[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1728039668022747.jpg (66 KB, 826x997)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Previously: >>11174562

-Mafex Nate Grey Solicited

-Marvel Legends Secret Wars Wave solicited (all major retailers)

-Marvel Legends Spider-Man/Vulture VHS 2 Pack solicited (Pulse Exclusive, shipping now)

-Marvel Legends Dragon Man solicited (Pulse Exclusive, pre-order window open until Oct 17th)

-Marvel Legends Crystal/Lockjaw 2 pack solicited (Fan Channel Exclusive)

-Marvel Legends Retro Carded Green Goblin reissues (Fan Channel)

-Marvel Legends Ultimate Professor X with Hover Chair reissued (Fan Channel)

-Marvel Legends Outrider 2 pack solicited (Fan Channel Exclusive)

-Mafex Age of Apocalypse Cyclops and Age of Apocalypse Wolverine solicited

-Marvel Legends Punisher/Bushwacker 2 pack solicited (Amazon/Fan Channel exclusive)

>Updated Marvel Legends Checklist: https://imgur.com/a/YAVUq40

>Archived Threads:
https://archive.palanq.win/toy/search/subject/Marvel%20General/

>Searchable, Tagged Database For Marvel Legends Sorted By Year: https://figurelist.co/marvel-legends-checklist
>>
>>11186035
The Marvel Legend is so much better than this.
>>
>>11186041
if you're a kid and can't afford adult collectibles, sure.
>>
>>11186043
Or you actually have good taste in toys. You don't have to spend $80 to try and prove you like buying bad toys.
>>
File: 1728155099149.jpg (948 KB, 1873x3699)
948 KB
948 KB JPG
>>11186041
Honestly, it's pretty close imo. The ML is top tier amongst MLs, there's no denying that, and they did some things better than the Mafex like, in my opinion, the unmasked head and the torso. But then the Mafex has better accessories just on the basis you actually get a regular shield, hell you get two of them, has better articulation, and better proportions imo. But it is extremely close. Closer than I thought it would be tbqh. Did Hasbro just do THAT good a job with these Avengers figures? Iron Man and Cap, I feel like it boils down to personal preference, but then the ML Thor is just outright better than the Mafex based on size alone.
>>
>>11186050
Man I think the heads are the worst part of the Marvel Legends. They're big and make him look kinda old. Especially the unmasked head. I also don't like the eyes on the masked head having no space around them but that's just a personal preference.
>>
>>11186043
>adult collectibles
>>
20th Cap's shield has holes in it so the MAFEX wins by default.
>>
File: 1728039821064931.jpg (110 KB, 560x373)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>POOR
Nah bitch these pockets are for your punk asses to hold
>>
>>11186085
Nah, that's being autistic.
>>
Mafex makes superheroes into twinks and I'm tired of pretending they don't.
>>
File: IMG_2951.jpg (350 KB, 750x548)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
Mafex figures has superior articulation and body sculpt over legends. However, legends’ cap has a little more meat on him. It’s a matter of preference, but I prefer cap being bodybuilder physique (granted the legends one isn’t perfect, it is serviceable).
>>
>>11186159
Yeah, it really does feel like with Cap, it comes down to personal preference. I'd say the same for Iron Man, some people prefer the matte yellow, some prefer the metallic gold. When it comes down to it though, either choices is equally valid, and it's up to personal preference. In this instance, either Cap is more than an adequate represent of the character, and it just comes down to which details you prefer.
>>
It weirds me out that people are comparing mafex to legends, with legends being the favorite. Like that would imply a major fuck up from mafex given far more money was put into the engineering, paint, manufacturing process and sculpting
>>
>>11186213
No, it's just Marvel Legends are actually very good figures and you spend all your time whining about them.
>>
>>11186216
If you watch Anthony's latest video about the 2 pack you'll see a professional's opinion on that
>>
>>11186221
>professional's
At least try to be subtle when you're trolling.
>>
>>11186223
He is a professional toy reviewer as he does it for a living (he certainly isn't selling his own figures yet)
>>
>>11186213
Mafex are almost the lowest tier for that pricepoint of imports. They're not very good at sculpts and their engineering is years behind SHF.
>>
>>11186213
Not necessarily, sometimes Legends can actually be just that good. Sorry that it rustles your jimmies, but it's the truth.
>>
File: Ebt5gjhXkAUUeWg.jpg (488 KB, 1536x2048)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
>>11186249
>their engineering is years behind SHF.
>>
>>11186254
Spider-Thrusting
>>
>>11186254
But years ahead in beauty
>>
>>11186254
funny how shf fell off around 2020 when everyone noticed how lazy they have truely become. The last SHF i got was carnage & Venom & that’s because i refuse to have the lazier version that Hasbro made (only venom at the time)
>>
>>11186249
yeah, years behind shf bugmen/dbz stuff maybe, but most other shf stuff is also completely halfassed
>>
>>11186254
SHF does the best spider-man figures in terms of articulation/aesthetic balance, the "thong" is one of the biggest plebfilters in the toy industry, its funny that mafex fans get filtered by it considering most mafex have granny asses or shitted diapers
>>
>>11186368
>the "thong" is one of the biggest plebfilters in the toy industry
In 5 years you'll be buying 3.0s and 4.0s and saying how bad the thong look was lol
>>
>>11186216
Yeah, I can count on a clumsy shop teacher's hand how many really bad Legends figures I've seen since the 2014 relaunch.

The thing with Mafex is they are over $100. Shut up import fags, after shipping you're paying almost as much as from a domestic shop. Anyway, I have a few from back when they were $40-$50. If you didn't have one with problems, they were better but not 2X-3X better. I unfortunately happened to get some with problems - WW's skirt turns her thighs blue.

I liked the DKR Catwoman though. Really sparse on accessories, like Hasbro retro card sparse. Then they come out with a 2.0 at almost double the price that still has virtually no accessories. I just bought the SHF that time around. Still poor on accessories but a better looking figure for half the price.

Anyway I quit on them until some of the DC Hush figures went on sale. I might've gottenb back in earlier if they hadn't done stupid stuff like making Wolverine's stripes blue or doing TNBA instead of BTAS. I'm not sure what I'll find if/when I open them. Really doubt it'll be enough to give up Legends.
>>
Anybody who says they prefer ML cap has a more specific art style they prefer ( which I can respect) or they are massively coping. I don't even understand the cost argument because most people will never have to buy a classic cap again if they get the mafex. Keeping buying those incremental upgrades Hascucks
>>
>>11186558
Most of the time, yes imports will be better than Marvel Legends, I don't think anyone is disputing that. I think all anyone is saying, is that in certain instance, like with the 20th Anniversary Cap, that MLs can be pretty stellar. Stop letting your autistic hatred of Hasbro get your panties all bunched up.
>>
>>11186593
Hey we're just a bunch of retards talking about toys. No need to be civil. I hope so everyone enjoys the figures they choose. I have a few ML myself cause import companies will never make shit like Spiral or magik.
>>
>>11186598
I'm just saying, the ML and the Mafex are both great and whichever one any particular person favors comes down to personal preference. Each figure does different things better than the other. But we're seeing a lot of the anti Hasbro folks coming out and getting all butt flustered because some people think the ML and Mafex are pretty compatible. Was no different when Iron Man came out and some people preferred the metallic gold of the ML.
>>
If I got the classic War Machine and the MVC sprite War Machine, would I be able to put the shoulder cannon of the former on the later?
>>
>>11186050
>this largely reuse figure is good!!!! please dont point out how massive the heads are! also look at my stupid faggot tin posters!
>>
>>11186368
I can see this being said through gritted teeth lol, enjoy your shitty aesthetic
>>
>>11186035
Is any figure from the 85th anniversary ave worth buying? Will any of them be worth something in the future?
>>
>>11186657
>Will any of them be worth something in the future?
eat shit faggot
>>
File: capmsh1.jpg (174 KB, 1142x1609)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
Everytime i see OP's Captain America, i can't help but reminded of the 80s Toy Biz's paint job.

