[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1729535947719410.png (243 KB, 320x441)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
ajani edition

>Bans
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/announcements/august-26-2024-banned-and-restricted-announcement

>News
The 2025 MagicCon and Pro Tour Schedule:
https://www.magic.gg/news/the-2025-magiccon-and-pro-tour-schedule

Metagame Mentor: The Scariest Standard Strategies in Duskmourn:
https://www.magic.gg/news/metagame-mentor-the-scariest-standard-strategies-in-duskmourn

>Spoilers
http://www.magicspoiler.com/
https://mythicspoiler.com/

CONSTRUCTED RESOURCES
>Current meta, complete with deck lists
https://www.mtgtop8.com/
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/
>Build and share casual decks
https://deckstats.net/
https://tappedout.net/

CUBE RESOURCES
>Build and share Cubes
https://cubecobra.com/landing

CARD RESOURCES
>Search engines
https://scryfall.com/
https://mtg.wtf/
>Proxy a deck or a cube for cheap
https://www.makeplayingcards.com/
https://pastebin.com/9Xj1xLdM
>Play online for free
https://untap.in/
https://dr4ft.info/

>What is EDH?
https://vocaroo.com/1ihc21gJLBh1

>Previously:
>>94203879

>tq
post your favorite mtg character
>>
>>94213403
>>94213302
I like mana pips and butthole mana gives more mana pips.
Now they just need to undo that shitty change where they write out "Seven R" or something.
>>94213601
Tyvar probably, he's always had good writing and is a pretty good PW.
>>
File: Kaito your friend.png (303 KB, 399x579)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
Bow down.
No PW specially the new-old Foundations fuckers can compare to him.
>>
>tq
Probably Squee. His last story was great.
>>
>>94213601
I just think she's neat.
>>
File: duskmourn.jpg (276 KB, 1920x1080)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>94213601
despite what everyone here say about him and the set, he is awesome and the set bonkers.
>>
>>94213644
The setting and story of the plane actually aren't too bad. They're ok, but not great.
The flavor stuff on the cards though, that's horrendously bad.
>>
File: 0f8.png (352 KB, 680x486)
352 KB
352 KB PNG
>>94213644
I agree.
>Awesome
He took over an entire plane, but can only awe some people
>Bonkers
The set is literally a clown world where they bonk people for laughs
>>
File: sittin.png (592 KB, 800x450)
592 KB
592 KB PNG
>>94213644
>>94213648
>>94213672
>Shills trying hard.
lmao

The set fucking sucks ass.
>>
>>94213691
Shill doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
>>94213702
>Having been called out, the shill attempts to gaslight.
How predictable.
>>
>>94213710
Read a book nigger.
>>
File: 1716157999173610.jpg (26 KB, 400x400)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>94213691
What about >>94213672 makes it sound like a shill post? I called the big bad unimpressive and the plane a clown world.
>>
File: Wrenn_and_Seven_variant.png (1.83 MB, 1000x1361)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB PNG
>>94213601
Wrenn would be my favriote character is she was an old man instead of a Dryad with silver hair.
>>
File: 1727712972937650.png (409 KB, 780x691)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
Unban Mana Crypt
>>
File: 69c-2608515950.png (98 KB, 746x508)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
Unban Crana Mypt
>>
>>94213734
>>94213724
As if mana crypt would somehow fix modern.
>>
>>94213724
>lets make Eldrazi even stronger
honestly? based
>>
>TQ
my first walker and still my favorite.
>>
>>94213691
>The story's ok but the card flavor is shit
please learn what english words mean pablo
>>
>Not a single BOLAS post
Honestly you all are gay people.
>>
>>94213813
>t. Gay Bolas
>>
so i was just getting into magic. it seems like to get older seasons you will have to pay a premium to someone who has extra left over correct? Like something from years ago? Am i understanding it correctly?
>>
>>94213833
>so i was just getting into magic
Don't.
Leave.
Game sucks.
>>
>>94213813
gay bolas hands typed this post
>>
File: 1661966916317806.jpg (166 KB, 1280x960)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>94213717
He's one of those people who can't stand less than 100% conformity to his opinions.
>>
>>94213833

We have sets not seasons. The secondary market is robust and competitive and most people use some website or other to buy individual cards (singles) that they want to own. Sealed product is essentially never worth buying but yes if you want a box of urza's legacy packs you're going to get bent over a barrel
>>
>>94213864
thanks.
>>94213837
i mean isnt that every game these days?
>>
On MTGO can you redeem old sets like Rav1 for physical cards, or does set redemption cycle out eventually?
>>
>>94213889
>On MTGO can you redeem old sets like Rav1 for physical cards
nope
>or does set redemption cycle out eventually?
yep

you can read more here: https://www.mtgo.com/en/mtgo/redemption
>>
>>94213724
Ban Sol Ring, Kill Commander.
>>
>>94213601
>Ajani is 1,50
>vivien is less than 50 cent on cardmarket
>this will sell our set
Are they even trying or whats the plan here?
>>
>>94214120
>Literally every reprint put into a set is only put in for value
Come on, man.
>>
• The five iconic creatures each show up on multiple cards

• Two monocolor reprints, each of a different color, that together win you the game.

• Some creature tokens in this set: 1/1 white Rabbit, 2/1 blue Ninja, 3/3 Green Raccoon, 4/4 red Dragon, and a copy that’s a Nightmare

• A character from one of our most popular online Magic stories returns

• An 8/12 creature with ward 4

• A creature with seven evergreen keywords

• A Magic Invitational winner’s card gets reprinted (and no, not the most powerful one)

• Counters in the set: +1/+1, bait, fellowship, incubation, loyalty, revival, soul, stash, and stun

• A card that’s in the top 10 cards I sign gets reprinted

• More deciduous mechanics get used in this set than any previous (non-Time Spiral block) premier set

Next, here are some rules text that will be showing up on cards:

• “This spell costs {1} less to cast for each Cat you control.”

• “You can’t lose the game and your opponents can’t win the game.”

• “target instant or sorcery card in your graveyard gains flashback until end of turn.”

• “Creatures you control get +10/+10”

• “A deck can have any number of cards named”

• “Then exile all other Nightmare tokens you control.”

• “Whenever you draw your second card each turn, create a token that’s a copy of this creature.”

• “Double the number of each kind of counter”

• “You may pay {B} rather than pay this spell’s mana cost if there are thirteen or more creatures on the battlefield.”

• “Draw a card for each different mana value among nonland permanents you control.”

• Creature – Rabbit Noble

• Creature – Demon Warlock

• Creature – Shark Pirate

• Creature – Eldrazi

• Creature – Hyena Rogue

• Creature – Spider Spirit

• Creature – Elemental Hydra

• Creature – Bear Demon

• Artifact Creature – Phyrexian Construct

• Legendary Creature – Zombie Warlock
>>
File: 1706631823103673.jpg (674 KB, 1600x1600)
674 KB
674 KB JPG
Playing EDH for a month has only taught me the full extent of just how retarded the average EDH player is.
>>
>>94214150
>Play EDH
>EDH players are retarded
Sounds like a self report
>>
File: 1698256118350014.jpg (308 KB, 938x1341)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>94213601
TQ
>Tried to kill all planeswalkers, thus undoing the design mistake that was the planeswalker permanent type
>Made Jace completely job
>Successfully took over an entire plane
>Established dragon supremacy in Ravnica by making Niv into the living guildpact
>Pointed out how Kaya was a horribly-written character and did this by just letting her go unchecked until she imploded on herself
>Got what he wanted in the end
>>
>>94214135
I know it's a fakeout and won't happen, but I really want Snapcaster Mage for Pioneer.
>>
File: 91M8tQChw9L.jpg (687 KB, 2235x2218)
687 KB
687 KB JPG
>>94214195
>Established dragon supremacy in Ravnica by making Niv into the living guildpact
Dragon supremacy isn't a good thing, anon.
>>
>>94214135
I was really hoping that they wouldn't have the current "irreverent" tone that they are currently overdoing in every set for Foundations, but here we are.

>Shark Pirate
>Bear Demon
>"Hare Apparent"
>>
>>94214135
>Two monocolor reprints, each of a different color, that together win you the game.
What combo is this? There aren't a lot of two card combos that just win outright, let alone mono color.
>>
File: me1-131-spectral-bears.jpg (173 KB, 672x936)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>94214343
Literally nothing wrong with bear demon, especially given the common folklore that they're fucked up spirits.
>>
>>94214135
>The five iconic creatures
Angels
Sphinxes
Demons
Dragons
Hydras
?
>>
>>94214150
>playing at the tier 1 table
shiggy
>>
>>94214425
Yeah.
>>
>>94214181
I mean I'll accept it but it really is just baffling. These people legitimately do not understand shit like why Library of Alexandria is banned.
>>
>>94214307
Redemption arc in Return to Tarkir where they return to wedges but still have dragons.
Jeskai Ojutai.
>>
>>94214358
demonic pact + harmless offering is my guess, both have yet to be reprinted
>>
>>94214425
Clowns.
>>
>>94214455
How did that topic even come up in a game of commander? Also, Library isn't as good as it used to be. It could probably get unbanned without issue.
>>
>>94214602
They'll sleep when someone draws 20 off Ad Naus resolving but you try to win and apparently your 20-drop is the problem.
>>
File: 1729388499593657.jpg (25 KB, 208x208)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>94214135

