[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Bez tytułu.png (1.38 MB, 1160x538)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
This show was insufferable from the very first episode. I absolutely fucking hated it how deep and subversive it thinks it is, while being the most obvious and surface level satire of an over saturated genre. This show has "16yo Redditor trying to be clever and edgy" written all over it. It's just so cringy.
The Boys just repeats the same message over and over and over and over and over again to the point I wanted to off myself after like 3 episodes, this is where I stopped watching. Now I'm hearing people are surprised that the "quality" massively dropped and it just became obnoxious political satire. How is anyone surprised?
>>
Tbf it was kind of a breath of fresh air in the genre when it debuted and was actually quite compelling but then they dropped that absolute stinker of a season 3 but to save that shitshow they introduced Soldier Boy and that's where things got complicated as before that it was 'the boys' show with emphasis on actual character arcs and homelander was omnipresent threat but after soldier boy it was just one man show that's when they put the character above show and hey I'm not complaining on the contrary I'm totally aboard yeah go on gimme soldier boy I'm all for it he's so cool but then they WASTED him completely after that shitstorm of finale where they butchered every single character arc in one go and fucked it up. But calling the whole show shit from the beginning is a bit too far coz the first two seasons were solid man.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.