It looks so faded compared to modern colors
>>
>>11186682
He's a deeper blue than the Legends posted, retard.
>>
>>11186688
Wrong
>>
>>11186689
At least you make the shitposting obvious, glad you weren't actually this stupid.
>>
>>11186035
Fuck this looks great. The wide shoulders and chest, narrow waist. The thighs should be a bit bigger but otherwise it's pretty much perfect.

There's really no reason the ML can't look like this. It doesn't have to have the same amount of articulation obviously, but just the proportions. The ML has a rectangle torso and big head and just looks so much worse in comparison.
>>
>>11186688
Sorry, but it is faded compared practically everything.
The skin tone is way too light. The red looks faded. The blue might be deeper than MLs, but it depends on which you compare it to.

You can say it's supposed to be straight out of a badly colored 70s comic, but that's exactly why it reminds me of the 80s Toy Biz figure.

And the thing about comics, they're given shading for dramatic effect, so it looks darker than the literal colors shown. When brought into physical form, it's flat in color and gives the overall impression it's lighter.

Personally, my main Captain America is Ultimate Cap, just because it looks modern, like something Jim Lee did. So i haven't bought a new one in quite a while.
>>
>>11186738
False
>>
>>11186732
i don't really mind the sculpt of the legends figure/s, but the lack of a proper shield on both is 100% a deal breaker for me. cap with no real shield? c'mon. i could look past my other issues with them but that's where i draw the line
>>
Phoenix pack is currently $25 on Target and you get an extra $10 off if you spend over 40 or more on toys. You can get two for $20 each!
>>
>>11186812
It's already out of stock for shipping
>>
>>11186254
POSE THIS WAY
POSE THIS WAY
POSE THIS WAY
POSE THIS WAY
>>
>>11186813
Nope, I still see it in stock in Texas
>>
>>11186812
Sold Out for shipping in my neck of the woods too, but she is available for in store pickup. Target is discounting some newer items for some reason, some brand new Black Series figures that just released are also going for $13 for some reason.
>>
>>11186812
You can also do movie venom and hulk buster.
>>
>>11186877
They were still showing full price for me.
>>
File: Fr2TZAZWwAQQH8g.jpg (426 KB, 1758x2048)
426 KB
426 KB JPG
>SHF engineering, from the FUTURE
>>
>>11186812
Target's site is such a shitshow because it's regional. If it's not in stores, it's not available to purchase online. And virtually nothing is available in stores so...

Here's what I get when I search "marvel legends" on the site:

XMen97 Wolverine - sold out
soap bottle 6-pack
Infinity Saga Iron Man
soap bottle 5-pack
hydro pod Thanos
hydro pod Iron Man
Uncanny Wolverine
retro Multiple Man
soap bottle 6-pack again
Longshot
some chibi Spiderman statue
L&T Valkyrie
AoA Rogue
retro Avalanche
Blue Marvel
Siryn
America Chavez
Wonderman
soap bottle 5-pack again
Black Widow movie figures - reseller
soap bottle Loki
Mockingbird - from over 5 years ago
and then a few more pricejacked reseller junk listings even though the filter says "sold by Target" - everything from Mr Potato Heads and Hero Mashers to $200 Mafex and SHF

TF section looks about the same. Maybe 2-3 actual albeit old Legacy figures on the best days plus the same wave 1 Cyberverse/Earthspark garbage cluttering up otherwise barren shelves at every store. Completely missed the point of having an online store when there's nothing to buy.
>>
>>11186901
Sort by Recently Added. You get better results.
>>
>>11186910
Not really, just the same shit in a different order. Also their search engine has the really awful behavior of ORing results instead of ANDing them.

Also they added this great new behavior where you can't search "TransFormers" and get "TransFormers->Toys" anymore. It goes to the Character Shop instead, where it shows shirts, bed sheets, party favors, and, eventually, toys. But it doesn't let you search "sold by Target" until it's filtered down by department and type. Except it can't do both because it loses one or the other every time. It's like shopping in an Ollies that's loaded by dumping stock from a helicopter hovering overhead.
>>
>>11186921
>ORing results instead of ANDing them
I meant keywords, not results. Makes it difficult to search for, say, "Iron Man" because you get everything with "iron" or "man" in the description.
>>
>>11186863
>Target is discounting some newer items for some reason
How do you retards not get spammed every time you go online? Everyone is doing their Prime Week counter-sales.
>>
>>11186921
>>11186922
Yeah, it seems like most website's local search engines have gone to shit over the past few years. Not sure what the deal is. I have been using Google by searching the item name + retailer and, if that retailer has the item in stock, it'll show up. I get better results that way than just searching on Target or Walmart.

>>11186924
I stopped paying attention to tha shit a few years ago when everyone realized how shit Prime Day or whatever actually was. They just raise the price on items a few days prior to Prime Day only to "mark them down" to whatever they were the past month. I didn't even realize it was this week until you said something.
>>
>>11186901
I sometimes get different Legends if i search for "Marvel Series" instead of Marvel Legends.

Anyway, it's unavailable for shipping near me, but is in stores. I'm not interested enough to go though.
>>
>>11186254
Call me crazy but I actually like that iron spider concept design over the final.
>>
I think I'm giving up on domestics. I can't stay up until 4 am anymore to wait for the super secret deals to drop. Getting too old for this shit.
>>
>>11186953
It's a week long deal retard
>>
>>11186957
Not him, but it sold out on the website pretty fast, and they rarely do restocks there. If he doesn't have a local target with it on the shelf, then he is screwed. Its always been a problem with Target and their 3am bullshit.
>>
>>11186961
>but it sold out on the website pretty fast
It was never live on the site, you stupid cunt. It was always local in-stocks, you stupid fucking idiot.
>>
>>11186035
Looks to flat. Cap always looks better with a wash so his chest scales stand out more.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (109 KB, 1407x786)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>11186963
Nope, wrong. There is proof it was available for shipping at some time. Stop acting like you know everything.
>>
>>11186966
That's someone nearby going to the store and picking it up you absolute fucking idiot. Like DoorDash, not SHIPPING. Stupid fucking zoomer cunts.
>>
>>11186966
Oh, wasn't aware it was Marvel Legends. Gross.
>>
>>11186969
>Delusional lunatic sees the SHIPPING dot highlighted and says this post
Where does /toy/ find these people?
>>
>>11186972
>Order by 12pm, get it tomorrow
That's not standard shipping, anon. I think the guy meant it wasn't available for shipping when this sale went live anyways.
>>
>>11186974
THIS jfc

>>11186972
Some guy DoorDashing it to you because it's nearby is not shipping.
>>
>>11186975
Target does not distinguish, nor does the definition of shipping which just means they transport goods to you. You still get the item delivered to your door, what does it matter to you whether by UPS or doordash?

