[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fr0m4ouo0vvc1.jpg (949 KB, 5109x3790)
949 KB
949 KB JPG
14.8 seconds of airtime edition

>Last Thread: >>2637085

>What is this thread? Why are there two generals?
/rcg/ was initially created as a way for the roller coaster enthusiasts on here to discuss all things roller coasters and theme parks. While roller coasters are the main focus of these threads (and the title of the general) there is also discussion on other theme parks, their rides, as well as the parks themselves and trip planning too. That's where /tpg/ comes in.
>Can I talk about Disney/Universal parks in this thread?
Absolutely! Disney discussion of all sorts including rides/resorts/dining/trip planning is OK.

Thread Tip Pro: When in line for a coaster with a bunch of normies, feel free to autistically infodump to them every single iota of information you know about the ride you are about to go on: opening date, manufacturer, # of inversions, stats etc.

Roller Coaster Database:
>https://rcdb.com/

Amusement Park News Sites:
>https://www.themeparkinsider.com/
>https://www.screamscape.com/
>https://www.coaster101.com/

Disney Park News:
>https://www.wdwnt.com/
>https://www.wdwmagic.com/
>https://www.allears.net
>https://www.mousesteps.com
>>
>Permits for work at Journey into Imagination have been filed
>Two rumors right now are "Abridged remake of the original using the current track layout" or "Just slap Dreamfinder into the current ride and have him replace Eric Idle and call it a day"
>>
File: GLxAKhnbUAAwLlR.jpg (297 KB, 1314x1130)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
Plans for a new coaster at shanghai Disney. Rumours are it's an inverted Spiderman coaster.

Looks like Lifthill to a backwards launch then a forwards launch but I can't follow the layout.

Wonder if this will also be the layout of the new coaster for DLP
>>
File: IMG_0410.jpg (24 KB, 474x248)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
Tram accident at Universal Studios Hollywood leaves 15 injured
>>
>>2648804
https://wdwnt.com/2024/04/pteranodon-flyers-closed-indefinitely-at-islands-of-adventure/
>>
>>2648828
How hard is it to drive a tram? What an idiot
>>
>>2648836
Really bummed they made that kids + parent only, never got a chance to ride it due to the insane queues.
>>
File: 20210604_163447.jpg (4.5 MB, 4032x3024)
4.5 MB
4.5 MB JPG
Rank B&M coaster types.
1. hyper
2. giga
3. flying
4. wing
5. dive
6. surf
7. floorless
8. sit down
9. inverted
10. stand-up (old)
>>
>>2648808
>Permits for work at Journey into Imagination have been filed
I'll believe it when I see it.
Remember the "Play Pavillion"?
>>
File: aacylna.jpg (172 KB, 973x650)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
$0.02 on RRR
Replace the trains and 80% of the troubles of that coaster go away. They fixed SD2000's problems, no way it cant fix this.
The other 20% get fixed by better using the station size (double loading?) and capacity gets a boost.
>>
>>2648837
Apparently there was an issue with the brakes and it struck a rail.
>>
File: 1696364440657044.png (950 KB, 700x700)
950 KB
950 KB PNG
>>2648861
How easy would it be to implement the screens on new trains?
>>
>>2648860
>communicore plaza has now got an opening date
>look up what it actually is

A meet and greet, a second "weird flavour" food place and a stage that will probably be empty after the first year.

I was kinda expecting Innoventions lite...
>>
>>2648869
It was going to be that multi-level Festival Center before COVID cuts. COVID's also why Play Pavilion is dead and buried.
>>
>>2648873
and why the moana walkthrough attraction took four years to open.
>>
>>2648864
I'm guessing it depends on the restraints.
How much weight does the entire sound system add would be a more pressing question imo.
>>
File: 20210906_070101.jpg (2.49 MB, 4032x2268)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>>2648861
I don't think the ride is that bad so I don't understand the complaints about the trains really. My biggest gripe is the constant block brakes that are there to help with capacity issues, but I think the overall layout is really cool. It really adds to the skyline of the park and area (especially when viewed from City Walk).
>>
>>2648804
https://youtube.com/shorts/53Rpudky3nI?si=CNdWkVFSWNMGbI7P
>>
>>2648861
B&M's significantly longer (and heavier) trains wouldn't be able to navigate RRR's layout safely, and would also make maintenence on the vertical lift hell. Plus the greater height in B&M's seats might force the park to add an absolutely retarded height limit like SD2000 did. While 185cm might be an acceptable limit in an island of manlets like japan, that wouldn't fly in any country with normal-sized humans.
>>
>>2648838
I rode it with my kids. You’re not missing anything. The only thing I remember was standing in line for an hour in 95 degree heat.
>>
>>2648840
Hyper/giga
Inverted
Sit down
Wing
Dive
Floorless
Surf
Stand up
>>
>>2648926
I just posted B&M trains for SD2k because that's the poster child of a train converted coaster. If I were to name a manufacturer to make/adapt trains to this, I dunno, Gerstlauer?
And stop being disingenuous, the height limit for SD2k is because of the tunnels it has.
>>
>>2648861
ETR’s video highlighted a lot more wrong than just the trains. I didn’t know they fired Mauer and finished it themselves. Or that the track has a white stripe in parts where the wheels would wear out the paint but the wheels don’t touch because it’s a piece of shit. The track has shit profiling and that valley risk after the non inverted loop is just poor design. They shouldn’t pour any more money into this piece of garbage. And they won’t, they’ll tear it out and put a Fast & Furious Intamin in its place
>>
>>2648926
The Steel Dragon 2000 B&M trains were custom made. They could probably custom make a short train with 2-across seating. Would they want to though? It would need onboard audio too. And the touchscreens if they replicated that aspect. But the track isn’t fine, it would need work and at that point you might as well buy a replacement coaster.
>>
>>2648975
still not watching your shitty video retard
>>
>>2648997
I don't watch videos by:
Coaster Studios
El Toro Ryan
TPR

Anyone else I'm missing?
>>
>>2648997
I don’t care. Rip Ride still sucks. It won’t be there in 5 years
>>
>>2649017
People said that literally a decade ago
>>
>>2648840
That's Diamondback at Kings Island, isn't it?
>>
>>2649018
I don’t remember anybody saying that 10 years ago when it wasn’t even 5 years old yet. They didn’t even have the metal detectors yet. If it was going to be around for the long haul they wouldn’t have reduced the song selection to 5 songs (plus secret)
>>
>>2649023
>I don’t remember anybody saying that 10 years ago when it wasn’t even 5 years old yet.
Skill issue