>Creature – Eldrazi

What. I though all the titans were dead or gone, so there should be no more drones/processors etc.
>>
>>94213601
>TQ
For me, it's Wolverine.
>>
>>94213833
If you want to play in paper I'd suggest getting proxies ('fake' cards) for like a dollar instead of paying whatever absurd price people are charging
>>
>>94214989
Core sets don't have to be set during any time or place.
Why do you think we got new eldrazi in mh3?
That being said "killing" the eldrazi was one of the stupidest things they ever did.
>>
>click on youtuber's twitter account to see a decklist
>wall of american politics
>close the tab without scrolling
>>
File: 21.jpg (985 KB, 1853x1576)
985 KB
985 KB JPG
Think I found the most degen version of this deck. Really hope people don't catch on that counterspells aren't good to maindeck because this has to be so malding to play against for my opponents.
>>
>>94215071
I don't know why WotC felt they needed to kill off all their iconic villains in such a short time frame. Eldrazi, Bolas, and the Phrexians were all just kill off because we needed to be the avengers or something, so now we have a setting that really doesn't have anything that evil other than some moth house thing.
>>
>>94215170
bolas is out of jail within a few months most likely and the phyrexians will be back before 2030
maro's a dumb fuck who doesn't know why people liked ROE and denied people even liked it, which is why we ended up with BFZ
>>
>>94214150
a quick glance at /edhg/ could have taught you that
>>
>>94215170
The Eldrazi didn't get killed. All Chandra did was trim their toenails by killing the physical avatars. They can make new ones anywhere at any time.
>>
>>94215256
Last time I looked at edh some guy complaining about milling said that a 300 card deck would be better than 30 cards in constructed lol
nta
>>
>>94215170
need to make room for tie-in villains from other IPs
>>
>>94215449
Literally the whole point of that was that Chandra didn't just kill their avatars. The actual main Eldrazi bodies were dragged into Zendikar and burned to death. Ulamog and Kozilek are dead.
>>
Someone tell him about Ulakek.
>>
>>94215059
i wasnt going to pay premium for older stuff. just mainly wanted to be sure thats the only way to get them.
>>
File: 1709787618691462.gif (2.89 MB, 369x270)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB GIF
>>94215523
Weren't the main bodies supposed to be non-euclidean entities that are hundreds of times the size of a normal plane and use powers that defy our understanding of mana? I was under the impression that the physical bodies were akin to the venom a spider uses to soften an insect. How hard did they nerf Eldrazi and when did it happen?
>>
>>94214135
>“You can’t lose the game and your opponents can’t win the game.”
Please god just be Platinum Angel and not some new bullshit. I wanna play my girl again
>>
>>94214702
Rhystic study is a bad card, even in commander, but commander players are so fucking retarded they don't know they need to play around it and that has skyrocketed its value.

Their tiny primate brains can't wrap their heads around anything that isn't board state and they always get blind sided then complain when they don't play interaction. Rule 0 coddled them and rather than adapt they just complain until the guy playing the game as intended switches off or just lets them make new rat for 20+ turns and they can invest an epic scenario in their brains about how awesome that 3 hour game was because of how quirky and cool their decks are...

I lost my train of thought for a moment and blacked out there... TLDR EDH is where this game will be buried.
>>
>>94215548
Is there even anything to tell
>>
>>94215637
Yes, Ulamog and Kozilek's bodies were just a projection from their actual bodies in the Blind Eternities. The sequence was
>Ula and Kozi feed on Zendikar
>Jace uses the seals Ugin designed to instead physically drag their real bodies into the plane
>Zendikar itself starts falling apart as Ulamog and Kozilek are so large they replace the earth and sky
>Chandra sets all of the plane's mana on fire while Ula and Kozi are eating it, destroying them
Ugin and Wizards themselves confirmed this actually killed them, which is part of why Emrakul was freaking out.
>>
>>94215637
The same reason how a Phyrexian invasion across a million planes isn't the end of the setting as the blood from their broken bodies corrupts those planes from the inside out regardless of how well the invasion went.

They write themselves into a hole and just retconn to return to the status quo.

They needed to grow a pair and actually start killing the gatewatch to make people believe they actually should be invested in the story.
>>
File: image.jpg (17).png (2.55 MB, 1500x2092)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB PNG
>>94215658
How about some new bullshit version of Platinum Angel?
>>
>>94213644
Is the set actually good if the only real cool thing is the moth himself?
As some who grew up on Buffy and likes 80 horror all the human stuff sucks ass
>>
File: file.png (2.86 MB, 1334x936)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB PNG
>>94215637
>How hard did they nerf Eldrazi and when did it happen?
Horribly and BFZ, as I said earlier.
BFZ/OGW is arguably the worst set story ever made because it made up bullshit to kill the eldrazi and created the Jacetice League.
It's rightfully remembered as the worst set wotc has ever made, Zendikar Rising was "Please god just forget BFZ", and with all the new cards in mh3 you can at least assume it's been soft-retconned, since even back during BFZ Ugin said "Dude what the fuck I said not to do this this will probably go badly!" and Jace just said "SHUT UP YOU NERD GRANDPA WE'RE THE HIP NUWALKRS".
I know mh3 isn't exactly canon since serra sure as fuck isn't kicking around but they are at least aware of how much of a tremendous fuck up it was.
>>
>>94215730

>board of directors, fellow hasbro enthusiasts; hear me out. Platinum angel, BUT in BURQA!
>*thunderous applause fill the stadium"
>>
File: Such Story Very Wow.jpg (436 KB, 1080x1611)
436 KB
436 KB JPG
>>94215637
>>94215681
>>94215723
One day there will be a management shift at WotC and we'll be allowed to have good writing again
>>
>>94215769
Mom was absurdly retarded but didn't they pull the same wifi bullshit back during weatherlight? At least for why the oil stopped working.
I'd say Phyrexians>Eldrazi>Bolas in who jobbed harder
>>
>>94215769
The connecting thread here seems to be that they need to stop writing themselves into a corner by making unbeatable villains that still need to be beaten.
>>
>>94215828
The most obvious retcon that I'm not sure why they didn't go with is making it so glistening oil is only as effective as it is against creatures that are metallic in some way.
So against Mirrodin, a few drops was basically a super-weapon. And the same would probably apply to Neo-Kamigawa or Esper where there's a fuckton of cyborgs. But everywhere else it'd just work the same as in Dominaria, where it's basically just Phyrexian blood with some corruptive effects in very large quantities. For the phyrexians to compleat people, they'd need to perform some pretty invasive surgery.
Then instead of wi-fi oil, they only need to explain a much narrower handful of artifact-heavy planes, at least in terms of the aftermath.

That at least would solve one of MOM's writing contrivances. It'd still leave the question of why the Phyrexians wouldn't then secretly infiltrate high-tech planes with oil in order to bolster their forces first, but that plot hole already exists no matter what really.
>>
>mull to 1 card in standard
>win on turn 4

lmao
tamiyo's combo is silly
>>
>>94215918
I think you can answer that by saying that Norn's is a white Phyrexia as opposed to a black one. Black is a color of quiet ambition and calculated sacrifice, but white is a color of zealotry and enforced order. She felt she had the advantage and sought to press it before one of the other praetors could undermine her or the momentum was lost. She was hasty because she couldn't imagine a scenario where Phyrexia was imperfect.
>>
>>94215769
ok but slivers
>>
Honestly why did Norn just hand over Tezzeret's body? It was kinda weird, she didn't even betray him or anything, that was Jin being stupid. She literally paid him what she promised and kept to the terms of the deal even though she could have easily not done that or just beat down Tez and compleated him while he was incapacitated. That's what I don't get about her.
>>
>>94215918
I don't get why people hate the wifi oil thing so much, I think it makes sense in universe. It's just technology, even in real life there are things that more "advanced" but introduce their own drawbacks. Oil 1.0 was mostly effective against metallic beings, they upgraded to Oil 2.0 which became more infectious but required a connection. Yes, that's obviously a huge drawback but it also enables them to rapidly compleat everybody, which is their entire fucking goal. Norn wasn't merely content with conquering planes, she wanted to unite everyone as a phyrexian. This was stated from the get go. Of course she would want to go with the option that makes the oil extremely virulent. Even the downside of requiring a connection to her makes sense, she would love being at the center of everything and have everyone depend on her.

All that being said, the other aspects of the story were shit and I agree they could've been done better.
>>
>>94216083
She had no reason to not pay Tezzeret. Like, it's not too much of a reach for Elesh to think that Tezzeret is useful for now and that they can probably compleat him later after they've conquered more the multiverse and he has less places to run to. it's not like she has any reason to assume he's going to suddenly grow morals right now after helping them kill and/or compleat millions of people.
Tezzeret proved throughly that he has no principles and will work with whoever can supply him with what he wants. If she thought Phyrexia had the capacity to keep supplying Tezzeret with what he wanted at the moment she would naturally assume "yeah he's not going to run now of all times lmao," and I think that she'd be right. If Phyrexia could pay more Tezzeret would ignore what little shreds of guilt fizzled around in his burnt and shriveled heart and kept helping the Phyrexians (at least until the tide turned).
>>
>>94215974
Ashiok literally showed up in Elesh Norn's sanctum unnoticed and made her have a nightmare about her being unable to compleat something.
The fact that Elesh Norn was worried about planeswalkers and even Elspeth in particular is recognition enough that they realize they have limitations. Hell, Vorinclex is all about evolution, and Jin wants to reach perfection via Great Synthesis. Two of her main 'allies' believe there's room for improvement.