>>11186974
He probably should've just said it isn't the "standard" method of shipping then, but he had to throw a tantrum.
>>
>>11186982
>what does it matter to you whether by UPS or doordash?
Because it's only local, so you get the same results as a local pick up. Retard.
>>
>>11186970
Yeah no one is going to put a Mafex Phoenix on sale, it's too good.
>>
>>11186983
It isn't the same as local pick up though as the person doesn't have to go to the store. Much more convenient and still either follows the $35 rule for free shipping or is free for red card people.

I assume you mean the real distinction is it was never available to you because it happened to sell out in your local area before this was offered.
>>
>>11186985
>he doesn't know the difference between DoorDash and a shipping warehouse
>>
>>11186986
There's no difference to the person receiving the item
>>
>>11186987
There is when it comes to whether it's available for shipping. You're too stupid to explain this to, I'm done.
>>
>>11186988
To the person it is available to, there is no difference. Again, I assume you mean the real distinction is it was never available to you because it happened to sell out in your local area before this was offered.
>>
>>11186966
to overnight a package via shipping would cost more than the figure does. are u okay?
>>
>>11186990
It's all free to me as I have a red card. You can also get it free with a $35 order. I wouldn't buy it any other way.
>>
>>11186984
>it's too good.
Funny joke
>>
You dumb cunts will argue about fucking anything huh? Inb4 that one guy accuses me of being involved with this drivel.
>>
>>11186931
>I have been using Google by searching the item name + retailer and, if that retailer has the item in stock, it'll show up. I get better results that way than just searching on Target or Walmart.

I try that sometimes but got away from it because the cache must update only once a day or something. Everything that says in stock on Google is actually out of stock on the actual website.

>>11186957
The length of the deal period doesn't matter when everything new or good sells out in minutes.
>>
>>11187012
I mean it's not a huge deal since I preorder pretty much everything on BBTS so it's mostly exclusives that I miss out on. But it would be nice to occasionally find something in a store or order it online without a 6-week wait like it's fucking 1975 with mail-order catalogs.
>>
>>11187016
Yeah, it's the one time having insomnia and not being able to sleep throughout the night is actually useful. So I'm able to catch a lot of these deals.
>>
>>11186996
>still missing what people are saying
>>
>>11187005
>Joke
Where? All I saw was a capless post.
>>
>>11187024
I just said if you had to pay shipping for it then dont get it
>>
>>11187012
>>11187016
Civilization is collapsing, we see it in other areas rather than just luxury goods like action figures--but you used to be able to easily order figures and they wouldn't sell out in minutes. It was relatively easy to find figures and even good ones would hang around in stores or get restocks. Only the top of the most desirable ones would be rarer.

You wouldn't have empty pegs a mile long because a store could afford to order a good bit and have them in the back for restocks.

This is just a result of corporations feeling the same squeeze the average consumer is and being risk averse. They won't make a lot of product anymore since they risk ending up with angry retailers who can't move it and might even have to do buybacks or cover the retailer to put it on a deep sale. The retailer is also risk averse and doesn't want to order much for fear of getting stuck with a whole wave of peg warmers. I don't think retail action figures last much more than 10 years or so.
>>
>>11186050
I can actually stand up the Mafex Thor without him falling down due to awkwardly sculpted cape plastic, and he has the hammer swing effect. i think at this point the Legends team is capable of putting out the perfect silver age Thor though.
>>
>>11187073
ofcourse theyre capable of making good figures, theyre a multi billion dollar company. Its just that they wont because they need to milk their line somehow by releasing subpar figures and only making incremental improvements. They want this line to last for 50+ years.
>>
>>11187077
It won't. Most of the people that buy it will be elderly in 20 years. Marvel Legends ends by 2044.
>>
>>11187078
What if there is a new Marvel project that starts in the late 2030s after the collapse of the MCU and ends up really popular?
>>
>>11187080
Zoomers and Aoomers don't buy action figures. Period.
>>
>>11187088
Boomers (2030s) might.
>>
>>11187098
Boomers 2: Return of the Boomers
>>
>>11187078
If only hasblo would die earlier.
>>
>>11187173
Hasbro will just pivot to whatever they can make money off of. Don't sell Flubber or Javelin Darts now for example.
>>
>>11187073
Skill, issue. The Legends Thor is pretty good, if the Mafex was a bit bigger I would agree with you. But tiny Thor is a tough sell, I will say I almost grabbed him when he was $25 on HLJ a month or two ago, but they corrected the price before I could.

I'll agree with you that 95% of the time <aged is vastly superior. I don't deny that. I have like 20 of them at this point between their Marvel and DC stuff. It's just that sometimes, MLs are so good that they're almost comparable. Especially considering the price difference.

I'll never understand why some of the people in these threads get so butthurt over people actually liking MLs. It's the worst case of "stop liking what I don't like" that I've ever seen.
>>
>>11187196
They want either Hasbro to make better figures so they can buy them or they want Hasbro to lose the license and someone better to get it. Basically they are unhappy with the market as the market has led to Marvel Legends.
>>
>>11187216
This. Hasblo legends are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to toy lines. Literally every other toy line has a strength, but legends, doesn’t have anything other than the brand’s popularity.
Say what you want about mcfarlane figures (I personally don’t like them) but at least they are loaded with sculptwork and paint.
Legends suck dick. Bad sculpts, outdated articulation, lack of paint, and in most instances source material inaccuracies (i.e. manlet Danny Ketch Ghost Rider-Boy). Just shitty figures.
>>
>>11187250
Not saying Hasbro is good by any means, but what's the alternative? Needs to be a massive enough company with deep pockets to produce in the worldwide volume required. McFarlane is out since they have the competing IP with DC, Jada is way too small a company and can't get more than 10 figures out per year, who is left? Jakks Pacific, Spinmaster, Jazwares are all way worse than Hasbro.
>>
>>11187261
Hasbro is good, though. They've done an incredible job over the last decade or two.
>>
>>11187250
>Say what you want about mcfarlane figures (I personally don’t like them) but at least they are loaded with sculptwork and paint.
Not anymore really. Pre-2023, sure.
>>
File: Headie_knight.jpg (682 KB, 750x1041)
682 KB
682 KB JPG
>>11187264
>>
>>11187284
Proportions look like shit on most of them and the articulation is often even more outdated than Legends. They will also never get the Marvel license as long as they're in bed with all the WB licenses.
>>
>>11187250
Your opinion isn't reflective of what everyone else thinks. The line wouldn't be so popular if it wasn't good.
>>
>>11187334
Legends are only popular in the states/canada. If it isn’t fan channel it will end up in ollies/ross. The only people that buy that slop at full price are genuine retards, and there’s a large concentration of them in the states.
>>
>>11187357
>If it isn’t fan channel it will end up in ollies/ross.
Only shit no one wants or is overproduced. You'll never see 97 Wolverine at Ollie's.

