[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1.52 MB, 1896x1563)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
Would you have broken up with her so you could pursue your career instead?
>>
No, because a loving gf is conducive to a better career, even in fields that are high stress and require a lot of time/effort.
>>
All relationships end in pain
>>
thankfully I'm a friendless kissless virgin so I don't have to worry about any such things
>>
>>198521973
Not my type, so probably. But point is that him breaking up with her was entirely unnecessary, because his interpersonal relationships had nothing to do with his performance on drums and everything to do with his insecurities and delusions of artistic achievement.
>>
>>198522096
>Not my type
hello homosexual sirs
>>
>>198521973
No I just forget I'm in relationships because of my extreme disassociation caused by my advanced schizoid disorder. I involuntarily ghost people because I legitimately forget that they exist for long periods of time.
>>
>>198521973
>breaking up with neckfu
RAGING HOMO
>>
>>198521973
I'd do anything for a 6-7/10 skinny girlfriend so hell fucking no, if he had some emotional support he could've had a chance at performing better instead of worse I'd like to say, honestly at this point idc about friends as much as having a gf, I want a relationship where I could tell someone mostly anything on my mind
>>
File: 1692096657816002.webm (3.45 MB, 1080x439)
3.45 MB
3.45 MB WEBM
>>198522057
just ask her out bro
>>
>>198522221
>I want a relationship where I could tell someone mostly anything on my mind
good luck with that dude, women lose attraction based on so many retarded and random things. finding one where you can unironically b urself feels impossible nowadays. also if you think she's a 6/10 you're gonna have a very rough time out there.
>>
>>198521973
The older I get the more diabolic I find college. Tons of years wasted and dreams escaped just to pursue a fantasy
Most Jobs these days dont even need that much preparation
>But you want to have more money than le neighbour!
A good living gf, a job and an affordable house is all you need
>>
>>198521973
>loyal Melissa Benoist gf
i'd pursue my new career as family maker
>>
File: 1678994492063785.webm (3.08 MB, 1280x720)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB WEBM
>>198521973
>>198522167
>>198522332
>>
>>198521973
>Would you have broken up with her so you could pursue your career instead?
You didn't pay attention, have you? This little faggot didn't even give her a chance. He could've pursued both, and might have gotten everything he wanted: a solid career and someone who would support him achieving it.
>>
>>198521973
I wouldn't be retarded enough to become a musician
>>
File: file.jpg (734 KB, 2182x2154)
734 KB
734 KB JPG
>>198522571
>I wouldn't be retarded enough to become a musician
>>
File: 1653783428845.jpg (45 KB, 618x524)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>198522378
whats it like to have someone desire to be with you?
>>
>>198523102
you feel like you're on top of the world
>>
>>198521973
Yes, no question. Anyone who says otherwise is insane. I weep for all the men who squandered their potential for the momentary gaze of a fucking female. Appaling.
>>
>>198523133
nothing matters but family and bonds between souls.
"careers" don't exist, its all fake
>>
File: 1702670094830545.jpg (173 KB, 985x777)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>198522292
this is probably you lel
>>
>>198523353
why? she's clearly at least 7.5-8/10
>>
>>198523297
Neither do those exist, anon. Grow the fuck up. Most people are apathetic at best even to close family members. There is no love or "heart". It's true but you're so beholden to the chemical releases in your brain and the pseudo-positive malaise that you've drifted in your whole life that you will die believing these childish lies we peddle to our minds so we don't all kill ourselves and collapse society.
>>
>>198522287
easily the most brutal scene in the movie
>>
File: Fletcher.jpg (23 KB, 790x450)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
Fletcher is the true hero of this movie
>>
>>198523389
He was great. Looked like he was about to have a brain aneurysm on set any moment.
>>
>>198523384
>apathetic
not my problem that your parents were sociopaths
>>
File: 1712589816984692.png (119 KB, 676x676)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>198523384
>>
Women are a net negative in life unless you are at the stage in which you want to spread your genes. And even then you are still better off surrogating.
So yes.
>>
>>198523384
holy fucking midwit: the post lol
>>
>>198523494
>akshully phrenology is real
so this is the power of leftist memes....
>>
>>198523384
Not him, and you're not wrong entirely. But you are trying to cope with a reality you claim to be indifferent and accepting of in a a mature and somber way, but deep down it affects you. We don't live in a good world. Most people aren't good people and they are indeed apathetic and couldn't really care where you're happy or suffering, whether you live or die. But that doesn't mean we can't imagine a better world, and seek other genuine people like us to help make it a reality. In some capacity at least. Small changes, given time, can turn into big changes.
>>
>>198523487
>>198523520
>>198523494
You compromise, you want to pursue something that has an impact on the world but you're such a mental midget that you will kneecap yourself and settle for boundless mediocrity because there's no risk in doing the bare minimum. You are not men.
