[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

So will he ever make a unique film again or will he really still be making Avatar slop on his deathbed? He wants to make seven of the fucking things.
>>
guess that's a no
>>
>>200685069
Veganism destroyed his brain, so no.
Avatar is the most boring thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>200685069
he's a fucking liberal hack
>>
>>200685069
the power of Avatar One

the power of Avatar Two

the power of MONEEYYYY
>>
>>200685069
These absolute dog shit toilet slop movies will continue to break box office records. All 7 of these pieces of shit. That's how you know it's over. The orcs won.
>>
>>200685069
same with George ARR ARR MARRtin. Why do these geezers seem to think they have 25+ years left to make le epic saga? Just retire and enjoy your life old bro
>>
The Avatar series will prove to be the most important movies ever made, they are essential viewing for humanity.
>>
>>200687029
haha! No, James, you are not, and will never be, George Lucas.
>>
>>200685069
He said he wants to make a Hiroshima bombing movie inbetween maybe he changed his mind
>>
>>200685069
Yeah he said he wants to dedicate his life to the Avatar movies because that his way of bringing awareness about our nature/climate or whatever the fuck he said.
>>
>>200687066
Really? Maybe he got mad after he watched Oppenheimer. I hope that's true.
>>
Quiet, chuddy.
>>
File: alita_sequels.jpg (417 KB, 800x1700)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
>>200685069
The meatboys will get their share of additional movies soon as well.
>>
>>200687198
Did he not learn from Steve Jobs?
>>
>>200685069
I’m so tired, I thought that was Ron Perlman and was going to drop a “YO LIL DONNIE” in the thread
>>
>>200685861
Nah it will be diminishing returns and he won't make 7 of them, perhaps 1 or 2 more
>>
>>200687053
The Star Wars movies are historically important for revolutionising special effects, merchandising and fanboyism, but they have no great message.
The Avatar films actually have an important lesson to teach, especially since it's hard sci-fi and we may actually reach Alpha Centauri (Pandora's system) within the next 150 years, and we're destroying earth's ecosystems right now.
The only other film I think of that is as important as Avatar is Terminator 2. James Cameron understands that if you want to actually decrease the chance of nuclear war with a movie, you make the greatest action movie of all time that all men, including all world leaders, will put on their top 15 list.
>>
>>200687360
>but they have no great message.
LOL stopped reading there.
>>
>>200687360
I totally sympathize with the message Jimmy is trying to convey but they're simply not good movies. And if he really wanted to convey a strong environmentalist message in my opinion it's best to get straight to the point, having alien bullshit just muddles it and normies will just write it off and not connect the dots.
>>
>>200687198
I can relate. Testosterone has made me do some fucked up never back down aggressive dangerous shit. A few times it worked out, a few times it blew up in my face, and a few things that, fortunately no one knows about.

One of those things women and low T men will just never understand. As a guy, you can be capable of really flying off the handle and being a majorly destructive force if you don't find a way to somehow reign it in, or channel it in healthy directions.
>>
>>200687406
Is it not just muh power of friendship and never giving up and being righteous? Really groundbreaking stuff. Prove me wrong?
>>200687555
It's not just the environmentalist message but the treatment indigenous populations, contact with xenos, genetic experimentation, the importance of fatherhood (literally the only modern media that emphasizes this). The fact it's wrapped in a sci-fi action movie is not a detriment. For a movie to be important it has to be seen. They're the most successful films of all time, everyone has seen them, it doesn't matter if some people don't get the message, more people will watch an alien action movie than a tree hugger art house documentary.
>>
>>200687555
>if he really wanted to convey a strong environmentalist message in my opinion it's best to get straight to the point, having alien bullshit just muddles it and normies will just write it off and not connect the dots

I think the message came through loud and clear. Cameron is a cinematic communicator par excellence. He succeeded in getting his message across beyond what anyone else could achieve. No one can touch him at what he does.
>>
>>200687670
>Is it not just muh power of friendship and never giving up and being righteous?
"Just" he says. You are probably the Star Trek writer accusing others of believing in a flat errf.
>>
>>200687670
>more people will watch an alien action movie than a tree hugger art house documentary
But the vast vast vast majority of people who watch said alien action movie won't take anything meaningful away from it. Documentaries may have smaller audiences but they have much clearer messages that are far more likely to make an impact. It's the difference between a million paper cuts and one sniper rifle.
>>
File: 1613294848692 (You).gif (443 KB, 480x238)
443 KB
443 KB GIF
>>200687053
James Cameron is (very obviously) lightyears beyond George fucking Lucas lol
>>
>>200687198

he owes his career to a guy literally injecting testosterone into his veins.

but of course the eternal boomer has the neverending urge of pulling up the ladder behind him.
>>
>>200687743
>James Cameron is (very obviously) lightyears beyond George fucking Lucas lol
^James Cameron actually, for real, no fooling, believes this.
Dude, The Terminator, T2, The Abyss, and True Lies were amazing, but Lucas is still many notches above you.
>>
>>200687360
>The only other film I think of that is as important as Avatar is Terminator 2. James Cameron understands that if you want to actually decrease the chance of nuclear war with a movie, you make the greatest action movie of all time that all men, including all world leaders, will put on their top 15 list.

Brilliant and relevant point.
>>
>>200687360
>The only other film I think of that is as important as Avatar is Terminator 2
You need to watch the British production of Humans.
It's a limited series and it is profound.
>>
>>200685069
>>200685708
>>200685726
show us your unique work, coward!!

>>200685794
liberals make the best art
>>
>>200687825
>if you don't make films, you can never call a bad film bad
>>
>>200687739
I this case, it 2.9+2.4 billion paper cuts, and for topics that effect all of humanity, you want to reach as wide an audience as possible. Even then, no one likes to be preached to. Attenborough's Planet Earth and Avatar have the same goal but we'll never know for sure which will be more impactful; highest grossing movie of all time or highest rated TV show.
>>
>>200687766
>^James Cameron actually, for real, no fooling, believes this.
>Dude, The Terminator, T2, The Abyss, and True Lies were amazing, but Lucas is still many notches above you.
Nope. Lucas is very accomplished, no one can take that away from him, but Cameron is king.
>>
>>200687854
>but Cameron is king.
No. Titanic sucks btw and the CGI was rushed and does not look good.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.