dan reprints, as of now most of its a proxy pile due to how expensive everything for it is
>>
>>94204097
>we here at wizards of the coast have heard your pleas and are proud to present a new product designed straight to the forgetful fish format
>>
>>94203879
>TQ
Standard needs another good counterspell. Give me another good counterspell.
>>
>>94203879
>With Foundation hints coming out tomorrow, what are you hoping to see in the set?
'we have abolished the majority of the Reserved List. All cards formerly on the Reserved List save for a select few (including but not limited to cards requiring ante, dexterity, or referencing sensitive topics) will be reprinted with black borders and a special set symbol and seeded into Foundations packs at Mythic rarity.. These cards will be legal for tournament play in all constructed formats.'
on the last day, it will be revealed that there will not be a listing of RL reprints publicly available and 'collectors will just have to find out for themselves!'
>no dexterity
>no ante
>no CEO of Racism.dec
>no P9
>no Duals
>no Bazaar
>no Workshop
>no Tabernacle
>no Cradle
>no Mox Diamond
>>
File: file.png (3.75 MB, 1920x1080)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB PNG
Pulled this combo off in draft
fractured realm -> ghostly dancers -> mirror room -> grand entryway
20 3/1 flyers in two turns
Fun match
>>
File: 1705962969626619.gif (1.98 MB, 250x158)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB GIF
>>94204207
the mass insanity and outrage the combination of cards people want not being reprinted and cards that will cause constructed players to mald uncontrollably until they're banned MONTHS later would be exquisite.
>>
>>94203879
>TQ
I know it's unlikely and they probably made it the promo to get Pioneer players to do Standard, but I want Mayhem Devil.
>>
>>94203908
why not just play casual bo1 on arena?
you get auto matched up with an equally strong deck no matter what fun crap you build, and you still have a fair game
perfect fun! you should try it!
>>
>>94203879
I'm hoping they errata either Mounts to just be Vehicles (like they should be), or old "crew/vehicles matters" cards to include Mounts
>>
>>94204496
Oh I'm gonna call my boros dwarves deck Treasure Crews btw
>>
>>94204330
>"Equally strong deck"
>Load in
>12 land RDW abusing rigged shuffler
>>
>>94203879
lightning bolt and bop
put some chest hair on standard players for once
>>
>>94204514
I had to cut deathbonnet sprout from my green aggro deck because it fucked with the shuffler's attempts to give me topdecked lands
>>
File: file.png (3.79 MB, 1920x1080)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB PNG
>>94204248
I guess the combo's easier than I thought
>>
>>94203879
>What I want
>"We're announcing a return of From the Vault to give back to the game stores that have been supporting us through these difficult times."
>"The formula will be different this time around. Functioning more similar to a Masters set of curated reprints of cards we know are highly coveted in constructed formats. These cards will be tournament legal in all formats they are currently available in."
>"Every card in a pack is a wildcard with no respect to rarity. We made this decision due to the high volume of rares and mythics present in it relative to the amounts of commons."
>"We felt there was no better product to announce the formal revocation of the reserved list. While we once felt this was important to promise players that cards they worked hard to obtain would continue reflecting that work they put in, we eventually realized how it was making formats like Legacy, Vintage, and bracket 4 Commander inaccessible. As time wore on it became harder and harder to find copies of cards that were crucial for making a deck in these formats as cards continued to degrade and get damaged from seeing play (and we thank everyone who stuck with us despite that, making sacrifices for a game they loved). Many players felt like it was simply impossible to ever enjoy these formats. That ends today and our decision is final. Players of the game have to come first before any promise of exclusivity."
>"V25 will begin with a full reprint of dual lands that were previously on the reserved list, along with a special Mox Diamond commemorating V10. These cards will feature new printings in an updated border with refinished artwork that brings the originals to life."
>"This product will not be available online. It will only be sent to game stores as a thank you for supporting us through all this time. Without them, and you, Magic would not be the game it is today."
>(Picture of Mark Rosewater with Todd Howard, captioned "Now Todd can afford that deck he wanted to try")
>>
>>94203879
>>94204662
>What I expect
>"Here's our not-Core set. Get ready for the next year of ultra-pushed Marvelslop coming to every format that will never be reprinted."
>>
>TQ
For me, I am excited about Llanowar Elf being back in Standard. I dream of Mono Green being viable again.
>>
>>94204662
>$600 play boosters
no, sir. i won't.
>>
>>94204755
Not like I'd ever touch standard with a 20 foot pole but I do think any time it's not around the game is much worse.
>>
File: MBT.png (415 KB, 556x537)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
>>94204867
>Go to LGS
>Every shelf is packed to the brim with them
>Line out the door as people are just shoveling as many as they can off the shelf
>$10 each
>>
>>94204662
Surprised they haven't gotten rid of it by now with all the shit they could charge for it.
>>
File: 1447173984830.jpg (55 KB, 636x448)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>94204755
>3 drop on turn 2 in 2024 Standard
>>
>>94205017
Not just any 3 drop
>>
Why not go Dorks all the way down.
>>
>>94205054
Why is this card significant? Because you can dupe it since it's a token?
t. haven't player a format besides pauper since 2008
>>
>>94205108
you have access to 5 mana on turn 3
>land, elf go
>land, hauntwoods, trigger, get an Everywhere, go
then you just run away with the game if you didn't lose to Leyline aggro on turn 2.
>>
>>94205155
How is this better than any other piece of ramp? Or does modern standard not even have 2cmc ramp?
>>
>>94205185
Cause Everywhere is an all color land that's also instant Domain and it's tied to an enchantment that turns into a creature in a couple turns (and also the creature ramps you more every time it attacks)
>>
>>94204055
>mirror match every game
no, fuck off
>>
>>94205340
are there like no kill spells in standard or something?
>>
>>94205483
I mean land destruction is bad in Standard, if that's what you mean
>>
>>94205483
Plenty, but there is so much must deal with threats that you quickly run out of them.
>>
>ask question
>AI asks really retarded question immediately after
wew
>>
>>94205527
if you are wasting you are removal on a mana dork your not a very good player
>>
File: delusional.jpg (80 KB, 720x720)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>94205588
>he doesnt bolt the bird
the clown cannot honk if you cut off his hand
>>
>>94205483
The best case scenario is that you kill it immediately, but they still got a land out of it. Worst case scenario is you don't kill it immediately and they get a BUNCH of lands. Either way, they get what they want.
>>
File: m3c-111-pyrogoyf.jpg (160 KB, 672x936)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=356ilzFF8BE

>>94203901
>leovold gets printed into pioneer
>he can finally be reuinted with DRS even though fetches are banned
>>
>>94205674
>he doesn't bait removal with an elf
never gonna make it
>>
>>94205712
and this is why you don't play 1for1s
>>
>>94205735
>playing a 61 card deck to run the opponent out of removal
The perfect plan
>>
>>94205749
Good luck staying alive without one mana targeted removal
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFNMMQ9Yz_w
It's up.
>>
>>94205757
now you are getting it
>>94205778
>elf kills by turn 3
grim
>>
>>94202654
who the fuck is coffee or am I forgetting someone
>>
>>94205729
Ah, yes, Patrick Sullivan.
The Ragavan is ok because "the format has a million strong backstops against that sort of card".
And Urza's Saga is ok because "format is hostile enough to that kind of card ".
That Patrick Sullivan.
>>
>>94205938
Just a rat character from the Bloomburrow story.
>>
>>94206030
oh the leader guy
coffee instead of coffey was tripping me up
>>
>woke up today thinking about one of my favorite cards.
Love counterspell. Simple as.
>>
File: wickthewhorledmind.jpg (57 KB, 265x370)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>94206049
Yeah, that's the joke I was making, lol.
Since the guy looked like Wick, there'a another layer where Jace forgot to steal his name when he took his identity and made up the name Coffey on the spot.
>>
>>94206024
He's right though. If you can't reasonably answer a 1-toughness creature that needs to connect what the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>94206125
>they refused to make Bloomburrow Rats Rakdos so you couldn't run most of them in existing rat lists for some reason but they gave the commander bait card red
It's so aggravating it hurts
>>
>>94206077
too slow for modern though. i have 16,000 cat tokens on turn 4 and am sandbagging a reprieve for your supreme verdict. then when you actually resolve it on turn 5 i untap and slam a thoughtseize followed by a ring.
>>
>>94206153
He's a pretty odd rat commander with his snail flinging strategy, that and Coffey really makes Bloomburrow feel like it needed another set both for it's story and for some of these gimmicks to be explored more in depths.
I wonder which we'll get first, more impeding cards or more snail fling?
>>
>>94206024
powerlevel != design
>>
we should get the first final fantasy cards in a few days right? with foundations
>>
>>94206257
we are getting a fuckton of info about every set coming out in 2025 next weekend in magiccon vegas
>>
>>94206340
bartz bros
>>
>>94206024
Urza's Saga is cool and the MH3 1-drops make me miss Ragavan.
>>
File: 1465862856983.jpg (89 KB, 700x979)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>94206348
A Butz harem deck is all I need from FF
>>
>>94206471
You think we'll get a Battle - On The Big Bridge?
>>
>>94206475
They were already flirting with FF5 back in Kaladesh I'd be surprised if we don't
>>
Hopefully they won't screw up Gilgamesh
>>
>>94206503
They've got a few options.
Planeswalker who cares about artifacts and/or battles maybe (They kind of stopped doing UB walkers but if anyone would be one it'd be him)
or probably some kind of voltron guy
or something else, you could do a good few things
>>
>>94206520
Someone also mentioned affinity for equipment in another thread I like the idea
>>
>face a control deck
>he draws 4 torch the towers, 4 three steps ahead, 4 no more lies, and 4 get losts in 25 cards.
This is just "variance" or so they say.
>>
What are some cards in Legacy, BW colours, that I can sideboard against Cloudpost? Apart from Stony Silence, Null Rod, Damping Sphere.
>>
>>94206742
depending on what your deck looks like: cataclysm or armageddon
>>
I have a rules question. I have Niko, Light of Hope in play with two shard tokens and a manifest dread creature that is Sheltered by Ghost. If I exile Sheltered by Ghosts will it return as a Sheltered by Ghosts that can be attached to a creature I control? This just happened and I was too wary of trying to see if it worked
>>
>>94206798
Thank you. Two decks, both D&T adjacent but closer to aggro or midrange than creature based control. Cataclysm is probably good.
>>
>>94206742
4x enlightened tutor + all that shit
>>
File: Spoiler Image (574 KB, 1922x1075)
574 KB
574 KB JPG
spoiler due to
>Arena
Does anyone play anything adjacent to this, or have experience with a deck like this?
Scared to run Yawg because timeless is a mana drain format, and I don't think he's better than doing sam cat. The problem is Yawg can also win fair-ish games and sam cat cannot.
How the fuck do I force my shit through combo blue decks? I've resolved that if I get surgical'd or leyline'd I just try and fight through it. That's why I have the BACKUP COMBO, but if I get double surgical'd life is fucking BAD.
>>
>/mtgag/ down again
All the Arena tourists need to go back
>>
>>94206125
Why does this not just say Amass Snail 1
>>
>>94206983
You go back to universes beyond general.
>>
>>94206992
Too fun for modern Wizards
>>
>>94207000
But I'm already here.
>>
File: lol.jpg (452 KB, 1885x903)
452 KB
452 KB JPG
>>94206983
>not playing Arena for the retarded jank you can get away with
You're missing out. Bullying Arena players with weird brews is fun.
>>
>>94206992
Because WotC is addicted to creating technically distinct nearly identical variations on existing mechanics.
>>
opponent on nerdstalk control deck
both of us with dead removal cards in hand

