[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: home.png (767 KB, 1492x850)
767 KB
767 KB PNG
Media litteracy is plummeting and hollywood killed it
>>
File: ttgl chad.jpg (59 KB, 457x560)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Yes. I am missing the point :)
>>
>>198509422
Perhaps the show's writers should read the room before it's too late.
>>
>>198509422
>produce 'The Homelander Show starring The Homelander'
>"no! don't empathize with him!"
>>
>>198509422
WAHHHH!!! WHY WON'T THE AUDIENCE THINK LIKE WE TELL THEM TO.
>>
>>198509422
They are going to absolutely shit on him out of spite to say fuck the fans who like him.
>>
He's going to get pegged
>>
>>198509534
anon do you know what happens to him in the visual novel?
>>
File: Live Homelander Reaction.jpg (66 KB, 1080x1551)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>198509422
I empathize with Homelander because I also work for an awful company and have no friends. He's just like me frfr.
>>
>>198509534
What the fuck could they even do to him in the show?
He is already a mass murdering psychopath that would rape his way through a baby ward at hospital.
He is already been shown as sexually deviant.
The only thing they can really do is give him the same death as in the comics.
>>
>>198509583
>the visual novel
>>
File: motk62ka3ji91.jpg (262 KB, 1280x949)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>make character people like
>you're evil for liking him
>>
>>198509583
He realizes he did literally nothing wrong and then dies while mortally wounding the worldendingly psychotic genetically engineered prototype that was created to counter him
>>
>>198509422
It's not the fans fault that the writer is not talented enough to convey their point adequately :^)
>>
File: file.png (1.35 MB, 1536x873)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>198509595
They're going to Eren Jaegar him.
Have him die like a bitch right before committing genocide on non-Supes.
>>
>>198509640
No, but they want it to be.
>>
>>198509595
Make him have sex with a black man.
>>
File: 2afj15j.jpg (20 KB, 426x288)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Reminder that according to media literate people that these are supposed to be black people
>>
>>198509655
But they have already shown him acting like a baby sucking milk out of tits.
Everyone has accepted that he is a coward baby inside a invincible shell.
>>
>>198509681
>barely intelligent
>invasive
>extremely violent
Yeah, I can see it.
>>
File: file.png (190 KB, 324x271)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
It's really funny because when they try to ruin him now, he'll die a martyr. Truly those noses will never learn anything from their past atrocities.
>>
File: file.png (1.05 MB, 798x800)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>198509660
Reminder the show made Homeboy homophobic as some "Look how evil he is!" moment. He was bisexual in the comic.
>>198509707
I still think they're going to give him some embarrassing death to punish the fans who rooted for him the whole time.
>>
It's just that he's the best written character in the show. He in a slave to his nature, a truly violent thug but with the plausible deniability of having been coddled and designed to be as such. He struggles to be a "good person" without understanding what a person even is. He is probably the most believable "evil Superman" we've had in live action, because he could just as easily be regular Superman, if not for the conditions of his creation. Unlike something like Brightburn, which is just a monster flick.
>>
>>198509787
>some embarrassing death
Why? They would ruin the best reveal. That most of the more horrible shit, including starting the beef with Butcher was done by his insane clone to frame him.
It is a more embarrassing thing for him to die like that, Especially having a supe Butcher be the one to do it.
That have all been warned off from pulling a GoT by how everyone agrees that spite endings to attack online trolls never really works out in the shows favor.
>>
>>198509787
Of course he's going to get an embarrassing death, he deserves one. He's objectively a terrible person, he has no concept whatsoever of the value of human life, any life.
>>
>>198509422
You might be right Starr, but I don't think I'm going to derive my standards of what is good behavior from a guy who acts like a typical Hollywood douchebag, gets into bar fights overseas and uses my wealth to get out of it.
>>
>>198509881
He got an embarrassing death in the comic after that reveal. He gets mutilated then Butcher sticks his hands in his brain and insults him before he gracelessly dies in agony, and after alienating everyone that still thought he was a hero by attacking the White House.
>>
you're supposed to idolize karl urban who does everything for his wife's son you idiots!
>>
>>198509881
>spite endings to attack online trolls never really works out in the shows favor
lmao
>>
>>198509816
Omni-Man is better because he literally is a deeply moral and heroic person but his noble goal is "stop earth from getting blown up" and his method to achieve this goal is "utterly conquer and brutalize earth to ensure that it shows no signs of resistance when the Army Of Guys Even More Powerful Than Him shows up and decides whether to blow it up or not"
>>
>Two more weeks until Homelander goes insane! This is the season it finally happens guys!
>>
>>198509951
>alienating everyone that still thought he was a hero by attacking the White House.
I don't think this would universally alienate people
>>
>>198509422
>make based character
>fans sympathize with him
>blame fans instead of asking why you failed to convey your intended message
>>
>>198509978
How many people defend the ending season of GoT? None. Even the "shills" don't bother defending it.
They got burned by trying to out wit youtubers who figured out the ending and ended up botching it.
>>
>>198510082
Sorry, didn't mean to come off as disagreeing. I thought your post was funny because they keep making the same mistake over and over.
>>
File: 1692019053854157.png (1.43 MB, 1024x1024)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>198509422
The media literacy meme is funny because it shows that retards on twitter think that everyone simply doesn't understand media when in reality we all understand what it is and simply don't care about the intent of the seething leftists who make it. Cause is nowhere near as important as the final effect
>>
>>198509583
Is that "The Greatest Story Never Told"?
>>
>>198509422

Well, what did they think was going to happen? They emasculated and ridiculed the would be heroes and only left traditional masculine traits to Homelander and Soldier Boy. Basically they left the audience no other characters to actually like even if they are flawed as fuck.

