[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Movies/series about why small American towns and states so decayed, ugly, dystopian and grim?
>>
>>200587633
Michael Jackson used to moonwalk these very streets
>>
>>200587633
Niggers enter, whites leave
Simple as
>>
You WILL watch Gummo and you WILL be happy and you won't be a giant smug faggot about it who thinks all midwesterners should be put in FEMA camps because they don't understand the joys of hustle and bustle.
>>
>>200587633
gary is lowkey kino. best beaches in the u.s., great food, hella drugs easy to score
>>
>>200587633
Fargo
>>
did you know that the ASCE rates America's drinking water at C-
>>
>>200587633
movies and videos about nice American towns won't get views
>>
the Florida Project is pretty on point, went to university in Florida and there is a pretty huge and ubiquitous underclass that lives out of motels in most Florida cities

the US in general has a pretty settled policy preference for letting areas prosper or decay as their economic conditions warrant, New England is littered with long abandoned farms deep in the woods and the West is dotted with old mining and ranching boom towns that are long abandoned. there's a long cultural tradition of people migrating to follow work and opportunities
>>
>>200587875
people relocate now less than people in 1950
>>
>>200587744
Best beaches? Yea swimming in freshwater water in Lake Michigan in the summer and somehow there’s seagulls and there’s warning signs about bacteria infection
>>
>>200587633
>Movies/series about why
>about why
Racism isn't allowed on this board
>>
>>200588644
that's not true look at the southern border.
>>
>>200588813
he said people
>>
>>200587695
That was approximately 70 years ago.
>>
File: n.gif (21 KB, 183x170)
21 KB
21 KB GIF
>>200587633
>>
What's even going on in Indiana? I've never heard of anything happening there or anyone living there.
>>
>>200589722
I'm literally there right now.
>>
File: Lost-River-039.jpg (328 KB, 1920x800)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
The Goose directed a movie, Lost River (2014), that is set in a run down town.
>>
>>200587633
Nepotism, niggers, democrat policies and female voters enabling it all.
>>
Why don't midwestern crackheads just move into the cities?
>>
>>200587633
>The History Channel documentary Life After People was filmed in Gary, exploring areas that have deteriorated or been abandoned because of the loss of jobs and residents.[51]
kekekek
how embarrassing
>>
im a big city slicker and in a few weeks im moving to a bumfuck rural hick small town with a population of 1000. doing it for a reset and fresh start. what am i in for?
>>
>>200590893
If you was "big city slicker" and never experienced small town life, and mostly the people of these towns, then you are fucked.
>>
>>200591060
why am i fucked :(
>>
File: home.png (3.21 MB, 1885x1002)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB PNG
My towns fucking awesome. Don’t you about you fags.
>>
>>200589722
>>200590008
What are the downsides of living in the midwest
>>
File: Spoiler Image (34 KB, 400x167)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>200590893
>im a big city slicker and in a few weeks im moving to a bumfuck rural hick small town with a population of 1000. doing it for a reset and fresh start. what am i in for?
>>
>>200590893
What's the population of the county? What is the economic situation of the area? How close is the grocery store, hardware store etc... to your house? All these will change the experience of a rural town.

Also, if your rural town is within a few miles of a town or city with a larger population, most of those rural folks may just be people that don't mind a farther distance to the grocery in exchange for lower taxes.
>>
>>200591555
>What's the population of the county?
2022 census says like 1400
>What is the economic situation of the area?
info says there's a lot of work available but ill be working remote
>How close is the grocery store, hardware store etc... to your house?
jewgle maps says they're all within minutes of my house
>rural folks may just be people that don't mind a farther distance to the grocery in exchange for lower taxes.
the town is like 30 minutes outside of a major city
>>
>>200587633
>small American towns
>gary
Gary is a shithole city full of niggas. It's not a small town.
>>
>>200587727
Manufacturing leaves, people leave
Simple as
>>
I truly think as housing costs get higher, people are going to start to return to these rust belt cities for how much value you can get. Not all the cities but I'd wager at rust belt city with major sports teams (detorit, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh etc) Are the best buys someone could make right now.
>>
>>200587633
Gary isn't, or rather wasn't, a small town. At its height, its population density was around 4k people per square mile which falls just short of triple the current average US city density.
>>200589722
Nothing anymore. All the factories closed down.
>>
Great place 50 years ago but that's what happens when you let crooks in and use the city's budget as their piggy bank. I remember when I was in middle school, and this lady took money from the city to fund her trip to Hawaii.
>>
>>200592140
It's easy to blame him, but outsourcing started at least a decade before he got in. And regardless of that, you just can't compete with a nation of people who will happily accept peanuts in compensation for risking their life in hazardous work conditions.
>>
Capitalism doesn't work, your towns go to shit, jobs disappear, you get ethnically replaced by immigrants who don't notice how bad things have gotten and will gladly take your jobs and do it for less and with a smile.