I start the back and forth with turn 4 overlord of the mistmoors
he answers with split up and snags the tokens and is tapped down
I turn 5 mainphase scrollshift + molten duplication, dealing 6 damage and farting an overlord + 6x 2/1 tokens onto the board
he untaps and sunfalls and is tapped down
I turn 6 cast trumpeting carnosaur which of course hits nothing but quintorius, scrollshift & molten duplications to OHKO opponent
he gets extremely upset throughout the whole process and acts inordinately salty

What is it about pure control players?
24 of the cards in MY deck are interaction even though its a combo, and I don't get ass blasted if someone slips threats past me tapping out each turn to answer them. That's just how the cookie crumbles. Need to line up get losts and flood maws if you don't want to be shields down.
>>
File: GREEN DOO DOO.jpg (153 KB, 716x1000)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>94205017
>>94204755
Here's your mono green, bro.
>>
>>94206843

>if I Niko a facedown manifested Sheltered by Ghosts will the shards become Sheltered by Ghosts?

I don't think so but that's clownworld stuff and the clowns get to decide when it happens. any sane judge will just rule that the interaction doesn't work and go eat lunch, but there aren't any of those.
>>
File: IMG_1798.jpg (1.22 MB, 1333x750)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>94206983
I got banned so yes the thread is dead. You cant keep it up without me. Hehe get it?
Also magic is easy i dont know what you guys are even complaining about.
>>
>>94207057
the thread is help up by like three anons who take turns bumping it for 8 hours each, it's honestly a miracle it stays up at all
>>
>>94207053
Cool dog
>>
>>94207074
>turn 3 voja could have killed faster than sunfall
>now it dies to split up
meh
>>
>>94206843
Yes it returns as an aura and attachs to a creature you control or it goes to the graveyard if you dont have a creature.
>>
>>94206915
you should probably play a 60-card version in Historic.
and 4x Birthing Ritual seems awesome for those.
I got absolutely shit on by a 4-colour Samwise-Cat deck that played the busted RW energy cards (Amped Raptor and Ajani, who is pretty funny with Cauldron Familiar and Birthing Ritual)
>>
>>94207127
I wish I had 4x Birthing Ritual, my free 3 alchemy packs are why I have that one right now. I haven't gotten to test it yet, but it seems good.
I don't really like historic because of the alchemy rebalances, and I'm addicted to fetchlands thanks to modern.
I've thought about going into red to play with the good energy cards because I do have a few, but I like the pseudo-reanimator plan. Last time I played timeless it was all Show & Tell and UB Reanimate. Getting to steal UB's toys from under them is awesome, but show and tell is a sonnuvabitch.
>>
>opponent deep cavern bats my hand
>reveal it
>4 copies of this nigga staring him in the face
>he takes something and passes
>proceed to drown him in so much card advantage he forgets what his mothers face looks like
Rakdos Sacrifice is actually fucking back.
>>
>>94207156
Got a dicklist? How does it fare against rdw and everyone trying to beat rdw?
>>
File: GOD TIER.jpg (154 KB, 672x936)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
best card in duskmourn
run 4x in every deck that has izzet colors and splash izzet in decks that don't
my mono black list is now grixis just for this
>>
>>94207164
This is for Standard in case that wasn't clear

>1 Cut Down
>4 Fear of Lost Teeth
>4 Final Vengance
>4 Clockwork Percussionist
>4 Sporogenic Infection
>2 Grab the Prize
>4 Disturbing Mirth
>3 Undead Sprinter
>3 Unstoppable Slasher
>4 Sawblade Skinripper
>3 Glassworks // Shattered Yard
>24 Rakdos Land Suite
>Sideboard WIP

It's a WIP deck that's still undergoing optimization and I also need to build an actual sideboard but testing so far has been super promising. I haven't gotten to test it against too many high meta decks yet unfortunately but I super want to. This deck has been a blast and I wanna keep building it.
>>
>>94207156
Aside from Hopeless Nightmare what else are you sacrificing? Do you just pray you draw multiple copies?
>>
I have 2310pps and 42 QPs on MTGO, how should I manage my bankroll? I'm 146 wins 86 losses. I've been keeping 20x buyins, but someone recommended 40x buyins, so maybe I should do leagues until I have 40x challenge buyins in pps
>>
>>94207260
are you having fun? because that's the most important thing you know
>>
>>94207272
i don't care about fun. i want to conquer my enemies and hear the lamentations of their women.

My real problem is that once a tournament gets toround 9 i completely start fucking up from fatigue, which is why i blow at showcases
>>
>>94207226
Oh yeah

So this deck is mostly shit I drafted and pulled during Duskmourne events at the LGS so I haven't thrown much else in there quite yet.
Currently considering Hopeless Nightmare, Spiteful Sex Mage, and I plan on sideboarding shit like Deep Cavern and Anoint with Affliction for now. Considering cutting the land count by one or two as well.
>>
File: reanimate.png (1.15 MB, 1320x748)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
been working on a reanimator deck for standard, and been having some pretty solid success.

Still needs a bit of tuning (trying to find the sweet spot on number of mill card) but i've been having some real game against a lot of decks across both Arena and MTGO.

The only ones that really give me issues are super aggro decks (BR and RDW mainly) because they can explode on turns 2 or 3. I'm trying to figure if Duress over something like Cut Down is the move, because Duress gives me a lot of play against decks that can settle back for a longer game, but even in post-boarding i still feel pretty soft against aggro until a few turns in.
>>
>>94207322
looks pretty fun, I'm surprised to know that the 5 mana reanimation spells are playable
>>
I see Atraxa I scoop.
>>
File: file.png (1.27 MB, 1525x817)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
what other cards does Arena have that could be viable in monobrown?
>>
>>94207408
Yea, i was pretty shocked as well considering that there have been quite a few of them between WOE to now. Live or Die is even Instant speed, which is completely nuts.