But more than that, trying to start a war on hundreds of different fronts simultaneously isn't orderly.
I would agree that Elesh Norn is probably too prideful to simply throw a few mites in a sewer and hope for the best. But is she too prideful to try preaching first? At least a few people would probably be receptive to joining an alien religion in exchange for cybernetic implants, and from there you have a foothold.
>>
>>94215828
It's hilarious that Bloomburrow did the same thing with Maha but didn't manage to shit it's pants. Beating Maha was never on the table, but unlike the Eldrazi and the Phyrexians she can be reasoned with so the heroes have a defined goal in getting her egg back for her before anymore people dies.
Compared to the Eldrazi, Bolas, and Phyrexians where the plan is ??? win?
>>
what even is Valgavoth's endgame here
>>
>>94216135
Bloomburrow's story worked because it was a note-for-note copy of OG Kamigawa's story, which is a classic "man fucks with the gods and learns why they are gods" tale that's older than books
>>
>>94216144
he just hungy
>>
>>94216144
laugh and grow fat
>>
>>94216155
Yes, I agree. Somehow Magic writers keep doing worse than that.
>>
>>94216144
probably "keep eating fear" forever. it's a demon, those things are delightfully simple. Rakdos never stops to think "what if I get bored of violence one day?" he fucking won't. Valgavoth wants to eat and it will seek to eat to gain the power to eat even more. That is the extent of it and it doesn't care.
>>
File: Black Girl Magic.jpg (557 KB, 1080x912)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
>>94216067
Mark promised that we're going to the "sliver homeworld" sometime in the next few years. I'm sure they'll be an unstoppable multiverse threat that is easily dealt with by some newly invented macguffin that Zimone invents in her spare time.
>>
>>94216094
It's not a matter of it being too advanced. The glistening oil is already basically nanobots.

Also, the wi-fi oil isn't oil 2.0. It's oil 2.1. Jin already made the oil more infectious. But then Elesh Norn somehow modified it under his chin even further to be fully reliant on her, where all of their troops would shut down she died.
It isn't a trade off, it's just a self-destruct button that Norn put on her army so that if anything happened to her, her goal of uniting everyone as phyrexian would never occur.
Especially when we're told over and over again that the praetors are on the verge of infighting, meaning that Jin not only allowed the upgrade to oil 2.1, but didn't put in any sort of failsafe so that he could take over if Norn died.

And even if it can be justified in-universe, it simply feels very contrived. The writers upgraded the oil to make it extra-dangerous, and then gave it a Saturday morning cartoon villain tier weakness to ensure they didn't actually have to address any of that danger.
The summary for how the Phyrexians lost to be 'they lost wi-fi connection' because that makes the Phyrexians sound like retards.
>>
>>94216135
>>94216171
I think the bigger issue isn't necessarily that Bolas or the Eldrazi can't be "beaten" but it's so unclear what that entails because it's not clear what their goals are. Every one of Bolas' setbacks is revealed to be another layer of the master plan, the Eldrazi got retconned every time they showed up (then Emmy wasn't mentioned during the 'wow Innistrad's moon is fucked' set???); there's no motivation of what they want beyond vague notions of power or control with nothing deeper of what they'd DO with it. I get that's standard saturday morning cartoon villainy and that's fine in small doses like Ob Nixilus or whatever, but to carry a story the villain needs to have a reason they're being proactive so that the hero's reaction has stakes and context.
>>
>>94215918
The oil actually did only work on metallic and artificial beings on Mirrodin, but Jin the Chin went to Neo-Kamigawa and made a new batch of oil that could infect flesh-and-blood creatures by studying the Reality Chip. Obviously, this was a retarded and unnecessary change that lead to all of the plot contrivances of March of the Machine.
>>
>>94216184
>that makes the Phyrexians sound like retards
That's because they were. The nuPhyrexians are children attempting to play grown up with the remnants left behind by the adults. They let themselves become corrupted by the suns of Mirrodin, they let themselves become divided in ideological differences and infighting, they let themselves become arrogant when they received the perfect plane to grow on. Urabrask was not the traitorous praetor, they all were. Return to Yawg.
>>
>>94216235
Let's not pretend Yawgmoth was ever anything but a screaming, flailing retard.
>>
File: 8122113208_1b858b335d.jpg (38 KB, 500x333)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>94216172
He's certainly not acting like that's his goal. If he has magic that's capable of altering memories on a planar scale, why is he making people more comfortable by making them think they've always lived in the house instead of making them forget the details about places they've been? Why is he sending dorky clowns to make a circus with spiky roller coasters instead of sending shapeshifters to fill the safe zones with paranoia? Why is he dropping new people straight into the main house instead of holding them in containment until his memory magic has extracted what they know and primed them to be afraid? Val is a perfect example of a character only being as smart as his writer.
>>
>>94216262
Valgavoth understands he needs to be a source of stupid ass references and behaves accordingly. His endgoal is to tank the set so he can feed on the fear of execs thinking MtG is going to die and their stock will colllapse.
>>
>>94216262
Valgavoth could probably have worked much better in a trippy psychological horror-themed set instead of a cheesy horror movie one, to be honest. They could have went all-in with the fears and overlords and made them the defining feature while dropping the stupid ass survivor uniforms.
>>
>>94216250
He killed the Thran and made his creations into a multiversal threat. He had even won Urza over to his side by showing him how cool his toys were. Seems pretty successful to me.
>>
>>94216219
Yeah, that's kinda what I'm getting to. In Bloomburrow the heroes have defined and straightforward ways of dealing with the threats. Return Maha's egg, to do that they need to find Cruel Claw, and when they find him he's working for Glarp so they beat both up and return Maha's egg.
Like you say every loss Bolas has is somehow part of his plans, the Eldrazi kept getting retconned, and in both cases we aren't given a clear case of victory that's straightforward so everything comes out of the story's/writer's ass. I think the Eldrazi and Bolas would've been fine if we were given a believable way for the heroes to defeat or at least deal with them, they also aren't too similar in flavor.
Nicol Bolas is a schemer while the Eldrazi are eldritch horrors/forces of nature.
>>
>>94216135
>Maha
And that's why Bloomburrow was so fun. Tight and concise story line, with fun world and characters.
>>
>>94216184
I don't recall all the details about Jin vs Norn, but even that seems to fit fine with how they were already at each other's throats. Whether it's Norn's backdoor as a final fuck you, or Jin was forced to do it at her command, that just supports how fragmented they were. Maybe Jin could've gotten around it given a few more weeks, maybe he planned to use it as a stepping stone to control Norn, maybe it was something else. Yes it's a bit contrived, I agree they could've done the writing better. The concept itself is fine though, there's plenty of stories where the bad guy has some secret weakness of their own making that the heroes exploit. Whether it's the one ring, or the death star vent, or horcruxes, it's a pretty common theme.
>>
Who's going to be the new villain? Jace? Tez?
>>
>>94216359
Kang the Conqueror
>>
>>94216250
That screaming, flailing retard achieved more than the upstarts ever did. They even tried to make Jace do what Urza did with the whole surrendering thing, except that Urza was far more powerful and Jace had to be compleated to do so.
>>
>>94216177
Did he? When? I've been waiting for them to go and try to make them a thing for a while.
>>
>>94216321
>if we were given a believable way for the heroes to defeat or at least deal with them, they also aren't too similar in flavor.
WOW IT'S ALMOST LIKE THE ENTIRE CONCEPT OF THE PLANE WAS TO FUCKING TRAP THEM INSTEAD OF BEING ABLE TO KILL THEM
>>
>>94216377
>sit down
>puncture lung
worth it for the aesthetic of that sick belt
>>
>>94216359
Haven't people been clamoring for Jace's villain arc for quite some time now?
>>
>>94216359
pokemon
>>
>>94216250
Reminder that Yawgmoth simped so hard over this woman that the last thing he saw as he died was her as the spirit of Dominaria itself (she wasn't, at all, he's just crazy).
>>
>>94216404
he also saw the Weatherlight as her when it was all shining white. Is it just in the destiny of Phyrexian leaders to seethe and cope about a monowhite woman?
>>
>>94216359
We'll get a series of supplantings. Valgavoth will job to Jace (mind magic worked on the Nightmares so Val's probably got no special resistance to mind fuckery and Jace might get a MacGuffin power up somewhere). Jace and Vraska's big plan will be about to kick off but they'll be convinced away from it, only for Tezzeret to reveal himself, swoop in, grab the Plot Item and Do The Thing while screaming that it's his turn now.
>>
>>94216144
He wants to fuck Marina but he's being a titanic autist about it
>>
>>94216416
And then, I dunno, Tezzeret's fuckery causes the Fomori to re-appear and be a problem that is dealt with promptly and somehow Tezz slinks away again.
>>
>>94216296
nth for the entire survivors theme was some kind of ghostbusters / stranger things product that got a ton of artwork done but fell through so they jammed it into duskmourn not to waste anything, easily the biggest flavor flop of the last few years to have the corporate fed zoomer version of the 80's jammed into the middle of a plane wide demon house
>>
>>94216400
volgavolgatoth has him in custody, so probably not
>>
>>94213813
Bolas means balls in portuguese
>>
>>94216416
>and Jace might get a MacGuffin power up somewhere).
jace got a mcguffin power up back in ixalan and they did fuck and all with it and just jerked off for a few years
>>
>>94216389
If only the Gatewatch weren't retarded and actually trapped them...
It's WIzard's fault kek.
>>
>>94216447
You don't understand, Loot is about to Just As Planed the whole setting
>>
Do you think they're going to actually do anything good in return to tarkir (narratively I mean).
All the sequel hooks they had in DTK just make me think they're gonna make the plane even worse.
>>
>>94216447
>Volgavolgatoth has him in custody, so probably not
If Volgaggorothtoth has Loot in child custody does that mean he's married to Jace? Is this how Maha was born, she's a Jace Vagorvoth love child? Does this explain Coffey the rat? Who was the lizard Jace was traveling with, I sure hope is wasn't Sarkhan.
Still waiting for Jace's terrible pull out game to play into the story, beyond Vraska wanting to mom the pokemon of course.