It was obviously not intentional but if they had not fucked up Butcher character so much it wouldn´t have happened.
>>
>>198510082
>the ending season of GoT
>They got burned by trying to out wit youtubers who figured out the ending and ended up botching it.
I think they simply didn't have it in them what it takes to create a good story on their own
>>
I read somewhere that George C Scott was actually a huge leftist and he played Patton like that because the really thought people would hate the character. When almost everyone stood up and cheered for the Patton in the movie he was fucking pissed.
>>
>>198510010
Omniman is fine but the actual plans of his superiors are retarded. Humans and Viltrumites are physically identical to each other and can interbreed with 0 problems, he even says Mark is essentially fully Viltrumite. Peaceful integration with 0 violence makes way more sense, as does just protecting and isolating Earth from the rest of the universe. Their empire is dying out, they explicitly say there aren't enough of them anymore. They could just rotate years on Earth quietly and leave with their children and they'd have a breeding farm with billions of compatible people. Instead Omniman smashes up an entire city and makes their plans known to the entire fucking world, guaranteeing they can never get the planet to actually join them.
>>
File: 1703841864679901.png (1009 KB, 1080x1104)
1009 KB
1009 KB PNG
>>198509422
>write a sadistic psychopathic superhero villain character
>flesh him out by making him never having had a childhood due to circumstances entirely outside of his control, being forced to laser the political and corporate opponents of his masters instead of maintaining his image of being a hero, and finding genuine appreciation for the first time from people who support his actions
>start crying when people begin to empathize with the character you fucked up writing to be an irredeemable monster
>don't own up to your mistakes and just start calling them the politically-correct equivalent of retarded since saying the actual word is a big no-no
>>
>>198510082
This all could have been avoided if GRRM decided to finish the fucking story he started 30 years ago.
>>
>>198510135
>Homelander
>masculine traits
Anon I'll give you Soldier Boy, but Homelander is a screeching manchild who is obsessed with getting mommy's milk.
>>
>>198509422
stupid cringe series
>>
Haven't seen this show for years
The story arc of the white guy and the black single mom was pretty funny
This show is the propaganda version of something being so bad, that it gets entertaining
>>
>>198510143
That and they were pressured to do the "SHOCKIN TWIST!!!" by the 2 idiots directing.
To recapture the red wedding moment.
They did not expect that people who were invested in to the setting so much would figure it all out. It is why the Sand Snakes and Dorne was such a shitshow as well.
>>
>>198509881
>>198510082
They do it specifically for the spite, not because they're aiming for profit. It's entirely ego.
>>
Is this thread filled with bots or are you faggots that brainwashed that all of your posts are some minor variation on “but the character is based, of course we like him” with little to no variance in structure?
>>
>>198510283
Not in this era now man.
Media has to make money. It is not 2016 anymore. All the DEI fags are being shown the door all over multimedia spaces. Even fucking Disney is backing the fuck down on it.
>>
>>198509422
How do you fuck up a comic book adaptation so badly that the hero/narrator doesn’t matter, the antihero is destroyed as an entity, and the villain becomes the hero?
This isn’t a media literacy issue, this is 2clever/half retards buying and adapting a product they either don’t understand, or for which they have political contempt.
>>
>>198510304
>The sky is blue
>Y R U BEING SUCH BOTS AND SAYIN THE SAME THING
Everyone just likes him bro.
>>
>>198510304
And then there's this clown absolutely FUMING in a thread he hates.
>>
>>198510345
>for which they have political contempt.
Which is fucking funny as shit as Ennis is a fucking commie and has a guy with a hammer and Sickle costume be one of the "good" guys.
>>
>>198510304
He's hilarious. That he makes people I loathe seethe is merely a bonus.
>>
File: DrChud.jpg (77 KB, 948x1024)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>198509422
>Media literacy
this is the hot new libnigger reddit/twitter term, i've been seeing it all over for the last few weeks.
>>
>>198510422
yep. its really funny when you realize people like OP have never had an original thought in their entire lives. they are regurgitation bots repeating faggot phrases they read from a handful of websites
>>
do these morons realize it's easier to empathize with flawed characters because people are flawed?
a character like superman is much harder to empathize with because he's perfect in a way no real person is
>>
>>198510402
That was so they could metaphorically recreate the conclusion of WW2 on the beach, as Ennis is a massive WW2 nerd.
>>
>>198510068
It would pretty universally be seen as a depraved thing, you just don't like the guy currently sitting there. Or maybe the one that was sitting there before. Either way just imagine it was one of the two walking memes you like, and then you can understand why most Americans would be appalled by it.
>>
>>198510520
He is the same sort of commie as Moore is.
>>
>>198510191
Once again that’s a character trait he simply didn’t have in the comics. It’s all well and good to screech about media literacy but the original comics were ‘media’ too, and the showrunners have completely clusterfucked the characters, their motivations, their backgrounds and their actions.
Amazon seems to be completely unable to adapt a property without ruining it. Even Reacher S2 was full of tiresome girlboss bullshit and muh ebil white man caricatures.
>>
>>198510690
Haha no. Show your working.
Ennis happily sells out the essence of his works for money and exec producer credits instead of fulminating quietly in the corner about the corruption of his artistic vision for lucre.
>>
>>198510777
Same as Moore does.
Well at least Ennis has not had a tantrum about non existent plans from Thatcher to minecraft all the gays. Like in the authors intro to V for Vendetta.
That is a plus on Ennis character at least.
>>
>>198510422
>>198510471
> .t profound media illiteracy
>>
>>198509422
Yeah, we get it. He's evil.

The problem is, he's the only interesting character on that dogshit show so of course people are going to like him.
>>
I'm ignoring the point,
like with that balcony scene during schindlers list
>>
>>198509681
i'm really glad i don't understand this "controversy" (started by zoomers playing some shitty game?) i just don't know
>>
>>198510191

True but that´s still better than Butcher being a cuck white knighting her wife´s son so Homelander still comes out as the lesser faggot.
>>
>>198510938
for me it’s the balcony scene in The Pianist. where the comically evil nazi squazzies push that old wheelchair guy off the balcony. borderline slapstick
>>
>>198509422

>Guys, he's EVIL!