Like i mentioned in the post, the only real issue is that there are a few decks in the format that can easily just get under you, but 5 cmc isn't exactly that hard to run. It's also the reason why the deck has more of a midrange pivot in the sideboard (Sheoldred + more removal, and a few hard castable big bodies). Realistically, 5cmc is designed to be the top of the curve so it plays a lot smoother than you'd expect, and you're also not trying to juggle 3+ colors to make it happen
>>
>>94206992
Amassing is for evil armies and snails aren't an army
>t. Maro
But seriously I have no idea, all not giving him the Amass keyword does is make the ability even worse if we get any general Amass support in the future and Wick isn't errated to have Amass Snails.
>>
>>94206992
Because it's one big snail instead of an army of snails.
>>
>>94203879
since they can't give us bolt, I would really love to see an improved lava spike, I miss playing burn
>>
>>94207710
>>
File: 1681702066484040.jpg (31 KB, 500x378)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
When the Marvel sets ends up flopping, what are the odds there's gonna be mass layoffs at Wizards of the Coast since they wasted millions for barely any returns? The only crossover I know will sell would be Final Fantasy. I wouldn't be surprised if MtG later tried to make a set dedicated for Star Wars and that ends up flopping too.
>>
>>94207729
LOTR was their best selling set ever, Marvel will sell just fine. Certainly better than FF, though who knows how much they spent to get the opportunity for either.
>>
>>94206340
I'm gonna die laughing if Tifa and Aerith look ugly as shit. Or if anyone is raceswapped like the Warrior of Light for example.
>>
File: 1686524764132340.gif (1.79 MB, 480x270)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB GIF
>>94207747
>Marvel will sell just fine
>Modern day Marvel
>>
>>94207774
Remember the bar isn't at "sells more than a good product". It's at "sells better than modern Magic product especially that one set that made Aragorn black".
>>
>>94207774
Do you think modern day LOTR is anything significant? No, that has nothing to do with it. Magic has always targeted nostalgiafags, and there's plenty of those for Marvel. Plus it's dipping into comic book territory, where you already have a bunch of whales who will throw money to collect merch. I guarantee you, if they do something like The One Ring but for the Infinity Gauntlet and each of the stones, it would be their best selling set by miles. I would honestly be very surprised if they didn't do something like that, it's pretty much free money.
>>
>>94207729
>>94207774
there are millions of basedjacked disney adults who will buy into it simply because there's a picture of some cape shitter on the card.
>>
>>94207729
We meme about the infinity stones because every Universe Beyond set is pushed beyond reason in order to fulfil their sales contracts with the IP holders.
>>
>>94207724
not pioneer legal sadly
>>
>>94207922
They have seven TOR cards with the gauntlet + stones, just make it so they can be put together to form the full art or something like that and people will eat it up.
>>
>>94207439
Disruptor Flute? Vexing Bauble?
>>
File: PeachMomokoFOIL.jpg (89 KB, 493x493)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>94207774
The release from a Marvel artist sold out in under an hour before any of the other secret lairs in its drop. If they do some Skottie Young showcase arts expect unplayable cards to sell for $50.
>>
File: sld-1736-treasure.jpg (118 KB, 672x936)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>94207774
You are out of your fucking mind if you think these aren't going to be gone immediately. Not only do they all have obscene value for a SL but the art on them are MCU when applicable, and it's popular characters like Iron Man and Captain America. The only real stinker in the art is Storm because it's inconsistent and sometimes uses the more bald-hair despite the actual commander being pretty good. And that one also has a card that hasn't been reprinted since fucking 1993.
>>
>>94207774
They're not even doing marvel they're just doing spiderman (for now) and yes it will sell a fuck load.
>>
>>94208575
Oh anon...
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/announcements/secret-lair-marvel-superdrop
>>
>>94208582
anon that's a secret lair of course it's going to sell out
I'm only talking about sets
>>
>>94208484
Storm herself is also the most powerful commander by far. Fringe cEDH material (absolutely not premier, probably won't break top 10 being a combat damage trigger at 4mv but the effect is game-winning with built-in evasion).
>>
File: horrible_nightmare'.jpg (60 KB, 640x480)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>94207156
>BR
>Removing enchantments
>>
>>94208640
Sacrificing a card that you control and own in order to pay a cost is not removal.
>>
>>94207729
No, it'll all sell plenty unless, god willing, the bubble bursts in the meantime. To be fair, that's not impossible with WotC fully in charge of Commander now. If they manage to scare off the whales by fucking around with Commander too much, that's the end times.
>>
>>94208484
I think the dream, among the people who want the game to recover, is that players actually not only withhold their money for this UB bullshit and punish the company not only for this crap and (irrationally) punish the company because of what the rules committee did. And on top of that impose some level of shame on the people who buy this crap like the community did for 30th.

The problem is that wanting the company to fail to any degree means it will have less resources to make good product. The management won't spend more money to unfuck product that isn't selling it will just fire people. There's no world where Wizards spends the money and effort fixing the game because why would they, the revenues show the game is doing great and there's no real way to express to a "successful" company that the asshats in charge are phoning it in. And it's not just that but punishing Wizards in any way that they would notice would mean having to go through the stores, who would suffer the most.

There's just no fucking fixing the problem and praying it doesn't sell only leads to catastrophe. There's just absolutely no fucking way the people working inside Wizards are going to wake up and start doing something different until all the stores just fucking collapse on their own and/or paper dies.
>>
>>94208700
The RC banning mana crypt, dockside, and jeweled lotus was based though.
>>
>>94207747
If that Japanese CCG can have every anime IP under the sun, why can't magic have famous IPs? I don't give a shit as long as the card designs are interesting and fun. If MCU shitter commanders bring millions of new magic players, ultimately extending the game's lifetime, I'm all for it
>>
File: bb4188_5491166.jpg (84 KB, 960x720)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>94208714
>If MCU shitter commanders bring millions of new magic players, ultimately extending the game's lifetime, I'm all for it
>>
>>94204022
What, one of the most powerful white one drops being a cat wasn't good enough for you?
>>
File: 06s8dngy8n9c1.jpg (156 KB, 672x936)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>94204031
I'm genuinely really sick of these shitty half baked set centric gimmicks they're cramming into each new set now. Offspring, detectives, outlaws, rooms, daybound - fuck off with all of it or at least dedicate 3-4 back to back sets centered around supporting it so at least the stupid normie slop consumers who do drop 1000 bucks every few months on a box can actually make potentially interesting builds instead of just sniping the 3-4 inadvertently good gimmick cards and dumping the rest of their cracked trash into a dusty box in the basement.

Hell, I'd even be okay with them releasing a unified set at the end of the year with nothing but new cards that help support the gimmicks from the past year. Instead it's just fucking nonsense
>oop here's 20 new werewolves with an improved transformation gimmick enjoy em because you're not getting any more for at least 4 years

I'm glad I took the proxy pill before I got too deeply invested in this dumpster fire game.
>>
File: SE41_E15J.png (408 KB, 350x489)
408 KB
408 KB PNG
>>94208714
On the off chance you're not trolling, if you're talking about the CCG I think you're talking about (weiss schwarz) it's because it from day 1 was just print scr screenshots of anime or promo shots on cardboard. The majority of those sales come from trying to get retardedly rare VA signed cards, the actual playerbase is tiny as shit.
MTG meanwhile has built itself on 27 years of original content and being a GAME first and collectable second.
>b-but x was lifted from [pop culture or history]
I don't care, it's not anywhere near the same as this shit and you and ilk like you are retarded for trying to imply they are.
>>
>>94208744
>>b-but x was lifted from [pop culture or history]
>I don't care
I phrased that wrong. I do care when it gets way too over the line like it has of late with Duskmorne. I don't care when it's Theros just being Greece or Tarkir being Mongolia.
>>
>>94204188
Sorry anon, commander players already have too many effective counter spells to deal with and it's already making them feel bad, so sorry no good new counter spell for you
>>
>>94208700
We passed the point of recovery with MH2. We all knew it even if we didn't want to believe it. Now the only hope that remains is for the end.
>>
>>94208708
The point is that the banning should kill paper sales overnight for EDH and forever. It's too early to say but the dream is that even EDH players stop paying for paper. Standard's dead already it's not coming back.

There's just too much fucking money in the game. There are too many people in the community who have staked their livelihoods to the game to let it die proper. SCG can make rational financial decisions because it can give up money but these streamers aren't just going to wake up and give up their $5000/month job playing games for a living.
>>
>>94208714
>If that Japanese CCG can have every anime IP under the sun, why can't magic have famous IPs?
Because WS was never designed with an original setting in mind the way Magic was. It would be like if the Pokemon TCG randomly started introducing characters from Digimon or Jojo's Bizzare Adventure to the game; it would look ridiculous because Pokemon is a beloved IP worldwide and is self contained, not needing to get boosts from the popularity of other franchises.

Noone bats an eye at WS, Shadowverse, Yugioh or whatever recieving 'crossovers' because the game was that way from the beginning. One of the original slogans for the game was "visit the shores of imagination"; I don't see why anyone would want to imagine Captain America flossing over the corpse of Sauron.
>>
>>94207729
>a set centered around marvel released to its ideal target demographic of retarded slop consuming manchildren nerds
>flopping

Anon I buy weekly lottery tickets but even Im not this naive and clueless. Marvel is going to be the 2nd best only next to LotR
>>
>>94208771
>Yugioh or whatever recieving 'crossovers' because the game was that way from the beginning
Yugioh doesn't actually have crossovers either. It has a few blatant winks and nods to other Konami properties like gradius but Magic beat it when it came to bringing another full IP into the game. Even the Dragon Maid archetype in actuality is nothing like the Dragon Maid manga/anime it took the base inspiration from.

If yugioh were to introduce an actual different IP not named Dragon Ball there would be riots.
>>
>>94208771
Nta but Magic will never be nearly as original as Pokemon. It may not be the same as WS but it's not entirely original either. Don't forget we had Aladdin and Liu Bei flossing over the corpses of Frankenstein's Monster 30 years ago.
>>
>>94208753
There is no end. I'm just realizing now that Magic is actually "too big to fail", like the financial system it has far too many bodies acting outside the supplier and the consumer. There's an entire engine of marketing on top of the investors holding shit like they're futures. No bubble bursting has ever fixed the financial system it just means the strongest dogs get bigger while the weaker dogs get eaten.

I understand the "end" you're talking about is any hope the game returns to being good, it's just that it will never go back to being good.
>>
>>94208789
>If yugioh were to introduce an actual different IP not named Dragon Ball there would be riots.

Eh, the japs can be very servile towards corporations. You have to really fuck up to get the japs not to side with the corporation.
>>
>>94208803
No, the end I'm talking about is WotC and Hasbro fucking dying and bringing an end to all the madness.
>>
File: regular-1696284412.jpg (154 KB, 701x1009)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>94208802
There's nothing inherently wrong with a "Heroes of Might and Magic" kitchen sink game based on the fantasy cliches of the best age (1930-1990) of fantasy that incorporates real world fantasy like Three Kingdoms or Gothic Horror or Greek myth.