>The only people that buy that slop at full price are genuine retards, and there’s a large concentration of them in the states.
Ah, you're a turd worlder who thinks $100 is a lot of money. Your opinion doesn't count lol.
>>
>>11187357
Most waves are fan channel now because stores dont want to risk another black panther/Age of apocalypse/eternals/etc
>>
>>11187363
>you're a turd worlder who thinks $100 is a lot of money.
Wrong on both accounts. I, on the regular, buy imports/third party. Just the other day I po’d a third party 1/12 matt reeves riddler. I probably make more than you too.
>>
>>11187371
Sure you do Ivan.
>>
>>11187367
Apparently the comic-only waves are fan channel, but apparently retailers specifically want waves that are either a media tie-in like MCU or X-Men 97, or are built around a big name character like Spider-man or Iron Man. We're probably going to see more MCU pegwarmers at retail.
>>
>>11187284
There’s still wrinkles in the suit/gloves. This is a pretty poor example considering the costume is meant to be basic, 1940s first appearance Batman.
>>
>>11187374
Be sure to pick up the trash from my house garbage man, you forgot last tuesday.
>>
>>11187300
I know it's you Heady Brock
>>
>>11187383
I'm not going to do your chores. Your mom asked you to do it, not me.
>>
>>11187300
You're such a whiny baby
>>
File: 20230503_170607.jpg (58 KB, 700x835)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>11187250
>Say what you want about mcfarlane figures (I personally don’t like them) but at least they are loaded with sculptwork and paint.

Why do you lie like that?
>>
>>11187395
I will never understand someone who whines about Legends but then in the same breath will praise McFsrlane. It's gotta be trolling, right?
>>
>>11187392
the only baby here is that moon knight cause he has a big ass head and tiny arms like a baby
>>
>>11187400
Has to be. Most those things are hideous with large diaper crotches and monkey arms. They still haven't ever done any pinless joints yet either have they?
>>
>>11187375
Haven't retailers figured out it was the MCU waves that pegwarmed, with a few exceptions like AoA (which Dan forced apparently).
>>
>>11187377
>Wrinkles in the suit and gloves constitute " loaded with sculptwork "
kek

Like 80% of the stuff they're putting out now is just reuse of plain costumes like Blue Beetle buck
>>
>>11187395
So easy to cherry pick. Why don’t you post a picture of a spawn figure or one of the deluxe figures like swamp thing? Or how about the painted penguin and not this stupid grey colored one. Is it because it will not follow your narrative?
>>
>>11187407
You'd think so but big corporations tend to look at their marketing research indicates and not what's actually happening in stores, and their research says movie tie-ins always sell even when there's evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>11187408
At least there is some sculpt to it, unlike sunfire. Listen I don’t like mcfartland figures, stop making me defend them.
>>
>>11187416
>Cherry pick
All McFs are like that.
>>
>>11187424
At this rate the X-Men (MCU edition) wave with Storm, Gambit, Angel, Iceman, Kitty, Jubilee, Omega Red, Mister Sinister BAF will end up selling at like $6 each.
>>
>>11187424
I feel like they should at least know that say MCU wave X sold poorly, MCU wave Y sold poorly, Comic wave A sold OK, etc.
>>
File: Untitled.png (19 KB, 865x946)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>11187300
>>
>>11187614
to the average marvel legends collector, this is perfectly fine.
>>
File: 20200214_180447.jpg (275 KB, 1200x2469)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>11187416
Those are all just as poorly sculpted and painted. The Spawn figures are ESPECIALLY bad with solid cast colors and no washes.
>>
File: 20231117_113933.jpg (375 KB, 1500x2872)
375 KB
375 KB JPG
>>11187416
>>
>>11187645
It looks like the S shield is melting lmao. Are there people here really crying about Hasbro and praising these pieces of garbage?
>>
>>11187654
They're both bad
>>
>>11187667
Hasbro isn't nearly as bad as McFs. Keep coping.
>>
>>11187669
anon is right, they are both pretty bad, neither can do headsculpts right and if they do, its usually a movie variant. It just seems hasbro and mcfarlane rush their sculpts cause of the deadlines.
>>
File: IMG_1756.jpg (64 KB, 662x603)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>11187614
>>11187630
KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE MAKE THIS THE NEXT OP PHOTO
>>
>>11187669
I've seen horrible, decent and good examples of both. But they're both bad.
>>
>>11187669
McFarlane actually are imposing and not short crap made for American manlets.
>>
>>11187673
you okay buddy?
>>
>>11187640
>Barbie doll ass looking head
>>
>>11187300
>no pins
Basedbro. Fuck Todd and his ugly pins.
>>
>>11187672
>>11187677
>>11187680
I'll say, I get way more MLs than I do McFs, but when I do get McFarlane figs I'm always, in some way, mildly disappointed with them. If it isn't the range of motion, it's the articulation scheme, terrible feeling joints, or theankle ratchets that never seem to ratchet into an upright pose just right. Meanwhile, while I do have my complaints about Hasbro, it isn't nearly as frequent as with McFarlane's. And that's when I generally buy more Hasbro product than McFs.
>>
>>11187395
>let's look at this from less than an inch away to criticize it
>>
>>11187734
That's what you're doing with Legends.
>>
>>11187736
Uh no? How is criticizing a figure’s overall silhouette the same as zooming in on a face?
>>
File: IMG_9058.jpg (1001 KB, 1290x2097)
1001 KB
1001 KB JPG
Mcfarlane makes nice megafigs that go on clearance. Hasbro doesn’t make nice big figures that go on clearance.
>>
>>11187915
Maybe because Hasbro's aren't borderline statues.
>>
File: IMG_9061.jpg (624 KB, 1290x1138)
624 KB
624 KB JPG
>>11187933
Wut?
>>
You faggots are autistic holy fuck i don't tell this to anyone on this site but you guys genuinely need to get out and have sex.
All of you.
>>
>>11188057
Alright
Bend over
>>
hell yeah.
>>
>>11188062
Oooooh I didn't mean with me, but if you insist :3
>>
>>11188065
way to dox yourself retar.
>>
>>11188065
Just got Cap in today and he may just be my favourite comic Mafex yet. Looks better than the promo pics and feels so good in hand.
Since he did look better than the promo pics I decided to quickly snag a last-minute PO for DD too. Still think he looks a bit too slim but I'm expecting him to also feel better in hand
>>
>>11187752
>overall silhouette
You mean the Daddy Long Legs syndrome every single McFarlane figure has?
>>
>>11188065
Oh, I'm hoping Amiami charges me for DD soon. I'm excited for him.
>>
>>11188121
That’s better than this >>11187614
>>
>>11188170
>>11187614 is an over exaggeration and you know it. Meanwhile Todd's love for long legs has been an issue with the line since it started and has been a constant criticism. I can't believe we have people in here whining about Hasbro and defending fucking McFarlane of all companies. The company of platinum chase variants, side eye, and $40 collectors edition waves.
>>
>>11187614
shoulders still too high
>>
>>11188173
Your bias is showing hasbitch. Low shoulders, wonky legs and big head have been an issue for legends for a while. Long arms and legs is a common trait for fighters,meanwhile most legends look puny and not heroic.
>>
>>11188196
>Your bias is showing
Pot calling the kettle black
>>
>>11188200
no need to bring race into this dude, wtf
>>
>>11188200
Never claimed to like mcfarlane figures. I don’t, but between the two turds mcfarlane seems more polished.
>>
>>11188212
You clearly haven't gotten to many McFarlanes.
>>
>>11188246
All I’m saying is that there’s clearly more work done on mcfarlane figures compared to smooth bright plastic legends. I’m not saying the work done is good work,most of the time it’s not, but again, there’s more sovl compared to marvel shitends.
>>
>>11188257
>sovl
Opinion discarded
>>
>>11188109
Kaiju Daddy put up his review. His appeared to have quite a few mars/nicks in the paint.
>>
>>11188121
I'm sure Daddy Long Legs would need to be a BAF. He's like 3 guys tall.
>>
>>11188257
>All I’m saying is that there’s clearly more work done on mcfarlane figures compared to smooth bright plastic legends.
You obviously haven't bought many McFarlanes. I mean, sure some of the sculpts are nice but they're treated as statues first without much concern for articulation. 22 points of articulation doesn't mean much when they all have a limited range of motion and look kinda bad. And sure they all started out with customized sculpts but they rand out of money and were forced to used those customized sculpts in awful ways like unpainted boot sculpts on characters that shouldn't have them. They never really made plain bucks like Legends did.
>>
>>11188257
>All I’m saying is that there’s clearly more work done on mcfarlane figures compared to smooth bright plastic legends.
Not lately.
>>
File: Legend killer.jpg (59 KB, 894x837)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>11188332
>22 points of articulation doesn't mean much when they all have a limited range of motion and look kinda bad.
Yeah legends have less articulation and on top of that they look bad. So pick your poison I guess, but all mcfarlanes have toe hinge. If hasbro released picrel it would have been $80+
>>
>>11188346
Ok, that's not the DC line though. McFarlane skimps on the budget with DC compared to pretty much every other line he does. Not nearly enough paint compared to his other stuff. Nice strawman.
>>
>>11188347
Comic books are woke why should it matter
>>
>>11188347
>strawman
>>11188200
>>
>>11188196
>Long arms and legs is a common trait for fighters
The women maybe. I like some of Todd's stuff really, but there's hardly any variety at all with height. He will stretch out a figure to hit that 7 inch mark.
>>
>>11188363
"Pot calling the kettle black" is not a strawman. It's an idiom used to point out hypocrisy. A strawman fallacy involves misrepresenting someone's argument to make it easier to attack. In contrast, the idiom is more about highlighting double standards rather than misrepresenting someone's position.
>>
>>11188346
>toe hinge
Is really overrated unless it's a martial arts character. And at 7 inch scale toe hinge just makes it fall over quicker.
>>
File: 11030854p_m.jpg (31 KB, 292x320)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>11188065
Nice. Looks like everyone has them now. Looking forward to getting my 2.
>>
>>11188374
I am calling your blatant double standards as hypocritical. Calling that sketch an over exaggeration while in the same breath saying that mcfarlane figures legs are lanky is hypocritical. Instead of contesting that point you decide to bring up the “pot calling kettle black” idiom thus making my argument easier to attack. I am just calling you out on your hypocrisy.
>>
File: gross.png (735 KB, 1580x1580)
735 KB
735 KB PNG
>>11187614
This is exactly how the ''new'' 90s Spider-Man looks like
>>
>>11188388
Also, most McFarlanes don't even have thigh swivel.
>>
>>11188411
Why do autistic people believe they're only always arguing with one person?
>>
>>11188447
That shoulder gap is rough.
>>
>>11188447
Human shoulders don't work like that.
>>
>>11188388
>toe hinge just makes it fall over quicker
oh its you again with your ridiculous theory
>>
>>11188514
As someone who owns mcfarlanes, the toe hinges are useless because the figures can barely stand with 2 feet flat on the surface, let alone with one foot down and the other balanced on a toe hinge.
>>
File: 1704138697825307.png (452 KB, 750x750)
452 KB
452 KB PNG
finally got one and it broke. right arm at the bicep.
anybody know any tutorial or video to repair this?
>>
>>11188741
Perhaps you should learn how they do joints nowadays before handling your figures. Not trying to be mean or anything. Watch youtube reviews or something.
>>
>>11188741
Your first mistake was not buying the figuarts or waiting for the mafex.
>>
>>11188748
Great idea. Break an even more expensive thing.
>>
File: spoderman.jpg (1.61 MB, 2577x3513)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>
>>11188746
3 dips in hot water and the thing was still stiff. rotating the bicep broke it. what is it that I don't know at this point?