As of 2024, what did White people being 'good' ever do for them?
>>
>>198509422
Do people glorify him or just find themselves able to empathize with him? Understanding is no teh same as justifying.
>>
>>198510919
In the comics he was evil, just not as evil as everyone thinks.
And Butcher was also evil, but far more evil than anyone thought. It’s one of the central themes of the books and the smoothbrain showrunners clearly didn’t understand it.
Who’s not ‘media literate’ now Rogen you disgusting fuck?
>>
>>198510422
They found out chuds enjoy things via death of the author, so they decided to embrace 'media literacy' as a response.
>>
>>198509595
He could get cornholed and turn into a flaming homo after being buck broken
>>
>>198509422
Anyone who idolizes Homelander probably doesn't watch the show and just saw him in sigma TikTok or something
>>
>>198509816
Exactly. I don't get why they don't run with it. Instead they will belittle their audience because we didn't "get it"
So it just means they tripped & fell into good writing for him? Or are they going to tell their writers to dumb him down, make him gross or something. "How dare you write a character well where the audience actually likes him!!1!" I won't be watching the new season. They sound like they are letting their retard flags fly.
>>
File: 1713835582688.png (273 KB, 900x573)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>198509681
>>
>>198510422
>>198510471
whats the problem? are you upset that they're not spamming le "DEI"
>>
>>198509422
We should just start accepting all the woke movies but just cheer to the obvious people they dont want us to cheer for in the movie.
>>
>>198509422
I idolize Homelander because he has a mother incest fetish. If only one day in the future we get a hero who's beloved by audiences but also he has sexual attraction to his insanely hot mom.
>>
>>198509534
they have already been doing that, but i do expect them to dial it up a few notches since the election is around the corner. maybe they will put him in a trump wig and have him get put in prison by the AOC character.
>>
>>198509583
>visual novel
it's spelled "comic book"
>>
>>198510071
>being this media illiterate
>>
>>198509422
Half the so called good guys are morally worse than Homelander.
>>
>>198509422
>the bugs are... LE GOOD!
>>
>>198511911
>>198509422
having handsome, blonde-haired, blue-eyed Aryans as the 'bad guys' has such a visceral impact on the audience that they still identify/like the characters regardless of how they're written.

It's an interesting conundrum, they want to shit on Whites and nazis, but the only way to shit on nazis is to have idealized Aryans on screen playing the bad buys. Idealized Aryans are athletic, handsome, charismatic, hyper-competent. When contrasted with the liberal multiculturalist ideal, the sassy obese negress, most people will side with the Aryan. Chinese people will side with the Aryan. Arabs will side with the Aryan.

You can make the White nazi villain a fat obese loser. But then you scramble your 'nazis are a very serious threat' message. How can someone be an obese loser and a serious threat to the system at the same time?
>>
File: 1711272833710329.jpg (92 KB, 1170x1400)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
It's such a jerk off attitude to think there's only one correct interpretation of media while at the same time preaching moral relativism and other cuck bullshit.

Anyone who uses the term is a massive faggot.
>>
>>198510155
Apparently Patton denied that PTSD was a thing and shit-talked soliders coming back from the front that were suffering from shell-shock, so him doing that was pretty true to life.
>>
>>198510324
>has to make money
Not when the Fed can both keep printing infinite money and directly investing in the stock market.
>>
>>198513488
>how they're written.
They're written like regular people, with regular people flaws. Then their seen defending their planet, after the bugs destroying an entire city.
You just think that they're evil, because the director said so. Not because of the actual content of the movie.
>>
>>198509422
Is The Boys actually good? Garth Ennis is such a shit comic writer, that I struggle to believe that anything based on it, could actually be good.
>>
the left when a pedo defines their entire ideology:
>death of the author ;)
the left when the audience identifies with the "bad guys"
>NOOO, MUH MEDIA LITERACY
>>
>>198514783
No it isn't.
>>
>>198509422
It's not media illiteracy. It's hyper-literacy of the motives behind the writing. It's refusing to be brow-beaten. It's going "Oh, you wanna call me evil if I don't bend the knee? Fine then. I guess I'm evil."
>>
>>198509486
Very based. Liberalism is dead, most people haven't noticed yet though.
>>
>>198509422
>litteracy
lol
>>
>>198509610
>what do you mean they don't hate these characters with honour and integrity, they're straight white males and therefore villains. what happened to media literacy?
>>
Leftists are the biggest waste of oxygen on this planet
>>
>all of the people itt that conflate liking a character with idolizing them
Seems like regular illiteracy's the real problem.
>>
>>198509422
I give zero fucks about what the faggot actor wants
>>
File: 1551478816212.jpg (61 KB, 600x518)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>198509422
Its Gul Dukat all over again
>NO, HE'S THE BAD GUY, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO LIKE HIM REEEEE!
>>
>>198515048
It's not dead but has been severely tarnished because of extremists who take it too far. Whether that was purposeful and calculated should be looked into more.
>>
>>198510605
It would have been better if he zapped capitol hill
>>
>>198510155
Patton was assassinated by either the soviets or government agents
>car accident
>>
File: iu[2].jpg (98 KB, 1213x1180)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>198509422
>litteracy
>>
>>198509610
love this guy
>>
>>198509422
>Media literacy is when you agree with my exact interpretation of a work
>>
>>198509422
it's funny because leftoids importing brownoids is reducing the actual literacy of the country. Which means they'll have to make their propaganda slop extremely hamfisted if they want the masses to not misinterpret it.
>>
>>198509422
It's why you don't let untrained children watch adult material. Hollywood didn't make us dumber. The gay curriculum did.
>>
>>198515664
It's an interesting spectacle to witness the realities come true but not in the way the far left expected.
>>
>>198509534
And they always make him more based in the end. Look how much they tried to make you hate Soldier Boy and everyone ended up loving him.
>>
>>198515839
To be fair it's hard to hate a character played by Jensen Ackles
>>
>>198509610
>I am against current thing, or with it if I am told it is doubleplusgood.
>>
>>198509618
He did everything wrong. He only killed the clone because he realized he was robbed out of a life where he could’ve been an actual hero or at least something close to one.
>>
>We could’ve had Black Noir vs Soldier boy kino for the finale
>Instead we get Maeve vs the JOBBERlander
>>
>>198509422
>NUUUUU don't empathize with this character!
Well it's a good thing said character isn't flawed yet relatable. It's also a good thing that said character DIDN'T cut a promo that resonated on a molecular level in every western male with a shred of self respect, and gave voice and articulation to a collective resentment and frustration that has been growing, and growing, and growing, and OH SHI-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtHOmdMkxZk

Maybe next time make the designated protagonists at least somewhat likable? Maybe, if we're not supposed to like Homelander, don't (somehow, seriously, it's an impressive feat) make most of the cast even more reprehensible than he is.

Homelander isn't a sociopath. Homelander is Anthony Fremont.
>>
>>198509583
>anon do you know what happens to him in the visual novel?
It depends on which of the girls you romance
>>
>>198513488
Schrödinger’s Chud: simultaneously an incompetent loser and the greatest threat to our democracy.
>>
>>198514672
He almost got cashiered when he slapped a soldier who’d been hospitalised for battle fatigue and accused him of cowardice.
>>
>>198514783
Comic: shit but good in a strange way.
Show: ditto but minus the good parts.
>>
>>198513488
Even if Homelander was a black woman I would still like him more than the protagonists simply because the protagonists are faggots.
>>
>>198509422
Reminder Soldier Boy did nothing wrong and the showrunners were just seething people liked him.
>>
>>198510155
Turns out conservatives are pretty stupid and gladly bootlick anyone they think is “powerful”. Just look at the way they worship the 45th president
>>
i dont know a single person who watches this sorry shit who idolizes or empathizes with cucklander

this guy thinks too highly of himself
>>
>>198511911
>fascism uses the pretext of eternal struggle through war -- even morally just war -- to consolidate power and ultimately abuse the rights of the people
It's funny how in 30 seconds I can come up with a better shitlib analysis of Starship Troopers than they can, but I'm the illiterate one.
>>
>>198516487
Turns out you're a retard, and your pet niggers are going kill you all the same.
>>
>>198509422
If he feels so strongly then he should quit the show.

Or have the writers kill off his character.

That way he doesn’t get paid for playing a fascist idolized by the wrong crowd.

Everyone wins.
>>
>>198509422
Maybe Hollywood and the internet are out of touch.
>>
>>198511116
>And that wasn't your only sin... was it?
>It wasn't Homelander who hid my wife away all them years. It ever occur to you... the pain you cause sorry bastards like me?
>At the time, it was barely a blip on my radar.
>Tell me, doctor.
>What's your radar telling you now?
>Do what you want to me, but I can't help you. My family would be in-
>Your family's already in trouble.
>Because I'm about to go into that room next door, to your daughter, and I'm gonna bash her brains out.
>And then I'm gonna find your two sons, and their wives, and their little kiddies.
>Your whole fսcking family dies today.
Don't know how you can think that he's meant to be liked, he's just not AS bad as the comic (yet)
>>
>>198509422
It's not wise to force an audience to think a certain way, because soulless or not, Humans still have a sense of individuality. If a writer or artist will not allow room for interpretation, then said art and writing would be considered to be "preachy". When three people enter a room, there will be six opinions when they leave.

To force a person to think a certain way, will only breed resentment, the person must either be convinced or tricked to believe the things that you want them to believe.
>>
File: 1663516259548486.png (281 KB, 400x400)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
>>198509583
>visual novel
>>
>>198509422
Doesn't this guys realises that we're just idiolizing him ironically? It's pretty much just a satirical reaction to the phenomenon of people idiolizing Thomas Shelby unironically. Homelander isn't even cool in a old-school manly and politically incorrect type of way (unlike Soldier Boy)---he's a huge manchild with a ton of insecurities.
>>
>>198509640
>It's not the fans fault that the writer is not talented enough to convey their point adequately :^)

THIS
>>
>>198509422
>don't empathize with the only character who actually has a fucking character
What?
>>
>>198509583
do you know what happens to your bussy in my rape dungeon visual boy?
>>
File: 1700513310436403.jpg (218 KB, 2048x939)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>198509422
But I don't
I idealize Soldier Boy, who did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1695973839039233.jpg (759 KB, 1400x1400)
759 KB
759 KB JPG
>>198509422
I cant read but that guy looks based
>>
>>198509951
>and after alienating everyone that still thought he was a hero by attacking the White House
But that only happened after he thought that it was him in the leaked videos, the murder and eating children shit. His realization that it was all a set-up to make him go mad turns him into a tragic character who was played all along.
>>
>>198510283
In Dumb & Dumbers case it was just getting away from GoT to make SW. Only to make an ending so bad that not even Disney wanted to work with them afterwards.
>>
File: 1664942313128098.jpg (84 KB, 396x1024)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
How bad is it that for years I thought starship troopers was a Vietnam allegory?
>>
>>198518312
but they won in starship troopers
>>
>>198517422
He had understandable reasons to be an evil bastard in the books. In the show? MY WOIFE’S SON. Pathetic.
>>
>>198518871
But in the books the guy who raped his wife was a totally different guy to the person he dedicated his whole life to getting revenge on
>>
>>198509422
The Boys are just as bad at this point Butcher just seems like a massive cunt at least Homelander has some Superficial charm above his sociopathy. they shouldn't on interjected real life politics in it.
>>
>>198509422
yeah we know he's supposed to be a satire on "evil superman"
it's not a deep concept
>>
>>198509422
What's ironic is he's the one who is "missing the point." People don't like homelander because he's a cool, relatable guy, they like him because faggots hate him and seethe at based homelander enjoyers. Boomer behavior. Gen X is retarded.
>>
>>198519022
Not that he knew that. Add to that his anger at his treatment/PTSD after the Falklands war, his father’s domestic abuse, his resentment at not being allowed to go full ham because of his CIA handler etc.
>>
>>198509422
>litteracy
...is spelt with one T, OP.
>>
File: 34y11234.png (861 KB, 834x780)
861 KB
861 KB PNG
>>198509497
This. Just like Starship Troopers, so hilarious when a 'creator' bitches and moans about the viewers truly enjoying the content.
>>
File: we_are_evil.jpg (46 KB, 451x563)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>198514577
The "media literacy" shills here are really, really upset that anons are "idolizing" the wrong characters. Joker was the first shock to the system, the origin of this meme, the moment they first panicked over how badly they fucked up. Barbie was another one >>198518106.