The problem is Magic devolved from being a game influenced by actual fantasy to being focused around nu-nerdshit where most of its influence comes from vidya and disney and it's formally consistent pre-modern era settings are now a mishmash of scifi, steampunk, reD&Dit medieval, etc. having a board with liu bei alongside aladdins lamp alongside a goblin looked more coherent than the kiddieshit boards you'll now see with a Cyberpunk Neon Rat Biker beside a Barb Wire Baseball Bat beside Ian Malcolm.

There is a MAJOR difference and trying to pretend like there isn't just exposes you as a tasteless brainlet that thinks they've learned how the world works because they took a first year college philosophy course.
>>
>>94208850
>that repressed seethe from being given a reality check
>the hairsplitting cope as if shit like Three Kingdoms hasn't been milked to death
Kek, nostalgia really makes people overrate the creative value of MTG. It was literally born from an attempt to replicate the success of D&D as a card game and always rode on the coattails of other IPs like LOTR and Star Trek. What's happening right now is so natural and such a logical conclusion to the game's history it's just weird to see older players acting shocked, but chances are you weren't even alive 30 years ago.
>>
>>94208850
I really feel as though all the shit creative decisions in the game stem from one person, someone who was in their 20s through the 80s. Because how else could anybody justify licensing fucking Ghostbusters or Dr. Who or Jurassic Park if they didn't have the shittiest taste on the planet much like the people who still go to the theaters to watch Jurassic Park movies. How the fuck did we get a Western set that didn't celebrate any actual iconic Western pop culture were it not for the fact the creative mind behind it had a stereotype of Westerns that didn't go much further than cowboys and indians but didn't touch anything like John Wayne or Clint Eastwood. Kamigawa didn't feel like Cyberpunk it felt like fucking Tron and the thirty year difference between the two properties matters here because the feel was definitely more Tron than Cyberpunk. The "Greek" set felt like someone just went through an elementary school encyclopedia of myth.

Just look at fucking Duskmourn. Does that feel like modern horror or does that feel like some kind of retarded Scooby Doo bastardized mix with 80s horror.
>>
>>94208859
nta, but you have to be willfully obtuse to not see the difference between Arabian Nights and fucking Doctor Who. LotR and DnD were within the realm of tolerable crossovers, maybe even Final Fantasy at the extreme, but shit like Fallout and Marvel and Walking Dead are well past any reasonable threshold. Yes, you posted an Iron Man reference in an old card, but at least there was a gesture towards making it fit into the setting. Now we're getting an actual Iron Man card and you're saying "How could you not see this coming? They referenced Iron Man before!". Fucking idiotic.
You're defending the transition from periodic dumb references to straight up Fortnite bullshit. It's not a natural conclusion to anything but WotC and Hasbro's insatiable greed.
>>
>>94208918
>Kamigawa didn't feel like Cyberpunk it felt like fucking Tron and the thirty year difference between the two properties matters here because the feel was definitely more Tron than Cyberpunk.

Not sure where you're getting Tron out of NEO. All the mecha and holograms made it feel like someone watched some anime and Bladerunner and mashed them together.
>>
>>94208928
>b-but at least there was a gesture towards making it fit into the setting
Lmao, retarded zoomer. There's no difference, it's called market growth and being a business. No one gives a shit about what you consider tolerable, they want to make more money and always have.
>>
>>94208744
>MTG meanwhile has built itself on 27 years of original content and being a GAME first and collectable second.
yea and pokemon outsells it 10:1 because it's a game people collect instead of play :)
>>
>>94208978
I think Pokemon outsells Magic not because people play it but because it's just a product that is bought for every kid, they fuck around with it, and then it goes in the trash or whatever like an art set.

Magic you have to play the game, it has no other redeeming qualities. No grandparent is going to be standing in a Walmart and be like "I'll buy my grandkid this stupid Magic shit" rather than "I'll buy my grandkid this stupid Pokemon shit". This decision is being made for every adult buying children a card product and Pokemon wins out 99% of the time.

That 10:1 sales figure, if true, that 1 consists almost 100% entirely of people who buy the product to play the game, the 10 is probably 99% adults buying some toy for kids with the remaining 1% of the 10 accounting for people who buy the product to play the game.
>>
>>94208640
>>
>>94209008
>No grandparent is going to be standing in a Walmart and be like "I'll buy my grandkid this stupid Magic shit"
they will now that it has captain america in it :)
>>
When did the lore of MtG becomes irredeemable that players and shit pretty much gave up on it?
>>
>>94209031
Alara
>>
>>94208700
>The management won't spend more money to unfuck product that isn't selling it will just fire people
But that's a good thing though. In the end it's all about money, they'll quickly abandon their ways if money is on the line.
>>
>>94208724
How do they even top shit like this
What's next?

Urza, Young Artificer {U}
Legendary Creature - Human Artificer
Whenever Urza attacks, create a tapped and attacking 0/0 colorless Construct artifact creature token with "This creature gets +1/+1 for each artifact you control.".
Metalcraft - As long as you control three or more artifacts, artifacts you control have "{T}: Draw a card"
1/3

what's the actual thought process behind making 1 drop creatures that completely take over the game if they get to attack. I mean at least ragavan didn't put lethal threats on the board he just farted so much ramp and card advantage you'd be buried in it, you shouldn't need to sweep the board to deal with a fucking 1 drop on turn 1
>>
>>94208850
Wtf? There's Jurassic Park cards? What set is this?
>>
>>94209054
funnily enough no one really evaluated ocelot pride that high during spoiler season, same with tamyio and psychic frog and we all know how those 3 turned out
>>
>>94208973
>There's no difference

If you weren't yourself a fucking zoomer who thinks hollow Fortnite bullshit is natural, you'd understand the fucking difference. But you were a baby when shit like Big Bang Theory came along and globbed together disparate nerd niches into a disgusting, shallow amalgamated geek chic soup designed for mass consumption. Passing references are nothing compared to this tactless, unholy gruel that the youth think is normal.
>>
File: retarded chungus.jpg (74 KB, 512x640)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>94209031
Soon as this completely fucking vacuum of writing appeared

Yawgmoth:
>A human artificer with absolutely no powers or abilities beyond a normal human, just total amorality and keen insight into the germ theory of disease and artifice
>Gains his power through ruthless actions and experimentation, ascends into pseudo godhood through thousands of years of building his artificial paradise
>Motivated by a pursuit of knowledge and perfection and evolution
>Surrounded by detailed worldbuilding, backstory, intrigue, character flaws
>Killing him required a sacrifice of virtually every main character and an apocalypse that wiped the world

Nicol Bolas
>A fucking cartoon dragon god of infinite power who can do anything with no limits except whatever arbitrary application he has in any story and could be anywhere from getting punched out by a human dweeb to destroying planets with a snap of his fingers, who the fuck knows its never consistently explained
>He's powerful because he's powerful, his sole motivation is to get more power for powers sake and he wants to steal power from other planeswalkers so he can become a real powerful planeswalker again because power
>Twirls his villain mustache and reveals he's behind every plot to sour your milk and hide your car keys
>Fucking time travel writing lmao
>Defeating his multi-set spanning arc required one furry dying and everyone dusted themselves off and returned status quo like its just Tuesday
>>
File: 20241024.jpg (8 KB, 291x173)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Neromancer?
https://youtu.be/og6RGDD1oaE

>>94203879
>>TQ
A mono-green non-changeling angel
https://youtu.be/aM0abSUDQ1c?t=63
>>
>>94209071
I was in my 20s when Big Bang Theory first aired, kiddo.
>shallow amalgamated geek chic soup designed for mass consumption
Literally described MTG lmao. If you can't understand how "passing references" inevitably become part of the product you're too low IQ for this conversation.
>>
>>94209056
You could get them from LCI set and collector boosters.
>>
This is a trap card
It is responsible for me winning lots of games.... against it

Yes its a great card in black tempo lists. As long as you are aggro with other creatures, other targets for removal. As long as you can clock out the opponent before they can stabilize. You know what this is a horrible card in? Discard decks. If you're running bandits class, ruthless negotiation, hopeless nightmare, liliana, etc, good job you just put one of the cards from my hand into safekeeping so I can get it back on command later when I topdeck removal and break out of your lock with a chain of spells in one turn. Why don't you just play "Gift a card" bullshit while you're at it?
Don't play the bat in a discard deck
>>
>>94208859
speaking of star trek my favorite moment was when wotc decided copying the borg collective for their main villains wasn't enough and copied x-files too with the black oil thing