>If it was going to be around for the long haul they wouldn’t have reduced the song selection to 5 songs (plus secret)
Two unrelated things
>>
>>2649021
You can see Mystic Timbers in the background and Orion banners. So I’m going with no.
>>
>>2649017
Two more weeks!
>>
>>2649024
>Two unrelated things
Nah, it’s the writing on the wall. Otherwise they would have paid to license as many songs as there was before. Its fate is sealed but the Simpsons area overhaul is their next priority in that park.
>>
>>2649035
>Otherwise they would have paid to license as many songs as there was before
No, licensing music is unrelated to that
>>
Lads, I had enough credit card points for a free HHN ticket so I will be attending for the first time during my trip next year. I think I'll buy the Express Pass because I know it gets packed. But I'm going on a Wednesday in September, far away from the peak days hopefully.
>>
>>2649012
ETR's problematic coasters videos are actually pretty good, though. His Loch Ness Momster and Drachen Fire videos went into detail about how Arrow designed and built coasters as well as how a coaster actually tracks train locations to trigger a block check, and the Superman Ultimate Flight one goes over how B&M flyer trains work.
>>
>>2648804
My brother went to six flags with his girlfriend not too long ago and he went on two rides the entire day because of lines.

something has to change.
>>
>>2649067
I've seen most of them and it's still mostly surface level content or stuff I already knew so I lost interest. He gets lost in minutiae often. At least he's not a manchild like TPR.
>>
>>2649012
Defunctland
>>
>>2649222
>Defunctland
Lol, forgot about him. No loss there.
>>
>>2649012
Haven't seen a TPR video for a new coaster in a while, do they no longer do things or has the algorithm downgraded them? Still the only option for some defunct coasters as they were one of the earliest to do good quality povs on lesser known coasters. Always turn the sound down if I have to watch one.

>TRIPLE HELIX WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OMG THE LATERAL G'SSSSSSSSSSSSS

(on a crazy caterpillar)

Disney food blog is my guilty pleasure, just wholesome genuine excitement over a really specific subject and some of her guides are genuinely good to give to people trip planning.
>>
>>2649228
>do they no longer do things or has the algorithm downgraded them?
I do not know, haven't seen a video of his get recommended to me in years and years. I presume he does but there's no reason to look when there are a thousand other guys out there doing the same thing better and without facetious WHEEEEEs and corny jokes in every vid.

These days I'm more into smaller thoosie YT accounts, and most of them aren't big enough to get invited to media events or the park's permission to film on-ride POVs... but I'd rather watch rough cuts of people enjoying their trip to a park than spergs sperging out about it.
>>
>>2649243
>when the top PoV for a ride is just some random guy on a cameraphone with his kid and they're both just having a fun time on a day out.

Usually happens on lesser known log flumes or fun fairs. Always bring backs childhood memories of childhood trips to parks..
>>
>>2649228
I like Super Enthused. I don't usually like vlog style theme park videos, but hers are very comfy. And her husband is the guy who makes the Expedition Theme Park videos and those are great.
>>
>>2649213
>TPR
Do you mean the theme park predictions guy? Theme park recommendations or whatever he’s calling himself now? Or theme park review? The latter hasn’t made a video in years. The TPP guy is annoying and his predictions are awful but he seems to be nice family guy. I watched his carowinds opening day video to see if I was in it since I was there the same day and it wasn’t bad. But I tried to watch a pigeon forge video of his and had to turn it off it because it was terrible.

ETR’s problematic series usually has some good info though. The advertisements are annoying and his coaster idiots videos are annoying.
>>
>>2649309
Forgot about Theme Park Predictions but he's a faggot in his own right.

>Or theme park review? The latter hasn’t made a video in years
I got excited and looked but the last upload was a day ago

>ETR’s problematic series usually has some good info though.
Again though most of it is surface level and he'll go on too much about minute/boring details.

>coaster idiots
Truly awful but it's for zoomies so that's expected

>Ads
Get an ad blocker ffs
>>
Also, does anyone care about ACE anymore? 20+ years ago they were the only real club for enthusiasts, now they seem completely irrelevant as there are a multitude of similar clubs and if you become modestly popular on social media you get invites from parks to attend special events. ACE members were mostly annoying and extremely aloof in my experiences so it's not like anything of value would be lost.
>>
>>2649321
If theme park review is still around, the like/comment/subscribe isn’t working in their favor. I get recommended all the others mentioned here like Super Enthused etc but I haven’t seen TPR in years. How do they have almost 2 million subscribers? Airtime Thrills still hasn’t hit 100k.

I didn’t mean ad spots, ETR has in-video product promotions. He does go into autistic detail on the technical aspect which can put you to sleep. It’s worse in his earlier videos, I couldn’t even finish them. The WDW space mountain one is peak autism. The block zone layout is insane.
>>
>>2649321
>he'll go on too much about minute/boring details
That 30-minute video sperging about how much electricity Red Force uses was just awful, and I normally enjoy when he dives into the technical details.
>>
>Get your last Rockit rides in, before this thing is gone Fast.
https://twitter.com/AliciaStella/status/1782778739178586390
>>
>>2649338
Agreed, I turned that one off. The RRR video was good though. Now there is a rumor making the rounds on theme park sites that it's closing next year. Is this just because of his video or are they hearing it from elsewhere? He does occasionally get insider information so maybe he timed it like that, but there was already a rumor from January that RRR is closing Q1 of 2025 (plus it will be 16 years old which was the age of Hulk when it was closed to be entirely re-tracked).
>>
>>2649371
Wild rumors go hand in hand with thoosies. And it's always been that way.