>>11188748
so I have a more expensive repair when they break or have to go through their channels to ask for a replacement and hope the new one doesn't break? that's so dumb.
>>
>>11188757
nta but I always use a hair dryer for that sort of thing.
>>
>>11188741
It's actually not too difficult of a fix. You just need a tiny screw to replace the broken peg. Look up Billy Mahoney on YouTube. He has a bunch of tutorials on how to fix many comman breaks, including this exact one. Ignore the shitters in this thread. This shit happens with a lot of lines if you're not careful.
>>
>>11188757
>>11188765
i like sticking things into my freezer

plastic shrinks, breaking contact with other plastic/paint that was causing it to stick. let it defrost for half an hour and check if it's unstuck, and usually don't have to do it more than once.
>>
>>11188757
I bought one from the first run and it also had extremely tight joints. Heating didn't really do much for mine either and I haven't messed much with it since. Keep meaning to apply some shock oil to it
>>
>>11188780
Doesn't that make it brittle as all get out?
>>
>>11188792
yes, hence letting it defrost for half an hour.

You could use both heat and freezer too. Minute in hot water and then stick it into the freezer for two hours. Plastic expands. Plastic contracts. Everything is loosened to maximum effect.
>>
>>11188748
Both of those suck though.
>>
File: download.jpg (114 KB, 866x400)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
Found my old Super Naturals Carnage toy the other day and I realized the head they used was from a Ghost Rider figure just repainted.
>>
>>11188942
I wonder why they did that
>>
>>11188956
Because they did that all the time. Mish-mash of parts and pieces to make new figures was very, very, very common with Toybiz.
>>
>>11188956
Save money.
>>
>>11188942
Did you just use the wrong picture of the Ghost Rider figure, or is that bigger than it looks, cause that Carnage is like 12 inches
>>
Got my first ever Mafexes delivered today, as well as the target Warbird. I didn't check any reviews for Warbird beforehand so was surprised at how short she was. In terms of head size, body proportion she fits in more with the female Mafex I just got than any ML
>>
File: 1728361408008.jpg (1.84 MB, 3000x4000)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
>>11188741
UPDATE
I did the repair but ran into some problems. the screw I wanted to use was too long and I didn't have a bolt cutter so I had to use this shorter black flathead. I'll have to buy a cutter or just ask to do it in the hardware store. still a pretty good looking figure.
>>
File: 1728362056210.jpg (2.01 MB, 3000x4000)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>11189075
there's some gapage due to the long screw. the black one is still a bit too long.
>>
File: 1728362295562.jpg (1.99 MB, 3000x4000)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
>>11189079
>>
>>11189075
>I'll have to buy a cutter
I don't know how into the hobby you are, but look into a cheap Dremel. I bought the 7300, and a cheap kit, full of bits and more importantly here, cutting discs.
If you're into the hobby, you'll also be adding a customizing tool to your arsenal.
Just a suggestion.
>>
File: 1728362735015.jpg (3.72 MB, 3000x4000)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB JPG
>>11189082
next to my Homecoming Spider-Man. to this day after all these years no issues or breakages. imagine that.
>>
File: 1728363612522.jpg (3.38 MB, 3000x4000)
3.38 MB
3.38 MB JPG
>>11189098
>>
File: 1728363723356.jpg (2.44 MB, 3000x4000)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
>>11189105
what gets me is that this was my last preorder or 2023, finally got it today and it breaks. never ever gonna preorder anything again.
>>
Where are his sleveless arms? Where's the Hugh head?
>>
>>11188966
they used to resize the molds
>>
>>11189154
Coming with the Final Battle Edition in late 2025
>>
>>11188942
Pretty sure that's Vengeance, which was weirdly a popular character for toylines in the early 2000s. He was like the designated Ben Reilly or Thundercracker of Ghost Rider figures.
>>
>>11189154
This >>11189183
You think Bandai would ever pass an opportunity to DLC mine their figures?
>>
File: hi7gkeai4nr91.jpg (103 KB, 755x1014)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
When are we getting the best Captain 'Murica?
>>
>>11189308
>retards still don't understand biceps and shoulders
>>
>>11189265
Yup, they will double-dip. Fortunately I kind of like the sleeved look.
>>
>>11189079
Nice! Glad you fixed it. It really isn't a big deal to repair that kind of break. That Billy Mahoney channel has some nifty tricks on there. I can't recommend it enough.
>>
>>11189075
Honestly glad that worked out out for you. Like mistakes like that are how you learn.
>>
>>11189112
Where'd you pre-order from?
>>
>>11189228
Definitely a repurposed Vengenace head. That probably wouldn't fly today with Disney-occupied Marvel, but back when Marvel and ToyBiz were pretty much the same company no fucks were given, lol. The good ol' '90s.
>>
Anyone know where I can get a nice custom head sculpt for the retro She-Hulk? Painted preferred but unpainted is also fine
>>
File: 1615696642122.jpg (31 KB, 600x600)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Would the new bushwhacker make a good eddie brock base?
>>
File: mafexavengers.png (1.77 MB, 1366x764)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
very happy with how these turned out in the end.
>>
File: RCO002_1663981312.jpg (291 KB, 652x576)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>11189645
They match in size exactly how I like.
>>
>>11189645
Cap looks the best imo. I'm just wish they figured out w better way to handle the torso than just cutting up the stripes. Why not put the torso cut where the blue meets the stripe?
>>
>>11189645
if anyone I think the mafex ironman helmet is a bit big. Maybe is CT Toys ever do one we'll get a scaled down head.
>>
>>11189648
If you like that then you shouldn't like Thor being that short. Iron Man in his armor used to be listed at 6'6, which matches Thor's height. Cap should be a fair bit shorter than both of them. Either way Thor is too short.
>>
>>11189648
>chinese Beast in the rain
Goddamn have mercy on poor Jarvis. Also IM nose phase was something eh.
>>
>>11189645
Personally glad we're seeing more shield wearing features
>>
File: s-l1200.jpg (194 KB, 900x1200)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>11188956
That doll sized line went pretty crazy with recycling but by the same token they churned out any character they could with the parts so I ended up picking a few up back in the day like the Union Jack.
>>
File: f528tuopge481.jpg (236 KB, 640x1162)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>11189768
>every company had their 12'' figure line
>Todd had to made his 13'' because he's special
That said those 12'' Spider-Man movie figures were pretty cool, specially Doc Ock.
>>
>>11189805
Matte finish and proper well-done paint is what makes something a collectible. That old 1995 era mold shines compared to the glossy huge version. Although at least it is still painted properly, unlike today's toys.
>>
>>11189805
I miss the Toybiz rotocast figures
>>
File: RCO001_1664010081.jpg (521 KB, 1041x1600)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
>>11189665
Nah, they are pretty much depicted as all the same height in early comics and the 3 mafex aren't far off. It works for me. Hope they do vision next and scarlet witch.
>>
>>11189846
bless mafex for sticking to source material
>>
>>11189846
Well, glad you like it, though I'd sooner use interiors as a reference.
>>
>>11189930
No way is Hawkeye taller than Cap...
>>
>>11189930
I should add that this is off, at least based on silver age stats, but is more or less how I see their silver age selves. IM seems to have shrunk over the last few years, and Thor probably a bit taller.
>>
>>11189653
the whole figure would be scaled down would it not? their other figures have been smaller than normal right?
>>
>>11189930
I will never understand how the armor makes Iron Man so much taller. Same goes for Vader but his armor at least is pretty bulky and you can argue that his mechanic legs are bigger.
>>
>>11189946
Yeah, they're a bit smaller.
>>
>>11189934
I'm pretty sure the official stats are 6'3 for Hawkeye and 6'2 for Cap, so ya...
>>
>You put up a highly desirable $50 figure at $35 and then add an additional sale on top of that to drop it to $25.
>You do it at 3AM to assure almost no one without a bot would get one.
>Predictably, figure sells out within hours at every store in a major metropolitan area.
>You make negative profit.
>You make fans mad at your store and they complain in reviews, as their pick up orders are already sold out before they get there to pick them up.

What was Target's endgame here?

And no I didn't have a dog in this fight, I already preordered elsewhere.
>>
>>11189308
The personification of the 1990s comic book industry.
>>
>>11190037
You make it sound like a good thing
>>
what are some coomer friendly figures of storm, rogue, emma frost, black cat, black widow, psylocke and phoenix/jean
>>
File: GZZOU21WUAIwObI.png (1.33 MB, 788x866)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
Mephisto in fortnite. Guess Dan hinting at it is true. They're going to try and salvage the failed Haslab figs in 2025.
>>
>>11189994
>And no I didn't have a dog in this fight, I already preordered elsewhere.

Same. I have it preordered with BBTS.

But I really hate Target's online storefront. The inventory is regional, so if your local stores never have anything, well fuck you online too.

Some days...I know it's beyond the scope of some Marvel toy thread but...I am so tired this slow collapse of civilization. Why does it have to be so difficult to buy a stupid action figure at retail? I work 60 hours a week and all I want is a $25 figure now and then to make me feel like maybe it's not for all for nothing. Is that really so much to ask?
>>
>>11190227
That's bullshit. I went to the target that is 20 minutes from where I live and it had things on shelf that were listed as not available online.
>>
>>11190227
Yeah Target has somehow become more of a pain in the ass than Walmart to pre order your stuff. Like, I pre ordered the new Venom but right before he shipped, I had to cancel and reorder him because something happened to the card I was originally using. But, because Walmart has somehow gotten it's shit together, it was literally not issue reordering Venom and I still got him at the same time everyone else did. Meanwhile at Target, I've had multiple in store pickup orders cancelled, items I pre ordered as soon they went live get backordered and then cancelled, and then all the aforementioned late night solicitations going live at 3am. I somehow managed to grab a Warbird without much hassle but most recently I tried to grab the new SS86 Optimus with that $20 off discount and had two different orders get cancelled on me, despite ordering them at 5am, one of which was an in-store pick up. Shit is so goddamn tiring.
>>
>>11190186
>two of the three figures from the failed Haslab have been released with changes to their design and shelf-warmed.

>thinking Mephisto is gonna be an exception.

