[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 21545636457.png (676 KB, 1156x771)
676 KB
676 KB PNG
Freak Show is the only good season of AHS.
>>
I only ever saw Asylum but it was pretty decent
>>
>>198572586
Coven shits over any season.
>>
>>198572586
I stopped watching when the aliens put an alien baby up the gay dude's butt.
>>
>>198572586

All AHS seasons suffer from the twin problems of completely falling apart thematically during the 2nd half of the season, and being really really fucking gay. Just the tone, vocabulary, and ambiance of most seasons is aggressively gay and I can't even quite put my finger on it beyond several of the actors being really flamboyant about it.

Anyhow, I felt Asylum was really the only unequivocably good season, Hotel worked but less as a horror and more pure gonzo. Murder House was at least thematically pretty coherent but was too bleak for it's own good IMO.

Apocalypse probably had the absolute best first half and the absolute biggest letdown in the 2nd half.
>>
>>198572586
AHS is shite. I always wanted to get into it because I like horror shows but it's always so tonally inconsistent and the plot is always all over the place where the climax of something would happen and then the next 2 episodes would be boring as fuck
>>
>>198572673
>Lah lah laaaalah laaalah
>>
>>198572673

if you enjoy feminist fantasy drama with a side of nobody being able to permadie. Unless they decide to for...reasons.
>>
>>198572586
Only good one was Murder House. After its success FX stopped giving a fuck about what they did and unfortunately the later seasons lacked coherence because of it.
>>
>>198572586
>two sarah paulsons
fuck no
>>
>1984
>Asylum
>Freak Show
>Murder House
>Hotel
>Coven
>Apocalypse
>Election

POWERGAP

>The rest
>Stories
>>
>>198572888
>>1984
BASED
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k9g14iaqt3s&pp=ygUOYWhzIDE5ODQgaW50cm8%3D
>>
Roanokes the good one and that double feature season was bizarre as fuck, dont know if it was good tho. Witch season is funny because of the downs girl.
AHS always has an interesting premise but goddamn they always shit the bed after a couple episodes and take weird turns.
>>
Seasons without ghosts are better than the ones with them. Their ghost logic/rules are retarded.
>>
>>198573007
Roanoke is literal trash
>>
>>198573255
I remember enjoying that everyone other than the angry black lady died. Its been awhile since I watched it however, so my memory is fuzzy on the actual plot.
>>
>>198572586
Why is that lady so popular? She made some time magazine "totally best goys ever" list and then she did some shit with the united nations or whatever. Anyways every time I see her I say, "oh it's that pinkerton teacher lady from deadwood" and then I change the channel.
>>
File: 100%.jpg (30 KB, 600x696)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>198572586
>Murder house
Legitimately good
>Asylum
Legitimately good
>Coven
Not bad, a little aimless at times. A little too grrl power-y
>Freak Show
Highs and lows. Really had fun with the freak concept but didn't always seem to know where go with it
>Hotel
Some good episodes and performances in general, and Gaga's ass was nice but you definitely feel what >>198572746 was talking about by the end. Didn't love it, didn't hate it
>Roanoke
Didn't see, no opinion
>Cult
Frankly had no interest in seeing the show get political. Actively avoided
>Apocalyse
Great concept and one or two good episodes then goes right down the shitter. Even by this series' low standards the ending is a complete fucking joke and a slap in the face. Nearly gave up on the show at this point
>1984
Bascially just a sarcastic riff on 80's slasher films but that's not a bad thing. If was just as campy as it should have been and didn't have a shit ending. One of the better seasons and a complete shock after the bag of ass that was Apocalypse
>Double Feature
First half is actually pretty good and was nice to see /ourguy Macaluay actually doing stuff. Plus having fewer episodes meant the story didn't feel like it had so much filler in it. Second half is shit
>NYC
Gave up after the first few epsiodes. It's always been a gay show but a gay season was just too much. It's like it kinda forgot to have a point outside of the gayness. Maybe it got better later but I kind of doubt it
>Delicate
Such a blatant Rosemary's baby ripoff that they just went ahead and overtly incorporated it into the plot but like with 1984 I'm not sure being derivative is necessarily bad. Waiting for the terrible ending but I don't hate it so far
>>
>>198573735
Cult was fucking hilarious the main villain is a /pol/cel and Sarah Paulson plays a far left huffington post lesbian and the entire series is him tormenting her
>>
>>198572746
I opened the thread to talk about the second season (Asylum) and then I saw your post.
It's crazy because I really loved the first 2 or 3 episodes of Asylum, but I dropped when crazy Santa Claus appeared and killed that priest.
I really don't know what is wrong with the writers of this show.
>>
>>198573912
Wait really? That’s sound hilarious.
>>
File: 1658765554251961.png (541 KB, 945x657)
541 KB
541 KB PNG
>>198573912
Me:
>yeah I really wasn't interested in election year propaganda piece made by gay men who work for jews that predictably stereotypes and villifies all non-liberals
You:
>the main villain is a /pol/cel
>>
>>198574353
One of the characters called out 4chan by name. Can't believe /pol/ had Hollywood writers seething that much about a fucking pink shitposting board.
>>
>>198574238
Not him, but I actually really liked that season. It was far more nuanced than most people give credit, but I get why the majority of people hated it.
>>
File: feast.jpg (2.16 MB, 3000x2000)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB JPG
>>198574437
They'd just seen Trump win the most unfathomable victory in modern political history. People were showing up to Clinton rallies and shouting "Pepe" at her. They were fucking shook