>plus it will be 16 years old which was the age of Hulk when it was closed to be entirely re-tracked
So?
>>
>>2649370
Is that a troon? They have accurate info but they kinda look like a troon. This also implies F&F will get cloned here but that conflicts with the Ghostbusters rumor (same Intamin mode but Ghostbusters)
>>
>>2649370
I'm sure RRR won't be around much longer. And something based on Fast and Furious that's actually good is probably better for the park. I like the coaster though. My dad said he felt rattled a bit, but I didn't feel that at all. I like it a lot more than Hulk and I think I'll miss it.
>>
>>2649375
>So?
So they have previously removed 3 roller coasters of similar age? Counting Hulk as a removal since they even removed and replaced the supports. None of which were as poorly received as RRR. No major issues with the tracks or supports or footers, unlike RRR. These aren't wild rumors, you better go ride it if you like it that much.
>>
>>2649385
>So they have previously removed 3 roller coasters of similar age?
So?
>>
>>2649385
Yes yes, in just two more weeks Universal will definitely close a high capacity ride in a park that desperately needs attractions
>>
>>2649407
>high capacity
Doubt it gets anywhere near its rated capacity. Some of the brake runs are turned off and I don't think it's run with all its trains in a while, even when busy. Opens late often. Closed often, sometimes for hours at a time. Don't think the capacity will be missed much plus they'll have a replacement within 2-3 years. KidZone being closed is a bigger deal. You clearly like this coaster a lot so go ride it while you can.
>>
>>2649420
You are delusional and I also don't understand why this one particular coaster makes you seethe like a petulant child
>>
>>2649012
Expedition Theme Park
Yesterworld
>>
File: 1687372838903205.png (1.41 MB, 1080x1898)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
>>2649370
Figured it wouldn't be around for much longer after they changed the tracklist to only include one choice for each genre.
>>
>>2649428
They should've kept Sabotage. Or at least add it to the secret menu.
>>
>>2649427
>Expedition Theme Park
>Yesterworld
Those two and Defunctland all feel like the same person does them. Stuff normies would watch and then say "yeah I'm into theme parks/coasters."
>>
Sister suddenly threw me a plan to spend May 5th at Disney studios in orlando for her birthday. This happens to be right after the biggest star wars fan day of the year so im expecting it to be slammed. how are the crowds typically on the days following may 4th? Neither of us have been since the star wars or toy story lands were finished.
The park is basically a half-day park anyway so I am more tolerant of long waits, I won't have to worry about cramming rides in. But if it's sardine-packed or if it's going to be reserve-only rides that sell out immediately there's no point. Would it be worth holding off on going until the 6th which is a monday?
>>
64 replies mostly about rip ride rocket. Yikes. Florida bias? Fun Spot’s getting a raptor.
>>
File: 20230923_163724.jpg (2.83 MB, 4000x2252)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB JPG
>>2649490
>Florida bias?
First /rcg/?
Here, have something from my home state instead.
>>
>>2649376
>Is that a troon?
I thought that at first but apparently she's just a lesbian. That aside it's pretty sad that Hollywood can't get anything unique without it getting cloned elsewhere. At least give it a theme other than F&F
>>
>>2649490
>why do people talk about the biggest theme parks on the planet
>>
Pov of Voltron is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o01SNTCMawM

Looks a really fun coaster, flexible multi-launch systems are really starting to let designers get creative.

First time I've seen a setup for a launch that looks like it's only used when a car gets stopped at the blocks. Could see more coasters using this for more seamless blocking, especially for single car spining/wild mouse coasters where having block brakes every 15 seconds limits what you can do.
>>
>>2649541
damn that looks really good, super fucking long too, might go there this summer if i dont make other plans
>>
>>2648804
https://youtube.com/shorts/DMzUv185eR8?si=wcwYxtO3V5QfNjz8
>>
>>2649452
We decided on doing Magic kingdom instead while staying at Cabana bay. I couldn't convince her to just spend a day at Volcano bay or something since the timeframe was on such short notice and nonflexible.
Any recommendations for dining out near the hotel? There's a bunch of stuff on I-drive so I will do research
>>
>>2649837
depends on what cuisine you're into
>>
>>2649837
You're a short free shuttle ride from City Walk so that probably makes a lot of sense. Cowfish and the Chocolate Emporium are interesting places that are good birthday restaurants.

Outside of that, most of I-drive is low quality tourist traps, especially the Universal end. Don't do the Brazillian steakhouse (terrible). The Cuban restaurant in Pointe Orlando is really good
>>
>>2649837
>Staying at Cabana Bay
>Not going to Volcano Bay
Damn shame. Is this a Universal trip you're just tacking a Disney day onto?
>>
>>2649541
The official Pov actually really under-sells it. Incredible theming and they didn't show some of the ride elements. Also the smoothed out mounted cam hides how much the coasters throws you around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg_VBQiGic8&t=4s
>>
>>2649541
>Rimac
HAMMOCK
>>
Today is a media preview for Top Thrill 2 and there are already several videos. The initial launch is forceful, not gradual acceleration like a Mack launch. In all the videos there is a countdown and then it launches, it moves forward for a fraction of a second and then takes off. But it’s not about that launch anymore it’s about the overall new ride experience and it looks great. Can’t wait to ride it next week.
>>
>>2650456
I'm definitely excited to ride it when I go next month.
I'm NOT excited to wander around the park, looking for an empty locker I can pay for 4 hours just so I can get on the ride...
>>
>>2650466
I'm just going to sandwich TT2 between 2 Steel Vengeance rides and leave everything in the free locker.
>>
>>2650466
I'm riding it during a preview event where the lockers are reportedly free. And then I don't plan on riding it again this season because I'm not a fan of 2-3+ hour lines. I think the backlash will force them to provide a free solution next season. A comment on reddit said they were even making people put their apple watches in a locker.
>>
>>2650139
She just threw the plans at me the other day, she wanted to go to hollywood studios and I had to explain to her that it's probably going to be packed because Star Wars day + weekend. So we switched to Magic Kingdom which at least to me is the only full day WDW park still.