You can blame it on "niggers" or whatever, the reality is that China literally produces like 1/2 the steel in the world now.

Communism wins.
>>
>>200587633
You should watch Anchorage.
I love zero-budget pictures. Anchorage is a depressing little flick about two brothers, both of them unsable drug addicts, driving across the country and staying in abandoned buildings. It's got some great imagery, all shot in real abandoned shitholes in America.
>>
File: 1396053727280.jpg (47 KB, 450x465)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>200592492
what we can see is that nationalism wins. and a relatively fixated ethno/cultural identity that last more than one decade helps too.
>>
>>200587633
I drove through here on my way back from Chicago one time, it was comfy kino in a Stalker (1979) way
>>
niggers aren't the problem, it's a symptom, if a town had jobs and opportunities wypipo wouldn't leave
>>
>>200587633
>small American town
gary was a medium sized city until the steel industry shut down
>>
YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THE KING OF *POP* FROM, NIGGA?!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/X5Q1wOwW_Ig?feature=share
>>
>>200590893
https://youtu.be/b1_RKu-ESCY?
here's a beginner's guide
>>
File: 1713892801531494.png (409 KB, 950x1019)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
>>200592492
Meanwhile Communism lost the Cold War and most of China lives in conditions unironically worse than this, literally renting CAGES ON THE STREET to live in and eating food cooked with oil salvaged from sewers.
>>
Corporate greed
>>
>>200595618
>i am brown immigrant invader and i love american flag
>60k likes
do amwricans really
>>
>>200587727
that doesn't work for appalachia
>>
>>200592208
depends on property taxes but yeah. and that's what californians have been doing for a WHILE now lmao
>>
File: 1656872189272.jpg (128 KB, 750x741)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>200591143
>Exter, New Hampshire
Oh nice, can't wait to move in!
>50k new transplants move in, buy up all the cheap housing, increase traffic, food prices, cost of living, and affect the atmosphere of the town
Anon, never ever ever advertise how awesome your town is.
>>
>>200591143
This looks like the one presentable looking street in the town, where the rest varies from bland looking middle class homes to swathes lower class hovels. Source: grew up in a small town like this.
>>
>>200587727
>>200587633
>Shut down jobs because no military industrial complex war
>Realtors tell whites that blacks are moving in so they sell their house cheap so they can sell the land to the government to build freeways and bypasses

Many such cases.
>>
>>200589722
I moved here from California. My town is basically 98% white but it's like 70% normal white people and the rest are racist hicks literally living in the 60s.
Most houses are run down, rotted wood, dirty windows. Most whites here just collect government assistance, there's so many businesses looking for workers too. Also there's only 1 movie theatre here and it's dirty as fuck because the people working there all look like ex convicts.
>>
>>200592492
Communism isn't winning because China is a Capitalist country. Capitalism is so powerful that it has fucked up the west and is now what Russia and China bow down to. All the rich Californians leaving the state are literally being pushed out by even wealthier Russia and Chinese interests.
>>
>>200590893
Don't fall for the rural meme. You'll miss being in or near a big city, trust me. Most of the anti-city stuff comes from obnoxious luddite tradlarping conservicucks. The outskirts have just as many niggers, drug addicts and spics as everywhere else, except now you need to drive 50 miles to buy groceries.
>>
>>200595887
This is why things will never change. Capitalism is fucking you in the ass while the indoctrination of the false dichotomy is making you ask for more. It's insane how easily manipulated rightwing crybabies are as long as you give them a catch-all boogyman.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.