They spent a decade tearing down your heroes, deconstructing your favorite characters, and emasculating male figures. Their ideology boils down to fear of men and a consequent desire to control them.

But the problem is that men didn't sit down and learn their lesson and "grow and become a better person" as they so sanctimoniously put it. They responded how men typically respond to nagging: "All right, I'll go to hell." Preach long enough "you are the villain" and eventually people will come to realize the villains aren't so bad after all (and that they have a pretty sick sense of fashion to boot). And usually, villains don't have to deal with the shoehorned diversity cast and the obligatory eye-rollingly bad "speeches". Against the incoherence of neoliberal "philosophy", villains seem pretty damn cool.
>>
>>198509618
It's so fucked. Literally gaslighted into believing he's a bad guy,
>>
File: literally you.png (276 KB, 750x735)
276 KB
276 KB PNG
>>198509422
>NOOO! STOP INTENTIONALLY TAKING THINGS AT FACE VALUE TO SPITE US!
>>
>>198509422
Maybe no one actually likes your liberal woke shit and just like to see cool things happen huh? but no listen to the sheltered upper class white man who gets paid obscene amounts of money to play pretend for people. Clearly he knows best.
>>
>>198509422
If he was reincarnated Hitler with Superman's powers every actual man in the world would still cheer for him over muh wife's son Britbong cuck, nerd with no personality, muh raycism where none exists angry black man, druggie Frenchman, le stronge asian sex toy waifu & le stronge dyke womeme. Literally the only one of the Boys it was possible to like was Starlight and she bogged herself.
>>
>>198509527
Unironically this
>>
>>198509497
Writers really seem to want you to enjoy their content the only way THEY want.
>>
>>198509422
People know he's the good guy in the comics thoughever
>>
They should be happy they accidentally created an interesting character with depth and charisma instead of whinging about the fans enjoying the show wrong. Who are people supposed to root for now anyway? Starlight sucks balls, they iced soldier boy way too early, they turned butcher into a cuck faggot, nobody likes hughie, frenchie was ruined by the asian chick and MM barely gets any screentime on top of being boring.
>>
I've never watched this show so I looked it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXb0SNVJm70

>american acting

Unbearable.
>>
>>198519033
am supposed to cheer this cuck over soldier boy ? I loved Soldier for the simple fact he said everything thought out loud

>homelander fucked your wife and you want to save the brat ?!
>>
>>198520531
He's from New Zealand.
>>
>>198510191
>obsessed with getting mommy's milk
based
>>
>>198509422
Not a single person who talks about muh media literacy has ever shown to be media literate himself. Curious.
>>
>>198509422
I can kind of understand them, but they didnt pull it off well. It reminds me when I was in highschool creative writing class and we had to write a short story. I wrote one from the perspective of the villain who opens with killing some children for pocket change, abandoning his family for lust and greed, who gets decieved by a witch and lured into a trap by a giant, where he dies. But many who actually read it sympathized with him, including the female teacher, probably half the class didnt read it, and only a few guys kinda got it.

It wasnt great but I understand the frustration because to these leftists, they try to paint homelander as a charicature of evil and racist (the worst evil in their minds). But they're unaware or braindead that aspects of him may still be appealing or certain actions considered morally justified given his circumstances.
>>
File: Staff Sergeant Barnes.jpg (62 KB, 745x419)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
I really like this guy too
>>
Death of the Author only applies when I want to make their story more liberal or queer, if you interpret works wrong, then you're a fascist nazi, sweetie. :)
>>
>>198509422
Homelander is a fairly sympathetic character when you consider he was practically sold by his family to a soulless MIC firm who treated him like a tool and in spite of this still wanted to be an actual hero until he botched his mission and the people he was trying to save turned on him.

Why shouldn't he be looking at society with utter contempt?
>>
>>198509422
>Media literacy
Why has this become a thing thrown around so much recently?
>>
The Boys already missed the entire point, they became exactly what they were critizing, can't wait for them to make more fun about Marvel Universe and celebrities while trying to create 3 spin-offs series.
>>
>>198521709
Leftwing communist groups on telegram and other hidden group chats are instructing their members to meme it on twitter to attack right wing ideas, you'll see it a lot with starship troopers / helldivers and any other media where they think people are coming to the 'wrong' conclusion (as if there's only one correct way to interpret things). Part of the strategy is to just make the implication so that right wing people have to react, stutter, and be on the defensive.