I think we're still too close to it to fully grasp what a fucking insane ride Trump's presidency was. That election night on /pol was something else. Meme magic was real for a minute there
>>
>>198574238
Yeah there are some unintentionally hilarious scenes
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fBs7C5yDNxI&pp=ygUaYW1lcmljYW4gaG9ycm9yIHN0b3J5IGN1bHQ%3D
b
>>198574353
it vilifies both terminally online far right autists and mentally insane far left snowflake faggots. people obsessed with politics are fucking cringeworthy and most scenes are just dunking on one side or the other
>>
>>198572746
well the flamboyance is part of the appeal, it's like Jon Waters stuff
>>
>>198572888
Cult is better than Apocalypse, it's honestly so deranged it's very funny
>>
I liked Coven but it was single-handedly carried by Kathy Bates and the season was still quite flawed.
>>
>>198575121
>VILE NEGRESS
>>
I legit thought AHS ended with Roanoke and there's twice as many seasons now, crazy
anyway
Coven > Freakshow > Hotel > Murder House > Asylum
not sure what everybody see in Asylum and why is Coven considered so low
>>
>>198572586
I like the one where Ariana Grande types: Dr. Pavel, I'm CIA you don't get to bring friends I'm a BIG GUY 4U eoifvh0aishfposifhpasiofhpiouashfpiashfpiasdfipasvijaspijvniw0uhr029yur123ur9283r093q8hf0u93wefhpiascnpijascnpiads
>>
>>198572586
I've only seen Asylum and Hotel, and both were excellent.
>>
>>198575291
>why is Coven considered so low
I understand that the show is meant to be schlocky teen girl horror, but if I wanted to watch a CW after school show, I would watch the fucking CW.
>>
>>198572586
The first part of double feature was pretty good. I liked the new england deserted beach town vibes. Also they were clearly alluding to adrenchrome
>>
>>198574863
KINO
>>
Do they write the show a single episode at a time? It feels like they're completely winging it and the show becomes incoherent halfway through a season.
>>
Freakshow > Asylum > Roanoke > Coven > Hotel > First half of the double feature > Cult
I don't like the others at all, but I haven't seen the newest one and I don't want to. I hate Kardashians.
>>
>>198572586
>Murder House
very good
>Asylum
awesome
>Coven
good
>Freak Show
very good
>Cult
bad, the politics stuff was funny at times but the season is largely shit
>Asylum
meta garbage

Have not watched the rest.
>>
>>198575748
meant Apocalypse for the second Asylum
>>
>>198572586
That's Asylum, the only one with actual horror and not so much drama/glamor.
Or Roanoke actually which is 100% horror but the doc part is way better than the "real" one

>>198572673
>female led witch shit
Yeah no
>>
>>198575772
Apocalypse is complete trash. I've never seen anyone say they like it beyond the first couple episodes.
>>
>>198573735
I would watch Roanoke, it's actually the one that's most consistently horror out of the whole series, with barely any dramashit
>>
>>198575935
There's def drama in the second half though but nowhere near as bad as the others.
>>
/tv/ is a Scream Queens board.
>>
>>198577658
honestly when i started the thread, i expected to just get called a faggot & then it'd die.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.