>>
>>198523560
dude i mean this genuinely, quit watching shorts of andrew tate and the manosphere and go for a hike or something
>>
>>198523560
damn, a DUDEBRO in the wild

>settle
lay off the /pol/ memes for a week
>>
>>198523548
Been there, done that. Over and over. You realize through your 20's that these "genuine" people are too far and too few in between for you to ever meet them and you will settle for the fucking morons you're able to find and compromise and put up with their shit and try to coat them mentally with desirable traits so you're not alone and this is especially hard as you age and seek company more. A youthful guy can take loneliness more easily but someone who's older and more beaten down will debase himself with morons who offer him nothing just so he staves off the despair. It's a sick, sick reality we all inhabit and it's mostly us causing each other suffering with our societal nonsense and inherent evil and apathy built in. Why do you think people flock to positive reinforcement these days like a drug hookup? Because they're bad people but conscious enough to know this on some sub-level and they peddle themselves lies and "motivation" to just slave away and then die without having to own up to a life wasted and never having felt an authentic human emotion.

Grim. It makes me want to weep but I fear that I am beyond able to shed tears anymore. Tears in the rain, screams into the void. It's all the same. There is no exit or escape but death. It's funny that what I used to say half-heartedly as a youngling, I now say with full and utter conviction having lived through so much and now a man with greying hair despite being early 30's.
>>
>>198523624
>>198523567
Read my post below. I don't watch such crap but judging by how you speak and type, you certainly are the minus IQ type of individuals (that's being kind) to watch some crap so you don't crumble under the despair of your limited lives and harm yourselves. But that's assuming you even have the depth of character and necessary intelligence and emotional ability to even recognize your life as limited, destitute and inherently without meaning or point. I am too such a person, as is 99 percent of the population. I admit it because I can't bear the charade anymore, anons. I cant' do it. I can't tell myself lies coated in "positivity" anymore. I'm too fucking upset and sad at what I was birthed into. I was born without any purpose or reason. As are all of us. Why can't we drop the act for once in our painfully short lives and admit we're all here to suffer for no reason at the hands of others and then pass away, never having any closure on that suffering and if there were any meaning to it which there is not. I am sorry for speaking like this and upsetting you but I have to get it out of my system. I can't do it anymore. I am also sorry for insulting you in the start of my post, I regrettably returned the aggressive tone of your posts but I won't delete it and just leave it because I'm being honest and don't want to pretend I didn't type that. I'm logging off for the day. I'm too upset.
>>
File: 1544504688243.jpg (24 KB, 400x400)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>198522287
>just talk to women, bro
>just be yourself, bro
>it's that easy
>>
I don't care about women. Never have. I feel lust towards them but putting up with them in any other capacity? No way. They feel like animals to me, I can't see them as human.
>>
>>198523641
>>198523719
this can't be a real person. is this what someone becomes when they never ingest a thought that didn't come off of 4chan?
>It makes me want to weep but I fear that I am beyond able to shed tears anymore. Tears in the rain, screams into the void. It's all the same. There is no exit or escape but death.
are you literally 17 years old? holy fuck
>>
>>198523641
I'm much younger than you but your experiences resonate with me. I'm not ready to quit trying just yet though, even though I've come close to it a few times to resigning myself to acceptance of these state of affairs like you have, and just live life being concerned with only myself and nothing else. Its the logical path to take. But living logically doesn't lead to a particularly fulfilling life, for me at least. It might in the future maybe, I don't know. I might find myself in your shoes one day. And I also think find so many people's inclination towards blind positivity really tiresome. The most common and easily identifiable personality trait/pattern of thought in people is that of burying their head in the sand when faced with an uncomfortable reality, rather than acknowledging it and trying to tackle it head on. Apathy and denial are staple coping mechanisms for most people. And its depressing, and revolting. You become the bad/weird guy if you try to unearth their heads from the ground and bring attention to what they'd rather not look at, and will be bet with a lot of hostility.
>>
File: 1688291172947467.webm (3.43 MB, 1080x608)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB WEBM
>>198523798
Yeah it is, so why haven’t you done it yet? What’s the problem buddy?
>>
>>198523798
>just be yourself, bro
no, don't be yourself.
that's the problem.
"being yourself" is essentially a contraceptive on its own right
>>
>>198523641
>>198523719
Anon, these two - >>198523548 , >>198523924 were my posts. If you're still here, or if you come back later, my discord is humanark. Hit me up if you'd like to talk and stuff. I know what its like not being able to find anyone willing to be real for even just a moment. Most people don't have the kind of self-knowledge or connection to their emotions to do that so they just end up offering empty platitudes and forced positivity, or downplaying and ridiculing you. I'd like to talk to you more and get to know you, because I see we're alike and I see you're struggling. I hope you'll read this and I hope you'll reach out.
>>
>>198523719
So this is what feminists mean when they complain of mediocre white men (huffing their own farts), top fucking kek
>>
I choose my career over a girl once. She wanted me to visit her so bad but I chose to stay awhile longer at my job to get hired full time. I regret it to this day. She's an 11/10 and super gorgeous.