They don't really understand we aren't allowed to have private encrypted message groups in the same way.
>>
>>198509422
This nigger hasn't been Homelander since season 1. He's now a skinny botoxed vegan like his girlfriend Erin Mortiarty.
>>
>>198515093
>Homelander
>honor and integrity
Do you even watch the show?
>>
>>198521709
It's a cope for audiences understanding 100% what a subversive deconstruction of a superhero is, but choosing to defy the intent of the writers by agreeing with their actions and rhetoric.
>>
>>198509422
>why... people... likes... white males characters! REEEEEE!
>>
>>198521671
He wasn’t sold by his family, he never had one. He’s a test tube baby raised by scientists in a padded room.
>>
>>198509422
>Character the audience is supposed to hate is charismatic, alpha and dominant.
>Character the audience is supposed to root for is a whiny pushover faggot
Kek, they've been doing this for decades - all the way back to Archie Bunker and Michael Stivic in All In The Family.
Then there's the Humans/Bugs in Starship Troopers, Gene Hunt/Sam Tyler in Life on Mars and now Homelander & Soldier Boy/Dennis Quaid's faggot kid in The Boys.
>>
>>198509595
they could show him kill jews...
hahhaha no, that would be too far for hollywood
>>
>>198509422
If they didn't want me to empathize with him, why did they have the scene of him watching the Taxi Driver?
>>
>>198509422
He probably got paid to say that
>Missing the point
Kek then just kill Homelander and replace him with some bland nignogs
Oh wait, people love Homelander being a sexy bad White Chad motherfucker and he is the reason people watch this show lmao
>>
>>198510304
Homelander is based and you full of homosexual AIDS.
>>
>>198522262
He would get even more fans kek
>>
>>198522262
They're trying to make him LESS popular, anon.
It would be absolute irl kino to watch leftist college kids holding up Homelander signs at their hamas protests, though.
>>
>>198510471
ahahahaha yes, they cant form original thoughts
unlike the people constantly parroting cope cuck seethe and dilate DEI sjw CRT woke beta basedboy etcetcetc
>>198509422
dipshit conservatives are simply incapable of introspection. look at all the tantrums of the people in this threat trying desperately to avoid the fact that people who can think are laughing at them
seriously, conservatives are literally incapable of introspection
>>
File: file.png (2.84 MB, 1438x1080)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB PNG
>>198509422
>media literacy
You fucking retards are like anchovies in that spongebob episode. Some tiktok faggot made a video, it got trending and now every fucking faggot online, every "video essay" youtube, every hole in this god forsaken world will repeat it like a god's prophecy. Internet made people into hivemind. Internet was a mistake. Memes were a mistake. Industrial revolution was a mistake. And now we all sinners paying for it.
>>
File: file.png (684 KB, 600x400)
684 KB
684 KB PNG
>>198522491
>muh conservatives
stfu retard
>>
>asshole character that gets to do cool shit while revelling in being an asshole
>asshole character that acts like a sanctimonious prick
Why wouldn’t I root for the bad guy? I don’t care if the designated protagonist inevitably gets the script to tell me why he’s absolved of being a cunt
>>
File: homie.jpg (141 KB, 1141x821)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>198517101
The thing is, Homelander isn't a fascist; he's aggressively apolitical. The only box he checks on what makes a fascist a fascist is the belief in a natural social hierarchy (with him at the top; he's the most powerful, and therefore, in his view, most important being in existence) but even that's incidental.

This is perhaps most evident in his relationship with Stormfront; she has this vision for him, where he becomes the ubermensch and rallying figure for the ultimate supremacist movement and he's profoundly disinterested in any of it. It is, in fact, Stormfront's coming to terms with this disinterest that leads to her decision to an hero.

Homelander wants to be loved, or failing that, feared. He is utterly indifferent to how the fragile, helpless creatures who supply said love and/or fear govern themselves. It is Starlight's realization of this that leads to her abandoning the idea of blackmailing him altogether; nobody in a suit, nor any paper they may sign, has any actual power over him, and the only reason he indulges such constructs at all is because doing so serves as a means to an end to get him the love he prefers over fear. Deny him that, and he's just going to start sending people to the cornfields until the rest of them fall in line.

Homelander isn't a fascist, Homelander is Anthony Fremont.
>>
>>198510155
>When almost everyone stood up and cheered for the Patton in the movie he was fucking pissed.
Many such cases. In Star Trek, the resident Space Hitler (Gul Dukat) got so popular, that the writers had to write him into a full retard, and the actor belittles fans for liking his character, because they clearly missed the point of him...
>>
>>198522620
just eat the bugs like the good boy you are.
>>
>>198511911
The federation started the war by taking bug clay, and throws its citizens into a meat-grinder forever war.

But the bugs will eat my brain so at this point I have a slightly better chance siding with humanity.
>>
>>198509422
Like when all the bernie bros started calling blacks stupid niggers for voting for biden lol
>>
>>198523858
based
>black voters
>86% biden
>>
>>198510492
think a lot of people are more critical of superman because of his do good to all while getting a critique even at some point having the entire world against him.
>>
>>198521709
Recently there was a viral meme over starship troopers. Which has historically been used by right wingers for memes positioning themselves as the federation and whoever they dislike as the bugs

Left wingers and commies etc tried to pull a “gotcha” with this “media literacy” nonsense. How there is only one true way to understand that story. Specifically that the evil fascist humans are attacking the innocent bugs and that the bugs did not launch an asteroid at earth it was a false flag (this is all comple head canon, not in the book, and the director himself said it’s not true but that’s irrelevant to “media literate” lefties)

Since then all the people who hype up evil characters are being called stupid for “not getting it”. He represents le drumpf and is a chud. You shouldn’t like him!

Except those characters tend to be the only interesting ones in modern shows. Modern shows do not make flawed sympathetic superpowered ethnic minority or women characters. Main white male characters are uniformly “acceptable” by never being homophobic, racist, etc. white male protagonists in western shows are also pretty castrated in always being wrong, needing women to save them, apologising over and over

The literal villains with some level of sympathetic backstory therefore become more popular than the heroes, and left wingers fail to understand why.