not being sarcastic by the way i love sci-fi slop
>>
>>94208014
I have no idea who the artist is but I ordered those simply because I liked the art.
>>
>>94209200
I haven't seen discard decks at all lately.
>>
>>94209008
yea that was the point earlier
mtg has no brand
they have never even tried to have a brand
that's why they gave up and just became the fortnite card game
>>
>>94209204
when are they going to try to have the slivers as a threat
or at least bring back the eldrazi, they screwed that pooch so thoroughly they're back down to cycling through two villains every 5 years instead of 3
>>
File: dino.jpg (1.18 MB, 1016x2464)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>94209056
some of the UB stuff have really good land art
the ass creed forest is nice and you wouldn't even know it was ass creed unless someone told you
>>
>>94209031
>When did the lore of MtG becomes irredeemable that players and shit pretty much gave up on it?
the story has only improved since after war came out (and especially after kelman and weissman got fired)
but if you mean when wotc gave up then original weatherlight
corporate decided to axe it prematurely and they never tried for a consistent story ever again
the closest they ever got was kellan (I'm not comparing the two in the slightest, just saying that you can't have a consistent narrative if you only see characters once every six years)
>>
>>94209327
>muh ship
lomayo
>>
>>94209312
Not that Anon, but I don't think there's a need for there to be bigthreats, personally while I like the Eldrazi they feel overdone now and some of their mechanical identity can be explored in other factions like Emerge. Honestly I don't think cycling through more minor villains is bad, Bloomburrow had a rather nice self contained story that just didn't have enough time to breathe due to being a single set block, they might try to make Vagorvoth the new big threat since it's unclear if he can expand Duskmourn to also encompass other planes.
>>
>>94209312
Aren't the next big bois the fomorian?
>>
>>94209327
>the story has only improved since after war came out
HAHAHAHAHA! EXPLAIN HIS DEATH ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE PRAETORS.
>>
>>94209410
Probably, in the space opera set, after all the fomori stuff is present on multiple planes yet they are probably not walkers, so it's very possible that they use conventional space travel to go from plane to plane (which implies that all planes are basically star systems? Dunno)
>>
>>94209425
I didn't say it was good, I said it was better than war, which is the lowest bar imaginable.
Throwing away every plot thread they had set up in the (sort-of) good lead up was retarded. MOM isn't AS bad as war but it's certainly not good, just less embarrassing. Why did they spend so much time on urabrask being a double agent now when it amounted to fuck and all? He was already cool with the mirrans in scars so it's not like they had to make up something for that.

Sheoldred and Urabrask just got killed for being traitors (sheoldred was already kind of a traitor anyway), vorinclex died fighting an angel I think, jin got ran over because of some nonsense in the fight I don't remember, and elesh got beheaded by karn.
MOM was a really bad ending to a kind of good lead up, but its ending is still infinitely better than war (again, my point)

It's not GOOD it's just BETTER. There is a very important difference.
>>
How would they ruin a set based off of Ancient Rome?
>>
>>94209445
It's just Theros but they change the plane name to Saviortas
>>
>>94209443
Shit being called less shit still means it's shit
>>
>>94209449
and I never said it was good
I said it was better
please read
>>
>>94209451
It's still shit though
>>
>>94209452
mostly, yes
>>
>>94209425
>>94209449
>>94209452
he is just mad that his fanfic ship got sunk at war and anything retconning that is automatically better (even tho it's not)
>>
>>94209374
>Honestly I don't think cycling through more minor villains is bad, Bloomburrow had a rather nice self contained story
While I agree with you there was nonstop shitflinging on here about how "bloomburrow's story is such shit filler! It's just an evil mayor!" instead of like grand multiversal threat like I guess they're trying to make valgavoth?
I do hope that's some kind of red herring, since even in-universe they comment on how he's just phyrexia 0.5
>>
>>94209459
wait you're talking about like, romance shipping?
i thought you were saying I got mad about the weatherlight being fucked (that I was, yea)
who the fuck was even dating in war besides jace and vraska, I guess?
>>
but it only takes a functioning brain and an eye to see that most stories are better than war
it's hard to be worse than war but "lmao channel fireball" is close from bfz and the origins wiping any personality some of them had from existence
>>
>>94209467
sunk at war, anon. meaning there was no more "flirting" or whatever, please read. you would know what I'm talking about if you really read the novel like you claim
>>
>>94209478
>if you really read the novel like you claim
who the fuck ever said I read that pile of trash
is there some local spat you have someone?
I think there was some random shit about nissa and chandra being gay or something around that time but as you said that was mostly just fanfic bullshit.
>>
>>94209462
How can Val be a multiversal threat when he's barely a threat in a plane he has total control over?
>>
>>94209079
gets you emotionally invested then they drag the plot on for a decade which involved mostly nothing related happening then rushed the ending
>>
>>94209491
He's not, really, but the story sure treats him like one.
He gets loot at the end as if it's some big 'oh no!' moment and the last thing that happens in the story is one of his doors pops up in proft's room so it's "oh no now he's spreading everywhere!"
>>
>>94209489
>is there some local spat you have someone?
you have with someone, excuse me
>>
also since talking about the weatherlight
the convoluted excuse they came up with to kill the weatherlight (again) is one of the stupidest things they have ever done in the story
it's far from #1 but it's still probably like top 10
if they hadn't gone out of their way to nuke it they could have had it actually crossing the planes like when the story wasn't 100% garbage
>>
>>94209443
explain how it's better
>>
>>94209489
ok so you are here giving opinions on things you have never seen. simply eric
>>
>>94209374
I want Valvagoth to try to invade Innistrad and get vored by Emrakul
>>
>>94209502
you dont have to sign you posts this forum is anomalous
>>
>>94209443
>nobody takes karn seriously so he investigates braids on his own and gets trapped until the end of the story
>invading every plane simultaneously instead of doing it one by one
>infighting and rebellions during an invasion
>most compleated walkers get healed
The story had less logic than a deviant art fanfic.
>>
>>94209505
hot
>>
>>94209501
characters aren't randomly killed for no reason, especially not "Oh no not those heccin nameless 500 viashi I MEAN LIZARD planeswalkers that all died in the elderspell!"
the dialogue and plot events actually have a throughline in a set, if not across a year or so (Kellan's arc is something absurdly basic and really shouldn't be praised but it's more or less novel ground for wotc)
new walkers aren't all random people shitting themselves for the jacetice league (lukka was a dickish asshole and then got compleated, was one of the better stories at the time to be honest)

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone try to defend war, did you like it somehow or is this just "everything since war is just as bad".
>>
>>94209509
mom is pretty bad yea, which is what I kept saying
the leadup was mostly good
mom itself is pretty embarrassing especially with the scooby doo force on strixhaven doing gag shit to beat phyrexians
>>
>>94209512
>everything since war is just as bad
yes
>>
>>94209505
Is Emrakul still trapped in the moon? I stopped following the story.
>>
File: dsk-46-creeping-peeper.jpg (132 KB, 672x936)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>94209438
Space is a super hostile environment and Dungeons and Dragon to my understanding has a space equivalent people ride "Spelljammers" through, so I wouldn't be surprised if a civilization found a way to brave the blind eternities, Duskmourn was implied to have been close to discovering the blind eternities when Yagavoth ate it and there are some Phyrexian scriptures in some art of Duskmourn. Something which WoTC would probably have to ask an artists in particular to do.

>>94209462
>While I agree with you there was nonstop shitflinging on here about how "bloomburrow's story is such shit filler! It's just an evil mayor!" instead of like grand multiversal threat like I guess they're trying to make valgavoth?
Honestly, I really liked the lower stakes, Bloomburrow just needed more time for things to be spaced out. While I don't think the Lorwyn books are good, I prefer stories that don't have to do with some multiversal conflict, I guess a more defined or personal setting makes it easier for me to get invested into it. The universes/multiverse/world is just too of an all encompassing idea.
>I do hope that's some kind of red herring, since even in-universe they comment on how he's just phyrexia 0.5
I think he has a decent chance of being a red herring, with him being used as something that further validates Jace's and Vraska's plans for multiversal rebirth. Since in it's current state it keeps pumping these shitters out and the Omenpaths allow them a direct line to other planes.