Cabana bay simply because we like the hotel in general, we've been there before and the pool is nice. It's a good "staycation" resort especially for the money. Also, no, we won't be going to universal. We've never been before except for Citywalk which is really lame and cramped relative to Disney Springs. But I looked at some menu photos and the chocolate emporium looks like a fun birthday place, you're right. Might as well try that one night

We could still do Volcano Bay, we've never been and it's not ruled out but she was not understanding why we would go to a waterpark when Cabana has a decent pool with a lazy river + slide. I guess she doesn't care about much else.
>>
>>2650517
Weird hearing about someone staying at a Universal hotel multiple times without ever going to the parks, but it is one of my favorite hotels, so I kind of get it. Volcano Bay is definitely worth doing in my opinion, especially since you can walk there from CB, but if you're just looking to relax or save money outside of the Disney day, I guess it's skippable. I'd look into doing it for future trips at least. It's easily the best water park I've been to.
>>
>>2649541
Apparently this just valleyed and they cancelled season pass preview.
>>
File: 20240425_161407.jpg (1.88 MB, 4032x2268)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB JPG
The drone show here is actually a great idea
>>
>>2648804
https://youtube.com/shorts/iTJzB8i81IQ?si=I1ic7n4-o5CN02Pc
>>
>>2648900
>>2649550
>>2650543
fuck off
>>
File: Super Disney World wip.png (402 KB, 872x1200)
402 KB
402 KB PNG
uhh showed this on /co/, but here.
>>
>>2650533
>Weird hearing about someone staying at a Universal hotel multiple times without ever going to the parks
Staying at hotels and not going to any parks was common for us, being cheap Floridians. My parents have been to Universal and I don't really have a desire to go without them.

But yeah I really want to try Volcano bay some day. Only waterpark I've been to so far is Blizzard Beach which I really enjoyed.

>>2650554
That looks awesome so far
>>
Tokyo's Buzz Lightyear ride is getting a Wreck It Ralph reskin
>>
Anyone ever worked at a theme park? How was it? I’m out of options for decent jobs in my hometown, and I’m thinking of just saying fuck it and going to work for Disney World or Universal in Orlando. I worked as a lift operator at a large ski resort for a year, and I imagine it would be a similar experience.
>>
>>2650951
I presume you mean a full time position, like maintenance? If you're just going to be a ride op then please consider any other options
>>
>>2650951
Sounds like an awful idea because you either have to live in the area (horrible) or commute through the area (horrible) just to be a peter pans flight ride operator (horrible)
But if youre lonely you could possibly find girls easily doing that
>>
>>2650845
Just Tokyo is what confuses me. DL NEEDS a total reset.

