[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0555.jpg (61 KB, 806x720)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
When you figured out that Marty can’t travel to the future to see his “future self”? Or rather, “future life?”
Because that’s impossible since Marty (and Jennifer) left the timeline in 1985, and therefore when Marty arrived in 2015, he would’ve just found out that he went missing in 1985, and his parents/family would’ve reported him missing and never would’ve seen him again.
>>
File: 1631359085162.jpg (36 KB, 655x527)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
fuck

>>
>>198583635
Also when he returns to 1985 in the first movie, he would be in a different timeline. So he would go back to 1985 and there would be another Marty there who likely never went back in time. What then?
>>
>>198583677
There used to be a old BTTF forum filled with turbo autists that I went to and the theory was the homeless bum you see sleeping on the park bench is the Marty that failed to return to the future.

Also when Marty first gets to the twin pines mall you clearly see someone walking in the background of the shot for a second. People think thats a 3rd Marty trying to fix another fuck up.
>>
>>198583677
>What then?
They would have to fight to the death.

Interesting how the film handles it; Marty just falls asleep and wakes up in a nicer house, with parents who belong to a country club. As if they would buy the same mediocre house instead of purchasing an entirely different one.

Same with Jennifer in the 3rd film; they leave her on a bench in the terrible alternate 1985, and she somehow isn’t affected by different timelines.
Don’t get me wrong, the 1st and 3rd are still excellent movies, but they get the time travel stuff completely wrong even in the first film.
>>
>>198584098
I went to QA sessions with Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale. They were asked this many times.
>"how come the picture in BTFF1 slowly has people vanishing instead of all of them at once"
>"Because it's a fucking movie and that's how you build tension we had no coherent rules about time travel"
>>
>>198584167
Good for them
>>
>>198583635
This is just the underlying principal of the grandfather paradox. It's like in Idiocracy when Joe is contemplating the theoretical use of the time machine.
>should I save Rita from the cops?
>No, I can go back in time and convince her not to go.
>No wait, but if we're still here now, then I never went back and convinced her not to go.
>But if I DID go back and convince her not to go, then I wouldn't be having this conversation.
>>
Why do people even like the 2nd movie?
The 1st and 3rd are far superior.
>>
>>198583635
Never think about that one at that time but I can't help but noticing the "wait, if old biff changed the past... how he was able to deliver the delorean again to marty and the doc in the unchanged 2015 timeline?
>>
>>198583635
No quantum mechanics solves this by your time traveling action creates a new universe for both timelines to exist at the same time. This means the story of the first movie shouldn't have any stakes in it as any change Marty makes won't affect his timeline or else it would create a paradox. Marty can't be in the situation he's in at the beginning of the movie if his family is doing better because of his actions in the past at the end of the movie.
>>
>>198584167
That's why time travel plots are typically bad unless you write it so the time travel action was part of the original timeline otherwise you're just making paradoxes.
>>
>>198584362
They addressed this in a deleted scene. He delivered it then vanished

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=124-bZmfbPQ
>>
File: bttf.jpg (221 KB, 800x985)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>198583635
Around when I was 15 - Its probably the most glaring issue across the entire trilogy

>>198584326

>Fun kitschy version of the future and the only time the characters actually go forwards in time
>Lots of cool technical shots that they had to film creatively to solve scenes where actors interact with themselves
>Going back to the first film while trying to avoid their temporal selves is a fantastic idea for a time travel plot
>Explores the idea of alternate timelines with Biffs version of 1985 and the deeper ramifications of time travel in general
>Flying fucking Delorean is one of the most iconic vehicles ever

I agree 1 and 3 are better films but 2 is still fantastic

I love these films so much bros
>>
If you love these movies I highly suggest you DON'T watch the Broadway play. They took creative liberties and made it very woke.
>>
>>198584506
But Biff can’t go back to the same time line.
He would’ve went to the future of 2015 from the alternate timeline he created.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1612973311094.jpg (20 KB, 312x273)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Never. I'm older than dirt and still haven't realized this because it's stupid zoomer Youtube eceleb dumbfuckery.

It's a fucking movie you underage twats.
>>
>>198584630
Sounds insanely bad.
Like throw vegetables at the stage bad.
>>
>>198584685
Kek
When did Bob Gale and Bob Zemekis rape you?
>>
>>198584326
3 is the weakest for me
>>
>>198584682
It's quite possible what he returned to still appeared close to what he left.
>>
>>198584698
There is so much shit but the two things that annoyed me is

1. Doc doesn't get shot by Libyans because that is racist and offensive. No he gets radiation poisoning and Marty speeds to the hospital (leaving Doc behind) to get help and hits 88 MPH
2. The black mayor gets a much extended role. Appears in 3 songs one of which mocks the lack of diversity in the past. One of the black musicians at the end finds Marty in the dumpster and says "oh look white trash" and the NYC audience I watched this with, mostly whites and (((whites))) gave a standing ovation to that I am not exaggerating
>>
>>198584910
sounds god awful. The first one is dumb, getting shot from off stage by the LIBYANS could be a good gag. Doc would have accounted for radiation poisoning, getting shot was not part of his initial equation, also they are at a mall, marty would have just jumped in the car to a pay phone or brought doc with him in the car.

Calling your main character a racial slur to have the audience applause ruins your main character. Now if BIFF fell in a dumpster and one of the band members joked and said white trash, sure that works, but not towards marty
>>
>>198585044
Biff falls into a dumpster of spaghetti now for some reason not manure
>>
>>198583635
I always felt bad for Biff, he was a rapist but Marty made him a balding man with no confidence. Basically turned him into his own original dad.
>>
>>198584910
>Stand up in the audience
>Say to all the DEI actors on stage “Oh look, black trash.”
>Watch in amusement as they try and call you racist.
Might be worth a trip to NYC for
>>
>>198584326
As a kid I just liked all the future tech desu
>>
>>198585390
Oh yea for some bizarre reason they made Marty's brother black. I had no idea they did this till intermission. You see a black guy in a burger king uniform show up and deliver them food and sing a song about how awesome working at Burger King is so you thinks it's a delivery man and a paid advert but some random guy later told me that was his brother. Didn't even consider that. His parents were both white
>>
File: sr6fh5mihuf51.jpg (18 KB, 480x360)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>198583725
>the homeless bum you see sleeping on the park bench is the Marty that failed to return to the future
>>
>>198583725
>the homeless bum you see sleeping on the park bench is the Marty that failed to return to the future
He could've stole some songs he knew, pioneer rock music and become mega rich lol
>>
>>198583725
>the homeless bum you see sleeping on the park bench is the Marty that failed to return to the future.
Kinda makes sense they awkwardly focus on him 2 times as if he's something they want you to pay attention to
>>
>>198584326
first two are basically one movie
3rd one is the real sequel and also the weakest of all
>>
File: Spoiler Image (487 KB, 512x512)
487 KB
487 KB PNG
>>198584910
>the NYC audience
I'm so happy Jew York is getting flooded with muslim invaders right now.
Some REAL good off-Off-OFF Broadway Kino coming up pretty soon!
>>
>>198585812
Watching the mayor of NYC constantly complaining about too many illegal aliens is just the best.
>>
>>198585812
>Some REAL good off-Off-OFF Broadway Kino coming up pretty soon!
Already happening in real time. /Pol/ has lots of good videos.
>>
>>198583635
English, OP.
>>
>>198583635
marty mcguy
>>
>>198584326
Just like the alien franchise.
>>
>>198584713
They agree >>198584167
>>
>>198584713
You sound exceptionally homosexual.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.