>>94216400
Honestly he'd look fine without the ugly mohawk.
>>
>>94216480
What I hope for and what I expect are two drastically different things and it has been this way for me for 20 years.
>>
>>94216447
>he still thinks that was real and not just an illusion
>>
>>94216480
>The Phyrexian invasion killed all the dragons and now the Khans are back in power
>please clap
>>
>>94216493
He'd still have the pitbull mouth
>>
>>94216503
I mean that's what they were planning in DTK (and that's my worst case scenario expectations)
If they weren't retarded (so you know, not happening) they'd just make up either more timeline bullshit so it's surrak+atarka vs sidisi+silumgar or something, effectively KTK except they're fighting together with dragons against the other clans
Given the reception to the set was "Oh everyone loves the clans and people kind of like the dragons too but they really liked the clans" just having both of them seems like the simplest solution but I fully expect them to fuck this up somehow and just have the same fucked up DTK timeline but now they also kill dragons again or something.
>>
>>94216510
I'm actually okay with the freaky mouth. It's weird and I like it.
>>
>>94216510
You're right, now that I focus on it, it makes him look like a Xenomorph.
Not sure if it's bad or good, but at least that stupid haircut needs to go, hopefully Vagoroth has a good barber.
>>
You must choose one Praetor to compleate you. It can't be Urabrask.
>>
>>94216533
Sheoldred, probably.
>>
>>94216533
vorinclex easily
him shooting the shit with glissa sparring while they waited for lukka to compleat himself was fun
plus he got to do the coolest stuff being The Thing on kaldheim and nothing personneling esika
>>
>>94216557
actually I guess Jin being a weeb is funnier conceptually but we don't actually get to SEE him do any of that it's just implied
>>
>>94213601
>White planeswalker for Foundations
>Not Basri
>Absolutely kiked by Nosewater
Imagine my surprise.
>>
>>94216572
who the fuck would want some random sand nigger instead of ajani
it's bad enough they're still memory holing garruk for "garruk but worse with tits (not even good tits)"
>>
>>94215769
So long as Hasbro breathes, never.
>>
>>94216579
>memory holing garruk.

he came back.
I think it’s just that Vivien Reid walker is as stereotypical a green pw card as possible, so they thought it was safe for Foundations
>>
>>94216533
My glorious and perfect queen who did nothing wrong, of course.
Imagine her centipede-like body, wrapping around you like an uncomfortable, horrific lamia. She'd lean down, her horned helmet bumping you in the back of the head as she whispered into your ear the perfection of Phyrexia. She would stink like oil and death, but there would be comfort in knowing that the smell was merely her perfect form rubbing off on you. When the oil found its way into your veins, the last thing you'd see would be her smug smile, pleased with herself that she secured another helplessly devoted follower...
>>
>>94214443
>implying cedh players are any better
They arent
>>
>>94216579
Let’s see, you got Basri Ket for the same mana cost with
>Plus 1 counter AND indestructible until EOT
>Token attackers equal to your nontoken attackers in the same turn
>Emblem that makes a soldier and Solidarity every combat
Versus Ajani
>Only a plus 1 counter
>flying and double strike to an obvious dead target from cheap removal
>a fucking minus 8 for a cat army that dies next turn to the first boardwipe
Wow what a fucking improvement we got with this lame ass furball. Thanks Nosewater.
>>
>>94216610
He showed up for 5 seconds 3 years ago and he hasn't been heard from since.
For all we know he doesn't even know that the kenriths are dead and the twins are enemies.
Granted this is better than him being in the void for most of a decade while they just let him roam around, when they tried to replace him with Nissa (lol, lmao)
>>
>>94216627
oh you mean mechanically, sure whatever
>>
>>94213601
>all the Foundations Planeswalkers are worthless except for Liliana
I don't know why I expected anything less.
Instead of a set full of impactful reprints for Standard and Pioneer, we're getting heaps of trash and Orzhov Cat Tribal. Genuinely fuck off.
>>
>>94216436
it could be interesting in a "hotel california" "what year is it" horror vibe, but it would still need an explanation for where these not-80s characters came from in the first place
>>
>>94216654
Honestly so far I thought there was a non-horror house 80s-land buried somewhere inside the house or a nearby 80s plane, a little walled garden that Valgavoth draws its victims from
>>
>>94216650
No, you fuck off. We don't need powercrept cards shitting up Standard for five more years.
>>
>>94216610
it is this, vivien is just the most green version of
>+ draw card
>- kill thing
>--win game
>>
>>94216668
>>94216654
The reason (albeit a shitty one) that they still have cheerleaders running around and you know, the entire plane isn't just those people barely being alive is that there's some dumb timespace bullshit in the spell they found in marina's book.
>>
>>94216671
>reprints
>powercreep
>>
>>94216342
The One Ring and Horcruxes are pretty good examples of cases where the heroes can't just walk up and spear the main villain through the chest, and so they need to exploit other means.
More specifically, those are useful magical artifacts that have an upside for the villain, but cause problems for the villain if destroyed. Basic Lich stuff.
The wi-fi oil is the opposite. It just paints a bigger target on the head of someone the heroes were going to kill anyway, and then conveniently wipes away all the problems afterwards.

To use the Death Star example, it'd be as if blowing up the exhaust port also disabled every Star Destroyer nearby and caused every Stormtrooper's blaster to fall apart, because all of the data was stored on the Death Star servers.
It comes across as a lazy excuse for the writers to ignore that army that the heroes should still need to do something about or might pose a problem in the future.

>even that seems to fit fine with how they were already at each other's throats. Whether it's Norn's backdoor as a final fuck you, or Jin was forced to do it at her command
See, even this feels like it conflicts. Jin is smart enough to know if the oil has been changed. He's constantly tinkering. Norn doing it without his knowledge seems impossible. So Jin just installed a kill-switch on himself for the sake of his main rival because, why?
Keep in mind that upgrading the oil to have a psychic link across planes is a pretty tall order. He could have easily told her it was impossible, or that it would take years. Or better yet, he could do exactly what Norn asked, except link it to himself. What is she gonna do? Kill him? Fix the oil?
Even coming to Jin with the suggestion of an oil-based killswitch only invites more disorder.
>>
>>94216650
Orzhov Cat Tribal sounds based tho
>>
>>94216650
>core sets not being snoozefests
>>
>>94216144
Live love laugh
>>
>>94216219
>I think the bigger issue isn't necessarily that Bolas or the Eldrazi can't be "beaten" but it's so unclear what that entails
Lack of direction and narrative clarity is a trademark of bad writing.
>>
File: 1727104181527113.png (154 KB, 500x522)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
Every day Rosewater continues to baffle me with how this game stays alive. Every attempt it ever made at branching out into anything more than a card game, even with something as simple as "the story behind the cards being played" has failed spectacularly and it's not like the card game itself has been exceptionally designed for the last 5 years either.
Literally every competitor is managed more competently than MtG and that's saying something given how Pokemon and YGO both experienced metas where you ripped every card out of your opponent's hand (in-fact, that seems to be the focus of modern Pokemon as a whole)
>>
>>94217033
>he thinks Rosewater has any say in that shit
Maro's the fall guy, and you took the bait.
>>
File: 1729199615500053.jpg (98 KB, 430x350)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>94217040
I don't care where the buck stops even if that's at John Hasbro himself. This game is in such a fucking awful state and they've failed at everything so consistently it's a wonder how they haven't collapsed by now.
>>
Okay though, but Kyodai exists and now that Omenpaths exist so Kyodai can go to any plane.

So why is there a problem on any plane with anything? Kyodai is literally an omni-powerful uber deity and one of the most overwhelmingly mighty things in the multiverse. She's trivially defeated O-Kagachi and oldwalkers. She rivals the Ur-Dragon and Teysir.

The multiverse literally has a near-almighty steward, more powerful than pre-mending Walkers, with personality that is well established to be actively protective and benevolent.

Yes, Animatou also exists but she has been retconned with a handwave.
But the Omenpaths have opened Kyodai to the entire multiverse.
HOW CAN THERE BE ANY ISSUE ANYWHERE IN THE MULTIVERSE EVER AGAIN?

Are the writers just not aware of how INSANELY powerful Kyodai is? Did they just fucking forget that the bitch has handily shitslapped oldwalkers and defeated O-Kagachi (One of the most powerful things ever to exist in the multiverse)?
>>
Like fuck one of the things I hate about NEO is how Kyodai is just suddenly and inexplicably a kind of mundane creature. Without ANY reason given, her power in NEO is absurdly low.

As the original stories established, with Kyodai as the guardian of Kamigawa, basically no threat could ever pierce into Kamigawa from outside. As far as lore established, Kamigawa was the plane with by far the most powerful entities.

Like for fuck sake, you really have to understand the type of heat Kyodai is packing to comprehend how fucking mad I am about these retard writers.

Kamigawa is a plane with the Myojin, eternal entities with near-omnipotent command of their respective mana color that rival the Theros gods, and the Genju, the great spirits of land that can turn the entire plane into a weapon. And in lore it is written that O-Kagachi's power totally eclipses ALL OF THEM COMBINED.

HOW THE FUCK IS THERE ANY EVIL DOER IN THE ENTIRE MULTIVERSE NOW THAT KYODAI HAS ACCESS TO THE OMENPATHS?
>>
>>94217054
>Are the writers just not aware of
Yes.
Remember War of the Spark's novel was given to someone that knew nothing about the characters, and was told almost nothing about them, because he had Marvel on his resume.
Not even major Marvel projects, just the company name.
>>
>>94217054
>one of the most overwhelmingly might things in the multiverse
>3/3
>>
>>94217054
>>94217091
Just handwave it so that Kyodai's power requires being on Kamigawa. Still just as powerful, but can't move around. Also would Kyodai even have a reason to do any of that stuff? Kyodai protects Kamigawa, that doesn't mean she's willing to protect other planes.
>>
>>94217142
Kyodai is thoroughly established in lore to be more powerful than Oldwalkers, having defeated them handily when they attempted to travel to Kamigawa, and O-Kagachi, a being described as more powerful than every Kami on Kamigawa COMBINED (Including the Genju, the Myojin AND Iname As One)

Just because the Magic designers are too fucking retarded to know their own lore, does not mean the lore vanishes.
In terms of MTG power rankings, Kyodai's actual established lore means she is pushing into the tiers taken up by The Ur-Dragon and Taysir.
>>
>>94217150
>Kyodai protects Kamigawa, that doesn't mean she's willing to protect other planes.
Like that's perfectly fair, but you can just as easily suggest protecting Kamigawa could be much better done by simply obliterating every possible threat.