>>94209505
He was going to dump Winter there as a reward, so I think he knows it's a hell plane with nothing value. Although it would be funny.
>>
>>94209519
well it's not
two people got fired and an entire finished book got deleted because of how bad war was
funnily eldraine (original)'s story was pretty good too, though having actual books instead of 5 mini-stories will lead to a better story in general
>>
>>94209522
Emmy is in the moon yea, but no stop asking about her she wasn't related to the moon being fucked in midnight hunt, that was an ancient moon cult that's always existed.
iirc they have a "uhhh maybe I dunno" line for her in some extra story at the time but you'd think someone would at least mention it
>>
>>94209522
Yes she's waiting for Vulgarmoth to show up and eat him then Innistrad and Duskmourn will become one plane which she will then proceed to eat
>>
>>94209524
Ah, also fomori have "spacesuits" so the can into space travel 100%
>>
>>94209495
btw, the door popping in Proft's room is the main reason people believe that Jace merged with Val.
>>
>>94209541
It would be really funny if that was Jace at the end instead of Winter.
Less funny if he just had some other plot bullshit to assume direct control, but still a bit.
>>
>>94209541
What is he gonna do?
Hit him with another lead pipe?
>>
I think I got it!
The solution to the storytelling is to simply abandon this worthless wotc universe noone but valueless, unwanted and extremely mentality ill vortho's care about and start telling oc stories based on IP's people actually do care about. What a huge selling point for your set would it be if it's basically Deadpool & Wolverine 2 people would eat that slop right up.
>>
>>94209529
she should just eat duskmourn so we can forget that shitty set ever existed
>>
File: 1709307343060303.jpg (13 KB, 250x250)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>94209495
>Create new horror theme set
>It's really lame
>Introduce powerful Fear Demon
>He isn't scary
>Show his influence growing
>Nobody gives a shit
It's all so tiresome
>>
>>94209551
This but unironically
>>
>>94209551
Shut up Maro, you aren't paid to write fanfiction.
You're paid to ruin a card game.
>>
>>94209554
Have Marina take control of him somehow, or some faustian bargain (again) thing where he can't get out but she's stuck there (but aware of the horrors now or something) that'd probably be the most interesting thing they can do with the plane, but other than that there's not really a whole lot you can do for a return.
Other than that it's just "what if the bad ending of innistrad happened"
>>
>>94209551
ngl it would be hilarious and make a lot of manchildren here cry
>>
>>94209554
I liked the idea people had of the plane before release where it specifically made up/showed people to rooms that had specifically their biggest fear, since he feeds off of fear after all.
but no he's just a generic scary demon or something, or at least they never say anything like that.
He's also pretty weak. Like, I get there's the notion of him having a vulnerable core or some shit but his moth body could barely do shit.
>>
>>94209551
would probably have better writing than most modern final fantasy games
>>
File: 1717660087368158.png (164 KB, 407x485)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>94209551
>OC stories
>Based on IPs
>>
>Make set for haunted mansion
>Have cool monster designs
>Dogshit everything else
But of course.
>>
>>94209551
After cabin in the woods with a big moth and wacky races in space they might as well.
>>
>>94209575
yes
>>
>>94209605
cabin in the woods was actually good
the actual writing for the set is nowhere near as good as it, but it's at least better than the meme shit that the set itself shows with proton packs galor and buffy twirling around
>>
>>94209600
it's like picrel on soilent
>>
>>94209625
OG Innistrad was better than Duskmourn by every metric.
>>
>>94208750
If that were the reason they could just reprint one.
>>
>>94205588
There have been several decks in multiple formats over the years where the optimal answer to them is to target their ramp enablers and then rush them down. If you save your removal for the threats there's decks that can simply overwhelm you with sheer threat density after they have enough mana.
>>
>>94205588
>if you are wasting you are removal on a mana dork your not a very good player
lol
>>
>>94208724
Should have clarified:
More cats and more White cantrip creatures *that aren't exclusive to meme formats*
>>
>>94209650
Anon has never played anything but battle cruiser magic and can't comprehend bolting the bird.
>>
>>94209625
>Ol' demon lord of asstomouth
>>
>>94209319
The ass creed lands that don't have assassins in them are great, I love the Island with the pirate ship in it.
>>
I NEED FOUNDATIONS SPOILERS
>>
anyone who has ever played these MH3 RW energy cards should be killed irl
fucking aggro subhumans playing with training wheels. it's not even MTG.
>>
>>94209837
this but with [current set]
>>
File: ff no art direction.jpg (953 KB, 2880x2880)
953 KB
953 KB JPG
>>94207729
No one buys Final Fantasy anymore, you're in denial.
>>
>>94209837
>it's not even MTG.

anyone who plays actual MTG, or wants to, should be quietly disposed of in the old greek way with the floats and the honey
>>
>>94209887
imagine if the entire set was rooted in shilling recent titles noone cares about
meaning no sephiroth for you final fantasy set
>>
File: 1427745407383.jpg (76 KB, 726x612)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>94209930
Universe Beyond sets are mainly about nostalgia pandering. This leads me to believe that Final Fantasy gives more spotlight on mainline titles that had most impact on the masses like FF7 and FF14.
>>
>>94209946
that's why I would piss myself laughing if they had the gall
>>
>>94209958
I'm pretty sure they've said they're covering every numbered game at a minimum. It'd be hilarious if the VII rep was Genesis or some shit though
>>
>>94209989
>pretty sure
they haven't said anything as of yet
>>
>>94209989
They should only cover the original final fantasy, everything that came after that was a lie.
>>
>>94208586
Yeah, they've said there'll be multiple Marvel sets and Spidey's the first one. Strange choice for the first one, even if he is Marvel's biggest character. I guess it's more "Spider-Man and associated Spider-People and villains and maybe one or two miscellaneous characters who tend to be lumped with Spider-Man". I can see Avengers and X-Men getting their own sets, with maybe a fourth as a catch-all.
>>
>>94210259
NTA but that's incorrect
>The set will reference all main entries released so far, from Final Fantasy to Final Fantasy XVI.[3]
the source being: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wlBofOnmg4 at 26:50
>>
>>94210259
The announcement for it said, specifically, that it was covering every mainline game from 1 to 16.
>>
>>94210278
thanks for source/timestamp
>>
>>94210264
As long as we get Jack Garland, I'm in.
>>
>>94210315
Considering he's not from a mainline game, unlikely. Normal actual Garland is very likely, though. Good chance he's a DFC that flips into Chaos.
>>
>>94208714
I knew a guy up north who played WS, and would try to get people into it. He was literally the only normal person I ever met who plays the game.

Everyone else was either a degenerate weeb talking (openly) about the nasty shit they imagine about their waifu, a fanatic for some shitty niche anime, or a cat lady.

This guy told me he would go to the regionals, win because so few players were competitive, then take his two weeks vacation and get flown out to Japan by Bushiroad for worlds. He would lose worlds obviously, but hed then spend two weeks in Japan.

I guess normal is relative in this case.
>>
>>94207801
LotR is a nerd cultural icon. It's one of the pillars of modern literature. To compare any other IP to it falls flat.

Theres a reason the Marvel set is full of cards that hasn't been reprinted (or printed little) since the 20th century
>>
>>94208802
Arabian Nights, Legends, and The Dark all get a pass because they were designed before it was decided Magic should be it's own IP (this idea actually sprang up with Antiquities, and was the reason Legends were changed from real world legends).

P3K is an oddball outline that if it wasn't for EDH and YouTube, your rotted brain wouldn't even no about. Hell it wasn't even legal to play Portal cards 30 years ago outside of Portal, which, in turn was it's own format. (No seriously, look it up, it even had it's own rules)

Besides that, it was such an obscure and niche product it use to be one of those gatekeeping style questions people would ask new players. "What are the three portal sets?"

To say "we had Liu Bei in play" shows not only did you not play Magic, but you probably still don't.
>>
>>94210522
>It's one of the pillars of modern literature
The idea of a nerd nowadays is so weak that I don't think literature of any sort can be found among the things nerds care about nowadays. The spike in reading the books when the movies came out only lasted until the Return of the King came out, and by that time the young nerds were simply just watching the movies rather than reading the books. I also think that among the people who do care about literature, Lord of the Rings hardly counts as a pillar I mean it isn't even studied in high school because it's just a story, there's no definitive poetry to be taught from it despite there being actual poetry in the books.

Yes, Lord of the Rings is a cultural icon among nerds. But as the person you replied to pointed out, it's only a cultural icon among the people who also think Marvel is a cultural icon. They're not good things but they will insist they are pillars of something. But they're not exemplary of anything they're shit and they're celebrated by people who are "nerds" but moreso consumer whores who have ruined what it means to be a nerd.

I'm not saying everyone who likes Lord of the Rings or Marvel are consumer whores but most of them are. And most of them couldn't tell you shit about either thing because they've never picked up a book in their lives.
>>
File: fghhfg.jpg (165 KB, 1360x394)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>when you get tired of losing with your "fun" decks and just netdeck something
winning is surprisingly fun
>>
>>94210653
I'm scared to launch my last game before mythic...
>>
They're just gonna fill Foundations with commander shit, right? There's gonna be a dozen of worthless legendary cards, right?
I swear to fuck, if there's a legendary creature in the first spoiled/revealed cards, I'm fucking done.
>>
my friends convinced me to try commander with them yesterday
jesus christ I now understand even more why this is the cancer killing the mtg I love
>>
>>94210583
>Arabian Nights, Legends, and The Dark all get a pass because the game was new and they couldn't afford crossovers yet
Kek, this shameless cope.
>P3K is an oddball outline that if it wasn't for EDH and YouTube
I had those cards back then, this is just your zoomer ass projecting and proving my point.
>your rotted brain wouldn't even no about
Thanks for jumping in, esl retard.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (138 KB, 672x936)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>94210757
BOO!
>>
>>94210780
The best thing Wizards could do to save magic is kill commander and ban the format including all cards made for it.
>>
>>94210612
jesus christ stfu faggot
>>
File: fuck.webm (82 KB, 424x344)
82 KB
82 KB WEBM
>>94210800
>>
>>94210757
Foundations should be a Core set really with the best removal, countermagic, ramp, and all the other staple effects that will persist through the game for the next five years. It should also contain the M10 duals both allied and enemy, preferably at Uncommon.

None of the Rares should be good, they should probably reserve the strongest cards for non-Core sets to ensure they sell. And if none of the Rares are good then it shouldn't offend you if there's Commander shit in there I mean who cares. If the set doesn't do what I said above, then having some random Commander shit is going to be the least of the set's problems given that the set is supposed to ease players getting into Standard.

