[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why don't Asian Americans consuuuum American entertainment?
>>
>>198582597
Because they don't like looking at ugly things.
>>
>>198582597
asians are too smart to pay for media, they pirate everything
>>
>>198582710
Unironically this. Asians are more willing to pirate.
>>
>>198582597
american media is now primarily concerned with shaping cultural narratives through controlling established IP. They know it's not entertainment and Asians wouldn't want to consume it even if pandered to them directly.
>>
>>198582597
Everything new sucks and everything old is white. Their solution is to pretend America is a Chinese colony and cater their industry to asian people, but even that won't work if they can't learn to make good entertainment again.
>>
>>198582597
the problem is low quality writing, ironic considering improving the script is the most cost effective way of improving the overall quality of the product

abandon all hope
>>
Culture.
Entertainment spending is seen as a waste.
I bet they spend more on food or tangible quality of life comforts.
>>
>>198582597
Jamie, pull up the stats showing that gay american musical as the most watched cartoon in all of japland.
>>
>>198582685
>>198582710
>>198582825

>omg muh based redpilled Asians!
Idk where this delusion comes from. Being a weeb? Asians are the 2nd most likely group to vote democrat in the US

>blacks/muslims: 95-100%
>asians: 90%
>hispanics: 80%
>jews: 70%
>whites: 50-55%
>>
I have an aunt who is into reading books and so we sometimes talk about books together
We were talking about a book by R. F. Kuang and said that she thought it was really good and represented the Asian/Chinese experience very well
I said I wasn't really interested, that I had heard some bad things about it
She told me that I should read more Asian authors since I am Asian
Anyway I had an interesting thought the other week and it's that I have read Asian authors
I have read Confucius, I have read Zhuangzi, I am 1/3rd through the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, I have read Pu Songling and I've also read a lot of Japanese authors like Mishima and Kenko
It's strange how these kinds of people don't want to go to these civilisations and look at what they've made, instead they only care about Asian American experiences
It's like they've just abandoned 3000 years of tradition in favour for a yellow shade on the Western literary tradition
It's the same thing with Asian American films or television
I've seen nearly every Kurosawa film but apparently that doesn't count because it's not Crazy Rich Asians?
>>
File: c06.png (262 KB, 467x467)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
>>198582597
>>
>>198582597
What if... hypothetically... they stopped casting ugly asians* and put 10/10 asians* on screen?

* by asian standards. Do they look like the asians you see in Asian movies? Ugly clothes, ugly make up, ugly everything.
>>
>>198583283
East asians have super exact beuaty standards -- so tons of plsatic surgery. And for whatever reason ALL east asians do not like east asian facial features. Nope. Not one bit. They consider it low class. Which is also why the rich ones get plastic surgery.

Chinese watch american films with asian-americans and they're seeing low caste peasants.
>>
>>198583084
>a party that has more asian representation wouldve get more votes from asian communities

Who wouldve thought
>>
>>198582597
Higher iq
>>
>>198583578
Just proving that multiculturalism/"diversity" cannot work.
>>
>>198583634
It's working just as it needs to. Bye bye ytie
>>
>>198583186
>I've seen nearly every Kurosawa film but apparently that doesn't count because it's not Crazy Rich Asians?

Liberals are all still nationalist to the core, it's just their nationalism focuses on the diversity of the nation. Actual people and content from Asia, or Africa, or Latin America don't count. Asian-Americans, African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans. THOSE count. They got absorbed, and are part of OUR team now.
>>
>>198583634
America doesnt do multiculturalism, america is doing amalgamation, where the nuances of different culture is being dumbed down to stereotypes