Lol
>>
he's gonna rape my other figures isn't he
>>
>>11190280
he's gonna rape you bro
>>
>>11190280
Nah. Even at Giant Man size, it evens out to just small dick instead of microdick.
>>
File: 1694229224865904.png (61 KB, 219x264)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>11190280
>OH HI JANET
>>
>>11190254
Why are you saying obviously untrue things that most people know are untrue? The Goblin Queen never went to clearance and is very hard to find, even though her wave had a second production run. Daimon Hellstrom released a few weeks ago, ergo he literally cannot shelf warm. Also, while the Goblin Queen changes (even from her cartoon design) are regrettable, Hellstrom looks unchanged, aside from having pinless limbs. So, if anything, he's an improvement from the Haslab design. What a baffling attempt at trolling.
>>
i'm out of the loop, what the fuck is haslab?
figures that are more expensive while looking just as cheap as regular hasbro shit?
>>
>>11190331
Figures they know won't sell as much if mass produced, so they try to market it to serious collectors for a limited time release. Quality varies between great to cheap repaints to overpriced for no good reason
>>
>>11189977

6'2 bros...not like this
>>
>>11190280
Holy shit that is frightening
>>
>>11190280
>>11190302
Is it a big joke? Did they make him look like a psychopath on purpose?
>>
>>11189934
why not
>>
>>11190426
Anon that's Pym, he IS a psychopath
>>
File: cttoys.png (1.42 MB, 770x768)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>>11189946
Yeah That's why I said, if they did one, you could take the helmet off a CTToys IM and put it on the official mafex and it would probably look better.
>>
File: giantman_scale_shot_1.jpg (223 KB, 1950x1950)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>11190426
No, he's supposed to look better with softer lighting and a bit of distance. Funny enough, here's another pic with Capt. being a manlet
>>
File: fafasf.png (155 KB, 245x443)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>>11190429
Toybiz design, my beloved
>>
>>11190280
Think they are finally shipping this week. Just got another e-mail.
Congrats to the other 13,888 backers. Sad we didn't get the skrull head, wanted that more than the zombie one, but honestly I'll probably just have him angry all the time.
>>
File: imscaledown.png (3.43 MB, 3840x2621)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB PNG
>>11190429
Like this
>>
>>11189805
Toy Biz made 10 inch big figs.
>>
>>11189930
This looks like end of Bronze age/start of modern age. Just before IM got the SC armor, which was what, late 1985? Just after Secret Wars I?
The mafex look like they are based on 60's/70's.
>>
>>11190437
Pin head. Just because you have a tiny melon doesn't mean everyone else does. Tiny head tiny brain.
>>
>>11190536
I'm just going off the art. The helmet is usually the same size as his deltoids. The larger Helmet is obvious more realistic because he had a normal size head inside, but the proportions don't match the old art.
>>
I didn’t preorder the Mafex DD, but it just looks too good, luckily I got one on amiami
>>
File: 20240408_203045.jpg (1.13 MB, 2453x3787)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
>>11190551
Yeah. It looks great. The only thing I was dissapointed about at first was the white billyclubs, but then saw he comes with the red as well so its perfect.
Dusty buckcap just has to hang in a little longer.
>>
>>11190280
Imagine having this in your house. It looks like its ready to come to life due to its overwhelming taste for human flesh.
>>
>>11190551
>>11190569
I just paid Amiami for mine yesterday. Hoping he gets shipped out today so I can have him by Saturday.
>>
>>11190569
I don’t think he comes with red ones
>>
>>11190576
Nuts. You're right. I just saw extra red things in the packaging, but turned out they are just alt pouches. Guess I'm still gonna need to re-paint them then. Not the end of the world, but that knock it down a peg.
>>
>>11190569
>>11190576
Yeah, it doesn't. Dude confused the removable sheath with clubs.
>>
>>11186041
Problem is the late tax on the ML. Might as well get the MAFEX at this point.
>>
>>11190610
You can't take latecomers tax into account when comparing prices. In a few weeks/months Mafex Cap will also shoot up in price. It's just the way it is. Plus the ML has a slight update with the Secret Wars version that is coming out.
>>
>>11190610
This makes no sense, there’s an updated ML version coming out soon
>>
>>11190551
I’m on the fence; I’m not a huge daredevil fan but he does look really good.
>>
>>11190616
Me neither, I never thought I would spend more than 20 dollars on a DD figure, but it looks really fun and there is a huge FOMO with mafex
>>
>>11189930
the art is shitty so the chart is invalidated, sorry I don't make the rules
>>
>>11190280
Marvel and Hasbro, stop doing my boy Hank Pym so dirty.
>>
>>11190615
>Secret Wars version is equivalent to the 20th anniversary
you're right, both have dogshit shields
>>
>>11190620
>>11190622
For me it was never a question. I preordered the Mafex immediately. I've always had a particular attachment to Daredevil since I'm visually impaired myself. I have a umber of DD figures, one of my favorites being the con exclusive 12in ML from a number of years ago. That one was always cool to me because, on the box, they printed the figure description on the back in Braille. I kept it because I always thought that was cool and even dug it out years later, once I learned how to read Braille myself, somi could read the description. It was neat.
>>
>>11190626
The SW one comes with TWO shields
>>
>>11190431
Which Cap fig is that shield Cap is holding? It's definitely not the one it came with.
>>
>>11190661
Probably a le based MAFEX one.
>>
>>11190661
Actually I do think it's the one he came with, just with the holes photoshopped out.
>>
File: IMG_3056.jpg (458 KB, 750x909)
458 KB
458 KB JPG
The mafex is actually taller than the legends. That’s a surprise.
>>
>>11190763
god i hate the RYV buck so much.
>>
>>11190770
why tho?
>>
>>11190777
the overall proportion is just so bad, seeing it side by side a mafex just makes it even more pronounce. The over done muscles and the overall silhouette of the figure makes it look so unheroic and just screams "why am i daredevil*sad face*?"
>>
Anyone got a picture of the ML head on the Mafex?
I prefer that head
>>
>>11190854
the big bulbous head wearing lipstick?
>>
>>11190853
>"why am i daredevil*sad face*?"
That is pretty much Daredevil, to be fair.
>>
>>11190763
The Legends actually looks good, but the Mafex is near perfect, and it isn't a goddamn Pulse exclusive.
>>
>>11190763
>people were calling the Mafex a tiny lanklet
>ends up being taller with a more superheroic V-shaped silhouette than the ML
Funny how that turned out.
>>
>>11190853
For me it's the steroid injection thighs.
>>
>>11190926
Yeah, I don't think the Legends looks bad at all, but as you said, the Mafex is nearly perfect. And the fact that the ML is locked behind a three pack and is a Pulse exclusive really hurt it. Honestly, it's why I skipped it, despite wanting Daredevil. Ended up working out for me since I've got the Mafex coming as soon as Amiami mails it out.
