[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: last jedi.jpg (188 KB, 800x1185)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
Have there been any times where movie sequel(s) have been re-created or dropped entirely for another try?
And is there any chance this will happen to the star wars sequels?
>>
>>200147735
Yes. Superman Returns comes to mind, specifically says 3 and 4 didn't happen.

I think it's more likely they try to reboot it and completely destroy themselves financially in the attempt
>>
TLDR

The power of of one, the power of two, the power of mannnnyyyy!
>>
>>200147735
Yeah. Terminator Dark Fate ignored everything except the first two. The new Halloween movies ignore everything but the first.
>>
>>200147785
>completely destroy themselves financially in the attempt
That would be more than beneficial too.
>>
File: michael-myers-october.png (263 KB, 1000x600)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
>>200147735
>Tell me about it.
>>
>>200147735
Does Highlander 2 count?
>>
>>200147735
Well Carrie Fisher is already dead, they'd better hurry it up before Ford and Hamill croak too.
>>
>>200147906
Seeing what Ford looked like in Indy 5, its probably better to just leave it at this point. Maybe in 20 years,when KK and Iger are no longer in position,make some Yuzan Wong Trilogy set 100 years after the Episode 9 and do a cleansing of Galaxy and soft reboot of the franchise.
>>
>>200147906
They wouldn't need to be in the sequels.
Both in the sense of, they could find other actors for their older versions, or use some kind of makeup/cgi.
And in the sense of by not having them, we wouldn't have ties to "ooh muh nostalgia, i remember Leia" and "somehow palpatine returned."
>>
>>200147735
Most series reboot all the time. Hell current star wars cannon is a reboot after scrapping the EU.
Will this happen to current star wars? No, not short of disney completely dying. They're stubbornly attached to the shit they've made and won't budge on any of it (even though their shitting writing is unintentionally retconning it)
If you want to enjoy star wars, consooom legends shit. All the games are on steam for like 30 dollars and the books are easy to order.
>>
>>200147735
I wish they'd do that with the post-Capaldi Dr Who
>>
>>200147735
Halloween has done that a bunch, I think there are three sequels now to the first film that ignore the continuity of the others
>>
>>200147735
Kill yourself shill
>>
>>200148082
Anything set in the disney wars continuity is faggot shit. Fuck yourself
>>
>>200147735
they should redo the PREQUELS
there should be no sequels at all because the story ends on ENDor
>>
>>200147735
At this point, best to let Star Wars drown in its own feces and hope that someone does an exciting take on The Culture series.
>>
>>200148414
Who says anything about Disney continuity,dickhead? Just set Tit in a new era,and not mention any of the mouse crap. But for that to happen,Star Wars need to be taken from the wokies first. Iger and Kennedy would just continue the current course.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.