Same reason why if you watch rings of power, the main character Galadriel comes across as an annoying teenage girl, while the literal dark Lord of evil Sauron comes across as reasonable and trying to redeem himself. It’s ridiculous
>>
File: k.jpg (57 KB, 750x1000)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>198510082
The last episode of GoT was the most watched in TV history. What else would the producers want from it?
>>
File: 3144.jpg (133 KB, 946x543)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>198524535
Source?
>>
>>198516487
If you’re not strong why the fuck should I follow you? It’s basic biology that the leader should be the strongest most capable male.
>>
>>198513488
Aryans were neither blonde haired or blue eyed you dumb pigskin animal
>>
File: IMG_7392.jpg (1.12 MB, 917x1422)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>198524533
I think an interesting comparison point is Robocop. Also made by Verhoeven to satirise American culture and capitalism etc

Except people do like Robocop. The fact he is literally the product of a corrupt mega corporation trying to raid a city to turn it into another business sector, and for modern audiences the fact he’s basically an invincible cop who goes around executing criminals. Should in theory mean he is “the bad guy”

But he isn’t. Rarely do people seriously say he is. He is as much a victim of OCP as anyone else. He kills only violent reprehensible people. He struggles with his humanity. The fact he actually chooses to continue being a cop and working for the company even when he could in theory have chose not to by the end of the first movie is interesting too.
>>
>>198524533
>Specifically that the evil fascist humans are attacking the innocent bugs and that the bugs did not launch an asteroid at earth it was a false flag
I think it has more to do with serving an autocracy in some pointless meat grinder of a war, where you'll be used a disposable resource, with the massive state propoganda apparatus (used as a framing device in the film) trying to goad the characters (and audience) into serving the military by invoking their sense of patriotism.
>>
>inteoduce cool villain
>people think they are cool
>no! how could this be happening, quick make them stupid and act illogical!
This has happened three (3) times in this show and I have now completely dropped it.
>>
>>198524917
>pointless meat grinder of a war

How is it “pointless” when the bugs are actively trying to kill humanity?

Do I have to explain why killing them to stop them from launching more and more asteroids at earth is a good idea? Or do you understand the point now?

It’s why every single “media literate” interpretation requires the nonsense claim that the asteroid was a false flag. Because accepting it’s true makes the war completely justified.

Notice how the humans didn’t even attack the bugs after the bugs massacred the Mormon colonists. The evil fascist government could have easily used that as an excuse to declare war. Hitler used claims of German persecution in neighbouring countries as his reason to invade Poland and Czechoslovakia.

The fact is, Verhoeven failed in his attempt to satirise fascism by making the enemy too objectively bad. And the government too fair and earth a good place to live.

The main characters parents weren’t even citizens but were still rich and successful enough to have a huge house and afford vacations to some beach on another planet

The head of the government peacefully resigned after a major military fuck up. Hardly the sign of an entrenched fascist authoritarian leadership
>>
>>198524533
Communists identify with brain sucking insects, what else is new.
>>
>>198510605
I think you underestimate how much of this country (myself included) think the worst part about January 6th was how tame and harmless it was.
>>
>>198509422
I'm not going to read shitty clickbait for context, but idolizing is not the same as empathizing.
We can enjoy a character without immediately needing to emulate them. Just take the W, ffs
>>
>>198509583
>visual novel
Fucking weaboos.
>>
>>198525020
Thinking on it, pretty much every authority figure in the movie is reasonable. Once the officers grasped the magnitude of the Klendathu fuck up, the ones in space immediately recognised that the fire wasn’t ineffective, and the ones on the ground ordered a retreat rather than forge on to a situation that was clearly not what they were prepared for.
If this was supposed to be a fascist hell society, surely the officers would be jingoistic morons that thought their superiors were right no matter what, or at least be more worried about the repercussions of contradicting them regardless of the situation.
>>
>>198509422
Americans are missing the point though because by worshipping right wing morons like homelander they are just worshipping jews who push all the bullshit that libtards worship.
>>
File: e8qsyllko0cb1.jpg (82 KB, 828x635)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>make the coolest, most fun to watch guy villain
>get mad when people cheer for him
>make even cooler guy (pic related)
>turn him into villain over literal cuck shit for no reason
>continue seething over people enjoying Homelander's show
meanwhile the "good guys" consists of
>soý elemental
>wannabe tough guy cuckold
>stock black guy (I literally can't tell you one thing about him from memory, he has daughter I think but that's that)
>dude meth lmao guy who don't even do drugs anymore
pathetic
>>
>>198509681
>>198509708
This
>>
File: file.png (78 KB, 253x199)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>198509610
>>
>>198515395
No shit, the guy realised that the west was fucked and that the kikes had just been handed total control over white civilisation by killing hitler and ending the third reich
>>
>>198523283
He is just a run of the mill basic bitch narcissist. He isn’t fascist in any sense of the term. All he wants is that people like/love him and it’s never enough no matter what
>>
>>198524869
Deep down we all (except leftists because there is something wrong with them) know that killing criminals is the right thing to do and that it should be common practice to do so.
>>
>>198524917
You just described america.
>>
>>198518070
>soldier boy
Lol.
Thing about him, and Homelander, and a lot of supes is that they have been fucked from the start by globocorpo. If there is a villain, its that fucking corporation that created a heap of them, and then misused and abused them, clearly thinking that people and superpowers are just products to make, brake, peddle and market. Its the inhumanity of that system. And misuse and abuse of god-like powers.
>>
>>198525665
Yep. Even the hierarchy is shown as an absolute meritocracy. Not based purely on “loyalty” like literally every other fascist authoritarian nation

Main character rises quickly in ranks because he’s good at his job. His superior, the training instructor. Actually goes back down to regular infantry as the war escalates because that’s where he is needed.