>>
>>11190926
>>11190763
There's a fuckton of Daredevil MLs, is that the one in the three-pack with white robe Elektra and weird costume Bullseye? That's like double gatekept if so, being forced to buy a three pack from HasPulse. Personally, I'm more disappointed that the best looking DD is 12 inches and even more of an exclusive.
>>
>>11190998
Yeah this figure is fucking great. It's the one I was talking about earlier that has the box with Braille printed on the back. Such a cool exclusive. Even though I don't display my 12in stuff anymore, I'm glad to have it. Maybe I'll display some of them again when I move to my new house.
>>
File: dd.png (543 KB, 766x768)
543 KB
543 KB PNG
>>11190763
Oh wow. It really is big. Figured it would be the same height as the buckycap, but guess it's even slightly taller than that.
I wonder how he'll look next to bulleye. That's the only DD villain I own.
>>
>>11190998
>Personally, I'm more disappointed that the best looking DD is 12 inches and even more of an exclusive.
This. I don't get why we can't just get this downscaled and retain all the accessories it had. They can even take the unique parts and upgrade the body to match modern engineering.
>>
>>11191083
> I don't get why we can't just get this downscaled
>They can even take the unique parts and upgrade the body
So you just want an entirely newly tooled body for DD. Not gonna happen when he's basically just a blank body and they already have many to choose from.
>>
File: 1629113884655.jpg (16 KB, 297x179)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>11191046
>Oh wow. It really is big.
>>
>>11190763
mafex design is straight up Gene Colan's DD
>>
Think we'll see any rereleases/alt costumes of this daredevil next year or should I just pony up for the mafex? I kinda like the sculpt on this better overall and with the aftermarket heads it's a better figure than the mafex to me
>>
>>11191087
>So
Did I fucking stutter?
>>
>>11191176
You just answered your own question anon.
>>
>>11191176
Jealous of that head. Had I the money for Mafex, I would have splurged
>>
The Cabal 3 pack sold out new on Amazon. I chose instead to buy an import rather than 3 inferior figures, only 1 of which I wanted and another I wanted a little and the third I did not want at all. I do not regret my decision. Hasbro, you will only have your small, captive team building audience with multi-packs.
>>
>>11191203
It's not the mafex. It's the RTX Project head
>>
>>11191241
Thanks for the blog post.
>>
>>11191269
Thank you for reading my blog, anon.
>>
>>11191241
Wish MAFEX would hurry up and do a Doctor Doom.
>>
>>11191196
And we're telling you it'll never happen with Hasbro. Too many bucks that are alread y'close enough' i their eyes
>>
>>11191007
Wholesome posts, anon.
>>
So I should get Daredevil on Friday. Anyone else?
>>
>>11191673
End of the month for me. Cap is on the way though.
>>
>>11191348
Like I said, did I fucking stutter? Saying "never" doesn't mean anything in this case, especially when Hasbro has proven they can do right by plenty of characters as of late. Also people constantly asking/complaining for things in the line have worked before.
>>
File: IMG_3057.jpg (282 KB, 750x960)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
Third party yamaguchi style daredevil.
>>
>>11191683
Also to add, it's not that I'm asking for a "perfect" Daredevil, it's just me asking for something more than just the usual naked buck. I have plenty of those kinds of DD and I have the Mafex ordered just for that. But when picrel can exist, it tells me that Hasbro is fully capable of making a regular DD that has modern stylings.
>>
File: DDBA-1-e1700665526232.jpg (223 KB, 756x721)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>11191685
This would work great in armored DD colors.
>>
>>11191241
Faggots like you weren't the audience. It was 100% for people who missed out on Doom and Taskmasters previous releases. Iron patriot will get a a single card release sooner or later.
>>
>>11191732
You can't assume the reasons as to why anyone buys a set of figures. For me, the main draw was Iron Patriot and Taskmaster since I didn't have them already, Doom ended up being nice too though. People buy things for whatever reason they want, don't assume anything.
>>
>>11191752
>Does exactly what previous anon said
>you know shit about me!
Goddamn
>>
>>11191732
I missed out on Doom and Taskmaster's previous releases. But I didn't want taskmaster too much and didn't want IP at all. Seems like the pack was for me but I passed due to it being a 3 pack.
>>
>>11191973
Should've grabbed it when it hit discount.
>>
>>11191982
You forgot the >*slips cum*
>>
>>11191995
No
>>
>>11191982
It never went to 40 dollars which would be the max I would pay for Dr Doom, 25, Taskmaster, 15, and Iron Patriot, 0.
>>
>>11192019
Then you didn't want it enough. Sucks to suck. If you wanted Doom bad enough you should've got one of the previous releases.
>>
NGL glad I stuck with my orders for Daredevil and Captain America. Was getting a little worried with how shit the prototype images were looking. Now I'll never need another version as they're definitive.
>>
>>11190763
Usually Mafex get shit on for their bucks looking anemic, but this time it's the ML that looks too anemic. They have roided out hero bodies but they always look way too small and inappropriate for anatomy.
>>
>>11192088
I never thought that the RYV buck was right for Daredevil. I said it when the three pack was announced, but the mold they used for the classic Black Panther they did a year or two ago would've been perfect for DD. Glad I went for the Mafex, can't wait for it to get here tomorrow.
>>
>>11192023
I am not really disturbed as I didn't want Dr Doom bad enough and the older ver had horrible leg movement due to the tunic length. I am more disturbed I ever considered the 3 pack given its low value per dollar.
>>
>>11192132
>Low value to dollar
To you maybe. Good thing Hasbro doesn't cater to just you.
>>
File: shelf bait.png (714 KB, 1100x726)
714 KB
714 KB PNG
Todd's probably gonna regret putting out this glut of Marvel statues when they just shelfwarm and they harm his ability to sell stuff to retailers due to that.
>>
File: 20241010_143829.jpg (1.64 MB, 2133x3242)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
CT toys out here keeping it real eating Mafex and MLs lunch. Jk but seriously Mafex is just ok with this? Do you think they will do anything to stop CTs blatant copying of their figures? I feel like these are getting so good they will start to care. Brown Suit Wolverine is going to start shipping in Nov.
>>
>>11192341
If Wolverine, Hulk, Cap, Spider-Man, Venom, and the magnetic Old man don't sell, at least they didn't waste development on less popular characters.
>>
>>11192341
These all look terrible so it's not a surprise they're shelf warming. Really don't even know why he did these unless it was just to try to get his foot in the door with Marvel.