Kyodai, if her actual lore were consistent with how it was established, would be a FAR more terrifying villain than Phyrexia, the Eldrazi or Vulvagoth.
>>
>>94217151
>and O-Kagachi, a being described as more powerful than every Kami on Kamigawa COMBINED (Including the Genju, the Myojin AND Iname As One)
Yeah, but, look at this cool cyberpunk macguffin!
>>
>>94217095
At least they fired that fag immediately.
>>
File: file.png (1.34 MB, 672x936)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>94217142
Card power and narrative power have always been incredibly out of sync
This is peak-of-power urza
But yes the writers are retards and handwaved pretty much all kamigawa lore
>>
File: absolutely.jpg (113 KB, 605x453)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>94217188
>AND Iname As One
What the fuck is that?

>The Kami of life and death, with supreme power over all the living and all the dead
Oh...

>O-Kagachi, a being described as more powerful than every Kami on Kamigawa COMBINE
ohhh...

>Kyodai defeated O-Kagachi
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

>Kyodai, that thing they printed as a 3/3 and Id idn't really know much about or care.
ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
>>
>>94217142
Anon, this is clearly the most powerful being in the multiverse
can't you see the
FLASH
FLYING
?!?!?!?!?
>>
File: BIG_RED.png (1.46 MB, 2334x497)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
I want to make the old Goldspan combo work in Pioneer, but I'm not sure what/if to splash and what's best to fill out the rest of the slots.
To the right of the lands is stuff I'm pretty sure about, left is up in the air.
A few things:
>Crime Novelist
>Whenever you sacrifice an artifact, put a +1/+1 counter on Crime Novelist and add {R}.
Treasure mana doubler effect from Goldspan copies 5-8, but also better because it works in multiples. The effect is better, not the creature.
>Magda, Brazen Outlaw
>Other Dwarves you control get +1/+0.
>Whenever a Dwarf you control becomes tapped, create a Treasure token.
>Sacrifice five Treasures: Search your library for an artifact or Dragon card, put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle.
Attack, make a treasure. If she doesn't die she can tutor Goldspan as a bonus. A lot of the possible includes on the left are me trying to get clever with her tutor. Korvold, Gnawbone, Bootleggers, Magmatic Galleon, etc.
>Sawblade Skinripper
Mayhem Devil 5-8, but she blows her load all at once at EOT instead of as you go. Can't ping 1/1s like Devil can, but does give you the option of dropping it AFTER popping off to nuke EOT, whereas Devil has to be around DURING said pop-off.
>Festival of Embers
This gives a pseudo-Lier effect, which was the other combo piece when this was in standard. You can play around the void effect a little bit by stacking the instant-speed treasure spells and then sacrificing the enchantment before the spells resolve, hoping you hit another copy, but that's fringe at best.
>Black
Thoughtseize/Push obviously, Deadly dispute, Devil/Skinripper, etc. Seems the most obvious include.
>Green
Probably too cute, but Ass Trophy and Abrupt Decay are good, and there are a few Treasure synergies in RG colors. Gold Rush and Prize Fight trigger Goldspan which is nice, and Goldhound->Gold Rush is cute, but otherwise maybe not worth it.
>>
File: sok-151-iname-as-one.jpg (245 KB, 672x936)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>We will never get cards this cool ever again.
>>
File: ody-303-mirari.jpg (236 KB, 672x936)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
Fellas...what happened to the Mirari? That object multiple blocks were focused on? The literal set symbol for Odyssey?
>>
File: kamigawa kappa.jpg (210 KB, 672x468)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>94217250
Remember when they retconned Kappa from being extinct just so they could print a ninja turtle?
>>
File: 1339023508086.jpg (30 KB, 474x595)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>94217300
>Remember when they retconned Kappa from being extinct just so they could print a ninja turtle?

I do.
Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>94217300
>Could have just made it one of the Reconfigure robots to not break their own lore.
>Broke their own lore anyway.
>>
File: wandering ones.jpg (256 KB, 672x936)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
Original Kamigawa had so much fucking soul
>>
>>94217223
Unironically wasn't even his fault even though he was incompetent. He was basically set up to fail being given no details about the characters then being told to write a huge series finale off bullet points written by executives.
>>
>>94217299
They'd already forgotten about it over a decade ago in Scars. Then they weirdly remembered it for a second in DOM and named a saga after it. Then they forgot about it again.
>>
>>94217250
>What the fuck is that?
I Name Asmon
>>
>>94217334
I've read the book, it is absolutely his fault. It's wotc's fault too, obviously, but he doesn't get to shake the blame just by being ignorant. He wrote a horrible story that was shit even for wotc's standards (plus he also lied about not being ignorant which I don't know why they interviewed him in the first place if they knew he did jack shit).
>>
>>94217299
Wasn't it just somewhere in mirrodin.
Maybe they'll find it again since the oil lost wifi
>>
>>94217361
The whole plane got phased out. It's gone unless the Mirrans took it with them.
>>
>>94217373
right my bad
welp there's your answer anon, the mirari is out in some weird pocket of the multiverse that we won't see again for 6-10 years
>>
File: 4116.hq.jpg (52 KB, 390x314)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>94217377
Always nice to see important pieces of MtG lore getting the respect it deserves from WotC
>>
>>94217421
You saw what they did to the eldrazi right? They don't really care about anything, old OR new.
>>
>>94217354
Eh I guess I agree with you, the more I think about it.
The actual writing quality was really bad but at the same time I don't think there was really a route for him to succeed either. He could have been a 10/10 author (which he obviously wasn't) but there was zero chance he was going to do a good job given the deadline and lack of information he was provided.
>>
>>94217316
Or they were mutants made in a lab from DNA of the last shell
>>
>>94217270
Keek
>>
>>94217474
Yea.
Remember when they had brandon sanderson go out of his way to make a book for them unprompted because he just loved mtg so much?
That he would do it for free (because they literally cannot afford to hire him) just as long as they weren't jewish kikes about distributing it?
Then they were jewish kikes about distributing it four months later, then never got a single cent out of it because of the shitstorm, single-handedly ending any possiblity they could have had for MORE books from one of the most popular authors currently alive?
>>
>>94217299
I ated it. *burp*
>>
File: Sunset Loss.jpg (1.13 MB, 1200x848)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
>>
>>94217373
>The whole plane got phased out
This is what happened to Zalfir and they all got to prepare to fight Phyrexians. Imagine how juiced phyrexia will be when Nicol Bolas breaks them out through the omen path in Ugin's rectum.
>>
>>94217521
all the praetors are dead but I suppose the thanes could replace sheoldred
Did they ever talk about how the praetors came about specifically
>>
>>94216615
Stop it, I can only get so wet.
>>
>>94217503
You think the solution for MTG's lore, which we've already established has a serious issues with characters being in situations that can only be altered by seriously prolonged and protracted incompetence wholly out of alignment with existing characterizations and motives, but still managing to be hamfistedly shoehorned into scenarios by author fiat through said contrivances; you think THAT will be solved by Sanderson of all authors?
>>
>>94217551
I said he was popular I didn't say he was good, my normalfag friends never shut up about him and so do my parents. I've never even looked at this books but he's apparently big.
>>
File: Image.png (141 KB, 223x311)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
Name the last set that was made which was just pure mindless fun.
>>
>>94217557
Fair enough. I'll give him half a point above Rothfuss in terms of generic modern fantasy because he at least comes up with some interesting scenarios, but christ alive does he have a thing for kicking characters while their down in the most hackneyed ways imaginable. I gave up the second or third time a character had the power and means to directly progress towards their goals and actively discarded them without plausible motivation. Absolute drivel, and full of the cliche perspective switching to avoid any pretense of having to maintain the through-line of the plot through lulls in the narrative arc.
>>
File: Mindtower Sentinel.png (228 KB, 375x523)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
Scifi set is chugging along.
I kind of want to get it done before WotC's "Space Opera" set but I'm under no rush, since I know theirs is going to be so shit that I don't even have to try to compete with it.
>>
>>94217568
I liked bloomburrow but if I wasn't a ratfucker I'd have to say like, Alara.
>>
>>94217568
you posted it
unfinity was kind of tarnished by the whole acorn shit
>>
>>94216615
This thing is disgusting, I want to violently rip it apart with my bare hands. Pulling out all of those exposed intestines and shit would be so satisfying. That middle section is just begging for me to stick my hand in there and grab something.
>>
>>94217578
>unfinity was kind of tarnished by the whole acorn shit
Shamefully it would have been a great set without that corporate greedmonger shit.
>>
>>94217568
bloomburrow was pretty good
but probably unstable yea
>>
>>94217576
Oh God they're gonna fucking sneak Star Trek or Star Wars into the set as rare cards like the Godzilla and Jurassic Park.cards aren't they? This set is basically a testing ground to release a fucking Star Wars set.
>>
>>94213601
The council effectively worked as one character so I suppose they work?
I'll never forgive WoTC trannies for killing them and ruining Orzhova.
>>
File: file.jpg (227 KB, 672x936)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>94217611
You're 15 years too late for that
>>
File: gpt-109-culling-sun.jpg (149 KB, 672x936)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>94217620
>I'll never forgive WoTC trannies for killing them and ruining Orzhova.
On the topic of O-Kagachi/Kyodai neutering, the fucking Orzhova being turned into literal cannon fodder is yet another example in a long string of nuMagic retard writers completely fucking ruining their own lore.

Orzhova were arguably the most powerful and feared group on all of Ravnica, other than maybe Svogthir himself. They intimidated both Niv-Mizzet and Azor.