Btw what does /tpg/ think about small world being in Tomorrowland?
>>
>>2650951
Unless you’re younger than 24, I wouldn’t consider it. Not unless it’s for an office job. I worked at MGM on the college program years ago. It’s not a career.
>>2650974
Magic Kingdom staff is even more horrible because they have unpaid “walk time” before and after their shift. Even changing into a costume is off the clock.. other parks you can arrive in costume (or at least that’s how it was when I was there)
>>
>>2650986
>Btw what does /tpg/ think about small world being in Tomorrowland?
I don’t
>>
>>2651041
https://youtu.be/nc_NL6lB0TQ?si=oXZTdYdph1jmofl2
>>
star wars drone show from a baseball team down the road from disneyland. why is disneyland not doing something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKAg7PT3iN8
>>
>>2648804
>>
Holy fuck Disney must be leading the pack in diversity hiring because their parks have gone to utter shit. Brought my dad here and for 3 days I've been trying to get him on Rise of the Resistance. It's been doen 80% of the time I've been here. Down all day while I was at Hollywood studios. Went to a shitty grilled cheese restaurant that had no seating and waited 50 minutes for a grilled cheese and tomato soup on mobile ordering. Waited and hour and a half to go on a kiddie coaster (slinky dog) albeit a decent one, then couldn't go on anything else because wait time were insane. 8pm rise comes back up for the rl first time all day and I wait in line for it to go down as I'm about to board at 9:30pm while I'm shuffled out for 45 minutes missing out on anything else I could've done at the park. Asked guest services if they can do anything; "lightning pass for the next day is all we can offer because rides are not guaranteed." What a shit show. Universal bodies them lately
>>
File: 20240427_094039.jpg (2.02 MB, 4032x2268)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB JPG
>>2651584
Sounds like a skill issue because I've been here for a few days and it's been perfect, hopped on Rise this morning and waited about 15 minutes. Literally cry more and get good fag
>>
>>2651548
One of the few things Paris has is great shows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_72-XE3wV4w
>>
File: 1708341130032845.png (1014 KB, 1269x842)
1014 KB
1014 KB PNG
>>2651548
>why is disneyland not doing something like this?
Probably because of local restrictions for theme parks, hence why it's able to be done in the foreign ones.
>>2651668
Oh wow that looks awesome.
When I went to Disneyland Paris before, they had the "D-Light" show which only used 150 drones compared to the 500 here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af4pN7SJnZA
>>2651611
>hopped on Rise this morning and waited about 15 minutes
How many of the ride elements were actually working though?
>>
>>2651611
>pre show elements not working
>AT-AT blasters not moving
>Cannons not moving
>Kylo and Hux not moving
>Second Kylo not moving
Works perfectly! If you're a blind shitskin with a toddlers iq
>>
File: 20240427_202759.jpg (3.03 MB, 4032x2268)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
>>2651766
>>2651818
Literally everything was working properly except the giant blaster things. Why are you so mad? Fuck off and go somewhere else, faggot. Why to 4 parks yesterday and everything was great. Kill yourself and fuck off to your regional six flags with shitty parking lot coasters. I'm sorry you're mad and poor.
>>
>>2651826
>getting this mad over a kids ride
you're the reason everyone looks down on enthusiasts...
>>
File: orlandov2.jpg (464 KB, 2073x1118)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
We got new speculation maps for HHN based on the inside source chatters and rumors. First up, Orlando. Since the previous spec map, the total amount of speculated IPs has dropped from the usual five to four, losing out on Nightmare on Elm Street in the process. Insiders are saying Universal tried to get the rights to make a house based on the first Elm Street film, that fell through, they started to work on an original storyline involving Freddy, and then they lost the rights altogether, so no Nightmare this year.
This Orlando spec map breaks down into the following house lineup:
>SS24A (IP) - A Quiet Place
>SS23B (IP) - Ghostbusters
>SS22 (IP) - Female-focused Universal Monsters/Bride of Frankenstein specifically
>SS23A (original) - Latin America (trees)
>SS24B (original) - Sweet Revenge
>F&F (original) - Unknown Original (Nightmare on Elm Street replacement)
>Tent 1 (original) - Egyptian/museum-themed
>Tent 2 (original) - Entirely black-and-white house
>Tent 3 (original) - Slaughter Sinema II (speculated by some to be potentially based on 1950s sci-fi B-movies)
>Tent 4 (IP) - Insidious
This new spec map has also lost the previous IP show speculated to be a Harold & Kumar show, so we're back to just having Nightmare Fuel as the only show.
>>
File: hollywoodv2.jpg (473 KB, 2073x1118)
473 KB
473 KB JPG
>>2652014
And here's Hollywood V2. Again, loss of Nightmare on Elm Street from the first spec maps.
>SS15 (music IP) - The Weeknd
>Mummy (original) - some sort of nuclear bunker?
>Parisian (original) - Latin America (flowers)
>Ube Venue (IP) - A Quiet Place
>SS22 (IP) - Ghostbusters
>T-Pad (IP) - Texas Chainsaw Massacre
>Terror Tram (IP) - Blumhouse
>H-Lot T1 (IP) - Female-focused Universal Monsters/Bride of Frankenstein specifically
>H-Lot T2 (IP) - Insidious
Looks like The Purge is back for their stunt show in the Waterworld theater, along with another IP show (possibly Universal-related, given it looks like the Universal logo's framing of the globe).
>>
>>2652014
Sure I read that Jack the Clown was going to feature promintently this year, just as Doctor Oddfellow was involved with almost every original IP maze/zone last year.
>>
>>2652037
Rumor is that this year is going to be a double icon year, similar to Icons Captured, featuring two "independent icons that know of each other but are very independent of each other" and that haven't been a pairing before (so no Jack/Chance). Even the "very independent of each other" makes me think it won't be Jack vs Oddfellow just yet, since they're very intertwined.
Maybe the Director and the Usher for a movie-focused event, given Slaughter Sinema II?
Alternatively, I could see them shoehorning any sort of Jack vs [any other icon], since Jack is just way too iconic by now.
>>
>>2652014
>SS22 (IP) - Female-focused Universal Monsters/Bride of Frankenstein specifically
If they repeat Bride despite already having her house in 2020 and 2021 rather than giving my boy the Creature a house, I'll be livid.
>>2652037
Doubt it. Jack usually comes back for anniversaries. It'd be weird to bring him in this year
>>
>>2652014
I've been to the last 2 HHN's in Orlando, but this year I plan to just move to the area sometime around Sept/Oct.
I've been too overwhelmed with planning for the move to be getting excited for HHN (especially since it's possible I can't get settled before its over), but this spec map actually makes me excited to try and make it. especially the movie theater / museum houses. Haven't seen many like that before.
>>
>>2652044
>If they repeat Bride despite already having her house in 2020 and 2021 rather than giving my boy the Creature a house, I'll be livid.
I'm honestly surprised we aren't getting some sort of Epic Universe/Dark Universe-focused house to build hype for next year, but maybe they're saving that *for* next year to tie into the launch of the park. Feels like a lay-up to get people excited and establish some lore for that land.
>>
>>2652014
>>2652015
>>2652037
>>2652041
>>2652044
>>2652047
>>2652058
If you're over 18 this is extremely sad
>>
>>2652069
I like getting my gf scared and drinking alcohol in a comfy spooky theme park, seethe harder
>>
>>2652085
We're both trans btw.
>>
>>2652014
This will be my first time going to HHN so I'm excited. I got my Express Pass even though I'm going earlier in September, so hopefully it'll be easy to enjoy everything.
>>
File: IMG_4202.jpg (447 KB, 1170x1144)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
I rode Top Thrill 2 four times today. It’s amazing but it’s still 4th overall in the park for me. Better ride experience than the original, it was great. It does rattle though and that’s a bit concerning considering it’s brand new. The sense of speed is unmatched.
>>
>>2651974
>>getting this mad over a kids ride
Correction, a gay ride.
>>
>>2651826
>fuck off to your regional six flags with shitty parking lot coasters
I would rather wait 20 minutes for a parking lot coaster than 90 for Slinky Dog
>>
>>2652122
Ok I really don't care so fuck off already
>>
>>2652122
Ironically, Slinky Dog sits on land that was once partially a parking lot. No trace of it though unlike something like Scream. But they used to have a parking lot wild mouse coaster at animal kingdom where the painted parking lot lines were part of the theming
>>
>>2652757
Dino-Rama was both the best and worst example of "Theme park meta humor"
>>
>>2652567
No. I'll be fucking on. Why are you complaining about waiting an hour and a half for a damn children's ride lol. You're the one who got in line.
>>
File: 1443475984474.jpg (40 KB, 500x360)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>2652069
>adults going to an event literally made for adults
wow yea so cringe... this is a very mature thread for mature adults who ride mature rides
>>
>>2652772
I'm not, I'm the guy that waited in line for 15 minutes for Rise and had a great time with my friends
>>
>>2652092
really cool, how was the launch actually? in my experience LSM launches can be really forceful once they have speed but slow starting acceleration, was it something like that?
hoping to go to the park the next few years but live in europe so kind of unlikely
>>
WDW TRON bros? How is the ride? I've never been on it, will have to figure out how to enter the virtual queue. Does it sell out fast? Can I book it in advance? I'm going this sunday.

Im a pussy on coasters but this one doesnt seem too bad, especially being in Disney im sure its not scary at all. Hopefully smooth too.
>>
>>2652923
The first launch accelerates quickly, much faster than a Mack launch. It continues to accelerate to 74 MPH but it isn’t a gradual acceleration across the length of the track, it has an initial punch. It’s weaker than the original launch obviously but it’s not bad. I would compare it to Maverick, very similar but this uses a longer train and there are two rows of LSM stators.

The ride really gets going when you roll backwards and the other two launches are intense. The overall ride experience is very intense, much more than the original as you spend more time at 100+ MPH. The final launch up and over the top hat is way faster than TTD pulled you over. It’s very intense and quick and has ejector airtime. You’re also higher than the original trains so the heart line is above the original making the twists more intense. It might make some of the GP uncomfortable. The rattle though, people are downplaying it. I thought it was bad and it gave me a headache
>>
>>2653016
One more thing about the rattle. I was talking to people in line about it on my 3rd ride and got the feeling it was an uncomfortable subject.. almost as if everybody knows it's a problem but doesn't want to admit it at the for some reason. Maybe because they're excited to ride it? Somebody on reddit said they "only heard people do so in hushed tones" at the event and I agree with this. The rattle is not good, the ride isn't even officially open yet. The ride itself is fantastic, but I'm concerned about the rattle. It made it feel wild like the train was going to come apart, especially in the middle rows
>>
>>2653015
It's unfortunately very short, but yes, it's pretty smooth. Wake up early the day of to join the virtual queue, there's no advance booking.
>>
>>2653015
It's good whilst it lasts but it is very short. You get on the app just before 7am, then at 6:59am start hammering the refresh so you get a slot as soon as it opens (Tron isn't as difficult to get as Cosmic Rewind). If you fuck up, the queue opens for evening slots at either 12pm or 1pm (can't remember) and these slots are slower to fill (you can't ride twice unless you buy a lightning lane though)

The ride looks worse than it is, the outside bit is right after the launch so it's the fastest point and it's very high up. The launch is fun without being intense enough to be scary and there are no actual drops.