In a sense, I don't think America deserved it (unlike truly vile colonial countries like France or Belgium), but then again, you can only blame the policymakers for fucking shit up
>>
Asian Americans are literally a reddit ethnicity.
>>
>>198583711
They make more money than you ever will
>>
>>198583186
>instead they only care about Asian American experiences
I still have no idea what this means. Some generic trope of a starry-eyed Asian-American girl who is struggling to find the heartthrob white guy bf but her dad won't let her? Or the story of how the Asian-American guy is struggling with his MIT enrollment? To be honest, stories on "real" Asian-American experiences are boring as sin.
>>
>>198583733
Most of them don't. That's how averages work.
>>
File: 1714014953842659.webm (2.87 MB, 700x242)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>198583745
>>198583745
Yeah furthering your education and finding love is boring. Let's just watch crackers and nigs shoot eachother instead!
>>
>>198582710
This. If there's no pirate copy, it wasn't worth pirating.
>>
Do whites in China complain that there aren't enough whites in Chinese films?
>>
>>198583836
This isn't true. Most old kino are hard to find in torrent sites and no one s(n)eeds.
But they're also hard to buy too so it doesn't really make a difference.
>>
>>198583984
Whites in American and Europe don't even complain there aren't enough whites in American and European films.
>>
File: wmaf.jpg (1.46 MB, 2048x2048)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
I agree, hollywood needs a WMAF revolution
>>
>>198583084
We vote democrats because we know they're an anti pigskin party and will oppress pigskins in our favour. Back home we vote for strong nationalist dictators, we are literally winning by not only strengthening our nations but weakening yours lol
>>
>>198583984
Chinese media is not marketed towards the world like Hollywood is. It makes sense for Hollywood to be representative of the populations it earns most from, which is international. You dumbfuck.
>>
>>198584115
Is it true you have a 2 inch pp
>>
...and of course, when using the term 'Asian American', we are of course referring to the majority who are descendants of immigrants from the Guangdong province of the People's Republic of China.
We are not talking about descendants of those from other parts of China, and the rest of Asia.
>>
>>198582825
Yes in other news Tesla sales have cratered because Elon Musk hates the woke
>>
>>198583766
Since you're a pigskins I can guarantee you don't know the difference between averages and median. The median salary of any Asian from China to the Phillipines is higher than native pigskins and blacks by a huge margin. We are simply better than you.
>>
>>198584143
No that's just extra. All federal stats lump Asians together
>>
>>198584166
Pakis aren't lumped in with Asians tho
>>
>>198583811
another successful late term abortion
>>
>>198584186
They are retard
>>
I watch a lot of anime
>>
Asians strangely buy a lot of luxury brands: clothing, shoes, bags. Stuff I'd never buy in a million years 'cause I'm a smart white guy.
>>
>>198584237
>smart white guy
You mean broken pigskin cuck. Asians earn much higher than you and work respectable jobs, you flip burgers at your local Wendy's, how are you ever going to afford Gucci or Louis Vitton you broken peasant fuck.
>>
If anyone's looking for a good rage read, and wants to know more about why all these fortune 500 companies believe the things they do, I'd recommend adding the McKinsey blog to their rss. Also helps hone your corporate faggot speak for job interviews.
>>
>>198582597
It's an IQ thing. Every smart person I've met barely watches tv or movies. Entertainment is for low iq brainlets like us and redditors
>>
File: 17227749372961.jpg (19 KB, 500x283)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>198584158
by that logic, the euros living in korea and japan making more money than the average korea or jap means euros are superior to koreans or japs. Also all the Nigerians living in the US must simply be better because they make above the average white income.

No, that's retarded. The answer is that if you select for the most educated, most driven, most entrepreneurial of any ethnicity and only allow them to immigrate to your country, then that group in your country will be well above the average citizen.
>>
File: asian girl 1.png (852 KB, 666x823)
852 KB
852 KB PNG
>>198584115
i love that asian men vote democrat, the party of feminism, which allows asian women to fuck whoever they want.
>>
>>198583283
>that jacket
>those pants
these chiggers never had a chance. i didn't even remember how unfashionable they all looked in this movie on top of being ugly
>>
>>198584237
pay attention, they only buy the bags that appreciate in value.
you won't ever see them treating those bags like shit coz it lowers the resale value
>>
>best friend was born in China, but bought to Bolivia when he was a baby
>he only reads mangá and listens to reguetón
>he told me a few times he can't stand movies with real actors when I suggested the show Yellowstone
Keep in mind this is a 21 years old guy, married and with three kids.
>>
File: China action star.jpg (79 KB, 720x1280)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>198583283
>compare those creaturas to average Chinese action star

You could be on to something.
>>
Asia is a big continent. "Asian American" can mean Korean college girls, or unibrow taxi drivers from Turkmenistan
>>
>>198585959
I don't understand why euros say this. Asia is only between China and Japan.
India isn't remotely part of Asia, it's a subcontinent, and it's entirely cut off from the rest of Asia by the world's largest mountain range. To me, India is east, almost middle eastern, but not Asian.
When I heard Brits calling pakis Asian I thought those fags lost the plot. So now they're basically saying "there's Europe, Asia, and Africa".

It's retarded and reductionist. India is its own thing entirely, because it's a billion fucking people located in a distinct geographic area. The middle east is an apt name for a designated area east of Europe. There's central Asia, and then there's east Asians which should only include China Korea and Japan. Below them is the south east Asians.
>>
>>198582597
too smart to watch trash. so the opposite of this board.
>>
>>198583811
>fat white woman stepping out of the car
pottery
>>
>>198582597
asians spend their money on games. lootboxes and gachas are very popular since they love gambling
>>
>>198586248
This asian is fucking SEETHING.
>>
>>198586633
You'll never be "Asian" pajeet stop trying to piggyback off Japan.
>>
>>198586248
So what are Russians, you can take a 10 minute boat ride from Japan and you're in eastern Russia
>>
>>198582597
>why aren't people who send money to their families overseas spending as much as our generational citizens?
>we gave them all those high paying jobs!
>we better make our media all about them now too.
>>
File: 1707813341959.jpg (42 KB, 598x394)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>198586265
I've seen what's popular in asia and it's worse than western daytime tv/soap operas from thirty years ago. They have some gems in flim, but the vast majority of popular cinema there is garbage that no one else watch. Bollywood tier slop without the production value.

Only thing they export that the rest of the world wants to see is anime and you know what a state that's in right now. They consume at least as much hot garbage as anyone.
>>
>>198582710
I stopped pirating since the day I got a full time job.