But no, some random retard can blunder in and kill ALL OF THEM AT ONCE. Yeah okay WotC. Fuck off you fucking neurodegenerated troglodytes.
>>
where are the Foundations spoilers
>>
>>94217644
We got three Planeswalker (reprint) spoilers and that's it.
>>
>>94217634
To be honest - Obzedat are not strong battle-wise, their strength came from the fact that like 90% (number ouf of my butt, but probably close to the fact) of Ravnica was owing them money and/or life... and/or death, lmao. Taking them on directly was a logical way of defeating them (and very realistic because that's how tyranny usually ended irl) but the fact that it was made by Ghostbusters 2016 expy with the power of "akszuli I can kill ghosts" and ended with shit-level rewriting of entire guild into "we just pretend to be bad guyz, rly" is... sad?
When we had initial reveal of Karlov Manor I had glimpse of hope that at least some part of Obzedat survived but nah, it was even worse and literally fucked up rest of the Ravnica. Being enslaved by Gay Bolas would be better fate for this plane.
>>
>>94217644
Watch JOTC go full retard and actually just reprint the Sun Titan itself back into Standard just so the meme can be complete for White design.
>>
>>94217644
At least from the Ajani's number we know that there are 133 or less new cards (unless they also sneak some new cards into jumpstart packs, which would we horrible)
>>
>>94217671
>Obzedat are not strong battle-wise
The guy spoonfed you a demonstration of their power and you couldn't be bothered to read it and instead wrote all that stupid madeup bullshit.
>>
>>94216235
everything you just said is why the nu phyrexians were interesting originally
>>
>>94217671
>Obzedat are not strong battle-wise, their strength came from the fact that like 90% (number ouf of my butt, but probably close to the fact) of Ravnica was owing them money and/or life

Old lore wasn't cringe dnd campaign slop like that
>>
>>94213947
lol no more foil redemption. wotc is trash. i’ll probably sell out my account for foundation sets and be done with mtgo.
>>
>>94217624
What's that referring to?
>>
>>94218023
It's Darth Vader.
>>
File: m20-198-veil-of-summer.jpg (181 KB, 672x936)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
reprint it, shit's 5€ for an uncommon. Plus all the arenababies are gonna love sticking it to counterspells
>>
>>94213644
No, the set was shit and the flavor dreadful. Now you'll try and gaslight me.
>>
>>94218192
This card is good
>>
File: mtg_ajani.webm (451 KB, 1080x1080)
451 KB
451 KB WEBM
>>94213601
Tamiyo... RIP
She's safe from WotC meddling now.
>>
>>94217551
>>94217571
you talk like a total faggot
>>
>>94217316
>>94217482
literally above their pay grade to think this much
>>
File: 1727758728104970.png (767 KB, 672x936)
767 KB
767 KB PNG
What was the last female card where you can clearly see the girl has big boobs?
>>
>>94213719
>he doesn't want splinters all over his dick
NGMI
>>
>>94218396
Original eldraine had some big titties
Probably more since then but I haven't kept close track
>>
File: file.png (1.18 MB, 672x936)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>94218396
low res but they're still there
>>
>>94213601
Tamiyo.
The fact that her foster child is an animesque-looking cyberpunk larper that uses her as his stand is a fucking disgrace.
I was hoping he'd become some kind of lore collector, aiming to serenely teach the next generation through stories despite the tragedy that befall him, but nope, he's got memed into existence by the usual clique.
>>
File: war-206-neoform.jpg (166 KB, 672x936)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/6710569#paper
Neoform anon was onto something, this Oculus deck just got into top8 of yesterday's Pioneer Challenge
>>
>>94217300
It's actually fucking crazy how many times they've done shit like this.

In Mirrodin there was only one vampire, the Mephidross Vampire. Then in Scars there's a whole fucking tribe of them, the non-human Black tribe.

In Ravnica the dominant species of vampire were feral, basically flying bloodsucking kroot. The last member of the sentient psychic species was Szadek. Also in Ravnica the last three Gorgons were the Sisters of Stone Death, then in RTR there was a whole race of them.

I seriously can't believe people are excited to return to Lorwyn. At this point it should be clear returning to any plane results in it getting completely fucked.
>>
>>94218458
>In Ravnica the dominant species of vampire were feral, basically flying bloodsucking kroot. The last member of the sentient psychic species was Szadek. Also in Ravnica the last three Gorgons were the Sisters of Stone Death, then in RTR there was a whole race of them.
not gonna point out the merfolk on ravnica too? the giant underground seas that no one knew about and then were just accepted?
>>
>>94218396
I think wilds of eldraine was the last time they will ever appear
>>
>>94218466
I can't remember everything man.
>>
>>94218192
Would be based in Foundation. You reminded me I should sell my foil copies, the reprint is inevitable
>>
>>94218477
fair I guess
The merfolk going from non-existent to 90% of the guild always just sticks out to me
>>
>>94218192
are there a lot of counterspells in standard right now? I don't keep up with the format
>>
>>94218456
I don't get how it works honestly, paying 4 mana for abhorrent oculus after some setup with cards that don't work on their own, isn't remotely enough payoff for standard let alone pioneer
the decks running it in standard are jamming out multiple djinns, oculus and sometimes overlords. The oculus can often flip more of them into play with manifest

if oculus is your only threat its not really game winning on its own, easily dealt with, horrible against exile effects so you can't recur it. I mean in standard I can cheat out a turn 3 etali, valgavoth or gishath and depending on the draw it can win the game on turn 3 from rakdos joins up triggers.
>>
>>94218456
That deck looks fun desu, wish I had more than 1 copy of Oculus
>>
>>94218499
>I don't get how it works honestly
I mean, it's just a tempo deck, you spend the first few turns abusing card selection and cheap interaction and once you can land oculus + protection against a deck full of cards that cost 2 or 3 mana the game is virtually over, kinda of the same principle of mono blue spirits or phoenix

I looked the guy up and these were his matchups:
1 - Bye
2 - Incarnation WW
3 - Br Midrange WLW
4 - Mardu Greasefang WLW
5 - Uw Control LL
6 - Mardu Greasefang WLW
7 - Br Sac LL

so he bullied decks trying to setup powerful plays that cost 3 or mana and lost to UW control and BR sac, the first one was probably ready to beat phoenix and the second one is filled with cheap spells to deal with oculus
>>
>>94218456
>used to play undying evil in kitchen table
>effect gets played in modern
>used to play tree of perdition in kitchen table
>gets played in pioneer
>used to play neoform in kitchen table
>now this
should I start playing pioneer? my other old kitchen table shitpiles are ensoul artifact and phylactery lich or ambush wolf/sun's grace plus flash o-rings
>>
>>94218589
sure, pioneer is at the point where the card pool is big enough for people to pull off unconventional stuff from time to time
>>
>>94218589
The GP next year is not pioneer, save your brews for the year after
>>
>>94218589
How do you flash oring?
>>
>>94218622
I mean spells like o-ring that have flash. for example cast out
>>94218602
>>94218606
aight, hopefully it's not FIREd up by then
>>
>>94218583
But phoenix works by having multiple redundant threats and the fact every instant/sorcery in the deck can recur them once phoenix are in the yard, and recurs them in multiples each time, and even if they die it just recurs them again and again
This list can't recur any oculus it mills, has mostly dig that only hits neoform so its basically digging for one card without tutors, then hitting oculus 1:1 with neoform with no copy shenanigans, and if that oculus dies its gone forever

Any deck that's all-in on a 4-of card without tutors is naturally very inconsistent, and there's no backup plan here AT ALL. I mean, say someone just pops a stone brain effect, what does this deck do? Attack with 0/3, 1/4, 1/2, 1/1 and 1/3 creatures? It probably decks itself faster than it can swing in. If you hit my carnosaur combo deck in standard with a jester cap, I'd still have loch-whales and overlord of the mistmoors and quintorius. Hell you can win games with a single mirrex
With 8 possible ways to get oculus out its not like its inconsistent enough that it won't happen, but its more the issue that if an oculus gets answered, which it will, you won't consistently play threats to replace it
>>
>>94218622
There are ways
>>
>>94218622
First you bend over
>>
>>94218641
>But phoenix works by having multiple redundant threats and the fact every instant/sorcery in the deck can recur them once phoenix are in the yard, and recurs them in multiples each time, and even if they die it just recurs them again and again
brother, I've played plenty of games where all my copies of phoenix are in the bottom 30 cards of my deck and games where I completely side out phoenix from the deck, the deck doesn't work just because phoenix is hard to kill, it works because it's a tempo deck interacting with the opponent while presenting threats like shredder or proft
>This list can't recur any oculus it mills, has mostly dig that only hits neoform so its basically digging for one card without tutors, then hitting oculus 1:1 with neoform with no copy shenanigans, and if that oculus dies its gone forever
>Any deck that's all-in on a 4-of card without tutors is naturally very inconsistent
dude, the entire deck is card selection, like literally speaking, all of the neoform creatures dig at least 3 cards deep for neoform + 4x consider + 4x otherworldly gaze + 4x treasure cruise, you're going to find neoform every game, consistency isn't a problem
>>
>>94216219
at least in case of Eldrazi one can forgive them having no "greater plans" because they are supposed to be these Lovecraftian eldritch horrors. Their plan was just to float in space, mind their business, once per billion years devour some plane or something. Which makes their defeat absolutely retarded because they were supposed to be way above everything. A single plane is a fucking meal for them, mana from it should barely scratch them so what Chandra did was a non-sense.
By any logic they were supposed to be above Phyrexian and way above Bolas.
>>
>>94218753
Yeah, it's like bringing the Sun down to Earth and blowing it up with a nuke.
>>
>>94218705
You seem to be missing the point- being a tempo deck that is interacting with shredder+profit IS what works, because its a redundant and more consistent threat. That's how tempo decks work, you need to get down a threat and hold off the opponent with interaction.
If the ONLY threats in your deck were 4x phoenix and you did nothing but sling fading hope / flood maw / spell pierce until you dug 30 cards deep, you'd just be the world's shittiest control deck and lose to starter precon decks.