My Disney intensity rankings as a wuss: 7D > Runaway Mine train > Tron > Space Mountain > Expedition Everest = Cosmic Rewind
>>
>>2653024
I don't know what to think. On the one hand, enthusiasts will create a reality distortion field around Cedar Point so that legitimate gripes are ignored or drowned out.

On the other hand mostly young enthusiasts think that some B&Ms are "rough" because they've grown up in an era of mostly smooth rides.

If I had to guess complaints about rattling are probably overblown.
>>
>>2653069
B&M rattle has never bothered me. TT2's rattle gave me a headache but to be fair this was after my third ride in less than 2.5 hours. The original TTD had a slight rattle at the end of the launch and this was also where you saw the track and support columns sway as it shot up the top hat. It still does that but the new track up the spike also has a rattle. Rattle aside, it is not rough at all, it is very smooth. I don't think I'll ride it multiple times in a row again... but I don't expect an opportunity to do that again for a while anyways.

Zamperla's pre-lightning coasters were also higher off the ground and this might be amplifying the shimmy and rattle. I kind of wonder what Intamin would have done for this project? They probably would have replaced all the track and supports but the trains would also probably be shorter and capacity worse.
>>
>>2648804
https://youtu.be/KEt5gpwXW38?feature=shared
>>
>>2648804
https://youtu.be/rK9BI9ZQr9U?feature=shared
>>
>>2648804
https://youtu.be/-DCiemPA8QY?feature=shared
>>
>>2648804
https://youtu.be/UuxJ6nz2WS8?feature=shared
>>
>>2653099
>>2653104
>>2653105
>>2653108
Quit spamming no context links you dumb fucking retard. Seriously some of you faggots are so fucking dumb it hurts my head
>>
>>2653146
I have every right to be here as much as you. Read the paragraph. This isn't just about your stupid roller coasters. Its about amusement parks. Go to Red dit it you're not happy.
>>
>>2653108
>>2653105
>>2653104
>>2653099
>>2651553
>>2649550
please seek canadian healthcare
>>
>>2653146
This place has been pretty pleasant for years until you showed up so if you're in for a war I'll do it.
>>
>>2653166
You're not making sense. Mods? Can you ban this guy?
>>
File: IMG_0491.jpg (384 KB, 1400x600)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
New water/drone show at Universal coming soon bros
>>
>>2648804
https://youtu.be/mmi_E6X-DOU?feature=shared

https://youtu.be/x7cs0og0kYY?feature=shared

https://youtu.be/AESA-FpOSts?feature=shared
>>
>>2649305
Adam the woo had a crush on her but I think she friend zoned him. Hes now friend zoning the OF prostitute. Its sad she sells her body because she could do so much more with her life.
>>
>>2649228
I watch the Tracker family because they were born and raised in the area and had family who worked at Disney plus they follow similar life patterns, having children at the same time I did, ect They're basically me with more money.

https://youtu.be/IRcTRDh6qck?feature=shared
>>
>>2649305
https://youtu.be/IRcTRDh6qck?feature=shared

Disney Springs
>>
>>2648804
Did anyone hear about Busch Gardens Williamsburg? I guess there was a fight that is making rounds on social media.

DeSantis just announced Freedom Month where everything is going to be tax free in Fl so expect it to be super packed everywhere.
>>
>>2649428
I want to ride Guardians because of this selection. I really like all the music in those movies
>>
>>2649530
This.
>>
>>2650546
Stay mad
>>
>>2653200
>>2653201
Stop fucking spamming dickhead
>>
>>2650554
https://youtu.be/2cGfggB-mao?feature=shared
>>
>>2653221
Oh when I say things you don't like its "spam" but you can post "fuck off" twenty times ?
>>
>>2648804
There is a guy here who constantly attacks anyone posting Florida parks even though they're the most popular parks in the world? Do you guys really want this guy to stay around? Seriously? No discussion of The Only Parks that Matter?
>>
>>2653223
You posted the same video twice
>>
>>2653226
No I didn't? I'm sorry you are attacking people who want to discuss Florida parks but since you can't play well with others and act like a toddler, you need to leave already.
>>
>>2653226
Leave.
>>2653146
Leave.
>>
>>2653204
>Did anyone hear about Busch Gardens Williamsburg? I guess there was a fight that is making rounds on social media.
You're not going to believe this, but it was a group of black teens attacking an older white man.
>>
>>2653228
Meds. Now.
>>
>>2653226
You are telling people to "seek Canadian Healthcare " because you're politically against Florida. Go back to /pol/
>>
>>2653232
Leave. Go back to Red dit. Go back. Gooooo
Back. Now
>>
File: sdsd.jpg (60 KB, 900x455)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Can someone explain whats up with the Florida park vloggers like Tim Tracker and Adam the Woo?
I notice they both get lots of dislikes on every video, no matter what the content is. It seems like they have a long history on youtube, and I don't feel like digging into years of drama.
>>
>>2651584
Yeah things have really gone downhill
>>
>>2651611
Were you an on property resort customer
>>
>>2653165
Quit spamming links with no context or explanation. It's not fucking hard. If you can't grasp that you need to blow your brains out. Most people are cool with Disney talk but posting random stupid fucking videos is annoying and retarded. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>2653245
They don't show dislikes so I don't know what you're talking about. Tracker has a vocally liberal wife so that annoys people.
>>
>>2653259
You make a good case for blocking.
>>
>>2653259
They're not random videos. THEY'RE RELATED TO THE DISCUSSION. Your motive is that you don't like Florida. That's your motive. Stop talking to me I am over you.
>>
>>2652789
Hes harassing everyone on here. I think he's from Reddit and said "I'm gonna go troll "
>>
>>2653245
I think they don't like Tim because he's very wealthy and sometimes he gets special treatment from parks.
>>
>>2653266
Hey I reported him. Sorry he is harassing you. I really enjoy your links from YouTube and I love the Florida parks. Not sure if it will do much but hopefully the mods will ban him soon.
>>
>>2653221
Can you please stop harassing people just because you don't like Florida?
>>
File: 20240426_164025.jpg (2.68 MB, 4032x2268)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB JPG
>>2653266
I just spent a week at the Polynesian. I think I like Florida. What I don't like is retards like you spamming stupid fucking links with no context or relevance. If you said "look at this new rumor video, I wonder what will happen blah blah blah" followed by a relevant video that would be one thing. What you do is retarded and you're a spamming faggot.