The problem is that what I say they should do isn't going to make decks cheaper because all those effects are going to be commons or cards like Path to Exile. It's just difficult to imagine that they would print a desirable cycle in Foundations like the Titans because while having those things dominate the metagame would make decks cheaper, the incessant bitching about their dominance will only damage Standard attendance further. Because Wizards just doesn't test shit, they can't actually create an environment where as many as 10 strong chase cards in each colour can exist. It's always this narrow band of 1-2 cards at Mythic that far outstrips everything else in the format or the history of Magic.
>>
File: 1728905439806.jpg (32 KB, 600x315)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>94210612
>Unironic autismo sperging about poetry and nerd culture in /mtg/
>>
>>94210612
Reading books (and shunning movies) doesn't make you less of a consumer or less of a whore. I skipped all my usual discretionary spending for 3 months in order to save $50 to buy the histories of Middle Earth, does that make me less of a whore than someone who bought special editions of the movies? Of course not. Nerds have always been whores. Fictional mediums are simply a product of the times, books aren't more noble than other mediums, they're simply lower tech.
>>
>>94211045

It does if you go to the library or use libgen. We are not the same.
>>
>>94210882
Ideally the rares would be Valakut and Fauna Shaman and Stoneforge Mystic. Cards that are bad in limited but which are also staples for niche decks. I don't expect that to happen, I expect Foundations to be 100% bullshit (90% unplayable and 10% overpowered with little rhyme or reason), but ideally in a perfect world the rares would all have a home just like the commons and uncommons.
>>
>>94211045
Is that even written by Tolkien?
Of course you're a consoomer for buying stupid shit that has nothing to do with the original work.
>b-but it was edited by his son!
I bet you also read Herbert's son crap lol.
>>
>>94211065
You can also pirate the movies and games, but that really isn't the point, nerds like to own things.
It's possible to be a nerd without consuming, as other anons have explained, but the nerds who don't want to consume are completely removed from this conversation because they feel no need to own (non-chinese) Magic cards.
>>
>>94211108
Yes and yes and no. Professor Christopher Tolkien earned my money, I have no reservations about that, it's the 3rd generation Tolkiens that I have reservations about.
But I'd still rather give money to a 3rd generation Tolkien than give money to Hasbro. Hell, I'd rather give money to Brian Herbert than give money to Hasbro, but I'm still not going to read the Dune sequels.
>>
>>94211185
How about not giving money to anyone?
>>
>>94211106
Yeah I agree that it would make sense to print Stoneforge and Fauna Shaman. Snapcaster, Young Pyromancer, the Izzet Young Pyromancer. But I don't expect that to happen either. It's just hard to imagine that the company that printed 30th no more than a year ago would have shifted gears to ensure that Foundations does the exact opposite that product did.

I think the actual single biggest fuck up they can do is put Thoughtseize in the set. That card is easily the most miserable card to put into Constructed without question. Thoughtseize or Inquisition. Just imagine, five years of having to deal with that card as a new player. Experienced players can handle it but without question Thoughtseize invokes the most despise from new players, even worse than countermagic. I'm digging for new lows Wizards can achieve so I actually hope they put Thoughtseize in the set just so I can selfishly feel correct about how fucking shit and lost they've become. It's been long enough since Theros, I can see them bringing that effect back.
>>
>>94211106
I really want Valakut or some kind of good land to get printed.
God there are no fucking good lands on Arena.
>>
>>94211193
Nah, that's a lot of activist hassle for something that doesn't even lead to a future I want to live in. The future that I want to live in is the one that rewards people for making things I want. The main thing is to try to give money to individual creators and avoid giving money to corporations. Corporations don't make anything you want, they just take credit for things made by individuals, fuck corporations and fuck capitalism. If all spending was intelligent then capitalism would die.
>>
>>94211108
>he didn't read the children of húrin because it was edited by christopher
ngmi
>>
>>94211207
Handfuck is part of the game, I don't want to deny that, Magic is not a nice game it's a game about ruining other peoples' plans.
That said, yea, Thoughtseize is still bullshit. Something slightly less powerful (like Inquisition) would be ideal imo. But it's hard to judge because the current power level of the game (even in standard) is frankly alien to me, I don't know how to evaluate it, I just know enough to say that Thoughtseize is still unhealthy even in light of the current power level.
>>
>>94211240
>He didn't read the children of hurin because it's about a bandit captain who fucks his sister and the sheer grimderp would make GRRM blush
>>
>>94211108
>he doesn't read Kafka because almost all of his works were edited and published posthumously, by his friend who ignored his instructions to destroy them
>>
• The five iconic creatures each show up on multiple cards

• Two monocolor reprints, each of a different color, that together win you the game.

• Some creature tokens in this set: 1/1 white Rabbit, 2/1 blue Ninja, 3/3 Green Raccoon, 4/4 red Dragon, and a copy that’s a Nightmare

• A character from one of our most popular online Magic stories returns

• An 8/12 creature with ward 4

• A creature with seven evergreen keywords

• A Magic Invitational winner’s card gets reprinted (and no, not the most powerful one)

• Counters in the set: +1/+1, bait, fellowship, incubation, loyalty, revival, soul, stash, and stun

• A card that’s in the top 10 cards I sign gets reprinted

• More deciduous mechanics get used in this set than any previous (non-Time Spiral block) premier set

Next, here are some rules text that will be showing up on cards:

• “This spell costs {1} less to cast for each Cat you control.”

• “You can’t lose the game and your opponents can’t win the game.”

• “target instant or sorcery card in your graveyard gains flashback until end of turn.”

• “Creatures you control get +10/+10”

• “A deck can have any number of cards named”

• “Then exile all other Nightmare tokens you control.”

• “Whenever you draw your second card each turn, create a token that’s a copy of this creature.”

• “Double the number of each kind of counter”

• “You may pay {B} rather than pay this spell’s mana cost if there are thirteen or more creatures on the battlefield.”

• “Draw a card for each different mana value among nonland permanents you control.”

• Creature – Rabbit Noble

• Creature – Demon Warlock

• Creature – Shark Pirate

• Creature – Eldrazi

• Creature – Hyena Rogue

• Creature – Spider Spirit

• Creature – Elemental Hydra

• Creature – Bear Demon

• Artifact Creature – Phyrexian Construct

• Legendary Creature – Zombie Warlock
>>
>>94211248
It's not really about evaluating the power of Thoughtseize. It's evaluating the emotions new players feel about getting handfucked. The fact is getting Thoughtseized or Inquisitioned or like Hymn'd is going to make people quit. Arguably Mind Rot would evoke the same feeling but we know that card is shit so the situation never arises where Mind Rot is identified as a awful feeling but there's an absolute certainty Thoughtseize evokes the absolute worse feeling especially T1 Thoughtseize because among new players screwing around with their bad decks, Thoughtseize ends the game for them right there, you strip whatever they perceive is their most valuable card and they're left with no gameplan.

What is true about Thoughtseize is also true about Strip Mine or Wasteland or even Stone Rain. Wizards knows this, they could be excused for printing Thoughtseize the first time but to reprint it in Theros was fucking stupid, arguably the dumbest reprint in the entire history of the game.