>dude, the entire deck is card selection, like literally speaking, all of the neoform creatures dig at least 3 cards deep for neoform + 4x consider + 4x otherworldly gaze + 4x treasure cruise, you're going to find neoform every game, consistency isn't a problem
most of the dig only hits neoform not oculus itself since its archaeologist / prankster / trainer all digging for a sorcery. But what's more important here is the lack of staying power for the threats when you do find them. You spend a few turns digging for neoform, you find it, and then what? Oculus comes down. It might get exiled the same turn you play it, there's only 2 spell pierces . 2 fading hope to protect it. If it survives to the opponents untap step you get to manifest a 2/2 that will almost certainly never flip face-up since every creature other than another oculus is worse flipped

The same deck exists in a standard shell right now and is posting a lot of tournament results, and like the real phoenix decks- it runs 8-12 threats. Not 4. It doesn't just flop over and die if it loses an oculus. And VERY VERY IMPORTANTLY, the standard shell of it can keep recurring its threats every turn. It doesn't just say "oh, guess I ate a single removal spell, game is over now".
>>
File: 1000089963.jpg (143 KB, 672x936)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
my wife :)
>>
>>94218835
My slut :)
>>
>>94218697
sensible chuckle
>>
>opponent goes 5 turns in a row with leyline + scamp, refusing to cast his spells on it while I have untapped mana
>just attacks in for 1 damage per turn on turns 2, 3, 4 & 5
>I hold removal in hand without ever casting it
>turn 6 I just cast my combo and win on the spot
>>
>>94218835
>>94218899
My mommy :)
>>
Is it worth getting only mythic packs instead of normal packs on arena for duskmourn
seems like all the useful cards in this set are mythic

>8x good mythics (5 overlord, oculus, dollmaker, valgavoth) and 2x marginal (kaito, nemesis) for 10/20 hits
>10x good rares (innocence, split up, curiosity, slasher, leyline of resonance probably free wildcards, 5x land cycle) for 10/60 hits

3x the rate of useable mythics vs rares, when regular packs are ~1/6 mythic?
the fuck am I going do to with more copies of
>nashi, rip, peer past the veil, omnivorous flytrap, chainsaw, totally unplayable shit leylines, a bunch of shitty rooms
>>
>>94218828
>most of the dig only hits neoform not oculus itself since its archaeologist / prankster / trainer all digging for a sorcery.
>You spend a few turns digging for neoform, you find it, and then what? Oculus comes down. It might get exiled the same turn you play it
I can't be bothered to continue replying to you dude, you're either stupid or extremely disingenuous
>The same deck exists in a standard shell right now and is posting a lot of tournament results
then I hope you take one of those standard shells into pioneer and win a challenge like that deck did
>>
>>94218961
This is just basic gameplay stuff that anyone who's played a lot of magic should understand. The deck has only 4 threats and very few ways to protect them. A decent number of ways to dig to them and cheat them out, but even once you do, those threats aren't particularly aggressive and can't defend themselves whatsoever

Normal tempo or midrange decks will trade interaction and run out more threats or recur them and trade resources. If you mill 2 oculus and neoform out another and it eats a fatal push, you have -1- oculus left in your entire library to somehow win the game. Not even manlands to fall back on
There are zombie hunt gimmick decks with more recovery paths than that lmao
>>
>>94217671
>Obzedat are not strong battle-wise
Uh huh.
>>
>>94219044
>canonically weaker than a little japanese girl blowing on a dandelion
>>
>>94217671
>To be honest - Obzedat are not strong battle-wise
HE SAYS, IN RESPONSE TO THEM EVOKING THE SUN TO DEVOUR ENTIRE CITY BLOCKS
>>
File: 1677280159234223.webm (1.81 MB, 950x450)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB WEBM
What card does your opponent play that makes you do this?
>>
>>94219059
Lil T3f before he got banned in Pioneer, I basically don't see him anymore since he's not very popular in Legacy
>>
>>94219059
Ocelot Pride
>>
File: woe-234-questing-druid.jpg (145 KB, 672x936)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
remember when this was a legacy playable card? Feels like 20 years ago
>>
>>94219059
lotv
>>
>>94219072
excuse me but I only get access to 3-6 mana pips before a game is over I need to use them on something better than card advantage
>>
>>94218396
>What was the last female card where you can clearly see the girl has big boobs?
Moriok Scavenger
>>
>>94219072
I appreciate legacy players not wanting him anymore, he's actually affordable on MTGO now
>>
>>94219059
tor
>>
What's with cheap listings on cardmarket which give you can error when you try to add it to your cart? Is it a form of price fixing?
>>
>>94219333
bots/people already bought them out and cardmarket is too slow to update most likely
>>
>foundations has standard legal cards exclusive to beginner box
HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE
>>
>>94213601
>TQ
I'm basic I like Kaito. I'm a sucker for noble goofballs and all of his cards are pretty good
>>
>>94219591
beginner horizons
>>
>>94219591
I hope one of this an instant that costs R and gives target creature +4/+0 and trample until end of turn.
>>
>>94219591

Surely noone will object if we print powercrept allosaurus shepard as a one of in a low printrun secondary product so only vendors have access to copies and can immediately flip them for $200
>>
>>94217300
Weren't the kappa supposed to be blue colored goblins?
>>
File: StarTrek.jpg (344 KB, 2085x2685)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
>>94217611
>>
>>94218076
Fucking idiot
>>
>>94218449
>Kills the ghost council to ascend to power and goes even further in terms of power after her death
>Kaya accomplished nothing, shitty necro and phantasma politics
Bravo Kaya, once again you are our hero.
>>
File: 116.jpg (687 KB, 1920x1384)
687 KB
687 KB JPG
>>94218449
>>
You can now see what's inside packs lol (only foils).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhQr5Uv59VU
>>
>>94219869
The sealed product scam arms race will continue until gambling improves.
>>
>>94219894
The future are graded cards, it's been obvious for some time now.
>>
>>94219869

The last time you could trust loose packs to not be searched was never
>>
>>94219869
Hilariously, MTG's relatively uniform foiling would have been difficult to detect with this method.

But the SUPER PREMIUM ALT FOIL ETCHED BORDER LIMITED EDITION NUMBERED STAMPED foils are entirely trivial to see with this method.
>>
>>94218449
I'm so fucking tired of them taking cards with cool flavor and making them Arena only. I want my fucking ghost council teysa in paper god damnit
>>
>>94216177
If they don't use the classic "ALL slivers [get thing]" ability instead of the modern "slivers YOU CONTROL [get thing]" thei i will personally firebomb WotC HQ
>>
>>94219903
there is no future in any graded card that is outside the reserved list, thats just people coping slabbing their mythics thinking it's gonna go up in price
>>
>>94219820
Is this real?
>>
>>94219953
Sadly, yes.
>>
>>94219591
And at least 2 of them (Jazal Goldmane and Crossway Troublemakers) were previously printed specifically for commander products, and now they are standard legal. Grim.
>>
>>94219959
AND some cards were only printed in jumpstart before. Standard legal now. Nothing is safe.
>>
>>94219869
Pinkertons are going to FUCK them up
>>
>>94216533
Jin Gitaxias
Either i get to hang out and nerd out with the biggest nerd in the eternities, or he's still in his flower-pattern pants and he compleats me into a bimbo bombshell just like his kamigawan animes. The best case scenario is the best, and the worst case scenario isn't that bad.
>>
>>94220045
Thanks, anon, now I want to be a compleated bimbo. What have you done?
>>
>drafting Bloomburrow
>I now have a playset if a card I will never use
>>
File: 1667338796546208.jpg (4 KB, 215x216)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>make a bet that ocelot pride would be bargain bin tier and not used
>it's one of the best MH3 cards
I just didn't (desu still kinda don't) see how it's so good when there's so much removal and it came out when scam was the best deck so I thought that it would just punt it out of existence because you can't play what was T1 double thoughtseized away.
>>
>>94219869
can't wait for the lead layering in packaging. what could possibly go wrong
>>
>>94218753
Eldrazi Titan has an all you can eat buffet of a plane's mana made of fire like its spicey mexican food restaurant

Eldrazi Titans die to Nissa and Chandra's equivalent of a burrito full of super ghost peppers that are more spicey than normal ghost peppers.
>>
>>94219903
>people love stickers
maro was right, damn
>>
>>94220246
>(desu still kinda don't) see how it's so good when there's so much removal
it's a self-contained engine that synergizes with the rest of the deck to go even beyond and just for one mana
removal pointed at ocelot means one less removal spell in hand to deal with guide of souls, ajani or phlage, which also go nuts if you let them survive
>>
>>94220314
>>94220246
so removal is just not good enough. it's either a 1for1 or too slow
mh4 will introduce us the one mana plague engineer and then the games will be "can you guess that creature type correctly on turn 1." if you can't you lose and it'l bee FUN
>>
>>94219869
Can't wait for the portable version so when you walk into a store, you will see some random weirdo scanning packs trying to find the most valuable packs.
>>
>>94220372
>shooting radiation in public
kek that'll be a future
>>
>>94219869
god I'm creaming my pants just imagining Rudy getting liquidated once all his sealed product halves in price from the mass usage of that tool. Probably not gonna happen but I'm sure the dude is scared
>>
>>94220396
>I hate successful people because I failed at life
Pathetic.
>>
>>94220430
who are you quoting?
>>
>>94220368
>it's either a 1for1 or too slow
you can play cheap boardwipes, but they usually come after sideboards (unless you're pre-boarded against energy, which is also an option) and you're never guaranteed to see them
so rather than taking a chance on beating energy it's so much easier to pick up energy yourself and learn how to navigate the mirror
>>
>>94220466
I guess that too. not that energy doesn't have efficient renewable removal anyway like phlage. god when I first saw they were bringing energy back I KNEW it would be fucking broken just because it's an almost uninteractable resource just like the first time. not even because it's FIRE and shit
>>
File: big-22-pest-control.jpg (132 KB, 672x936)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>94220368
Nah there are options to deal with it just fine, but the problem is that energy has multiple other avenues to fuck you up.
>>
>>94220441
You.
>>
>>94220541
I said no such thing thougbeit
>>
>>94220538
>phallic shaped object shoots white stuff
kek
>>
>>94220555
It's the implication.
Why would you say that, otherwise?
Who gives a shit about what Rudy does with his boxes?
>>
>>94220538
yet I see this nowhere. I thought this was gonna be good
>>
>they banned leyline in best of 1
lol
lmao even
>>
>>94220760
>Why would you say that, otherwise?
cause it would be funny, imagine the follow up video where he actually gets super JUSTED and isn't just actually pretending for once. It would be peak entertainment
>>
>>94220876
Excuse me this is a thread about magic the gathering, not some phone app skinner box to play while you shit
>>
>>94220930
Magic deserves nothing more than to be a game you play while you shit
>>
>>94218453
It's a blink and you miss it moment, but Nashi disposed of her scroll, when they were fleeing Duskmourn he left it in the tunnel through the blind eternities they escaped through before it closed.
So presumably she's not double dead, unless something else happens.
>>
>>94220973
Okay mental magic lets go right now