>>2653285
lmao found the redditor
>>
>>2653300
I’m surprised that drink is still $20. I remember it being $20 many years ago. I told my wife I wanted the pineapple drink but it’s probably $50 now but it was still $20. Meanwhile margaritas at Disney springs are also $20 but they aren’t strong and don’t come in a pineapple
>>
Has Loch Ness Monster reopened yet
>>
>>2653285
Thanks for the support.
>>
File: GMca3cfWgAAH2kL.jpg (104 KB, 680x680)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>2653300
Did somebody mention Florida?
>>
>>2653300
You've said your peice, though, so can you move on? Not everyone agrees with you spamming "fuck off" either. I personally like the videos. It looks from here that you've fixated on him and want to get him banned because you don't like Florida. You need to get a life and grow up.
>>
>>2653361
Anytime, I really hate bullies
>>
>>2653300
Listen, from what I've seen, it seems like you're fabricating things. He's within his rights to share videos as long as they're pertinent. If you don't like his style, you can leave.
>>
How much does Paramount regret selling all their parks to CF?
>>
I have a stupid question that will probably make the disney antis mad for posting... but I just made a dining reservation for Cinderella's royal table at wdw. Holy shit is it overpriced, i just know the foods not gonna be that good, but im doing it for my sisters birthdays and its something theyve never done before so whatever. i got the bday cake add-on too.

But its a 9:45pm reservation and the restaurant officially closes at 10:15. Will they rush people out, or skimp out on doing the princess meetngreet stuff? Is it more accurate to say the restaurant stops taking in new diners at 10:15? The park closes at 10pm also. Just have no idea how super late dinner reservations work out.
>>
>>2653171
Are you retarded? Mods aren’t going to ban someone for saying something mean on 4chan. You’re more likely to get banned for spamming links without context.
>>
>>2653373
0 (zero)
>>
File: megamovieparade.jpg (192 KB, 1400x600)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>Beginning July 3, some of the most beloved stories from Universal’s films will leap off the screen and land on the streets of Universal Studios Florida for Universal Mega Movie Parade – a spectacular celebration of iconic movies E.T., Back to the Future, Jaws, Ghostbusters, Jurassic World, Illumination’s Minions and Sing and DreamWorks Animation’s Trolls and Kung Fu Panda. Universal Mega Movie Parade will be Universal Orlando’s biggest daytime parade to date and combine 13 brand new floats, nearly 100 performers – including dancers, skaters, stilt walkers, poi performers and more – and special effects to create a jaw-dropping experience where guests can relive classic film moments in a whole new way.
>Guests will watch in awe as they see the massive 16-foot Stay Puft Marshmallow Man atop the Ghostbusters float, the colorful Caterbus and giant rainbows on the vibrant Trolls float, a live marching drum line perform the iconic movie score of Jaws alongside a float themed to the film, and – for the epic finale – a Gyrosphere, Raptors and the fierce Tyrannosaurus rex aboard the Jurassic World float – and so much more. Fans should also pay close attention to the parade to see if they can spot additional details that nod to iconic elements from the films.
>jurassic world instead of jurassic park
cringe alert.
>>
>>2653359
>Has Loch Ness Monster reopened yet
Which Florida park is that at? We only talk about Florida parks here.

It’s supposed to open a week from Friday.
>>
I'm going to Busch Gardens Williamsburg for the first time in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to riding all these coasters.
>>
>>2653409
I really need to get back there some day. It's within driving distance of me, but I just haven't prioritized it since I have other parks that are closer. Enjoy a ride on Verbolten for me.
>>
Planning to visit Cedar Point in the last week of August. Crowd calendars predict low crowds, anyone here able to contradict that?
>>
>>2651584
>Went to a shitty grilled cheese restaurant that had no seating and waited 50 minutes for a grilled cheese and tomato soup on mobile ordering.

This is why most people recommend avoiding park food unless it's a decently priced confection like a funnel cake or ice cream. Most park "restaurants" are just overpriced cafeterias (with trays). You and pops could've just walked out to Downtown and gotten a big ass sandwich from Earl or a burger from the black tap. Rise is overrated though.
>>
File: cedar.jpg (245 KB, 1821x1588)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
its better to just look at previous years at the same point than to look at predictions of this year. it will be a good time to go, but with TT2 opening, CP will likely be busier than usual...
>>
bing bing wahoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB1R_zg8HaI
>>
>>2654029
>zero screens in DK coaster

Neat. Shame it's going to have the biggest queues in the park.
>>
>>2654059
bigger than the new Harry Potter ride?
>>
>>2654074
The Harry Potter ride will have 2-3 times to capacity of Donkey Kong (has the latest gen Spider-man tech). The thing which could push up the queue times is being the only ride in the area so people will be less likely to walk away from a longer queue.

DK will be the tamest coaster in the park, is very visible, looks fun for everyone and will probably have a terrible capacity. I'm thinking Slinky Dog and Crush's Coaster levels of insane queues.
>>
File: 1707587215670566.png (1.76 MB, 1275x714)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
>>2654082
>DK will be the tamest coaster in the park
That depends on the intensity of the "Curse of the Werewolf" Mack spinning roller coaster
>>
File: 2.jpg (87 KB, 703x469)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>2648804
Hey I'm thinking of taking my family to one of the neighboring large resorts close to Epcot ...but I want it worth my money...what is the service like, do you have to share the pool with fifty thousand people, ect...does anyone have suggestions
>>
>>2654083
I love that coaster...Busch Gardens? Its what got my kids addicted to coasters. I took them really young on it.
>>
>>2654029
Looks amazing. I really think they should do a Nintendo Wonder type area. That game is really pretty.
>>
>>2653409
How close is it to the colonial area? I'm going there this summer
>>
>>2654082
tamer than the HTTYD coaster?
>>
>>2654098
Neighbouring as in a Disney or non-Disney one?