>>11192345
I still need to actually get my hands on one to pass final judgement, but judging from the paint, they seem just ok. A bootleg is a bootleg.
>>
File: IMG_3058.jpg (151 KB, 750x745)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>11192345
CT toys is on a roll. Here’s hoping they release mafex amazing spiderman 1 one day. According to this poll it might become a reality.
>>
>>11192377
Honestly, Mafex 001 is so old and antiquated at this point, that I would either hope they'd outright update the figure, or just skip it. It would be a waste of they just did that 10+ year old figure without properly updating it. It was fine back in the day, but now it's just too old.
>>
File: IMG_3059.png (912 KB, 1334x750)
912 KB
912 KB PNG
>>11192387
I honestly think the figure holds up, looks good in dynamic poses, but yeah in a neutral pose it looks weird.
>>
>>11192366 The paint on my CT is somehow better than my original 185 Mafex. The only real issue is the size. In scale with the others, you can only use it as a teenage spidey
>>
>>11192366
>Really don't even know why he did these unless it was just to try to get his foot in the door with Marvel.
Hard to say because Todd's thing is statues, so these kind of are the main event to him, not articulated stuff
>>
New thread:

>>11192408
>>11192408
>>11192408
>>
>>11189645
Man, Mafex Thor looks like shit

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.