>>
File: carlton football.jpg (43 KB, 660x778)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>It's division three
He didn't have to say that, the cousins or whatever weren't being rude to him.
>>
literally who gives a shit about jazz drummers
what a gay movie premise
>>
>>198521973
I basically did.
>final year of uni
>dating qt gf
>have the first group of friends I actually like and don't just hang out with for the sake of it
>studying meme subject
>few months from final exams and graduation
>animate shitty cartoons on the side
>bored of gf
>get slightly lower than expected in coursework
>gf keeps wanting to hang out for days even though all we do is fuck and then watch friends for a few hours
>free time rapidly dwindling
>break up with her
>she asks if we can just take a break until exams are over
>tell her no since I'll be going back home after exams anyway
>study hard
>do well on exams
>fuck qt foreign exchange student
>uni provides decent career opportunities with advertising/marketing companies who like to hire straight out of uni
>can go straight into a semi decent job, stay in my uni city and with the best friends I've ever really had
>exgf still wants to get back together, or even just be fuck buddies
>turn the opportunity down
>move back home to pursue my dream as an animator
>ten years later
>exgf hit the wall hard and is engaged to some plank
>haven't spoken to any of my uni friends in years
>still chipping away at making it as an artist but not getting far
>ai is a double pronged sword since it will take away a lot of potential work but will also let me make my epic fantasy show despite no money and not enough time
Was it worth it? Yeah. If I hadn't, I'd always wonder what if and be miserable. This way, my uni memories are like a snapshot of when I was good at life
/blogpost
>>
>>198524642
A point in the movie is that nobody else gives a shit about his drumming. He's an obsessive autist and you're supposed to think he's a retard for breaking up with his girlfriend and putting up with Fletcher's shit.
>>
>>198522287
>do this in real life
>"oh sorry, I'm not really in a place where I'm ready to date. You can sign up to my onlyfans though!"
>>
The final moment of the movie is clearly meant to be interpreted as him having picked the bad end. He's destined to burn himself out chasing the approval of an asshole. He doesn't win a lifelong career, fame maybe but he's inevitably going to die young like the tutor's other proteges. He could have balanced life and career but instead he drank the cool aid.
>>
>>198523102
It depends how self-destructive you are.
At first it's unreal. It's like you're in a dream but also a nightmare because it feels like a cruel prank that will be taken away from you in a second if you do the wrong thing but you have no idea of figuring out what that might be.
Then it becomes pleasant and great.
Then you get used to it.
Then it becomes suffocating. You know you're not great so why does she care?
Then it becomes bad. Maybe she cares because she can't do better? She has an annoying laugh. She doesn't add much to conversations. Her boobs are small. You're in the prime of your life and you're wasting it with her?
>>
>>198524765
You're messed up in the brain dude
>>
File: 1590720386297.jpg (23 KB, 288x337)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>198522287
That's not a proper kinoplex uniform
>>
>>198524812
No, he's me.
>>198524765
Never compromise, especially with women. Don't be with a girl unless she makes your heart burn and your every thought leads to her. Don't settle for a girl just because you're feminine in your brain and can't stand solitude. You'll be wasting your time and hurting some random girl. I could never be with my one-itis and it haunts me forever. No girl does it for me. I'd rather die than settle. I don't care if this is unreasonable. I can think of nothing more depressing than settling with some random girl out of a whim. I don't have it in me to do that to some girl.
>>
>>198524812
Not him but I'm pretty sure what he's described is not an uncommon experience in any way. Calling that 'messed up in the brain' is a huge exaggeration and makes you look underage.
>>
>>198521973
I’ve seen her naked
>>
>>198522036
You might like Houellebecq.
>>
>>198524902
he is underage just like
>>198524354
>>198523624
>>198523567
>>198523867
>>
File: Ben_kenobi.jpg (18 KB, 360x203)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>198524765
>>
>>198522378
>what is wrong with you
I hate it so much when women use this line
>>
>>198524765
Sounds like a compromising manlet scenario who is unable take control of their life.
>>
>antisocial jew manlet pulls an 8/10 without even trying
it's hollywood alright.
>>
>>198521973
What career? This faggot goes to music school for jazz.
>>
>>198524812
tranny
>>
>>198522287
Though he felt things out. She was receptive and making clear signs to him. He made the move. All very normal things that are completely incomprehensible to you young niggaz dealing with women that have fucked more than hippie whores by the time they're 17.
>>
>>198524655
now make a movie out of it
who's gonna play this bloke?
>>
>>198524812
I had a similar thought reading this. He did say from the top he has a skewed, self-destructive perception though
>>
File: file.gif (3.41 MB, 540x386)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB GIF
>>198525147
>antisocial jew manl-ACK!
>>
>>198525271
>completely incomprehensible to you young niggaz dealing with women that have fucked more than hippie whores by the time they're 17
It's brutal, and if they haven't (inb4) it's because they're not very social and likely have something wrong with them so you have to deal with that, even if you aren't attracted to those shy shut-in personality types and just want a normal nice girl who also hasn't been with a new guy every weekend for years

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.