>spend 35% less of media
wtf am I supposed to spend on? Going to the kinoplex and Taylor Swift concerts?
>>
>>198587174
Well you just answered it yourself, in the western most part they're practically white. The southern most part touches the caucuses and central Asia and it's a mix of caucasian Muslims and middle Eastern tribes. East of that it's literally just mongols and mongol derivatives.
Russia is really diverse, its spread across Eurasia.

If you're a white Russian then you're probably living in a poorish but livable state. People in Kazakhstan and in the outer regions past yakust aren't even third world, they are pastoral subsistence farmers with no electricity or plumbing.

The Russians you see in the Ukraine front, are divided into 3 groups. The ones given mossins and sent to die in droves are the Asians, and the ones that get 50 year old AKs and also sent to die by drone videos are the Muslims.
The whites of Russia are given real military hardware and training. But then you have Wagner group and spetznaz who even British SAS forces admit are serious elite.

Russia is too big to have a single identity. It's practically an empire still. Occupying many different regions of people.
>>
>>198584158
It's called a selection bias. The ones that had the drive to emigrate also tend to value education + hard work. The overwhelming majority of your ethnic brethren are literal soulless lemmings who need to be told what to do.
>>
>>198583084
> 90% of Asians vote Democratic
Lmao. This is bullshit.
A ton of middle and lower class Asians vote republican because they hate hand outs (because they don't get them) and they hate blacks and Mexicans.
Middle class ones hate that Asians get fucked by affirmative action that screws them more than anyone else.
>>
>>198583811
Did he shot literally right over the woman's head? Holding his pistol on its side like a gang banger
>>
>>198587588
You're half right. The only east Asians America allowed in were people who were already educated before moving. Only educated driven immigrants entered.
Meanwhile today, we mostly have uneducated 3rdies with no education because the gov doesn't want new business owners, they want more laborers
>>
You know when you watch something with subtitles and there's those notes explaining the joke because it only makes sense to the original audience?
Now imagine that was the entire show or movie
Now you understand why they wouldn't care
>>
>>198583984
Whites in China are disproportionately wealthy/educated compared to the average Chinese. They consume their own media & tend to live in enclaves.
>>
>>198584186
Asians in America is reserved exclusively for Oriental Asians from the East + Southeast.

Pakis/Indians are lumped in with Caucasians and are typically referred to by their national origins, but most Americans consider them to be Arab/Middle Eastern.
>>
>>198587640
>They hate blacks and Mexicans.
Where did you even get this impression. Blacks yes because they literally sucker punch them whenever they see them on the street but I've been to California before and they really don't care that much about mexicans or anyone else other than blacks because they have an indifferent view towards everyone else.
>>
>>198588007
Yep plus South Asians in America also make up most of the Muslim population in the US since most Arabs in the US are Christian.
>>
Casting is becoming a woman mafia and asian men give them the ick and they don't want to cast asian women for obvious reasons.
>>
Because most of them suck

t. Flip American
>>
the average american wastes about 60 of their income on non essentials so asian americans are probably just about where they should be financial responsibility speaking
>>
>>198587640
You don't know any Asians lmao
>>
Who needs goy slop when all east asian have their own unique media?
>>
>>198582597
Did they ever think maybe the reason those Asians have more money is because they don't spend it all on trash media every two weeks?
>>
>>198583283
>* by asian standards
nobody is interested in your creepy plastic kpop doll people
>>
>>198583084
I don't vote Republican because they have nothing to offer me, as I am neither rich nor Jewish.
>>
>>198585857

I concur.
>>
File: 7546544645627.webm (1.54 MB, 848x480)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB WEBM
>>198582597
>McKinsey surveys have shown that, understandably, most of these consumers would spend more on film and TV if they were represented.
Have they, though? Cause that sounds a lot more like a logical leap being made by a communist without the evidence required to support it.
>>
>>198583186
Truly an insectoid race of organisms.
>>
>>198582685
So that's why Disney changed all their movie posters in China
>>
>>198583836
>It isn't worth checking out if there aren't an assortment of gooks seeding it and allowing you to access it for free
lol lmao even
>>198584135
NTA but he didn't imply anything by asking that question. Hollywood is known as an institution based in America, so it stands to reason that it should use members of America's populace in its productions. It's not that Hollywood CAN'T profit off Americans, it's just that they choose to market slop that's accessible to a wider, stupider, and undiscerning audience. Moron.
>>
File: 1666380277133400.gif (2.56 MB, 322x178)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB GIF
>>198584115
>I'll vote against my own interests while living abroad in the white man's country to own the white man, that'll show em!
lol why are you larping as an American citizen? Btw you live in a shithole and have a micro penis.
>>
>>198585744
Now imagine people who are more or less like your friend multiplied by hundreds of millions. This is the "audience" that media companies are trying to cater to. Asians and browns (especially Gen Z) don't really have a discerning taste and I wouldn't really ever take their word what's good and what isn't
>>
>>198582597
Modern movies and tv shows are lame.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.