Remember, it was the instructor who captured the brain bug in the ending. And he salutes Rico as his superior.
>>
>>198509595
Make an "Anti-compound V" that takes away his powers then have all the female characters beat him to death while talking about how they're defeating the patriarchy and its a womans world now.
>>
>>198509422
I don't care what some limp wristed writers point was, Homelander did nothing wrong.
>>
>>198509583
The part where most of the actual bad shit he didn't even do?
>>
File: ohh nooo.png (1.21 MB, 1260x716)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>198509422
>No we can't mind control them with our shitty "art"

Unlike 1984, people are realizing the lies they are told don't match their world. Camera phones may have shown the world that some blacks get treated badly by police, but the majority of these videos show that blacks don't belong in our society by the way they rob, rape, murder, and act
>>
>>198524533
>Starship Troopers
Movie is different from the book. Still great, but different. And considering how retarded people are novadays, book and movie may as well be treated as two entirely separate entities.
>>
>>198509610
Season 3 was hilarious
>Writer gets asked "why was it bad for Hughie to want powers but not the Asian girl wanting to get hers back"
>Makes some retarded arguement that the asian girl is only doing it to protect her bf so she's brave and a qween while Hughie just gets off to the power so he's a toxic male (even though he wants to protect his gf and his gf spends the entire time whining she's the only one with superpowers actively standing up to Homelander)
>>
>>198520066
>>198520440
same with david chase and the sopranos desu
>>
He's the only reason people watch. Butcher was okay at first but then they made him an unironic cuckold wanting to raise his wife's son.
>>
>>198527138
I liked Soldier Boy as well
>>
>>198523283
>him at the top; he's the most powerful, and therefore, in his view, most important being in existence
This. It's not even a really "Supe supremacy" because he's probably killed the most in the whole show and even then he's stronger then any of them.
>>
>>198509422
test
>>
>>198527146
Yeah but they've already gotten rid of him.
>>
File: 18492948281941.jpg (224 KB, 1080x2016)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>198527070
>>
>>198509422
They don't understand that people aren't missing the point, they just don't care about the point that's being made because it's retarded.
>>
>>198510126
Oy vey!
>>
File: 756765755.jpg (100 KB, 1200x800)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
NOOOO STOP MISSING THE POINT
>>
>>198510304
Lol lmao you talk like a fag and your shits all retarded
>>
>>198527402
>Selfless sacrifice
Hughie taking the drug for his powers would have completely invalidated the reason why they didn't kill Homelander (he could have just teleported the kid out) which is the real reason for this, this is just some retarded justification for it.
>>
>>198522620
Yikes oof ruh roh, sounds like someone is on the wrong side of history their bub. Should we unpack all of this?
>>
>>198510155
Nah, Scott was a moderate Republican and states himself that he liked Patton's attitude. He did extensive research on the man, and he wanted to do his best to portray him as he was. It should also be noted that the movie was specifically written by Coppola to be apolitical. He wanted people who loved Patton and people who hated Patton the be able to watch the movie and enjoy it.
>>
>>198525750
He's black and his ex wife is with someone who looks like a basedjak and mindlessly believes everything Homelander says.
Ironic the character who looks and acts like the average leftist is instead blindly consooming whatever the characters equate to oranage man. No self awareness.
>>
>>198527635
You can tell the writers are smart because they have the black guy punch the white guy raising his daughter for saying the news is fake because that’s stupid

Even though we previously saw that the news was fake and controlled by Vought
>>
File: The-Boys-Gorman-1.jpg (56 KB, 1280x715)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>198527635
kek he does look like a onions
>>
Media literacy is a 10/10 trolling phrase
>>
File: 1413894260018.jpg (68 KB, 313x334)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>198509422

What a fucking faggot he is

MF let the audience like whatever they want to like
>>
>>198509422
>Woah this character is cool because the show made him that way
>YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT
Annoying ass bitches
>>
Reminds me how the empire is vastly more popular then the rebels in Star Wars.
People like bad guys, just because you want to equate them to real life figures you hate doesn't mean people will suddenly hate them.
>>
File: media literacy.png (25 KB, 583x155)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>198511911
this image makes me lmfao everytime
>>
>>198527635
>>198527767
Leftists don't know any way to do political satire other than "no u!"
>>
>>198529345
All leftism is political satire lmao communism doesn’t even work on paper
>>
>>198527767
you disgusting fucking newfag
>>
>>198509534
They're probably going to make him have gay sex with Billy or make him spout some pozzed bullshit about trans rights just to piss off the chuds
>>
>>198529895
But he's still the villian, even if he has gay sex so
>>
>>198525750
Don't forget the
>very STRONG womyn who is also uhh... ehhh... well.... she uhh... has a uhh....
>>
>>198509486
>>198509727
>>198510233
>>198511090
>>198511911
>>198518106
>>198524982
>>198527767
>>198529726
Why are chuddies incapable of making art? Lefties made a cool superhero universe and chuddy have to cope and think the strawman villain is literally them

Everytime right wingers try making make it is trite, overt politic shit like lady ballers or like those racist zoomers who made that shitty spiderman fan film. Being right wing is contingent on being low iq, low empathy and low creativity, the antithesis of an artist
>>
>>198529996
Christ is KING
>>
>>198529996
Get gaped and worship more niggers until your country collapses and turns into Afghanistan you fucking retarded degenerate
>>
>>198513488
I think Homelander is pretty ugly and has a punchable face, he's just a fun character, he'd be fun even if he was black
>>
>>198509881
>They would ruin the best reveal
there won't be a reveal, "not-batman" turns out to be just another random supe in the show.
>>
>>198530935
also we know for a fact homelander was the one who raped butchers wife, he owns up to it himself unlike the comics so the clone twist is all but removed at this point
>>
>>198522491
For the love of God go outside

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.