I won the coin flip for game 1
Neither of us mulligan
I go turn 1 elegant parlor and surveil a scrollshift into my graveyard, pass
you turn
>>
>>94220930
Yeah but arena bo1 isnt a big enough game to warrant its own thread so were going to parasite off of yours :)
>>
>>94221000
based arenachad
>>
its ours now
>>
>>94221027
>permanents have no text on them
>spells and abilities 90% hidden on the stack, can't even see the name without hovering
>no option to have full view of graveyards
>only 20% of the card is visible while in hand while also adding a tilt for no reason other than visual flourish

god arena fucking sucks
>>
>>94221062
>half the permanents have upside down text or are in moonrunes or some shit because your opponent is a weeb
>spells and abilities 100% hidden on the stack, can't even represent copies, activated abilities, or what things are targeting, without pulling out a bunch of extra stuff
>have to ask your opponent to see their graveyard, have to reveal that you're looking through your own graveyard
>have to sit there waiting for your opponent to flick through their cards every other second because there's no clock except for the event ending, slow play is completely arbitrary
god paper fucking sucks
>>
>>94220890
Why is it funny to see Rudy suffer?
>>
>>94221121
schadenfreude
>>
>>94221121
Some niggas here are obsessed with florida man
>>
File: read this.png (135 KB, 201x280)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>94221062
Here's your paper magic, bro
>>
>>94221062
>>permanents have no text on them
Based and yami yugi pilled
>>
File: rudy.png (404 KB, 852x400)
404 KB
404 KB PNG
>>94221146
>>94221134
Rudy is more based than anyone in this general.
People with Rudy Derangement Syndrome are pathetic.
>>
>play game of online magic
>rigged shuffler

>play game of paper magic
>rigged shuffler too lmao

i mean if my opponent is gonna palm 2 cards and slip one under his ass when I'm not looking I don't give a fuck about magic interface at least I know any cheating is equal
>>
>>94221173
im surprised there isn't a bigger overlap of mtg players and sleight of hand enjoyers. If I really good at sleight of hand I'd be joining tournaments and slipping FoWs into my opening hands all the time
>>
>>94221190
Having enjoyed some sleight of hand myself in the past, I imagine it's partly because Magic cards aren't physically good for it. It's hard to describe for someone who hasn't experienced it, but playing cards have a different feel and bend to them. Palming Magic cards is awkward, and if you do it enough the bend is going to be obvious. There's also the fact that most sleight of hand techniques aren't actually that helpful to cheating, nobody's flipping over cards for a double lift or using second dealing to fake a pile shuffle.
>>
>>94220992
hold on I have a pre-game action where I go to the bathroom to shit
>>
>>94217576
>compete
How so? You can't legally sell it, since Magic is copyrighted. You don't have access to WotC's advertising platforms. You can't print as many cards as they can. Sure you can probably make higher quality card designs but that doesn't matter at all in this competition.
>>
>>94221267
traditional sleight of hand tricks wouldn't be useful sure since the intention is not to perform a show but just being good at handling cards could mean stuff like drawing 10 card hands and making it look like 7, or keeping the cards you sideboard up your sleeve to make sure they're in your opening hand etc
>>
File: 1728074839591644.jpg (5 KB, 211x250)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>94221399
or asking to look at your opponents graveyard and just stealing an expensive card
>>
>>94221062
You can hover over anything to get a full view of the card with text and stuff. You can also look at the graveyard and exile. Plus you automatically get a count of how many cards are in your deck and graveyard. (again, by hovering your mouse over them.) I agree arena sucks but you don't have to make up fake reasons to hate it. All you're doing is making arena haters look stupid.

>>94221116
All true lol, paper magic with friends is still more fun than arena though
>>
>>94221444
>I cast Reanimate targeting my-
>...
>...
>where the the fuck did it go?
>>
>>94221455
you misunderstand that anons criticisms, MTGO allows you to have full view of stuff like graveyards and exile zones at all time
>>
>>94221461
this is where you gaslight them into thinking they never put them there. You can't steal the Atraxa and leave the entomb, thats a rookie mistake
>>
>>94221469
I don't get how that would be a problem. Is he just too lazy to click his graveyard?
>>
>>94221514
having a full view of graveyards at all times tends to be a really good quality of life feauture for eternal formats. I've played vs legacy dredge on Xmage where the graveyard is only visible after clicking like arena and it's suicide inducing trying to keep track of all the bullshit that can come out of there
>>
>>94221550
idk sounds like a skill issue. Also, Arena puts flashback cards and other stuff you can play from your graveyard next to your hand, so you probably don't even need to click your graveyard half the time.
>>
>>94221581
trust me its not a skill issue. You seem sorta inexperienced since you keep talking like only your graveyard matters. When the opposing deck can put up to one third of their deck into the graveyard per turn and amongst those cards are things that make permanents, discard your hand, reanimate other permanets on their graveyard etc you don't want to have to click on their graveyard every time, you want that information readily available
>>
>>94221581
And gives you Delirium/Spell Mastery/Undergrowth/etc counts
Just need to keep track of opps gy, but I guess clicking one time is too strenuous for mtgobabs
>>
>>94221609
You can also click on your opponent's graveyard. And see their flashback/embalm/etc cards next to their hand.
>>
>>94221550
legacy is not a format in mtga
>>
>>94221623
they have a format where lurrus is legal so god only knows what aberrations await that client
>>
What exactly was New Capenna? Did people like the set?
>>
If green Phyrexians are copper, why is he the only one that's made of flesh instead of metal?
>>
>Eldrazi basically lovecraft monsters
>Modern exclusive
Why
>>
>>94221707
have you tried playing standard 8 years ago?
>>
>>94221707
the first eldrazi were standard legal
>>
>>94221739
shit like caw blade was still better
>>
>>94221707
erm acktchually they were standard legal twice. (and Emrakul went full lovecraft on Innistrad a couple sets later)
>>
File: the mindskinner.jpg (175 KB, 672x936)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
thoughts on this card
>>
>>94221846
>mill legendary

coomander bait for timmys (like you)
>>
>>94221116
>>94221027
god I hate arenafags and I'm glad they abandoned that shitty game once they realized esports was a joke
>>
>>94221846
Still wanna build that Standard Mill deck but I just haven't budgeted the time for it yet
>>
>>94220876
Don't care, still using it at lgs on thursday
>>
>>94221971
how would standard mill possibly work when aggro kills on turn 3
the only mill decks that can exist in standard are "control with jace/breach wincon" and "breach combo deck that technically wins by milling opponent out" and that got a lot weaker when its piece rotated
>>
what really pisses me off about eldrazi is how all of these new modern and commander exclusive legendary eldrazi have names but almost zero lore attached to them. I'd really like to know what's going on with these guys. Zhulodok has some lore but it's basically just an elaboration on how the eldrazi titans broke out of the hedron network the first time, he's pretty much just an extension of Ulamog that had his own name and mini-cult for some reason.
>>
>play a standard bo1 game tabletop at lgs
>draw hand
>put leyline of resonance into play
>opponent calls store owner over and demands I get banned from store
>>
>>94221899
Future is now old fag.
>>
>>94221461
>suspiciously card-shaped opponent
>>
>>94222031
Yea and the future is paper.
>>94222021
I think Ulalek was some weird schizo fusion that someone thought of, I don't remember.
BFZ fucked up Eldrazi so horrendously they've barely touched them since, They can't exactly make them any worse so I'd be interested in seeing them try again.
>>
>T2 opponent plays Say Its Name in draft
>hits two Say Its Names
how the FUCK
>>
>>94222068
eldrazi are the manifestation of every game ruining urge by the devs in game. that's why they multiply like dreams because they are made up by a mad god that is impossible to beat by the characters in lore due to nature of their being
>>
File: 1727421282177740.png (1.14 MB, 920x728)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>94222021
I don't care about the story at all, but the setting is important to me. I want them to expand on Fiora because of this guy.
>>
>>94222106
Leovold is getting 0 lore ever
>>
>>94222073
I was matched against one of those decks, I just used Agatha's Soul Cauldron to exile one of his copies at instant speed, he conceded on the spot.
>>
>>94222073
while you were busy first picking bombs and premium removal I was busy forcing meme decks
>>
>>94222233
>>94222233
>>94222233
>>
>>94222073
luck is a skill
>>
>>94221971
Post it when you figure it out, I've been working on one too and struggling.
>>
>>94218499
Oculus pretty much wins the game by itself and it's easy to put multiples of it into play. What's important about oculus is that both flies and clogs up the board with blockers so it lets you attack for 5/6 every turn while preventing the opponent from attacking. Oculus is different from big reanimation targets because it's easier to get into play and its much easier to play more after your first gets removed.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.