So I'm somewhat eager to see it in Foundations. Because to me it would be the greatest fuck up ever, it would mean they learned nothing.
>>
>>94211303
>A character from one of our most popular online Magic stories returns
Kaya is back!
>>
>>94211268
>would make GRRM blush
it really wouldn't
>>
>>94211303
>A deck can have any number of cards named
STOP THIS STOP
STHOOOPPPPPPU
>>
>>94211303
>A Magic Invitational winner’s card gets reprinted (and no, not the most powerful one)
>“target instant or sorcery card in your graveyard gains flashback until end of turn.”
snappy?
>>
>>94211303
>• Creature – Spider Spirit
Spiderbros it's happening
>>
>>94211320
Popular implies a VERY widely-beloved one. To my mind, there's not THAT many of those. Truth of Names could be one, so maybe another Alesha. Loran's Smile could be another, so a Feldon or one of the characters Feldon met. Could also be Shadowblayde, from the Kaladesh story, the chuuni elf who assisted Ajani.
>>
>>94211303
>A Magic Invitational winner’s card gets reprinted (and no, not the most powerful one)
>“target instant or sorcery card in your graveyard gains flashback until end of turn."
snapcaster confirmed
>>
>>94211303
>Creature – Eldrazi
But I wanted Slivers for Pioneeer.
>>
>>94211345
I think that's a misdirect, I don't think he usually has two clues point to the same card.
>>
>>94211346
Not Magic the Gathering.
>>
>>94211356
I remember it's happened a couple times before, but yeah there's no reason it can't be two different cards.
>>
>>94211303
>Creature – Eldrazi
eldrazi chads keep getting new cards damn
>>
>>94211365
True. And "Hare Apparent" is very probably the Rabbit Noble, but who knows.
>>
>>94211357
Does your mom know the difference?
>>
>>94211347
It's going to be Davriel.
>>
>>94211303
>• Two monocolor reprints, each of a different color, that together win you the game.
So what'll these be? The joke answer is Thoracle/Consultation but no way is Standard getting those. Felidar Guardian and some other thing?
>>
>>94211230
>fuck capitalism
>consoomes
kek
>>
>>94211389
He specified "online Magic stories", and Davriel's story isn't webfiction. It's just a novella. Alesha seems the absolutely likeliest just for how widely-shared Truth of Names was, but Feldon's got a shot to me. Could be some Ixalan character too but I doubt it'll be Malcolm and Breeches... Could get an Angrath, though, who knows.
>>
>>94211392
Splinter twin and pestermite
>>
>>94211403
>Standard will have Splinter Twin but Modern won't
That WOULD be hilarious.
>>
>>94211403
LETS GO, TWIN BROS WE ARE SO BACK
>>
>>94211240
I already read Children of Hurin as it was intended to be written in the Silmarillion. That's the whole fucking point.
>>94211296
Why would I want to read the nihilistic babble of yet another schizo Jew?
>>
>>94211402
it's alesha 100% and I have a good inkling why
>>
commanderbros we can't stop winning
>>
>>94211413
>the Silmarillion
oh yeah that other tolkien book that wasn't edited by his son lol
>>
>>94211420
Because that story was the most popular?
>>
>>94211392
demonic pact + harmless offering, it's slow and clunky enough to be put in standard without any major impact, the hint doesn't specify that you instantly win the game either, so I'm a bit skeptical of Twin-like combinations
>>
>>94211440
that's just code for the real reason. can't really say it out loud tho or I'll get banned again
>>
>>94211439
I don't think he did much work at all. Never trust what people say.
>>
>>94211461
now i can't trust you anon
>>
>>94211473
Good, as you should.
>>
>>94211323
It really would. Both siblings promptly kill themselves as soon as they find out, GGRM has never written anything that dark.
>>
>>94211535
there's child rape and murder in asoaif dude
>>
>>94209554
I mean yeah, who cares? If he corrupts a bunch of planeswalkers and does some grand ritual to free himself from the house so he can go terrorize the planes, he's gonna slip on a banana peel into a vat of piranhas and nobody will ever speak of it again.
Who is getting invested in any potential MtG villain when they've ended up turning into the same joke every time?
>>
>>94211555
Still not as dark as what Glaurung did to Turin and Niniel. GRRM's work has the small mercy of being restricted to real-world evils, it doesn't have spite-incarnate dragons that mindrape your sister or fate-bending curses that trick you into marrying her (or, more specifically, rescuing her and coming close to her without understanding that she's your sister and then saying that you'll go to war unless she marries you and then she marries you and then you go to war anyway because the fate-bending curse dictates that you will be a betrayer).
>>
>>94211582
real world evils are more disturbing to people who live in the real world though
>>
>>94211560
I'm reasonably sure Valgavoth isn't being set up as the next big threat. He's just being set up to be knocked down to establish the real antagonist. He's too 'basic' to be the real threat.
>>
>>94211623
Eh. I'd still rather be Jaime or Catelyn than be Turin. Most of Tolkien's mythos is less dark than ASoIaF, but when Tolkien wants to be dark he doesn't fuck around.
>>
>>94211643
Not that Anon, but I agree. Besides feeding him from the house would be stupid, being a giant house is one of the best things about him.
Without the house he'd just be an even more generic evil demon.
>>
>>94211303
>A creature with seven evergreen keywords
I'm back, bitches
>>
>>94211762
>stupid idea that makes him into an even more generic threat
So perfectly in line with WotC's story standards?
>>
>>94211762
>>94211772
It's just a moth.
>>
>>94211812
He's also a house.
>>
>>94211303
• 40+ Legendary Creatures for Commander, that leave no room anything else
• Untested in 60 card formats commander cards
• Ugly/fat/Covered from head to toe women
• Hot men without a shirt
>>
>>94211941
a successful moth
>>
>>94212041
The goal of all moths is becoming a house.
>>
>>94212086
caterpillar -> moth -> house
caterpillar -> butterfly -> ????
>>
>>94212027
you forgot
• simic draw card put land into play
• do thing, do thing again
• doubling effect
• old effect with set gimmick/powercrept
>>
File: 1698974409678417.png (468 KB, 801x790)
468 KB
468 KB PNG
>>94212160
Two houses
>>
File: dom-237-weatherlight.jpg (150 KB, 672x936)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>94212160
a vehicle
>>
File: Spoiler Image (67 KB, 1000x712)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>94212160
caterpillar -> butterfly -> Knight
All butterflies dream of becoming a knight one day.
>>
>>94211402
It's a shame we'll never get a good Davriel in paper, I was hoping we would get one when I saw New Capenna since I assumed that was his home plane for some reason, and only became more convinced that it was his home when I learned about the ancient war that happened there.
>>
File: Butterfly_Choji.png (321 KB, 640x361)
321 KB
321 KB PNG
>>94212160
Ninja
>>
File: GaWIqhLWcAEiEgN.jpg (317 KB, 1424x800)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
The absolute state of memeden
>>
>>94212310
>only 4 cards that are not from MH
>>
>>94212376
i count 7 on mainboard not counting lands
>>
>>94212404
Supreme, Snare, Teferi, Layline?
ToR is also a MH card.
>>
>>94211303
Will zombies be viable again some day in Pioneer? What the fuck should happen for making one of the most popular tribals good like Humans or Merfolks?
>>
>>94212497
zombies is viable right now, you can build pretty much any type of black-based deck and have a reasonable amount of success on the back of thoughtseize and fatal push, it just isn't very interesting to play
>>
>>94205363
thats not how poker works...
>>
>>94211762
There's a non-zero chance we see "Valgavoth" show up but it's actually a Jace illusion/Jace mind-puppeting him, but I honestly doubt we'll see much of him. Him having Loot will be resolved off-screen and then we'll get an explanation of it with some later-on story with Return to Tarkir or some such.
>>
>>94212576
Compared to play with Slasher+Demons? Everything in black not playing that alongside the cards you point seems sub-optimal by miles right now in black.
>>
File: uq1fatumc5wd1.png (264 KB, 320x441)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
3 of the 5 Foundations Planeswalkers were revealed (all reprints, I presume the Chandra and Kaito will be new then).
>>
>>94212629
there is a difference between "viable" and "optimal"
the first one is about having a deck that can actually win games of magic without relying on your opponent doing nothing for most of the game
the second one is about choosing the best cards possible regardless of theme/price and other non-gameplay restrictions

zombies is a viable deck, it's not an optimal deck
>>
File: m46ienumc5wd1.png (234 KB, 320x440)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
>>94212761
>>
File: vy3f5qumc5wd1.png (258 KB, 320x441)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>94212776
>>
>>94212776
Why is art direction so hellbent on making every card look just awful?
>>
>>94212761
>>94212776
>>94212780
Shit.
>>
>>94212780
>creatures with flying
WTF does Viven have against birds.
>>
>>94212761
Lame, the least played Ajani. If they had chosen the 4 mana one (that has a worship emblem)(and a up loyalty plus ability) it would have been better. Not that this one can't be played but would be hard specially with double white.
>>94212776
That is a good walker to reprint and have in standard. A card that I can see being played in FIRE hell.
>>94212780
Another shit reprint. It is even worse than Ajani as at least Ajani can be played in winning strategies while Vivien is just a commander card (if we are being honest), her abilities are way too underpowered in comparison to FIRE bullshit.
>>
>>94212776
One of my favorites.
>>
>>94212827

Vivien is a limited bomb
>>
>>94212827
I'm honestly surprised Vivien isn't getting a new card but Chandra (presumably) is. Like Chandra needed her 20th card but Vivien couldn't have her... Wait, how the fuck has she had 7 cards. I guess a couple were Planeswalker deck ones but still.
>>
>>94212761
>+1 trigger valiant
>-3 turn your pumped creature into a kill
this might actually see standard play
>>
>Long slog of a game against jund sacrifice
>Opponent gets the cat combo
>But I had wish'd a Gideon of the Trials out earlier
>He both drains me to 0 life and empties my library
>But I'm still alive (tee hee)
>Cleanse all their gay shit with a Farewell I wished for earlier in the match.
>Next turn, play and bounce an Adventure'd Fae of Wishes, wish for an Elixir of Immortality
>Oops my entire library is back

Wish Control is FOOKIN' FUN BRUV HO-LY
>>
>>94212776
Interesting they changed the wording on Liliana's -4 here ("of their choice" was added). Wonder if that's just for Foundations for clarity's sake for newer players.
>>
>>94212780
>0361
>>
>>94212780
>Not even the actually playable Vivien
As much as I have a sweet spot for this based walking atrocity of animal rights abuses, this sucks ass.
>>
>>94212929
Seems to mostly just be numbering for reprints is separated in Foundations.
>>
>>94212780
I have a soft spot for this one bc it was the top end I used for the explore package back in Ixalan, but there's no way she'll be good enough for today's meta.
>>
With more testing I am starting to think every AZC list should be playing at least 1 of these fuckers.

It's sadly less versatile than March/Lost, but I think it fills a very valuable role for the deck, being both a problem solver and a large threat.

I suspect people aren't playing it because of the "feel bads" of them just getting the same thing again. But, who cares, it's a tuck unlike Brazen Borrower, so it's still a card-for-card trade and a tempo stall for them.
>>
>>94212860
Most likely. If it's designed to be an easy entry point I could easily see new players confusing sacrificing and destroying.
>>
>>94212929
>>94212960
It's because of borderlessness.
>>
>>94213014

Tempo just isn't well positioned right now
>>
>>94213084
Yes, it's also card advantage.
>>
>>94213084
Is that oculus deck not tempo? It's doing pretty well.
>>
>>94213084
... he's talking about a control deck anon.
>>
I opened arena for the first time in a while to crack packs from prerelease codes and got this
How is this not a direct upgrade to the original tarmogoyf? Exact same effect for B instead of 1G and it has built in recursion too.
>>
File: tsr-235-tarmogoyf.jpg (159 KB, 672x936)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>94213254
That one only counts your own yard.
>>
>>94213254
>Exact same effect
almost
nethergoyf only cares about your graveyard
tarmogoyf cares about all graveyards
>>
>>94213257
>>94213262
Oooh right
>>
We are still living in the aftermath of butthole mana being introduced just to facilitate one shitty set.
>>
>>94213302
the number '1' in a circle is pretty confusing to some people apparently
>>
>>94213394
'7' in a circle though though
god forbid

But... {C}{C}{C}{C}{C}{C}{C}?
That's where it's at.
>>
>>94213394
Sorry chud, being able to spend green mana on your colorless spells is a heckin color pie break
>>
>>94213412
i guarantee you that every anus spell there is, that green has their own version that is probably better and cheaper.
>>
>>94213601
>>94213601
>>94213601
>>
>>94213005
My brother

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.