Offsite benefits:
>Much cheaper
>easier access to cheaper food
>better access to uncommon family rooms (when you need more than 2 queen beds)
>some offer pools that are practically small waterparks

Offside drawbacks:
>cheaper ones attract shitty families or school/college groups
>$30 a day Disney parking
>when they're shitty, they're really shitty

Onsite benefits:
>"Disney bubble" it's a meme but it is comfy and helps add to a first time holiday
>Disney transport, busses, monorail, cablecar. It's pretty great and allows splitting up far more easier
>Extra Magic hours: get at a park for early rope drop and you'll be able to do 2-3 of the busiest rides in the first hour.
>Memory maker, free dining plans and whatever perks they offer your country.

Onsite drawbacks:
>eye wateringly expensive
>you will hate Scooters, they add so much time to busses, busses also can get big queues
>ultimately, the furnishings can be nice but you're probably going to get the same 2xqueen layout you get everywhere.
>>
>>2654112
>continued

Can't recommend offsite examples. I've only 'recently' stayed at the Maingate Lakeside which was insanely cheap with a great location but a bit rundown. For a "a hotel is just somewhere to sleep" type person, probably not good for families. Pools in most hotels are rarely ultra busy but obviously watch out for huge resorts than only have 1 small pool.

Onsite I'd recommend Pop Century. Skyride access (queues look huge in mornings but move at a walking pace so you're not in them long) to Epcot and Studios. 3 pools (albeit with no slides), two of which are usually quieter. Better upkeep than the All Stars and possibly the best Disney bang:buck resort.

>>2654111
HTTYD is Hagrids but higher up and without the SFX elements, DK looks to be like a slower wild mouse although the lever effect of the arm could make it give unexpected airtime.
>>
>>2654120
I was thinking of staying at Floridays. It looks affordable but has an arcade, a big pool, ect. Plus everything looks big and updated. I'd love to stay on site but its out of price range.
>>
>>2654120
I called for pricing over the phone and she forced me to make a "profile" and was asking me a ton of personal information. I told her I'll just check prices elsewhere. She was asking literally everything about me. Customer service has gone to absolute shit.
>>
>>2654112
Even the cheap one is way too expensive for me
>>
>>2654112
>>
>>2654151
comfy
>>
>>2654151
Wow that's a lot. What time of year is this for?
>>
>>2654172
In Two weeks May.
>>
>>2654175
I guess that's when things start getting a little busier. Still seems like a lot.
>>
>>2654176
It's always a bit weird that mid August is the most popular time for British families but it's quietening down at Disney. More bearable crowds, cheaper hotels but unbearably humid weather and insanely expensive flights from LGW/LHR.
>>
Lads, if Lost Continent gets replaced by Hyrule, what kind of Zelda ride would you like to see?
>>
>>2654262
the "ride" will be some kind of interactive dungeon. like a sprawling escape room but difficulty set for children.
>>
>>2654262
>>2654274
Do we think Nintendo would let them just restructure and paint over some of the existing Lost Continent architecture, or would they demand a total bulldoze and build from the ground up approach?
>>
>>2654262
Current rumor is a Mack rocking boat ride apparently, so a Water Temple theme would be my guess. Maybe they'll reuse the water effects from Poseidon's Fury.
>>2654283
Probably not a total bulldoze but definitely more than just painting it over. They'll want it to specifically look like the games if the current Super Nintendo Worlds are anything to go by.
>>
How is Universal Studios Hollywood these days? I haven't been there in 30 years and don't recall it being all that memorable. I've heard they've gotten tons more IP-related attractions since then.
>>
>>2654286
Breath of the Wild Zelda isn't as iconic as Ocarina of Time Zelda and I don't think it ever will be. I think it would be a mistake in the long term. Not as bad as Star Wars land being based on the sequel trilogy, but I hope they go with classic green hat Link.
>>
Man, if it all pans out to have Pokemon in Springfield and Zelda in Lost Continent, it'll be such a smart, money-grubbing move to have a Harry Potter and Nintendo property in each of Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and Epic Universe. Unironically, how does Disney compete with this
>>
>>2654294
I think Disney is still Disney. That will always count for something. Even when right now it seems like most theme park enthusiasts have a lot of good will for Universal and Disney is doing some things to turn them off, it is still Disney World. But I am seriously hyped for Epic Universe and I can't wait to go.
>>
>>2654294
they need a 5th gate and since they no longer care about Walt's vision they might as well make it the next Cedar Point/Magic Mountain
>>
>>2654262
I hope they can keep some of the theming elements. The facade of Poseidon's Fury is fucking awesome. My only real desire though is that they keep my nigga Mystic Fountain around.
>>
>>2654365
They need to figure out a way of making that dark kingdom concept not terrify 6 year olds.
>>
>>2654526
I don't understand all these predictions about disney adding a 'villains park'...
Each of the 4 current parks are based on very broad subjects
MK - imagination
epcot - culture
AK - nature
HS - film making
dark kingdom? - bad guys, within a handful of disney cartoons??

You expect the 5th park will be very specific category, with overlapping bits of the other parks?
I'd love to see a darker theme, but this idea just doesn't seem to fit...
>>
>>2654539
Yeah, the "Just add a Villain Land to Magic Kingdom with a big evil team-up ride as an anchor" concept is just more practical.
>>
>>2654546
There's a good argument that 'all' they need to do is add a Fantasy Springs level expansion to every park. Would a 5th park serve them better than stuffing 3-4 major new rides in each park and meaning that people will probably need more than one day in normal crowds?

The one-in-one-out policy for rides hasn't been great. They also need to embrace the b-tier cheesy rides more. Peter Pan having insane queues isn't JUST down to the capacity. Going back to Fantasy Springs, it doesn't seem like there are any stand-out e-tickets, just lots of neat dark rides (although they seem to expect the Tinkerbell ride to be insanely busy)
>>
>>2654539
>MK - imagination
>epcot - culture
>AK - nature
>HS - film making
One of these is not like the others

That aside, it's a shame the original Imagination ride was never ported to any of the other castle parks. It would have made a pretty great thesis attraction

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.